Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
I realize some are meant to be harder than others, but it's ridiculous that I keep having to waste anywhere from 5 to 8 starseeds trying to catch common mogas. The catch rates are even more ridiculous for rare and up (we won't even go into how many starseeds it took me to catch Woolf and Forevalone, especially considering the fact that I had to catch them to progress the storyline). I'm completely out now thanks to this awful catch rate, and I'm not inclined to keep playing.
For Woolf, I had to kill him twice cause i kept running out of starseeds that third time, i caught him within 2 starseeds.

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Its tough, cause sometimes it takes forever and sometimes it's instantaneous. For instance, when i was trying to catch Gin, the first super rare, i killed it twice after wasting a dozen or so starseeds. Finally, when i faced it the third time, i caught it instantly. However there were moments such as when i was facing Wyrm, the first legendary, i wasted 46 starseeds before it was actually tamed. It was rather ridiculous. And to further this, it took 3 starseeds for me to catch Kirin and Orbz, two of the epic mogas, and yet it took two dozen to catch Messi, a super rare.

I understand that these are all percentages and are randomized, but they shouldn't be this bad, just sayin'. wink
It took me 29 Starseeds to catch Rumbeard sad
indy_cole

Ouch! xp

I absolutely had no problems with the catch rates so far: I was able to catch epics and legendaries in 1 or 2 ss... I only had problems with scenewolf, who stole 21 of my precious ss...but other than that, piece of cake! ninja
I agree though that commons sometimes are annoying! stressed

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
suhpounce
I understand that these are all percentages and are randomized, but they shouldn't be this bad, just sayin'. wink

This. And you know, I wouldn't even be complaining if there was a reliable way to get starseeds (meaning: not randomized (and low) drop rates, unrepeatable quests, or waiting 24 hours for the daily gift only to get coffee I don't need instead) without having to spend real money I kind of need for things like bills and insulin and groceries - you know, things I need to live. If I had a full-time job, maybe, but I don't, and I'm not likely to find one anytime soon, so yeah. My money's going to more vital things before it's going to an iWhatever game.

In short, we need an in-game currency we can use to buy starseeds. Better yet, find a way to link it to our Gaia accounts - I'd gladly spend my Gaia gold to get starseeds. Hell, even just one repeatable quest on each island (or even every other island) to get 1-3 starseeds would be good. Make it cost 50-75...whatever those bolts are called in order to do it. Then I might actually use my blue coffee refilling my charge meter in order to repeat the quests faster and get more starseeds because right now, I never use the coffee, so it just sits there uselessly.

Familiar Friend

6,825 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Taerar Licorne
suhpounce

In short, we need an in-game currency we can use to buy starseeds. Better yet, find a way to link it to our Gaia accounts - I'd gladly spend my Gaia gold to get starseeds. Hell, even just one repeatable quest on each island (or even every other island) to get 1-3 starseeds would be good. Make it cost 50-75...whatever those bolts are called in order to do it. Then I might actually use my blue coffee refilling my charge meter in order to repeat the quests faster and get more starseeds because right now, I never use the coffee, so it just sits there uselessly.

I couldn't agree more! Though i haven't used my Gaia account in ages, linking it here would be a good idea. I especially like the idea of a repeatable quest! Hopefully the developers will add in one of these features, regardless of the fact that people wouldn't spend nearly as much money on the product. Users could easily manipulate the game, without cheating, and continuously get starseeds. But, there should be an easier way other than us spending money, or having to wait 1 full day for either some starseeds or a couple blue coffees.
Some useful feedback and good ideas in this thread...

sweety_honey's Husband

heres a trick to catching them that works for me. find out what zodiacs they are weak against and use them (helps if they are stronger than the moga youre trying to catch). use their powers first on each of your mogas to drop their hp than starting chipping away their remaining hp to bring it as low as you can with attacks. the lower their hp, the better percentage to catching them. you take less damage if their zodiac is weak against yours. after you drop them to a low hp, stop attacking and just keep throwing star seeds. if your moga has low hp, switch to another one and continue throwing seeds. dont let your mogas die if you can avoid it so they can still get experience if you capture the moga and win.
Heen-san
heres a trick to catching them that works for me. find out what zodiacs they are weak against and use them (helps if they are stronger than the moga youre trying to catch). use their powers first on each of your mogas to drop their hp than starting chipping away their remaining hp to bring it as low as you can with attacks. the lower their hp, the better percentage to catching them. you take less damage if their zodiac is weak against yours. after you drop them to a low hp, stop attacking and just keep throwing star seeds. if your moga has low hp, switch to another one and continue throwing seeds. dont let your mogas die if you can avoid it so they can still get experience if you capture the moga and win.

It certainly does help to have Mogas with a strong zodiac sign versus whatever you're trying to catch. I also love the way experience is given out in the game, where it goes to every moga..not just one. I wish they had that style of gain experience in the Monster Galaxy on Facebook.

sweety_honey's Husband

Jem91
Heen-san

It certainly does help to have Mogas with a strong zodiac sign versus whatever you're trying to catch. I also love the way experience is given out in the game, where it goes to every moga..not just one. I wish they had that style of gain experience in the Monster Galaxy on Facebook.

i dont play online cause i dont like face book. all mogas get the xp if none have died in combat. the ones you dont fight with will get the lowest xp points so i make it a point to have at least all my mogas attack at least once. right now im on got two areas to complete on leo island but than i have to go back and get perfect attacks on a number of them. for some reason there is about 3-4 mogas it wont let me catch saying im not strong enough. dunno if its because its saying my mogas are weak or if its like anubis on the first island where i have to wait until another island to actually catch it. so far its only allowed me to catch two of the nine mogas on the island
indy_cole
Im having serious trouble catching that legendary dog moga on fish people island, the 2nd spot till the end.
Heen-san
Jem91
Heen-san

i dont play online cause i dont like face book. all mogas get the xp if none have died in combat. the ones you dont fight with will get the lowest xp points so i make it a point to have at least all my mogas attack at least once. right now im on got two areas to complete on leo island but than i have to go back and get perfect attacks on a number of them. for some reason there is about 3-4 mogas it wont let me catch saying im not strong enough. dunno if its because its saying my mogas are weak or if its like anubis on the first island where i have to wait until another island to actually catch it. so far its only allowed me to catch two of the nine mogas on the island

Oh ok. razz Yeah, I try not to let any of my mogas die, but I didn't think about getting every moga to attack at least once to get everyone xp. Yeah, I think the thing to get perfect in an area, you have to get a perfect hit at least once in the battle? I'm still trying to figure out the exact way to get the perfects, but getting at least one perfect hit seems like it works. Hmm... I've never gotten the "I'm not strong enough" thing, but I have gotten something like this, this moga is too wild! Try your best not to get knocked out. or something like that. After you beat the area once, it should let you catch whatever you see there. Well it has to let you catch 9 of them since I've beaten that island and I have all 9...

Friendly Poster

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ryanboyyy
indy_cole
Im having serious trouble catching that legendary dog moga on fish people island, the 2nd spot till the end.
Albion. I finally caught him!
Seriously. For not being able to buy seeds ingame, the catch rates are absolutely atrocious. No, as a matter of fact, it is not challenging nor fun to try and farm seeds off moga for a couple days when I'm not doing quests just to try and catch an uncommon or rare and use all of those seeds up with no catch. Legendaries and Epics? Forget it, I won't even bother. It really sucks the enjoyment out of the game. This is a little unbalanced; you can't just slap a low catch rate on a rare monster and not give any consideration into how the player acquires seeds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff