Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Conversationalist

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
She sighed softly "to bad for him then, I'm not much of a patient person. I'm respectful but I'm like him, I like things my way some times" she smirked a little and shook her head "this is gonna be fun..." She scratched Sasha's head again and looked out the window, silence falling between the two the rest of the way to the hotel.

Letty climbed out if the cab of the truck "it shouldn't take me to long. It's just my bag and canceling the room... Sasha stay here" she gave the dog an affectionate pat before smiling at mark and heading inside. She managed to get her things with out any issues but canceling the room wasn't easy. She had to call her dad and explain to him what was going on and promise to pay him back the cancelation fee and the fee for the room. By the time she got back in the truck she was livid and it was evident.

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
"Well that didn't go as smoothly as you had hoped, did it now?" Mark asked with a smile, trying to lighten the mood. "What happened in there that took so long? I was beginning to wonder if I should send in a search party for you for a bit there."

Mark then looked at his watch. "It's still early, and going to see my dad isn't really what you need right now, how about a tour of town?" he offered, hoping to cheer her up.

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
She reached her fingers through her hair and sighed softly "I owe my ad money now and he's not all to happy with me... There was a cancelation fee for the room and now I owe him that and how ever much the room was, and he isn't going to ship me my things now unles I find a way to pay for it myself. So I'm screwed... A tour of the town would be lovely, thank you. Maybe I can find a job down here to be able to cover my living and pay my stupid money greedy father back" she grumbled. Letty always hated that her father was so motivated and driven by money. If he saw an opertunity to make a few bucks he would. Something that Letty didn't enherrit, in fact she down right appalled it.

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
"I'm willing to wager that you and your dad don't get along, am I right?" Mark asked softly.

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
She nodded "he wanted a son, some one who wanted to take over the family business at least. But he got me..." She leaned her head in her hands and sighed softly "he's a jerk..."

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
"And, if I may ask, why can't YOU take over the family business? I don't see what gender has to do with it."

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
She smiled a little "gender doesn't. He just wanted a son. And I don't want to be a dentist. They have the highest suicide rate among all professions. Not interested. So he's not happy with me at all" she sighed softly and held Sasha "I feel bad, but I need my own life and he wasn't ok with that"

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Mark nodded slowly as he drove down the main street of the small town. It was hard to believe that a couple hours away was a big city. The town was like Mayberry from the old Andy Griffiths show.

"I never knew that," he finally commented after a moment of considering what she had told him. "Always figured Wall Street brokers to have the highest suicide rate."

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
She nodded "they probably are one of the highest. But they at least have more to do than state at teeth all day. It's mind numbing work being a dentist. All they do is stare and scrape teeth, to numbing for me." She reached for his hand and smiled softly at him "and so I'm here. Living my own life,"

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
"Well, there's only one place in town I know that's hiring," Mark said as he turned into the parking lot of a small diner and put the truck in park. They couldn't afford to give her a paying job at the ranch, not until this big bale order came through and they pulled themselves out of this hole, but with Letty to help him argue the point they needed to do things to add more income, he was hoping this would be the last time they had to worry about this.

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Letty squeezed his hand before sliding out if the truck and walking in to get an application. They wanted to interview her on the spot but it might take some one. She walked out to the truck and tapped on Marks window "they asked me for an interview, do you want to come in and wait with me?" She was hoping he'd say yes, things like that made her nervious for some reason.

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
"No problem," he replied with a warm smile. He rolled down the windows of the truck for Sasha and reached behind his seat. "Sasha comes with me a lot of places, and I know Helen, she works here, wouldn't mind me bringing in Sasha, but Martha, that's the cook, she's a real hoot, would have a fit if I bring Sasha in there. Sorry about your dad, but he's cut from the same cloth my dad is, so it sounds like. Must be something to do with that generation. But he'll come around, eventually Letty." Mark promised her as he followed her into the diner, placing a large hand on her shoulder.

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Letty nodded "it's fine... As long as I succeed" she walked in to the dinner with him and sat, waiting for the manager to come to there meeting. The lady introduced herself as Helen. She smiled softly and stood, walking with her to a back table where they had there interview.

When it was finished she smiled happily and walked back to Mark "she said I can start tomorrow. Isn't that wonderful?" She was happy that she had her job and a way of some kind of income now that she was out in her own.

Interesting Hunter

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Mark smiled and nodded, glad that something was going right with Letty. He knew it was important that she get her father paid off so that she could keep living her own life. Mark only knew his ranch and he didn't feel forced to follow that life, it was all he knew.

Mark climbed back in his truck, rubbing Sasha's ears who was excited to see them getting in the cab of the truck. "Well, that's one less thing your going to have to worry about. I'll introduce you to the other hands on the ranch," he smiled as he started the truck. "And I'll finish introducing you to the horses too, you can see which ones will be good for you to start teaching with."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff