Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

Throughout history, the quarrels of holy and unholy have raged for time almost beyond time itself, with little to stem the flow of blood from the felled combatants and innocents alike. For centuries, the people of the worlds thought it would never end, and had it not been for the efforts of but a single man, they would likely have been right.

Kesaide Lahares, the lord of elemental darkness and the leader of the elite shadow forces of Dissonance, had fallen. His killer, Arannis Desrani - the man whom had come to be known as the Lone Peacemaker - merely vanished, unheard of from even those closest to him. With his disappearance also came the fall of Ayrien Nekiriadre, his closest companion. Whether this was deemed mere coincidence or not quickly became inconsequential, and both figures were presumed dead.

But what of events since then? Rumor stirred across the planes of another shadow coming to rise apart from the eleven known planes and the Gateway, a rumor that even the greatest intellects of the age could not dismiss but also failed to find substantial proof of. It was believed across the lands that the second Shadow War had come to a close...

But its closure was not quite complete; the shadow rumored on the horizon of Keiris had just been given its opening...

Devoted Friend

User Image
Lyrandis Desrani
Warden of Souls

Quite the mantle you've passed me, father.
I'm left with the legacy of the one who stopped the war...
...but also of the one who perpetuated it.
Am I to answer for your indiscretions?
Am I to take this to the bitter end, as you did?
Am I to be a pawn of fate as well?

I should think not.

Safehaven, Silverlight. The most beautiful sight in all the planes - at least, for anyone with a taste for elegance and a dose of luminescence adorning even the streets themselves. The architecture was itself constructed with poise of its own, nearly uniformed in likeness to each structure's neighbor and each carved with intricate engravings that a constant pulse of illuminating silver light continually flowed through, lighting even the land itself in place of anything like solar intervention. The result was a land of what could best be described as perpetually moonlit beauty, though not without a timework of its own. Near the center of the city, a large obelisk stood above the buildings around, carrying more of the light passing through the streets than in any other part of the vicinity - save Silverlight Hall, for related reasons - and its glow grew and faded as a timepiece of its own to mark day and night.

It was in this space where Lyrandis stood, watching the passers-by as absently as he could - which was to say, paying attention but without any particular interest. It had been two years since he was brought into the world of the living, but two years was not time enough to contemplate his inherited memories. Yerinae was nearby; he could tell not only by the presence of a wielder of a divine element nearby - to which he only knew of two to exist, and the other was himself - but because he knew his sister's tendency to watch him. She wasn't wrong; he knew that much but it wasn't something he felt he needed to drag her into.

"It's a step in the right direction, at least." Her voice sounded beside him, breaking Lyrandis from his thoughts. "You're not Father, you know. You don't have to be him either." Lyrandis remained silent for a moment before shaking his head.

"Don't ever let Liera hear you say that." Lyrandis chuckled. "And besides, I know I'll never be him... and he was an idiot, besides."

"Pardon?"

"He did everything alone. Even Mother could never get close enough to him to sway his stance on anything. Tormented as he was, he chose to be a pawn of fate - and you know as well as I do, he was no peacemaker in the grand scheme of things." Lyrandis answered, still shaking his head. "But there are some things that need to be done, still. All these rumors of another planar threat, so soon after the war's ended... I'm just uneasy about the whole thing."

"Then we'll talk to Keiden about it. If the wheels of time are reversing in Ceiril - he was one of the victims, after all yet I'm pretty sure he's alive and well - then maybe he can find a witness, since nothing was ever really clear from the old reports."

Lyrandis nodded. She had a point, as odd and cruel as it sounded for him. Even for him, time was quite a marvel for one to manipulate on so large a scale. Perhaps Keiden wouldn't be the only one he'd talk to about that. With a shrug, he leaned away from the pillar he had rested against and began walking along the streets. Strangely enough, as good as her intentions were, he found this was only yet another thing to contemplate.

User Image

Look at him... always so forlorn, so weighed down...
I can't rightly blame him, but...
Is it so hard for him to unshoulder the weight of the world?
I suppose he is his father's son, after all.
He could certainly stand to remember his own place...
And that he will never be alone.

At least, as long as I still live.

Arbiter of Spirits
Yerinae Desrani

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma turned her head in the direction of the voice of a woman. She did not expect someone to approach her in this town. As far as she knew, the people would normally keep their distance from a Celestial. It was one of those “respect you elders” instincts. She stayed seated on the wall, not acting too interested in the woman’s presence. The question was simple enough, but she knew never to give too much information to anyone these days.

Her soft lips parted to release the words, “It is best to visit an unfamiliar place before a war, so that those of us who will outlive others will remember what it once was.” Her words made it seem as if she knew about what was going to happen. However, she did not know much about what exactly is triggering this next disturbance. She simply lived through enough wars to sense when another one was about to begin. This was one of the shortest spans between two wars that she has ever experienced.

As far as Celestials went, most people could figure out what their purpose was, whether it is a celestial healer or a skilled fighter. However, Emma gave off a sense of mystery. In the past, she was unaware of what she was, separated from those of her kind after being the daughter of a corrupt father. At the time, the Celestials were not as divine as people see them today. They were quite the opposite, the Lucifers and Turels of angels so to speak. She was born into a dark era and raised by a figure claiming to be her uncle who hid her true race from her for nearly 500 years.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ocation . . . Outer edge of Craden
                                            ompany . . . Serra
                                            ood . . . Dissonant

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

Devoted Friend

User Image
There is nothing that goes unwatched, nothing
that can leave the watch of Blackthorne.
Serra Reiden
I owe them my life,
and my life they will have.

It was already getting late. Even as she took the first steps out from Blackthorne Tower, Serra had to blink at how dark it had gotten. The moon over Tessalona shone as brightly as ever - if wild conjecture was to be believed, as a sign of a near-perfect night to come. Serra had no faith in such beliefs, but she did smile at the thought that it at least brought hope to those around her. With Erathis kept in the higher planes working to rebuild after the war, a lot had fallen on the girl's shoulders, but as she kept on her way home, she spotted a silhouette over the palisade at the end of the road.

Silver... "What in the stars is a Celeste doing in Craden?" She muttered to herself, before quickening her pace along the detour. It took some short time, but eventually she arrived within earshot, as curious as ever.

"Excuse me..." She began, humble but hinting at her confusion all the same. But... what brings you here, if I might ask?"

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma turned her head in the direction of the voice of a woman. She did not expect someone to approach her in this town. As far as she knew, the people would normally keep their distance from a Celestial. It was one of those “respect you elders” instincts. She stayed seated on the wall, not acting too interested in the woman’s presence. The question was simple enough, but she knew never to give too much information to anyone these days.

Her soft lips parted to release the words, “It is best to visit an unfamiliar place before a war, so that those of us who will outlive others will remember what it once was.” Her words made it seem as if she knew about what was going to happen. However, she did not know much about what exactly is triggering this next disturbance. She simply lived through enough wars to sense when another one was about to begin. This was one of the shortest spans between two wars that she has ever experienced.

As far as Celestials went, most people could figure out what their purpose was, whether it is a celestial healer or a skilled fighter. However, Emma gave off a sense of mystery. In the past, she was unaware of what she was, separated from those of her kind after being the daughter of a corrupt father. At the time, the Celestials were not as divine as people see them today. They were quite the opposite, the Lucifers and Turels of angels so to speak. She was born into a dark era and raised by a figure claiming to be her uncle who hid her true race from her for nearly 500 years.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ompany . . . Serra
                                            ood . . . Dissonant

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

Oops! I thought I posted but I edited the last post by mistake. sweatdrop

Devoted Friend

User Image
Serra Reiden
I owe them my life,

"War?" It sounded of lunacy to Serra - at least it would have as little as a day ago. Tessalona as a whole had not seen incredibly much of the second Shadow War, and the conflict was presumed to be over. The Qedrin wasn't particularly fond of the idea for it to rise up and rear its ugly head again, but after her visit from Silverlight, she knew better. In truth, it was all she could do to hope that what information was given was not going to start a third, let alone so soon.

And yet, this particular Celeste did not seem nearly so accommodating as numerous others she had met - and she was reminded of one in particular who she thought might have been proud of her stand-off manner. To that thought, she gave a quiet sigh. "Suppose for a moment it were none of my business, but... my sources tell me both that the war itself is over, and that only the actions of a few still carry the intent." She offered, careful not to disclose her position as she said so.

Without incredibly much agility to her name, Serra summoned a brief displacement of the wind immediately surrounding her and used its momentum to guide her to the wall before coming to a seat herself, unsure what to make of this. "If it's any help at all, I think I might be able to help you find the people still doing the fighting."

Orbital Original Cannon
Ha! No worries at all. Good thing it was caught though, eh?

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma shrugged in response to the woman's comment about the war, "The acts of a few may cause more harm than a battle of many. Whilst most people are blinded by the peace, those with power will take over," she said matter-of-factly.

She glanced across from her as the woman used air to help her onto the wall. It explained the woman’s curious nature. She raised an eyebrow when the woman said that she might be able to help her find those who were still fighting. How did the woman know what she was searching for? Of course, Celestials never wander these parts without an important purpose. She sat up straight and looked the woman in the eyes. This meant business now. “I’m listening,” she said with pure intrigue in her tone.

She had a driving instinct to get to the source of the lingering hostility. She knew that something was going to change drastically if someone didn’t interfere. It was the nature of a Celestial to sense impending doom, but to them it was more like common sense. Everything is thrown out of balance when something major is about to happen. Even common folk probably notice that something isn’t right through the form of restless nights and irritable moods.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ompany . . . Serra
                                            ood . . . Interested

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

Yeah, but I lost my first post unfortunately. Haha xD I'm off to visit my bridesmaids. They were sent the wrong color dress, so I have to go with them to return the dresses. I promise I won't be leaving you so much after this weekend. lol My posts won't seem as rushed either ^^

Devoted Friend

User Image
Serra Reiden
I owe them my life,

Serra managed a faint chuckle; the resemblance between the deliberate reality of every spoken word of this woman and her recent informant was at once both wondrous and mildly terrifying - a fact that tickled at the scholar's sense of intrigue. Even still, it was her business to be informed, and her obligation to keep others from harm... either way, she'd have to tell Erathis before things got out of hand. "There's really only so much I can say," She admitted, a hand drifting from her side as if to express a certain measure of helplessness to her situation. "But I do know a small band of higher beings not entirely unlike yourself have assembled in Silverlight. Safehaven, if I had to guess based on the gatestones and importance. I was visited by one of theirs a week ago... he said they're going by the collective name of 'Solace'."

For a brief moment, the long tattoo on her arm shimmered a shade of lavender and the Qedrin gave a quiet groan, momentarily gripping at her shoulder before shaking her head. "Anyway, if you can find a man named... ah, what was it... Lyrandis, I think... he's your best ticket in, shortly followed by his twin sister." She paused for a moment, jogging her memory as if to think of anything further that might help, but coming up with nothing. "Unfortunately though, I need to be going. Seems a few colleagues of mine need my help. But, ah - is there anything else I can do for you before I go?"

Orbital Original Cannon
Oh dear. Sounds like you're all sorts of busy, and with pretty good reason. Not to worry, I'll be fine in the meantime (>^.^)> Best of luck getting things straightened out!

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma listened carefully to what the woman had to say. Why hadn’t she checked Silverlight to begin with? She simply nodded. “I appreciate the information.” she said with a polite tone. She gave a subtle bow of her head as the woman said that she had to leave. She shook her head when asked if she had anything else to say. With that, she jumped off of the wall, landing gracefully on her feet in a crouch before continuing on her way.

It seemed strange for a woman with virtually nothing on her person to just up and leave a town to travel to another place. However, Emma was very resourceful and has survived almost every dangerous condition. She walked off the beaten path simply to avoid any conflict with pillagers along the way. She stopped in a wooded area to conceal herself as she rested.

Eventually, she came upon Silverlight. The lustrous architecture resembled her skin. She entered the city in pursuit of Safehaven. She had to find this Lyrandis, but she didn’t know what to do from there. She knew that she had to attempt to put a stop to this conflict because of her Celestial duty. She approached Safehaven, keeping an eye out for a set of twins.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ompany . . . Serra
                                            ood . . . Determined

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

Very busy indeed. lol So, I'm not sure how far Silverlight is from there. Also, what kinds of abilities do Celestials have aside from being good fighters and being celestial healers?

Devoted Friend

User Image
Lyrandis Desrani
Warden of Souls

I should think not.

Another figure stepped in just as Lyrandis was making his way off, his sister having opted to stay around for the time being. Yerinae wasn't half as busy as he was, after all - of the two of them, someone had to keep themselves intact for when disaster struck. Keiden should have reported back by then anyhow; he was going to need a little isolation for that.

Instead, the woman leaned back against the same pillar her brother had occupied and idly watched the gatestone. It was an ordinary day for Safehaven, but a few of the figures about caught her attention; a pair of Rhakera sparring over heavens-knew what, with neither looking to be in the lead; four separate Divena promoting one business or another, a Celeste seeming particularly urgent - and recently stepped out of the gatestone, it seemed. The last caught her eye.

Urgency was a rare sight among Celestial, at least if Yerinae's earlier witnesses were anything to rely on. She wasn't sure exactly what, but it seemed she had been through a terrible ordeal, and yet it was her impression that Ceiril was still in the later stages of reconstruction... "A survivor?" She whispered to herself as the thought came aloud. Just the thought of it prompted her to stand a little straighter, her focus now on this singular woman.

User Image

Arbiter of Spirits
Yerinae Desrani

Orbital Original Cannon
Well, it's not really a tangible distance. Each plane has several gatestones that act as teleporters from plane to plane. Let's assume there was one in town, and I know there's another in Safehaven, so we'll call it that. As for a Celeste's abilities? I'm pretty sure I covered that in the description given over PM. I'm not sure what more I can say there, other than they're free to grow on their own in terms of what they choose to be good at.

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma noticed a couple of Rhakera sparring, but she ignored it. She kept an eye out for anyone that resembled the twins' descriptions. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a woman on a pillar. Nearly everyone else within sight was communicating with someone. Surely, someone with any knowledge of what was going on wouldn't be in the mood to converse much.

She approached the lone woman, taking a quick observance. The woman had fiery red hair, an outfit made of quality materials and a staff; this all showed that she was someone of significance. She stopped near the pillar and looked up, "Excuse me, I am looking for a Lyrandis or his twin sister. Could you help me find one of them?" she asked. Most people would comply to a Celestial's wishes. It was foolish for people to assume that all Celestials were all working for the common good. Granted, Emma made it her mission to fight for prosperity. However, she still doesn't trust many people.

She hoped that this woman would be able to help her. Even if she did find one of the twins, how would she approach them? Would they even consider her joining them? She never felt so unprepared for something so important.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ompany . . . Serra
                                            ood . . . Determined

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

I should be less busy for a while now. lol

Devoted Friend

User Image
Lyrandis Desrani
Warden of Souls

I should think not.

Yerinae raised an eyebrow at the Celeste's request, though after a moment she gave a shrug to herself and slid off the pillar, landing with a deft fold of her knees on the street below and taking a moment to look her over. Whether it was coincidence or not that brought her directly to one of the pair she was looking for, she couldn't say - though, Celestial did have a tendency to have stellar fortune, if rumor held true in any fashion. "I may know of them." She offered, tilting her head slightly. "But in my experience, finding a time where meeting Lyrandis is within reason isn't the easiest thing to do. You'd have much better luck contacting his sister." It did take her considerable effort not to show any sign of the irony that she was that same sister. "Come on, I know the two personally; I can show you to where they usually spend their days."

With that, she gestured for the Celeste to follow her and went off in directly opposite the way Lyrandis had taken off to. He was busy enough; misdirection would have to do for the time being. "So, do you mind if I ask what about those two warrants your attention?" She asked, seeming merely curious but hiding a sense of concern behind her calm intonations. "It isn't every day a Celeste comes around with much good intention for either of their father's children, but that's another story. What's yours?"

User Image

Arbiter of Spirits
Yerinae Desrani

Orbital Original Cannon
Hooray *(^.^)* I'll admit I'm a little sick though, so I might not be performing at my peak x.x Lovely feeling, I tell you.

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma was glad that this woman seemed eager enough to help her. She sensed that this woman was a bit too curious about her reasoning for speaking with the twins, especially when she asked whey she wanted to see them. "It has to do with their father. My intentions are what you would call good." she said with a reassuring smile.

She wasn't expecting the girl to ask about her "story". She had a feeling that it was going to take a little while to get to their destination, so she decided to humor the woman with a little back story but was careful not to give too much away. "I have lived through many wars and outlived the ones I love. I have a personal duty to help maintain balance and order in the worlds." she stated matter-of-factly. Time appeared to have made her emotions about the past numb. "Out of curiosity, who may you be? And how do you know the twins?"

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ocation . . . Safehaven
                                            ompany . . . Yerinae
                                            ood . . . Determined

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

I hope you feel better soon! This was such a short post! I'm sorry. Once I really know the background info well, I'll be less timid with my writing. lol Still trying to remember the stuff you told me. smile

Devoted Friend

User Image
Lyrandis Desrani
Warden of Souls

I should think not.

Yerinae slowed slightly and looked over to the Celeste with a pleasant chuckle and a knowing smile. She was definitely a survivor of Ceiril's destruction - and such a shame; her father would have benefitted so much if he had even known about her. When asked her name however - let alone her affiliation with the twins, she had to think quickly. Ultimately, she offered a shrug. "My name is Yerinae." She offered, taking some comfort in the fact that the Celeste had not used her name in indicating whom she was looking for. "I'm a friend to a couple of the people the twins have working with them, and I tend to be pretty well-informed myself."

After a moment she came to a stop at an intersection, taking a brief glance around before continuing on to the left, seeming somewhat distracted for a moment. "But, I'm still curious what manner of business with them you might have. They mean to finish the conflict; I get the feeling you've seen enough war in your lifetime so far that you deserve to live in the peace Silverlight provides as it is. Forgive me if it seems out of place, but something doesn't quite add up..."

User Image

Arbiter of Spirits
Yerinae Desrani

Orbital Original Cannon
Ha, don't worry. There are a couple syntax errors I'm catching here and there, but honestly you're doing fine (>^.^)> I'll be there to let you know if things go wrong, don't worry.

Feral Unicorn

User Image

Emma

Emma seemed to buy Yerinae's speech. She never heard her name mentioned before, so she wouldn't know the difference. The fact that she mentioned that she was well-informed peaked her interest, "Do you happen to know anything about their involvement with current affairs?" she ask with a tone that, if she in fact knew what was going on, she'd pick up on.

She felt reluctant and almost defensive when Yenari mentioned that her situation seemed out of place. Yerinae had a point, but Emma wasn't about to reveal her entire intent. She wants to end the conflict, but deep down, she wished she would be one of those silver blinding lights. This era was tragic and lonely for her; nothing was left for her to care about aside from her feigning her compassion for the innocent, for even they will all die in time as she has witnessed many times before.

"My dealings are only to be between myself and the twins right now. I cannot tell you anything else." she said bluntly, averting eye contact. This action was very unlike a Celeste. They normally maintained a calm demeanor to preserve their eternal dignity at all costs.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                            ocation . . . Safehaven
                                            ompany . . . Yerinae
                                            ood . . . Reluctant

OutOfCharacter┋┋┋

Alright. I'm still not even sure exactly what Emma is going to do when it comes to telling them what she plans on doing. Haha xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff