Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
Eirkham Delven of the Ardor Staff, Warlock of the West
…In training.

Alric wanted Celestine to help. He knew she could, and he wanted no child to suffer like this. It was why he had been so determined to bring Eirkham in, was so at least one child could have justice for the wrongs done to them. He just didn’t want Celestine to die for the attempt.

When she actually started to cry, Alric’s heart about broke in two. “There’s gotta be a way.” He told her, moving his arm to pull her into a hug. “I won’t let that happen if I can help it.” He whispered into her ear then. “We just have to keep you safe too. I’ll find a way. I promise.”

He released her then and looked to the prince, hoping they might find some compromise there. The nursemaid was still in the room, still looking nervous. She had to be taken care of. “We can’t replace her legs with anything? No metal working, or wooden thing? Something magical?”

“Nothing magical will be trusted.” Leon growled back. “There’s nothing you can do! Don’t you get it?” He spun around to glare at them. “Would sparing her life do anything for her? What sort of life would she have?!”

_______

Thalia wasn’t sayig there was no chance, just that she didn’t know how they might take it. “We should ask him when he comes back if he’ll write a letter then.” He decided.” Blckmore was pretty agreeable. He’d helped out as much as he could. Maybe they would have a chance.

“I wish you’d worry a little less about me, but it doesn’t stop you.” Eirkham pointed out, giving a bit teasing of a smile. It faded after a moment when he thought about how she had just talked about Eirkham’s imprisonment. “Does that mean you’re going back soon? Now that I’m free, you’ll go back to Kekoa?”

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Greatest Sorcerer in Eulon

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine took in deep breaths to try and calm down, she had never had someone ask her to do this. She was a healer and she helped people however she could. Letting the Princess die, that wasn’t something that she could allow to happen. Of course becoming a crying mess… well that wasn’t going to help anything.

Alric was trying to help though, his arms were a comfort and helped her to calm down. She turned to look to Leon when Alric suggested replacing her legs, looking down to the Princess then. Wincing when Leon once again suggested letting her die. ”Do you understand the fate you are leaving her too? This is no peaceful death, it will be pain, pain beyond anything magic could sooth and it will be slow, killing off her organs one by one. Removing her legs… could save her from that fate.”

”She could walk again, I’ve seen it before, people who had lost their limbs… even both of them can learn to walk again with fake limbs.” She swallowed, looking down to the Princess once more, she was much too young to be dying.

______

Thalia sighed, because she really didn’t think that Blackmore would be comfortable writing to another country about his own country’s internal problems. He didn’t need any reason to be seen as a traitor, of course Eirkham may not understand that yet. ”I can talk to him about it later, there is a lot more to this than just writing a letter to Ponternia.”

Eirkham teased her about worrying about him and she smiled, shaking her head. When he asked about her going back soon though the smile fell from her lips. ”I… I’m not sure when I’m going back quite yet.” She brushed her fingers through her hair then. ”I… I will be leaving as soon as I’m no longer needed.” She wasn’t quite ready to leave them yet, it didn’t feel done.

User Image User Image User Image
☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

((Woops forgot to answer that one question.

Nope, I don't think you gave her name))

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Leon’s hands clenched at his sides and he glowered back at Celestine. “What else can I do?!” He demanded. “If anyone cuts off her legs without the king’s express consent, they will be executed without another thought! Who can I sentence to die for her who is already dying, Celestine!?” The prince advanced forward for a moment, body almost trembling with the bare amount of control he was keeping.

The prince continued his rant. “My father won’t speak to me, and every other healer has been banished from the catle. If I do anything that will upset him, it will be my body hanging from those gallows tomorrow. And if I die, who then is left to rule this kingdom when my father passes? Who will be here to support to kingdom in the coming wars, both within our own borders and without!? Princess Jessilie, the seven-year-old cripple, that’s who! Assuming she isn’t also executed for fear of having dark magic in her fake legs!”

Alric stepped in front of Celestine then, not wanting to hear this man yell at her any longer. “Your highness, Celestine has come to help as you asked her. Don’t you dare mock her generosity with this.” The soldier’s eyes flashed then and he stared the prince down. “You have one chance to save your sister, and you are too much of a coward to take it.”

A vein began to bulge in the prince’s forehead at this. “What did you call me?”

Alric did not quail. “A coward, Your Highness. A real man would never let a child suffer like this. If your father is so far gone that he will not allow even this, then you ought to be brave enough not to go with him. If you aren’t a coward, then show it. Save her life. Show the nobles your true colors.”

_______

Eirkham sighed as Thalia pointed out that the war probably wouldn’t be solved with one letter. He just hoped. Maybe Ponternia could even help. Surely the dark magic would be a threat to them as well? They should try and assist in getting rid of it. That’s what Eirkham thought, anyway.

He was glad Thalia wasn’t leaving just yet, but he wondered how Kekoa felt about it. He probably missed Thalia as much as Eirkham would. “What are you going to tell him?” He asked next, since Kekoa would expect Thalia to be coming back now that Eirkham was free.

...By default.

((Alright. Now she has a name. xD))

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine swallowed as Leon turned on her, the anger was back with a vengeance and for a moment she worried about having pushed him too far. He had been angry before they came, but had pulled it all together to have her see his sister. He had been so desperate to save her before, but now the solution didn’t seem to be good enough.

Alric was there to protect her though, stepping in front of her and speaking up for her. She wasn’t used to this, wasn’t used to having anyone there to speak up for her. When he called Leon a coward though she grew worried, glancing between the two men quickly.

She stepped closer to Alric then, lacing her fingers through his and squeezing his hand. ”I can save her life, isn’t that what you wanted?”

_________

Thalia wasn’t really sure what she was going to tell Kekoa about why she was staying. She had told him she would return after the trial, but it didn’t feel right to leave right away. ”I… I’m not really sure yet. I’ve been thinking about it though.” She sighed, running fingers through her hair. ”I will have to leave soon though; it won’t be healthy for me to travel soon enough.”

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

((Yay!!!))

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Leon watched Celestine move to take Alric’s hand in a rather un-friend-like way. He almost snorted then. She had said this soldier was just her friend. Either that had changed within the last day, or she had lied to him.

Well, what did it matter. Nobody cared about him anyway. No one told him the truth. Nothing could have happened between him and the witch anyhow. What was really the point in pursuing her? Nothing went his way no matter what.

“Do what you want.” Leon answered dully, turning and stalking out of the room. The door slammed behind him and he headed down towards the kitchens to find himself another bottle of liquor.

Alric glanced at Celestine after the prince had left. A heavy silence filled the room in the wake of his anger, but Alric knew they didn’t have time for that. Celestine knew exactly what she wanted to do, and while Alric was worried about her safety, there was no way he was going to persuade her of any other course of action.

“Tell me what to do.” He told her, breaking the silence.

_______

Eirkham knew that Thalia would have to leave eventually; he just wished it wasn’t so soon. He wanted her to come back. “I’ll miss you.” He told her softly, smiling even if it was a sad event. “Maybe I can come live near you one day. You and Kekoa and the twins.” It was a happy image, the witch and her elf with the little half-children running about them. Maybe they would be in a little cottage like Sina’s. He wanted to be a part of that family too. To share in that love, just a little.

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine hadn’t thought about what grabbing Alric’s had would have said to the Prince, she was just worried. Worried about what the Prince would say about Alric’s accusation. She hadn’t expected him to deflate then and she swallowed as she watched Leon leaving, slamming the door behind him.

She wasn’t sure what to do from there, unsure if this really was her chance to save the little Prince. When Alric spoke, she looked up to him, her thoughts running a mile a minute. ”I… the procedure requires quite a bit of concentration… I just… need to be uninterrupted.” Doing it under this stress would be difficult, but she could handle it. ”I need you to watch my back.”

Celestine knew she could die doing this, but she couldn’t let herself leave knowing that a little girl could have been saved. Pulling up a chair, Celestine pulled the blankets away from Jessilie, beginning to cast her spells to keep the young princess unconscious.

Thalia felt tears well up in her eyes when Eirkham mentioned missing her. ”I’ll miss you as well… I’m not ready to leave all of you yet.” She brushed her fingers through her hair, swallowing as she reached out to pull Eirkham into a tight hug. ”I love you Eirkham; I know our paths will cross again.”

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Alric would do anything Celestine asked of him right then. Maybe this wasn’t the smartest thing to do, but it was the right thing. He glanced over at the nursemaid, who looked about ready to faint after watching that fight with the prince. “You can go or help.” He told her. “But don’t be telling anyone we’re in here, or she won’t be able to save the princess.”

With that, he ignored her and moved to support Celestine. “I got you.” He told the healer, placing one hand on her back and rubbing it slowly in an attempt to sooth her. He didn’t know how this worked, or if he was really going to be able to watch it, but he needed to support Celestine.

_______

Eirkham was suddenly being hugged rather tightly, something he hadn’t quite expected. Thalia looked like she might be about to cry too, which he hadn’t meant to do. Eirkham hadn’t wanted to make the woman cry! He was just trying to tell her how he felt. His throat burned as she told him she loved him, something she hadn’t ever really vocalized in so many words before. It had him freezing and then wrapping his arms around her just as tightly. “I love you too, Thalia.” He whispered. “I’ll do everything I can to come see you again.”

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine was glad that Alric was there, because she wouldn’t have even thought of the other woman in the room. His hand rubbing up and down her back helped her to relax. Now that she was able to breath she felt quite a bit better. When she was sure that Jessilie wasn’t going to wake Celestine knew she could begin on the actual procedure.

She supposed she should have warned Alric a bit, it wasn’t a pretty sight as her magically surrounded hands began to sever the dead tissue and reconnect ligaments and blood vessels. There was a slight smell that came along with the procedure, as the flesh was burned as it was pulled apart and the work was delicate, it took nearly an hour to work through the first leg (cut off just below the knee where the infection hadn’t quite made it.) The second leg took even longer as it was worse off, cut off about the knee. In the end the legs were wrapped up in one of the sheets to be disposed of and Celestine was thoroughly exhausted.

The Princess was healed though and Celestine was able to lift the spells from her, there was still recovery needed, but now that the infected body parts had been removed her fever should be gone and her breathing should have returned to normal.

When Celestine moved to stand she swayed a bit, reaching out for Alric to steady herself.

Thalia felt a tear slip down her cheek as Eirkham said that she loved him too. She squeezed him once more before pulling away to look at him, a smile on her lips. ”When I tell the twins stories about you, you’ll be Uncle Eirkham.” She grinned then, resting her hand on her stomach.

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Alric had not quite been expecting the sight that came with the spell. He had seen and smelled n awful lot of terrible things before, but watching the flesh be burned off like this was one of the worst things he had every watched. By the end, he was as pale and shaky as Jessalie. He knew it would never happen, but visions of the witch turning her spell on him still flitted through his mind. He hadn’t seen it himself, but he had heard stories of ship captains who cut off the legs of their slaves so they couldn’t even try to escape. Staring at the stumps now, especially on such a little girl, was almost sickening. He felt bile in his throat.

When Celestine swayed, Alric moved to hold her to steady her and made sure to keep his eyes averted from the princess. “Is it done?” He asked.

_______

Eirkham blinked as Thalia told him that he would be an uncle, a broad grin spreading over his face. He looked down at the swell of Thalia’s belly in excitement, never having thought he would be something like that. “Really?” He asked, feeling both honored and happy. He didn’t know how rare being an uncle to a witch was, but he knew how much those titles meant to Thalia. “Are you excited to be a mother?” Eirkham asked then.

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine hadn’t been able to look to Alric during the procedure, hadn’t been aware of the effects this was all having on him physically and mentally. But when she turned to look up at him after she had finished, she felt a whole new kind of guilt. She should have known better than to ask him to be there for this. The procedure was gruesome enough when a person didn’t have a fear of magic, she couldn’t even fathom what he was feeling now.

She nodded when Alric asked if it was done, reaching out to smooth the Princess’s hair and pulling her blankets back up over her. ”It’s done…” She wasn’t sure how they were supposed to go about leaving and she felt rather uncomfortable thinking that the little Princess may wake up on her own. For the moment she wasn’t worried about herself, she knew what her fate may be. ”I’m sorry… for getting us into this mess.”

_______

Thalia nodded quickly when Eirkham reacted; of course he was going to be an uncle. She was sure if… no when he finally got to meet the twins that he would be a wonderful uncle, and Nymira a wonderful Aunty. When he asked if she was excited to a be a mother Thalia wasn’t really sure how to answer. She was already turning out to be a rather terrible mother to her babies. ”I… I’ve always wanted to be a mother.” It wasn’t very convincing, but there was so much guilt. She had placed her unborn children into so much danger recently. ”Kekoa will be a great father as well… I know that he has always wanted children.” It was far less complicated to talk about other people.

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Alric nodded as Celestine told him they were done. He took a deep breath and swallowed back the bile in his throat so he could focus on Celestine. Healing was a difficult process and he knew she was going to be very weak. She was still apologizing, and Alric shook his head, drawing her into his arms to hug her closely.

“No… you saved a little girl’s life. You didn’t know what we were coming to do.” Now they had to await judgment to see what happened. They might be able to run out of town, take Selly and Rodin with them, if that was what it came to. He didn’t know.

“You’re so brave.” He whispered softly into her hair. She had risked her very life for another person. A total stranger, even. The method might have terrified him, but he knew what her heart had meant.

_______

Eirkham smiled as Thalia evasively answered the question and shifted over to Kekoa. “I don’t think anyone could ask for a better mother than you.” Eirkham told her, even if she hadn’t really answered the question. She had certainly taken care of him. They had more of a sibling relationship, but she had still done her best to assist him in every way she could, often at her own personal expense. He had no doubt her children would get everything they needed. “I’m glad kekoa’s going to be with you. I wouldn’t want you to get lonely.”

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine sighed when Alric pulled her into the hug, pressing her face into his chest and nodding when he said that she saved a little girl’s life. She certainly had done that and she was glad for it. This was what her life was, what she had devoted herself to. She couldn’t go on with her life she had just left the girl to die.

When he spoke about her being brave she sighed, her arms moving around him as she sighed tiredly. ”I just did what needed to be done.” She sighed, resting her head against his shoulder then and yawning. ”I’m just… so tired now.” She had really taken a toll on her energy when she was working on the Princess.

______

Thalia blushed when she was complimented by Eirkham for being a good mother; she really hoped that that was the truth. She settled back into her chair, finding it a bit easier to smile. When he said he was glad that Kekoa was going to be with you she nodded. ”I’m glad that Kekoa will be with me as well, he’s a good person.”

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Alric didn’t know if Celestine really understood what sort of danger she had put herself in. If she did, then this truly was the bravest act he had ever seen. If not, it was still admirable, still better than anything he might have done. They could discuss that later though.

Alric looked for the nursemaid, who had come to sit by the princess’ side once the healing was done. She looked fearfully up at Alric, and he realized she would be considered a part of the crime, since she had not stopped them and had known what they were doing. If she claimed to not be there, she would be punished for neglect.

“When someone comes, tell them exactly what happened.” He told her. “Send them to me, Alric Dacson. I will take care of them. If you must, tell them I held you back.”

No reason for the maid to be hurt as well. She would be there for the princess when she finally woke. Until then, Celestine needed sleep.

“Let’s go home, Celestine.” Alric suggested, taking her hand to bring her along, guiding her out of the castle as best he could and wandering back to his house. A message was waiting there for him from Blackmore, and he scribbled out a reply for the man and sent it off. He then got to work making sure Celestine had some tea to rest with.

_______

Eirkham had a question burning in his mind as they talked a little about Kekoa being a good person. He had helped Eirkham out, even after finding out he was from Eulon. The elf wanted to be a part of Thalia’s life. Obviously, he had a great deal of love for her. Eirkham just wasn’t sure what her feelings were. “Do you love him?” He finally asked, with the same innocent naivety he always asked questions with. He would not judge her if the answer was no. He was just curious.

...By default.

Destitute Bookworm

13,740 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
☽тɦαℓɩα ☾

Celestine was well aware of the danger she had put herself in, she knew that she could die for what she had done. But that didn’t matter much knowing that she had prevented the death of someone so young an innocent. The princess was going to heal and be perfectly fine now, she would have the best that she could get and one day she may even walk again. That was the important part.

The little witch was glad that Alric was here, because she really didn’t know what to do now that she was finished with the procedure. Alric took charge though, telling the woman to send who ever came to him before helping her out of the castle and back to his house. She settled into a seat at the table as Alric fussed over tea, eyes drooping tiredly, she hadn’t quite exhausted her magic, but she was certainly close. ”Thank you… for all of your help.”

______

Thalia had not expected that she would be asked about loving Kekoa, because honestly she ddin’t know the answer to that question. ”I love him at least like of you or Nymira… but I do not know if I am in love with him.” She thought that perhaps she could be one day, but she wasn’t really sure about that. Kekoa had said that he was willing to help her get to that point and she hoped that he would succeed.

☽ωɩтcɦ ☾

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
…In training.

Alric set the tea in front of Celestine and moved to sit next to her. He wasn’t sure what else to do, and he was still battling the old nightmare that had come with her spell. He rubbed her shoulder gently, hoping that helped somehow and just waited for her to give him instructions. He didn’t know how to take care of mages very well.

Mei settled at their feet, with Ying and Taniwha flopped around the floor as well.

Alric could help but look over his house and plan out aht sorts of things he would need to grab if they had to run. He was complicit in Celestine’s spell now. Any punishment she received, he would get as well.

“I want to do everything I can for you.” He assured her.

_______

Eirkham just nodded as Thalia explained her feelings. He didn’t know anything about love, so maybe that was how it worked. It was probably how it should work, at least. He smiled at her and nodded, glancing over his shoulder at Nymira. He thought he was in love with the fairy. Maybe he ought to think about it a little bit.

Blackmore came back soon after that, bringing two notes with him to show Thalia. “Alric said the prince is drunk and the king won’t hear from anyone. He and Celestine talked to the prince and apparently tried to heal the princess. He added that they might be in trouble, but he doesn’t elaborate on what that means, so I don’t know. The Duchess says the nobles are outraged and are trying to form a protest tomorrow.”

...By default.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas