Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

a private roleplay between lovelylovelay & ayisosm

ayisosm's Wife

___________██ x ██ x ██ x ██ x ██ x ██ X ██ X ██ Xx ██ x
                                ________───────Xmoons and stars are dancingX──────
                                __________ ━━ we don't know where we're goingX
                                __________________________________────────────────

PIPER ▇▇ ⁰¹ fine x x x x ▇▇ ⁰² uh ... no P I P E R ( ! ) let's get lost ×tonight

with one leg crossed over the other, he slurps his noodles and flips a page in his art history book; his brows twitching and knitting responsively as he reads hmph, bronze huh? maybe i should try it out sometime, but where would i get my hands on bronze like that hn -- oh right, i have a report coming up ... i should probably work on that soon licks his lips, his brows raising as he comes across a sculpture that impresses him
                                                                  ▇ ▇x i'll hold your hand ××

________ ██ __ ██ __ ██ __ ██ __ ██ __ ██ __

xxx ██ ██ ██__if this__ is __ to end in fire . ! __ ──────────
                                      emmetemmetemmetxxx ₀₁ ██ : bored.________ ₀₂ ██ : nada.

yeah, yeah, i'm on it! .shouts to the back of the kitchen, barely seeing the top of his mother's head as she cooks. tightens the hair tie at the nape of his neck, ineffectively taking any hair away from his face ) i should cut my hair soon....wanders towards the front of the restaurant to begin his shift, flinching when a cook flips his cap off )

cook: no hats emmet! just because it's your mom's shop! (/ scolds playfully )

ahhh but my hair is a mess! .jokes, despite the truth before entering the dining area ) table seven... .searches the room before landing his eyes on a male hunched over his book. grabs a teapot from the counter and strides over, coming to a stop next to the table ) would you like some more tea?

____WE____ SHOULD ____ BURN ____ TOGETHER
                                                                            ____________________________________________________________

___________watch the flamesxxx.

ayisosm's Wife

PIPER ▇▇ ⁰¹ fine x x x x ▇▇ ⁰² uh … no P I P E R ( ! ) let's get lost ×tonight

begins to fall into a routine of flipping pages in between slurps. he licks his lips, in the process of turning a page but he's suddenly drawn back to reality as someone calls out to him; he looks up huh ... instantly recognizing the figure before him, he stares up with wide eyes, his lips parted. after a few seconds of staring, admiring, he finally processes the question and lets his eyes drift to his cup that's barely been touched. looking back up at the waiter, he raises his index - signaling for him to give him a second as he takes a large sip of his tea to make the cup half full uh, sure. wiping his lips with the back of his hand, he watches as the tea is poured, casually and indistinguishably stealing a glance of his waiter huh, he's not wearing a hat today .. his hair's longer than i thought it was, but it's so nice. i wonder if he let's it down when he's at home or something .. emmet ... pft, he probably doesn't even know my name .. eyes drift to emmet's body, cheek in palm - he sighs a little as his mind begins to wander; thoughts of sculpting the handsome man, his hands dry from clay. however, he snaps himself out of it and looks back at his book thanks.
                                                                  ▇ ▇x i’ll hold your hand ××

.tilts his head, blinking a few times and adjusts his glasses, feeling as if he should recognize this face ) is he the one the cooks talk about? the one that eats here almost everyday? .waits patiently and glances at the bowl, seeing its near completion before carefully filling the cup up with more tea ) i feel like i should know his name... - .nods his head as a "your welcome" and watch the male return to his book. goes to turn but stops mid step ) ah . .turns back around and peers at him, head tilted ) you're my partner! for the project right? ummm... .chews his lips briefly, placing down the teapot on an empty table, afraid to spill it over his black attire or on the other in front of him ) piper! yeah how could i forget such a name? .stubbornly beats himself up for forgetting and gives a small smile ) we never got to talk after we were assigned. he's very kept to himself, isn't he?

ayisosm's Wife

dude, you're kind of totally staring me down like ... then again i kind of do that too so i guess i shouldn't talk ... keeps his eyes fixated on the pages, keeping a casual, calm, disposition; despite feeling a little awkward, a sigh of relief as emmet starts to turn huh, what? suddenly looks up at emmet, his lips pressed into a thin line it's ok if you don't remem -- woah, what? he remembered! his lips part slightly as he's actually surprised by the fact he knows his name. in fact, he can't help but wonder why someone like him knows his name. however, the fact that it's emmet, his muse, he realizes he's suddenly bombarded with an uplifting feeling i mean it's pretty forgettable to be honest but ... oh, uh, yeah that's -- that's me, piper ... and you're emmet. he glances at the page before looking back up at emmet and with him being so close and practically tangible -- it makes his hands itch to touch and discover, to memorize all those lines and curves. basically, the project is the last thing on his mind and that smile ... oh, yeah, i don't really stick around once class is over so i'm not surprised we missed each other especially since i kind of do it on purpose ... uh, anyway, you don't have to worry about the project .. i'll get it done before friday. he cracks his fingers before taking the cup in hand and sipping, studying the painting in the book

.raises his eyebrows curiously at the surprised look on piper's face before nodding ) yeah, emmet johnson - my mom owns this ramen shop. .gestures to the rest of the shop, glad that it was a busy time of the day and that the other waiter can handle the other customer ) ah, that's why, i don't really focus on people during class except the lesson - and sometimes kyle, that annoying blond friend. .states playfully casually brushing wavy strands of hair away from his forehead ) huh? why can't i work on it with you? .furrows his brow and placing a hand on his hip ) jesus, do you think i'm not smart enough for this or something? .fakes an offended look before rolling his eyes and smiling ) i mean, it'd be nice to work on it together, and besides, i don't wanna lie when the teacher asks me why the project sounds way better than it should with me on the team -

mom: emmet! come here for a sec! (/waves emmet over, holding up a dish)

one sec - .picks up the discarded teapot and returns it to the counter, taking the dish from his mother ) who's this for? i didn't pick up any orders?

mom: it's for him - (/motions to piper's table) he's always at our shop and always studying alone. thought we could give this appetizer as a treat. you should make friends with him! maybe he'll influence better studying habits on you.

.mocks a scoff before shaking his head with a light laugh ) i think i study perfectly fine! .walks away from the kitchen, returning to piper and placing the dish down ) this is on the house - my mom says so. .points his thumb behind him at the japanese woman scurrying around behind the counter ) i can pack it up to go if you're full - but hey, about that project. i'm usually working here after school until seven, we can maybe meet up somewhere to do it? 'cause i'm not going to let you do all the work.

ayisosm's Wife

oh, his mom owns this place. so, it’s not like he’s just working here because, huh? oh .. that’s cool .. it’s .. uh it’s a really nice shop and the noodles are always on point nods, taking another sip kyle .. right he doesn’t react because he doesn’t know the guy, on the contrary, he does, he just doesn’t particularly care for the guy or anyone in class for that matter. nonetheless, he keeps nodding along and glancing back and forth between the book and emmet. however, he takes the opportunity to stare at that pretty wavy black hair so nice .. uh, well .. glancing off to the side, he swallows a bit, contemplating on what exactly to say and he can only sigh as this just became something really troublesome no .. it’s not like that or anything. i just kinda figured it’d be easier and faster doing it by myself … blinks, his brows twitching as he takes note of the clear difference in liveliness between them his smile is really nice too … his mind starts to wander again, but he quickly catches himself and lets his eyes travel up emmet’s torso - heh it seems they had traveled on their own, back to his face; notes the offended look and roll of the eyes i mean, i doubt she’d as — his speech is so soft-spoken it almost sounds like he’s mumbling. either way, he’s silenced as emmet is called for. his eyes trail after him, his fingers lightly pinching his earlobe as he decides to go back to reading. it’s not like he’s coming back anyway, right?

glances at the dish that appears on the table before looking up at emmet with a puzzled expression uh, i didn’t ord — oh. blinks, staring at emmet a little before letting his eyes follow the direction of his thumb. he leans over to the side a little to get a better view of his mother uh, yeah, sure. god i was afraid you’d say that … um i … fiddles with his earlobe, looking everywhere but at emmet as he feels a little uncomfortable and pressured i mean what am i supposed to say .. i really don’t want to. it’d be so much easier and less complicated if i’d just get it over with by myself, but what am i supposed to do … ugh, this sucks … i mean .. it’s really not that big of a deal and it’s not like the project is anything serious. like, it’s not even a project that needs to be in groups so — he glances back at emmet and he frowns a little, realizing that he’s probably not going to get off the hook with this one you know i don’t really have any hangout spots except for here. so, i wouldn’t be able to tell you where to meet up or anything … he averts emmet’s gaze, his body feeling much like a melting clock at this point

.finds himself needing to strain a bit to hear the soft spoken words, but otherwise refrains from leaning too closely, absently noticing the way piper's fingers fiddle with his ears ) your welcome ~ .chuckles lightly as he leans against the empty table next to him ) well if it wasn't such a big deal then why was i assigned your partner hm? .shrugs slightly and notices the frown but perks up at the open ended statement ) jeez does he really not want me around that much? for the sake of the project though! well, when i get off my shift at seven, it's still considerably busy here, unfortunately. but you can come to my house if you want - unless you'd prefer the library but i'm not so sure what time the library closes at... .picks up the dish he just dropped off and motions to the back again ) why don't you decide and i'll pack this up? .doesn't really wait for a response as he swiftly moves to the back to put the dish into a takeout container and returns to the table, suddenly feeling a bit bad for seeming to pressure piper ) its not like i'm bullying him right? so it should be fine~ have you come upon a decision yet? .pipes up as his eyes land on the books that piper was reading, curiously, before returning his gaze to piper )

ayisosm's Wife

i mean how am i supposed to know? i don't really get it either ... uh ... parting his lips as if to speak, they're shut immediately as the idea of going over emmet's house, a person's house for that matter, dawns on him and, ultimately, sparking the nerves. as emmet starts to walk off, he quickly takes the opportunity to search the library hours on his phone; his eyes scan the screen it closes at eight but by the time we'd leave and get there ... uh, huh, what? looks up at emmet, slightly startled - not because of his sudden reappearance but more so to the fact that he's internally freaking out uh ... swallows, his thumbs resting on the screen of his phone what am i supposed to do .. why's he's so persistent about this stupid project like seriously ... truthfully, he's wishing he could become one with the booth, letting it swallow him whole, but he expels a heavy sigh, as if admitting defeat well, the library closes at eight and there's no way we'd make it from here to there in time so, um, i guess .. your house .. works .. his fingers go back to absentmindedly fiddling with his lobe, his over all exterior pretty dismissive; internally feeling like he's being chewed and spit out

emmetemmetemmetxxx ₀₁ ██ : slightly interested.________ ₀₂ ██ : nada.

.places the takeout onto the table, curiously wondering what's going on in piper's head and lets his mouth form into an "o" ) that's too bad, but my house should be okay. it's only my mom and sister, so hopefully there won't be too many distractions. .picks up any empty finished dishware from piper's table and gives him a grin, feeling accomplished ) hey, thanks for letting me work on it for you ~ .perks his head up when customers begin to walk in as if on cue, sighing as he knows he needs to go back to work ) it's not due immediately, so is tomorrow at 7ish good? here... .pulls out his pen and tears out a piece from his pad of paper, quickly scribbling down his cell phone number and address ) if things come up feel free to send me a text, don't go finishing the project without me though ~

ayisosm's Wife

PIPER ▇▇ ⁰¹ stressed x x x x ▇▇ ⁰² uh … no P I P E R ( ! ) let's get lost ×tonight

only his mom and sister .. no dad then, huh? his eyes bounce around from the dish, to emmet's hand, to emmet's face and -- he quickly looks elsewhere as soon as he's greeted by that smitten grin um .. yeah, no problem, i guess. nods slowly and almost robotically in his movement as he suddenly feels really tense. nonetheless, his brows perk and he lets his eyes drift in the direction of emmet's - noting the customers flooding in and as he hears the shift in emmet's movements, he realizes their conversation has come to an end seven ish, to like .. meet up here, right .. he pointed to the table, but really gestured the shop as a whole before he looked down to see what emmet was writing ha, not happening oh, sure thing .. thanks. heh, even i can see this is a clear opportunity to procrastinate a little more, but uh -- you should probably go back to work now please, take the hint and just let me leave as soon as emmet starts to work again, piper folds his arms over the table and buries his face in his arms; taking a few minutes to let everything settle before sighing and gathering up his things. as he's about to get up, he realizes he'd almost forgotten the piece of paper and he stares at it with a frown, looking at it as such a bothersome thing and yet he rips a piece of it and digs into his bag for a pencil. he begins to write and leaves a note along with the usual tip that says, "thanks for the treat." stuffing his bag with his book, the paper into his pocket, and the to-go bag in hand - he unnoticeably makes his way out of the bustling shop

mhm, nice meeting you. hopefully i didn't scare you away haaa. .gives a slight nod and smile before going off to greet the customers, swiftly showing them to their seats before returning to the table piper was at to clean ) oh? .picks up the money and smiles at the note, stuffing it into the pocket of his black jeans ) why did i expect him to disappear without a trace? .hums softly and glances out the shop front in thought, figuring out that he actually thinks piper's a mystery ) strange.

-

emilia: what are you doing. (/peers in from the bedroom doorway)

i'm cleaning? .leans back to see his 12 year old sister at the door from his position in the closet ) i think?

emilia: you never clean unless its an absolute mess. (/raises a brow, hands on her hips) plus you just got back from work. you're suppose to bring back dinner! (/pouts)

well, piper's coming over today. we have that project to work on. sorry emi, have my leftovers from yesterday in the fridge. should be good still. .stuffs the rest of the clothing into the closet, fixes his beanie so most of his hair was hidden, and slips into a loose baggy tee to match his sweats . ) why are you still here?

emilia: you never clean your room for your other friends! (/teases playfully, tilting her head) who's piper?

mmm, a classmate, and he frequents the restaurant a lot. .shrugs slightly, pushing his glasses up as he shoos emilia out of the room. ) come on i'll heat up the dinner. i wonder if he'll show up...

ayisosm's Wife

PIPER ▇▇ ⁰¹ stressed x x x x ▇▇ ⁰² uh … no P I P E R ( ! ) let's get lost ×tonight

raaj: oh, piper -- you're home. anne! piper's home ( / closes the door behind piper while taking a bite out of the grape leave )

yeah .. i'm home. hi, raaj. barely looks at the indian man as he brushes past him, frowning a little when his mother's called. he completely avoids her direction by immediately going into his work area - that is embellished with both finished and unfinished works of pottery and sculptures, a pottery wheel and an array of art books scattered about the small area

mom: piper! piper .. hey, hey, hey -- ( / pulls piper back, gripping his forearm as she stares at him with knitted brows ) what's the matter with you? don't just walk passed me, avoid me. don't come in here like that ( / shakes her head, sighing and smacking her lips - piper merely keeps his eyes downcast - as she lets go of his arm and looks around the, expectedly, messy space ) so, did you eat something? there's food.

i ate so -- what are you doing? leans back a little as his mother suddenly draws her face close to his, staring into his eyes intently um ... mom this is kind of .. weird could you not ...

mom: you seem stressed out, are you stressed out? your energy's all over the place and you can't be like that, i can't have your aura doing these crazy things ( / shakes her head, her thumb pressed to her lip as she glances him up and down )

oh god, not this again. mom, it's cool that you're into all of this .. stuff .. spiritual stuff, but there's nothing going on with my "aura" or "chi" or whatever you're always talking about. now, please, i just really want to get back to work and -- is silenced immediately as his mother gives him a light peck to his forehead, rubbing the back of his head and when she pulls away she offers a smile that could only be described as a mother's glow

mom: alright, i get it, i get it. i'll leave you alone in your space. they're coming out beautifully by the way, the china ( / she takes a sip of her tea, glancing round the space once more before turning and exiting into the hall )

his eyes trail after his mother's figure, sighing as his hands rest at his neck and he rolls - hoping to loosen the tension as he walks over to some assorted plates, bowls, and teacups; he sits on the tiled floor, taking a teacup in hand as he begins to paint it, losing himself in his wandering thoughts this is so lame ... i can't even get him out of my head and this time it's not even for a good reason. why ... why did he have to notice me? especially now? it's kind of late in the game man. i just want to touch you and marvel at your awesome body and awesome face and just make something beautiful ... not this dumb project ... ugh, whatever, focus ... focus

--

yawns, rubbing his eye with the ball of his hand as he comes to a stop on his bike - leaning over as he presses for the crosswalk. while waiting, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the paper; he reads the address mm, i should be pretty close right now. ugh, god, why did i even agree to this, why am i even pulling through with this? i could've just bailed and finished the plate ... what a pain ... rides for a few more minutes before coming to a stop, hopping off the bike, his eyes skimming over the home mm, let's see 422 -- yup, this is definitely it. stares at the home a little more, sighing and frowning a bit as he can feel the pressure rising. he leaves his bike lying down on the ground as he hesitantly walks up to the door. he runs a hand through his hair, staring down at his mistreated white tank - complete with clay and paint stains, his cuffed-jeans ripped, and his keds long overdue. over all, he was pretty sure he was not presentable; he knocks on the door please, just don't be home or something ...

can you stop? .grumbles as he finishes his dinner, placing the dishes away into the sink and noticing the fake innocent look on emilia's face that says "stop what?" ) that look.

emilia: is piper good looking? is he cute? (/asks with a shameless grin on her face, putting her dishes away too)

.sighs, knowing that she would ask this question as she has in the past ) he's good looking, i guess. kind of a wallflower though. rarely noticeable, but i think he likes to keep himself that way. i think he might of wanted to murder me when i asked if we could work on the project. .chuckles and washes their dishes as emilia puts them away )

emilia: maybe you shouldn't dress like a scrub - maybe then he'll like you more. (/points at emmet's beanie) and take off that hat. you're in the house.

ugh but my hair... why is everyone on my case about hats.. .mumbles as he reluctantly takes his usual beanie off, running his hand through his wavy hair, untied. ) i need to cut it.

emilia: no no no no! (/grabs emmet's arm with a serious look on her face) what am i going to straighten with my straightening iron when i'm bored?!

oh god, someone please save me - .shuts the water faucet off and dries his hand, suddenly hearing the knocks on the front door ) thank you. .mutters under his breath as he moves to the door, opening it and peering through before smiling and opening the door wider ) ah, piper! i was actually afraid you've gone off and done the project without me. .feeling considerably grateful for some reason ) come in, sorry it's a small house, we try to keep it neat but most of us are pretty busy often. .allows piper in and manages to get a look at piper's outfit, glad he himself isn't overly under dressed ) hard at work it seems? .grins as he motions to the rest of the house ) first floor is just a living room, kitchen and washroom. if you want, we could work in the living room but my sister might be watching tv - speak of the devil. .grumbles the last part as emilia bounds in cheerfully )

emilia: hi! piper right? i'm emilia, my stupid brother never introduces me - (/ignores emmet's offended look of "what? i always do!" ) wow! are you an artist of some sort?

emilia, please. .attempts to shoo her off into the living room but fails miserably ) sorry about emi, she likes hitting on my friends.

emilia: i do not! (/pouts with her arms crossed before smiling brightly) you are good looking though! em wasn't lying! (/chuckles as she flees into the living room, successful attempt at embarrassing emmet)

anyway, upstairs? .motions to the stairs where his bedroom is located with one hand, the other running through his untamed hair )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff