Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

I'll keep you inside | Where I lead you cannot follow | Straight into the light | As my breath grows still and shallow

User Image

Nicholas laughed slightly at the mention of super powers. Now that would be something. He imagined for a moment being able to do the things some of his favorite comic heroes could do. It made him smirk a bit for a few moments anyway, but his smile immediately vanished upon Elysia mentioning going off to find him some clothes. He frowned deeply at her, shaking his head a bit then. "No no. Remember what I said earlier? Considering everything that's happened, no more of this splitting up business. We stay together."

He did, however, desperately need new clothes. The ones he was wearing were drenched still, and if he didn't change soon he'd probably get sick all over again. He thought for a few moments on the subject before sighing slightly. They'd need to find something sooner rather than later. For now he could let the ones he was wearing dry though. "Well since they seem to be letting us stay for a bit anyway I'll just take these off and let them dry. Then we can worry about a more permanent solution."

He got up out of bed then, slowly taking off his vest and his pants before pausing there. He glanced back over toward Elysia, feeling a slight blush creep up on his cheeks. "You probably had this all planned out just so I'd have to get out of my wet clothes and be naked, huh?" He teased her lightly. He decided to take control of the situation and tease her a bit instead of becoming embarrassed. After all, what did she seeing him naked matter in the end anyway?

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

Elysia had never been affectionate like this with anyone else in her past life. Ever. She never had time for boyfriends or girlfriends, with her constant hours working. She always had to stay late at work, and with the lack of sleep and lack of me-time, she couldn't afford to just go out and find a lover. She wasn't sure how it was supposed to feel to be affectionate. But she supposed this was what it was like. She was happy.. in a way.

"Are you going to become Tarzan on me? What next? Super powers?" Elysia rolled her eyes, giggling at him. Then again, on this island... or.. in this world, anything could be possible.. couldn't it? "Um.. go ahead and undress, and get warm.. I'll try to go find something for you to wear. If you want me to." She shrugged. She had originally planned to go find their things whenever he fell asleep, but at this rate, she didn't figure he was going to fall asleep before her. But part of her didn't want to leave his side.. because the last time they separated, he nearly died. She shuddered at the thought and all of the images that began to pop up.

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

I'll keep you inside | Where I lead you cannot follow | Straight into the light | As my breath grows still and shallow

User Image

Nicholas blinked slightly in surprise at Elysia's actions. That certainly wasn't something he saw coming, but he certainly wasn't going to reject it. Maybe it was the circumstances, but he'd grown rather attached to her as well. So after the initial surprise he simply closed his eyes and returned her kiss, letting it last for a few more seconds before slowly pulling away. He smiled softly at her then, almost feeling warmer just from how he felt now alone.

"Hmm...I think I'll wait for now on asking that of you. No need to rush a good thing, right? But don't you worry, I'm gonna ask sooner before later." He teased her lightly in a quiet tone. Another shiver went up his spine though, so he moved to straighten up and stand up off the bed. "In the mean time, I need to find something else to wear besides these drenched things. Might have a poke around to see if I can fashion something. Even if it has to be a loin cloth or something..."

He almost cringed at the thought of having to wear something akin to a loin cloth, but it's not like there were human clothes just sitting around out here. Or tailors for that matter. They'd have to deal with what they could find. A small chuckle almost passed his lips at the thought of the two of them eventually having to run around naked due to the lack of clothes. He guessed a lot of primitive humans did that thousands of years ago, but it was funny to him to imagine two rather civilized individuals having to break down and do something like that.

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

"It.. was scary. You know.. watching you.. die." Elysia looked down, finally admitting something that was the scariest to her to this day. "All the fears that people say they have.. like spiders, or snakes.. or even heights.. don't compare to the fear that I had to endure today. I had to watch my best friend die.. and that was the scariest thing in the world." She looked up slowly, meeting his beautiful green eyes. "Sorry, I know that's corny." She smiled faintly, shrugging.

"I can only imagine how scared you were.. I wish I could have helped." Elysia scooted closer to him, nuzzling her cheek against his shoulder. His clothes were still soaked, freezing even. Suddenly, he spoke up, joking now. "Now, now.. if you really want me to remove my clothing, you should say so.. be a man, say it!" She snickered, elbowing him playfully. Whenever she looked up at his face again, she realized just how close she was to him. Their faces were mere inches apart, and she ignored her instinct to jerk away out of embarrassment. Instead, she simply used this moment to express her affection towards him.

Elysia leaned in closer, gently pressing her lips against his pouted lips, giving him a soft kiss. She wasn't sure how he'd feel about it, but she had the desire to do this for several days out. She cared for him.. and he obviously cared for her. But would he accept her affection?

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

A frown crossed Nicholas's face when he heard the question he should've seen coming. What was it like to be dead. He was silent for a short while, having to think about that for a few moments. He was unconscious before everything happened, so he wasn't so sure himself. "I was unconscious before the bug did...whatever it was that it did. I remember seeing visions of you when I was being carried. Not violent ones this time though, you were just looking at me with this...sad expression on your face. After that there was a lot of darkness...a lot of muffled voices..."

Nicholas became quiet again as he tried his hardest to remember. "...and then there was this period of calm...I felt adrift, like I was being carried along by a slow current. But all the pain, all the fear...it was suddenly replaced by calmness. No sounds, nothing but darkness. Just calm. And the next thing I knew, I was waking up on the shore. Sorry I don't remember more."

He smiled a bit when she pulled the blanket over him, but then his smile turned to a pout when she mentioned the skin to skin idea. "I seem to recall last time that I was the only one down to just my skin." He teased lightly as he continued to give her his playful pout.

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

The small talk of the fruit helped lighten the mood a bit, but it wasn't really what Elysia wanted to talk about. She wanted to talk about other things, more interesting things.. like what it was like to be dead, or what he saw on the other side, or what he didn't see. She looked up at him again. "Nicholas.. what was it like.." She paused, bracing herself for the word she hated most. "What was it like to be.. dead?"

Elysia noticed him shivering, and it was obvious that he must be cold. He was still in the wet clothes, and it was her fault she hadn't brought along the fabric. Perhaps she could sneak out when he falls asleep, and go find it before he wakes up? That would be a good gesture, and it would be very helpful. Plus they would have real blankets.. instead of these weird leaf blankets. She shrugged, and pulled up a leaf blanket to pull over him. "It probably won't help much.. but it's better than nothing." She nodded. "Maybe we should try the skin to skin thing again?" She snickered, smiling deviously.

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

There was a short silence as Nicholas had to ponder her question. The fruit's taste was hard to describe...it was almost like a mixture of things he'd eaten before. "I dunno..." He spoke aloud then. "...it's almost...it's almost like a mix between a red apple and...as strange as this sounds, cantaloupe. It's really good though." He smiled softly at her then, placing the rest of his fruit to the side. He cleared the rest of the fruit from the bed then for later before crawling onto it and laying next to Elysia. Turns out coming back from the dead was tiring on a person.

"I guess they're going to let us stay for a little while at least...should probably use that to our advantage and get some good rest. Can't remember when I've gotten a decent night's sleep." Nicholas curled up slightly as he spoke, feeling a little cold for some reason. He wasn't sure exactly how much sleep he was going to get, but he said that more for Elysia's sake than his own. He knew she needed the rest way more than he did, so he wanted to coax her into sleeping for a while so she would be more rested and relaxed.

"What about yourself? You're going to get some sleep too, right?" He then spoke up, smiling lightly at his companion. It was hard to imagine they'd only been together here for a couple of days. It felt like they'd already shared a lifetime's worth of experiences in this strange world they crashed into.

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

Elysia smiled at Nicholas whenever she saw the bed. There was only one, but she was sure that Nicholas wouldn't mind sharing with her. Or at least she hoped so anyways. Elysia looked over her shoulder and noticed that the dragonfly had left them again to their privacy. Apparently this species understands the human aspects in life, such as consideration and appreciation. Elysia turned back to Nicholas, who was now taking a bite of a fruit. She remembered what happened last time with the fruits, so she hoped Nicholas would be careful.

Elysia took a few steps forward towards the bed. She felt the bed, and it felt surprisingly comfortable, but then again she hadn't had much sleep in the past few days that they had been there. She turned and fell back onto the bed, her arms outstretched. She sighed happily, getting comfortable. Her stomach was growling from hunger, but her body ache too much to move. She had been running for majority of the day to chase after the Dragonfly and Nicholas. She looked over at Nicholas, who was very much enjoying the fruit. "What does that one taste like?" She rolled over onto her side, watching him.

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

Nicholas smiled and shook his head when she apologized for yelling. "You've no reason to apologize. I understand." He spoke, watching her as she pulled away. His eyes then moved to see the Dragonfly once more moving toward them. He was silent as he watched it beckon for them to follow it. He glanced toward Elysia, noting that she was following. He was a little uneasy about following the creature, but it had saved his life so he decided to go as well. It paused at a hut and motioned for them to enter. Seemed the decision paid off as the hut had a bed, blankets, and food inside. He glanced toward the Dragonfly once more, curious as to why this creature was treating them so well. He'd accept it for the moment though. Not all of the creatures in this forest were murderous, right?

After bowing to the Dragonfly in thanks, Nicholas made his way over to the bed. Picking up one of the fruit laying there, he examined it slowly. It seemed solid, yet somewhat soft. Almost like an apple. He remembered what happened with the last fruit they tried to eat on their own though, so he was especially uneasy about just eating things. It seemed like an apple though...and there weren't any seeds. It would warn them if there was something bad about these, right? His hunger was getting the better of him, so after a deep breath to calm himself he took a bite. He was silent for a moment or two as he chewed before a small smile crossed his face. This was good. This was really good.

"I'm not sure why we're getting all this help...but for the moment I'm going to enjoy it. We need the break." He finally spoke aloud as he looked over at Elysia. "I doubt they'll let us stay indefinitely, and even so I don't think I'd want to, but a night or two of rest sounds awesome to me."

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

Elysia smiled warmly at Nicholas whenever he reassured her that they would figure it out. It was nice to hear it, especially from him. Majority of the time, she found herself being the optimistic one, but as of today, she wasn't really on the optimistic side of things. But then again, it was surprising that she could be on any side of optimism in their current situation. They still didn't have answers as to what this place may be.. they were the only ones who could speak English. Well.. speak it fluently, anyways.

Elysia blushed lightly whenever her companion brought her in for a hug, but it faded quickly. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, holding him close. "I'm sorry I yelled.. I was just.. so worried." Her lips tugged in the corners as she tried to hold back a few tears. "I just don't want anything to happen to you. I'm sorry." She rubbed his back, then nuzzled her cheek against his face.

Whenever she pulled away from the embrace, she looked over her shoulder and noticed that the Dragonfly that had saved Nicholas was approaching. She turned to face the Dragonfly, eyebrows raised expectantly. The Dragonfly held out a hand, as if she wanted Elysia to follow, and so Elysia did. As Elysia followed the Dragonfly in hand, she looked over her shoulder, hoping Nicholas would follow along as well. The Dragonfly led her to a hut, a large oversized bed makeshift of twigs, branches and dried grass, probably to accommodate the large bodies of the humanoids.There were also grass blankets, rugs and fruits of various sizes and colors laying on the bed. The Dragonfly smiled warmly at Elysia and motioned her to go on in, and Nicholas too.

O O C
[ Sorry my posts have been slow/short.
I have been so busy lately.. almost everyday
I have had to go somewhere. I've also been
slightly sick.. I haven't even been able to go to gym
for almost a week now. It sucks. Ugh. ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

Nicholas winced slightly as he got the verbal berating he knew was coming. He deserved it he supposed, not to mention he had put her through quite a bit with his stupid antics. "I'm sorry." He offered quietly in response to her yelling. She then brought up that she'd left behind their supplies, but he shook his head at that. "It's alright. I understand. We'll figure something out." He spoke, smiling softly at his companion. Maybe it was the whole coming back to life thing, but Nicholas felt really good. Even better than when they were both on the plane even.

Due to this fact, Nicholas decided to do what he felt both of them were thinking about. He moved forward and drew Elysia into a tight hug. He was silent for a few moments, just keeping her pressed close and burying his head into her neck. He wanted to show her how much he appreciated everything she'd done for him. "I promise I'll be more careful from now on." He whispered gently then, finally breaking the silence between them. "If we stick together we'll make it through. I promise I'll plan my choices out better if you do the same. None of this one dying for the other stuff. We both make it out every time."

Nicholas didn't care if the rest of the strange bug creatures were watching them still. He had nothing to hide when it came to his feelings, and it wasn't like they would understand him anyway. It was true though that they would need supplies again if they were to continue to travel. Otherwise the only fate they would meet is death out in this strange wilderness.

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

"First thing's first... don't you ever do that again! Do you hear me?! I almost lost you, Nicholas! I did lose you for a few moments.. I can't bare that again." Elysia glared at him. The desire to hug him again was almost overpowering, but she had to stay focused at the task at hand. She knew Nicholas needed a new set of clothes.. but then again, in this place, it was more like Tarzan clothing for them.

"I left the blankets behind.. I had to run to keep up with you when you and the dragonfly were.. flying." She almost couldn't believe the words whenever they escaped her lips. But yes, Nicholas was flying. Was this place a world of magic? It sure seemed that way.. Tree devils, spider creatures, dragonfly humanoids. What next? She sighed, looking up at Nicholas in guilt. "Maybe the dragonflies will help us once more?"

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

Nicholas almost yelped in surprise when his companion tackled him back to the ground. Once there though he couldn't help but chuckle slightly. Seemed she had missed him. He had missed her as well. More than she probably knew. He glanced around slightly one more time, just to make sure he wasn't seeing any copies of her standing around. Seeing none, he breathed a sigh of relief. Hopefully the hallucinations were gone along with his wounds.

He rose to his feet shortly after Elysia did, trying not to pout that she'd moved away from him. He was rather enjoying having her up close again. Dare he say he'd missed that. He shook the thought from his head though and smiled at both the bug creature and Elysia. "I'm sorry, Elysia." He spoke up finally, rubbing the back of his head. "I wasn't trying to get myself killed or anything. I just...wanted to protect you."

He was expecting to get a scolding back from her in that regard, but he supposed he deserved it. For all he knew Elysia could've easily gotten up and gotten away after she tripped, but he still threw himself into mortal danger anyway. If it had not been for the interference of the bug creature maybe they would've both been dead because of his actions then. He frowned a bit at that thought. He guessed he should think about his actions more. He shivered slightly then as he remembered his clothes, as well as himself, were completely drenched.

"I'm guessing this is another village then, right?" He spoke aloud, more to Elysia since he figured the creatures didn't speak English. "I don't suppose they would have a place where I can get dry real fast? It's kind of cold being all wet like this..."

Fatcat

User Image

Elysia Varamir

"Nicholas!" Elysia sobbed, tackling him in a hug, wrapping her arms around his neck tighter than she had ever done before. He was alive, and that's all that mattered to her right now. She didn't care where they were, and if the dragonfly creatures were watching -- the sole human that mattered the most to her was alive, after dying. He had died, and that was enough for her for the day. Her best friend, companion and the only human in her life right now, had died right in front of her eyes. But also had came right back to life. This definitely wasn't Earth.

When she realized she was on top of him, she scrambled to push her weight off of him, holding her body just above his. "Sorry, you're probably in a lot of pain still.." She mumbled, pushing up onto her knees, straddling his lap. "I.. do you remember what happened?" She looked into his eyes, then looked around them, noticing the dragonflies were staring at them. She pushed herself up onto her feet, glancing over to the huts of their little village. "I suppose this is your village?" Elysia looked up at the dragonfly who had saved Nicholas. "I.. sorry I shouted at you.. I appreciate you saving my friend though." She bowed lightly, knowing that the dragonfly probably wouldn't understand her language, but may understand the body language.. because most body language is a universal thing.

The dragonfly smiled, patting Elysia on the head ever so gently, making small but happy clicking sounds. The dragonfly turned to her villagers, and motioned for them to leave the area, to leave the humans to themselves. Elysia watched as the dragonflies fluttered away, then she turned her attention back to Nicholas. The sweetest face she could ever imagine laying her eyes on right now.

O O C
[ ]

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Nicholas Fairbanks

User Image

Nicholas was still and silent at first as his body lay at the edge of the water. He made no sounds. He took in no air. He didn't move at all. This lasted for about a good thirty seconds before anything happened. Then, suddenly, his lungs filled with air. He jerked suddenly, coughing a bit as his lungs adjusted to the air once more filling his lungs. Slowly he pulled himself up onto his hands and knees, water dripping from his hair and face. He took one or two more methodical breaths before slowly looking up at his surroundings.

Seemed he was in a village of some sort. There were huts all around, and in the distance there were some strange humanoid bug creatures. Wait...I seem to remember...a bug creature... He thought to himself as he tried to remember how he had gotten there. ...that's right...I was being carried along by a bug creature...after... It was then he remembered the spider monster...and what it had done to him. He was extremely hurt, and that creature was taking him somewhere...was this it? Or was he...

That's when his eyes fell upon her. Some distance away, Elysia was staring at him. She was on her knees, tears running down her face. She looked like she was staring at a ghost. What did that mean? Did he really? Was she as well? Was she even real? He remembered all the hallucinations he had been having. Still, he tried to believe that all of this was real. He tried to imagine that he wasn't...dead.

"...how did I get here?" He finally spoke aloud, his eyes never leaving his companion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff