Welcome to Gaia! ::

sad Well, I had to delete the app and redownload it so it worked. I lost all of my data. I do not see any different iso's I am downloading it from the ipod app store.(for the newest ipod touch)

Codebreaking Genius

7,700 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I want to use it but I'm from Costa Rica how can I download it?
I do have a question...or a few..

So what was the main idea behind "Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands"?

So far with v1.14 I have enjoyed it greatly and some of the controls were very interesting and intuitive... Not to mentioned to be a very polished product overall! I wanted to say congratulations to you all for a wonderful product!

Would there be any chance in giving an option/way to turn on/off the count down to the attack? Basically, that you could wait to do an attack?

Also are there plans to have more options to "attack" a moga? You have the zodiac attack currently which is a really well plan out interface but what about something for a defense? However this is just a passing though because I would love to know more about the over all plan or way you wanted to go with it?

Also do you think you could add some more music/theme music and audio cues? This also could be used in the Facebook version *hint hint*

One more thing, do you think there would be a way to have multiple ways to play? Like for example you can play offline is a big one for me. I hate that I have to be connected just to do something that would not necessarily require internet connectivity. Now I do understand for screenshots, postings, etc but not everyone is going to have an internet connection all the time unless they are with a cell service!

Thank you for listening to my ranting...Please keep up the great work and I always look forward to more Monster Galaxy smile

Noob

So, is it possible to still get the gold rewards for playing the IOS version like the one on here? that's all I want to know
Love the app, but i had just recently had to restore my ipod and when i went back in the game i lost all data. It wouldnt be a big deal but i bought edgehog and now its gone. Thats $5 gone there really needs to be a way to recover game data. This sucks that i lost that, if there is a way to recover data plz tell me if not what about a refund?
TwiztedJman
Love the app, but i had just recently had to restore my ipod and when i went back in the game i lost all data. It wouldnt be a big deal but i bought edgehog and now its gone. Thats $5 gone there really needs to be a way to recover game data. This sucks that i lost that, if there is a way to recover data plz tell me if not what about a refund?

I'm really sorry about that but we have no way to issue refunds. This is pretty standard for many iPhone games. My recommendation for everyone is to regularly back up your iPhone/iPod with iTunes so that your data will be restored.

Sorry!
MacGeek4Ever
I do have a question...or a few..

So what was the main idea behind "Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands"?

So far with v1.14 I have enjoyed it greatly and some of the controls were very interesting and intuitive... Not to mentioned to be a very polished product overall! I wanted to say congratulations to you all for a wonderful product!

Thanks! The main idea was to create a second Monster Galaxy game that was completely independent from the Facebook version. We wanted this game to be more interactive and fast-paced to be more fun for playing on the go.

MacGeek4Ever

Would there be any chance in giving an option/way to turn on/off the count down to the attack? Basically, that you could wait to do an attack?

Maybe - we'll look into that smile

MacGeek4Ever

Also are there plans to have more options to "attack" a moga? You have the zodiac attack currently which is a really well plan out interface but what about something for a defense? However this is just a passing though because I would love to know more about the over all plan or way you wanted to go with it?

We are investigating more battle options. The first thing we'd probably do is add a second type of Zodiac attack. We actually had a defensive maneuver called "dodge" but it just wasn't very fun during playtesting. We are also looking into buffs/debuffs.

MacGeek4Ever

Also do you think you could add some more music/theme music and audio cues? This also could be used in the Facebook version *hint hint*

Coming soon.

MacGeek4Ever

One more thing, do you think there would be a way to have multiple ways to play? Like for example you can play offline is a big one for me. I hate that I have to be connected just to do something that would not necessarily require internet connectivity. Now I do understand for screenshots, postings, etc but not everyone is going to have an internet connection all the time unless they are with a cell service!

You don't have to be online to play. You can play completely disconnnected. We're looking into PVP play so you can play against your friends.
I'd like to ask something if I may...Is there a chance the amount of energy could increase when getting further in the game? Something like the more mogas you capture, the more the energy increase, or a set amount that is added each time you master an island...

Lover

I find it a bit really laggy at times
(and due to the countdown for attacks I have to watch my HP steadily drain while i lag...)

Lag usually more intense when I enter a battle
(After which I lose all my energy points I spent trying to get IN the battle.)

aaaand the game shuts down all together, or just freezes

Oh and is it possible to replace those giant ads with those discrete banners everyone else seems to use? or at least make an ad free version of $0.99?
Its really ugly compared to the amazing art you guys have used in the app.

I hope that you guys do find a way to save player files,
til then I really doubt I will buy anything from the store
(I dont back up since my itunes is rather temperamental at times copying over what it wants instead of what I want).

Oh and is it possible to get the option of being able to buy the mogas offered to us in the start?
(I cant seem to find the option for it)

Oh and the energy thing is just plain annoying. I get the waiting for the mogas to recover after battle,
But its a bit hard to believe you're that puffed out over yelling commands.
Gives it more than a facebook feel, and makes me STOP playing the game (which I gather you dont want to do) I get that you're trying to make money off the coffee cups, buts its fine that theyre the only pots available in game.

Anyway there ends my rant, thanks for making an awesome app though,
cant wait to see what changes you guys will make in the future!
User Image
Ziang

I find it a bit really laggy at times
(and due to the countdown for attacks I have to watch my HP steadily drain while i lag...)

Lag usually more intense when I enter a battle
(After which I lose all my energy points I spent trying to get IN the battle.)

aaaand the game shuts down all together, or just freezes

Oh and is it possible to replace those giant ads with those discrete banners everyone else seems to use? or at least make an ad free version of $0.99?
Its really ugly compared to the amazing art you guys have used in the app.

I hope that you guys do find a way to save player files,
til then I really doubt I will buy anything from the store
(I dont back up since my itunes is rather temperamental at times copying over what it wants instead of what I want).

Oh and is it possible to get the option of being able to buy the mogas offered to us in the start?
(I cant seem to find the option for it)

Oh and the energy thing is just plain annoying. I get the waiting for the mogas to recover after battle,
But its a bit hard to believe you're that puffed out over yelling commands.
Gives it more than a facebook feel, and makes me STOP playing the game (which I gather you dont want to do) I get that you're trying to make money off the coffee cups, buts its fine that theyre the only pots available in game.

Anyway there ends my rant, thanks for making an awesome app though,
cant wait to see what changes you guys will make in the future!
User Image

Lag: Thanks for the feedback. What device are you using and what version of iOS? Is your device jailbroken? We've tested the game on all devices currently supported by the most recent version of iOS and have found that performance is typically pretty good. The only lag I've seen on older devices is during Zodiac attacks or sometimes on the "World Map" screen.

Crashes: Can you tell me more about the crashes? I've seen a few reports of crashing in the forum but iTunes is telling us that there have been no automatic crash reports. It's hard to fix crash problems without more information.

Ads: The "ads" are not advertisements as much as cross-promotions with other games. We actually don't get paid for the ads. In any case, we don't show the promotions to people who have made in-app purchases so that's the same as us creating a separate game with no ads.

Saving: We're investigating methods to save. Backing up in iTunes really is the best way to save, though, as there are technical limitations to what you can reliably save for games that don't require a connection to play.

Buying Mogas: We're thinking about adding a feature where players can buy Mogas on the Team Screen.

Energy: Energy serves three important services: 1.) it promotes in-app purchases (which you mentioend, 2.) it provides another constraint to the game for players to optimize... therefore, it adds a level of complexity and strategy to the game, and 3.) it breaks up play sessions - we actually do not want players to play continuously unless they choose to do so by utilizing coffees. Why? To be honest, because we think the game is more fun to play in a few short sessions per day rather than continuously if you are not paying. We don't know if that will end up being true for all players, though.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Lover

indy_cole

iOS 4.3.2
and yes for jailbroken (though I will fork over some hard earned cash for that lovely looking $2 Moga from the beginning) and some Starseeds

Though it might be because I leave the app running in the background, (I find that cancelling the process and restarting it helps) - yes I actually wait for all the energy to replenish to play ASAP x'D
Though I'll try it out and hopefully get back to you on that (:

and thanks for that, though it might be helpful if you could add a help section
(for all the dopes like me who forget how to play games every so often)
Does the no-ad thingo typically last a month like when you buy cash on Gaia or is it forever?

Thanks for the speedy reply!User Image
Ziang
indy_cole

iOS 4.3.2
and yes for jailbroken (though I will fork over some hard earned cash for that lovely looking $2 Moga from the beginning) and some Starseeds

Though it might be because I leave the app running in the background, (I find that cancelling the process and restarting it helps) - yes I actually wait for all the energy to replenish to play ASAP x'D
Though I'll try it out and hopefully get back to you on that (:

and thanks for that, though it might be helpful if you could add a help section
(for all the dopes like me who forget how to play games every so often)
Does the no-ad thingo typically last a month like when you buy cash on Gaia or is it forever?

Thanks for the speedy reply!User Image

You'll never see the promotion again one you fund. That's the way it works for now. We might change it in the future, though, if we are forced to do more advertising.

Most of the lag/stability reports I've seen have been from players with jailbroken devices...

Lover

indy_cole

You'll never see the promotion again one you fund. That's the way it works for now. We might change it in the future, though, if we are forced to do more advertising.

Most of the lag/stability reports I've seen have been from players with jailbroken devices...

.................................. ORLY now..... :O
okokok im going to be excited about the upcoming update now!!!
Cant wait to get my hands on those cash mogas smile )

aww, thats disappointing =(
well thanks for all the help anyway!

and dont tell apple !! D:User Image

6,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
What about non-North American stores?

I bet there're more brazilians that want to play, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff