Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 24th

Basil turned his head towards Fiona's voice, glad that the disguise over the body was still in place should she enter the room. His cover would be blown if she could recognize him. He picked himself off the floor and chattered his teeth for a moment in thought. He had not guaranteed Fiona's safety from Farren and Travis raged within. He leaned his head back against the wall, feeling the portal behind him open as one of his vassals from the underworld worked their way into the body to heal the wound. He couldn't stop the fast swapping of a smile to a frown from the past events.

Farren mouth quirked into a smile as he moved towards the door where the girls voice came from. As he threw it open he found the red head standing there with her hand raised, having been about to knock. Farren reached out quickly, grabbing her by the wrist and yanking her into the room. Fiona gasped and tried to resist but the jerking threw her off balance and she hit the ground hard on her knees. Her breath hitched with fear and her hands began to heat in reaponse to the adrenaline spike as Farren reached down to grab her by the hair. He frowned as she flailed, the touch of her skin burning whenever it came into contact with him. He growled in frustration. "Do you have anything to restrain her with?"

Basil frowned at Farren, not wanting to speak out loud. Finally he shifted his attention to Fiona, changing his appearance in her memories so he would be but a stranger and recognize nothing of his demon powers. "Well considering she's a fire dragon, you're going to need morning glory or something with a very high melting point so... no, nothing on hand."

Farren frowned, pressing the girls arms together and yanking her to the ground to pin her arms out so she couldn't continue her assault for the moment. "Torik Bik Slid'ah" He commanded, frowning when his minion did not appear before him. He wrinkled his nose in distaste as the rest of the girl's body began to radiate with heat. He reaching out and shoved spikes from his finger tips into her sides. "Stop that." He muttered in distaste. Her face scrunched in pain and she drew her lips in to keep from making any noise. "Xor. Come here." He commanded when Torik continued not to show. The dark skinned fae appeared and glanced around the room.

"My lord?" Xor asked in confusion.

"Hedge bind weed. Quickly." Farren said through gritted teeth. The other man nodded and then disappeared.

"TRA--" Fiona started to yell out when Farren hand clenched tightly around her throat, choking the sound out . Xor appeared shortly after and tossed a pile of morning glory, roots, dirt and all onto the ground. Farren reached out and grabbed a handful of the weed, yanking the girls head up as he wrapped the vine around her neck.

The heat ceased almost immediately and the girl was left defenseless to the assault of thorns that slices and pierced her skin. Farren's lip curled in distaste when these actions did not bring on as strong of a reaction as he would have like. "Have you, a mallet?"

"Does it look like I bring my personal dungeon with me everywhere I go?" Basil asked, taking a moment to test the arm. The demon thread that stitched the wound was burning the body as it healed it, causing the human spirit to writhe in pain and anger. He reached behind him as a vassal handed him the mallet made for the fires of hell. "Here you go, sweetcheeks."

Farren raised his brows and took the mallet offered to him with a smile. "Don't think I've forgotten your offer either, Basil." He said as he took the mallet and brought it down quickly on the girl's ribs. The air left her lungs and she gasped, struggling to regain in. "You know this plan is going rather slowly." Farren said casually as he brought the mallet again, a sickening crack resounding afterwords from the ribs breaking and Farren finally began to feel the wound start to heal. "I employed the use of a mage but so far he's been useless... I think I shall kill him once this ordeal is over."

"I don't like mages." Basil said with a frown. "Can I be there when you kill him? I would like the tasty snack..." He glanced at the dragon and his hand shot forward at her. He nearly fell on himself as he grabbed his own wrist and pinned it to the ground with a frown.

Farren shrugged. "If you'd like." He said with a sigh and he brought the hammer down again, and again on various parts of the girls body until finally he was healed. He sighed in relief and tossed the mallet aside. "So far he's only been useful for information in regards to the mage known at Keanu Kirkwall. Which is useful enough but still... mortals." He shook his head in distaste as he stood and stepped away from the half-breed who was now curled on the ground, unmoving but still conscious as the Ex-king could hear her struggling for breath.

Basil nodded from where he was, curled over the arm. "He's on my list--and his sister--" He said when his hand shot out again and he growled in frustration, "--unfinished projects can be such a problem." He said as the hand changed directions and slapped Basil in the face. He blinked at the contact but didn't feel the pain.

Farren nodded. "I agree. Speaking of..." He said and glanced down at the girl. "Should we kill her? Unless she possesses expedited healing I doubt she'd make it through the night anyway if you're in need of a soul." He said with his back to the demon, wiping his hands clean of blood. He turned back towards Basil at the sound of the slap with furrowed brows. "Problems with your vessel?"

"Yes..." He said, blocking their conversation from Fiona completely. "Travis really cares for her and is fighting me--" Suddenly his body lunged forward and Basil hit the ground with a thud. He cleared his throat and picked himself up. "She can't die or I'm not going to hold to this body much longer."

Farren laughed heartedly at the demon falling on his face. "Well then, for your sake I hope she can heal herself, less you have to call a mortal physician." He said and reached out to nudge the girl with his foot, she tried to recoil but stopped from the agony that moving caused. Farren smiled, drinking in the feeling before turning to Basil once more. "So, what shall we do about the elf?"

"Other problems at hand..." Basil grunted, laying on the human's arms. "Get the phone out of her pocket--I swear if you broke it, I'm going to make you do something much worse than cluck like a chicken..." He raised his brows and knelt down beside the girl, silent tears running down her face as he reached into her dress and produced a small rectangular device. He turned it over in his hand for a moment, observing it before tossing it to demon. The hands came out from under the body and caught the phone. Basil put his face to the ground with a sigh as the hands moved with practiced ease to text Keanu to come heal Fiona, someone attacked her. He dropped the phone and stood, in control of the body once more. He opened a portal and glanced at Farren. "We'll talk more in my office; trouble is coming here to keep her from dying." He said stepping through.

---

As soon as the men were gone Zachary reached our towards Skyler, a hand pressed to his side to stop the bleeding. "Sky, are you ok?"

"I'm ok." She said, sitting up to wipe the blood splatter off her face. She looked at Zachary's wound and shifted to put her hand on it as well. "Are you?" She looked around, wondering who the gunner was. When a man stepped out of the woods, cloaked by magic to keep from being seen or sensed, she moved closer to Zachary. "Did you--"

"Are you two alright?" He asked, setting his gun aside to pull out a field bandage kit. He reached out to put a temporary dressing on the wounds.

Zach nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said but his face betrayed his words as it stayed scrunched in pain. He took Skyler's hand, mind still reeling from everything that happened as the man dressed their wounds.

The gunner frowned. "This is going to need to be healed much faster than he can do on his own..." He looked at Skyler and Zachary as he stood up. "Do you have a car near by?"

"My car is by the road--" She started when she felt small paws on her. "Bo!" She scooped him up with her free hand and he licked her face. "Yes, I'm alright." She said, nuzzling the lil fox.

"Alright, I'll have to take you to the manor and get you stitched up... can't have a hospital asking questions." The guy glanced at the purse bag in confusion but picked it up and handed it to Skyler. "Take me back to your car." He said, moving to the other side of Zachary to help him walk if he needed it.

Zachary shook his head and did his best to walk on his own as they made their way back towards the car. "Thank you, who ever you are." He said to the guard as he tried not to breath to deeply from the pain in his ribs.

He reached into his pocket to pull out an orb that had two arrows unaligned. He twisted it and he and Zachery disappeared. Skyler looked at the man then raised her brows. "That... was made by elves, wasn't it?"

"Yes. Please get us to the car and open the back door for the two of us." He directed. Skyler nodded and moved ahead. She held the door open until the man had her boyfriend in the back seat and returned to visibility. Skyler closed the door and moved to the driver side seat, guiding them towards the manor.

Zachary leaned his head back on the seat and let out a slight laugh with a smile. "Water elementals now... monsters and elves. I never realized how oblivious I was to the world before..."

Skyler looked in the rear view mirror. "I'm an elf... and we are heading to the... vampire manor?" She looked at the gunner guy as she turned off the road.

"Yes, thankfully it isn't too far from here." The guy said with a nod.

Zachary gave another dizzy laugh. "No wonder you're so beautiful."

Skyler blushed slightly and turned into the manor. The man was already trying to unload Zachary before they were even at a full stop. She got out, grabbing Bo's bag as she went. The guy helped Zach inside and into the lower level medical area. He pushed the door open. "We have a human." He said and helped Zachery onto the table.

Crystal turned to him and stood up. "What hurt him?"

"Farren." He explained, grabbing Skyler's shoulder to keep her from rushing into the room. Crystal nodded and grabbed the vile of vampire blood to mix into an injection--unsure if he would drink it or not.

Zachary laid back on the table, his breathing swallowed from the pain in his lungs. "Hey." He said to Crystal with a smile. "I remember you. You... used to push me around in wheel chair at the hospital after the fire..."

Crystal smiled at him. "Zachary; you've grown up a lot." She said, injecting the blood into him and watching the wound start to heal. It was a small amount so it probably wouldn't heal him completely. She turned to look for some weaker pain killers for him. "What do you do now?" She asked as she did this. The guy guided Skyler to a seat, where she waited with a slight frown of worry.

Zachary smiled back at the woman as the medication she gave him started to kick in. "Well, I've almost finished all my training to be a vet. All that's left is my large animal certification. Just found out that vampires and elves are a thing." He said and laughed again, running a hand over his face.

"I'm so glad to hear that, Zachery. That's what you wanted to be when you grew up, wasn't it?" She looked at the man who had brought them in. He left to go find Isaac. "This could just be a crazy dream thought..."

"Yeah ever since Pika and the fire..." Zachary muttered as he tried to sit up. "It could be a dream buuut the pain says otherwise..."

Crystal frowned and Skyler got up and moved to him. Bo jumped from her arms and started to lick Zachary's arm and yip in excitement. "We're having someone else come in but you are going to be ok." Crystal said, moving to step outside to wait for Isaac to get there. Skyler hugged Zachary the best she could.

Zachary reached out to hug her back and rested his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop that guy... I can't bare to think about what would have happened if that guard hadn't shown up..."

Skyler nodded and kissed his cheek. "It is ok... they were very strong and dangerous people... thank you for trying."

The door opened and Isaac, in his purple suit stepped inside with Crystal. "The thing that attacked you, can you tell me what you remember?"

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 24th

As soon as the men were gone Zachary reached our towards Skyler, a hand pressed to his side to stop the bleeding. "Sky, are you ok?"

"I'm ok." She said, sitting up to wipe the blood splatter off her face. She looked at Zachary's wound and shifted to put her hand on it as well. "Are you?" She looked around, wondering who the gunner was. When a man stepped out of the woods, cloaked by magic to keep from being seen or sensed, she moved closer to Zachary. "Did you--"

"Are you two alright?" He asked, setting his gun aside to pull out a field bandage kit. He reached out to put a temporary dressing on the wounds.

Zach nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said but his face betrayed his words as it stayed scrunched in pain. He took Skyler's hand, mind still reeling from everything that happened as the man dressed their wounds.

The gunner frowned. "This is going to need to be healed much faster than he can do on his own..." He looked at Skyler and Zachary as he stood up. "Do you have a car near by?"

"My car is by the road--" She started when she felt small paws on her. "Bo!" She scooped him up with her free hand and he licked her face. "Yes, I'm alright." She said, nuzzling the lil fox.

"Alright, I'll have to take you to the manor and get you stitched up... can't have a hospital asking questions." The guy glanced at the purse bag in confusion but picked it up and handed it to Skyler. "Take me back to your car." He said, moving to the other side of Zachary to help him walk if he needed it.

Zachary shook his head and did his best to walk on his own as they made their way back towards the car. "Thank you, who ever you are." He said to the guard as he tried not to breath to deeply from the pain in his ribs.

He reached into his pocket to pull out an orb that had two arrows unaligned. He twisted it and he and Zachery disappeared. Skyler looked at the man then raised her brows. "That... was made by elves, wasn't it?"

"Yes. Please get us to the car and open the back door for the two of us." He directed. Skyler nodded and moved ahead. She held the door open until the man had her boyfriend in the back seat and returned to visibility. Skyler closed the door and moved to the driver side seat, guiding them towards the manor.

Zachary leaned his head back on the seat and let out a slight laugh with a smile. "Water elementals now... monsters and elves. I never realized how oblivious I was to the world before..."

Skyler looked in the rear view mirror. "I'm an elf... and we are heading to the... vampire manor?" She looked at the gunner guy as she turned off the road.

"Yes, thankfully it isn't too far from here." The guy said with a nod.

Zachary gave another dizzy laugh. "No wonder you're so beautiful."

Skyler blushed slightly and turned into the manor. The man was already trying to unload Zachary before they were even at a full stop. She got out, grabbing Bo's bag as she went. The guy helped Zach inside and into the lower level medical area. He pushed the door open. "We have a human." He said and helped Zachery onto the table.

Crystal turned to him and stood up. "What hurt him?"

"Farren." He explained, grabbing Skyler's shoulder to keep her from rushing into the room. Crystal nodded and grabbed the vile of vampire blood to mix into an injection--unsure if he would drink it or not.

Zachary laid back on the table, his breathing swallowed from the pain in his lungs. "Hey." He said to Crystal with a smile. "I remember you. You... used to push me around in wheel chair at the hospital after the fire..."

Crystal smiled at him. "Zachary; you've grown up a lot." She said, injecting the blood into him and watching the wound start to heal. It was a small amount so it probably wouldn't heal him completely. She turned to look for some weaker pain killers for him. "What do you do now?" She asked as she did this. The guy guided Skyler to a seat, where she waited with a slight frown of worry.

Zachary smiled back at the woman as the medication she gave him started to kick in. "Well, I've almost finished all my training to be a vet. All that's left is my large animal certification. Just found out that vampires and elves are a thing." He said and laughed again, running a hand over his face.

"I'm so glad to hear that, Zachery. That's what you wanted to be when you grew up, wasn't it?" She looked at the man who had brought them in. He left to go find Isaac. "This could just be a crazy dream thought..."

"Yeah ever since Pika and the fire..." Zachary muttered as he tried to sit up. "It could be a dream buuut the pain says otherwise..."

Crystal frowned and Skyler got up and moved to him. Bo jumped from her arms and started to lick Zachary's arm and yip in excitement. "We're having someone else come in but you are going to be ok." Crystal said, moving to step outside to wait for Isaac to get there. Skyler hugged Zachary the best she could.

Zachary reached out to hug her back and rested his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop that guy... I can't bare to think about what would have happened if that guard hadn't shown up..."

Skyler nodded and kissed his cheek. "It is ok... they were very strong and dangerous people... thank you for trying."

The door opened and Isaac, in his purple suit stepped inside with Crystal. "The thing that attacked you, can you tell me what you remember?"

Zachary looked up at the man that entered and furrowed his brows. "Uh it was like... a smoke monster attacking her. I don't know what grabbed me, only that he had black spikes all over him..."

"I couldn't see what was attacking me," Skyler echoed, holding to Zachary's arm, "and I could tell it was a fae that attacked Zach... the fae and the elves have never seen eye to eye..." She mused aloud, glancing at Isaac. When he nodded, he turned to Crystal, telling her to find a vampire who has fed to clean up their memories. "No!" Skyler said, clinging to Zach and Isaac's brows rose. "Please don't take his memories away..."

"This is dangerous--him knowing."

"He's know about us for a while please... don't take his memories away." She pleaded. Isaac sighed and put his hands on his hips.

Crystal glanced at him then at the two on the table. "I'll vouch for him. He's not a bad kid Isaac. There isn't a threat from him towards anyone."

Zachary nodded, glancing between the two. "Don't worry. You're secrets are safe with me." He said patted Skyler's arm. "It's fascinating but really, who would believe me anyway. I'm better off just keeping my mouth shut, especially if it keeps Sky safer."

Isaac glanced at Crystal and she looked at him. "I don't smell any lies." She said flatly and Isaac sighed. Crystal smiled at that and looked at them. "Looks like you two got lucky."

"I'm going to need your name, address, and contact numbers written down before you leave." Isaac said and Crystal went to get a pad of paper and a pen for him. He turned to leave, shaking his head. Zachary nodded and began to spout off his address and contact information to Crystal, squeezing Skyler's hand in the process.

"There you go." She said and started to remove the field bandage. When it seemed the top was healed, she nodded. "Take it easy still because the inside is still working on healing up and you may have to recover at more human speeds, but you're good to go for now." She looked at Skyler. "I trust that you can heal yourself?"

"I have... ways to heal myself, yes." She said, shifting her feet slightly, "But I'm not hurt." She picked up Bo and tried to help Zachary off the examination table. "Come on, we can go home and curl up by the fire with some carrots..."

Zachary nodded and got down from the table. "That sounds awesome. I just picked up some organic ranch dipping sauce too." He said with a smile and reached over to pet Bo's head as they made their way towards the door.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 24th

Basil turned his head towards Fiona's voice, glad that the disguise over the body was still in place should she enter the room. His cover would be blown if she could recognize him. He picked himself off the floor and chattered his teeth for a moment in thought. He had not guaranteed Fiona's safety from Farren and Travis raged within. He leaned his head back against the wall, feeling the portal behind him open as one of his vassals from the underworld worked their way into the body to heal the wound. He couldn't stop the fast swapping of a smile to a frown from the past events.

Farren mouth quirked into a smile as he moved towards the door where the girls voice came from. As he threw it open he found the red head standing there with her hand raised, having been about to knock. Farren reached out quickly, grabbing her by the wrist and yanking her into the room. Fiona gasped and tried to resist but the jerking threw her off balance and she hit the ground hard on her knees. Her breath hitched with fear and her hands began to heat in reaponse to the adrenaline spike as Farren reached down to grab her by the hair. He frowned as she flailed, the touch of her skin burning whenever it came into contact with him. He growled in frustration. "Do you have anything to restrain her with?"

Basil frowned at Farren, not wanting to speak out loud. Finally he shifted his attention to Fiona, changing his appearance in her memories so he would be but a stranger and recognize nothing of his demon powers. "Well considering she's a fire dragon, you're going to need morning glory or something with a very high melting point so... no, nothing on hand."

Farren frowned, pressing the girls arms together and yanking her to the ground to pin her arms out so she couldn't continue her assault for the moment. "Torik Bik Slid'ah" He commanded, frowning when his minion did not appear before him. He wrinkled his nose in distaste as the rest of the girl's body began to radiate with heat. He reaching out and shoved spikes from his finger tips into her sides. "Stop that." He muttered in distaste. Her face scrunched in pain and she drew her lips in to keep from making any noise. "Xor. Come here." He commanded when Torik continued not to show. The dark skinned fae appeared and glanced around the room.

"My lord?" Xor asked in confusion.

"Hedge bind weed. Quickly." Farren said through gritted teeth. The other man nodded and then disappeared.

"TRA--" Fiona started to yell out when Farren hand clenched tightly around her throat, choking the sound out . Xor appeared shortly after and tossed a pile of morning glory, roots, dirt and all onto the ground. Farren reached out and grabbed a handful of the weed, yanking the girls head up as he wrapped the vine around her neck.

The heat ceased almost immediately and the girl was left defenseless to the assault of thorns that slices and pierced her skin. Farren's lip curled in distaste when these actions did not bring on as strong of a reaction as he would have like. "Have you, a mallet?"

"Does it look like I bring my personal dungeon with me everywhere I go?" Basil asked, taking a moment to test the arm. The demon thread that stitched the wound was burning the body as it healed it, causing the human spirit to writhe in pain and anger. He reached behind him as a vassal handed him the mallet made for the fires of hell. "Here you go, sweetcheeks."

Farren raised his brows and took the mallet offered to him with a smile. "Don't think I've forgotten your offer either, Basil." He said as he took the mallet and brought it down quickly on the girl's ribs. The air left her lungs and she gasped, struggling to regain in. "You know this plan is going rather slowly." Farren said casually as he brought the mallet again, a sickening crack resounding afterwords from the ribs breaking and Farren finally began to feel the wound start to heal. "I employed the use of a mage but so far he's been useless... I think I shall kill him once this ordeal is over."

"I don't like mages." Basil said with a frown. "Can I be there when you kill him? I would like the tasty snack..." He glanced at the dragon and his hand shot forward at her. He nearly fell on himself as he grabbed his own wrist and pinned it to the ground with a frown.

Farren shrugged. "If you'd like." He said with a sigh and he brought the hammer down again, and again on various parts of the girls body until finally he was healed. He sighed in relief and tossed the mallet aside. "So far he's only been useful for information in regards to the mage known at Keanu Kirkwall. Which is useful enough but still... mortals." He shook his head in distaste as he stood and stepped away from the half-breed who was now curled on the ground, unmoving but still conscious as the Ex-king could hear her struggling for breath.

Basil nodded from where he was, curled over the arm. "He's on my list--and his sister--" He said when his hand shot out again and he growled in frustration, "--unfinished projects can be such a problem." He said as the hand changed directions and slapped Basil in the face. He blinked at the contact but didn't feel the pain.

Farren nodded. "I agree. Speaking of..." He said and glanced down at the girl. "Should we kill her? Unless she possesses expedited healing I doubt she'd make it through the night anyway if you're in need of a soul." He said with his back to the demon, wiping his hands clean of blood. He turned back towards Basil at the sound of the slap with furrowed brows. "Problems with your vessel?"

"Yes..." He said, blocking their conversation from Fiona completely. "Travis really cares for her and is fighting me--" Suddenly his body lunged forward and Basil hit the ground with a thud. He cleared his throat and picked himself up. "She can't die or I'm not going to hold to this body much longer."

Farren laughed heartedly at the demon falling on his face. "Well then, for your sake I hope she can heal herself, less you have to call a mortal physician." He said and reached out to nudge the girl with his foot, she tried to recoil but stopped from the agony that moving caused. Farren smiled, drinking in the feeling before turning to Basil once more. "So, what shall we do about the elf?"

"Other problems at hand..." Basil grunted, laying on the human's arms. "Get the phone out of her pocket--I swear if you broke it, I'm going to make you do something much worse than cluck like a chicken..." He raised his brows and knelt down beside the girl, silent tears running down her face as he reached into her dress and produced a small rectangular device. He turned it over in his hand for a moment, observing it before tossing it to demon. The hands came out from under the body and caught the phone. Basil put his face to the ground with a sigh as the hands moved with practiced ease to text Keanu to come heal Fiona, someone attacked her. He dropped the phone and stood, in control of the body once more. He opened a portal and glanced at Farren. "We'll talk more in my office; trouble is coming here to keep her from dying." He said stepping through. Farren glanced at the portal and nodded, following the demon through.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 24th

Keanu was tending to a potion that was brewing on the stove when he heard his phone go off in the other room. He furrowed his brows and glanced in that direction. "Valerie? Could you please go see what that says? I have to keep stirring this otherwise it won't brew properly."

Valerie looked up from her sketch book and nodded. She set the book aside and went to his phone. She frowned and returned to him. "Fiona hurt bleeding may die, going after attacker... Travis?" She turned to the phone to him.

Keanu turned to look at the phone and then back towards the potion. If he abandoned it now, that would be three days of work down the drain. He sighed in thought before nodding to himself. "Ealahir! Come stir this until I return!" He said and waited for the squirelly fae to come out from the other end of the house, hands out to take the spoon. Keanu stepped back and let the boy take it before turning to Valerie. "I suppose we should get going. Will you be accompanying me?" He asked her with raised brows.

Valerie nodded. "Of course." She said and reached out for his hand.

Keanu took her hand and stole a quick kiss for energy before flitting them out of the house and reappearing in Travi's apartment. He glanced around at the empty living room and furrowed his brows, letting go of Valerie as he called out "Fiona?" There was no verbal response but he could hear a muffled groan from the main bedroom.

Valerie glanced around and went to the bedroom door. She pushed it open and gasped at the sight. "Oh Fiona is here." She said to Keanu, stepping inside and putting a hand on her arm. Keanu followed Valerie into the room and frowned at the girl before turning abruptly to the kitchen. He was going to need more energy for this.

"Vivi?" Fiona said through shallow breath as she tried to turn towards the girl.

Valerie offered to help her, frowning slightly. "What happened?" She asked, feeling a frost cover her skin in concern for her friend. She knew Keanu could help her thought, and that brought her some ease.

"Where are all the cookies!" Keanu called from the kitchen in confusion. "There's always tons of cookies!"

"Travis... hasn't wanted--" Fiona started but then gave up on where she was going with the sentence, choosing instead to close her eyes and trying to block out the pain.

Keanu emerged back into the room shortly after with a mouth full of various foods that should not have been combined together. He ignored the taste thought as he knelt down next to the girl and set to work, healing the more fatal damage first. "Valerie can you please, get a cloth to help clean the open wounds?"

Valerie stood up and went to the bathroom to do as he asked. She returned, the cloth slightly damp and set to work. "When you feel like talking, can you tell us what happened?"

Fiona nodded, already feeling somewhat better from the magic that Keanu was weaving. At least well enough that every breath didn't bring with it the sensation of being crushed and stabbed all at once. "I wanted to check on... Travis but... there was a man with black eyes. He... the morning glory... I couldn't fight back. I don't know where he is. I... I don't know what to do..." She said sniffling as her breath hitched, wincing as Valerie ran the cloth over more sensitive areas.

Valerie frowned at her and began to pull the vines from her--what she figured was the morning glory. "Keanu got a text saying Travis was going after your attacker..." She looked at Keanu though, thinking about the black eyes comment.

Keanu caught this two and returned her gaze with a frown, continuing his work. "Can you describe the black eyed man better?"

"Uh... He had dark hair too and there were black spikes that grew from his skin. How... did Travis text you when he wasn't here? He wasn't... I tried to call out for him but the man wouldn't let me."

Valerie frowned. "Do you think it's a trap?"

"I don't know? There was another man here too... but I can't... every time I try to remember what he looked like it changes in my head." Fiona muttered as Keanu helped her to sit up so he could more easy reach her ribs to heal them.

"Sounds like Farren... Val do you still have the phone? Text Travis and ask him for details about what happened. I think her memory has been tampered with." Valerie pulled the phone out and texted the number. A message tone went off, simply three feet away. She leaned over and grabbed it, looking at Keanu in confusion. "Great." Keanu muttered and tried to reach out to find Travis's energy. When he couldn't find it after a minute he shifted his jaw and frowned deeply. "I cant pick up on his energy... At all."

"It's been really weak ever since..." Fiona paused, glancing uncomfortably over at the male twin. "Never mind."

Valerie furrowed her brows in question at Fiona. "What? What happened?"

Fiona shook her head and glanced down at the ground, not wanting to meet her friends eyes as she lied. "Ever since... He stopped eating cookies."

"Perhaps he is just drained then?" She asked Keanu. Keanu shook his head and stood, the worst of the wounds healed now as he moved towards the bed and tried to get a read off the signatures in the room, emotions clinging to the patterns like a scroll of memories to decipher.

Fiona slowly fell forward, placing her head in Valerie's lap, her arms curled to her chest as she tried to think of what to do, or how Travis knew to text Valerie and Keanu. If he knew what was going on then why didn't he help her? Where had he gone? Valerie gently rubbed her back in concern and looked to Keanu. "What should we do? Should we take Fiona to the manor like Celia and Jade?"

Keanu nodded. "That would most likely be for the best.." He said, frowning in thought at the traces of darkness that lingered to the sheets. Anger. Hatred. Helplessness.

Fiona shook her head. "What if Travis comes back and he needs help. What if he's hurt too I can't just leave."

"Travis is more than capable of taking care of himself... or at least I hope." He muttered as he stood and moved to go pack a bag for the red headed girl.

When Keanu had left the room Fiona sat up and shook her head, looking at Valerie. "Promise you won't say anything yet but Travis hasn't been acting like himself at all. He messed with that crystal and it's almost like he's a totally different person all together. He says he's in a rut. I want to help him but... it hurts. A lot."

Valerie's brows shot up. "You should tell Keanu... he might be having some serious problems..." She whispered to her.

"I was going to but... He said that Keanu would assume the worst and has been looking for an excuse to put him down ever since junior year. He said that he just needed the extra energy from the crystal and the look on his face... It made me feel bad and I kept thinking things would get better but they keep getting worse..." Fiona whispered back, glancing towards the door.

"Keanu isn't..." Valerie said slowly then frowned. "I won't let him. Keanu helped him more than once when he could have left him for dead. He won't do that to him, Fiona."

"Really? Because I really think he needs help... He won't admit it but after he started to bring other girls home I called Jade and she made this off hand comment that he was acting like he used to when he was possessed and... When I'm close to him his energy doesn't feel like him anymore but he get's mad every time I bring it up and shuts me out..." Fiona frowned as Keanu came back into the room and tossed a bag of clothes to the ground.

"Come on, I'm taking you to the manor. They may even be able to give you blood to help with the rest of the minor cuts and scrapes." Keanu said and glanced over at Valerie with a gesture that said 'let's go'.

Valerie was staring at Fiona, frowning. She stood up slowly and helped Fiona up. "You should tell him... and get help..."

Fiona took Valerie's arm and glanced nervously between her and the male twin. "Would you ever hurt Travis?" She asked hesitantly.

Keanu paused and blinked at the girl. "Only if it mean protecting those I love." He said honestly and glanced over at Valerie. "Why do you ask?"

The red headed girl turned to Valerie in concern, shaking her head as she pressed her lips together, worried now that she might have said too much. "Tell him, Fiona... hurting Travis isn't the same as killing him." Valerie said with a frown.

Keanu stared at Valerie for a moment before sighing with a nod. "It is not. I would not kill Travis unless there were absolutely no other options and considering the wide array of powers we all possess then I can't think a situation where that would applicable."

Fiona glanced over at him and narrowed her eyes. "What if... He was possessed?"

"Then he needs to be exorcised again and that crystal destroyed this time." Keanu said, shifting his jaw in anger as he glanced towards the bed, thinking through all the emotions he had picked up on. It fit. That's what made Keanu nervous. "Come one let's get you somewhere safe."

"But I want--" Fiona started

"I will wait here to speak with Travis. You have my word I will not kill him if that's what you're concerned about. I'm not certain I could on my own regardless..."

Valerie looked at Keanu in worry. "Do you want me to stay with you?" She asked.

Keanu shook his head. "No. I need you to make sure Fiona get's to the manor."

Fiona shook her head. "No, if your staying then I want to stay too!" She said and glanced over at Valerie in the hopes of back up in this matter. Keanu sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Valerie furrowed her brows in worry for Keanu before nodding and handing him his phone. "Ok, we will head that way." She looked at Fiona. "It'll be a bit of a walk ok?" She picked up the bag Keanu packed for her and put it on her back.

Fiona frowned at Valerie and opened her mouth to protest again but knew she was out numbered. She took Valerie's arm and sighed. "I don't like this Vivi. I don't like the idea of leaving... Especially if he is... Possessed then I want to help him."

"You are helping him by getting out of harms way." She said and lead her outside. Fiona said nothing in response but let herself be led by the other girl, out the door and away from the apartment.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 24th

Basil reopened the portal after letting Farren out somewhere farther away from the apartment. He frowned slightly at the sight of Keanu sitting on the bed. Travis found himself in control with Basil whispering to him in his thoughts. "Play along and say what I tell you to or I'll order Farren to tear that dragon apart limb by limb and make you watch..." Travis swallowed the lump in his throat and stepped out of the portal in exhaustion. His body still hurt from the hell fire and hole in the shirt was still quite clear from the gun shot. Basil didn't even bother cleaning the blood out of his clothes. "Keanu, what are you doing here?"

Keanu looked up as Travis walked into the room. He furrowed his brows at the sight of the blood. "You called me here. A better question would be why we're you not here... Fiona was badly injured. You should have stayed by her at least until I got here but... She says you weren't here at all so I'm curious as to how you knew to text me in the first place."

Travis stared at him, flexing his hands slightly at the numb feeling in them as Basil whispered in his mind. "I went after... Farren..." He said finally, "I didn't... want him to get away... and tried to get the jump on him... I didn't want to take him and his... friend alone."

"Well she's healed now. I had Valerie take her back to the manor for the time being. I didn't want her hanging around in case they came back. Plus with the all the dark energy hanging around I wasn't sure if the apartment had been marked or tainted. How have you been feeling?" Keanu asked and narrowed his eyes at Travis in suspicion.

Travis shifted and sat down on the bed. "Drained... Fiona and I broke up... in October and..." He rubbed his face. "She can't handle the break up... she's been making things up about me but I... don't want to kick her out. I've tried to bring people... here to help her see but it isn't... working." He felt his hands shaking and folded his fingers together. "I don't want her to be hurt here so if you feel that is best..." He concluded his statement.

Keanu furrowed his brows in response. "She didn't mention anything about a break up. Then again she was having trouble talking but all she mentioned was that you had been acting out if character and she felt you may be possessed. I tried searching for the crystal but could not locate it. At least not by energy... The emotional stains in the area seemed to match her story..."

"Like I said... we broke up and I've been... trying to deal with my emotions... trying to drain myself of energy to... sleep at night might have... left a stain."

Keanu frowned but nodded. "I have to say I'm somewhat surprised to hear about the break up. You two seemed... to be doing well. None the less I don't suppose that's any of my business... I must say though I do not approve the use of that crystal. Especially considering the substantial amount of... residue. It was an ordeal to exorcise you the first time. I don't care to repeat the experience. "

Travis nodded and listened to Basil. He straightened up slightly and hoped Keanu could pick up what he was about to say. "I am... being careful with the crystal." He felt Basil stir in distaste and he continued. "I broke up with her because I was scared of getting close... I am not fit for a relationship... I'm better off alone." The sound of chattering teeth filled his head and he had a hard time trying to think past the noise to remember the rest of what he was suppose to say.

Keanu sighed but the infliction he was placing on the words registered in his mind. He glanced up and narrowed him. "Well you should know by now those who care about you. Fiona especially. I'll keep her at the manor for now if I can. If you need any help , you know where to find me." He said and stood.

Travis nodded and stood up. "Good talk... I need to shower."

Keanu nodded. "I'm sure everything will work out." He said and then in a blink was gone. When he was gone, Basil returned to control, pulling his knife out and beginning to repeatedly stab Travis in the leg while the human spirit started to break.

Keanu reappeared and Valerie's side, frowning deeply as his mind started to turn over ways that he could fix this without dragging his sister into the matter. "Take my hand. I'll take us back to the cabin for the time being. Fiona can stay on Ynez's side of the house."

Valerie glanced at him and nodded, taking Fiona's hand as well as Keanu's. "Was he ok?"

"No." Keanu said and took her hand, flitting the three of them back to the cabin. "I believe he is, in fact tainted. I need you to help me sort through the tomes. Anything in regards to exorcism." Valerie nodded, setting Fiona's bag on the ground and going back to the study area, frowning slightly.

Fiona frowned as well, moving to follow Keanu and Valerie. "What did he say? Is he ok? "

Keanu sighed turning to his bookshelves as he began to sort out the books he knew would be useless. "He said the two of you broke up in October and he's had a hard time emotionally dealing with it and didn't have the heart to kick you out."

"W...what?" Fiona froze.

"There was coded subtext in what he was saying... He said he is not alone. I think the demon was feeding him things to say..."

Fiona covered her face with her hands and took a low breath. "Oh my god... I should have contacted someone sooner but he kept saying everything was fine." She muttered and proceeded to mutter about what an idiot she was angrily in French.

Valerie glanced at Fiona before stepping away from the bookshelf to put an arm around her. "It's alright. Keanu and Ynez were able to bind the demon away before... they both have gotten stronger then... I'm sure it can be done again and then he'll be back to his old self again." She said and glanced around. "For now though you need to try and stay calm... this place is highly flammable and if it goes up, then we aren't going to be able to do much... ok?" She the pointed out where Ynez's room and stuff was if she needed a moment to collect herself before she returned to the bookshelves.

Fiona nodded and moved to sit in the floor. "I want to help..." She said and sniffled.

Keanu did not turn to look at the girl as he spoke. "If you want to help then start looking for purification spells." He said and tuned to hand Valerie a large stack of books to hand to the dragon. Valerie glanced at the stack before bringing them over to her. She set them down, wondering if the books would be safe with the emotional dragon but decided to leave it for the time being.

Fiona took the books carefully. As soon as she noticed the pages starting to curl from the heat in her hands she set them down and took a slow breath, shifting all of her emotional focus on the idea of helping Travis, not the actions of the demon and only when her hands had returned to a normal temperature dis she pick the tome back up in search of answers to questions she wasn't even sure how to ask.

Perfect Noob

User Image
The Walker House
October 28th

Farren appeared in the woods, looking upon the large wooden home nestled in between the trees. Basil had mentioned that the mortal known at Jade was residing at the manor but, two of the men closest to her heart had decided to stay behind. A smile spread across his face as he focus on the energy patterns in the house. He blinked and reappeared in the living room, gazing around at the interior. He rolled his shoulders and thorns rippled across the surface as he moved silently towards the pattern closest to him.

Richard was in the bedroom, doing push-ups with music playing. Without Jade at the house, he had found himself worrying about her but still unwilling to leave the house. He believed that so long as they were separated, perhaps there wouldn't be a problem. Plus, the pain in the a** Riggs needed to be fed and walked since Isaac had flat out said no way to the dog being allowed in the manor. The dog in question peered up from where it was moping on Jade's side of the bed, staring at the door, a low growl arising from its throat before letting out a deep bark.

Farren stood on the other side of the door. He raised his brows at the noise and the bark before pushing the door open. He looked down at Richard for a split second before the spiked jutted out of his hand and he reached for the man. Richard had looked up in time to see the man there. He was trying to get out of reach but was grabbed--by the arm but it was enough to cause the human to wince in pain. Farren laughed and shifted his appearance to match the man. "Richard, I presume?" He said and quirked his brow before jabbing extending spikes into Richards back with his free hand.

Richard gritted his teeth at the pain and stared at the reflection of himself. "Get out of here..." He said through his teeth.

"Oh, am I intruding on something?" Farren asked with a grin and brought a fist full of spikes into the man's gut. "I am going to relish the look on her face when she finds you dead. However I think I will enjoy wearing your skin while I flay her alive even more--" Farren chuckled but was cut off by the dog launching itself at the fae and sinking it's teeth into his legs. As soon as the blood of the man filled its mouth though, Riggs drew back, shaking his head as the dark blood dripped from his mouth.

Richard took the moment of distraction to break Farren's hold on him as he had done in a few tussles before Boxing matches in the parking lot. He turned away from him, grabbing the arms of his desk chair and heaving it up to bring it against the ex-fae king. Farren frowned and stepped back as the chair hit his chest, part of the arm grazed his skin and the skin burned in response. He sighed and brought a foot up to kick the chair out of the mans grasp.

"Dude what the ******** is going on down here? You and Rigg's at it again?" Atticus called as he made his way down the stairs, popping a mouth full of cheetos.

When the chair was removed from his grasp, he grabbed the desk lamp, glad for the make shift 'extension cord' from their dorm days. He turned it in his hand for a moment before trying to strike Farren with it, hoping one of the horrifying spikes would trigger an electric shock. Farren narrowed his eyes and his eyes and grabbed the other end of the lamp as it was brought down in his direction again, yanking it to the side while his other hand shot out for Richards throat.

Atticus came into the door way to find Richard fighting... Spikey Richard. The reapers eyes widened and he glanced from the between the two. "Oh man, I have to ask Ynez what she put in those cigarettes..."

Richard raised a hand to block the grab, letting go of the lamp to slug Farren. "Not a hallucination." He snapped at Atticus.

It took a minute for Richards words to register. When they did, Atticus brows shot up. "Oh s**t!" He exclaimed and turned, turning to run out of the house and towards Richards car, grabbing the keys on the way.

Farren let his head shift with the punch. He smiled, the dark blood running down his chin from where his sharpened teeth had cut through the inside of his cheek. He swung back, two inch thorns protruding from his knuckles. Richard raised his hand to roll the punch to the side and hit him again. He was trying to keep calm but the threat Farren spoke of before continued to loop through his head. A rage began to build within him. Farren laughed when the mortals punch landed, feeling his strength grow from the pain and from the anger rolling off the man in waves. "Perhaps I'll draw it out, use her for feedings for a while. I don't think she'll last as long without the cursed blood this time though. Do you? Shall we take a bet?"

"You know what?" He said, shoving the fae away from him as a calm from years of anger management took over. "I think you're all hot air."

"Is that so?" Farren asked him, blinking behind the man and wrapping a prickled arm around his neck. "If you for a single second think that given the opportunity I won't make her, and her friends life a living hell then that is pure folly. It was a mistake to involve them the first time. They cost me my kingdom... The people at that manor can't protect her and Celia forever. I took them from there several times before I can do it again and I am going to revel in the sounds of their screams. Truth be told, I miss the sound." He said and moved to tighten his hold on the man. "Mik'ta tells me she's with child. Perhaps I will wait until afters its birth and claim the child as my slave."

Richard held to Farren's arm with one hand and grabbed at his desk with the other. "Still hot air." He gasped as his hands found a pair of scissors and he grabbed them. Unfortunately, he knew he couldn't get a good angle to stab him with in this position, but it was something with iron in it. He pulled his legs up to kick off the desk, pushing him and Farren back and into the turned over computer chair. Farren fell back on the chair and winced slightly, bringing the spikes from his hands into the mans side, aiming to sink them deep into the flesh as possible in the hopes that he would recoil and drop the metal scissors.

Richard winced but held tight to the only weapon he could get his hands on. He brought his elbow back to hit the man, hoping that the contact with the iron based metal would keep him from relishing in his only way of defending himself. Farren growled and and shifted both of their weight to pin Richard to the ground. He brought his hand back, elongating the spikes as long as he could to plunge into the man's back when suddenly something hit hit hard across the skull that burned on contact. The fae was knocked off of Richard in the process, hissing in irritation.

Atticus raised the nine iron to swing again in one hand while holding a hand out to Richard to help his friend up. Richard picked himself up, allowing his friend to pull him to his feet. He cracked his neck. "He's talking s**t about taking the baby." He told Atticus, opening his scissors and pulling them apart until they snapped, freeing the two halves. He held one of the now exposed blades in his hand, staring at Farren.

"Oh, hell no." Atticus muttered and swung at the Fae, brows furrowed in anger at the idea of any freak fae of nature taking his 'neice'. Farren blinked out of the way just as the golf club crashed into the wood, denting it in the process. When the Fae reappeared it was behind Richard as he attempted for the second time to land a killing blow.

Richard spun around, bringing the scissors into Farren's shoulder. "You already tried that one." The fae grimaced as the stainless steel blade sunk into his shoulder. He reached back to strike Richards neck only to find the the bar of the golf club pressed against his own as Atticus restrained him and used the leverage to pull him back as Richard proceeded to land a flurry of punches onto the man, the scissors still lodged in his shoulder and slowly spreading poison into Farren's system. After a few moment's Atticus stepped back, letting the club fall from the man's neck so he could rear back and hit him with club again.

Before he could however, Farren yanked the scissor blade from his flesh and was gone, blinking out into the woods where he stumbled to catch himself of a tree. The ex-king dug his thumb into the wound, drawing a sigil on the bark to summon Basil. Basil appeared, wearing Travis' skin as his normal cloak. He glanced around until he saw Farren. Instead of speaking, he simply raised his brows in surprise. Farren breathed heavily, glancing up at Basil through his eyebrows with a scowl. "Ready to fulfill that offer?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"Oooo that sounds like so much fun..." Basil raised his brows then frowned. "But it will have to be my place to keep the body alive..." He said and opened the portal for him. "And I'll expect a return of... personal taste at the end of this."

Farren shifted his jaw and nodded. "I don't care, I just need to heal. Quickly."

As Farren entered the portal, Basil bit his lip--now that he had one--and followed him in. "Understood, baby."

-----

Atticus looked around suspiciously for any sign of the fae but when he didn't return, the reaper lowered the club. "Damnit, b*****d got away..." He muttered in distaste before turning to Richard with concern. "We need to get you to a hospital dude, you're bleeding all over the place."

Richard's chest heaved and he looked down at himself, sticky with blood. "Oh god..." He muttered, feeling his stomach turn. He covered his mouth as he tried to keep from puking.

Atticus dropped the club and moved behind Richard covering his eyes with his hands. "No no no, you're find dude. You're good. It's not even that bad. We're just going to go to the car, you're going to keep your eyes closed and... not puke and we're going to go to the manor and get you patched up yeah? Unless you want me to stitch you up here..."

Richard nodded. "Just lead me there, I'm going to close my eyes and just..." His stomach turned again.

Atticus stepped forward slowly leading his friend out of the house and towards the car. "You're good. Everything's cool. Think about something that makes you happy."

"Kicking that b*****d's a**..." Richard said aloud, smiling slightly to himself.

"You already did buddy. We showed that fairy freak. Don't mess with our girls." Atticus said with a laugh as he led, Richard to the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Richard stopped and looked at Atticus, eyes wide. "Girl? We're having a girl?"

"I didn't say anything about that, now shut up and close your eyes. I don't want you getting sick in the car." Atticus said as he moved to the driver side and cranked the vehicle. "Go to your happy place."

Richard closed his eyes and leaned back in his seat. "Is it a girl? Really? Don't ******** with me man..."

Atticus sighed and glanced around through the woods, searching for any sign of the fae man. "Yes. It's a girl... and Jade was thinking about suggesting the name Kiara to you." He said with a frown. He promised he wouldn't spill the beans but considering the circumstances, he hoped it gave Richard something else to focus on.

Richard smiled and kept his eyes closed. "A girl... that's awesome..." he frowned and swallowed. "I don't feel so good..."

"I swear to go dude if you barf, I'm going to barf. I'm like three in, I can't handle that right now." Atticus muttered as he cautiously crept onto the main road. "Think about something else. You're having a baby girl. What do you want her name to be or her middle name? Focus on that."

"No I feel light headed..." Richard muttered and tried to keep himself calm. "Jesus, it's bad isn't it... really bad..."

"No it's not that bad. You're peachy. You're just light headed because of the adrenaline rush." Atticus said and glanced over in concern at his friend as he pressed harder on the gas pedal to get to the manor quicker.

Perfect Noob

User Image
The Walker House
October 28th

By the time they had reached the manor, Richard was barely keeping himself awake, flexing his hand slowly to keep awake. He glanced at his friend when they stopped, cracking his eyes slightly. "Are we here?"

"Yeah, we're here buddy. Hang tight." Atticus said and jumped out of the vehicle. "Need some help here! Pronto!" The reaper yelled as he moved to the passenger side to pick his friend up from the passenger seat.

One of the door guards frowned and raised his com device to his mouth. "The reaper and Richard Habberish are here, the later appearing gravely injured. We need a stretcher and someone needs to notify Isaac."

Richard felt like his legs were jello as he tried to walk. A pair of servants came out with a stretcher, setting it up and direction the hazy man to lay down. Richard got to a crouch before he simply fell into the stretcher. He swallowed a lump in his throat and glanced at Atticus. "I'm sorry man..." He said, convinced he was going to die at this point.

Atticus shook his head, moving along side the stretcher. "What do you have to be sorry for dude? Everything's good. We're going to get you patched up and then we're going to have to adjust some of the decorations in the nursery..."

Isaac glanced at the person who entered the room where he was having lunch with his girls and future son in law. "Sir... Atticus and Richard are here and... one in... really bad shape..." He said, glancing at the girls awkwardly and still not use to having more than Celia present for these summoning events.

Jade shot up from her chair so quickly that she got dizzy. "Oh god, Richard." She said and moved quickly towards the door, nearly shoving the guard out of the way in the process.

Isaac got up and followed her. "Jade! Wait!" He called. Celia glanced at Derek and jumped up to follow them. The servants were taking Richard to the medic area, and Celia stopped where she was, already seeing a stain forming on the fabric.

"Richard!" Jade said as panic flooded through her and she rushed to his side, next to where Atticus was. "Baby, what happened?" She said, forcing herself to walk faster to keep up with them as they carried him towards the medical wing.

"Some spiky ******** that looked like Richard showed up and was fighting Richard. He threatened the baby and we kicked his a**." Atticus explained, starting at his best friend in concern.

"You mean Farren. The guy I warned you both about?" Jade said, reaching out to take her boyfriends hand as best she could and keep up with everyone.

"Yeah. We sent him packing though."

"A lot of good that did! Look at him... Jesus christ.... Hang on sweetie... Why didn't you name command him away before this happened?" Jade demanded, looking at Atticus

"I... It slipped my mind in the moment. By the time I got down there most of this had already happened..."

"Goddamnit Atticus, I told you it was--" Jade shook her head, losing gusto to chew her friend out when all she could think of was whether or not Richard was going to be ok. She glanced up as Eli came out with an injection of vampire blood, which his injected into Richards arm as they brought him into one of the larger rooms and then moved to go get bandages.

Richard cracked his eyes to look at Jade. "I was too angry to think... sorry..."

Jade shook her head, gripping Richards hand tightly. "It ok... It's ok. All that matters is that your alive right now. Eli is going to get you patched up and you can tell me what happened when your feeling better, for now, just rest." She said as she leaned down and pressed a kiss to his forehead while Eli started to remove his shirt to dress the wounds that had already begun to slowly heal.

"Bring me another injection." He told one of the guards who moved towards the refrigerated cabinet in the room and handed another syringe to Eli, who then injected it closer towards the worst of the wounds. "Thank you. Richard, right? How are you feeling. I need you to talk to me about what's going on in your body..."

"I hurt... and I'm light headed and tired... I didn't really look at the damage cause I uh..." He took a deep breath, trying to stay awake from exhaustion even though the pain was becoming bearable. "I don't handle the sight of blood very well..." He glanced at Eli before closing his eyes again. "And my mouth is dry..."

Eli nodded as he taped the bandage in place. "All of that is completely normal. Jade why don't you go get him a cup of ice water while the treatment is kicking in. There's a break room right next door " He said and gestured with his head. Jade was hesitant but reluctantly let go of Richard hand and quickly moved towards the door. Atticus was sitting out in hall, hands in his head. He stood when he noticed her.

"Richie ok?"

"Yeah he's going to be fine." Jade responded softly with a nod and move to get the water.

Eli glanced up at Richard and smiled slightly. "This was some nasty business you got yourself into... It's hard sometimes, being a human in their world. It's confusion and-" He gestured down towards the wounds "sometimes downright dangerous. Sometimes it's hard to come to grips with just how fragile we are compared to them... When my best friend was turned, I charged a psychotic vampire trying to protect her... That went well as you can imagine... Your going to have to learn how to arm yourself and how to pick your battles son."

Richard rubbed his face with a hand. "I picked my battle just fine... He threatened Jade and my unborn child. I hit the guy with a chair, stabbed him with scissors, and I'm on the boxing team." He rolled his head to look at Eli. "And he got hit with a nine iron... we were armed and I hope the b*****d dies... but I still don't understand anything that happened during the fight..."

"Sounds like you definitely did some damage. Especially if those scissors were made of steel. Best thing you can use with the fae unless you have pure iron on you. " Eli said with a nod as he lowered the fabric of Richards shirt, stepping back and placing his hands in the pockets of his scrubs. "If he has something to feed off though then there's a chance he's walking around like nothing ever happened. That's the problem. They bounce back, us... not so much. Thankfully though we now have the means to assist ourselves in these situations. From the amount of injection I gave you, you make experience some side effects. You may be thirsty for a couple days and some of your senses might be a little more sensitive but it is temporary and will pass." He sighed and glanced towards the door as he heard the sound of Jades footsteps in the hall. "I don't blame you for getting angry and I think you did well considering... I know all of this can be overwhelming at times so if you ever have any questions or need to vent your welcome to stop by. I'll help you out however I can. Promise."

Richard nodded. "Thanks, Doc." He let out a slow breath before trying to sit up.

"I've known about this s**t for twenty three years and I still don't understand some things. Certainly not the fae. The first time I ever met them was because I was kidnapped and taken to the seelie court, which are supposed to be the good guys, and came back out looking like I'd pissed off the Russian mafia. Come to find out, they tortured and fed off of me because I was the descendant of the three hundred year old vampire that my best friend was learning from and dating. After I got out they wanted my firstborn too but Zi, the twins father, helped us out. Now I hear he's in charge of the seelie court so... yeah its over my head. I just do what I can to look out for the ones I love."

"I think that's all we can do... hell if it doesn't make me feel useless for her." Richard sighed.

"Look on the bright side. At least she'll still need help opening the pickle jar... and can't lift you as easily as one would a small child." Eli said with a playful grin.

Richard laughed and almost regretted it as he felt a dull pain in his chest. "Enjoy the small things. Got it."

Eli laughed with him and nodded. "Yup. You should probably know that all initial tests we can run for the time being seem to indicate that your daughter is human as well. She's going to look to you for guidance in all this chaos so be prepared for that... it's a little different checking for monsters under the bed if you know that there really might be monsters underneath the bed. We went through a lot of that when the kids were younger. Also prepare yourself for the fact you will absolutely be used as a practice dummy if she gets her hand on makeup and nail polish... Dresses.... Tea parties. There is no man pride left when they look up at you and with their cute little eyes. You can't say no. It's witchcraft..." He said and shook his head, trailing off as Jade enter the room again with a large cup of water for Richard.

"Here you go babe. Are you feeling any better? Is it working?"

Richard had been smiling a bit at Eli's words and looked at Jade. "Slowly but surely..." He said and eyed the glass of water. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. What were you guys talking about?" She asked with curiosity and bent the straw so Richard could drink without moving his head.

"Being human with paranormal friends and daughters." He said, taking a sip from the cup.

"Yeah? Wait a minute..." Jade said and turned towards the door with narrowed eyes. "Atticus! It was supposed to be a surprise!" She said with a frown.

"I was trying to keep him from throwing up in the car!" Atticus retorted and he leaned in the doorway.

"Also, I like the name Kiara..." He grinned and closed his eyes. "Is there anywhere I can get some sleep? I'm exhausted."

Jade shook her head. "Atticus you are so dead." She said though there was a smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "Yeah hon. You can crash in the room I'm staying in." She said and offered her hand. Eli shook his head and stepped forward to help Richard instead.

"I got him. You lead the way." Richard nodded and let the man lit him up. Once he was in the room and laying on the bed, he started to tell Jade what happened, from Riggs attacking Farren up until they arrived at the manor. Whatever details he was foggy on with the ride, Atticus picked up and filled her in on. By the time the story was over, he was nodding off, exhausted but glad they had sent the paranormal packing. Jade wore a perpetual frown as they explained all that had happened. More questions flitted through her mind but she bit her tongue. She wasn't going to press him for anymore information for the time being. Instead she drew the covers around him as Atticus moved next door so they could all sleep for the night. She curled up into his side and closed her eyes. After everything she was just thankful to have him safe and alive.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 31st

Benji tossed the bag aside as he pulled out the black pouch from the side pocket. He sighed and rubbed his face before starting to prepare the syringe for the injection to come. He glanced over at Angeline, then averted his eyes with a foreign sense of shame. "All hallows eve... Time to get to work." He muttered as he worked on securing a tourniquet around his upper arm. "Farkwad doesn't think I'm doing enough to earn my god damn money so it's time to amp the game up."

Angeline furrowed her brows from where she was sitting on a box. "Farren..." She frowned at the sight of the injection. "What are you doing there?"

"I know it was a reference to.. never mind." He said and shook his head, turning to prepare the injection with his back to her. "The drugs help me to open my consciousness. Like being in a trance. It makes magic easier..."

Angeline stared at him, silent but frowning. "Makes magic easier, or makes it easier for you to do what you plan on doing?"

Benji sighed and brought the needle to the vein in his elbow. "Both." He muttered as he pushed the plunger down until the syringe was empty then started to pack everything back up. "You can stay behind tonight if you want."

Angeline shook her head and stood up. "No, I'm going to make sure you don't get yourself into too much s**t." She said and stood behind him, arms crossed.

Benji glanced back at her in thought and then nodded. "Well that's kind of the point of the night. I need to stop by the morgue first..." He said and stood, sticking the old worn book into his back pocket ad he turned towards the stairs.

Angeline followed him, "Are you going to be able to walk there?"

Benji turned back to her, his pupils widened as he shook his head. "We aren't walking..." He muttered as he held a finger up and torn a rip in the fabric between their plan and the soul realm. "Fast travel..."

Angeline glanced at the rip and shifted uneasily and took his arm. Somewhere deep down, she was scared if she walked through the realm meant for the dead, she may never walk back out. Benji took her hand in his and stepped through the rip into the foggy soul cairn of the afterlife. Once inside he waved his arm to clear a path, walking along it for a couple inured before lifting a hand and ripping out another portal that opened into the morgue of the funeral home.

Angeline stepped out first, glad to be away from the area. A flame licked it's way up her arm as she looked around then to Benji. "Going to raise the dead?" She asked even though she felt she knew the answer already.

"Well it is my forte." Benji muttered as he stepped out and moved towards the drawers, opening them up one at a time to find out which one held people and which didn't. Once the full ones were all pulled out Benji stepped back and pulled the book out of his pocket. He flipped towards a bookmarked page and started to read off the Latin incantation.

Angeline crossed her arms for a moment before stepping towards the door of the room. She glanced around to make sure no one was coming before rejoining Benji, feeling a slight pull from the magic. She shifted in discomfort and felt her eyes burning in her attempt to keep herself together. Benji held a hand out towards the rip and he moved towards the third verse, eyes rolling back in his head and turning white as he pulled stray souls into the void that he led back to the bodies. After a few minutes the bodies jerked and then sat up. Benji closed the book and put it back in his pocket, eyes returning to normal as he turned towards Angeline. "It's only going to get worse from here. Are you alright?"

Angeline turned to look at him, the flames still present. "I'm holding myself together... and you haven't gotten into trouble--yet so this is something at least."

"We need to go back through the portal now." He said as he motioned the reanimated corpses through and held his hand out to her again. "I won't let you slip."

She glanced at his hand before taking it. "I know."

Benji grasped her hand tightly and moved back into the cairn. When they would emerge for the second time it would be in the woods outside the Kirkwall house. He stepped out, shaking slightly from the souls he had drawn from while passing through the after dimension. He bent over for a moment, trying to quell the shaking before standing and turning to the woods where the house was nestled in the trees. He leaned behind a tree and took a couple slow breaths to keep the magic from getting out of hand as the door opened to the cabin. Angeline put a hand on Benji's shoulder when he started to shake. She glanced at the door when it opened and frowned slightly.

Fiona stepped out on the porch, clutching a smiling jack-o-lantern to her chest. "I'll be back Vivi. I want to take this to Travis' apartment."

"Alright, be careful!" Valerie called after her. She didn't like the idea of her going over there, but she couldn't really stop her.

Keanu sighed and rubbed his face, shaking his head at Valeire. "She read that jack o lanterns were used to keep evil spirits at bay in one of the books and there was no dissuading her..." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Benji placed his hands on top of hers before turning his attention back to the cabin, sinking down to the ground as he mentally tried to process the charms and incantations placed all over the property.

"She's worried..." She said quietly and went to sit next to Keanu, leaning her head against him. "I can't say I blame her... I'm worried about him too..."

He sighed. "I understand that but her efforts are better spent here, aiding the research of something that will actually help rather than wasting time on old wives tales about happy gutted vegetables. It makes no sense-" He started and stopped narrowing his eyes as he sat up "What the hell?"

Valerie sat up with him in confusion. "What?" She asked, looking at him then around the house. "What is it?"

"Someone is tampering with-- goddamnit. Valeire go. All the wards just shattered. Go through the portal and let my grandmother know what's going on." Keanu said as he vaulted over the back of the couch and rushed towards the door. Valerie stood up, glancing at Keanu then towards the portal he spoke of. She didn't want to leave him but... she could come back. She hurried to the portal, opening the door and stepping through and closing it behind her.

Angeline lowered herself down next to Benji. "What are you doing?"

Benji stood, digging a cigarette from his pocket and pacing it in his mouth as he turned away, motioning three of the four zombies to advance towards the house. "I torn down their protection sigils. It was... a special request. " He muttered before holding out his hand and stepping towards the void once more. Angeline stood and took his hand, glancing back at the cabin in thought. Benji stepped through the portal just as Keanu came running out of the house and fired a charge of energy at one of the corpses shambling towards the house. Benji paused in the spirit realm to send a message to the fae king and his 'colleague' that the wards were down before heading towards Lucas' parents house.

Basil sat up in the room, picking up the message--of sorts--despite the meal he had been partaking.He dumped the remains into a void to his vassals and opened another to head towards the Kirkwall residence. He masked his energy the best he could as he glanced at the zombies and the younger of the twins before slipping through another portal and into the house. He crackled his knuckles and began to dump the books into a portal--not bothering to make sure he was grabbing the proper tomes, simply whatever he could get his hands on.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Kirkwall Residence
October 31st

"Goddamnit." Keanu hissed in irritation as he tried to stop the zombies from advancing. "My sincere apologies for the desecration of your bodies." He called out before summoning flame from the jack-o-lanterns that Fiona had set out earlier that night and consuming two of the corpses. He glanced back at the house feeling a familiar darkness arise. "You have got to be kidding me." He muttered and turned to run back towards the house before Valerie came back with the demon inside.

Basil was grinning as he summoned a bit of hell fire, dropping down to the corner of a door frame. When the door opened, he looked up at the older woman who was looking down at him. "Oh no you don't." She said, waving her hand and picking the possessed boy up, causing the hell fire to go out. Valerie poked her head around Granny as Basil hung in the air with a frown.

Keanu burst through the door to see the demon suspended in mid-air by his grandmother. The twin let out a sigh of relief and shook his head. "Thank you for coming. Someone destroyed all the seals and wards on the house and there's still..." He turned glancing towards the open door. "One reanimated corpse on the front lawn to be taken care of."

Valerie stepped away from Granny to head outside. She glanced around, searching for the zombie. "I don't see it..." She muttered. Granny stepped further into the house and closed the door behind her, Basil slowly rotating where he was held and he sighed in annoyance.

Keanu raised his brows at Basil and rubbed his brows in annoyance. He was not looking forward to replacing all of the spells placed on the house. He glanced towards the table and noticed for the first time that all the research was gone. "Goddamnit!" Keanu hissed, turning toward Keanu and reaching out to exert pressure on the possessed man. "What did you do with my tomes?" He said through gritted teeth.

Basil stared at him. "I think your missing zombie may be destroying your gardens. I do believe that was in the request I made..."

Keanu shifted his jaw, the anger that arose from him almost palpable as it sparked in the air. He flitted out of the living room to the gardens where, sure enough, the one corpse he had lost track of was ripping all of the purification herbs apart. Keanu knocked the creature back with magic and to his surprise, it cried out in surprise. He made his was through the torn foliage to where the creature was laying, grabbing a shovel in the process. "Please, I was only doing as I was told." The creature protested.

Keanu paused and nodded. "I am aware. Forgive me but I must release you." He muttered in rage as he brought the shovel down onto the corpse neck repeatedly, severing the head after several strikes which was enough to break the spell that enchanted it.

Basil turned his head to look at Valerie. "I'd go help him, Valerie." She turned to look at him in confusion. "I've arranged a special surprise for Keanu." His smile grew and the sound of chattering teeth came from a relaxed mouth. Valerie stepped outside, going towards Keanu as red rings started to pop up around the property. As soon as they were both gone, he turned his attention to the older woman. "And you might want to help them too..." Granny frowned at him and glanced outside in concern. Keanu furrowed his brow at the red rings and took a step back, nearly running into Valerie in the process. He turned and grabbed her by the shoulders, pulling her towards the backdoor of the house that lead to their study. Once inside he snatched chalk from the desk and started to scribble temporarily sigils on the doorways and walls trying to ward off the room.

Basil glanced at the room then back at Granny. "You might want to hide too... it's about to be dangerous..." he muttered, his eyes turning blue as he broke the spell holding him in place. Granny stumbled back from the action but was able to correct herself. Basil hit the ground and the human's finger tips split open. He quickly clawed into the ground, making a rough sigil of his own before slipping out of a portal with a laugh. Granny glanced down at the sigil, slowly burning deeper into the floor before stepping outside. Smaller creatures were crawling out and she frowned. She stepped back inside to the staves that were kept by the door--just as Lucile had always done. She grabbed one at random and took it with her outside, using the weapon to enhance her magic to work on closing the portals.

Once the room was warded and Keanu felt his grandmothers magic he ran back outside to assist her. "Valerie, check the study, see whats still left." He called as he dashed out to the gardens and pushed his magic towards his grandmother, aiding her spells rather than trying to work his own.

Valerie nodded and went to the room. She nearly ran right into a small fire. She pulled the water from her lake to put the fire out only to see one of the bookshelves on fire. She put that out as well and glanced around. Half of the room was either missing or destroyed. She frowned and was turning to leave when she saw movement under the desk. She knelt down to see an imp pulling a bundle of scrolls with it through a portal. "Hey!" She called out, reaching under the desk only for the thing to turn around and bite her. She pulled her hand back in surprise and pain and looked at the mark. When she glanced back, the small portal was gone and she was alone in the room.

Granny continued to work until all of the demon portals were closed. She let out a sigh and felt her body shake with exhaustion. "Keanu, dear, I do believe I need to sit down." She said, reaching out for him. Keanu took his grandmothers hand and lowered her slowly onto one of the stumps that the reaper boy had dragged over for his 'break time'. He pushed a hand through his hair, trying to quell the rage that shook him. "Oh dear... you all have gotten yourself into quite the pickle haven't you..." Granny said as she rested, glancing around the property.

Keanu narrowed his eyes. "You could simply ask me things you know, rather than taking them..." He muttered with a sigh and glanced back at the house. "We had the situation under control... had. Until someone destroyed my wards. I don't know of any mages powerful enough to do that, not in the area..."

"It's habit and hard to control at times..." Granny said in her defense and shook her head. "And you do know someone... maybe not personally... but you know them."

"The only other mages in the area are untrained and simplistic in their casting. The half-dragon that's been taking refuge with us is perhaps the most raw in ability I have encountered. Other than the elementals in the area there is only the demon and Travis." Keanu said with a frown as he knelt down on the grass. "Well, there was a necromancer but in my dealings with him he seemed... rudimentary in skill at best."

"Well, Keanu, I would say zombies are a clear sign of who did this." She patted him on the shoulder as Valerie came outside with a frown.

"He has taken a bit of the study... and burned a bit more... at least half." She watched Keanu carefully, wondering how he was going to react.

Keanu closed his eyes and took a slow breath as a fire consumed his chest. "I am going to kill him. Where my scrying mirror?" Keanu muttered in anger and moved to pass Valerie heading towards the house. "I'm gonna kill him."

Valerie followed him. "You are going to kill Travis too?"

"Travis did not have a hand in this. The demon did. If I am capable of killing him, I would have by now. I'm talking about the goddamn nercomancer." Keanu sighed as he moved into his study in search of the mirror.

Valerie paused. "Benji?" She said, standing in the doorway.

"Yes. Benji. Thank you, I could not recall his name that makes things somewhat easier." Keanu sighed as he moved the obsidian disk onto the desk and turned to grab water to pour over the surface.

Valerie frowned and shifted uncomfortably. Granny came into the house, using the staff to support her weight. "Keanu, you have bigger problems right now." She said, motioning to the house. "You go after that necromancer right now, you both will be drained and your house--and your books--will be unprotected."

Keanu paused as his grandmother spoke, running a hand roughly over his face. "What good does rebuilding the sigils do if he can just come tear them down." He muttered grumpily but he knew his grandmother was right. He huffed and turned abruptly to grab a handful of cookies from the counter, shoving them in his mouth as he sat down on the floor and began re-casting some of the more important wards.

Granny picked up the stick and lightly smacked the top of his head. "Keanu Kirkwall--you were not trained in magic to look at it's uselessness; you were trained in magic to utilize your magic to the best of your ability. What is today? Halloween. Do you know what magic is stronger today? Specifically Necromancy. Now, can you tell me how many times a year Halloween comes around? Let me save you some time, sugar, the answer is once. This is his strongest day of the year so why don't you stop getting in a tizzy over this and clear you head because I know the elements are not going to like your attitude one bit." Keanu shifted his jaw and nodded, taking a slow breath to collect himself so he could focus better on what he was doing, better on grounding himself with the elements as he casted.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
October 31st

Eli sat on the couch with Katherine and tossed his daughter a milky way as the masked serial killer on the television shoved its machete through someones neck. Eli furrowed his brows shaking his head. "That's not how arterial spray would work..." He muttered in thought as he grabbed a handful of popcorn to toss back into his mouth.

"Dad can we not talk about arterial sprayage?" Lucas asked with a laugh as he grabbed the peanut butter from the cabinet and leaned against the counter, shoving a large spoon into the gooey paste.

Nysa was sitting on the back of the couch, her sock covered feet in one of the seats. "No, it doesn't work that way." She responded to Eli, unphased by the movie in the slightest. Katherine glanced between her father and Nysa, not saying anything in particular as she focused her attention back on the movie. Lucas came up behind his girlfriend and offered her a spoonful of peanut butter that he had scooped out for her as he rested his head on her shoulder. Nysa turned to take a bite of the peanut butter then flopped back into Lucas. "F'ank 'ou!"

Lucas wrapped one of his arms across her waist and laughed. "No problem." He said and kissed her cheek. "I think I'm about to call it an early night."

Nysa turned her head to look at him. "You sure? It's the night of candies and pranks..."

Lucas nodded. "Trust me, I'm pranked out." He said with a laugh and kissed her shoulder. "Just come to bed whenever you're ready." He said with a smile and then turned to say goodnight to his family before heading up the stairs to the attic room.

---

Benji lifted himself up onto the shoulders of the zombie, grasping onto the window sill that lead to Lucas' window. "Hold still." He commanded under his breath from around the cigarette in the corner of his mouth as he reached out to the sleeping werewolf, tampering with him memories. In his sleeping state with one foot in the spirit realm it was easy for Benji to manipulate his mind to make him think that he got up in the middle of the night and saw Nysa out in the backyard with another man. Almost too easy in fact as if his brain had been manipulated before. He nodded to himself as he added in as much detail to the scene as humanly possible, which was a lot considering how personally he once knew Nysa.

As he was finishing the corpse grunted in protest. Benji nudged his head with his foot and frowned. "Shut the ******** up." He said before sealing the spell and jumping down to look at Angeline. "There, done..."

"Excuse me?" Crystal said, walking home from work that day since the neighborhood was blocked off for trick or treaters. "What are you two doing here... with that thing?" She narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"Trying to prank our friends but... it's not really working out." Benji said glancing over at the woman with a sigh of defeat. "Alas, I fear our time is better spent in search of candy."

"Yeah, you and I both know that's a load of s**t." She said bluntly. Angeline frowned and grabbed Benji's arm to pull him to one side of the building. Crystal side stepped to follow them. As soon as they were out of sight of most of the street, she took his other arm in her own and the two exploded into flames, leaving ash in their wake. Crystal sighed and looked at the zombie. "Well I guess I need to get you back to the morgue..."

In the abandoned building, Angeline reappeared harmlessly with Benji and dropped her hold on him. Benji stood up straight and brushed himself off. He glanced over at Angeline and offered her a half smile. There was a distance in his eyes though that seemed out of place on the boys face as he turned towards the stairwell. "Well that's that. Farkwad better give me my damn money..." He muttered as he climbed the stairs, boots echoing on the metal grating as he followed the walkway to the mattress. He sank down onto the makeshift bed and turned over on his side with his back to Angeline and the warehouse, lost in thought.

"Farren." Angeline corrected, still not understanding why he kept saying Farkwad. She stared at him for a moment then glanced at the front door. "Do you want me to stay here or leave?"

Benji sighed and rubbed his face, rolling over onto his back. "Nah you can stay if... you want to after the way the nights gone." He said, shifting his jaw as he worked through suppressing his guilts.

Angeline moved to join him, laying down beside him and grabbing one of his arms. She pulled it over her and looked at him. "I just wanted to make sure I wasn't intruding." She said then rolled over, holding one of his arms hostage in a light hug.

"Nah, you're never intruding." Benji said and reached an arm up to drape over his eyes like he normally did when he laid down. "Just... this is probably one of the lower moments of the year and I wasn't sure you'd want to hang around."

"I was expecting worse." She said simply.

"Oh well in that case, sorry to disappoint." He said with a slight laugh, using the hand that she had claimed hostage to run his thumb along her side.

"I'm glad to be disappointed about this." She said, "Now go to sleep so we can do something fun tomorrow."

Benji looked over at her, moving his arm in the process to smile at her. "Yes, Ma'am." He said, the arm sliding back into place as his mind turned over all the mistakes he had made, not just in the past month but in his life. Each time one would arise he'd acknowledge it, and let it drift pass like cloud watching, always keeping himself distant enough from the memories not to let it consume him. They all had a purpose. A reason. A reason that he hoped to one day, share with the girl by his side, the girl he knew he didn't deserve but damn if he was going to let her go. He tugged at Angeline's shirt to pull her closer before drifting off to sleep, comforted by the warm of her skin like light chasing away the darkness.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
November 5th

Valerie was heading to the lake, needing to rejuvenate herself after avoiding it for so long. She froze in her tracks at the sight of Travis standing there, a woman held in one arm as his blade pressed against her neck. "Valerie... It's really hard to get personal with you if you have gold on..." He said. She stared at him, wondering if she could do anything to get the woman free and keep her gold on her. Basil picked up on her hesitation and the blade made a clean cut on the girls arm, causing her to scream. Valerie fumbled to get the gold off of her, stomach knotting in anxiety. As soon as the the water elemental was free of gold, he smiled and blinked out from behind the girl to grab Valerie. "So easily fooled..." He said, pulling her back against him as he stepped back into a portal. "The human is as good as dead." He said flatly as she fell into a different portal, the scream being cut off when it closed behind her.

Next thing Valerie knew, she was thrown on the dark ground of the void. She picked herself up and looked around. She couldn't see Travis anywhere and she curled her hand into a fist. A sudden force on her back pinned her to the ground and Basil pinned her arms down. "I have a very special task--" He started when she turned into water and got out from under him. "Look, the point of the void was to keep you from getting away." He said with a sigh, letting the human skin peel back a bit on the face as he turned to her. She was in the middle of reforming when she caught sight of the skeletal and rotting face coming out of Travis and she screamed, falling backwards. "So why don't we do this as painfully as possible in as little time... I could invite Farren here to feed while I do this... would you like that?"

Valerie scrambled to her feet and tried to run away from him. She glanced over her shoulders to see him standing there, no distance getting between them as she tried to run as fast as she can. After a moment, she noticed dark bars forming around her, solidifying in an instant as a strong smelling stone with fire burning along them. She dropped to the ground, determined to get as far away from the fire as she could. She covered her head, trying to keep herself collected as Basil stepped through the cage, the human skin hanging from his waste like a coat not quite all the way unzipped. He reached his fingers out, sinking the burning skin into her shoulder and she screamed, trying to push him away. This resulted in the skin only burning her more. He chuckled and the cage disappeared as he pushed her against the ground. Valerie could feel a toxic feeling seeping into her, the burning leaving in it's place as she stared up at the monster clicking his teeth.

"This message is very important... give it to Keanu in a timely manner if you don't want to do something you'll regret..." He said as he leaned down next to her head.

-----

A portal opened once more and Valerie was shoved out of it, Basil's laughter following her as she hit the ground. She turned back to the portal in time to see the human disguise return to normal just before the vision disappeared completely. She turned to the grass, her hands scattering around to find the numerous gifts Keanu had given her over the years. As soon as her hand touched gold, she recoiled in pain. She turned her hand over to see a whelp forming, steam rolling off the spot. She grabbed a stick and carefully threaded it through the pieces before standing up and hurrying back to the cabin.

She climbed the steps and pushed the door open. "Keanu?" She called, glancing around.

Keanu pushed through he office door as soon as he heard her voice. "Valeire? Thank god. Where have you been?" He asked glanced at the stick and them her in concern and confusion.

Valerie set the stick with the jewelry down on the table and she turned to him. "The demon--Basil... Said if you don't... stay out of his way he is going... to use me to... tear you apart..." She said, glancing at the jewelry on the table.

Keanu narrowed his eyes in anger as he looked Valerie over, taking in her energy signature. He closed his eyes and sighed, advancing quickly towards her. "Come on, we need to get you to the lake."

"I was just there... and he had a woman and was going to kill her if I didn't... I'm sorry..." She stood there with a frown.

Keanu paused and took Valerie by the shoulders. "Darling I need to know exactly what he did. I can tell your... polluted but... I need to know to reverse it."

"He... sank his fingers into me and it burned for a bit until... it just turned into... darkness..." She frowned at him. "I don't know exactly what he did but we were in one of the portals that Travis can open..."

Keanu closed his eyes again to calm the storm that brewed in his chest. "Do you think they're still at the lake? We need to cycle your waters through to start the healing process. "

"I don't think think they are..." She thought back to the way Basil appeared to her in the void and she felt a spike of fear through her.

Keanu nodded and drew her into a tight embrace. "Valerie I'm so sorry. I should have gone with you." He sighed and kissed the top of her head as his head spun with possible solutions. "If I purify you, it will be very painful. I think it would be best to slowly transition out the tainted waters for fresh waters from the lake. It will take longer but it will be much more comfortable for you that way."

Valerie hugged him back tightly. "Ok... do you think the lake will balance out again? If I'm putting impurities in the lake... they will eventually cycle back to me if the lake can't."

He shook his head. "True but it will be easier to purify the lake than it would be a living person. Here, I'll take us there." He said and held his hand out to her. Valerie looked at his hand but decided to simply hug him again instead. He hugged her back tightly, burying his face in her hair as he transported the both of them to the lake. He looked around for a moment, making sure there was no one was around before taking her hand tightly and moving towards the waters edge.

Valerie slowed down as they got closer to the water, trying to look around in search of the portals. As soon as she stepped on the edge of the lake, she cried out and jumped back, steam rising from her foot. Keanu furrowed his brow, his heart sinking from scream. He put his arm around her. "I'm sorry, I know but... This has to be done. You're strong. You can do this." He whispered, pressing the side if his head to hers in loving encouragement.

Valerie looked at the waters in the lake and for the first time, she found no comfort. She took a deep breath and forced herself to step back into the water. It came to her ankles only and the pain had her biting her tongue to keep from screaming. The water around her started to boil and she glanced at Keanu, scared to stay in the water longer than she had to. Her human appearance began to recede the longer she stayed in the water, steam rolling off of her.

Keanu frowned as watched her. His stomach clenched and he nodded to her. "Good. Listen to the sound of my voice ok, focus on the sound and I want you to sit down you don't have to submerge yourself fully just sit ok?" He said and started to hum, forcing magic into the sound to numb her pain as much as he could.

Valerie let out a slight whimper of fear but did as she was asked. As soon as her core touched the water, the water bubbled more and her human appearance was gone. A copper taste filled her mouth and she swallowed, still refusing to let out the scream that came with the pain. Keanu waited, resisting the urge to pull her away from the thing causing her pain. He waited until he could sense at least some amount of change in her before pulling her up. "Ok that's enough for now. You did very well. We can try again tomorrow. "

Valerie got out of the water quickly, focusing on returning the human appearance. Her skin seemed to be covered in boils, fading as they let off steam. She finally relaxed her jaw and the copper taste got stronger. She brought a hand to her mouth, touching the blood from the pressure of biting her tongue. She swallowed and wiped her hand on her jeans with a frown. Keanu sighed and drew her into a tight embrace once more, transporting the both if them back to their room so she could lay down if she wanted to. "It's going take a few times I think... I'm sorry."

"Its ok... I should have... but I couldn't..." She sat down on the bed with a sigh and covered her face. Keanu sat down next to her with a sigh and leaned over to kiss the side of her head when suddenly sharp pain shot through his back. He gasped and looked down to see a black spike sticking out from his side. Valerie turned when he gasped and spun around the moment she saw the spike. She had converted to her water form, no longer clear but the waters foggy with ink. She had her hands together, ready to launch a ball of ice at Farren.

Farren held up a hand towards the elemental, shoving her back with will over the element. Keanu turned to attack him but Farren grabbed the man by the neck and shoved him to the ground, colliding the bone of his nose against the hard wood. He gasped and used the hold the man had on them to transport the both of them out into the woods. "Keanu!" Valerie called, picking herself up from the ground but she didn't get to him in time.

Keanu scrambled to his feet and tried to shoot blast of energy at the fae but Farren knocked his arm up, causing the blast to miss and shoved the boy against a tree. Before Keanu could react the ex-king shoved a large spoke through the boys chest, pinning him in place as he broke the spike off of his body. Farren laughed and stepped back, flitting out of sight and leaving the boy for dead.

Eddie picked his way through the woods, double checking the area before calling for a lunch break. The light weight armor he wore had caused hikers to question them, but apparently 'larping' had been a passable explanation. He looked up as he rounded a tree and caught sight of a limb. "Aislinn?" He questioned as he ran forward. He had been looking for her since he got back from his bike ride and she was missing. He had asked Nysa to look for her when he needed rest as to not disrupt her life. As he got closer, he realized it wasn't Aislinn but Keanu. He picked up his pace to get to the younger man. "Keanu, hang on."

When Keanu heard the other man's voice he was in the process of trying to use what dwindling magic he had left to stop the bleeding from the larger wounds. "Edward. I need medical attention. " Keanu said, face scrunched in pain as he tried to remove the spike. "Or something to feed from."

Eddie nodded, coming to a stop in front of him. "Right, I have medical supplies in my bag--what do you feed off of?" He said, slipping the small pack off his shoulders and dropping it on the ground. "Salves and ointments." He said as he grabbed the spike. He lifted his foot to put it beside Keanu's torso and make sure his grip was secure. "Going to pull this out and you need to heal as much as you can, ok? One... two..." He said and pulled as he grunted the word three.

Keanu gritted his teeth, choking back the cry of pain as the spike was removed from his chest. He tried to focus on healing but the pain was distracting and he didn't have very much energy left in the first place. He fell to the ground on his hands and knees, wheezing, "Desire and joy... High calories foods work too just slower. Life energy..."

Eddie dropped down to his bag before pausing. "Memories? Those work?" He asked, pulling out a healing potion. It wasn't enough to do the job, but he handed it to the wounded man.

Keanu nodded and downed the familiar looking vial. "Yes but you have to relive it." Keanu muttered, placing one hand over the wound as he turned to Eddie motioning him closer as he reached for the man's head.

Eddie shrugged. "No regrets on reliving Europe." He said as he stepped closer, opening his mind to Keanu and closing his eyes. Keanu took his head in hand and used what was left of his own reserves to isolate whatever came to Eddies mind, bringing it to the forefront of the mind and intensifying the memory.

Eddie thought back to the people he met in Europe, the trips he had, and the various encounters with the women of Europe, be it in a hotel room, their home, or simply in the forest. He focused more on the parties, the dancing and the laughter--understanding what more intimate memories may result in. He thought about thought about the banshee Pamina, and her many lessons that helped him to save not only himself but others. He focused on her, refusing to think about Aislinn when other emotions were needed. Keanu took drank in the waves of emotions that resulted from each of the memories, each one lending him strength and aiding in the healing of the gaping chest wound. "Think about the happiest you've ever been in your life, really focus on it please."

Eddie shook his head slightly. "Won't be much happier after that..." He pushed his mind back further, to times with his father when he was still young. He thought about them throwing water balloons at his uncle, pelting Barry with paint balls during training, and when he and Nysa out climbed Barry into a tree. Thoughts of his father talking about how proud he was of him for graduating at a young age. Then his mind went darker and he grabbed Keanu's hands to pull back as the memory of the funeral started to come to him.

Keanu pulled away and immediately put the energy he took to use, healing his wounds to the point where they were ignorable though the pain still radiated. He sighed running a hand over the forming scar. "Thank you." He sighed in relief. "What are you doing out here anyway?"

"Aislinn has been missing..." He muttered, adjusting his hat in an attempt to clear the funeral from his mind. "I went for a bike ride last month and when I came back she was gone... no tracks or anything... I think someone took her and I've been trying to find her ever since..." He looked at Keanu. "Who did you piss off to become tacked to a tree?"

"The once-king of the unseelie court." Keanu muttered as he sat up straight. "Valerie had been tainted. I took her to the room to rest after trying to exorcise some of the darkness and he appeared. I transported us out here when he attacked to keep him away from Valerie. I need to go make sure she's ok."

Eddie nodded and stood up, offering his hand. "Come on, I'll help you get there."

"That may be for the best. I'm not sure if I possess the strength to get back and defend the house if he is there. " He muttered as he pulled himself to his feet. "Let's hurry. If you are in need of something in return... I could perform a location spell for Aislinn once this is settled."

"That would be great." He said with a relieved sigh and started towards the cabin. After exploring the woods for so long, he had grown to know the area fairly well. Keanu followed close behind, walking as fast as he could to get back to Valerie. Eddie glanced at him before stopping and scooping him up to carry him. They would move faster this way and he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Valerie was on the front porch, looking around. She didn't want to leave should it be another trap to leave the library unprotected but she was worried about Keanu. This left her to pace from the study to check on the books to the front door to look for any sign of Keanu. Keanu sighed as he and Eddie approached the cabin. "You may set me down now..." Eddie did as he was told and set Keanu down.

Valerie spotted them and hurried to them. "Are you ok?" She asked as she approached them, hugging Keanu tightly when she was in range.

Keanu hugged her back. "I'm better now, thanks to Eddie. " Keanu said and nodded in the man's direction. Eddie raised his hat in greeting. "Are you alright did Farren come back?" Eddie raised his hat in greeting.

Valerie shook her head. "Not that I noticed." She said before pulling Keanu into a kiss in her relief. "I'm so glad you're ok..." Eddie glanced away out of respect to look around, noting the damages to the plants outside.

Keanu kissed her back, more heatedly that he had meant to as his body drew in energy of its own accord. He forced himself to take a step back and cleared his throat. "Sorry." He whispered as he took her hand and moved towards the cabin motioning for Eddie to follow. Valerie smiled in understanding, blushing slightly from embarrassment as she let herself be guided back to the cabin. Eddie took one more look around before following them.

"So will someone fill me in on what has been happening?" Eddie said as he knocked dirt off his boots before stepping inside.

Keanu nodded and he stepped inside the cabin and b-lined immediately for the food. "A friend of our has been recently repossessed and, simultaneously it seems that the Unseelie King we bound from approaching any of us again as broken free of his name commands and has come for revenge."

"Sounds like a mess..." He said, glancing around the cabin. He had never been inside, only outside now and again when Barry and Ynez were there. "Once I find Aislinn, I can help you all with them--if nothing else, I'm an exceptional body guard." Valerie glanced around before helping Keanu find high sugar food to help him regain his energy.

Keanu nodded, mouth full of snacks as he turned to the study to grab the black obsidian mirror bowl. When he returned he filled it with water, swallowing the lump of food to say. "I need something of emotional significance to her."

Eddie frowned slightly. "I... don't have anything on me..." He took his hat off. "This means more to me than her but it's the only thing I have that could mean something important to her right now." He held it out. "If it doesn't work, then I'll have to come back later..."

Keanu took the hat and turned it over. He could feel faint traces on the fabric but not enough to work with. He turned to Eddie, eyes narrowed in thought. "You mean something to her I'm sure..." He said and shifted his jaw as he pulled a stray hair from the hat, dropping it into the water and muttering under his breath in Latin as he placed a small rounded stick on the surface, one tip stained a dark brown from blood. It floated idle on the surface as Keanu looked up at Eddie. "Focus on as many details about her as you can please."

Eddie shifted his weight, clasping his hands in front of him as he tried to focus on details about her. The joyous thoughts of her were clouded by his worry and he sighed, pinching his brow. "Her song... focus on her song..." He muttered to himself, recalling the sound from when he had died. Slowly, he could pick details of her from his memories, the worry still gripping him.

Keanu raised his brows at the man before turning to dump out the used water. He turned to Valerie and stared at her for a moment before grabbing her arm and pulling her to him, burying his face in her shoulder as the realization finally kicked in that he could have easily perished that day. He was so used to having everything under control. His power with his sisters was a force to be reckoned with but for the first time he felt himself utterly useless to protect the people he loved. Valerie hugged him tightly, kissing the side of his head. "I'm so glad you're ok..."

Keanu was silent for a moment, the darkness in her spirit only serving to further bare evidence to the fact that he was failing. After a moment he closed his eyes, blinking back tears. "I don't know how to fix this."

Valerie frowned slightly and shifted her stance to put his face in her hands. "It's ok..." She said and gave him a kiss. "We'll figure something out..."

"I don't have my tomes... All my research is gone. My mother is tending to the fae and my sister is three hundred miles away. They entrusted the shop to me. I'm supposed to be the mage of the town. I'm supposed to solve problems but... everything is falling apart and I can't solve anything... I haven't been able to help anybody." Keanu said, his eyes growing red as he shook his head.

"Yes you have, Keanu, you have helped so many people even before the shop. You just helped Eddie--and in turn Aislinn. You helped Fiona just before. No one expects you to fix everything--to know how to fix everything... they just want you to do your best and I have seen nothing less than that from you."

"What if my best isn't good enough? What if I'm not good enough... to protect the people I love. I couldn't even protect you..." He said as the tears finally spilled over his eye and he reached out to stroke her cheek with his thumb.

"Keanu..." She said and hugged him tightly. "It's ok. You'll get better--you're getting stronger every day."

He hugged her back, finding comfort in the familiar curve of her back, in the smell of her hair. He closed his eyes and took a slow breath, content to simply hold her there until finally he found a spark of his resolve back. After a long moment he drew back and nodded, smoothing his hair back as he turned towards the study. "I've got work to do."

Valerie kissed him on the cheek. "Alright... I'm going to work on repairing the garden the best I can... ok?"

Keanu nodded once more. "Alright. Please take the fire poker and keep Ealahir nearby just in case."

Valerie nodded and grabbed the poker. "Ealahir, come work with me in the garden?" She called.

"Coming!" Ealahir called as he wiggled his way down from the attic and dropped to the floor, dust covering his cheeks as he wiped away crumbs on his pants innocently, glancing to the side at Keanu as he turned towards the study, before dashing to meet the elemental girl

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
November 12th

Ynez pulled the tight sweater on, gently freeing her hair from the collar. The short skirt wouldn't make much sense to anyone who didn't know her, but the spell she put in her leg lotion would give her warmth to wear whatever she wanted. She picked up her bag of magazines and headed outside. She was tired of being cooped up in their 'living quarters' anyway.

Barry was outside running drills with the younger children, leading them in stations through the outdoor obstacle course. He glanced up as Ynez came out and furrowed his brows as her attire. A laugh escaped his lips and he shook his head as he moved towards her. "Keep an eye on these guys while I go grab lunch?"

Ynez looked at him then the children. "... Very well." She said and crossed her arms. "I can keep an eye on them for you."

"Thanks babe." He said and leaned over to kiss her head as he moved back towards the main building to see what the kitchens still had in stock.

Ynez smiled slightly at the kiss and when Barry was gone, she looked at them. She frowned when she saw them just standing there. "... Aren't you going to do anything?"

"We are waiting for lunch." One said.

"Thank you, Cadet Obvious." She said, causing someone else to giggle. "... It's creeping me out... how about we do something a little more fun." She said and set her bag down and smiled as she pulled out a bottle of water. "If I give you a list of herbs, you find them and bring them to me... I'll give you a potion of your own." She winked at them, shaking the water bottle. They stared at her for a moment before scattering as she named them off, breaking into pairs. She summoned a chair made of stone to sit on and wait for their return, flash drying the herbs and putting it into the water bottle. Barry glanced out of the window of the cafeteria area to see the kids running in different directions around the property. He narrowed his eyes in confusion but turned away, back to the bags that were being prepared.

Once she had all the herbs--curious as to some of the children came across the rarer ones, she put them in the bottle. She rolled it between her hands for a moment and looked at the kids. "Ready?" She said, focusing on the bottle. The water started to heat up, and she used part of her chair to make a stone bowl. She poured the warm water and herbs into the bowl to let it finish boiling. When it was done, she blew on the top of it, pulling the remains of the herbs out of the water and holding the bowl out to them. "Alright, two fingers into the bowl and drink only a drop of it." She said, watching the children do so.

When they all had a drop, she transferred what remained back into her water bottle and leaned back. "Now go race each other or something; the silent stare from you all is creepy." The first child zipped off, faster than he should be able to go, the other kids gasped and followed, some giving out shrills of amusement at their new found speed and strength. Ynez pulled her sunglasses down as one kid ran into an obstacle and fell back. He went still and she pulled out a magazine, knowing super healing was within the potion.

-----

Barry emerged with the bags of lunch but froze when he noticed the children zipping around at speeds they should not have been able to reach. He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment to keep his composure as he moved towards the group. "Alright, roadrunners. It's time for some grub come on!" He called but the children seemed much more distracted by the idea of racing through the stations. He sighed and sat down next to Ynez. "Well, that's one way to get them to exercise."

Ynez glanced at him and rose a chair under him made of stone as well. "Well, when they stare at you like they are all possessed, I figured giving them something to do was the better way to keep them out of trouble..." She glanced at him then held out the water bottle. "Would you like a drop? It only lasts for a few hours before the potion goes bad so you should enjoy it while it's here."

Barry looked at the bottle in question. He glanced at the children running in the yard and then sigh, motioning for the bottle. "Sure give it here." He said and held his hand for the potion.

"Only a drop or two at most, Barry." She said in warning a she handed him the potion. "Too much of it and it won't flush your system before it goes bad." Barry dipped his finger into the potion and placed a drop on his tongue before handing the bottle back to her. He stood and sighed clapping his hands before dropping forward and doing rounds of push ups and side climbers. Ynez shook her head as she closed the bottle. She stood up and sat on his back, willing her nail file to her. Barry's breath came out heavier with the added weight but he didn't stop, pushing past the obstacle his wife presented. "You know, with super human speed, strength, healing... I'd think you'd do something else other than work out." She said, inspecting her nails. She glanced up at one of the kids on the roof. "Or catch them." She said, pointing to them.

Barry glanced up and noticed the young boy on the roof. "Goddamnit." He muttered as he got up, careful not to knock Ynez over in the process. "Joey, you get your a** down here right now or your cleaning the bathrooms for the next week." He barked. The kid stayed frozen though, trembling on the edge.

"I'm scared, what if I fall?"

"Well you should have thought about that before you climbed up. You got up, you can get down. You have till the count of ten. One. Two..."

Ynez followed him and held out her hands. "Oh stop it; it's lunch break." She said and held her hands up to the boy. "Here, I'll catch you."

Barry turned to her and held out a hand to stop her. "No. He needs to get down on his own. He got himself into this mess he can get himself out."

Ynez smacked his hand. "I gave him the potion; that's how he got up there. Jump down." She said, still holding her hands out to them.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Life lesson Ynez. Don't get yourself into anything you cant get out of."

"Trust fall; extreme edition." She said, before she used the wind to push the kid off. When he got close to the ground, she used the wind again to slow him down before catching him and setting him down.

Barry stared at her for a moment before shaking his head. He glanced around at the children, all staring wide eyed at the witch. He sighed. "Lunch time. Get your asses over there and eat. You're all doing suicide runs for the rest of the afternoon."

"Why? Cause you left them in my care while you went to get lunch and I let them get out of control?" Ynez asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"No because clearly they have too much energy and I want to put it to use." Barry said with raised brows.

"They are going to be tired after; they don't have extra energy; they have limits."

He leaned forward to whisper. "That's the point. Tire them out and we have the rest of the night to ourselves instead of baby sitting..."

Ynez raised her brows at him. "Oh? I was afraid I had gotten them in trouble."

"No I just don't want to be doing this for the next seven hours. Push 'em harder for two and they'll crash." He said and gave her a wink.

Ynez stared at him before sighing. "Well then, I suggest you wear them out but keep yourself well energized." She said, starting to walk away. She picked up her bag and the rest of the dwindling potion. The stone chairs crumbled back into the ground and she headed inside.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Around Town
November 18th

Aislinn wasn't sure how long it had been since she was dropped off in the woods by the black eyed man. She had been wandering, trying to find her way back to town ever since then but had gotten turned around more than once. The wounds left by the fae man had gotten infected for a while but were slowly starting to heal finally. The cold didn't do her any favors and she had spent the last three days in place, sick with fever. She knew she needed to keep moving though so when the sun had rose that day she had continued on her path until reaching a creek.

Aislinn knelt down next to the waters edge and splashed her face, washing off her hands in the process. The coldness of it, mixed with the chill in the air made her skin burn but it help provide some amount of clarity to her foggy mind. She cupped her hands together, bringing a handful of the running water to her mouth to drink. The cool water felt good, at least, on her raw throat. She stood and jumped up and down a few times, trying to regain feeling in her toes but that was becoming a fairly useless endeavor. She shivered and picked back up the sharpened rock she had been using to mark the tree's she passed. After finding the creek though she was wondering if she could follow it back to the lake. It wasn't much to go off of but at least it was some sort of landmark.

Eddie paused with his paper map, a coned shape coming from the mage's house of where she could be given the width of the stick. He crossed out a section that he had just checked and folded the map away and started forward again. He paused when he found a strange marking on the tree. It took him a moment to realize it was something he had told Aislinn about a long time ago. He hit the tree lightly in excitement as started to run along the edge of the path. "Aislinn!" He called out, cupping his hands around his mouth to be louder.

Aislinn paused as she heard a shout, somewhat far off, echo through the trees. She couldn't make out what was being said, just the sound of what seemed like a guy. Her heart jumped as thoughts of Eddie flooded her brain. She looked around, eye searching for a sign of him, for someone, anyone. She turned towards the direction she thought the sound had come from and cupped her hands around her mouth to yell back. "Hel--" She paused, the sound coming out raw from not talking in a while. "Hello!" She cried out again after clearing her throat.

Eddie heard an echo and broke out into a run. "Stay there!" He called, working his way around the trees.

Aislinn waited and when she heard a shout response, she let out a laugh of relief, moving towards the sound. She didn't care who it was, it was another living being and that could mean rescue. She took a few steps forward and paused calling out again. "Please, help!"

Eddie jumped over a down tree and he caught sight of a figure. "Aislinn!" He called, running towards the figure. Aislinn turned hearing the sound much closer. She realized in the process that she had been facing slightly in the wrong direction when shouting. Her eyes landed on the figure and smile spread across her face. Even from a distance she could make out the familiar shape, clothes and hat. Tears of relief flooded her eyes and she started moving towards him as quickly as she could without tripping over any brambles.

Eddie scooped her up in a tight hug, holding her against him in relief. He took a deep breath and kissed the side of her head. "Oh thank goodness..." He said with a slight laugh.

Aislinn laughed with him, grasping onto the fabric of his shirt as if she were afraid he might disappear if she let him go. "You have no idea how insanely glad I am to see you." She said with a smile and wiped the tears from her face. "Please tell me you know the way back home." She added with a smile, though she already knew the answer.

"Yes, yes I know the way back." He said and let her go to pull her into a long kiss.

She kissed him back but a part in the back of her mind was painfully aware of the fact that she had been stranded for at least a month without a proper shower and in her dirt pajamas. She pulled back, taking his hand in hers tightly. "Please, let's go then." She said with another small laugh. "I am freezing and I'd like to be able to wash these off with some soap." She said and lifted the fabric of her clothes to reveal the wounds which were now mostly closed, scarring over but still faintly framed in red.

Eddie frowned as he lightly touched the wound. He pulled his hat off and it on her head. Then he slipped his pack off and pulled out a thin blanket. He wrapped it around her and handed her the bag. "No, we're going to get those cleaned up sooner." He said, picking her up and starting back towards Keanu's home. "You can borrow clothes from Valerie if you have to but I don't want you going back to the apartment just for someone to take you again... what happened anyway?" He asked finally.

Aislinn nodded. She didn't really care where they went as long as it was warm and had food. "I... I don't really know. You left and then I turned around and there was this black eyed man standing there. He grabbed me... and then we were out in the woods in this old cabin. He had all of these spike and he stabbed me with them... I think he may have been fae but then a portal opened and this... monster came out. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. They talked and then they both left and I was alone..."

Eddie nodded. "Alright... we should tell Keanu about this--I think he might have a problem with the same guy." He kissed her forehead as he walked. "You just relax; I've got you now."

Aislinn sighed and nodded, turning to rest her head on Eddie's shoulder as she walked. "Is everyone ok? I had... five wailings while I was out here but... they all stopped as suddenly as they began."

"They will be... I have no idea what is going on other than someone is possessed and a pissed off ex-unseelie king is running around." He explained, pausing to carefully climb over a fallen tree. "It's just a matter of time."

Aislinn fell silent. After a while, when she finally spoke again it was a soft, "Thank you." She cleared her throat and blinked having been on the verge of nodding off. "Not just for finding me but for teaching me all those things when we went camping. It saved my life..." She said, turning her head away to cough. Eddie only nodded in response.

-----

Eddie got to the cabin, and made his way to the front door. He used the toe of his boot to knock on the door. "Keanu!" He called.

Keanu came out from his study upon hearing Eddie's voice. "Yes-" He stared and then stopped when he noticed Aislinn. He paused for a moment before motioning for Eddie to put her on the couch. "Valerie! Can you start heating up some of that left over stew please?" He called out towards the room as he moved to grab the medical kit and healing salves he had just prepared the other day.

Eddie went and set her down, "She needs a shower and a change of clothes. I think they are the same size." He said, motioning from Aislinn to Valerie, the latter moving to heat up the stew for her.

Keanu nodded and pulled out a green colored vial, handing it to Aislinn, who took it. "Drink this and then you can go shower." He instructed, waiting until she uncapped the vial and knocked it back with a wince of distaste to get up and gather a change of clothes from Valerie's side of the closet. When he returned he handed the girl the clothes. "Towels are in the cabinet under the sink." He said.

"Thank you." Aislinn said as she took the clothes and got up, Keanu pointed her in the direction of the bathroom and she followed where he was pointing.

"Glad to know that you found her alright." Keanu said to Eddie with a nod as the sound of water running came from behind the bathroom door followed by a gasp. Keanu furrowed his brows in concern but dismissed it when nothing else was heard. "Did you ever found out what happened?"

"Fae covered in spikes?" He offered and shrugged. "I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's your not-so-king fae."

Keanu frowned and rubbed his face. "Yeah, I'm... not sure what to do with that right now. Name commands were the only one up we had on him but he's found a way to break them. All I can say is keep iron on you for the time being. As far as the demon... I may have a solution to that... It's almost complete. Just waiting for the potion to set--" Keanu trailed off as he noticed Fiona hanging in the doorway to his sister's room, listening intently.

"You figured out how to help Travis?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

Keanu looked her over for a moment and then nodded. "Yes, at least I hope so." Fiona's eyes went wide and she smiled, running over to hug Keanu tightly before turning and moving quickly towards the arm chair in the corner where Ealahir sat, curled up with a copy of The Lord of the Rings. He glanced up at Fiona as she quickly advanced towards him, holding out her hand. He set the book aside and jumped up, taking it before they both disappeared.

Valerie blinked as they disappeared before looking to Keanu. "Will he drink a potion?" She asked and Eddie sat down in a chair in exhaustion.

"I need somewhere for Aislinn to go until this all has calmed down... I can't take another kidnapping..." He said as he leaned back in the chair.

Keanu sighed and rubbed his face. "Well, she's welcome to stay on the couch here until you find somewhere safer." He said, glancing towards the bathroom as the dark haired banshee, emerged, skin red from the hot water.

Aislinn tucked her wet hair behind her ear and glanced from Keanu to Valerie. "Thank you for letting me borrow some clothes. I promise I'll wash them and bring them back to you. I could bring you a pie too if you'd like..."

Eddie nodded. "That would be helpful. She is a great cook too." He said as he spotted Valerie bringing her a bowl of stew. "Just... until I have somewhere safer for her..."

Keanu nodded and watched as Aislinn took the bowl and said a soft thanks again. "That's fine. Then I feel my debt to you will be repaid." The twin said and stood. "You are welcome to stay too if you'd like. Fiona could take the couch and you and Aislinn could take the bed."

Eddie thought for a moment and nodded. "I will consider this. I need to talk to Nysa first--see if she is willing to help with this... She was helping me search for Aislinn before when I couldn't so I don't doubt she'd help now." He picked his head up to look at Keanu. "I can help you out however you need me to."

"Noted, and thank you." Keanu said and stood, moving to get each of them a cup of water. "For now, stay and rest. I'll get a fire going for us..."

"Thank you." Eddie said, shifting to peel the over armor of his chest. He was working on untying his boots when he felt himself nodding off. He leaned back, leaving one boot half on his foot to allow himself a power nap. Aislinn finished off her stew and washed the bowl out in the sink before moving to curl up with Eddie on the couch. Keanu, once he got the fire going, draped a blanket over the both of them and turned to resume his work.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Travis' Apartment
November 18th

Fiona and Ealahir reappeared just outside Travis apartment. She turned and hugged the small fae before turning to the apartment. "I'll be at the park. Call me when you're ready Ms. Sullivan." Ealahir said and then in a blink was gone.

The red haired girl turned to the door and tested the knob. When it turned she smiled and stepped inside. "Travis! I have good news! de très bonnes nouvelles!"

Travis was sitting on the bed, lost in thought. When Fiona entered the apartment, he frown and went into the bathroom, throwing the lock. He turned to glance at the contents of the bathroom before grabbing the shaving razor.

"Travis?" She called, pausing as she glanced around the apartment. "Not-Travis?"

"Fiona!" Travis called, "Go away!" He said as he sat on the ground and flicked the straight razor out. He glanced at the blade in thought before turning his head to listen through the door.

"Travis?" She called again as she turned towards the bathroom door, shifting her weight on her toes. "Keanu figured out how to help. I just wanted you to know that things will be better soon..."

"It won't work... he'll just come back again... I am going to kill him... I'm going to stop him from ever, ever coming back..." He pressed the blade into his wrist, pulling it down the length of his arm without so much as a wince of pain.

Fiona frowned. "What... what do you mean?" She said, stepping closer to the bathroom door. "It's ok, mon cher. Let us help you and everything will be ok."

He tried to switch hands but the tendons didn't want to work properly. He dropped his hand against the door. "I know; he can't hurt you--he can't hurt anyone soon... You should leave--go back to wherever you were staying and... don't come back..."

"No, I'm not going to abandon you. Just... please open the door. Let me help you" She said, pressing her forehead against the wood. It was then that she noticed something wet on her toes. She furrowed her brows and glanced down, noticing blood seeping under the crack and into the carpet. Her heart stopped for a moment and her visioned tunneled with black as the shock of what was happening set in. She gasped, the air leaving her lungs as she collapsed on the ground. "Travis..." She said breathless as she raised her fists to the door, beginning to pound on it frantically. "Open the door! Travis, let me in!" She said, her hands starting to heat and leave scorch marks on the wood.

Travis stared ahead for a moment before turning and unlocking the door. He started to open it when he slipped in his own blood and hit the ground hard. "Fiona, I said... go..." He muttered, pointing at the room door briefly.

"Oh Mon Dieu!" She whispered as the door opened and she reached out to catch him, looking him over and then to the wound. Her throat clenched as tears spilled over her cheeks and she choked out a sob, desperately reaching to press the fabric of her dress to the wound and apply pressure. "No no no no..." She said, reaching with violently trembling hands for the cell phone in her pocket to call an ambulance.

Travis stayed there for a moment before rolling his face into her stomach. "Hang up... it's ok... it's better this way."

"No, no... It isn't." She said shaking her head as she leaned over to lean against him in a make shift embrace as she tried to keep pressure on the wound. "S'il vous plaît. S'il vous plaît ne faites pas cela. Je t'aime. S'il vous plaît..." Fiona sobbed, unable to control the heating of her own body, as much as she tried to reign it in. "S'il vous plaît ne pas mourir... J'ai besoin de vous. Je t'aime Travis." She said as she dialed Keanu's number and brought the phone to her ear. "S'il vous plaît aider! Il saigne-- He's bleeding. I need help please." She said, forcing her speech to slow down so she could speak in English.

"Calm down, I'm on my way." Keanu said and then hung up.

Fiona nodded before tossing the phone aside and pressing her forehead into Travis' shoulder once more as tears streamed down her face in heavy rivulets. "Keanu is coming. Tout va bien se passer."

Travis reached up to hold her to him, "I... sorry for everything he did." He said.

"It's ok." Fiona said as she drew his injured arm to her chest, still applying pressure to the wound. "I don't blame you for anything. You know this..." She said turning to bury her face in the nook of his shoulder. "Je t'aime tellement. S'il vous plaît restez juste avec moi."

"Where the hell is Keanu..." He muttered.

No sooner had the words escaped his lips did Keanu appear in the living room, turning to the sound of mangled sobs. He frowned and rushed to the bathroom, gently pushing Fiona aside as he took Travis arm in hand. "What the hell did you do..." He muttered in worried disapproval as his healing magic flowed through into the wound, suturing the cut in the process. "Fiona. I need you to go get water... Juice if its available. He's blood pressure and sugar will need to be stabilized." Fiona was hesitant to move and Keanu had to shoot her a look before she stood and ran to the kitchen, slipping on the blood in the door way in the process.

"I didn't want Basil hurting anyone any more... so I... but he tried to leave so I ate his soul." Travis explained, watching the wound heal with a distant look.

Keanu furrowed his brows. "You.. .ate his soul?" He said, shifting his jaw as he turned his attention back to healing the wound. Fiona returned with a cup of orange juice, kneeling down next to him. Keanu moved to sit Travis up against the wall so he could drink the glass being offered to him.

"Yes... cause if I simply chased him off he'd be back." He took the juice in his good hand, shaking slightly as he took a drink. "Can you not tell?" He asked after a sip, glancing at Keanu.

"Sorry, my concentration was taking by closed the gaping wound in your arm." Keanu muttered, finally sitting back as he looked Travis over and handed him one of the green vials from his pocket

"Is he going to be ok?" Fiona said, glancing at Keanu in concern as she reached up to brush his cheek and cradle his face in her hands, observing his eyes for any sign of distance while her other hand reached out to help him stabilize his hold on the cup.

"He should be...." Keanu said, narrowing his eyes in thought. "Perhaps we should still exorcise, just to be safe."

Travis took the vial and drank it. "Please... I don't want any chance of him coming back ever again." Travis said and moved to finish off the juice.

Keanu nodded. "It will take about three more days for the potion to finish. Fiona, would you like to stay and keep an eye on him in the meantime."

She turned to him in confusion as if he had asked the most ridiculous question she had ever heard. "Of... course. Why wouldn't I?"

Keanu sighed. "I don't know just make sure you keep iron on you at all time. I'll be back..." He said and then disappeared to let Valerie know that everything was alright.

"Oh! Right, iron... and" She paused, drawing back to reach into the pockets of her dress where the iron pendant necklace was sitting. In the same pocket though was a gold chain that she had borrowed from Ynez's jewelry box. "I brought this for you. I read that it protects you from demons in one of the books that were left..." She said as she moved to clasp the necklace around Travis' neck.

Travis leaned away from it. "First of all, that's a girl's necklace... secondly, my powers are still related to a demons... if I wear that--if you wear that... I can't use my magic to protect the both of us from Farren."

Fiona paused and sighed before taking his hand in hers and placing the necklace in his palm. "Alright but promise me you'll keep it around... just in case?"

Travis frowned and turned his palm over to dump the necklace on the ground. "No, cause then it can be used against me. Keep it in the guest room, if you must, but it is still a weakness to me."

Fiona watched the gold necklace fall to the floor. She frowned but nodded in understanding, turning instead to wrap her arms around his neck in a hug. "I'm so glad you're ok. Please don't do that again.... ever. I don't want to lose you."

Travis hugged her back, putting his face against her neck. "I'll do my best..." She rested her cheek against the top of his head and stroked the back of his hair as the adrenaline spike finally started to wear off, content to hold him there for the rest of the night if he let her.

Perfect Noob

User Image
Do You Even Read These Anymore?
November 19th

Nysa peeked at her phone at the front desk of the youth center. "Aislinn is staying with Keanu's grandmother apparently so she'll be out of Farren's reach." She told Lucas, leaning back in her chair in her boredom. "According to Eddie, he's going to keep staying near Keanu as a body guard of sorts since he has the fastest way to Aislinn." She put her phone back in her pocket and spun in her chair.

Lucas nodded, not wanting to meet Nysa's eyes. "Hopefully everything will be ok..." He muttered and stood from the chair, moving outside as he moved to pull his phone from his pocket as he walked.

"I know, right?" She turned to look at Lucas. "Going on a break?"

"Yeah, going to check in on Ynez. Give me a minute." He said as he stepped out the door and dialed her number, pressing the phone to his ear as he stepped out onto the lawn. Nysa stared after him before resuming the spinning in her chair.

Ynez had her feet on the wall, heels still on as she flipped through a magazine. Her phone went off and she rolled her head to look at it. She fixed her skirt as she rolled over to lay on her belly as she answered it. "Hello?" She asked, tapping the toe of her heel on the wall.

"Hey." Lucas said as he shieled his eyes from the afternoon sun. "Just heard about the update on Eddie staying with Keanu. Wanted to check in and make sure that you're ok since I haven't heard any updates about or from you..."

Ynez paused, holding a magazine page between two fingers in thought. "Why is Eddie staying with Keanu? Did he break up with Aislinn or something?"

Lucas furrowed his brows. "What? No... He's staying there to guard Keanu while he works out his... anti-possession potion thing and keep an eye on the portal since Aislinn is with your grandmother. Haven't you heard?"

Ynez sat up with a huff. "No, I have not. What is going on down there?"

Lucas paused, shifting his gaze, back towards the building. "Uh, well I don't know what all you've heard and what you haven't soooo basic rundown... Travis is possessed again. Farren is back. Torik is apparently now on our side? Richard, Jade, Aislinn, Fiona, Valerie, Keanu, Skyler and Zachary have all been attacked. A few of which were pretty bad apparently. Keanu is trying to figure out a way to anti-possess Travis and I have no idea what's going on with Farren, and Halloween... I saw Nysa out in the backyard with another man so... that's just about everything I think."

Ynez had a frown that turned into a full glare by the end of his run down. "Nysa cheated on you?" She asked as she got off the bed, "And all of this has been happening and no one told me about it?" She began to pace the room in her anger. "Damn it, Keanu..." She muttered, coming to a stop. "I don't know what upsets me worse, that I wasn't told about this, that this could potentially be karma coming back after keeping you out of the loop about going into the fae realm, or that Nysa cheated on you--who was it? Do I know them? I can turn her into a toad if you would like--I've been practicing that one on one of the younger kids here."

"What, no no...." Lucas said, shaking his head and pinching the bridge of his nose. "I haven't even talked to her about it yet. Bigger problems at stake right now. Why wouldn't Keanu have told you?"

"I would love to know that as well..." She said as she grabbed a suit from the closet. "As for an update on myself, I have caused trouble with Barry's family by rejecting their code, criticizing it, suggesting changes towards it, and randomly giving the younger kids temporary super human abilities that could match your own... Oh and making some side money which will be paying for my plane ticket by enchanting and brewing potions from a glorified hotel room equivalent... Will you be able to pick me up from the air port some time today to tomorrow morning--at the absolute latest?"

"Yeah whenever you need. Just let me know when you're boarding. I'll be there." Lucas said with furrowed brows and glanced back at the building again, wondering how in the world all of their lives became such a mess.

"I will... are you sure you don't want me to turn her into a toad? Maybe a cat... you could keep her around then."

"No, no animal transfiguration." Lucas shook his head. "It's fine. I'll... deal with it once I know everyone is safe, until then... My head can't processes all of this at once."

"If you are sure... I'll leave the offer of just general revenge on the table. Now, I have to pack. See you in a few hours." She hung up the phone and glanced at her things. She focused on Barry and teleported to him. "Barry." She said simply.

Barry turned towards her and raised his brows. "Uh, yes?" He said, setting him bow aside from where he had been instructing the children how to use proper technique.

"I... need a ride to the airport as soon as possible; I need to go home."

Barry furrowed his brows. "Alright..." He said with look of confusion. "Is everything ok?" He said as he turned to withdraw his keys.

"It is not. Apparently--" She started and looked at the children. She sighed and waved her hands to silence her from their minds. "Travis is repossessed apparently, Farren is back, and his hit list seems to be reaching records that only your father and his twisted friend set."

Barry shifted his jaw in sudden quiet anger. "Yes well... then I suppose it is best that we return and take care of the problem before someone else gets hurt." He muttered as he took the keys out and moved towards his bike.

"You don't have to go with me; we've handled the demon before as well as Farren." She grabbed his arm. "And what about your minitroopers; what are they going to do while you're gone? Sit in place and stare at the wall?"

Barry sighed and shook his head. "I don't know. I'll figure something out. If I have to stay I will but I'll need to call Eddie and let him know whats going on at least."

"Oh, Eddie knows. Nysa knows. Speaking of your sister, she apparently cheated on Lucas; he caught her but hasn't talked to her yet." Ynez continued to follow him, crossing her arms. Barry paused for a moment, hsi expression shifting from one of confusion, to anger and then back again. He would call them when they reached the airport, he decided as he got onto his bike and started it up, motioning for her to get on the back. Ynez glanced back at where their room was and then back to Barry. She sighed and teleported only her purse to her. She got on the back and put her purse between them before hugging to him. "Please drive carefully." She said simply.

"Always." Barry muttered with a sigh as he turned and left the compound, heading to the airport.

Once there and with Ynez dropped off, Barry had requested leave from the compound for a week only to have it denied. He paced the parking deck in annoyance while the phone rang, waiting for his cousin to pick up. Eddie was gathering up some things for Aislinn at the apartment when his phone started to ring. He pulled it out and answered it without checking the number. "Hello?"

"So... I hear something have been going down, back home." Barry said through his clenched teeth as he paused in his pacing.

"Apparently; I only recently found out some of the who and the what--which flats did she want again? I came home one day and Aislinn was gone; been spending the last month or so looking for her--October 15th was when she was taken. Found her yesterday and got her somewhere safe." He said and glanced around, trying to remember what all she wanted.

"Why hasn't anyone updated me?" Barry demanded, pinching the bridge of his nose. "They won't let me take off but... I'd like for at least you and Nysa to have kept me in the loop."

"Sorry man... I didn't think about updating you cause I was set on finding Aislinn... I don't know why Nysa didn't update you, but I was preoccupied looking for my girlfriend." Eddie picked up a bag and began putting the things he gathered in it. "I'll keep you updated now, if you want--now that I've found Aislinn."

"Please." Barry said curtly before adding in a softer tone. "I'm glad your girl's ok... Have their been any fatalities? "

"None that I know of... Aislinn said she sang 5 times but they were short... I think they might have all been dodged. Keanu almost died in the forest and I stumbled upon him--luckily--and he helped me save Aislinn. I'm still foggy on the other details."

Barry nodded. "Alright well... Ynez is flying down. Keep me posted please "

"Alright. Getting off the phone now to drop off Aislinn's things. See you, cousin."

"Stay safe." Barry said as he hung up and returned to his bike to head back to the compound.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff