<< < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 61 62 >

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser ImageJack Archer
A man with a why to live....

Raphael Black practically shivered with the sheer amount of rage that shot through him like lightning. Is this pup talking down to me? Does he have any idea of the trouble he is causing letting loose a howl like that in broad daylight in the middle of a human city? Does he have an inkling of the work it takes to keep a pack in control and maintain relations with the people in charge here? Does he have any idea what I will pay for is ignorance!? But he contained himself, he did not lash out. He tried very hard to follow his brother's advice. Diplomacy first.

"Alone!?" Raphael snarled, "Sounded like a challenge to me, and I cannot allow you to release such an other worldly noise in my territory without repercussions. I know not where you've come from but this is our city, and we have laws in place for a reason, I had merely been coming to greet you and inform you and I am met with this!? Who the hell do you think you are! Answer me!"

Diplomacy. Check.

((I do apologize for not writing sooner, this is months late, but sometimes life just sort of kicksyou in the face like that.))

...Rarely struggles to find a how.
Raphael Black

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ J E F F ]

User Image
Jeff kept a blank expression the whole time he was being led through to the alleyway and even when the vampire had him pinned against the wall. He looked at her with pursed lips and contemplated what would happen if he just completely refused every one of her requests. At this point, he felt a little dizzy because of the huge cut on the back of his head from when Ethan slammed him against the wall. Oh, and the extreme pain in his spine from it. Bleed to death or persuade this vampire to let him go..."Look, I don't have any business with you, so if you could just let me go, I'll go on my way and deal with Ethan myself."

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser Image
Holly Archer&Penelope Rosemont

Archer hadn't broken a sweat, she had the physique of a world class runner and had spent her early years training not just her abilities but her body. She stopped reluctantly and finally released Mike's hand self consciously. She felt her throat tighten up, he had asked, he had asked and she knew she couldn't lie now. It was beyond normal. Too far beyond strange to come back now, she could only hope he could accept her, though maybe it would be better for him to keep running and not look back.

"I'm sorry Mike, I'm so sorry, I thought they would think I was dead, I thought I got away, but with Mother here its...they're..." She whipped her head to the side and cast about with her sixth sense, trying to figure out where her mother would come from, because she was coming. "I'm sorry I don't remember what I said before. My parents are very powerful people, and they tried to make me...marry someone, so they wouldn't have to fight this other family, but my cousin helped me fake my death which was what this guy i was supposed to be with wanted anyway I guess and now there's a war and my mother knows and now she's here and i don't know what she wants but there's no way she'll stop I don't know what to do I can't go back Mike! I can't go back there! Please don't abandon me!"

She was crying openly but the knot in her throat was gone and somehow she felt her spirits lift, it would be okay somehow. Even if he left her there on the street she had revealed herself and that's what she needed most.

Penny sighed. There was no way she could let this man walk away. He was a potential threat to her family who didn't even have the mansion as protection right now. She would protect them, by dealing with this man. "No can do. I can't let you go because you might try to kill me or my friends. But I don't really need to kill you either."Though he smells very good right now "Where do you stay? I can take you there until one of the others contact me. Or we could go to a hotel if you'd prefer neutral territory." She recalled the card she had received, loaded with cash that she still didn't quite understand the source of. The mansion simply restocked itself somehow.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
x
[ M I K E ]

User Image
Mike slowly straightened as Holly explained the whole situation and slowly but surely, his mind turned to pus. It was bad enough when her friend told him vampires existed and now there's a crazy lady chasing her and some war and..."Hang on!" He put his hands in front of him to stop her and took more deep breaths. "I'm just...trying to...wrap my head around this..." With a misty, winter sigh, the blond looked at Holly, straight in the eyes, and spoke quietly, "Look, I'm not...going to understand any of this, any time soon. It's all really...insane, but..." He looked to the side for a moment, as if struggling to make a decision, "I won't leave, okay?"

My ink
Upstairs Loft

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ J E F F ]

User Image
Jeff sighed, "I just. Want. Ethan. No one else matters to me. Besides, you just said a bunch of people have tried to kill so he's definitely not good news. I'll be doing you a favor." Realizing his persuading was not going to work, he checked either end of the alley for any help but gave up soon after. "I don't know, nor do I care. Why don't we go to a hotel and I can explain to them how you guys assaulted me?"

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser Image

Archer relaxed her tense shoulders and flung her arms around Mike's tall slender frame with a reckless abandon she had never had in her entire short life. She sank her newly tear stained face to his wonderful smelling chest. He smelled so good. "No more secrets, I'll explain everything. I promise. I won't let her do anything to us. I promise." A promise from Archer echoed with power, and bound her to her words, she would not fail here, no matter what Clarice tried.

Speak of the Devil and the Devil shall appear, Clarice Archer stepped through a small alley way, dusting her long skirt off as if unused to the setting of a common street. Which she was. Archer released Mike and immediately took a wide defensive stance with her hands up, palms out, a crimson aura flickered about her fingertips. Clarice made no such motion, but a soft golden light floated about her own hands. Neither moved for several seconds, then the air between them seemed to pulse, the snow on the ground in a radius about them lifted and flew back, but nothing else appeared to happen. Clarice seemed bemused, Archer remained emotionless but dropped her hands to her side. She remained determinedly in front of Mike.

"Mother. Why are you here?" Somehow they seemed to have reached an understanding in the metaphysical exchange. Clarice smiled, though it did not reach her eyes, Holly understood that it meant there was unpleasant news.

"My dear daughter. First I simply wanted to see for myself that you were in fact alive and well."

"I'm sure you already 'saw' that much. Do you know what's happened to Jack as well?"

"No...I don't. He has always been able to avoid my sight, though now he has vanished completely. I sense he is not dead, yet changed."

"The Lacrosse family sent werewolves after him. how fares the war?"

"As wars do. It is more problematic than in the old days. But humans of this day and age have an amazing capacity to rationalize that which they cannot directly explain."

And they spoke the language of (legit non Raph-brand) Diplomacy for a time.

"So why have you come here? Truly."

"Honestly, I wanted to see you, you are my child after all. But you are correct. I came here to warn you. Your father has become aware of your...liveliness, please don't glare, you know how he can be. He is sending an assassin."

"I understand. But I could easily deal with any creature or mage he sent after me. Why did you feel the need to warn me?"

"Because this assassin is your little sister."

Instinctively Archer lashed out and slapped her own mother across the face. Clarice did not retaliate. Archer composed herself though she still felt as though she had been punched in the gut. She whispered.

"I have a little sister?"

"Yes. She was raised like you, though because of your own unique talents you were held up in the spotlight if you will. Her powers are far different, where as you have the only neutral affinity in centuries, she has the only affinity of her own type. True Darkness is not something that occurs...naturally. Corbin was insistent on the rituals before her conception and birth..."

Archer appeared not to hear anything her mother was explaining now. She stared down at the sidewalk her cool brown eyes unfocused and dazed. "What's her name...? her whisper cut through Clarice's explanations.

"Moly. Her name is Moly."

"And she's going to try to kill me? Archer seemed to come out of her trance to an extent.

"Yes."

"And you don't want me to kill her. Not that I could. I understand, Mother. I'll do my best to save her from the Hell our wretched family has created for her life."

Clarice spoke no more. She smiled as her eyes teared up. Holly, I am so so proud of you... the words seemed to hang in the air as she turned and walked away. Archer felt completely too unsteady on her feet. Possibly as much as poor Mike with all the paradigm shifts to his usually stable world view. She rocked back o her heels a little and bumped into him. She allowed herself to rest in the position for a moment and close her eyes. Was there ever going to be peace?

Penny meanwhile dragged Jeff to a nice hotel. Better than some, but it was no Embassy. She got a room for several days, since she had no idea how long she would be locked out of the Mansion and no idea where the others had gone off to. Hopefully they were doing something plot relevant that made sense to the readers. She tugged Jeff up to their room as inconspicuously as possible and pushed him at one of the beds. She flopped down on the other, not bothering to remove the chains from the man's wrists. She felt wiped out, and wanted blood, but somehow Jeff seemed...unappealing. She had spent so long at the mansion trying to learn how to use the sigils and glyphs as Archer had taught her but now she felt exhausted, and somehow only Archer's blood seemed good enough. She shook it off and forced herself up and stared at Jeff with an out of place scowl, she had been so light hearted before, but a shadow had fallen over her face.

"What about you, huh? What do you want to kill Ethan for. If its good enough maybe I'll help you next time." The very edges of her emerald eyes were tinged with an unusually bright ruby shade, almost glowing at those crimson edges with a thirst for something. A thirst for power perhaps.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ M I K E ]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[ J E F F ]

User ImageUser Image
Mike took a step back when Holly suddenly hugged him and he froze for a second before putting his arms around her, nodding a bit. When the woman from the cafe stepped out of the alley, he tensed up and wanted to stand between the two women but Holly beat him to it. Certainly in this situation, it would probably be better for her to to be in the front, what with her glowing hands and powers.

As the two talked to each other, the tattoo artist stood there completely dazed and overwhelmed by just the conversation, let alone the snow flying everywhere and supernatural auras. He tried his best to piece together all the information but the only thing he could think about was the fact that there was an assassin coming after Holly. An assassin? It sounded so...fictional. He didn't have time to ponder it anymore before a loud, clear slap rang out and he stared, mouth a little open in surprise, at the two. Were they going to fight? Should he hide behind that pathetic looking trash can on the corner? A few moments passed and nothing happened, but he was certainly ready to dodge to the side the instant anything fiery flew towards him.

Finally it was over and once Holly's mother had disappeared, Mike let out a small sigh and relaxed his shoulders somewhat. He hadn't realized how tense he was and thus resulted in his sore neck and back. A war...I feel like I got caught in a Tolkien book or something... Looking over Holly once, he tried to imagine what her supposed little sister assassin would look like, complete with demonic eyes and every intention of murdering them. His shoulders gave a visible shudder at the image. "H-hey, maybe we shou-" Holly cut him off mid-sentence by falling against him and he instinctively put his arms around her again, in case she fell on the ground completely. What could he say at this point? Something thoughtful, sensitive, to help make her feel better..."Do you wanna go buy a soap?" What. The. ********.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jeff staggered behind the vampire, appearing rather drunk, and was about to just sit down on the bed when he was shoved. Instead of the nice, soft, relaxing mattress he expected, he landed face first, which caused his head to tilt back, in turn causing his neck and back to hurt again. "Ughn................" The sheets muffled his loud groan of pain...kind of...and creaked under him as he rolled onto his back, naturally hurting him more. Why he thought it would be a good idea, it would be impossible to know. With his hands chained behind him, he struggled to roll again, looking a little like a fish out of water, and after a minute, just gave up. He settled with his pain with a heavy sigh and stared up at the ceiling, bleeding slightly onto the bed. "He killed my father. I just want revenge, but the thought of you helping me? Ha." Jeff chuckled very quietly with a half-smirk and glanced over at her, "I thought you said he turned over a supposedly new leaf. Perhaps you've taken a fancy to me now that you've gotten to know me better in the last five minutes?"

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser Image

Archer sighed a little and simply nodded. She was still trying to take in that she had a sister. And she was raised in secret, probably didn't even know she had a sister. And now she was going to try to kill her own family. She shuddered to think about what her childhood had been like. At least Holly had been able to escape once she was sent out with the vampire hunters. It was certainly lucrative for her family, they paid well for her services. Still, it struck her what a ******** up life they had lead on account of old traditions trying to fit into a new society. It had to stop, and she intended to be the last of her kind, those trained to sacrifice everything for the benefit of "The Family". She had to stand on her own two feet, pursue what was right for herself...she glanced over at Mike. Pursue what was right for her...

Penelope Rosemont shook her head, the ruby glow edged back to a faintly shimmering ring about her flashing green eyes. "Never mind that, forget I said anything, I just want the violence to stop. We don't go around preying on people in this town, we'd have to move on to a new place if we did stupid things like that. And he killed your father? What are you Inigo Montoya?" She smirked cruelly, quite unlike herself again, the red misted over her eyes again, more than before, "What an idiotic sentiment, did your father even mean anything to you? Did he teach you how to make the best drink in your bar? I can smell it on you now, that's all you are isn't it? Some hapless bar man, in over your head, you find out about the terror in the dark and you want to snuff it out? Is that it? Are you afraid little mortal?"

Penny's voice had grown sultry and soft as she strode over with cat like strides, she bent over the man her hands on the mattress next to his head, she straddled him. He was clearly in pain. She smiled with her eyes half lidded, she licked her lips, and intentionally cut the tip of her tongue on her now elongated fangs. The blood wet her mouth and she leaned in to lick his face, to bloody it and whet her appetite. Inches away she jerked herself off and stumbled to the wall, a hand to her head and her eyes squeezed tight.

"What do you want? Just to kill Ethan? A life for a life?" She couldn't recall what she had just been doing, what she had just been saying.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
[ M I K E ]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[ J E F F ]

User ImageUser Image
Mike gave a small, supportive smile as he took her hand and walked with her down a few blocks to an Asda store. As they entered, he thought about grabbing a cart, not knowing how many things they would be getting, but since Holly didn't seem like she would let go of his hand any time soon, he grabbed a basket. It was fine though; he didn't mind holding her hand too. "So I figured since you're gonna be staying with me for a bit, maybe you wanted to get some things that weren't so...used? And smelling like guy?"

Yeah, this would help take their minds off the chaos, hopefully, but walking among all the people also made Mike wonder if there was anyone else who was like Holly or Liz. What about his employees and friends? Have they been vampires all along? He started going through a list of all the people he knew, thinking of all the weird or suspicious things they'd done, and getting rather paranoid. They passed by the shampoo and body wash section without so much as a glance from him and he continued along his merry way until he was finally snapped out of his trance by walking straight into a bin of discounted DVD's. Mike looked around him at all the people staring and cleared his throat in embarrassment as he adjusted his jacket and the bin itself. "What a, uh...dangerous place to put this..." Pat, pat on the bin.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jeff's eyes narrowed more and more as he listened to Penny speak. He didn't even feel scared anymore, just pissed off. "And who are you talk about my father?" Of course, instead of getting an answer so he could retort again, the vampire came over, looking quite thirsty, and came over him. He wanted to try and wiggle away but couldn't move with her hands blocking his escape, and so he just turned his head away from her, tensing up as he anticipated the pain. Seconds passed...and nothing. She was suddenly on the side now, asking him a question that they already gone over. "Are you high?"

Quotable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
      User Image
                                    User Image

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂

XXxxxxxXXXXXXxxxxxXX

"V-Vincent? What are you..." she was struck dumb by what was happening before her, like many of the females in the room. It was mostly over the fact of how everything seemed to be falling right into place, and then a vision spurred before her eyes seconds before it happened: an offering by the strange new man before her.
                                    Lily played a hesitant, innocent-seeming little girl. Yet on the inside, there was a rush of pleasure. This would be the end to everything, and she would have her power back in full force.
                                    "If you don't mind..." she spoke politely, then, a split second before Lily proceeded, there was a change. The girl's face seemed to have transformed, into something dark, something that revelled in what her next action was going to be, something that enjoyed inflicting pain.
                                    A quick swipe of her hand, and it was embedded into Julian's chest. Her fingers curled around the man's heart, squeezing it.
                                    "Laveau sends her regards, Julian." A sweet smile, before her hand ripped out the desired artefact: his glowing heart.

[[I hope this was ok, I can edit if need be]]

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂

||Lily
                                    Mood- Neutral.
                                    Status- Single.
                                    Quote- "...can I help you?"
                                    Operation- ----
                                    Goal- Get Ethan to come back to VM with her, among other things.
                                    Theme song- Still Doll |
                                    Crush- ------

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Ragnorok Strovesler
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Do you hear that?

"Well, that happened." Was the only thing Ragnarok could think to say at the time. Lily turned into a crazy person for a second and ripped out Julian's heart. But it was the look on her face that was the truly scary part, he knew that in that moment she was enjoying what she was doing. "What have I gotten myself into?"

That's the sound of madness...

(((kinda brain derped half way through this... it was going to be a bit longer and then it wasnt.)))
Aaron's expression went from agitated to confused in less then a second "your territory?" he then looked a little sheepish "ah you would be Raphael Black then" he said, scruffing his hair again "things are different up north in Scotland i guess, the clans like to stay away from the cities, leave them to the outsiders" he watched the other man for a few more seconds before turning around and heading for the door "i guess we need to talk, come on in, and get the pup and his friends to come up too, i'm guessing he's one of yours?" he didn't wait for an answer before he went inside.

(don't worry about it Q is all good)

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser ImageJack Archer
A man with a why to live....

The snarl slowly faded from the wolfman's muzzle and he changed back to his human shape, pants intact, though his shirt was still in the vehicle below. Now that the two seemed to have a bit more of an understanding he was certainly calmer. Raphael was aware that he was from Scotland, and a rural area at that, he was an old and dying breed, though perhaps not too behind the times for a bit of instruction to help. If he was interested in staying in the area he would need some amount of tutelage to get by without stirring up trouble for his pack.

Raphael followed him inside with a nod, "Yes, a bit wayward that one, but still of our pack. I know naught of the others with him, but I'm sure things will come to light swiftly enough. You are from Scotland then? Are you intending to remain here? Why have you come here, if I may ask." Raphael's voice and shoulders were tight, he was not comfortable nor did he intend to relax in while in the unknown lair despite the new wolf's niceties.

Jack swayed and steadied himself on his own two feet, his one arm held out momentarily for balance, then placed on Elli's shoulder. "Let's go, Pumpkin. No use waiting and worrying, eh? Help me shove this thing open and we'll make a break for it. Together."

With that he stumbled up to the small gate and put his good shoulder to it, unfortunately it swung open easily, as it had been left unlocked, and he fell rather abruptly, and humorously, into the snow drift on the other side.

...Rarely struggles to find a how.
Raphael Black

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image
                          x
                          x
                          x
                          C A L E B - D E V E R E A U X
                          I just make trouble everywhere, don't I?
                          maybe I'm just DERANGED.

Julian stared at Lily, looking for any way for him to get out of this, and remembered his compulsion ring. "I command you to st-!" He heard a loud crack and cried out in pain all of a sudden, looking down at his arm. It was now in Caleb's hand, torn off his body at the middle of the humerus. The bone jutted out sharply from the flesh, the entire thing covered in blood, but Caleb didn't seem to mind as he flipped it around and daintily removed the ring from the finger. "I will be holding onto this." Julian watched helplessly as Lily pulled his heart out and before he could even fall to the floor to die slowly, his brother grabbed him by the back of his neck and threw him down onto his back. "Why..." Caleb bent down and slapped Julian's face lightly with his own dismembered hand, "Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause you made me leave my own wedding? Wrote me from the family?"
                          "You didn't...deserve any of it...Not Chloe..."
                          "I promised to give you everything! Everything Father had, it would've been yours! Everything as long as Chloe was mine!"
                          "You won't get her anyway..."
                          "Chloe!" Liz yelled to stop the woman but without any time to even stand up, Chloe had her hands on the side of her head and tore it off.
                          Not bothering to look, Caleb stood and crushed Julian's head under his shoes as if it were a simple cockroach, tossing his arm by the mess. He glanced over his shoulder at Vincent, "Interesting how you didn't stop this."
                          "As if I could do anything."
                          Caleb just chuckled hollowly and left the room.

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
User ImageUser Image

Archer came out of her confusion and giggled. It was nervous fearful laughter, a little higher and it would have been pegged as hysterical, but she wasn't too far gone yet. "Yes, yes it was bad placement really, hm?" She gave his hand a squeeze and looked around, really taking in the store for the first time. "Lets get some towels and soap. Then maybe a blanket and pillow so I can, er, 'crash on your cushion'?" She made a brave attempt at some modern speech. She hoped it was modern. She hoped it was the right preposition. It wasn't. She was after the phrase "crash at your pad". Oh well.

"High!?" Penny's eyes flashed wholly red momentarily, "I honestly don't know what you're getting at. What's you're deal? Will you co operate if I unchain you and maybe keep you from dying? You look a little pale..." She didn't know that she was also rather drained looking. She felt it in her veins, a desire to feed like she hadn't felt since that first night all those years ago. She'd had such a short leash since she'd been turned, kept a slave. Well a servant. It was slavery really. And that pissed her off. She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to focus on the task at hand.

"I'm going to search you for weapons, but then I'll let you go for now, so you can wash up, I'm sure we can find some bandages for you, and ... things..." She proceeded to check his pockets and shirt for any weapons, especially silver, but found nothing on him. "Just keep in mind I can catch and kill you even if you run." She stated rather bluntly before rolling him over a bit and snapping the chains with her hands as if they were gossamer cobwebs broken with the careless brush of a finger.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff