Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fatcat

5,075 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
indy_cole
Thanks for the feedback on the paid version of the game. This is just something we're considering at the moment. Of course, Starseeds and Coffees would be less scarce in the paid version.

I love the idea of a paid version. emotion_c8
Personally, I'm much more inclined to spend money on a game than to buy things to make said game enjoyable. On paper, a free game in which you pretty much have to buy items with RL money makes good business sense, but I don't think it's a very effective model IRL. If you download a free game that's pretty enjoyable, but it starts getting to points where you pretty much have to use your money to get any farther in the game, you're probably going to just delete it unless you have a bunch of money laying around that you have no other use for.
If you pay for a game, however -- and a lot of teenagers and manchildren probably would, considering it's the closest thing to Poke'mon you're going to get on an iPod -- and game items are easier to come by, you're going to be more inclined to buy an item in that rare case that you really, really have to.
When you hold an item for five seconds, you begin to form an emotional attachment to that item -- like it's yours. If someone gives you a Playstation that's kinda beat up, you're going to form an attachment to it; if it breaks, however, you're probably going to just get rid of it instead of investing any money into it. If you buy a Playstation, though, you're going to form an emotional attachment to it for sure. Now imagine you just dropped all that money, and you're half an hour away from beating Duke Nukem: Eternity, and your console breaks. You're probably going to spend more money fixing your console than you paid for it in the first place.
Monster Galaxy isn't on the level of a PS3, but when you have an attachment to something, you normally won't discriminate.

Sorry that was kinda long, but I figured I'd tell you what my opinion is since it's more than "this game sucks give me free coffees and starseeds nao emo burning_eyes burning_eyes talk2hand burning_eyes ninja dramallama "
Taerar Licorne
I'm not spending $5 on in-game items that are used up absurdly fast (it costs 50 moga cash to catch Wyrm - it costs ten bucks to get 40; that is a ripoff, plain and simple).

This is pretty much the problem I have with it. At that point, I would have put my money to better use just buying an app that doesn't nickle and dime me at every chance, which is not appreciated, by the way.

Yeah, I've been tempted to get the good seeds to guarantee a catch on the rarer moga. But I won't. And do you know why? Because I refuse to support it; if I support it, then that tells Gaia that I am okay with them pushing cash options on me to make the game easier, when I'm not.

2,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
mostafa913
Kirstin Lee
I've been trying since last night to catch Wyrm, but haven't had any luck so far. I've wasted about 35 star seeds in the process. The team I've been using is a level 13 Electrotter, Level 15 Woolf, and a Level 15 Devgorilla.
How did you catch Wyrm? What was your team, and what were their levels? How many star seeds did you waste?

the game is based on your luck not on what mogas you use you there levels xd
you just had bad luck so keep trying biggrin

i got it with 2ss xd i was soooooooooo lucky biggrin

lucky!!! guess i'll have to hoard starseeds for the time being sad

Friendly Poster

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I like Gaia because it's free, I'm not a rich kid And have been born in poverty.

Friendly Poster

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Anyway, I just battle Wyrm first time and killed my 3 mogas and went from 26 seeds to 16. hehe i love the challenge though, i feel like buying would be cheating in my eyes.

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Ryxios
This is pretty much the problem I have with it. At that point, I would have put my money to better use just buying an app that doesn't nickle and dime me at every chance, which is not appreciated, by the way.

Yeah, I've been tempted to get the good seeds to guarantee a catch on the rarer moga. But I won't. And do you know why? Because I refuse to support it; if I support it, then that tells Gaia that I am okay with them pushing cash options on me to make the game easier, when I'm not.

This exactly.

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i wasted about 50 starseeds on that little F***
Haha talk about luck. I used 2 lvl 15 super rare and one lvl 9 epic. Got him at 5% chance on my third seed. Thank you very much smile (I feel with you still haven't got him). I have spent about 6-8 seeds at 50+% chance so I have felt the frustration as well smile
I use Lv13Woolf(Super Rare) Lv13Devgorilla(Rare) and Lv13Spartcus to got Wyrm in 3 seeds

I guess I'm VERY VERY lucky HAHA
indy_cole
Thanks for the feedback on the paid version of the game. This is just something we're considering at the moment. Of course, Starseeds and Coffees would be less scarce in the paid version.

It'd be a great idea...a paid version could also avoid the energy system...you see, it doesn't have a strong imopact on the main game, but seen that you are working on a pvp system, I think energy would limit too much the needed time for training your mogas to their best...

Sparkly Fatcat

5,075 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Clark Novius
indy_cole

It'd be a great idea...a paid version could also avoid the energy system...you see, it doesn't have a strong imopact on the main game, but seen that you are working on a pvp system, I think energy would limit too much the needed time for training your mogas to their best...

I don't think avoiding the energy system would be a good idea... without it, it would be easy to beat the game in a few days. If you just payed $5 for a game and beat it in a few days, you be ticked. Or at least I know I would.

sweety_honey's Husband

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch.... bottom line, gaia (and all the games that spawn from it) are free to play or download. no one is making anyone spend cash on it. im not one to pay either but there have been cases where ive paid to get more starseeds because i ran low trying to catch mogas. if someone wants to spend money to buy moga cash for ultimate starseeds, well let them. from those of us that will spend some money on the game, thats how they get paid. again, its free. they dont get paid unless they are making money somehow on the games. i dont mind it this way cause its a game that is taking me a long time to catch, build and beat all the mogas. i paid for assassins creed 2 on itouch and didnt take me long to beat. if they did what the devs have done with ZI, maybe i woulda liked it more. the only reason i havent deleted assassins creed is cause i actually paid money for the game. instead of just bitching and not making much of an effort to actually make suggestions on how to make the game better, try thinking of one and then post it here for all to see including the devs

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/monster-galaxy-ios/suggestions-for-indy_cole/t.74757877/

User Image
Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items & More!
Heen-san

/Snips obnoxious wall of text

In your moment of ranting about 'Gaia's games are free, stfu!,' you missed something important. The whole point of the complaint (or mine anyway) is that the game is broken as it is now. The game is unbalanced, and what I currently oppose is Gaia pushing cash options onto the player in order to balance the game. No, no one is forcing you to buy these extra things, but the catch rates are ridiculous (Honestly even for more common Moga sometimes, too), and it's sad that the non-cash route is to farm seeds for days on the off chance you don't get that lucky, took-me-just-a-few-seeds catch, which you normally don't. You can't buy more seeds ingame with some kind of currency because this option doesn't exist, go figure! This is not fun, this is not challenging, this is just tedious and poorly thought out. I am also aware of the fact that it is completely sensible for rarer Moga to have a lower catch rate, but the rates of success are so obnoxiously low that's it's simply not worth the headache. Why bother, I can just play a damn pokemon game; at least the catch rates for rares are more reasonable for the player, and I have the option of buying more catch devices without having to shell out real money for it.

I'm not opposed to spending cash on the game. I'm opposed to spending cash to make the game stupidly easy, because the non-cash way is absurd. I wanted to say stupidly hard, but the game isn't hard, it's frustrating.

White knights like you are boring.

sweety_honey's Husband

Ryxios
Heen-san

/Snips obnoxious wall of text

In your moment of ranting about 'Gaia's games are free, stfu!,' you missed something important. The whole point of the complaint (or mine anyway) is that the game is broken as it is now. The game is unbalanced, and what I currently oppose is Gaia pushing cash options onto the player in order to balance the game. No, no one is forcing you to buy these extra things, but the catch rates are ridiculous (Honestly even for more common Moga sometimes, too), and it's sad that the non-cash route is to farm seeds for days on the off chance you don't get that lucky, took-me-just-a-few-seeds catch, which you normally don't. You can't buy more seeds ingame with some kind of currency because this option doesn't exist, go figure! This is not fun, this is not challenging, this is just tedious and poorly thought out. I am also aware of the fact that it is completely sensible for rarer Moga to have a lower catch rate, but the rates of success are so obnoxiously low that's it's simply not worth the headache. Why bother, I can just play a damn pokemon game; at least the catch rates for rares are more reasonable for the player, and I have the option of buying more catch devices without having to shell out real money for it.

I'm not opposed to spending cash on the game. I'm opposed to spending cash to make the game stupidly easy, because the non-cash way is absurd. I wanted to say stupidly hard, but the game isn't hard, it's frustrating.

White knights like you are boring.

you can tell me to stfu up as if it makes a difference to me. this is a new release where the only update theyve had so far was to fix the glitch on the last island so it can be played. do you really think this is the way the game will just be from now on? if you knew anything about first releases of any type of game or software, youd know its never right the first time and there is always kinks to work out. they didnt have beta testing for ZI like they did for say zomg where all the kinks can be works out. hell even after zomg was officially released, there was changes constantly being made. you wanna go play pokemon, go for it! good luck finding one you can play on your phone or itouch. you dont even know all the different things that are being discussed on how to improve the game so right now, yea you are just complaining and ranting w/o bothering to find out whats being done about it. see ya
i was able to catch him with 14 ss and i also have all the legendaries you just have to come at him with A LOT of starseeds i have 179 and somehow that helped me with all of the mogas in the game

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff