fillerfillerfillerfillerfillerbryce william sullivan

thirty the bounty hunter indian red bryce inconsiderate obscene determined

Wheezing Codger

User Image

fillerfillerfillerfillerfillermelanie lynette english

twenty eight the bounty slategray mel serious stubborn relentless
    User Image

BRYCE SULLIVANaudrellieae

Bryce Sullivan had accomplished a lot in his relatively short life. He had become a well - respected police officer and married a wonderful woman by the time he was twenty - five. He had continued with this trend, just in a less admirable way. Before he was thirty, Bryce managed to get himself kicked off of the force and divorced. He wasn't Officer Sullivan anymore and he had lost his badge. His wedding band was noticeably absent on his hand and he did not regret a single moment of his life. Or so he claimed. Bryce could endure anything, so long as he wouldn't have to acknowledge the gravity of it. At this moment, he was lying fast asleep on a leather couch where patches of stuffing showed in a room that smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and he would not have had it any other way. This was Jack's 'office,' a dingy room in an equally dingy building where he supplied bounty hunters, such as Bryce, with jobs. In this economy, foul - mouthed men were not exactly in demand, especially the ones who still carried guns and liked to pretend they were still cops when they had been fired long ago. It wasn't all bad; it suited him just fine. Bryce intended to collect his couple hundred for catching yet another bail - jumping idiot before he left and it made use of his previous work experience. Even now, his cop reflexes were very much intact. As the sound of heavy footsteps came plodding down the hallway, Bryce awoke with a start, his hand already patting his pocket for a gun. By the time Jack came in, Bryce was wide awake and ready to collect two hundred and go.

The aging, portly man greeted Bryce with an wheezing boom as he lit up yet another cigarette, "Sullivan, my man!" He offered Bryce a cigarette and Bryce took one without lighting it up. This was strictly business to Bryce. "About th - " he started. Jack's face darkened before he said offhandedly, "Good work, Sullivan. Wrong guy, though." Bryce gaped. 'Wrong guy?' Bryce was a cop, for heaven's sake. He did not make foolish amateur mistakes like that. The stupid man had made a run for it, anyway, and the people at the station had congratulated him. He was counting on the meager reward. Since the divorce, it had been difficult to make ends meet and this month's rent wasn't free. Nor last month's, for that matter. Bryce sputtered angrily, "But I brought his a** to jail. That should count for something." But the fat man before him shook his head gravely. He puffed smoke without saying anything and Bryce implored, "At least give me another gig." It killed him to do this; Bryce didn't like to plead. He also didn't like eviction notices. He studied Jack's face as the man mulled it over. It was a long while before he said slowly, "Well, I have one for a Melanie English . . . " Melanie English. He was far more used to hearing Melanie Sullivan but this was, "Mel?" He was incredulous. What on earth did she have to skip bail for? Jack was less concerned about this than Bryce. "Oh s**t, I'm sorry," he said quickly, suddenly realizing his mistake, "I - I'll just give it to someone else." Oh no he wasn't. Bryce needed this, he wanted it badly. "No, I'll take it," he demanded, "How much is it?" He would have settled for a couple hundred - no, he would have taken his wife to jail for free. Jack raised his eyebrow as he said, as though this was of no importance, "Five grand." Five ******** grand. Bryce roared with laughter at this point. Arrest the ex for five thousand? With pleasure.

e f

Now, it was late in the afternoon and if Bryce and Melanie were still married, Bryce would be expecting a phone call asking what he wanted for dinner tonight. But that never happened because Melanie was a stubborn lady and she was neither a housewife or a trophy wife. To put it bluntly, the marriage had been a miserable failure and Bryce wanted his house - and his life - back, not that this casual life as a bachelor wasn't bad. Oh no, Bryce would never admit defeat or conceded to Melanie being better in any way. He would be the last person to acknowledge that this lifestyle was less gratifying. "Bounty hunter" was just half a step below from "Officer" in his book, anyway. Even so, he was parked a ways down from his former home right now, keeping an eye out for his ex - wife and only glad that they hadn't had kids or he probably wouldn't even own a vehicle. And he would have the pay for child support, hard earned money that he suspected would only end up in Melanie's very well - stocked wardrobe. Instead, he was about to get five thousand for turning her in. What had the woman done anyway? Melanie, as he remembered, was a very serious law abiding citizen who played the game by the rulebook. And now, she was about to be carted off to jail. It didn't make much sense but Bryce would take it anyway. He couldn't wait to gloat.

He did not have to wait for long. She appeared soon and Bryce took her arrival as a cue to exit his car. He followed her up to the doorstep quietly. "Hello Mel, fancy meeting you here," he said nonchalantly, pleasantly as though it their sudden meeting was by pure chance. Their last meeting had not been half as peaceful. The look on her face was beautiful. He did not regret getting kicked off the force. This was the best job ever. "What have you been upto?" Bryce said conversationally, basking in the awkwardness, "I've been working. In fact, I've got to take you to jail." At this point, Bryce could not hold back a chuckle but he was dead serious. He was carting her off to the nearest police station, like it or not. But this was almost too easy. The usual frisky bail - jumping fool usually took off running the moment Bryce tapped them on the shoulder. Even the last person he had taken to jail had, and that guy had an absolutely spotless record. "Shall we?" Bryce said, gesturing towards his car. He placed his hand on the small of her back and coaxed her towards it. Bryce was savoring this far too much. If "torturing Melanie English" had been on the job description, he would have left the force willingly long ago for this. "You just tell me if you want to make a break for it. I'll give you a ten second head start," Bryce said casually. Five thousand dollars had never been this easy to earn.

Wheezing Codger

User Image

fillerfillerfillrdon't know what do anymore.
i've lost the only love worth fighting for.
fillerfillerfillri'll drown in my tear storming sea.
that would show you, that would make you hurt like me.

fillerfillefillris there a chance?
a fragment at the end of the tunnel?
fillerfillefillra reason to fight?
is there a chance you might change your mind? or are we ashes and wine?

If there was anything Mel’s stubborn personality led to, it had to be the fact that she was great at her job. The fact that she never gave up on a lead, even if it had gotten her brought in to city hall last month for ‘disturbing the peace’, probably meant she was an asset to have on any reporting staff. Besides she didn’t really disturb the peace because what kind of peace did a big city have in the first place? She had really just verbally attacked a police officer and brought his ego down a few notches. And Melanie should’ve learned from being married for as long as she had that attacking a man’s ego was never wise; it usually ended up in fights. In this case, it meant that the officer had carted her off to city hall to be booked. And when she couldn’t make bail she’d spent her first night in jail ever in her life. She could distinctly remember this never happening when she had been married to a police officer herself. Of course, those times were far behind her.

And the time when she’d been in jail was far behind her as well. After she’d gotten a bond office to post her bail, she’d gotten off scot free (besides some memories of roaches crawling on the floor) and had gone back to her job. Being the freelance reporter she was, Melanie had submersed all of her free time in following a lead about there being some sort of cover up going on in the local precinct with a murder case. Melanie was a realist, and wasn’t sure if she believed that, but she also liked the fact that if the story went big and she had all of the evidence on it, she’d be the one getting the pay off. Despite the fact that she’d be getting a butt load of money from the story, Melanie also liked chasing down her leads. There was always the need of adventure in the back of head. Maybe that’s why she’d never liked being tied down when she’d been married. As much as she’d fallen hard for Bryce and that she’d had some pretty great moments while married to him, she couldn’t help but admit that maybe things had been better when she’d kept him chasing after her. Dating had just been better between them. After a while, with Bryce’s constant working and the fact that she tried to limit herself to working at home, things had gotten boring. And Melanie didn’t do well with boring relationships so it had led to the demise in her relationship with Bryce. Something that she hadn’t been looking forward to, but in all honesty, she had seen coming.

As Melanie pulled up to her house and turned the car off, she lingered inside, pushing her sunglasses up onto her head. The day had been more than she could handle with leads that were going nowhere. She’d followed each and every one but had gotten nowhere and had only ended up frustrated quick. As she got out of the car, her bag slung over her shoulder, she was distracted by the cell phone ringing. Stopping short, she dug her phone out of her bag and opened it, talking to the editor she was currently writing for in short, angry bursts. As she approached her home, talking angrily to the man on the phone and digging her keys from her bag, she was oblivious to the world around her. That was, until she heard a familiar voice. Mel turned quickly, her eyes growing wide at the man beside her. “I’m going to have to call you back, Ed.” She closed the phone, dropping it in her back. Licking her bottom lip, she raised an eyebrow and sighed. “Yeah… at my house. You do remember I got it in the settlement, right?” she asked, her voice full of sarcasm. Ever since they’d settled everything, there had been nothing but a fight between them, mostly because the majority of Bryce’s belongings were still inside the house and Mel refused to let him inside out of spite. “I’ve been working… Wait.. Jail?” Quickly Melanie thought of the date. s**t. Her court date had been at least a week ago. But she’d been following an important lead and court had been the last thing on her mind. So unimportant that she’d missed it and now her ex was here to cart her off. Some bounty hunter he was taking a case with his ex wife’s name on it.

When that smirk came on his lips she frowned, placing her hands on her hips. “Now… why would I run from you, sweetie? Despite the fact that I hate your guts..” She rolled her eyes and continued fishing around in her bag. When her hands wrapped around her house keys she looked up at Bryce and in one quick move she unlocked the house and dove inside, slamming the door shut and locking the deadbolt behind her. Melanie kept a bag in the coat closet, just in case she ever had to run from the mob or someone was trying to kill her. She’d never thought she’d be running from Bryce. But now, she grabbed the bag, tossing it over her shoulder as she slipped out the back door. As she crept around the house she kept a wary eye out for Bryce. She was not going to let him take her to jail. No. That would just make him too happy. Quietly, she opened the passenger’s side door of her car and slipped inside, trying her hardest not to make a sound. It wasn’t until she’d cranked the car did she pop up and send a wave in Bryce’s direction.

Since Melanie was too busy trying to gloat and rub in the fact that she had indeed gotten away from him, she barely noticed the fact that her foot had slammed down on the gas enough to send her flying backwards into not only a group of trashcans behind, but a street sign. She found herself leaning against the steering wheel. Mel had barely enough time to recover before she noticed Bryce walking toward her, that smirk still on his face. As she tried to roll down the window down, she grew annoyed when she realized that it didn’t work. Melanie groaned and opened the door. “Oh come on. I’m potentially injured here… Give me a break.”

User Image

Now this was more like it. Mel was quick and Bryce didn't even have time to lodge his foot between the door and its frame. He was unfazed but he still banged on her wooden door for good measure, if only to get on her nerves. She'd have to come out sooner or later. Knowing Mel, she couldn't stand to be cooped up inside the house for long. Plus, it wasn't like he didn't know how to get into the house. He had lived here, after all. They should have done a prenuptial agreement but it was a little late now. Instead, he leaned against the side of her house patiently and began whistling a taunting tune. the moment she came out, Bryce would be waiting for her. This was too good a chance to waste. Bryce crossed his arms, his elbow knocking into her doorbell purposely. He could hear the rings echoing through the house, even outside. He saw the elderly woman next door poke her head from between the window curtains and Bryce smiled reassuringly at her. He couldn't even remember her name; it had been so long. But everything was fine, going accordingly to the plan, actually. Bryce was well versed in the numerous ways of annoying Melanie and he expected her out of her house in a moment or two in a rage. He was right but somehow, he was caught unprepared anyway. A car engine roared to life behind him and Bryce turned around swiftly, hoping for Mel's sake it was a neighbor but somehow, she had managed to get into her car and now she had the never to be waving at him. That sneak! Bryce scowled, already digging furiously in his pockets for his car keys. She was not getting away, not under his watch. He had already started towards his car when he heard a grating sound. Suddenly, there was a crash and a crushing sound as a million assorted things splayed across the ground. That idiot!

Bryce returned her wave from the sidewalk, grinning complacently as she slammed the gas pedal. Three trashcans were crushed. Bryce thought ruefully for a second that her rear end would only skin the street sign. He shouldn't have to hop into his own car and pursue her, not that he minded. He just would have preferred her destroying her own car. But soon, he was whistling skeptically at the damage done to the back of the car, much to his pleasure and amusement. Her bumper was practically dangling from one end. He thought he could see her license plate scattered amongst the trash somewhere. The woman next door had now opened her door and was starting down her lawn to aid Mel but Bryce, hardly able to contain himself, shouted in the concerned husband voice he hadn't used in so long, "Don't worry, I'll take care of her!" Indeed he would. They'd take care of her at the police station. Bryce wouldn't have been surprised if she had been arrested for reckless driving but now he broke down laughing as her neighbor retreated reluctantly back into her house. Down at the station, he had heard the most insane stories that went along with traffic tickets, if not worse. And old woman running down her very own grandson, a man who drove down the road with the doors open because he claimed it was too hot, a lady who had stopped the car in the middle of the street because she thought she had run over a pigeon, and many other ridiculous things. This story was just as good, seeing this was Mel and never had he heard of someone who was not a high profile criminal on the run or a car thief running backwards into a street sign because they were too busy gloating. Now this was why he loved Melanie English.

Bryce approached the car, smirking and unconcerned with her health. He always knew that those scratches and small dents on his cars weren't his fault as she had always claimed. He had never drove backwards into a street sign, crushing a group trash cans in the process. And it wouldn't have mattered if he had. The common citizen would be outraged but it was only the truth that policemen often let their fellow cops off without so much as a slap on the wrist. It still worked now if he ran into a cop from a different city. He still had a badge. And he supposed Melanie had benefited from his job as well with the way her pathetic attempt of an escape had gone. It was nice knowing that she had lost a few benefits since their separation. Such as the use of her car window. "Oh, poor baby," he said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. He wasn't fooled. She wasn't injured at all. She was talking, wasn't she? "And whose fault is that?" he said, grabbing her arm a bit roughly as she opened the car door. He loved to rub things in as much as she did, if not more. Probably more. Bryce was quite insensitive to whatever feelings she had so he had to gloat, "You're probably getting arrested for that too." It wasn't "spend the night in prison" worthy but he was still enjoying her carelessness. And oh? She wanted a break. So soon? Bryce expected her to endure his apparently insufferable presence for a few more seconds before she completely lost patience with his behavior. Or perhaps he had just misinterpreted. Either way, he began counting. "Ten... nine... eight... Take it or leave it," he said patiently. It was all a game to him. "Seven... six... five... "

Wheezing Codger

User Image

fillerfillerfillrdon't know what do anymore.
                  i've lost the only love worth fighting for.
                  fillerfillerfillri'll drown in my tear storming sea.
                  that would show you, that would make you hurt like me.

fillerfillefillris there a chance?
                  a fragment at the end of the tunnel?
                  fillerfillefillra reason to fight?
                  is there a chance you might change your mind? or are we ashes and wine?

Everything was going wrong. She was not supposed to be getting carted off to jail by her ex husband. Carefully, Melanie climbed out of the car, using the top to pull herself up. She was trying her best to pretend as if her injuries were legitimate and serious; of course Bryce wasn’t taking the bait. Nothing hurt, besides her ego. That was deflated grandly. If Bryce really took her to jail that would just be a slap to the face. Keeping her distance, she grabbed her bag from inside the car and began to step toward the back of the car. “Bryce, is this really necessary? Can’t I just apologize to the judge for missing my court date and pay… something? Come on, you don’t really have to take me to jail do you?” She raised an eyebrow, something of a smile on her face as she looked at him hopefully. It wasn’t until he began to count did she realize that Bryce wasn’t letting up. “I hate you…” she muttered, turning and making a run for it down the street. She could only imagine what her neighbors thought when they saw her running down the neighborhood street with her husband chasing behind her. Well, that Sullivan couple always did have problems.

Thirty minutes later, Mel found herself in the backseat of Bryce’s car with her arms crossed along her chest. Not to mention she was handcuffed to the door. She looked down at the grass stains on her white pants and sighed. “Did you really have to tackle me? I know that might have been the closest to bedroom action that you're getting, but these pants were new…” she groaned and tried to get comfortable, but found it rather hard with the cuff on one hand. She really didn’t think this was all necessary. He was treating her as if she was hostile or something. So what if she’d ran away a few times. He would’ve done the same exact thing. She sighed, glancing up at him in the rearview mirror. “Can you at least turn on the air conditioning? It’s eighty degrees…”

If Melanie was going to have to deal with Bryce then she was determined to make his life hell. Or at least the trip. Bryce had to take her to the police station where she’d caused the trouble, and since she’d ‘disturbed the peace’ at least three hours away and not in her own city she knew that the two were in for a ride together. She would rather be anywhere but in the backseat of his car sweating off all her makeup but it seemed that she was stuck that way. She’d already asked three times if she could stop and pee but he’d ignored her. And even though she was seriously hungry, she figured that asking for a snack break was out of the question. As they continued to pass more and more rest stops, Mel stared at them with longing. At least if she could get out of the car it would be better. Getting to her bag would offer some sort of help. It was where her cell phone was, and maybe something heavy that she could hit Bryce with. She wasn’t all for violence, but if it offered her a means to get away from the situation then she’d take any out she could get.

With the sounds of the radio playing and Bryce drumming on the steering wheel, Mel was sure she was about to lose her mind. Really, could he be any more annoying? She wasn’t exactly sure when she’d grown to feel about him this way, especially when at one point she’d been so in love with him. It just seemed that between her trying to write about everything in the world and Bryce losing his job the romance had been lost. Mel had found it hard to move on, mostly evidenced with the fact that she had focused all of her energy on her job. She’d suffered through a divorce by telling herself that she hated Bryce and it seemed to make everything easier for her. Leaning back in her seat, she rubbed her head, feeling the headache coming on. She looked toward Bryce and sighed. Maybe she could get him to stop, or continue to irritate him. Either way it seemed like a win win situation in her book. She leaned over, clutching her stomach as she groaned. Men usually didn’t like to deal with anything that had to do with a menstrual, so why not pretend to be suffering from that? “Bryce… you really should stop…” she groaned, pretending the best that she could.

ooc; hey if you don't like this time skip then feel free to tell me. i just didn't know what else to do. and sorry about the length... i got stuck and starting going in circles. >>

User Image

Well, this was really rather enjoyable. Alright, it was also pretty hot and tedious but Bryce liked to think he earned his money through hard work, If he had to drag Mel into the station kicking and screaming, then so be it. It hadn't come to that yet, though. They were far from their destination, though but to be honest, Bryce was relieved he didn't have to ship Melanie to the city police station. Bryce had completely disappeared from the force since being fired and he kept contact with only a few select officers. Noble as his profession was, he could only imagine what his former coworkers would say about it. In the meantime, Bryce wasn't saying much at all. He had the radio cranked up high and his fingers were tapping in impatience during the traffic. He did his best to drown out Melanie's pleas for a bathroom break, only cranking up the radio higher each time she opened her mouth. It was a long drive and Bryce didn't want to deal with her tomorrow. And if anyone had to pee that badly, they would have done it already, whether they were handcuffed to their seat or not. She was just whining and she clearly couldn't stop.

Bryce snorted at her comment, trying to twist up the volume knob again but it wouldn't go any further and it wasn't even loud enough to drown out her complaining. "Just because you haven't been getting any," he lied deliberately just to shut her up, "doesn't mean I haven't." He caught her reaction in the mirror. Little did she know that he had moved on completely. New job, new girlfriend, new car, new... well, the first one was true, at least. And her problems weren't his problems anymore, except for her bail, of course but he had that one covered pretty well. Her new pants definitely weren't his problem or the fact that she was so out of shape that she had to blame her sweating on the weather. Sure, it was pretty warm but he wasn't complaining yet. Bryce rolled up the windows a bit higher, if only for defiance. It pretty stifling in the car, although considerably cooler from his seat beside the open window. But he wasn't going to waste any gas on her.

Now Melanie was pulling something else. There were groaning sounds coming from the backseat and Bryce was a little disturbed. She was holding her stomach and Bryce honestly couldn't tell if she needed to use the bathroom that badly or... Oh no. Not in his car. It wasn't the nicest vehicle in the world but he wasn't going to have blood on his seats along with all that other junk. "Why? Worried about your pants still?" he taunted, hoping that it was just another act she was putting on. Bryce was terrified of dealing with anything concerning that time of the month. It was only a matter of time before Mel went from whiny, though bearable, Mel turned into a hormonal she - devil. Bryce knew from experience, although he was no longer sure if that was how Mel actually was or just how he had made her out to be since their divorce. It had been a long time but the groaning persisted. "If you stain my seats... " Bryce threatened but he trailed off as he suddenly swerved to the nearest exit.

He pulled over to the nearest drug store and turned off the engine. Sighing, he unclipped his seatbelt, pondering what to do next. She was handcuffed to the car door and Bryce wanted to keep it that way. Then again, his pride wouldn't allow him to go into the store and face the cashier's face while he made the necessary purchases. "Aren't you supposed to have something with you?" he muttered irritably. He leaned over and grabbed her purse from the passenger seat. Ignoring her, he began going through it but it was futile. She had a cell phone, a wallet, keys, and a bunch of other meaningless things. "Can't you just use a band aid or something?" he said, as he came upon the item. Bryce sighed and gave in, exiting the car. He opened the back passenger seat, yanking on Melanie's arm as he did so. He tossed her bag into her lap carelessly. "I'm not paying for this," he said, frowning as he unshackled her from the door.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff