Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

the not-actually-a-hero hero
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

A gentle wind rustled through the open area, stirring the grass and making it dance and sway. Some sand flew up, and the brunette was forced to cover his face so as to not get any in his eyes. The wind settled down after a few more gusts, and finally he lowered his arm, shaking his head to free any sand that had landed in his brown locks. The male looked around, his deep, forest green eyes squinting as he searched for any sign of civilization. Upon seeing none however, a soft sigh escaped from between his lips. He'd been searching the horizon for the last few hours, but had seen nothing as of yet. Perhaps he really had been tricked. The middle aged man who had given him directions had looked kind of sleazy. But despite his appearance, the poor boy had been immediately hooked when the words "do you want to be a hero?" had left the mans lips. And not thirty minutes later, the young lad had left a few dollars short and on his way to god's knew where.

"Jiggly? The Jigglypuff tilted it's head as it walked alongside it's trainer, and Alan just had to question in his mind if it was even possible for a Jigglypuff to tilt it's head, considering it's head was pretty much it's whole body. Or it's whole body was it's head. Or it didn't even have a head. Maybe it just didn't have a body, but was instead a head with arms and legs? Before he knew it, Alan's steps had stopped and he found himself staring down at the pink, circular creature beside him. He often got lost in thought like this, his mind going places which usually people's minds did not go. He had a vast imagination, that was for sure, and usually it got the better of him. Though it did have it's pro's, considering due to this vast imagination, he was pretty open to most things. Which was probably why his stories got so exaggerated sometimes. Like that one time...

"Jiggly!" Alan was brought out of his thoughts by the Jigglypuff which had grown tired of being stared at and was now hitting his leg in irritation. "Ow! Hey, that hurts!" He said, taking a step back to avoid the flailing arms. The Jigglypuff merely blew out it's cheeks, before turning and continuing to walk determinedly, clearly thinking it's trainer needed to be reminded that they need to find their destination. Watching the pokemon walk for a while, the male sighed again before jogging to catch up.

skip ahead a little while ~

Okay, he was tired now. How long had he been walking? Alan glanced up at the sky, having to shade his eyes to catch a glimpse of the sun that was currently occupying itself with sun burning him, and saw that it was past the half way point and inching down. Which meant it was probably close to supper, and would be dark in a few hours. The grumbling of his stomach soon proved that assumption. Groaning, Alan checked the horizon again, and to his surprise, he thought he saw the dark shape of a building. A building meant a town right? Suddenly re-energized, Alan picked up the speed until he was running, the building which had started out blurry growing bigger and sharper, and then suddenly more buildings were popping up. He was so excited about the sight of the town that he didn't even take time to complain about the fact that his pink pokemon had jumped on his back and was clinging to his shirt, hitching a ride to the town.

Alan finally slid to a stop, sending up waves of dirt as he reached the outskirts of the town. "Finally!" He shouted loudly, throwing his arms up. He skipped into town, looking either which way. A frown slowly covered his lips though. Where was everyone? He heard the sound of a window being closed, and quickly turned his head in the direction, but was meant with nothing but silence. "Weird..." He murmured, walking forward into the center of town. Maybe he could find a Pokemon center nearby.

Sure enough, a little further into the town, he found a small Pokemon Center. As he walked inside, a breath of cool air hit him and he smiled gratefully. "Hello, may I help you?" The familiar voice of Nurse Joy made his spirits raise even further. "Yeah, thanks. Could you give my pokemon a little rest please?" He asked, smiling broadly at her. She nodded her head, and before long his Jigglypuff was getting the full treatment and he was sitting with a sandwich in his hand, chatting with Nurse Joy. They finally got to a part in the conversation where he could ask what had been bugging him since he'd entered the town. "Where is everyone? There's no kids playing in the streets, and it's like a dead town here." At his question, Nurse Joy's face took on such a look that he wondered if he shouldn't have asked. But finally, she answered. "This town is in trouble. You see, there's a Charizard that lives not too far away, and for some reason it seems to enjoy tormenting this town. Burning crops, wreaking havoc... Some people have tried to reason with it, to capture it even, but nothing seems to work..." She said, her eyes turning downcast. Alan blinked and it took only a few moments for that stupid brain of his to begin to form a plan.

"Well you know, I'm quite the trainer! And you've been real nice, taking care of my Jigglypuff and giving me something to eat. I can help you out if you like. It'd be my pleasure!" He said, before letting out a confident laugh. This was perfect! Maybe that man hadn't been so wrong after all! Maybe this was his chance to really become a hero! His first real challenge! After this no one could laugh at him, because he'd be a hero! A real hero! His dream would finally be realized!

"Oh no, I couldn't possibly ask you to do that! You seem so young, and you only have a Jigglypuff with you..." Was Nurse Joy's argument, but Alan would have none of that. It took a little while, but with his persistence, he finally got the Nurse to disclose the location of this Charizard, and filling his pack with some extra food and such that Nurse Joy had, he retrieved his Jigglypuff and was off on his way. Off to become the Hero he was meant to be!

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
User Image
x x x x x x x i make it hotter x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
[ friction turns to fite ]
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x i bring the heat, you heard me rightx x x x x x x x x x x x x x
so i might ignite ya x

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

[ L E O N ]

Flying, there was nothing like it. Soaring way above, being one of the badest
            bastards in the sky and going where the heck you felt like. No limitations, no
            rules, no nothing but you and the air and clouds around ya. It was enough to
            drive one crazy when you were stuck on the ground.

The Charizard gave a snort when looking at the leveling sun ahead of his as his
            wings gave a quick jerk before leveling out again in a leasure glide. A quick barrel
            roll to the left avoiding a tree in the middle of the freaking field. Why the hell was
            a tree just randomly there anyway. He had half a mind to just burn it down
            sometimes, or maybe whenever he wasn't paying attention and happened to fly
            right into the thing...which has happened once or twice.

But who was he anyway?

He was known as Leon...no not that red headed Elite Four know it all, that was
            Lance. The two were hardly alike really, but somehow some people managed to
            get the two names confused. As if...because the two names were no where near
            the same and the two were hardly alike to begin with...well except for the red
            hair...and Lance trained dragon pokemon, and the fact of the matter was that
            Leon was a dragon pokemon...hrm. Hardly a problem anymore these days as more
            and more trainers were actually able to discover the names and identities of the
            once mysterious Elite Four.

But there was the whole being a dragon pokemon...thing. Yeah, that would turn a
            lot of heads. He was human, and yet he was a pokemon. Oh goodness no, not
            some mutant hybrid creature with his flawless (was it mentioned he was a bit
            arrogant as well?) human features, that included being tall, handsome, slightly
            muscular and probably one of the best damn hair styles seen on this side of
            Kanto. No he didn't have wings morphing out of his back and a tail coming out
            between the cracks of his- moving on. No, the best Leon could decribe it as was
            a story he heard. It was called Swan Lake. Some pretty girl who was cursed by
            some wizard or something to be a swan by day and human by night, and it was
            some true love crap that cured her. Yeah, he was a freakin' Charizard by day, and
            his human self at night. That was as far as the similarities went, because it
            wasn't a crazy wizard that made him like his...come to think of it, Leon wasn't
            sure what did this to him. The best that could come to mind was some freak
            legend or some crazy experiment he was part of. It only he could remember what
            it was. As far as his memory went, he was always like this. He couldn't even
            remember if he was a Charmander or something as a tyke. All he knew was that
            he lived in a forest right outside this quaint little town that he liked to terrorize.
            Why? Again, he had no idea. He just did. Maybe a trainer tried to catch him one
            day from there and it just pissed him off? Maybe being this thing left you with no
            money and it was easy to swoop in being over ten feet tall and pillage the place.
            Heh, it was like the freaking medieval times with these people, except there was
            no knight in shining armor so far to take him down. Yeah a few of the towns
            people tried to reason with him, and even tried to catch him. He just made
            minced meat of them. Again, he didn't know where the training came from, but he
            was pretty damn powerful...well compared to these people at least.

Yes, there was such a thing in the world as a self centered, easily angered,
            tempermental Charizard turned human by night in the world...oh. And he could
            talk when a pokemon. Ain't that a kick?

The emeral green eyes squinted as the glare of the sun caught him once again. He
            had a few hours at best to make his way to town, cause a bit of mayhem, grab a
            bite to eat from the outside market booths, maybe do a battle or two against
            those who dare defy him.

...Oh, that was a dramtic one. WHO DARES DEFY ME? I'll have to keep that one
            in mind.

But then he would ave to high tail it out of there with dinner and some left overs
            before he was human again and was stuck with another lonely night with the
            pokemon in the woods. (You didn't have many friends with such a secret like
            that. He wasn't going to trust anyone long enough to get the nearest professor
            or master trainers breathing down his neck and have test cables attached to him
            once he was caught. Hell no. )Heck, if he felt up to it maybe he would actually
            make the mile or so hike to the town and check out his damage. Maybe even
            crash at the Pokemon center, of course he would probably sleep through till the
            next morning and what is a person to do when there is suddenly a Charizard
            laying on the bed that a once poor defenceless traveler used to be in. Yeah,
            scratch that idea. Not like he could ever have a decent place to sleep anyway.

It was another ten minutes or so before the town came into sight. The building
            were becoming bigger and bigger and a deep rumbling sound came from the pit of
            the Charizard's throat. SHOOOOW TIME.

The familiar yells and screams were heard. Music to his ears.

It couldn't have been a few moments after "the knight" was making his way out of
            the Pokemon Center.

x x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

x x x x x x x x x x x
            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
            everywhere [ you ] go, there [ i ] go
            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xcause i'm l e o n baby
User Image

He hadn't even made it out of town when the screams started. For a town that had been so quiet mere moments ago, the terrified, fear filled screams seemed odd to Alan. He turned, his head for some reason immediately tilting back so he gazed upwards, and saw the gigantic pokemon that now flew close to the town. It was only getting closer too. He found himself stunned for a moment, the fear that now filled the town seeming to creep into him as well, his mind being influenced by the screams.

It was huge.

He hadn't seen a Charizard that big before, but damn, it was no wonder why he stood rooted to the spot, the fear like an infection moving quickly through his body. But with the fear ran some other emotion, one he could not quite place. Was it excitement? Maybe. He had to turn his eyes away when a wind came, probably from the mighty up and down motion of the Charizards wind, and he raised his arm to shield his face.

"Alan! Alan hurry up and get inside!" That was Nurse Joy. Alan turned his head to look at her, and immediately the fear vanished. Not completely of course, but enough so that he found himself running forward, leaving the worried shouts of the Nurse behind him. He wasn't going to waste his chance. Finally stopping when he figured he was close enough, he drew in a deep breath, cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted.

"Hey you stupid Charizard! If you ain't chicken, then battle me! I'm here to beat your sorry a**!"

He was absolutely shocked that his voice didn't crack or even shake, considering the legs he stood on were quivering. He turned his head quickly, looking for his Jigglypuff. "Come on Jigglypuff, we've got to battle and beat that Charizard!" Unfortunately he had forgotten about Jigglypuff's little attitude problem. Not only had he been stuck with a Jigglypuff as his first pokemon, but it was a Jigglypuff that would NOT take on anything bigger then it. And in the Pokemon world, there was a LOT of things bigger then it. So it plodded quite happily in the opposite direction, leaving it's stupid trainer behind the fend for himself. He'd gotten himself into this problem, and he could get himself out.

Once Alan realized that Jigglypuff wasn't going to come to his aid, his mouth dropped. "Y-You... No more berries for you!" He shouted the weak threat, his voice actually shaking now. He slowly turned back to look up at the Charizard again and had to swallow repeatedly. "I so need a better Pokemon..."
User Image
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x i bring the heat, you heard me rightx x x x x x x x x x x x x x
so i might ignite ya x

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

[ L E O N ]

Fly this way, go that way, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep down close to the ground and cackle madly at all the people jumping and ducking out of the way as his stomach barley scrapped the pavement. And up! Damn wingspan made it impossible to go down some of the smaller streets that people managed to slip into. Yeah, yeah. Leon rolled his eyes as many of the scurrying targets ducked into their hiding places where he couldn't reach them. They eventually had to get smarter with the few months that Leon had started "attacking" the place. Not that he would attack people themselves. Now that was a real b*****d move...well unless he regonized a traine rthat had tried to catch them. Maybe he really liked to scare them then...and anyone else for that matter. A few close calls with ember or a swipe of his tail to someone trying to sneak up behind him. But nothing to harmful was ever done...unless the person was stupid enough to cause it upon themselves.

Leon just decided to start scanning for one of his favorite food stands when a sound made the two ears twitch. They twitched again picking up the words in full recognition and a snarl came upon the pokemon's mouth at the words. Stupid? CHICKEN!? Pft, as if! Whoever said this was going to-

As he finally glanced down catching sight of the only human who was not ducking in fear he made a sudden decent upon the, thanfully, widder street and area that the idiot decided to take stand on. There was a small thump as the two repitilian feet landed on the street (something that big had to have a bit of weight on it).

Pissed didn't come to cover how Leon sometimes got. Short tempered, remember? So the snarl on his features didn't let up right away...but then there was the form of a small pink bolb heading in the opposite direction behind the trainer and the pokemon's once angered features fell before a chuckle, as much as a baratone voiced pokemon could go, erupted. Now that was something pathetic...

x x x x x x x x x x x
            x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xcause i'm l e o n baby
User Image

He almost ran when the Pokemon landed on the street in front of him. He stared at the massive creature, and just had to take a little step back. It looked like it was about to eat him. And he wouldn't be surprised if it did. It probably came to this village to find something to eat, and when a stupid trainer yelled at it and insulted it well... that trainer probably made for a good meal.

Of course, all of those thoughts disappeared in a flash when a strange sound left the creature. That almost sounded like... like a laugh. Was it laughing at him? Red flushed his cheeks, the tips of his ears going bright red as well. A Pokemon was laughing at him. He was trying to be a hero, and what did he get? A Pokemon laughing at him. God, could you get any lower then that?

Clenching his fists, he tried to push the embarrassed blush away - though it wouldn't go quite that easily - and he glared at the Charizard. "Y-you can't possibly be laughing at me!" He said, his voice shaking a bit. He forced out a confident laugh, though it didn't come out as confident as he would have liked. "T-The truth is, I sent my pokemon away! Because I don't even need to use my pokemon to beat a weak Pokemon like you!" He was totally just putting up a front so he didn't look cowardly in front of the townspeople. That would just further ruin his already ruined reputation.

And hey, maybe if he could get it mad enough, he could somehow get it out of town. Maybe it would get really focused on him, maybe it would follow him if he ran. Or maybe it would snatch him up in those huge claws, carry him off, and roast him for dinner. He gulped again. Well, he thought he'd lived a pretty good life.

Not.
User Image
so i might ignite ya x

[ L E O N ]

S-s-stutter much.

A ridge above one of the large green eyes raised at the statement, being the equivalent of the a brow quirk. It could have been saying, something along the lines of Uh-huh...that's exactly what you were doing. At the same time, this was Leon standing here, who could have sarcastic thoughts even when a Pokemon...in fact he could do pratically anything when Pokemon that was human like...kinda. But it was more along the lines of Are you out of your damn mind?

Glancing over the boy's shoulder again, the pink blog still retreating and then around the street it showed that is was pratically to the point of being abandon. Save the faces that were pressed agained the glass of the windows looking out att the odd scene, a ten foot dragon pokemon and a pokemon-less training standing before it. This wass either going to end very badly or....very badly. Yeah, that was the only was something like this was going to end.

The massive pokemon managed to take a few more steps forward, bending down at the weist and managing do so far enough that he was suddenly face to face with the trainer. Er, more like snout to the funniest most terrafied look Leon managed toget out of someone. He had to hold back another deep chuckle tried to bring a scowl back. Maybe he could just scare the guy into running off after his pokemon. He wasn't exactly going to fight a human, but then again if he just walked off the people might actually take the runt as a hero. And there were no knights in shining armor for this town. That would just ruin him!

Besides...he was starting to get really hungry at this point.

x x x x x x x x x x x
User Image

Oh god, oh god, oh god, ohgodohgodohgod.

Was he even breathing anymore? Alan wasn't quite sure when he'd started holding his breath. Probably when the Pokemon had begun to move forward. The large creature was now mere centimeters from him, and he found himself staring into the others eyes, his breath slowly trickling from between his lips. In fact, the two were so close he was sure his breath tickled against the Charizards skin.

What now? The Charizard just seemed to be standing there. He'd yet to open his huge jaws and swallow him whole. That was a good sign right? Right? He finally couldn't take holding the Pokemon's gaze and he averted his eyes, flicking them over to look at the faces of the people staring out their window. God, why couldn't fate just be nice to him for once? Why couldn't it have been a cute, fluffy Pokemon that he could take on terrorizing the town? Then again, that wasn't very realistic now was it?

Then he blinked, and his eyes flicked to the sky. He hadn't realized it in his fear, but it was getting darker. And with the dark came the chill of approaching night. He shivered a bit, and this time it wasn't out of fear. But then, as his mind began to think about night, a thought came to him. This gigantic beast had to sleep right? So why was he bothering trying to take it on now, when he could just wait for it to fall asleep and ambush it? Really, how hard could it be to find a gigantic Charizard in a forest? With that sudden idea, Alan grinned. He wouldn't be a hero now, but soon.

Stepping back, Alan bowed his head, trying to keep the grin from being shown. Didn't want the Pokemon being suspicious and catching onto his plans. "Fine, you win! Just don't eat me please!" He said in his best meek voice. He'd pretend to back down for now, but this Charizard just better wait. He'd get him soon.
User Image
so i might ignite ya x

[ L E O N ]

The "stare down" was lasting longer than Leon would have though. That was props at least. No one managed to hold their ground this long when facing him, even when there was a pokemon seperating them at times. But then again, Stuttering Stanley only had more guts than he intially though, but did he have the brawn in his (absent) pokemon to back that up? A few more moments and Leon thought he might need to do something dratic to really scare him off, but just as the thought crossed his mind the trainer back off.

The Charizard gave a snort through it's nostrils that had enough gusto to ruffle to bowed trainers head. Content, beyond so actually, he straightened himself back up and raised one of his arms off to his shoulder like he wash brushing off the dust off it. Of course he always won, that's why he was still there terrorizing the small place whenever he got the chance...or got hungry. As his stomach made a painfully obvious rumbling sound his eyes grew in size a few inches before letting out the obvious pokemon rawr to cover it up.

That was a bit embarassing...

Of course after straightening himself back up he suddenly noticed how close to dark it was starting to get. Ohkay, not close, but when you go back to a forest carying as much food in your tiny arms, comapred to your body size, as possible it did slow you down. It was time to wrap this up.

A small flamethrower built up into his throat and Leon quickly let it out just over top of the trainers head, just as an extra for the show of faces but barley singing the top of the trainer's head itself, before quickly turning and bundling down the street to the food stands he had seen down it. No time for his favorite places after the annoyance, so after stopping at each one and bundling up bread fruit, and whatever else he could, his tail smashed into the side of the stand before his wings gave a powerful beat and his was quickly up in the air and heading out of the town once again.

x x x x x x x x x x x
User Image

"Stupid Charizard..." Alan muttered, patting his head and making sure his chocolate brown locks were still in place. He watched the large Pokemon gather some food and fly off, a frown on his features. He heard the sound of tiny steps approaching, and looked down to see his Jigglypuff returning to his side as though it hadn't just abandoned him to save it's own sorry a**. He just smirked though and leaned down, picking up the pink Pokemon and squeezing it.

Walking back to the Pokemon Center was a bit tedious. He was met by a worried Nurse Joy who felt him all over for any injuries, before finally concluding that he was fine. Then she did the whole mother routine, telling him how he shouldn't have done that. Finally though it was over, and he was left mostly to himself, continuing to contemplate the plan that was forming in his head. He kept checking the time, watching the minutes go by. He even made a trip to the nearest PokeMart to stock up before finally deciding it was late enough to begin the plan.

So, hefting his bag and with his Jigglypuff secure in it's Pokeball at his waist, Alan headed out. It was hard at first, since his eyes needed to adjust to the darkness of night, but eventually he was only stumbling once or twice every few minutes. He had little scratches from tree's that had whipped him in the face as he passed however, and it took everything he had not to snarl. A hero was NOT supposed to have this much trouble. Why couldn't the universe just been on his side at least once? Was that so much to ask?

Apparently it is. Were his thoughts as yet another branch hit him.

He continued to walk further and further into the forest, trying to make as little noise since he didn't want to come upon the Charizard and let it know of his presence. So despite a few trips here and there, he was as silent as could be, trying hard not to run into any trees, and wondering where the hell this Charizard was. How hard could it be to find such a gigantic orange Pokemon in a forest? It would stand right out, right? He sighed. This could possibly be a long night.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff