Welcome to Gaia! ::

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
Zeal Orrain - Knight of No Age

'...And though I've walked this road before, seen the land, it's people melt away...'

Zeal only grinned as Xander commented on his opinion. There wasn't a point in responding. Zeal could tell that saying anything would only rile Xander up and force Zeal to make a mess of the nice temple and send Xander crying home to his mommy. Victoria had returned and Xander seemed ecstatic, so much so that he called her Vikkie. So they were very close. "So are you two married or?..." A voice unlike Zeal's exited his mouth. It was similar but different. Zeal covered by coughing and pretending he had a bit of phlegm in his throat. Ivory seemed perceptive enough that she may have noticed the shock in Zeal's eyes as he spoke. Several of the priestesses seemed to be looking at Zeal now for one reason or another, causing him to shrink back in his chair. He didn't need that secret coming out just yet.

'We will walk this road forever, till kingdoms break, our life eternal...'

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
Ivory was the first to respond. Her eyes stared into Zeals. She knew something was not right. "That is quite the cough you have there... Must be some sort of virus. If you'd like I have a tea that can keep such things from becoming to vocal." Her tone was business like, and distant. She wanted to know more about what was going on, but it would have to wait until the current situation was addressed.

Vikkie's eyes nearly popped out of her head as Zeal spoke. Her gaze snapped to him and her face reddened with embarrassment. She hadn't realized her and Xander came off that way. It was wrong on many levels. "N-no!" Vikkie exclaimed shaking her head wildly. She was trying to figure out what she could say to explain things. Xander on the other hand seemed less amused by the question.

"We're not, but what business is that of yours Butcher? It's an awfully personal question to ask strangers." Men didn't often ask such meaningless questions unless they had a reason to. Why would he want to know if they were married? Did he find little Vikkie attractive? Xanders fist tightened. He'd have to keep an eye on the newcomer.

"He's my brother." Vikkie blurted quickly, not liking how Xander was reacting to the seemingly innocent question.

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

'...And though I've walked this road before, seen the land, it's people melt away...'

So they were siblings. Well that made just as much sense, if not more so given Xander's comment about 'What Mother would think'. Ivory's comment caused Zeal to flinch slightly. He had the feeling that she'd know he was lying. "I've just neen traveling a while, I'll be fine." Zeal's eyes were cast down to the table. He couldn't look Ivory in the eyes. There was something about her eyes that pierced through to the inner depths of his souls. Now that was a place that even Angels fear to tread. A voice echoed in Zeal's ear, the one that had spoken before. It found Victoria's reaction hilarious. "It was a question Sir." Zeal emphasised the 'sir' and added a condescending tone to it. "I don't see a resemblance between you two, I was curious." Zeal turned to Victoria, his back had been to the siblings the entire time. "No offense was intended." It wasn't the first time Zeal had covered for an annoying, unwanted presence.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
Ivory's eyes narrowed at Zeal looked away. "I see..." She whispered before resuming her dinner. Perhaps it was the ominous feeling in the air that made her so suspicious of the wandering warrior. A few members of the shrine had finished and began clearing their own plates. It seemed the presence of an irritated Xander made them uncomfortable.

"Sir?" The title did not suit Xander. He was not Zeals elder, nor was he some sort of Lord. The mocking tone did nothing to ease Xanders already growing frustration. He was about to say something else when Vikkie touched his arm gently. Her hand was glowing, was she really trying to calm him in her already weakened state? The elder brother growled softly and gently shook Vikkie's hand off him. "I'm fine... Now eat before you pass out..."

Vikkie seemed a little relieved to have Xander calm once more. Her gaze moved to Zeal. Her honey orbs examined him for a moment. He really was something else. The very air around him wasn't quite right. Slowly Vikkie moved to her seat. "None of my siblings look alike aside from the twins..." She paused for a moment and thought about how to word her next statement. "In case you become curious again I'm not romantically involved with anyone... I take my oath of purity very seriously." Her tone was straight forward and to the point. It was likely that Zeal asked for another reason but didn't want to say it, and Vikkie was not naive to the needs of men. She figured if she threw it out there he'd understand her position better.

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Zeal couldn't turn bsck to Ivory just yet. She made his soul squirm, like she could see inside him and find out what he really was. "Oh." It was a simple response to Victoria's comment on no siblings looking alike. Zeal wouldn't know anything about that as he was an only child, his Father had died before he was born and His mother had been killed in a bandit raid. Zeal had no siblings that he knew of, although he recalled his mother saying that he looked just like his Father, Ren. With Zeal turned around facing the siblings, his tattoo should have been in plain view of Ivory. Did she not recognize the crest? "Well, it's good see someone devoted to their work." Zeal turned back around to the table, still avoiding eye contact with Ivory. Zeal felt a lump form in his throat, his pulse began to quicken. The other one was pushing, wanting desperately to be let out. But why? Nausea swept over Zeal and gis vision blurred for a moment. On the outside though he remained calm and collected. He couldn't risk anyone becoming overly suspicious of him.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
"Our Victoria is a rarity Orrain." Ivory murmured while eating her supper. Indeed she knew whom he was, and who his father was. Although there was no way she could call him on it without proof. After all his father had been a Knight, one of the best there'd ever been. Her eyes flickered to him for a moment. "People often claim to be pure, and fight for the good cause of the people, but it's rare to find one as dedicated as she."

Vikkie blushed and poked at her food as Ivory praised her. "Now look what you've done, her held will grow to the size of a mellon if you continue to pile on your compliments Ivory." Xander teased while easing into a chair beside the younger Priestess.

"I was given this task by a higher power... After my awakening I will be able to make a difference in this war..." Vikkie whispered before eating a few bites of her supper. She wasn't overly hungry but knew Xander would grill into her if she didn't start eating more.

"Hurry and eat... There's something on the horizon, I need you to be well enough to help." It was unclear whom Ivory was talking to but even Xander fell silent and continued his dinner.

((If you want we can skip to bed time or have everyone excuse themselves in the next few posts and move to bed from there - whatever works for you is good by me))

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

((Several hours later))

Zeal lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling, counting the knots in the wood. He couldn't sleep at all. Dinner had been rather quiet, only a bit of light conversation between the.others and glares shot between Xander and Zeal. Ivory and Victoria had been pleasant enough, Zeal might come back and visit sometime later. He chuckled softly to.himself, who was he kidding? It was obvious that Ivory had doubts about him and Victoria just wanted him gone. Then there was Xander who deserved a solid punch in the jaw. Zeal rolled on his side and looked at his sword. They were coming, the Unholy were on their way. Once again Zeal was going to have to a cut a path out of those monsters. Fine enough, besides the bear it'd been a while since he'd fought anything satisfying.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
PRIESTESS IVORY

█▌steelblue
...I see in the dark...

The head Priestess sat up slowly. There was something coming, much quicker than she'd anticipated. Carefully Ivory moved from her bed to the window. The village was still, it seemed the horde had not arrived just yet. Ivory pulled her robe from over her slender form. A gruff moan came from another bed within the room. "Ivory?" Xander called into the darkness. The Priestess sighed and gazed over her shoulder at her long time friend. "Xander... Get dressed and grab your armer. Something is coming." Ivory moved to the door, she needed to get everyone awake as soon as she could. Before the door could open Xanders hand was there closing it again. Ivory could feel his breath on her neck. "Xander... Don't make this harder." His hand moved slowly and he stood to the side. Both knew what this night meant. Ivory did something unexpected, she turned and kissed Xander, briefly but passionately. Without warning she pushed him away from her and back into the room. "Keep yourself safe." She whispered before running down the hallways to Zeals room. The Priestess felt a flurry of emotions surface, ones she'd fought hard to keep at bay. She knocked gently, having a feeling he was still awake.

...And see through your soul...

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Zeal sat up as he heard a knock at his door. "I'm up." He swung his legs from the bed and gathered his armor, putting it on before grabbing his sword. It worked out perfectly, a little exercise would let him sleep like a baby. Zeal pulled his thick, leather gloves on and stretched his fingers. Zeal turned and opened the door, seeing Ivory on the other side. If it had been Victoria on the other side Zeal would have assumed that she was checking on h before bed. But he knew Ivory could sense what he sensed. "You go keep everyone safe. I'll hit them head on, break the tip of the spear." Zeal chuckled and smirked. His planned seemed suicidal on his part, but there was something in his eyes that told Ivory that he would survive.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
PRIESTESS IVORY

█▌steelblue
...I see in the dark...

Ivorys eyes gazed upwards to Zeals. She knew he'd come back, but still she was worried. She'd seen this night for months, and in many of her visions everyone perished - including herself. Her eyes closed and she shook her head. "The horde is the least of our worries." Ivory whispered sadly. There was a traitor in their midst, someone who would turn the tides unless they were found. "Zeal... I know more about you than either of us would care to admit, and regardless of your demons we both know you're a good man." Her hand gently touched his cheek and she smiled, a rare all knowing smile. "You will do great things given the chance... I can not tell you what to do because your path is not yet set in stone, but I ask that you help us with all your heart." Ivory pulled from the ready warrior. "I hope in the weeks to come you find peace... Good luck Zeal Orrain, son of Ren." Indeed Ivory knew much more than any her age. She turned, unable to ask him to stay and protect those who needed it. Her next stop was Vikkie. The poor thing had passed out after dinner, Xander had been the one to tuck her in. Ivory's pace quickened as darkness seemed to creep on the shrine. A distant cry came from the village and the scent of smoke wafted in through the open windows. The horde had finally arrived.

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Zeal's emerald eyes widened as Ivory spoke and touched his cheek. His cheeks flushed slightly but it would have been invisible in the dark. He turned slightly, closing his eyes. "That name is meaning to me." Zeal hated his Father, hated his legacy. "I'll save everyone I can." Zeal began walking away and he propped his strange, pale blade on his shoulder. "Keep yourself safe." With that Zeal left the shrine and made his way down into the smokey, burning village.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
PRIESTESS IVORY

█▌steelblue
...I see in the dark...

Ivory let herself into Vikkie's room, she was not surprised to see Xander already there. The two looked at the sleeping young woman. "She's not ready for this..." Ivory sighed softly. "She has to be... I can't take her any farther down this path." The elder Priestess moved to sit next to Vikkie. She leaned forward and kissed the crown of Vikkie's head. Vikkie whimpered softly but did not move. "Let her rest until the time comes that she's needed. She's not good to anyone with her being drained..." Ivory stood slowly and gave Xanders hand a squeeze before she left. "I'll see you soon." And with that she slipped out of the door.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
SHADOW SPIRIT

A presence slipped ahead of the horde and ventured towards the shrine. It was careful to avoid detection. Luckily it had a way into the holy place. A drone had been sent to the shrine earlier in the month masking as an orphaned child. The small girl opened one of the windows and allowed the demon in. With a toothy grin the shadow moved through the room and to the first bed. A young woman lay in her bed, tossing and turning, whimpering about the coming doom. As she shot forward from her mattress she was greeted with a long sword through her belly and a hand to her mouth. A small chuckle filled the room as the beast moved through the shadows to the next bed, and then the next, slaughtering the shrine one member at a time.

Parispostal's Husbando

Tipsy Knight

8,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Zeal was at the main door of the shrine before something stopped him. There was a scent. The scent of darkness, and blood. There was something in the shrine. A preemptive strike against the village's best defenders. The Unholy certainly were crafty bastards. Zeal turned and ran to a room near the back of the shrine. He could smell the filthy creature. Zeal crashed through a thin, wooden door to confront the beast. He heard several of the shine's keepers awaken from the noise, they screamed at the sight of Zeal but then realized that he was their savior. The ebony haired warrior circled the beast, holding his massive pale sword in one hand, ready to strike.

Fashionable Streaker

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Streaker 200
SHADOW SPIRIT

The dark presence laughed as a warrior forced his way into the room. A pleasured hiss filled the air as he slaughtered his latest victim before addressing the pest. It's form rose before quickly falling to the ground. A pile of black ooze lay on the floor, slipping between the cracks in the boards. The spirit was not going to challenge someone who could end him easily. No - the shadow was going to kill as many as he could before death claimed him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff