Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kiyo_Michan
I'm only a level 4 but I'd be willing to give moral support and answer questions... emo

How many times did it take you to craft philosopher's cache? And the total gold spent in failed transactions?

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan
I'm only a level 4 but I'd be willing to give moral support and answer questions... emo

How many times did it take you to craft philosopher's cache? And the total gold spent in failed transactions?

One time it took me 15 fails I was like... COME ON... but usually the average was 2? Sometimes first try sometimes more. When you're in level 3 it'll succeed every time basically, even if you don't get XP for them.

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan

One time it took me 15 fails I was like... COME ON... but usually the average was 2? Sometimes first try sometimes more. When you're in level 3 it'll succeed every time basically, even if you don't get XP for them.

I wish I knew before...errr, can you craft this bugger for me? emotion_kirakira

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan

But you won't get the XP then! O: The Philosopher Caches are still my fave option for leveling up to level 3, because I promise it won't fail that much all the time, you should be able to have a nice profit without opening them. Or you could risk getting a better profit by opening em.

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan

But you won't get the XP then! O: The Philosopher Caches are still my fave option for leveling up to level 3, because I promise it won't fail that much all the time, you should be able to have a nice profit without opening them. Or you could risk getting a better profit by opening em.

75% of getting a better profit... Ok, I'll try leveling up to lvl 2. Hopefully I'll be able to crapt the cache on my own.

8,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan
Collected Pixel Dust
Kiyo_Michan

thank you soooo much for believing in me. I created one after leveling to 2. At first I thought nothing changed since i failed my first attempt but... Now I can break even. I am so happy. crying
I ended up getting an aquamarine, not too shabby.

Sexy Cutie-Pie

34,550 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Olympian 200
Collected Pixel Dust

thank you soooo much for believing in me. I created one after leveling to 2. At first I thought nothing changed since i failed my first attempt but... Now I can break even. I am so happy. crying
I ended up getting an aquamarine, not too shabby.

Huzzah! You should fail a lot less often now! whee

Blessed Prophet

17,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cimeara
anutah
... ( 1-2 a day is a lot for me, I dont know maybe other people think thats little)

What Kiyo said.

It's cheapest to gather everything yourself, but it also takes forever. Run through Towns getting the most expensive flower/trash-of-the-timeslot, and then buy the cheaper more common stuff. Fish if the price goes above 300-350 per fish, or whatever your limit might be. Buy what you are tired of farming. I try to keep the component spending price to about 50K per Cache and that's still a profit on most (on all if you sell the Cache unopened, or everthing but currently Sapphire if you open it).

How long did it take you to get to level 10?

Dangerous Dabbler

anutah
Cimeara
anutah
... ( 1-2 a day is a lot for me, I dont know maybe other people think thats little)

What Kiyo said.

It's cheapest to gather everything yourself, but it also takes forever. Run through Towns getting the most expensive flower/trash-of-the-timeslot, and then buy the cheaper more common stuff. Fish if the price goes above 300-350 per fish, or whatever your limit might be. Buy what you are tired of farming. I try to keep the component spending price to about 50K per Cache and that's still a profit on most (on all if you sell the Cache unopened, or everthing but currently Sapphire if you open it).

I took it pretty slow because I was trying to do it cheaply, and it took 4-1/2 months. This was from the middle of last September till the end of January, so it was before the Cache changes.

Blessed Prophet

17,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah

What Kiyo said.

I took it pretty slow because I was trying to do it cheaply, and it took 4-1/2 months. This was from the middle of last September till the end of January, so it was before the Cache changes.

I see, 4 and a half month seems fast to me. I am working on it every day, but it seems like it will take forever.

Dangerous Dabbler

anutah
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah

What Kiyo said.

I see, 4 and a half month seems fast to me. I am working on it every day, but it seems like it will take forever.

Right now the biggest problem for most people is finding the right formulas. Partly in deciding which are easiest, but also just being able to buy them. It can help to look ahead to the next level and keep an eye on what's available for that. And if Caches seem to take too long, find other ways to finance buying them? Play lots of Booty Grab. Or play zOMG in Village Greens and pick up those items for free, plus gold, plus charge orbs for making Orb Aggregate. Remember that even though the Cache gives you a bigger profit all at once, Orb Aggregate is still a steady way to nearly double your gold.
Mostly, this site is supposed to be for -fun-. If you're getting stressed out and frustrated and disappointed, that's not fun! Take a break if it seems too much. You're not going to lose your XP, and you can pick up Alchemy again anytime. You'll get to Level 10 if you want, but it doesn't really matter if it takes 2 months or 4 months or a year, right?

Blessed Prophet

17,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah

What Kiyo said.

Right now the biggest problem for most people is finding the right formulas. Partly in deciding which are easiest, but also just being able to buy them. It can help to look ahead to the next level and keep an eye on what's available for that. And if Caches seem to take too long, find other ways to finance buying them? Play lots of Booty Grab. Or play zOMG in Village Greens and pick up those items for free, plus gold, plus charge orbs for making Orb Aggregate. Remember that even though the Cache gives you a bigger profit all at once, Orb Aggregate is still a steady way to nearly double your gold.
Mostly, this site is supposed to be for -fun-. If you're getting stressed out and frustrated and disappointed, that's not fun! Take a break if it seems too much. You're not going to lose your XP, and you can pick up Alchemy again anytime. You'll get to Level 10 if you want, but it doesn't really matter if it takes 2 months or 4 months or a year, right?

Tight now I have time. Starting September I will go to Japan for school and I know I will have no time after that. So I really really wanna get it done before September.

Dangerous Dabbler

anutah
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah

Tight now I have time. Starting September I will go to Japan for school and I know I will have no time after that. So I really really wanna get it done before September.

That's an awesome adventure! But, yep, I see your point. ^_^

Blessed Prophet

17,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah
Cimeara
anutah

That's an awesome adventure! But, yep, I see your point. ^_^

If you can keep an eye out for me, for any level 3 or level 4 formulas that are not extremely expensive and it is possible to craft, I would really appreciate it.

My current situation is:
Level 3 and 9 exp trying to craft the Edward Red Coat and Sea King.
I only got about 12 Caches and 5 of them are Sapphire ):

So if you see anything around please let me know. I will be much obliged.

Lonely Dabbler

10,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items