Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maurielle hugged Lamaendir just as closely, and kissed him with tears in her eyes. She was stunned. She really... had thought that she'd never see him again. "I missed you so much," Maurielle whispered, burying her forehead in Lamaendir's shoulder. "I really thought... that you and Faen would die, without me being able to do anything." She looked up with a smile, and cupped Lamaendir's face in her hand. She had no idea how he was there, but... right then, that didn't matter.

Faen was crying just as much as Gwen was, hugging her as tightly as she could and quivering. "I-I was so afraid th-that... that I'd never meet you again," Faen sobbed. "I-I haven't even given you an answer to your confession!"
Faen could feel how weak Gwen was. It was... similar to how she herself was doing. She hadn't eaten, or hadn't been given food. Faen had thought that, at the very least, the king would treat Maurielle and Faen well on that front... perhaps it was a punishment for going against him still, despite being trapped like they were.

"How in the world are you here...?" Maurielle whispered to Lamendir, still looking at him in wonder.

That was when Eluon and Silvel came, having dealt with the guards who had chased after them. They had been the bait to let Lamendir and Faen come close and free Maurielle and Gwen. "It's safe for now, but we shouldn't dwell for too long," Eluon said, smiling in relief when he saw his sisters, despite the rough situation. "Gods am I happy to see the two of you safe. I was half-afraid that father had caught wind of our plan, and had moved you somewhere else."

"Eluon...?" Maurielle said in shock... He was the one who was working with Lamaendir and Faen...? A-and the forbidden section's librarian? What was going on...?

Catramblish's Partner

Lamaendir took Maurielle by the hand and gave her one of his swords quickly as they started to move, explaining things on the way. He explained how Eluon was in on this the whole time, and the librarian too, and how he "gave" them to Accords once he found out what they were doing. "We just need to get past the guards as much as possible until we can get to the boat." He urged Maurielle along, and made sure Faen and Gwendolyn were doing well too. He left Faen in back for better long-ranged shooting. By now, he didn't care if anyone was killed. This was kill or be killed.

Gwendolyn heard everything and stuck closer to Faen as a result. She didn't want to live in the castle anymore, or anywhere under her father's influence. This life was enough for her!
"Th-then what about Eluon?" Maurielle protested, not wanting to leave her old brother on his own with everything that was going on. Eluon just laughed dismissively, however.

"Don't worry about me. I've already made sure the Accord is back in my possession, and I haven't been gathering allies the last ten years for nothing. And with a battle mage like Silvel as my aide, I have the perfect bodyguard as well," he said, smiling back at Maurielle. "What I need from the four of you, along with the others on the ship, is establishing a foothold back on Midlight's Deep. More people will be coming, and we need to prepare it for suitable living. I'll deal with father here, in the meantime."

Maurielle glanced at Lamaendir for a moment, then nodded, half to him half to herself. "There's one thing we can do to help," she said, getting Eluon's attention. "We got a gift from the leader of the demons, sort of like their queen, Velonara, when we met her and found out about Midlight's Deep. It's a gem that'll let us contact her upon use, you just need to douse it in water. You should take that. It's in a chair in my room."

"A chair?"

"The seat is removable." Maurielle then smiled at her brother, a hint of victory in her smile. "There's more. The forest elves have information on Lesalia breaking the terms of their alliance with us. They've entered a secret alliance with the demons, and are supplying them with information."

Eluon stared at his sister, then laughed out loud. "You're giving me a contact with the demon queen and the forest elves' spy network at the same time? And proof that Lesalia have broken the alliance before us?! Sister, if your fiancé wasn't next to you, and we weren't running for our lives, I'd kiss you!" He laughed again in wonder. He'd sent Silvel to get the gem as soon as they were out of the castle. She'd be fine on her own.

Maurielle grinned, liking this new side to her brother. He was much more devious than Gwen or Maurielle herself were, but maybe that was a good thing. He was smart enough to have formed alliances behind their father's back without anyone realizing, and keep up a façade of loyalty for years.

Catramblish's Partner

Lamaendir was cutting down guards as much as possible, considering that he didn't care anymore, and they were coming more often now. He tried to pay attention to everyone's safety, but knew it wasn't possible. So when he heard the scream, the dreaded scream, right after he cut someone down, his face whipped around to where it came from. "Gwen!" eh called, turning around and stopping in his tracts at the sight.

Thonaer had stalked the group for some time, letting them kill of guards until he could get close enough to Gwen. And, when he finally did, he grabbed the girl roughly, and instantly held a knife to her neck, letting the blade dig in slightly so she could barely move. His face was twisted and crazed, and he held onto Gwen with his other hand, gripping her waist tightly. "She's mine! She has to pay for what she's done to me!" He started laughing at that like he was crazed too, still spouting off what he'd do. All he could think about was seeing her cry again to whatever he did to her. He loved that the most...

Gwne couldn't stop panicking, and she was crying so much by this point. She was so close... So close to being away from him. "F-Faen... ah!" she cried, feeling Thonaer's grip intensify on her. She didn't want a life with this crazy man!
Maurielle was frozen in her tracks, staring at Thonaer in pure hatred. She wanted to throw a spell at him, her hand was trembling at the thought, but it wasn't precise enough! She couldn't risk hitting Gwen!
The one who didn't hesitate was Faen.

Thonaer rambling, and the fact that he didn't see her well in the darkness, was what gave Faen the chance she got. He'd always underestimated and looked down on her. Nobody realized why such a small person would be Gwendolyn's bodyguard. It was exactly for situations like this, however.
She coldly drew an arrow from her quiver, fitted it, and drew back her bowstring. Thanks to Silvel standing closer to Thonaer with her orb of light, Faen had a much better view of Thonaer than he did of her.
She let loose the arrow, still without hesitation. It flew straight, right into Thonaer's throat, forcing him to let go of Gwen to gasp for breath. That's when Faen let loose her second arrow, hitting him square in the chest and puncturing his lung.
"Take that you sick b*****d," Faen said coldly, her wish to kill him finally complete. She put her bow on her back, then hurried over to Gwendolyn and helped her up. "A-are you alright?" she asked worriedly, ignoring the stares the others were giving her for so coldly killing a man.

Catramblish's Partner

Gwendolyn cried even more when she was let go of, mostly from relief. She never wished death on anyone, but she knew it had to be done. She was just surprised that he was dead now, when he was holding her just the moment ago.

Gwen ended up collapsing in Faen's arms, hugging her and crying into the other girl's shoulder. "I... I thought I was..." She continued to cry, unable to move. She just wanted to be safe again.

Lamaendir was surprised by Faen's lack of hesitation, but was proud of her all the same. None of them could do anything at that point besides her, and he was happy that she had the conviction to save Gwendolyn, as he never doubted it before.

When Lamaendir checked Thonaer's body, he nodded. "He's dead," he said gently, looking to the group. At least they had one less thing to worry about.
"I-I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. I'm sorry, I should've been paying more attention," Faen said, hugging the taller girl close. Finally Gwen was free. They just needed to get out of there, to the ship, and she'd be free of the king's influence as well.
And... Faen thought she'd finally found an answer to the princess' confession.

========================================

Eluon, as he'd planned, sent Silvel back in for the gem once they got out of the castle. She'd be fine on her own, she knew how to stay out of sight, it was the rest of them that were weighing her down, if anything.
A bundle of cloaks was waiting for them under a bush outside, and Eluon handed them out hurriedly, then headed for the harbour where the ship was waiting for them.
"Lamaendir, Faen, I'm counting on you two to keep my sisters safe while I'm working here," the prince said as they dressed. He gave them a painful look. "Just take care of them. It's hard for an overprotective brother like me to let them go like this, especially Gwendolyn."

Catramblish's Partner

Gwen saw Faen and Lamaendir nod, and them handing out the cloaks, where Gwen put hers on quickly. But she looked sadly to her brother at the same time. "I'll miss you, Eluon," she murmured to him. He'd done so much for her that she didn't feel like she could ever repay him. All she could do now was survive and make sure his greatest efforts didn't go to waste.

They were soon ushered onto a ship, all of their cloaks on. As soon as she stepped aboard and was guided into a room that couldn't be seen from the outside, she felt... free. She'd never felt like that before. It made her feel safe for the first time in a long time, really. "F-Faen? Are we...?" she asked the other girl in disbelief. She felt like she was about to cry out of happiness.
Faen smiled in tired relief at Gwen, and took her hand. "Very soon," she said softly. And just like she said, they felt the ship set sails and take off just five minutes later. Faen heard Maurielle laugh and saw her hug Lamaendir, almost collapsing against him as she relaxed. Faen, likewise, felt her body grow weak as the adrenaline passed, and she smiled happily at Gwendolyn. "Now we're free," she said softly, squeezing her friend's hand.

Catramblish's Partner

Gwen finally sighed, feeling all of the pressures of her life just.. float away. For the first time since all of this mess started, she felt like she could breathe again. And, to celebrate, she hugged Faen, burying her face in the other girl's neck. "Thanks for always being there for me, Faen," she said gently, smiling as she pulled away. It was her first genuine smile in such a long time.
Faen smiled at Gwen. "I just wish I could've done more," she said softly. Faen then hesitated for a few moments, then looked seriously at the princess. "Gwendolyn, I-I thought of an answer to your confession," she said... then leaned forward and kissed her, still holding her hand. The feel of Gwen's lips on hers was soft and warm, even if they were cracked from the horrible condition they'd been in the last few days. Faen didn't mind.

Catramblish's Partner

"F-Faen!" Gwen said when they pulled away, clearly taken by surprise. She had no idea what happened was going to, but... she really did like it. She was just surprised, so there was a massive blush on her cheeks. "I... I don't know what to say, but... I'm happy." Faen's lips were cracked, but they felt nice all the same. It was different too, considering that she'd never been kissed so gently before. Thonaer was always rough and forceful in his kissing. Faen really made her feel like there was real love there. And she was also happy that Faen didn't care that her lips had been abused so much by that horrid man. It made her feel even happier.

Gwen squeezed Faen's hand, looking up to the girl, smiling even more. She then gently leaned in to kiss Faen back, letting her lips linger longer. She liked the warm feeling very much.
Maurielle woke up early the next morning, still unused to the rocking of the ship on the waves. She felt a bit pathetic about it, she was a sea elf after all. She looked around, seeing Lama sleep next to her, and Faen on the other side of the room, her arms thrown everywhere. The only one who wasn't there was Gwen.
Maurielle got up, deciding to look for her sister. It didn't take too long. On the deck, people were on the move and working. There was only one quiet area on the deck, close to the front. And... that's where Gwen was standing, looking out at the waves.
"Thinking about something?" Maurielle said, walking up to stand next to her sister, smiling at her. "Perhaps wondering what Faen looks like naked?"

Catramblish's Partner

Gwen was so caught off guard by Maurielle being there, and what she was saying, that she whipped around to see her sister, only to have a beet-red face. "M-Maurielle!" she said in a surprised voice. "I-I.... no, I.... How do you..." She looked down, unable to face her embarassedness. Perhaps Maurielle saw them sleep together, she was unsure. Either way, Gwen herself was still getting used to the idea of being with Faen, and was embarrassed about everything. But now the image of Faen naked was making her face even redder....
Maurielle smiled, and came over to Gwen's side, leaning on the ship's side. "I know Lamaendir and I fell asleep almost immediately when we got in the room, but I was awake long enough to hear what Faen said, and see her kiss you." She grinned at Gwen, and ruffled her sister's hair. "I'm happy for you, Gwen. I'm surprised Faen was brave enough to kiss you, but good on her for doing it." She stroked her sister's cheek with the back of her fingers once. "How are you feeling?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff