Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arthur's arms curled protectively around Trinity as she changed into a human. Her legs were beautiful...

With his own legs already painfully formed, Arthur gently lifted Trinity to her new feet. Somehow, they were both clothed, with Arthur wearing a pair of dark brown pants, boots, and a white shirt. Trinity was wearing a torn white skirt and corset. The bulge in her stomach was gone. The children had not survived.

Arthur closed his eyes tight, fighting the tears, then slowly put his arm around her to help her stand.

Lazy Nymph

xxxxxxxtrinity
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx f i g h t i n g | t o | t h e | e n d

Trinity blindly clutched at Arthur as she changed. But once the pain was over and she was on her feet, the first thing she did was look at her stomach. She placed a gentle hand where the children should be and a soft cry escaped her lips. She stood there a moment, trembling with sadness and anger. But when she looked up at Arthur, Trinity's eyes only showed determination.

She tried to take a step, but her knees shook and she stumbled. Trinity raised a brow to Arthur. "How do I work these things?" She wiggled her toes and if it had been any other circumstance, she would have giggled. But the feeling now was just alien to her. In this new human body, Trinity didn't know what to do.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Strangely enough, Arthur's brain seemed to remember how to work his legs, and he held onto her gently as she cried and trembled, feeling the hurt just as she did. "Work your legs one at a time," he said softly. "With me now."

He took one step, then gently took hold of her leg and moved it in the same manner. Feel the muscles working, and try it again." Another step, and he waited for her to do it on her own.

Lazy Nymph

xxxxxxxtrinity

Trinity bit her lower lip as Arthur moved her leg. With a deep breath she picked up her foot and moved a step forward. She wobbled slightly and then moved the other foot. This one a bit wobbly as well. She held in her breath and stepped again. This time she was less shaky, but not yet solid. She looked up at Arthur. "I think I can do this. The more we walk, the better I will be." She gave Arthur a small smile and reached out for his hand.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arthur grasped her hand tightly, holding her steady. "You did wonderful, my love," he said. "Come, we have to get to the King. I know the way, but the walk would take far too long. We need some horses..."

He looked around the destroyed area. The fighting had moved on to a new land. In its wake was nothing but charred buildings and bodies littered about the grass.

Gnashing his teeth, Arthur slowly led Trinity towards the ghost town. He spied his own house, the roof ripped off, littering wood and debris everywhere. It was a sight of horror, but Arthur didn't bat an eye. He had disowned his family long ago. Them and everything belonging to them were as foreign as anything else here.

As they made their way into the town square, Arthur heard snorting and panic coming from the stables. "There!" he said, pointing. "Let's go."

Lazy Nymph

xxxxxxxtrinity

Trinity held on tightly to Arthur's hand as he led her through the rubble. The town had been destroyed and it didn't seem like there was anything left. The destruction hung heavy on Trinity's heart, but there was something else there. She was also sort of happy about it. Now the humans would know what it was like to loose the people you love and your homes.

The animal sounds caught Trinity's attention as well. She looked where Arthur was pointing and nodded her head slightly. "Is riding a horse hard?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arthur shook his head. "It'll have saddles, so we'll be alright. Come on."

As they approached the stables, Arthur went into the first one and slowly began to calm the horse, then he attached a saddle onto its back. Then he led it out to Trinity. "Here..."

He helped her into the saddle. "Just hold onto the reigns and gently pull them to the right to turn the horse left. Pull them to the left to make the horse to right. To make it stop, say 'woah,' and to make it go, gently tap its sides with your heels."

He walked into the stable and brought out his own horse, gently climbing on it. "If you need help, but call to me." He reached out slowly, hoping to take her hand. "I won't leave your side. I promise."

Lazy Nymph

xxxxxxxtrinity

Trinity gently ran her hand over the horses neck, all the way to its shoulder. She then touched the saddle before Arthur helped her up. She adjusted on the saddle so that she could see Arthur as he walked away to get a horse for himself. While he was doing that, Trinity stroked the horses mane with soft fingers. She thought that it was truly a beautiful animal.

When Arthur returned, she wrapped her fingers around his offered hand. "I know you won't, love." She smiled gently at him and then released his hand. She grabbed the reins with both hands. "Where to now?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arthur squeezed her hand, then pointed. "We head northeast. This settlement lies on the very southwestern border of the country. The king's castle is in the center of his land, so that is where we must go. I have been there a few times, so I know the route.

With a sharp snap of the reins, the horses reared. Then they sped off towards the castle. Arthur kept tight to Trinity's side as they rode, making sure not to push her forward or leave her behind. But a grim determination had taken place of the usual gentleness of his eyes. He wasn't letting a sacrifice like the one Trinity had gone through go in vain.

Lazy Nymph

xxxxxxxtrinity

Trinity held the reins a bit tighter as they took off, she was ready for the force of the animal under her. Her knuckles turned white and she tried to keep the horse close to Arthur's. She wasn't sure that Arthur would be able to hear her, even if she shouted, so she turned her thoughts inward. She hoped that they would have enough time to get what they needed done. Trinity saw the look on Arthur's face and knew that he was thinking about the unborn children they just lost. With a soft sigh, she steeled her emotions and pushed the thoughts of the children from her mind. She knew that she would not be as strong as she needed to be if all she thought of was them. She needed to find that hard place that she had grown use to when she was out for vengeance.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
xxxxxxA R T H U R
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Arthur led Trinity across many roads and pathways, and by the end of the first day, they were almost to the kingdom. They had maybe an hour or so of riding left.

With good time made, he urged them both off of the road to rest for the night. He tied the horses to a random tree, allowing them to rest and graze. Then he lay down in the soft grass, sighing heavily. He looked up at Trinity, urging her to come lay with him. They would have to rest now and be up very early the next morning if they were going to make it by tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff