Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En jumped at the sound of the scream. Another attack? Had the murders begun again? He didn't want to wait to find out as he shot up into the sky, following the direction of the scream. It lasted long enough for him to find the location of the victim. Vik flew close by behind him, a frown on his face, thinking it strange that someone would be attacked. Impossible. They flew until they found a small group of butterflies. Well, not really small when they got close enough to see. En looked at Ashoka, then over his shoulder at Rubi. The third butterfly was a mystery to him. And so were the score or so babies that huddled around the green butterfly that was near to disappearing into the grass. No one looked hurt.

"Was someone screaming?" He asked, confused. None of them looked too shaken up, and they were all intact. Vik rested his arm on En's shoulder, leaning on him as he stared at Rubi. His eyes narrowed a moment before he pointed right at Rubi. "My best guess would be that you had something to do with that scream." He told Rubi, clucking his tongue. He rolled his eyes to En. "False alarm, partner."

En's eyes roamed over Ash's person the most to check for any new scars. If anyone had gotten hurt, the most likely candidate would be the crippled butterfly. "So you're okay?"

Vik groaned inwardly and pushed away from his friend, his other hand down by his side still clutching the ruby.

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

“Gizmo jumped out and scared me. You’d scream too if all of a sudden a butterfly seemed to pop out of the ground itself in front of you.” Rubi said as he shifted from side to side slightly, looking down to start smoothing his black feather’s while his silver eyes glanced up at Vik from time to time.

“Translation, I’m so happy I got to see you again.” Gizmo said with a bright smile as Rubi turned to look at the green butterfly with wide eyes.

Ashoka slowly hoped his way back to the others, setting the baby down with the rest of his brother’s as he looked away from En slightly as though he was embarrassed. “Yeah, nothing I can’t handle so you shouldn’t have bothered.”

“Translation, I’m glad you did bother because now I get to see you.”
Gizmo said with another smile as Ashoka whipped around to glare daggers at him, unseen by Gizmo himself.

“Don’t mind Gizmo here, we think he might have fallen out of a tree to many times.” Ashoka said while Rubi nodded his head slowly, keeping one eye on his friend and the other on the babies who were now starting to crowd around Vik and En.

“You know you’re really kind of cute when you’re playing with yourself.”
Gizmo suddenly said to En as Ashoka and Rubi looked at the green butterfly as though he had just lost the last piece of his mind.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En hadn't expected Ashoka to roll out the welcome wagon, but he was glad that the butterfly wasn't calling all the other pesky butterflies over to bother him. He'd just been worried because of all the murders, but if he wasn't needed...he looked at the green butterfly, and smiled crookedly. He seemed truthful enough. So, the others did want to see them? That meant he'd been right about Vik's little sweetheart. Looking at him now, he could tell how nervous and jittery the black feathered, silver eyed butterfly was. And all because of Vik. Vik had an aloof expression, but En wouldn't bother him about it further. Maybe later.

"Glad to see you're all fine. And it's nice to hear we're welcome. Should I bother you more often, Ash?" He smiled before looking down at the babies that crowded around him. Vik made a face and nudged them closer to En.

En's head shot up at Gizmo's last statement, and Vik actually laughed aloud.
Since when did he know what En did in private? And he'd taken such great lengths to hide himself.
"You like that, huh? I'll have you know I don't perform for free. Next time I catch you watching, I'll have you pay." En winked at Gizmo, Vik laughed. Then En turned his gaze on Ashoka. "For you, though, I'll make an exception."

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

Ashoka became both greatly confused and greatly embarrassed by En’s words, the butterfly trembling as his mind fought with itself over simply acting like he hadn’t heard En or calling the other butterflies to chase him from one end of the nest to the other. Ashoka made small noises like an angry cat as his feather’s started to puff out, the butterfly finally turning to stare down at the babies like they were the only things here at the moment.

Gizmo grinned at the sight of Ashoka before ruffling the blue butterflies head, causing his feather’s to stick out further. “I only watched you when I was single but I can’t be doing that anymore now that I’ve got a lovely little mate waiting for me at home with all my cute little babies. Besides,” As though he had never been there to start with Gizmo disappeared, the babies at once going crazy when they found that their mother was gone. “You would never be able to find me anyway.” Gizmo said right behind En, quickly gathering up his sons to calm them down.

“I still can’t get used to how he does that.” Ashoka said while Rubi nodded his head.

"Oh, En, Ashoka was telling me the other day how he wanted to go see the glowing flowers. Why don't you take him sometime? After all, we can't be to careful with a murderer still running around can we." Gizmo said with a grin as Ashoka squeaked in shock, Rubi turning his head to giggle at the two of them. "I'm sure that Rubi would want to see them sometime too Vik." Now it was Rubi's turn to squeak in shock at Gizmo.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En nodded. Glowing flowers? He'd seen them about a thousand and one times with various butterflies that had all practically forced him to go. Anything to keep more friends than enemies was good for him. He smiled at Gizmo before turning that smile on Ashoka. "The glowing flowers are beautiful. But we have to go at the beginning of the twilight hour. Something special happens, but I won't ruin the surprise. Top secret stuff." En ran a hand through his feathery, fire-like hair. The flowers glowed at any part of the day, and had different colorings for that reason. En had always found the twilight flowers to have the most alluring colors and shades. Beside him, Vik looked Rubi up and down, trying to see how much the black butterfly wanted to go.

Vik shrugged agreement. "It'll be a first for me, and I'm all about first times. Better not waste this one." He looked over at the squeaking babies before his eyes rested on Rubi's form. "Meet at the usual spot? My treat." Best if he brought some fruit along instead of risking Rubi knocking over another tree.

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
~~~

Ashoka

This was not a date. No matter how many times Ashoka told himself this some part of the back of his mind told it that it had all the signs of being a date with En. Gizmo wouldn’t let him and Rubi leave his home until their feathers were glossy and they were looking their best, no matter how embarrassed Rubi was or how angry Ashoka looked. Gizmo wished them luck and sent them on their way, Rubi and Ashoka heading to different spots though Ashoka was half hiding up on a hill that over looked the flowers, watching different couples wonder around the maze like area. Ashoka puffed himself up as he pulled at the grass in front of him, his mind battling itself at the moment. It couldn’t be a date because En was… Well, En. And he was a one armed bug. Of course there was that part of Ashoka that couldn’t help but feel somewhat smug that if this did turn out to be a date that En – well really Gizmo – had picked him over all the others who had thrown themselves at En. The nagging part of his brain kept reminding him that Gizmo had been the one to set this up in the first place that that En had most likely not wanted to hurt the green butterfly or something like that.

“Besides, it isn’t even like he’s going to show up at all. I don’t know why I even bothered coming out here in the first place.” Ashoka said out as he kept picking at the grass, his mind telling him to leave but there was just that one bit of hope that held his body down.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

"Ouch. And here I got all clean and neat for you." En said from behind Ashoka as he looked down at the sitting butterfly. Vik had advised against it the whole time when they'd both been getting ready for Ashoka and Rubi En didn't understand why Vik was so against him going when the birdman was taking someone himself. He smirked at the thought and shook his head before he focused his gaze on Ashoka. His eyes roamed over the butterfly's body. He looked...glowing. Like his feathers sparkled in the moonlight. En's smile widened as he took his place beside the male. "You look good. Excited?" He asked as he sat down, stretching his legs out next to Ashoka.

"Here, I got this for you. Can't let the flowers outshine you tonight." En held up a cresent-moonflower and wove the stem in Ashoka's feathers so the flower would stay. "It thrives in the darkness, glows brighter than the glowing flowers even, depending on the wearer's mood." A small smile stayed on En's lips as he fastened the flower on his little date.

Leaning closer, En whispered to Ash. "Let's wait for the other couples to get further into the cave before we go. That'll give us more privacy."

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

Ashoka nearly had a panic attack when a voice sounded behind him, his eyes narrowing at the sight of En. He was quick to look away from En when the moth took a seat next to him, refusing to show how happy he really was for having the other show up at all. “Of course not, why would I be happy to see you?” Some words he had always thrown at En but tonight they didn’t seem to hold as much bite to them, they almost seemed softer as though Ashoka was trying not to send En away this time. The flower took him off guard for a moment, the fact that En’s hands were touching his chest sent his heart rate sky high made it worse but Ashoka blinked his large red eyes down at the purple flower after it was woven into his feathers. “It’s stupid.” Ashoka quickly said and looked away but he missed how brightly the flower was already starting to glow showing his true feelings.

En’s little whispered words was like lightening had stuck Ashoka, his feather’s puffing out almost as soon as En had said them as Ashoka turned his head sharply to look up at the red moth. Without a word Ashoka turned and started to watch the other couples walking around before he finally got up the nerve to ask, “Why did you agree to do this? I know that Gizmo asked you too but you didn’t really have to say yes you know.” The flower dimmed slightly to show Ashoka’s fear of the answer.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En smiled and looked down at his lap a moment as his gift was quickly shot down. Glancing to the side, he saw how bright the flower glowed. His smile widened but he soon smothered it and nodded in agreement with Ashoka. "Yeah, pretty stupid..." But he wasn't feeling rejected at all. Ashoka had changed. His pride and stubborness were still there, but he didn't seem as genuine with his stinging words as he had the first few times they'd encountered one another. "But it looks good." En sighed softly, though he smiled. He couldn't stop the quirking up of his lips. Ashoka was actually...cute when he was trying to deny his true feelings. Of course Ashoka was happy. Who wouldn't be? The flower viewing was beautiful. Anyone would be happy to see them and make a night of it.

En's head snapped up at the almost insulting question. Was Ashoka really questioning his actions? "What, you think I have an ulterior motive? That I want to mess with the poor, one-armed butterfly?" He shook his head. "Do I really seem that shallow?" He had to laugh in disbelief at that.

"We waste time by questioning everything good in our lives instead of enjoying it." He stood, flattened the few feathers on his back, and held out his hand to Ashoka. "I'm here because I wanted to spend a nice night with someone I find highly enjoyable to banter with, even if he sees me as a nuisance."

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

“You aren’t a nuisance, you just annoy me sometimes.” Ashoka said as he reached up to take En’s hand but he hesitated to take it for a few seconds. It was clear by the look on Ashoka face that this wasn’t easy for him to do before he finally wrapped his fingers around En’s, softly as though waiting for En to suddenly yank his hand away in disgust. When En didn’t Ashoka tightened his hand further around En and started to flutter forward rather than just crawl up and hold onto En. His pride wouldn’t let him show such weakness to En, although he wasn’t sure if showing his weak flying skills was any better. “I’ve never really thought of you as shallow now that I think about it. You seem more like the type who knows he’s good looking but doesn’t try to use those looks, they just work against you.” Ashoka said while trying to hold back the panting in his voice as his wings became tried from the work out there were getting but Ashoka had yet to sink down to crawling along the ground.

“I think I have a right to question as to why one of the most sought after mates in the nest is now walking beside me at night. I’m not what you would really call a prime date after all.” Ashoka’s voice was becoming softer now as though he was trying to keep other’s from hearing about how he talked about himself, even though there wasn’t anyone else around.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

"I'm glad you don't find my presence too distasteful. I'm flattered." En commented, looking to the side at Ashoka a moment before he led his little date along. He walked, rather than fluttered along, finding it easier to do while Ashoka obviously struggled. Unlike the Mariposa, En's kind had feet of some sort. There were no toes, just appendages that made flight easier for them since he was a speedy flyer. He liked to go at a running start, though he wasn't as agile or skilled at it as Vik, who was made for flight. En, like Ashoka, was made for quick trips, quick bursts of fluttering with a few long moments of pure gliding. Now he walked for Ashoka, keeping his pace slow but steady. He smiled when he realized that Ashoka had just complimented him, if only in a backhanded way.

"You think I'm good looking?" Sure he knew that he had an appealing form; time and time again he was told by the other Mariposas. But to hear it from Ashoka. It meant more since he knew Ashoka wasn't pining after him like the others. That made Ashoka's presence more enjoyable for him. He didn't have to keep up his guard and feel uncomfortable. Ashoka wasn't a threat in that way.

Finally, En turned to Ashoka and wrapped an arm around the butterfly and lifted him into his arms, against his chest, allowing him to cling to him if he wished. He thought the butterfly would like a reprieve from flying. He could feel Ash's heart beating under the glowing flower. Their faces were close as he smiled wryly. He'd stopped in the middle of many of the newly blooming flowers. "And what, exactly, makes a prime date?" He asked, giving him an arched look. "A stunningly gorgeous butterfly with perfect balance, who only sees the features I can pass down to our offspring?" En let his fingers glide over the stem of the flower. "Or an irritatingly stubborn butterfly with off-kilter movements, who sees me for what I really am? A not so perfect guy that can be annoying sometimes. And who gives stupid presents." His smile turned soft, a bit teasing, as he looked into Ashoka's red eyes.

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

“Why is good looking the only thing you just heard me say?” Ashoka said but there was a small smile on his face now, his words bubbling slightly with laughter. That died the moment En picked him up and pressed him close to his chest, Ashoka stiffing in the moth’s hold as his head snapped up to look at him before quickly looking down. His hand moved to grab onto En’s shoulder while his legs pressed to En’s side, not to tight really. Ashoka’s wings twitched from time to time as though his mind still had thoughts about breaking away from the moth’s hold but some part of him, some deep little part way down in him; found that he liked the feeling of being held so close to someone else. The smell of all the flowers clouded Ashoka’s mind, made him almost giddy and relaxed at the same time and he held the sudden urge to flutter above them and smell them all. Ashoka lowered his head slight as his antennas twitched, brushing up along En’s face.

“We aren’t all like that En.” Ashoka said softly, saying En’s name for the first time. “Some of us just want someone who is kind, someone who can be there. We don’t think about what our children would look like together or even about children at all. A person to hold us at night or during the rains, to make us smile and laugh or listen to us when we want to talk about pointless little things.” Ashoka’s voice was softer now as he stared off at the flowers, his eyes filled with sorrow, longing and pain that seemed to scream out who it was that really wanted these things.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En knew many who only cared about mating and children. The Mariposas who were able to successfully corner him often told him, as if to convince him of their worth, what good mothers they would be, and how their coloring mixed together would produce such beauty, even the world around them would weep with joy. One of them had told him that verbatim. He made certain to avoid him at all costs if he could help it. En chuckled and pushed away Ashoka's antennaes as they brushed against his face. He continued to carry Ashoka through the maze of glowing flowers. The light and colors grew brighter and more vibrant the further they went. "Well, I've made you smile, and I think I heard something suspicious like a laugh come from you." Already he had completed two off of that checklist of desires he knew belonged to Ashoka. The little butterfly wore his heart on his sleeve.

Pointless little things? "Nice day, wasn't it? Good eatin' too? Remember not to eat the moldy fruit..." En coughed out a laugh before he stopped again as they happened upon the vine of flowers that made a rainbow with their pattern and ordering along the maze walls. "You can be sure that if it rains or a night's particularly cold, I"ll be there." En waited a moment before pointing at the flowers. It was that perfect twilight hour and the flowers began to flicker like flames. They dimmed and grew brighter, flashing on and off as if performing for an audience. It was like a dance, all the colors and lights flashing in tune to an unheard song.

"Many others miss out on this. I stumbled upon the flowers doing this one night when I was running away from my admirers. Thank you for that, by the way." En licked his lips as he gazed up and around at all the glowing flowers. "Have you ever seen something so beautiful?"

IzayasFun's Senpai

Beloved Sex Symbol

12,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ashoka

Oh, it was becoming harder for Ashoka to keep his guard up around En as the moth kept talking. Ashoka lowered his head slightly as the smile returned to his face, his arm slowly moving around En’s neck to hold himself closer to the other as they moved deeper into the flowers. The smell of En was mixing with the flowers now, the warmth of En’s body seemed to close around him and drive away all of Ashoka’s doubts and fears. “I believe you.” Ashoka said softly, truly starting to believe the words that En told him. He wanted to believe that at night En would be there, that during the rains he would hold Ashoka until they went away. So he did and for the first time in Ashoka’s life he felt at ease and relaxed with someone else, trusting them with his open heart.

Ashoka turned his head when En stopped walking, his eyes widening with a soft gasp as he watched the flowers flicker until he looked up at the sky. The sky was fading into purples and reds, the darkness of the night slowly pushing forward with just the faintest of stars starting to show but the twin green and blue moons Das and Dos had already appeared within the sky above then. Looking down at the flowers around them Ashoka felt something building inside of him, some unnamed feeling that he had never felt before as he turned to look up at En with wide red eyes that showed the flickering lights of the flowers in them. Reaching down Ashoka softly touched the flower that En gave him as he looked down at it, the flower almost as bright as the twin moons now. “Yes, I have really.” Ashoka said as his fingers slowly traced along one of the petals while Ashoka looked up once more, his face soft and relaxed as he smiled at En.

Ice-Cold Hunter

En

En turned in a slow circle so that they could both see all of the flowers, all the different patterns the flickering seemed to make. "Each time they'd done this, I've been at my happiest. I don't think the flowers are random. They're living and breathing like us. I'm sure they can sense emotions just like how they sense the day and the night." En nodded as he stopped turning, feeling a little dizzy from the intensity of that night. He smiled weakly, eyes twinkling in the light around them. His already red body and fiery coloring brightened to make him look like a huge flame. En looked down at Ash and smiled.

And the flowers just stopped flashing suddenly. En jerked up his head to look around. Branches and other vegetation snapped around them until two bodies came crashing through the leafy, viney walls in a heap.

"Okay, so, next time we know not to do that, yeah?" Vik's voice was strained as he grunted and stood, leaves and sticks and feathers falling from his body. He turned to look at En and Ashoka, smiling mischieviously. "Sorry, did we interrupt something? Took a little tumble ourselves." Though he didn't look happy about it. En could only imagine what the klutzy Rubi had done to have them crashing through the maze so roughly. Vik finally helped up Rubi and sighed.

"Let's keep from sitting on tree branches for a while."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces