"Let's sync it up!"

So everything's not perfect,
Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

A small group of boys were gathered in a circle around two others, obviously forming a sort of 'arena' for them. Both boys in the middle were holding two things: A handheld device, and a couple of cards. On their wrists were mini computers, reaching from their wrist up to about halfway up to their elbows. Half of the computer was a screen, the other half holding a small indenture the exact shape of their devices. One of them, an older boy with pink hair, an obvious delinquent, held out one of the cards.

"I"m going to beat you this time!" he declared to his opponent, a young Duelist named Sync. Unlike Mister Pink, he wasn't a juvenile delinquent. His hair was that color naturally, and a bit calmer than his opponent. A bit.

"Not a chance, jerk-off," he retorted. He chose his card as well, taking a good look at it. It was his favorite Armor Card, The Natural Tempest. Sync grinned, getting ready to scan it in. He had always used that card, ever since he got it as a kid. There were a few times when he switched around, using Warrior of Light instead of The Natural Tempest for example. But those were few and far between.

Following the usual procedure, both duelists put their spare cards away in the containers on their belts. They scanned the armor cards into the BioSynchronizers, the card disappearing while it was being used. "Let's sync it up!" they called out in unplanned unison, placing the devices into their computers. The data was taken in, the screens glowing white. Soon enough the glow covered the boys, breaking away a few moments later. Each wore the armor that was pictured on the cards.

"Let's get this over with," Sync said. His face couldn't be seen behind the mask of his armor, but it was clear that he was excited. The duelists lunged at each other, the crowd cheering in excitement.

A half hour later, a well placed shot from Synck downed his opponent, his armor shattering into thin air. The card landed in front of Synck, who's own armor broke apart at the end. He picked up both his old card and his new card, as were the rules of the game. "Learn, alright?" Synck told his opponent, who was busy punching the ground in frustration and anger. He just laughed, walking away. He put his cards in the container and put his BioSynchronizer on his belt, as well. Synck Tempest was his name, and he was known as the best SynchTime dueler on the streets. Of course, he wanted to go pro real soon...

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Seeing a crowd form on the streets, Lilith meshed in with the crowd and saw that it was another battle. Smiling excitedly she tried to figure out who was battling. She loved to watch people battle, but she herself had never gotten into the game that way. Cheering with the rest of the people the battle started. Closing her eyes, she waited for the bright white light to subside so she could watch the match.

When the match was finally over, she watched the armor fall to pieces from both players. The cards landing in front of each players. The young man with blue hair picked both cards up and turned to walk away. By now most of the crowd had dispersed, and only a few remained. She almost felt sorry for the boy with the pink hair. Watching him pound on the ground she frowned at the way he handled himself after losing the battle.

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

Sync wondered why he hadn't tried going pro by now. He was good enough, much better than when he tried getting into the street fights as a kid. Sync stopped as the crowd start to leave, taking out The Natural Tempest. "I have you to thank," he muttered, staring at the unique card. After all this time, he had never seen another card like it. And almost every Armor Card had a twin somewhere...

Sync looked around at what was left of the crowd, spotting a girl watching the pink haired punk pound the ground. It was odd enough that there was a girl, considering how he didn't see a whole lot watching the street fights. Sync turned so that he was facing her, sticking his card back in the container. "Don't worry about him," he told the girl with a smile. "He always acts like that after he loses. And that's almost every time."

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Looking from the pink haired boy, to the blue haired one, she was suprised he noticed her. "If he loses so much, why does he act like that? Should he be used to it?" Half way through her sentence she got quieter and looked down at her feet. She didn't understand why someone would act like such a sore loser everytime. Maybe it has something to do with the male ego, or whatever, Looking up at the young man before her she realized she was being rude, by not looking at him while she spoke.

Giving him an apologetic smile, saw the pink haired man finally stop pounding on the ground. Gesturing over to the other boy she spoke quietly. "Shouldn't hitting the ground that many times in a row hurt or something?"

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

She did present a perfectly good point. On both points. "Eh, he's just got a temper," Sync told her, running a gloved hand through his hair. He watched Pinky finally stop pounding the ground, walking away after shouting a threat at Sync. It was the usual 'I'll be back' kind of junk, so he just really ignored it. Though he did wonder why that guy didn't just give up. Sync didn't understand trying when all you do is lose.

Sync turned his attention back to the girl as she continued. "It should," he said. "But I think his fists are like his head. Thick." He chuckled at his own bad insult before holding a hand out at her. "The name's Sync," he told her.

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Wincing as the pink haired one shouted a what sounded like empty threat, that boy would dig his own grave the way he handled losing. "I think temper is an understatement." Smiling softly her brown eyes left the pink dot futher down the road. Her smile grew a little as he made the joke about the other mans hands being like his head. It wasn't necessarily funny, but it still earned a smile from her.

"Sync? Thats an interesting name." Reaching out she placed her hand in his. "My name is Lilith, very few people call me that though, most call me Lili. But, I answer to both." Shrugging a little she let her hand fall back to her side.

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

Sync shrugged. "Yeah, I think my parents were trying to be funny," he told her. Sync let his hand fall back to his side. "Lili?" he echoed. "That's a really nice name." Sync pushed the back of his overcoat out of the way, shoving his hands into his pockets. "So, what did you think of the fight, anyways? I really didn't think girls would be interested in this sort of thing."

Then again, the game had been around for fifty years... At least that was what his grandparents told him. But then again, the elderly group were a bit strange in the first place. Sync let his eyes wander when an interesting fact suddenly struck him. His last name was Tempest. His favorite card was called The Natural Tempest. 'Now that's just creepy.'

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Laughing softly, she shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I have an older brother, and he always watched the duels on tv. I guess I just kind of got into it." Pausing for a second as something had caught her eye. She tried to figure out what it was, but couldn't. Blinking a few times she turned back to Sync. "By the way, you were great. Why haven't you gone pro yet? I'm pretty sure you could take them."

Laughing at what she just said, she tried to make it sound a bit better, and less fan like. "I mean.. Uhmm.. Nevermind." Mentally cursing herself for sounding like an idiot, she tried to smile sweetly, but she was sure it just looked like a grimace. "So.. . Uhh, do you battle or duel, or whatever its called, often?"

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

Sync laughed as well, rubbing the back of his head. He was sure there was a light blush on his face, though he wasn't too sure why. Then again, she was pretty cute. Especially when she smiled. But that last one looked a bit grim. "Whenever I get the chance," Sync told her. "I really do want to go pro, but I'm taking my time. I don't want my first pro battle to...well, I just don't want it to end badly." Sync was never going to forget how he felt when the older duelist practically pummeled him into the dirt. And he highly doubted he would get another card like his favorite.

Sync stuck his hand back into his pocket, trying to think of something to say next. However, a beeping sound interrupted his thoughts. Sync blinked in surprise, looking down at his Wrist Computer. It was making the beeping noise, a message alert flashing across the screen. "Uh, just a sec," Sync said to Lili, pressing a few buttons on the screen. It didn't take long for the video message to pop up. Too bad it was...loud.

"SYNCK VALENTINE TEMPEST!" His mom's voice practically broke the speakers on his computer from its sheer volume. Sync winced, looking over at Lili with a combination of an apology, and a plead for help. A woman's fury hath no bounds, and his mother was no exception. The message continued without interruption. "You get your little behind back home right now! You still have to attend the academy dinner! And don't get me started on your room! A mess! You get home right now, or I-"

Sync turned off the message, already getting the idea. "I am so sorry about that," he said to Lili. He smiled sheepishly at her, feeling really bad about her having to hear all of that... "Well, I've got to go now, but... Maybe I'll see you later?" Sync told her, already starting to run off. He didn't want his mom to get even more upset...

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Nodding to show that she understood what he said. There was a few moments of silence between them before a beep sounded from his computer thing. "Kay." She turned away as he pressed a few buttons on his wrist computer, she figured it was a message of some sorts and didn't want to intrude on it. When the loud voice boomed out of the speakers she jumped slightly. She wasn't expecting it to be loud.

Sounds a bit like he's in trouble. . She turned back around, wasn't like she couldn't hear what was being said anyway. After a few moments of the message being played he turned it off and apologized to her. She started to say something, but just nodded instead as he turned to walk away. Hopefully she would run into him again sometime. "Sure, maybe I'll see you battling again." She called out to him just before she turned and continued on with her walk.

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

Sync waved to Lili before turning around and running back to his house. He really did hope to see her again. She seemed pretty nice, and was one of the few girls that he knew that liked SynchTime. Sync smiled as he ran home, instantly being greeted by an angry mother. Boy, was he in for it now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really, do I have to wear the suit?" Sync complained, tugging at the old fashioned tuxedo. Dang, he hated that thing.

"Of course," his mother answered, trying to comb his hair so it looked halfway decent. "This dinner is with the head of the academy. If you get into the academy, then you don't have to rely on that stupid little game."

"It isn't stupid!" Sync protested. "Lot's of people get good money off of it, and I like it!"

His mother sighed, deciding to pull his aqua colored hair back into a tight ponytail. Sync protested loudly, but she continued to talk over it. "I know, but I don't want you to get hurt," she told him. "I get worried for you."

Sync sighed as well, hating this dinner, and that stupid academy... He stood up when they were finished, looking at himself in the mirror. "I look funny," he muttered.

"Just go to the restaurant," his mother told him. Thank the gods it was just down the street.... Sync waved to his parents, sneaking his BioSynchronizer and cards onto his belt loop. At least the computer was a common accessory. Sync left the house, crossing his arms over his chest as he walked down the street. "I'm supposed to make this headmaster like me," he muttered, staring at the ground. "But why is he so interested in the first place?" The headmaster for this new academy did send them the message, not the other way around.

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Lilith had been walking the streets for some time before she finally decided that she should go home. Her mother had something to talk to her about anyway. I hope its nothing too important. Pulling her sweater around her closer as a cold breeze found its way inside the fabric.

-----

Entering her house, her mother was waiting for her in the living room. Sitting down on the floor across from her mother she smiled politely. From the way her mother looked at her, it seems that she was in trouble. "Lilith, where have you been?" Blinking a few times, she tried to remember where she had started her walk at, it didn't matter. She could tell her mom she went to the moon, she wouldn't say anything about it anyway. "I went for a walk. Why?"

Her mother completely ignored that statement just like she thought she would. Sighing, she waited for her mother to say whatever it was that she wanted to. "Well, I told you I needed you here earlier. Nevermind that, I need you to take this to the restaurant a few blocks over. They asked for it the other day, and I haven't had the chance to deliver it myself."

"Kay." Taking the box from her mother, she exited the house and began her second walk of the day, over to the restaurant.

Codebreaking Poster

8,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Synck Tempest
"Let's sync it up!"

Don't matter 'cause,
You rework it,
No-thing's holding you,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Never stopping now

Sync was busy trying to figure if it would be smart to get his hair out of the ponytail his mother had pulled it in. It was actually kind of hurting. Sync had reached up to pull the holder out of his hair when he spotted Lili. He was glad to see her. She looked like she was delivering something... And, considering how they were both walking up the steps to the restaurant, he had a good feeling where to.

"Hey, Lili!" Sync called out, waving down the stairs to her. "Nice running into you again!" He grinned, pausing on the steps as he waited for her to come up. It was pleasant to see a friendly face before going to dinner. A dinner that was going to be determining his future. 'No pressure,' Sync thought bitterly with a small sigh.

User Image

So every-thing is crazy,
Don't matter 'cause,
No-thing's fazing,
You...get...though...it,
Never stopping,
Never stopping,
Here we go!
Laughing softly she when someone called out her name. She hadn't even noticed anyone was around her. Looking up she saw that it was Sync, and went to wave back to him but almost dropped the box. She instead nodded her head and spoke loudly. "Hey, wasn't expecting you here. Well, good luck with whatever it is your going to do here." As she said that she gestured to the way he was dressed.

Walking inside the restaurant after him she walked passed the hostess and went straight to the back. It seemed like there was some sort of dinner party going on here tonight. Shrugging her shoulders she set the box down on the desk where the manager would see it. Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen she wrote a quick message. My mom told me to drop this off here. -Lili

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff