Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image
Kria Kristoffson /// Khronas

∞−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−∞

Khronas made her way across the rooftops, scouring the area for any small-time crooks to apprehend. She had already caught a couple of different men trying to rob women of their purses. As she lept from rooftop to rooftop, she used her power of time manipulation to slow everything down, making her travels faster and easier. Once she was safely standing still, time went back to its normal speed. Khronas stared up at the moon, loving the beauty of the night. The stars twinkled and shone with brilliance. A cold breeze blew past, making her white cape flutter behind her. It’s getting chilly, she thought, wrapping her arms around herself.

Suddenly, an alarm sounded. Khronas listened intently trying to pinpoint which direction the loud, blaring noise came from. After a moment, she was off, stopping time as she moved. Jump! Run! Jump! Run! She made an abrupt halt on the edge of the building, staring down at two frozen bank robbers as they had attempted to flee the scene. Khronas stretched her fingers before leaping down onto the pavement below. Slowly, she pried each bag of money from the robbers’ hands and placed them inside the bank. Khronas took her time in removing any weapons from the robbers’ person. She removed the magazines and tucked them into her white leather boots. Quickly, Khronas checked the getaway van to make sure there wasn’t a third person. Once cleared, Khronas unfroze everything except the two robbers. She would leave them for the police to find. The two men wouldn’t begin to move for at least twelve hours. It gave the cops plenty of time to arrive and assess the situation.

She wiped her hands and checked the hand watch that she always carried on her person. The sun would soon be rising. It was only three hours before school started. She knew she needed to get home and get some rest. However, she wanted to wait and see his face. Khronas knew he’d be arriving any second now, assuming he was on his way. She had bested him this time, and he wouldn’t be happy. A smile spread across her lips. Khronas tried to stifle a laugh but failed miserably. It was the first time she had frozen time so often in one night since quite some time ago. Okay, it had been maybe two weeks, but who was counting? It certainly wasn’t her. She glanced at her watch once more and yawned. Khronas leaned against the wall of the bank, allowing the cool, crisp air to blow over her bare skin. She ran a hand through her lavender locks and hoped he would show up.

xXThe LawmanXx

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image Ⓓallas Ⓣucker, A.K.A The ŢyphoonUser Image

☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱☴☱

"That's right, loser! You just got your butt kicked!" The criminal was sprawled out in the middle of the alley, a pair of plastic handcuffs around his wrists. The woman he was trying to accost was already running away to safety, but her hero was too busy gloating and taunting her assailant. "Yup, you thought you could put the hurt on the babes of my city, and looked what happened? You got a fresh serving of justice from The Typhoon!" The young hero posed for nobody in particular (it was the middle of the night, afterall), his blue muffler scarf blowing in the wind, flexing his muscled chest and arms, and sporting a cocky expression hidden behind fabric and goggles. The Typhoon snapped a picture of the crook to send to police hq, along with an address, and decided it was time to find another wrongdoer to put the hurt on. "Gotta go, idiot," The Typhoon said. "If I can get another big bust tonight, I might just beat my personal record!" And with that, he quickly burst into a sprint, a small blast of air erupting as he took off.

Once he had built up speed, The Typhoon used his air-based powers to alter the air around his feet, allowing him to literally run on it. He sped along past the roofs of houses and skyscrapers, Loving the thrill and excitement he always felt when he would wind run. As the hero ran, he checked his phone to see what time it was. "Shoot," he mumbled. "School...whatever, I'll just sleep through class, as usual. Not like a hero like me needs to deal with crap like schoolin'." He tucked his phone away, and slowed down to a simple jog letting out a yawn. The night had been pretty rough; he had already beat down five different groups of crooks that night, including a small gang of five. But that last few hours of the night always sucked for hero work. "If I can just get one more good one, I'd have enough to rub it in her face," he said. "Yeah, that'd show that stupid, time-stoppin'-"

A loud siren blared throughout the night, startling the young hero. "Huh?" Looking around, The Typhoon finally pinpointed the source of the noise. "Oh heck yes, a bank robbery!" He let his power run out, and he started to plummet to the ground quickly. But, before he was thirty feet from the ground, he 'pushed' himself with air and provided himself with an inclining ramp to send him speeding towards the bank, whizzing in between cars and trucks. "Out of the way, coming through! Make way for the hero!" He jumped over the traffic, easily running off the side of semi trucks and vaulting over sedans as well. When he finally reached the bank, he skidded to a halt, kicking up a burst of dust. "Alright, robbers! Prepare to feel the kickass power of The Typh-wait, what the hell?" The Typhoon looked around, and realized that the supposed robbers were frozen in place.

"Aw, great. Khronas." Sure enough, he spotted his biggest enemy, even bigger than The Psycho, Dr. Killbrew, and the Mamba Gang: Khronas, the other hero in town. He could tell by the way she was posted up, she was just waiting for him to hit the scene and see her handiwork. "Oh, wow," The Typhoon said sarcastically. "Looks like you actually caught a few bad guys tonight. What, get tired of getting outshone by yours truly?" He crossed his arms, trying to hide how annoyed he was with more cocky banter. "I figured someone with time powers would take the time to realize you just can't step up to my level and all. Guess you're as dumb as you look!"

User ImageUser Image

Try as she might, Khronas could not hide her smirk. “Get over it, Typhoon. You’re pissed and you know it. Plus, the last time I checked, you were behind on catching yourself any criminals. You’re always too late. Maybe you should change your name to Subtle Breeze.” It was then that the Commissioner approached. “We just wanted to thank you again, Khronas. You saved a lot of people’s money in there.” Khronas smiled at Typhoon, knowing it would irk him even more before turning to the Commissioner. “I do anything I can to help you and your men and women to protect this city.” The Commissioner thanked her once again before turning and going over to a group of reporters. Khronas rolled her eyes. Reporters were so annoying and showed up anytime during the night trying to get the scoop first.

Khronas turned back to Typhoon. “Well, I’ll be going now. I’ll give you some time to catch up. Good luck. I know you’ll need it.” She turned and began walking away. Khronas needed her sleep for school later. She was a good student and wanted to keep it that way. Plus, she couldn’t wait to see her group of friends; however, she dreaded running into Dallas. He was such a pain. She didn’t even know why he considered her a rival or whatever. Khronas wasn’t quite sure what she had done to him, but, as of late, she looked at him as a rival too. Come to think of it though, what were they rivals of? He could care less about school. Khronas wasn’t involved in any sport except swimming, which had separate teams for male and female students. Khronas shook her head, not sure if Typhoon had spoken or not. She turned her crystal blue eyes upon him once more before taking out her grappling hook, releasing it, and tugging to make sure it was secure enough once it had landed around a metal bar atop the building. Ugh, how she wished she could fly.

xXThe LawmanXx

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

The Typhoon lost his composure at Khronas' jabs at his speed. He took alot of pride in how quick he was, and if there was one thing he couldn't handle, it was stuff like that. "Subtle Breeze?! You're one to talk, Khron-a**!" A vein was popping on his forehead, he was so angry. Luckily The Commissioner had showed up before The Typhoon could start any trouble. He stood and listened to the thanks yous and the whole 'protecting the city' junk, rolling his eyes and mumbling under his breath. "Oh, thank you sooo much, you're soooo fantastic!" Almost since day one of his hero debut, he's been butting heads with Khronas, over what territory they protected at first, and eventually escalating to who was the undisputed Protector of the City, a title heroes all over vied for. And for awhile, The Typhoon was a front runner...

...but it looked like he was losing his touch. Not that she doesn't have a giant advantage, he thought. It's pretty easy to stop crime when they're frozen in time! He had zoned out for a moment when the flashes of lights caught his attention. "Ugh, these guys..." he covered his eyes, knowing all too well they were going to put out another 'Typhoon late on arrival' piece again. Luckily Khronas was leaving, and that meant the paparazzi would be gone, too. "How about you take that luck-" he threw up the traditional 'up yours' sign- "and shove it up your purple a**!" He decided in one last petty move to fire off from the ground, blasting past Khronas at breakneck speeds before bounding into the open air.

Once he was out of the view of the public, he let out a depressed sigh and rubbed his eyes. "Come on, Dallas," he muttered, his bravado long gone, "what the hell are you doing? You were the best, man! Now you're getting shown up every other time..." And to think he'd have to go to school in a few hours. And that meant he'd have to deal with Kria Kristoffson, the only other person on his hate list. It was hard to explain, the reason he didn't like her; he didn't care too much about grades, and was fine with his C-average, and though he the captain of the boy's swim team, Kria's swimming skills on the other team didn't matter much, either. But at the end of the day, there was just this indescribable bad vibe he got from her, just like with dealing with Khronas. So he made it his job to knock her down a peg whenever he got a chance.

Speaking of, he had better get some shuteye...or not. Instead, The Typhoon decided that he wasn't gonna let that smug hero beat him. "Okay, okay, let's pull an all-nighter!" he exclaimed. Thus, he spent the rest of the nighttime hour whipping any random criminal he came across. School was going to suck, but when didn't it? He was going to be late, that was certain, and more likely than not with a few extra bruises, but Dallas "The Typhoon" Tucker was going to roll with the punches.

Kria Draganov
User ImageUser Image

Kria arrived to first period English only minutes before the bell. She placed her things on her desk and took a seat. Kria had found her best friend as soon as she had arrived to school, telling her about the night before. Madison, her best friend, was the only person, besides her parents, to know of Kria’s powers. They also knew of her rivalry with Typhoon. She couldn’t help but smile when she thought of her Subtle Breeze comment and how mad he had gotten. The teacher walked in then, passing out papers for some research paper they were to do. “This paper is due in by next Friday. I am giving you two full weeks to complete this,” he said. “Don’t come in next Friday with any excuses.” He continued to explain the assignment and Kria couldn’t help but block him out.

“Ms. Kristoffson?” Kria was startled out of her thoughts. “Yes?” Her teacher now hovered over her. “Who was the author of the poem Beowulf?” Kria cleared her throat before she spoke. “The poem Beowulf was passed down in the oral tradition so no one really knows who wrote it. The most popular modern English translation was done by Seamus Heaney however.”

xXThe LawmanXx

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Dallas landed behind the school, luckily after everyone had went inside for first period. He was late, as usual, having had to stop back at the orphanage he lived at and grab his uniform and backpack. He had gotten an earful from Ms. Wilkerson, the caretaker (and the only person that knows of Dallas' escapades) for spending all night fighting, and she almost made him stay to patch up his new bruises. But Dallas promised he wouldn't miss more than two days of school per week. He was in his uniform now, and trying to sneak into English Class.

But, it didn't work out, and Dallas was ushered into the classroom by the hall monitor. "Well, well, well, Mr. Dallas Tucker has decided to join us today." The teacher waved Dallas over to his desk near the back of the classroom. "Sorry I'm late," the young hero said, plopping down in his chair. "I remembered how boring this class was, and accidentally fell asleep on the bus." The other students snickered and laughed, but the teacher quickly got the class on track. "Alright, Mr. Tucker, how about you tell me how Beowulf defeated Grendel in Hrothgar's Mead Hall? If you give me a decent answer, I'll forget your remark and you won't have to spend your lunch hour with me." Dallas let out a long yawn, and propped his head up with his arm. "Grendel couldn't get taken down with any sword or whatever, so Beowulf started wailing on him with his bare hands. Then, the dude rips Grendel's freakin' arm off, and he runs crying and dies in a crappy swamp." He glanced over at Kria with a smug look on his face, knowing she would hate such a cocky answer.

The teacher sighed, but had to admit that Dallas was right. "That's technically correct," he said, "and it's clear that you're understanding the reading, somewhat. But, you need some refinement. Maybe a tutor would be helpful..." He eyed the room carefully, but eventually rested his eyes on Kria. "So, change of assignment, students," he said. "I think this report will be an oral report on the major conflicts of Beowulf...in teams. I'll choose the teams so the best...and not so best students are equally paired up. Meaning, Ms. Kristoffson and Mr. Tucker will be partners for this assignment."

The declaration woke Dallas up, and he almost fell out of his chair. "What? Uh-uh, I'm not working with little miss windbag! I'll just take the F, thank you very much!"

Kria Draganov
User ImageUser Image

Kria straightened in her seat, trying to think of any excuse to get out of this. “Mr. Garretson, I’m sure I could do a better job on my own. I mean, I will more-than-likely be doing all the work anyway since, like you stated, he is one of the worse students.” Mr. Garretson eyed Kria then Dallas. “No, Ms. Kristoffson, I am sure I have made the right choice. I think you two will work nicely together, especially since your grade depends on it.” A sigh escaped Kria’s lips. “You would be correct; however, Mr. Tucker couldn’t care less about his grades. Therefore, he could care less about mine. This means I will be doing the whole project on my own.” “Ms. Kristoffson, you and Mr. Tucker will work together and like it or you can fail. It’s your choice.” The bell rang signaling the end of first period. Kria quickly grabbed her things and bolted from the classroom. She was fuming.

When she arrived at her locker, she saw Madison. “Hey girl. How was English?” Kria slammed her books into the locker. “Whoa, that bad?” Kria turned to her brown eyed best friend. “Yes. I have been partnered up with Dallas to do an oral report. We are going to fail. I am a great English student. I do not get bad grades in English. Ever. Period. “ Madison placed a hand on Kria’s shoulder. “Everything will be okay. Just take a breather and calm down. You just have to hope with every fiber of your being that he will actually help out with this. As of now, we need to get to second period. Forget about Dallas. Everything will be fine.” Kria nodded and grabbed her books for the next two classes. Both girls shut their lockers and made their way down the hall.

xXThe LawmanXx

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Though he didn't like being called the worst student, Dallas agreed with Kria. "See, she doesn't want to work with me, either, so just lemme get back to my nap, and we can all just-"

"Mr. Tucker, you're barely skating by with a D minus in this class," the teacher interrupted, looking upset, but composed. "If you don't contribute on this assignment, you'll get an F for the class, and then you can spend all summer making up for lost time!" Dallas stood up a little straighter at the threat. But summer is my prime crime fighting time! he thought worriedly. So, he sighed, and gave up his fight against the evil English teacher. "Fine, fine, I'll give you the best darn report you've ever seen," he said glumly. Then the bell rang, and it was time to go to Math.

Well, time to skip Math. Instead, he went to go find Cory, the Typhoon's undisputed biggest fan. As usual, the portly, nerdy freshman was being roughed up by upperclassmen, and Dallas had to bail him out. "Okay, assholes, take a hike!" Dallas shouted. He kicked one swiftly in the stomach and punched the other in the face just as quickly, and the young delinquent's reputation combined with some soreness was enough to get them to head out. He then helped Cory pick up his books. "One of these days, I'll have to teach how to stop being a big wuss and how to fight those dudes," Dallas said. Cory smiled, and straightened out his uniform. "Th-thanks, Typh- I mean, Dallas!" he stammered. "It'd be great for you to teach me, then maybe I can finally be your sidekick, right?...uh, Dallas, something bothering you?"

Dallas scratched the back of his head, and leaned up against the lockers. "Yeah, there is," he grumbled. "Not only did Khronas show me up last night, now I have to do some lame report with Kria!" Cory gasped, knowing how big of a deal this was to his hero. "Whoa, tough break, man," he said, shaking his head. "I don't get why you dislike Kria, though. She gets along with everybody really well, she's smart, not to mention pretty; except for maybe the cheerleading squad, she's pretty much one of the most beloved kids in her class!" Dallas rubbed his eyes, looking angrier with every compliment. "Yeah, I know, alright? She's a perfect little so-and-so, yadda yadda yadda. That probably irks me more than anything....but anyways, here's the thing: Gotta do the report over Beowulf, so I need you to get me some notes put together so I won't look a complete a**, got it?"

Cory nodded eagerly. "Of course, anything for The Typhoon! I mean Dallas! I mean, I'm on it! I gotta get to class, so I'll see you at lunch!" The nerd jogged away to class, and Dallas was soon standing in an empty hall. "Hmph. Kria. Khronas. Can't stand either of them...oh well. I'll talk to Kria at lunch so we can get this over with, and tonight I'll show that time stopper how a real hero works!" With a plan formed, Dallas decided to head into Math (late, of course).

Kria Draganov
[
OOC: If you want, you can fast forward to lunch period, unless you had something planned./spoiler]
User ImageUser Image

Kria, Madison, and a few other friends made their way through the doors of the cafeteria. They each made their way through the lunch line, chatting away as they went. The latest topic was Kria and her partnership with Dallas. Each girl took their usual seat at their usual table on the far right in the center of the room. Kria took swallowed a bite of apple before speaking. “Can we please change the subject? Let’s talk about prom. It’s coming up in a few months. Have any of you bought a dress yet?” The chatter between the girls erupted at the mention of the dance of the year. Each girl was bringing up photos of dresses on their cell phones and passing the phone around the table so each of their friends could see, make comments, etcetera.

Kria didn’t care much about prom. She simply brought it up to distract her friends from the topic of her and Dallas. As she picked around at her food she thought of all the terrible ways this could go wrong. For one, she didn’t expect Dallas to do anything even if Mr. Garretson said he’d receive and ‘F’ and have to go through summer school. She loved books, loved writing, and, because of that, she wanted to become a best-selling author. Kria wanted to be the best she could be in her English class because she knew that it would help her with her career. She had already written one novel and sent it in to multiple publishers only to be turned down. Kria was becoming way to stressed over school, her life as Khronas, and trying to find a good publisher to jumpstart her career.

“Kria? Kria? Hello? Are you in there?” Kria was startled out of her thoughts as one of her friends waved a hand in front of her face. “Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking.” “About your date for prom?” Kria laughed and shook her head. “I don’t have a date, and I don’t really want one. I think it would be more fun to dance with you all. However, no, what I was thinking about wasn’t prom related. I’m just stressed with school and such.” The girls nodded and Madison patted her best friend’s back. “Everything will be fine. You’ll see,” Madison said as she gave Kria a knowing look. Kria smiled, “Thanks Madi.”

xXThe LawmanXx

Yeah, I had planned on it, but I wanted to give you a chance to reply first. smile

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

It was lunch time, and Dallas was sitting alone, waiting for Cory to show up. He had already devoured his sack lunch, and now he was just stuck hoping his friend/lackey had come through for him. After what seemed like forever, the short kid arrived, a composition book in his hands. "Hey, Dallas!" he said, taking a seat across from his hero. "I got the notes for you, just like you wanted. I tried to make it look as much like your handwriting as I could, even threw in some mannerisms you would use." Dallas reached over and flipped through it, and it was pretty good; notes like "Beowulf chucks away Hrunting, uses a magical ice blade to pwn Grendel's mother instead," and "Wiglaf ponies up and helps Beowulf kick the dragon of Earnaness' a**." It was alot of good work, and Dallas was glad he had a fan like Cory.

"Awesome," Dallas said, flipping through the pages. "Now all I gotta do is just show 'em to Kria, maybe do one stupid study session after school, then recite whatever the hell she writes up next Friday. No big deal!" He leaned back, and spied Kria with all of her friends. Though he'd never admit it, he was pretty jealous of her popularity. Meh, who cares? The Typhoon is super popular, so I don't care if I'm a lone wolf! Dallas got up, and patted Cory on the shoulder. "Well, I'm gonna go socialize with the cool kids for second," he said. "Thanks again, man." Before his biggest fan could shower him in praises, the young delinquent was striding right towards Kria's table.

When he reached it, he could feel the eyes on him and the silence that followed. He propped one leg up on an empty seat, and leaned arm on his knee, letting his taped and muscular chest be seen. "Hey there, ladies," he said with a sly smile. "Don't worry, I'm not here to ask you all to prom, I'm just here to talk to smarty-pants over here." He looked over at Kria, and chucked 'his' notebook onto the table. "There's my notes for our report," he said. "Should be everything you'll need or whatever. So, I'm thinking we get this over with as soon as possible; I'm really busy, so how about we just meet up after school and smash this all out so we can go back to glaring at eachother from across the hall?"

Kria Draganov
[
OOC: Sorry I didn't reply the other day, but Sunday's my busy day../spoiler]
User ImageUser Image

Kria’s blue eyes stared up at him. She tried to hide the depression and stress in her eyes but wasn’t sure if she had succeeded. Her fingers traced over the composition book before picking it up and flipping through it. “Sure. We can meet after school today, I guess. Is that okay with you?” Her friends were staring at the both of them, waiting for an argument to erupt, snarky comments to be spewed, or…something. However, Kria had suddenly felt drained. She just wanted to go home. “Where do you want to meet up?” What was wrong with her? Kria hated feeling this way. She definitely needed some cheering up. If Dallas wasn’t such an arrogant a** he would probably be able to cheer her up. She struggled once again to figure out what their so called rivalry was over, but, again, she failed.

“Maybe you two should meet tomorrow, Kria. You don’t act like you’re feeling well,” Madison spoke up. Kria wasn’t sure if Madison saw through the façade or if she was trying to give her an excuse to meet another time. “I’m fine.” She smiled at Dallas, “So you pick the meeting place, and I’ll meet you there after school.” Kria figured he would think her smile was just some show to make him look bad or something stupid that he would come up with. However, she was being sincere. She was half tempted to speed time up to the meeting time or maybe right after the meeting had ended. It wasn’t a hard choice. After lunch was over, she would speed up time and get this thing over with.

xXThe LawmanXx

Don’t worry about it. It’s totally fine. By the way, I’ll bring the nemesis in in a day or two, rp time, as a new student.

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Dallas was surprised by Kria's smile. He was ready for the verbal attack to begin, but instead, she just agreed to meet up later. "Uh...yeah, okay," Dallas said dumbly. He thought Madison had a point in saying Kria didn't look well, though he figured that was just because of him being around to pester her. He played it cool, however, and took his leg off of the seat and stood up straight. "So, uh, let's meet up at the library," he said, scratching the back of his head. "The one over by Liberty Square." He was frowning, but was able to manage a halfhearted smile. "Alright, dork, see you there." He walked away, heading back over to where Cory was at.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after school, and Dallas couldn't really remember how the rest of the school day went Things just sort of sped right up until he was out of school and jogging his way to the Liberty Square Library. He made himself slow down, since if he wanted to he could jet there in no time. It would still be a really quick trip for the hero. As he ran, it was wondering about why Kria was so willing to meet up. I guess she hates my guts that much, he thought. He didn't hate her as much as he hated Khronas, but he was still pretty ticked with her. It had been an old, selfish reason on Dallas' part, but it had been so long ago that he hadn't fully remembered what happened. All he knew now was that he'd have to act somewhat decent towards Kria, at least for the next week or so. Then I can focus on my crime fighting, he reminded himself.

Without breaking a sweat, Dallas ended up right in front of Liberty Square Library, the largest library in Fortuna City. Right west of it was Liberty Square, a large park and monument to bringing peace to all of the city's denizens. The young hero sat at the steps of the library and waited for Kria, watching people come and go from the square. "Hurry up," he muttered. "Let's get this over with."

Kria Draganov
[
OOC: Sounds cool to me! I do believe there's gonna be some dastardly villain at the square, but not for a few posts./spoiler]
User ImageUser Image

Kria made her way toward the library. She was hoping he hadn't gotten there before her. That would mean she could grab some food beforehand and eat while she waited. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her. Why was she feeling so drained? She had slept plenty last night. It had hit all of a sudden at lunch. It had been a somewhat decent day then, all of a sudden, she felt strange and tired. Kria arrived at the Liberty Square Library approximately five minutes after Dallas. “Hey,” she smiled as she wondered how he was here before her, knowing he was usually quite late. “Sorry I took so long. I got stuck dress talking with my friends again.” Her blue eyes rolled before going to take a seat by him on the steps. “Can we take a short break before we get started? Maybe grab a bite? I didn’t eat much at lunch.” As if to prove herself, her stomach growled causing her to blush lightly. “If not, I can just run over to The Square afterwards.” She placed her books between them and relaxed some. A part of her just wanted to get this over with, but another part of her wanted to try to figure out what caused this rivalry to begin with. Eh, she was too tired to figure this all out. She would leave that for another day. Today, as far as she was concerned, could be a neutral day. Kria wouldn’t act like a fool and get into an argument with him.

xXThe LawmanXx

Agreed. By the way, I was thinking about letting the nemesis have an emotion manipulation power. That could be why Kria feels so weird, but they don’t find this out until later. What do you think? It’s also why this post is somewhat short, haha.

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Dallas looked up from his phone to see Kria walking up. Finally. he thought. "Hey," he replied back simply. When she mentioned being late and dresses, Dallas smirked. "I didn't know you could even be late," he said teasingly. "I thought being late was like your kryptonite or something." He didn't want to dish out any real mean stuff, seeing as how his grade would depend on him being halfway decent to his classmate. He slid his phone back into his pocket, and glanced over at Kria again. "Eh, don't worry about it," he muttered. "I didn't wait too long." It was awkward, trying not to be a complete a** as usual, but luckily Kria broke the tension.

He looked down at her growling stomach, then at her blushing face. "Yeah, let's get some food," he said, jumping up to his feet with ease. "Besides, I doubt we can get this report done if you're gonna be asking for breaks and getting stomach growls and crap." He picked up his pack, and headed down the stairs. "There's a food truck over at The Square," he said as he walked. "It's pretty decent stuff, too." He led the way, still perplexed by how smooth things were going. Maybe she's trying to pity me or something. 'Poor dumb Dallas, I'll be nice to him since he's a moron.' Pfft. She did seem really out of it, though. It was like his Typhoon-sense (which wasn't really a power) was telling him something was up. Then again, she said she was hungry. Maybe some food will fix 'er up, no problem, he decided.

The two classmates would soon reach The Square's Skillet food truck, and Dallas went ahead and ordered a side of fries and large soda, and placed some money on the table. After Kria had ordered, he go ahead and ask her what was up. "So, any reason you're acting so freaky today?" Dallas asked bluntly. "I mean, you're usually so perky and alert and stuff, is all." He tried not to show much concern, and found a bench to sit at.

Kria Draganov
[
OOC: That would be a really interesting power. The villain could technically enrage the entire school if it wanted. And the short posts are fine; we're doing a 1x1, after all, so there's no fancy paragraph requirements and junk./spoiler]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff