Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not sure if it's just me but I think the Moga cash is a bit too expensive given what it does. A "super rare" cost 10 cash for the master seed, and 110 cash for 19.99 (AUD i think). For that same amount, I can get other great games like Chaos Ring. I think the price should be down to 2/3 of the current ones (or even half) and add more monsters to increase the demand on the cash instead.
Sylphida
Not sure if it's just me but I think the Moga cash is a bit too expensive given what it does. A "super rare" cost 10 cash for the master seed, and 110 cash for 19.99 (AUD i think). For that same amount, I can get other great games like Chaos Ring. I think the price should be down to 2/3 of the current ones (or even half) and add more monsters to increase the demand on the cash instead.

We definitely appreciate the feedback but Moga Cash pricing probably won't change anytime soon.
Sylphida

Agreed biggrin

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
indy_cole
We definitely appreciate the feedback but Moga Cash pricing probably won't change anytime soon.

What is causing prices to be so high? did this game actually cost that much to make, or is the team trying to make a huge profit? What exactly am i missing? xp
I'm assuming that some of you are slightly curious about the business-side since you're asking about costs and profits. Usually, I answer questions like this through PM but I think it's fine to answer questions generally since there are a ton of developers creating games for the iOS and everything I say applies to the entire market - not just us.

There are basically two ways for us (or any developer) to be successful in the App Store in the current environment.

1.) Make players pay to download the App and then include some minor in-app purchases/power-ups in the game.

2.) Create a "freemium" game that is free to download but relies on in-app purchases for revenue. Players typically encounter the option to pay-and-keep-playing or wait in these games.

Both types of games are very expensive to make... just look at the credits of any game and you'll see between 5 - 100 people on the list. Very simple games can take as little as a month to produce, test, and release, but larger games (like ours) take at least 3-4 months and in some cases much longer. At that point, you have a basic game in the App Store that is most likely still lacking some cool features that you didn't have time to build and there might be some bugs. What I'm saying is that the costs don't stop once a game hits the App Store.

Developers also have to spend a lot of money on marketing games. For the most part, people don't download your game unless it's ranked and there's no way to make it in the rankings unless you spend a lot of money on marketing. I would say that developers at the top of the rankings spend quite a bit more money on marketing than they do developing the game.

Obviously, developers need to make a profit to justify making games. In order for a developer to be profitable, they have to invest a bunch of money in developing and marketing a game. All games have to be fun for a sizeable number of people to make money, but "freemium" games also have to be relatively aggressive with in-app purchases. If the game doesn't stay high in the rankings, then it probably won't make enough money.

Remember, though, that the game has to be fun for everyone that plays - not just those who spend money. Speaking specifically about Monster G, we're taking all of this feedback very seriously. While pricing might not change, we have the option to change the balancing to make certain aspects of the game easier (capture rates, Tamer energy rate).

sweety_honey's Husband

paying for moga cash is the quick easy way for those to capture the hard to get mogas. ive considered it myself but decided not too. yet i have been able to capture all mogas common-legendary through cancer island by using normal starseeds. granted some of those damn creatures took a lot of starseeds and time to catch but it can be done if you play it right. ive only spent $1.99 for more starseeds. i know that doesnt help your revenue indy but at least im not cheating at the game like others. ill probably end up buying blue coffee later on just cause i have a ton of mogas i want to power up but not enough energy to keep playing them all. its a free game. they have to make their money somehow. keep in mind too this was recently released. its gonna take time to see what works and what doesnt before they can even it out.
Just some suggestion for improvement. Because the game openly ranks the monster in rarity and shows the % of success in capturing, ppl mostly just want the legendary/epic monster and spend cash just on them.
I think having many more monster types and hide all those detail to encourage ppl to find out for themselves will make the game more interesting (in comparison to item drop rate in MMORPG). And masterseed should not be 100% success, it should have a fail chance but with lower price to buy.
I understand making the game is already hard and the foundation of the game of its counterpart on Facebook might prevent these changes. Also if the game later allows ppl to use (paid) items to enhance the growth of each individual monster, that would make more profit. At the moment, the only different between monsters of the same class are their sodiac which isn't that much interesting.
(It's been a long time since I played the one on facebook so I don't know what's it like now)

Another feature that might be very good are monsters with limited number on server (yea need to make the game online first). For example, there can be only 10 Phoenix or 1 Hydra at a time and a player may only have them for a limited time (with limited extension with paid item?)

Just some thought for future dev.
Sylphida
Just some suggestion for improvement. Because the game openly ranks the monster in rarity and shows the % of success in capturing, ppl mostly just want the legendary/epic monster and spend cash just on them.
I think having many more monster types and hide all those detail to encourage ppl to find out for themselves will make the game more interesting (in comparison to item drop rate in MMORPG). And masterseed should not be 100% success, it should have a fail chance but with lower price to buy.
I understand making the game is already hard and the foundation of the game of its counterpart on Facebook might prevent these changes. Also if the game later allows ppl to use (paid) items to enhance the growth of each individual monster, that would make more profit. At the moment, the only different between monsters of the same class are their sodiac which isn't that much interesting.
(It's been a long time since I played the one on facebook so I don't know what's it like now)

Another feature that might be very good are monsters with limited number on server (yea need to make the game online first). For example, there can be only 10 Phoenix or 1 Hydra at a time and a player may only have them for a limited time (with limited extension with paid item?)

Just some thought for future dev.
Seems a bit over the top and complicated. I suggest faster recharge of energy and more drop rates of seeds/coffees and make catching legendary/epic mogas more easier.
there are two things I would like to see changed. One is I would like to see are a way to save your game online just in case something happens to your game or if someone gets a different device and wants to continue playing from where they were. The other is lower level monsters would grow faster than higher levels.
Dragonologest
there are two things I would like to see changed. One is I would like to see are a way to save your game online just in case something happens to your game or if someone gets a different device and wants to continue playing from where they were. The other is lower level monsters would grow faster than higher levels.

We're working on a save/restore feature right now. Also, lower level monsters do level-up faster than higher-level monsters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff