Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
This is a 1x1 Roleplay between Gentleman v7 and Awkward Cow.

You are welcome to read, but do NOT post.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Everyone in Arthur's family knew as soon as he was born that he was not like them.

From the time he was old enough to learn the ways of his family's business, he showed complete disinterest. Of course, he willingly took his classes, and he learned the ways of proper manners and social etiquette; however, his interest in the family's steel monopoly seemed to only decrease with time.

Arthur spent his time by the sea, gazing out over the waters and writing poetry on how the sun caught the waves, and how glorious the seagulls looked as they soared overhead. He wanted to be a writer, a position that his family looked on with a most aggressive hatred.

But what could they do? They lived the rich coastal town of New Marrian. Arthur would run back to the sea for sure...

Unless...

One day, as Arthur was writing by the beach, his two brothers attacked him. They welded locks onto his door and threw him in. They thought they could contain him by force. No longer would Arthur see the beach. He would be confined to his room until he inherited their fortune.

Meanwhile, the hunt for mermaids still continue. Ever since the King's son was turned into a merman by a mermaid's kiss, the King has waged war on the species, seeking to rid the entire world of them.

Now, there are reports that only one mermaid remains in existence, and they say she resides around New Marrian, searching for someone to help her repopulate the race of the merpeople...

Lazy Nymph

Trinity sat with her back to a large rock. Waves crashed over her tail as she gasped for air. They were everywhere. Humans. Angry, hateful humans. Trinity peeked around the rock and spotted a small fishing boat. In side of the small vessel, group of about five men sat. Harpoons held tightly in their hands. Trinity gritted her teeth as she slipped back under the water. She pushed against the rough currents of the tide with her long tail. Her scales, were a rich shade of violet. They were dark enough to help her blend with the water, but they were bright enough to sparkle in the sunlight.

Trinity swam under the small row boat and smacked the small hull with the end of her tail. She was not strong enough to flip the boat, but she was strong enough to get the attention of the fishermen. Once the boat rocked, Trinity dashed deeper into the water. The fishermen jumped. They began to hollar after Trinity. They then got excited about catching the last mermaid. But Trinity would not them win so easy. She would not be easy prey. Anger fueled her even more then it fueled the humans. They were all angry because someone told them to be, but she was angry all on her own. She had watched her people die one by one in an endless slaughter. Oh yeah, she was definitely angry.

Once she was a good distance away, she flipped around and watched the boat as it got closer. She raised her hand in the air and then quickly brought it down. A pod of dolphins swam up from the depths. As a group they collectively pushed the bottom side of the boat. This caused the vessel to over turn. With the hunters in the water, Trinity swam to them. But since a couple of them still had harpoons in their hands, she had to be careful. She grabbed a rather large looking man and pulled him away from the wreckage. In his hand he held a harpoon and tried to fire it at Trinity. But she saw the attack coming and dodged it. She grabbed the man by his scruffy hair and held him, so that he would drown and the last thing he woul remember was the way she enjoyed the sight of him drawing his last breath.

When the man stopped fighting, Trinity released him, she watched as he sank into the ocean. The dolphins began to click with their mouths and gained Trinity's attention. One of the dolphins had been impaled by a harpoon. She swam over and placed a gentle hand on the creature. The injured dolphin then turned and swam away. Trinity clicked her tounge against the roof of her mouth and called the rest of the dolphins to retreat. Once they all fled the scene, Trinity followed closely behind them. They had killed three of the fishermen. But two of them would escape this fight.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Arthur sat silently in his room, watching the gentle crash of the waves on the shoreline through his window. The sun was just beginning to set, and the brilliant rays caught the shining water. Sea gulls flew overhead, calling to each other as they circumvented the small shore.

He heard the locks on his door click, and there was a soft tapping of heels as his mother came in. "Arthur?" she said softly.

"Here, mother," he replied, looking back at her with solemn blue eyes. His sandy blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail, and he was wearing his traditional loose-fitting shirt with dark brown vest and pants with knee-length calf-skin boots.

His mother, a small woman with a completely oversized dress, came up to him and rested her hands gently on his shoulders. "My darling. Why do you sit there day in and day out? Have you nothing else with which to occupy your time?"

"Yes, mother," Arthur said simply, not taking his eyes off of the scenes outside.

Amelia sighed. "Did you finish your studies?"

"Yes, mother."

The woman huffed. "Well, we are off to the premiere. Try to be happy, my love. Remember, we are doing this because we love you. And once you are finished with your studies, you will inherit our millions! More money than you could ever dream of..."

She leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on Arthur's cheek.

"Yes, mother," was all he said.

Amelia turned gracefully and clicked her way out of the room, shutting the door softly. There were several sharp clicks as the locks were reset upon his door.

Arthur sat there for a few more minutes, listening to the sounds of his family leaving for the premiere, the sounds of their carriage slowly fading into the distance.

Another long few minutes of silence.

Then Arthur hopped up and walked quickly to his dresser, where he pulled out a dagger from underneath his many undergarments. Running quickly to the window, he pried the dagger's blade underneath the sill and pushed down hard. The window lock was pushed out of place by the blade, and Arthur smiled triumphantly before pulling up on the window and slipping out.

He dangled from his window, then dropped down onto the roof of their prominent two story house. Sliding down the roof, he flipped over its edge before sliding down one of the columns of the porch. Then he took running, pocketing the dagger and laughing to himself as he fled to the beach. The safety and freedom of the sea...

As soon as he reached the beach, he was greeted by a familiar cawing up ahead, and Neptune flapped down next to him, pecking at the ground around him.

Arthur sighed, then bent down to help the seagull with his food. He dug deeper into the sand, then pulled the small fish out. He always kept a stash of fish for Neptune in exchange for his services. With the fish eaten, Neptune flew off to Arthur's house to perch and watch for his family to return.

This was the understanding between Arthur and Neptune. In exchange for food, the seagull would keep a lookout. It was not easy to get the seagull to cooperate, but after a few years, they had finally achieved a mutual understanding.

Now Arthur made his way to a small hidden cove just on the otherside of the rock beds around the beach. Hidden inside was a small rowboat that he loved to take out onto the waves.

He pushed it out of the cove and into the open sea, then rowed out to where he was unidentifiable to anyone on shore.

Arthur took a deep breath, smelling the salty air and smiling. His tanned skin caught the setting sun's rays, warming up his body and creating that overwhelming sense of comfort he could only get from the sea.

Sighing happily, he lay down on the floor of his boat and fell asleep, listening to the churn of the waves and the caw of the gulls overhead.

Lazy Nymph

Trinity ran her fingers over the dolphins skin lightly. Anger seethed inside of her. Not only was she the last of her kind, they took to harming such a beautiful creature. Blood dripped from the wrap that Trinity had applied to the dolphins wound. Gently Trinity placed a small kiss on the nose of the creature. The dolphin was dying, it did not even have the strength to make it home on it's own. Knowing what needed to be done, Trinity got to work.

Before she could set off, she needed to pack the wound so that she did not bring sharks to the rest of the pod. Trinity molded some very soft mud and some under sea herbs. She pressed it into the wound and the dolphin flinched in pain. A soft sigh escaped the mermaids lips as removed her hands from the creature. Trinity then grabbed a seaweed that was woven into a strong rope. She tied one end to the dolphins back fin and the other end to her waist. Patting the dolphin, she kissed the dolphins nose before swimming to the pod that this creature called home.

The swim was uneventful, which is just what Trinity wanted. The dolphin was in enough pain and it didn't need anything else to go wrong. When she approached the pod, she clicked her teeth a few times, calling out to the whole pod. Almost instantly, dolphins swam up to her from every direction. One of the creatures swam over and nuzzled the injured dolphins head. Trinity was touched by the action and began to cry. Though she was under water, the tears were just as real, even if they were not seen.

Trinity untied the rope from herself and the dolphin. The injured dolphin began to sink in the water. his life force was very quickly fading away. Other members of the pod swam under the creature and carried him away. Trinity watched with sadness. A couple of the dolphins had swam up to Trinity and rubbed their noses on Trinity's hand. They were offering their thanks for returning one of their own. With the dolphins swimming away in one pod, she herself left. She swam for a while. Seemingly going nowhere.

Trinity stopped when a shadow crossed over her. She looked up and saw a small boat. She was instantly consumed by anger. She wanted to climb up in that boat and kill whatever human was there. So she quietly lifted her head from the water and placed her hands on the side of the boat. She lifted herself up and looked at the man laying in the boat. Her father's voice spoke in her head. It was a memory though. He had died weeks ago. 'Judge not all humans equally.'

Trinity didn't know why, but her fathers words lingered in her mind. Maybe he was right. After all, this man did not even posses a fishing rod. He was simply sleeping on the waves. Much like she even wood, except the boat. Trinity climbed up into the man's boat and gently as she could she wrapped her tail behind herself and watched the human sleep. She wasn't sure she had it in her to hurt someone so defenseless.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
It was not long before Arthur's eyes fluttered open to the sound of the waves rocking his boat. He stirred, then stretched and yawned before sitting up slowly, his hands covering his face. He rubbed his eyes, then blinked several times, staring at the floor his boat. When he got his focus back, then looked up. There he saw a beautiful mermaid with a violet tail. Just watching him.

He gasped loudly, scrambling back as far as he could. "You...you're...!" he stammered out, unable to form words at the moment. "The..th-th-the...the last mermaid!" he whispered, half out of excitement, and half out of fear.

"I...please...don't be alarmed." He quickly held his hands up in innocence. "I don't want to kill you. Please. Don't...don't hurt me..."

He suddenly grew very afraid. Had she come to kill him? To wipe him out in order to prove a point to his human brethren? He cursed them all at that moment, for he was about to die for their sins.

Lazy Nymph

Trinity flinched as the man stirred. She readied her fists since she was not carrying a weapon. When he spoke, Trinity lowered her fists. She sank back against the boat and eyed the human. "I do not wish to harm you. At least not as of right now." Trinity leaned a bit forward and moved her tail so that she was not sitting on it any longer. "I am the last of my kind. But that shouldn't concern you. It doesn't concern any other human."

Trinity sighed softly and then put her hands on the side of the boat. She turned her head back to the man. "Since neither of us want to die. I should just leave. For all you know, your brothers will kill you just for talking to me. Just for seeing me and not bringing in my scales."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Arthur suddenly leaned forward. "Wait!" he said. "Y-you don't have to go. I mean. I do care that my kind has been killing yours. I hate that. I always have."

He blinked. How did she know of his brothers. "My brothers think I'm locked in my room right now. In fact, I'm supposed to be. Believe me, they would not expect such a thing from me."

He watched her for a moment. "There's really none of you left?"

Lazy Nymph

Trinity lowered her hands and stayed in the boat. She listened to the man talk. She chuckled softly. "I didn't mean your brothers literally. I meant your kin. Your kind. The humans. All of them." She ran her fingers through her hair. The strains were starting to dry. Not a good sign. She should be in the water. Her scales and hair needed the water or else she would die. She looked down at the water and then back to the man. "Can we talk somewhere I can be in water? I am part fish after all."

She looked away for the man and then played with her hands. She spoke softly. But he could hear her, she knew he could. "I am really the only one that is left. What you see is the brink of extinction."

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Arthur nodded quickly. "Y-yes. Of course." He motioned for her jump in the water. Once she was in, he stood up and walked carefully to the center of his boat.

"So...why were you in my boat?" he asked her, sitting down and watching her. "I can honestly say I have never woken up to see a mermaid watching me."

He made a small, though he cast a nervous glance to the shoreline. Neptune was still perched on his house, watching the road. It must be a long premiere...

Lazy Nymph

Trinity was thankful that he didn't mind she needed to be in water. She dived in and stayed under a moment, making sure she was completely wet again. Being dry was painful. When he asked, her skin heated. A blush set on her face. "Honestly? I was out to kill you. You don't know what it is like being me. There is so much anger and hatred in me. I see a human, and I go a little crazy."

Trinity watched the man's glance. She followed his eyes and saw a house. She turned back to the man. "Are you waiting for someone?"

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Arthur felt that fear set in again, but he took a deep breath. "I...I understand," he said. "It must be terrible..."

Her own question caused him to look away. "No...I'm...running away, actually. Well, not running away. I just...I'm supposed to be locked away right now. Kept away from the ocean, the one place I can find peace. So I sneak out every day to get away from my family and come here..."

He shook his head. "I won't let them take the ocean from me..."

Lazy Nymph

Trinity quickly put up her hands. "I won't kill you not anymore. When I got in your boat, I remembered something. And I am glad I did." She smiled a little bit before listening to him. He liked the ocean? Maybe he could be the one. No, it was a foolish thought. Trinity's brow furrowed as the thoughts flooded her mind. She tried to push them all away. But she couldn't. So she just had to avoid them for the time being.

"You love the ocean? Even with all of its flaws and mysteries?" Asking that question just get all of her inner thoughts at the forefront of her mind.

Omnipresent Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Arthur looked at her as if she were crazy. "Of course!" he said. "That's why the ocean is so wonderful! The many wonders that lie in its depths, we can only begin to grasp. It's a beautiful, beautiful realm filled with life and color that we rarely ever see."

He sighed, looking out over the sea. "The crisp, salty air; the coarse, pristine sand; the beautiful animals..."

He sat back down. "The ocean is an are we know almost nothing about. And it's that mystery that makes me want to know as much as I can about it."

Lazy Nymph

Trinity sighed slightly to herself. The way the man talked about the ocean made her mind race. He thought of the ocean like no man she had ever met. He was even more passionate about it then some mermaids that she had known. He could be it. He could be the one to help her save her race. Trinity was about to do something so foolish. But it was now or never she assumed. She grabbed onto the side of the boat and pulled herself up a bit. "My name is Trinity. And I might have a proposition for you that you may or may not agree with."

Trinity took a deep breath and waited. She hoped this would not be a disaster. She needed someone like this man more then ever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff