Govind 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Rolling her eyes Rayne sighed crossing her arms over her chest, "Just great, I'm lost and the one person I find doesn't even know how to get me.. get me..." She blinked several times and her shoulders relaxed. "Home.. world? Pronima? What are you talking about? I've never even heard of such a word..."

Her arms shifted to be more around her in a protective gesture rather than in a defensive gesture. "Then how do I go home? Surely someone knows how to take me home? If I got here there must be a way back... Right? It's only logical..." She looked around her expression weary. "I mean, it's not as if I'll never see that empty one bedroom house ever again..."

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Aki noticed Rayne's change in posture and felt her ears lower slightly. 'This poor girl... Human or not, she is lost. I'm not going to abandon her here. I'm not that cruel.' Her tail flicked, and she rubbed one of her arms with her other hand- glancing off to one side, "Ah, look... Rayne, was it?" Her bright eyes looked back towards the human. "I don't quite understand what you're going through, so I'm not going to act like I do. However, I do know that you're not... well, that you're not a monster- even though you are human." Aki lowered both arms to her sides, and she had a slight smile, "I've heard of other worlds before, but I don't know much about them. In fact, I hardly know anything about them except for the pixie home world.." She rubbed the back of her head, almost looking ashamed. As if not knowing the other worlds lowered her in some way. "However, there are people back in my hometown that know about, well, that know about other worlds. Pronimas have been traveling back and forth in the different worlds for centuries. So, I'm sure that at least someone back home knows how- or knows someone that could help you."

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
"Well then..." Rayne shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. "Are you going to help me? I know you have already, but it's not like I can fend for myself out here..."

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Glancing from side to side, as if checking to see if anyone was watching, Aki spoke lightly, "Yes, I'll help you. But-!" Her tail stiffened, and she put one hand on her hip- the other she used to point at Rayne. "But! I am only going to help you find out how to get you back home. After that, I can't help you anymore. Okay?" She folded her arms now, watching Rayne with her wide eyes, "I'll help you find someone who knows about it, and how to get you home, but I'm not helping with the process or anything else. Straight forward enough, I think." She gave a little nod and smile- seemingly to herself, as if patting herself on the back for a job well done. "There is.. a lot to tell you, though. And you have to follow my rules, and I mean it!"

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Rayne was silent as she listened to the strange woman thing lay down her rules. She relaxed slightly and straightened. "Alright..." 'That will be all I need.. As long as she doesn't have any weird rules then that should be fine. I can find someone who knows how to get me home, and then get there and never look back.. It'll be like a strange dream..'

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Aki found it the most efficient to walk while talking, so that's just what she did with Rayne. As she was guiding her through the land, Aki laid down the rules very matter-of-fact. "First and most important rule, no one can know you are a human. And I seriously mean that. Humans are forbidden here, and I'm not sure what will happen to you if you are found out. You'll have to pass as a deerling with tiny horns, or a butterfly in training, or an elementalist, or something." She was making the list like numbers with her hands. "Second rule, follow my rules. They could save your life, so just do it."

The land looked so green here, unlike back home on Earth for Rayne. The flora looked practically untouched, and there weren't even sidewalks out here. "Third off, I guess, I should tell you about this place. Kind of weird, since I've never had to explain to someone how the world works... but whatever." Shrugging it off, Aki focused and did her best to explain, "Everyone on this side of the world lives in the kingdom. It used to be underground or something, but whatever- that's not important. There are four cities within the kingdom, four temples, and one giant palace." She moved her arms outwards, as if trying to express how big the palace was. "The palace houses the four kings, as well as their families, and all the royalty in the kingdom. Not much, but still. They all live there together. The temples represent the four elements- air, water, fire, and earth. They are incredibly sacred and holy and ... and, well, it would just be best for you to avoid them."

Her ears flicked, and she took a deep breath. This was taking her a while to explain. "There are all kinds of people living in the kingdom... but no humans. Pronimas are the main race, since our culture sort of founded this place. People with elemental magic are pretty common, too, but not as common as wizards and witches and such- people with magic powers." She tilted her head from side to side, "The four cities sort of represent the four elements as well, but that is just because the ruling king of each city is sort of, like, a descendant of ancient kings in history but I'm not even sure they were real or not. All sorts of people live within the cities- though elementalists tend to favor the city with the temple of their element for whatever reason... and you don't need to know the original city names- people don't call them by their real names much anymore except for royalty. Just... Northern city, Eastern city, Western city, or Southern city work just fine."

"The palace, however, is always called κεντράρω." The way she pronounced the palace was almost foreign- as if in some ancient tongue. "It means "Center" or something, like the center of all life or something, but it's important that you remember its name. If you don't know its name, it will be way too obvious that you aren't from here." She glanced towards Rayne suddenly, looking a tad rushed, "Say it after me, okay? κεντράρω. Kehv... pay... pwuh."

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Rayne was stunned silent by all the information as she followed easily after Aki as they moved through the woods. As Aki demanded that she say the name of the center place.. palace? Whatever she stared blankly at her. "Kev-pay-paw..." It definitely didn't sound right on her own tongue, and it sounded strange to hear ears even though she knew she hadn't said it properly...

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Aki glanced off to the side, giving a look that read 'Seriously?'. She then looked back at Rayne, repeating herself, "κεντράρω. Kehv... pay... pwuh. Try it again. You need to get it right, because if we ever get separated.." Aki glanced away for a moment before looking back, "Well, it's important to know. Kehv-pay-pwuh. κεντράρω, κεντράρω, κεντράρω." She repeated herself a few more times, trying to make the word sink into the other girl's mind.

Turns out they weren't far from the kingdom that Aki had spoken of. There were some gigantic gray-brick walls that seemed to never end in one direction, and the other direction as well. "The walls are in a giant circle." Aki said suddenly, "A giant circle around the city. It is hard to get out, and nearly impossible to get in if you don't know how. You would have been stuck out here for a long time, Rayne."

There was what looked like a security guard atop the wall, and they were peering downward at the two. Aki was standing on a small platform, and she gently pulled Rayne onto the platform with her. The platform started to raise- go upwards. After a while they were level with the top of the wall, and the entire kingdom was visible. A giant palace that towered to great heights in the center, and four cities around the palace. Four pathways that were linked to the great circular wall outside the kingdom, they divided the cities as well as made a sort of guard walkway straight to the palace in the center- crossing briefly over the edges or the sacred temples around the palace.

"Say it one more time, just try?" Aki asked Rayne, the guard looking slightly curious at the newcommer. He had feathers attached to his arms, did they double for wings? An average citizen would recognize him as a hawk pronima- known for their incredible ability to see things from afar faster than anyone else. He didn't stay long, though, He pointed to Aki's drum, gave an approving nod, and turned and walked atop the circular wall. He must have been on patrol.

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Rayne faltered as they rose up high in the air. She looked down and felt the world spin slightly and grabbed Aki as fear clenched her stomach. Holding tight to Aki's arm fear made it almost impossible for Rayne to focus on what Aki was saying. The name again and again. She had to say the name or Aki wasn't going to leave her alone! "Kehv-pay-paw.. Kehv-pay.. pay... pwah.. pwuh. Kehv-pay-pwah.." Shaking her head Rayne tried again speaking slowly pronouncing each part of the name carefully. "Kehv-pay-pwuh." There she'd managed it, now Aki would leave her alone about saying the name.. It shouldn't be that important.. They were high in the air!

Did Aki seriously not understand how dangerous it was that they were up so high. A little breeze and they could just FLY off and fall and fall and fall and DIE! Panic was beginning to set in and she tried to get Aki to move faster. 'Hurry up.. Hurry up.. HURRY UP!' The truth was.. Aki hadn't asked, and now it was to late for Rayne to say... She was afraid of HEIGHTS!! She almost didn't even notice the guard to afraid to look away from the edges that separated her from her fall to her death..

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
"κεντράρω, good job!" Aki smiled, "That didn't take too-" She was suddenly cut-off as Rayne squeezed Aki's arm. After a quiet cough, Aki stabilized her stance, "Wh-what? What are you doing, Rayne?" Her last question was more of a harsh whisper. They couldn't risk standing out from the rest, but this girl was making it too easy to spot them from afar.

Before the guard could turn and see them acting suspicious, Aki used her free hand to place it gently onto Rayne's vice-like grip on her arm. "Just work with me here- what is wrong with you all of a sudden?" Pulling a little forcefully to make the girl move, Aki made sure the two of them were walking down the center of the walkway towards the palace. "I won't make you say κεντράρω again, but come on- it's just a word. Why are you acting like more of a freak than you already are?"

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Rayne didn't even tear her gaze from the edge of the walkways as Aki spoke. She was talking again! What was it now? What was wrong? NOW she was asking what was wrong! "H-High.." She gulped and stepped closer to Aki away from the edges trying to stand right in the middle. If she was right in the middle surely she wouldn't be pushed off by a breeze.. "Really.. high.." Her hands holding Aki's hand began to shake. "Hate.. hate.. heights.." She finally managed, figuring that the first few words wouldn't be enough to explain what was wrong. She squeezed Aki's arm to emphasize her words.

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
"Heights?" Aki glanced down towards the city they were nearest, the northern city. She never really paid much attention to the height. She had been on these walls so many times, it had become more like a routine. "Huh. They actually are pretty high, aren't they?" Aki flicked her tail, as if dismissing the thought. She patted Rayne's hand a few times, as if attempting to comfort her without stopping their walk. "Don't worry, we're on solid ground. And soon we'll be in the palace, alright? I think I figured out just who to ask about how to get you home."

While only a short walk for Aki, she wondered how long it felt for Rayne. Could someone really be so scared of heights? "Okay, so, there is this person we're going to see. He's a bit of a jerk, but that doesn't matter. He is sort of all-knowing but not but pretty close to it and..." Realizing how confusing she was probably sounding, she took a deep breath to try again. "We have a being on our world that is sort of like a fortune teller. Except, they are never wrong, and they sort of create fate of other beings. I don't know if you have that at home, but we call ours The Weaver. Sort of a big deal here, anyway."

They had reached the palace, and it was definitely huge. The path didn't exactly lead to the main entrance of the palace, but rather a side entry that seemed a little less guarded. The guards noticed the girl's drum, again, and immediately let the two of them pass. Obviously that drum meant something, though it was a wonder what.

Aki lead the two of them up a small set of twisting stairs, and she wondered if Rayne felt scared even going up stairs. "Just down this hall is the Weaver's room. The entire floor is actually his, like, 100%. He has his own chef, his own maids and service people, and pretty much lives on this floor of the palace. I think he might know how to get you back home, since he is sort of all-knowing or whatever."

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Once inside she relaxed slightly no longer able to see how high they were up. Going up the stairs she let go of Aki's arm and took a breath even as she shuddered. It had felt like ages, like they had walked miles just to get here. Rayne seriously hoped that the way home wouldn't be back that way, despite how absurd that sounded. It would have to be wouldn't it? Since she'd woken up on the beach.. How had she woken up there? As Aki spoke about this 'fortune teller, jerk, weaver, big deal' guy Rayne frowned slightly.

'They are never wrong? If they know everything then they would know how I got here, and how to get me home! But she said he sort of knows everything... How does that work?' Since Aki wasn't demanding that she say another strange word she didn't say anything. Would this 'weaver' be like her? A animal person.. thing?

Fashionable Cat

9,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Aki had lead Rayne into what looked like a lounging room. There were long couches and extravagant pieces of furniture spread about. The bookshelves were tall, and there were various pieces of paper spread out on the tables. The room wasn't exactly cluttered, but it was well lived-in. "He probably knew you would be coming anyway, so I don't see him not knowing how to get you home." As if reading her thoughts, she continued, "Or at least he should know how you got here in the first place, and we could reverse the process to take you back. The sooner the better, if you ask me..."

Aki had walked right up to a door with a purple frame. "... I'd like to get you home before anything happens to you." She spoke the last sentence quieter, but Rayne could still hear- just barely. Aki knocked on the door three times. The first two fast, the last coming slightly delayed. Was it a code? She then narrowed her bright blue eyes slightly at the door, looking slightly upwards- as if waiting to meet eyes with someone with already narrowed eyes.

Invisible Phantom

5,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
"Come." A voice inside said. Clearly her expectation that whoever this 'weaver' was shouldn't have included that he would get the door himself. After the one word the other side of the door had fallen silent.

Rayne stared at the door then at Aki. He knew everything? Sort of.. So.. He would know she was coming? Then if he knew he would know what would have to be done to get her home! This was turning out to be a quick trip after all! Relaxing Rayne smiled slightly as she waited, this person would show her the way home...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff