Welcome to Gaia! ::

freedomwitch's Partner In Crime

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery snickered at Connell's guilty look. "He's trying to get me drunk," she informed Nicholas, leaning against him lightly. "Poor b*****d's learning it's impossible for a familiar to get drunk unless we're drowned in a keg now." It was hilarious to her that the young man didn't know that yet - it seemed the other familiars liked letting him learn harmless things the hard way here.

"Wasn't like I was tryin' to get ye wasted," he protested, trying to claim innocence despite her laughing at him.

Waving her hand dismissively to him, Avery shook her head. He wasn't the first guy to try to get her drunk, just the first to fail since no one had since she'd become a familiar. "If we're going to get back home before the sun rises, we should probably leave soon," she suggested.
User Image

"Oh good on ye lad, though don't expect her to be puttin' out" Nicholas teased holding Avery against him both relaxed and possessively reminding others that she was his and until her say so no one else could have her. He chuckled as the boy tried for innocence and failed horribly in his drunken state. The vampire wasn't angered just slightly amused in the lack of belief the young familiar trainee had when it came to the facts of being a full familiar.

"Better luck next time boyo," he chuckled to the boy and looked back at Avery as she spoke about heading back. "Or we can stay here longer and ye can see me house" he suggested smiling to her. He'd built it by the house were he grew up when he was a human boy, it'd been easy for him to visit his dead family without spooking any one who'd moved into his child hood home.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

The familiar-in-training made a face at Nicholas' remark and downed the last of his drink, already a bit unsteady on the barstool. "Wouldn't dream of it," he replied, clearly lying but hardly malicious. Just a bit drunk and horny. It was clear he was dismissed by both vampire and familiar and shrugged, before going back to the bar. William wouldn't need him for the rest of the night, once they were here they always stayed until the sun rose, rooms in the basement for vampires to hole up in.

Avery looked up at him in surprise and smiled back at him cheerfully. "Of course I want to see it," she remarked, happy he'd suggested it. It'd be nice not to rush back and she did want to see it, since he'd mentioned it a few times in passing to her. She didn't mind his slightly-possessive gesture at all, as they hadn't really been out in public at all together and she'd been wondering how he was going to behave with other people around. Not that she thought he'd start fights, hardly that. But it was nice to have him make it clear she was his.
User Image

"Of course boyo," he chuckled and smiled all the more to his woman quickly forgetting about the drunk trainee as she smiled at him to his suggestion. "I after all owe ye some sight seeing and well it'll be nice to see my old place," he added smiling to the familiar not caring what others thought just as long as the got the hint that she was taken.

"Where would ye like to go first?"
he asked looking at the bar seeing if there was any plates or if there were any signs of her having had any food. "Have ye eaten?" he asked no seeing anything but also it didn't mean any thing either.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

"I ate, they have food here for familiars," she assured him with a nod, always happy when he asked her if she ate. It was still such an odd thing for a vampire to concern himself over, from what she'd seen. It just made him more special to her, that was all. "We can do some sightseeing on the way there, if you want," Avery suggested, hopping off the stool with a click of her heels on the polished tile.

She certainly didn't care where they went, as long as she got to spend some time with him. In truth, she was excited about getting to see his home and explore the city a little bit, since they still had plenty of time before the sun came up and forced him to go to sleep.
User Image

"Good," Nicholas said and smiled nodding his head happy that she had eaten already, not that he minded talking her out to a restaurant and watch her eat if she hadn't. He had always been a weird vampire once he was changed, he tried to be as much human as he could before getting bored with life and turning into the vampire he had said he wasn't going to be, then the shut in loner that he'd turned into when Avery had found him.

"Sight seeing sounds fantastic love," he said grinning and offering his arm to her to lead her out of the club. He then led her out of the club and out into the city and looked around thinking of which direction they could go.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Letting him walk her out of the club and down the street, she grinned when he looked around and picked a direction at random, tugging him in it. "Come on, it doesn't matter which way we go, silly," Avery informed him, cuddling up to him as they walked down the street. It was busier here than in the village they'd been in, not that she minded. It didn't have the gloom and doom of the vampire city, but still lacked the same bustle and sense of overcrowding as the human parts did.

"I like this city," she remarked cheerfully, glancing up at him as they walked. She liked seeing all the people and not getting odd glances when they realized he was a vampire. People here really had grown up with vampires and monsters among them and were used to seeing them on the streets and in the shadows alike.
User Image

"Maybe not but still hard to choose which way to explore first," he said and laughed letting her choose the way for them to go. He didn't mind her choosing and leading the way for them, he liked that she was strong enough on her own to make the choices that wouldn't be allowed back when he'd been human. It was why he liked the human race still, because they still let themselves evolve to something more than they were when he was a boy or even some of the older vampires human-hoods.

"Aye," he agreed looking at all the newness of the city, all the people moseying about not giving them a second look to seeing them walking together. "I'd forgotten how lovely the sights were," he said and smiled as the awe of all the new sights that were there and he hadn't seen since he'd left the isle. Still it was lovely to see it all once again.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery personally liked how they'd manage to keep the old world charm about the modern setting. It wasn't so intimidating or strained, despite being a city with streetlights and cars and groups of people going from bar to bar, looking for a good drink or company. She was glad they were planning on staying a while, and that his maker wanted them to as well. It was definitely her favorite place so far, and although she still wanted to travel to other places with Nicholas, this felt like somewhere she'd always want to come back to.

They took their time wandering the streets, sometimes going into an open pub or club just to people watch and look around at the sort of people in the city. "We should probably head to your home," Avery remarked, glancing at a clock to check the time. The last thing she wanted was to make a mad dash for a dark room.
User Image

"Aye, yer probably right love," he said nodding his head, they had some time but not much more time. He smiled to her and let out a hum of contentment for having her by his side and in his life. He lead her out of the club they were visiting now and back on to the street. This time he didn't have to guess were to go, he knew. After all these years he knew where his family was buried and thus his home. It would be the one thing he'd never forget.

Once they walked a little out of the city, not far from it but still away from the people and more into the country he walked in the direction of where he grew up. The roof of the Gothic manner came into view of them and, like the night they met, Nicholas picked her up and started moving faster towards the house. He placed her down on the top step and let her take in the sight of the home.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery let him lead her around, glad to see him seemingly so happy and pleased with life at the moment, since she felt the same way. She looked around at the sights as they walked, noticing they were going a little bit farther out of town and wondered if the house had always been a little away from the rest of the place, or if it had just been built away from over the years as the city grew. When he scooped her up, she squeaked in surprised and grabbed him, definitely reminded of the night they first met and he'd done the same thing.

Looking up at the house once he set her down, she made a noise of surprise. "This is gorgeous," she said honestly, excited to see the inside and what it was like. At least it had been kept up by his master, so it wouldn't be dirty and dingy and depressing. "And you said you built this?" she asked, a little bit in awe.
User Image

"Aye," he smiled opening the door and letting her into the house. "I started putting it together before I met William." he said looking at the old house and smiling to the memory of it's being built. "I'd been working for a man who had started building the house, he bought my families land and had given me a job." he said following her in side the house. "After it was half built I met William and when it was fully done and all the land surrounding it was bought up, I'd been turned and had made enough money from working with William, plus the wars form back then to buy the whole property and get my families land back." he looked at her and smiled. "By that time the man I'd work for died and his family wanted to leave cursing the place behind them." he'd gotten it dirt cheap comparatively to what it was worth.

"Bought everything inside too, if all is well as William says it is, the beds should still be fine."
he told her looking at the antiques furniture, most of which was at his other home in the vampire city. "There is one thing though, I am not sure if it has running water." he said looking at her with a shrug, though knowing William and how up to dated he'd become with human civilization there probably was.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery listened to him as he spoke, impressed that he'd built the entire place by himself. Now, with construction people and crews doing the work, it seemed almost impossible that one man could do it all by himself like this. She moved around the main room curiously as she listened, seeing a light switch and flicking it on and off experimentally. One of the lamps tucked in a corner responded, so at least there was lighting of some sort. It was a beautiful place, a lot like the one in the city he had, but less constraining, somehow. Probably because it wasn't in the city at all, she thought ruefully.

"Well, there's a modern kitchen," she remarked, going into another room and seeing new appliances hooked up. "So I'm guessing he's gotten everything - yep, there's running water," she announced, after experimentally trying the faucet.
User Image

He followed her with his eyes, as she looked around and experimented the lights and went into the kitchen. He smiled as he watched her and as she experimented with the water and answered him. "Well that's good, ye can have showers," he grinned to her and looked around the rest of the house. It was a lot nicer here than the one in the city. "We'll have to call Jianna later and let her know of our plans of staying longer." he said turning to look at his lover, she was a sight.

He turned and found a couch and proceeded to lay down and keep watching her as she explored.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Hearing his suggestion, she poked her head back out and nodded. "Yeah, before she decides to bother us and pry everything from our brains," she remarked with a groan, rolling her eyes before going back to wandering. She liked the house and everything about it. It was so weird to think that Nicholas had built it entirely by himself, and impressive at the same time.

After a few minutes she came back out and sat down on his thighs, looking at him curiously. "Why're you just sitting here watching me?" Avery asked, poking his chest lightly. "I can practically feel your eyes boring holes in the back of my head this whole time, you know," she added teasingly, bending down to give him a kiss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff