Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
For a moment, Ceraphel did not move, then she turned her attention to Sinestro and smiled. When she spoke, her voice had a strange new quality to it, one that was quite obviously from Predator and not something she had picked up. Her voice had an underlying growl to it, deep, foreboding, as she spoke to him, not particularly concerned with the demands he was making.

"We are one," she said. "And we are going nowhere."

Taking a step forward, violet light flashed around her, the pretty robe and nightgown gone, a Star Sapphire uniform sliding into place. Though it was not like her own uniform, nor the generic one that appeared on all violet lanterns at first. This consisted more of armor than fabric, tall boots rising over her knees and thighs and revealing skin tight black leggings before armor began again, covering the important parts. Much of her torso along her stomach and between her breasts was bare, the symbol of the Star Sapphires burning in her flesh and not as part of the uniform. Armored gauntlets rose up over her arms to her shoulders, and around her neck, up to frame her face. Her long hair hung down her back, tinged at the end with violet.

"We desire to be a Star Sapphire again. And to do so, we must be the only Star Sapphire."

The Ceraphel Predator took another step toward the white lantern, "We can feel it rolling off of you in waves. Your love for us. It is warm and powerful and we shall allow it to continue. But there is so much work to be done. So many who do not love the way they should. We shall be fixing that."

Sinestro's love for Ceraphel was redeeming, despite his other flaws. Ceraphel Predator could see that he cared about the Elsian half of the two of them, and inside, Ceraphel was slowly waking to the fact that she was no longer in control. And for a moment or two, the fresh wash of love made her want to stay with the Predator. Even as it stalked closer to Sinestro and sniffed him over, she was just letting herself bask in the joy of having the violet energy once again. But then the afterglow faded, and she found herself struggling to regain control.

On the outside, Ceraphel Predator showed no signs of any internal struggle. Instead, she looked Sinestro over, "Stay out of our way."

Flying into the air, she turned and sped off into the sky, heading for the populated city. It was there that the possessed Elsian began tearing into the populace, judging them all for not loving enough, for not spreading it enough. She was merciless as she tore open buildings and watched as people clung to their loved ones, children holding mothers, husbands holding wives. That was good enough currently and she continued on, making certain to wreak havoc on those unfortunate enough to be alone.
User Image

Sinestro cursed as he turned and sped after the Predator. He couldn’t let it go on a rampage just because it wanted to- there was no way he was going to sit back and do nothing. He shot himself towards the city, using his white light to protect the people that were being attacked. He shielded them with barriers, white light glowing around everyone nearby. He could feel their life energy, and he could protect that life energy, but it would be a hopeless fight if all he did was stay on the defensive.

What else could he do? Attack Ceraphel? The woman he loved more than anyone else on the planet? Even Predator could feel that he loved her.

But it wasn’t enough.

He swooped down and grabbed the man Predator had launched itself at, scooping him up and getting him out of the way just in time. Setting the man down, he quickly told him to run, though he didn’t plan on keeping the battle in the city.

“I know you can fight that thing, Ceraphel!” He yelled at the woman, “you have such great love in your hear, controlling Predator is completely possible! You just have to fight it! Show it that your love is the greatest of all and will not be manipulated by anyone!” But it was easier said than done, he knew that well enough from controlling Parallax.

He growled as he charged at the woman, wrapping his arms around her in a bear-hug style tackle. The moment he wrapped his arms around her, he teleported the both of them off the planet, making them appear on the barren, but breathing world he had recently restored to life after his run-in with that demon.

Landing on the ground with her, he tried to keep her pinned beneath him, using his ring to make himself feel much heavier than he was regularly.

“Fight it, Ceraphel! It’s just you and me now! Focus on my love and show that thing who’s really in charge!”

He hoped he was getting through to her- he didn’t want to see her go on a rampage against the people she loved because Predator wanted to test them.

He wouldn’t allow that to happen, no matter what. Though he supposed Predator wasn’t going to like him for it, really.

✘ ✘ ✘
User Image User Image User Image
In blackest day, in brightest night,
Beware your fears made into light
Let those who try to stop what's right,
Burn like my power... Sinestro's might!

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
White light kept Ceraphel Predator from doing more damage than she already was doing. But it did not keep her from trying to do more. It was only when Sinestro caught up with her that they stopped, turning to listen to him, laughing that strange, echo-y laugh that was both of them but mostly the Predator laughing at him. At his words, as weak and silly as they sounded.

"Why would she want to fight us?" Ceraphel Predator asked. "We give her what she wanted. The power of love courses through her veins and that was all she ever wanted in the end, considering we already have you."

He charged forward, and Ceraphel Predator found herself in his grasp, the breath temporarily knocked from them. But they recovered quickly, thrashing and twisting even as they teleported to the planet that Sinestro had brought back to life. Ceraphel Predator writhed under him as he tried to keep her pinned down, some of their movements obviously meant to be seductive, even there on that empty planet, even with something inside his lover that had taken over.

"Fight fight fight," they said, shaking their head, smiling up at him.

Their hand came up and stroked his cheek, "But you couldn't hurt us, could you? Well...not on purpose. Because you have."

Smiling, Ceraphel Predator let light shimmer out of the star on her torso, and it replayed Ceraphel's memories. Him striking her on the primitive planet. Him abandoning her as an Indigo Tribesman. Him as the demon running her through. Him putting work before her on their vacation.

"Oh yes, plenty of that. To the point where we wonder if you like doing those things."

The ground rumbled under them, and spikes of violet energy erupted from the ground under them to free them, not only by attempting to impale him, but to break apart the ground so that they were free. They hovered in the air, violet light throbbing around the slender form of Ceraphel as she looked him over.

"How can we even love you? Aside from hurting us, you tried to wipe us out. Like most foolish love, it will fade in time. We will forget about you."

Ceraphel Predator smiled and drove her violet energy down under the surface of the planet. She wrapped it around lava beneath the surface, and the ground trembled as she pulled it upward in several lava geysers. Smiling, she floated further up into the sky.

"But you did do one thing right, Thaal Sinestro. The Star Sapphires must be wiped out. We will be the only one left. They took our ring from us. The should all know how it feels."

Turning, they flew higher into the sky, and headed for the wormhole that would take them to Zamaron. The leaders, the other Star Sapphires, they all needed to be reminded that love was fleeting, and as it had been taken from them, they would take it from the entire planet.
User Image

Sinestro didn't have much time to react when the monster attacked him, pulling back to try and avoid getting impaled by the demon. He had been just a little too caught up in the memories, and that had cost him. Some of the spires of energy had stabbed into him, catching hold of him painfully and keeping him from being able to stop her from slipping out from under his body. He watched her as he broke off the violet spikes. He managed to get himself free without too much trouble, though he knew he was using a lot of power to do it.

This energy wasn't like typical violet energy- it was from the entity. It was several times more powerful than anything Ceraphel had probably used before. He couldn't imagine what the creature was going to do with it.

He was quick to follow her when she tried to leave, putting up a barrier around her just before she reached her portal.

He couldn't let her attack Zamaron. They would never let her back into the corps if she tried to kill them!

"I brought you here to spend some time with me, now you're running away?" He huffed, teleporting himself in front of the woman. He knew it was going to be tough to get her to snap out of it, but he believed in Ceraphel. If anyone was going to over power this monster, it was going to be her. He just had to make sure she was pushing in the right direction.

"You're not going to destroy your own corps! They've fought to serve you faithfully! Ceraphel! Don't let this monster control you! You don't want revenge against the Star Sapphires! You're stronger than that- you want to help them change, not destroy them! And I know you can do it! Because you were already different. You showed them that love doesn't have to be unrequited to be powerful!" He let his ring blaze with his own feelings love, the lantern focus on the violet light for the time being.

"Come on! You know this love- this is only something you can use! Even this entity can't beat it!"

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
"Spend time with you?"

Ceraphel Predator scoffed at him, grinning viciously, revealing that she had grown fangs, "You had to be forced into spending time with us. We remember the vacation we took very well. The way you left us to go to work. Others will always come before us with you."

Inside, Ceraphel could hear the Predator pulling from her deepest secrets, her deepest fears to hurt Sinestro. Quietly, she had worried about when he would be more concerned with the universe than he would be with her. She feared that far more than Sinestro going back to his own ways. The pain of admitting it though....that was not only to hurt Sinestro. Predator was doing it to make her feel ashamed for not believing in their love. And for the time being, it worked. She surrendered, and Ceraphel Predator glowed more brightly.

Turning on Sinestro, the possessed woman darted toward him to grab him and throw him to the surface of the planet, chasing after him angrily. They growled at him, ready to tear into him now that Ceraphel inside was too hurt to do much about it. Ceraphel Predator grew claws and began to tear at him, hissing angrily as he tried to tell her about love, tried to show them love. They were not having any of that.

"They betrayed us!" Ceraphel Predator hissed angrily. "They took our ring because they do not understand love! We do not need a corps like that. We do not need them to spread their false ideas of love. We will be the Star Sapphire, and we will spread love through the universe. You cannot understand. There is no life without love. There is nothing without love. We will make certain they all know that!"

Finished, Ceraphel Predator turned again and flew off into space. This time, they darted into a wormhole before Sinestro could follow, angry that he had stopped them even that long. They had a job to do, and it would not happen when they were busy defending their ideas to him.
User Image

Sinestro found himself lying in the bottom of a crater, coughing weakly as he watched the Predator flying off. Slowly, he pulled himself out of the hole, moving a hand to his shoulder an popping it back into place quickly. There was no time to consider what he might have looked like right at that moment, or the gashes on his body. The creature using Ceraphel's body had gotten far ahead of him while he had been rendered a bit stunned from the attacks. His body ached as he closed his eyes and focused on Zamaron. There was no way he was going to beat him there in a chase- he was going to have to take a short cut.

So he teleported to the planet.

He appeared in front of the Zamaron leaders. They looked, unsurprisingly, shocked to see him appear before them.

"You have no right to be here, Thaal Sinestro! Leave this sacred place at once!" They barked. Sinestro frowned and turned to face them.

"Shut up," he hissed, "you have to leave- NOW. The Predator is coming here in Ceraphel's body, thanks to you fools, and it wants to kill each and every one of you and your team! If you don't leave now, you'll be slaughtered!"

"Predator? Why would it choose her?! And why are you warning us?" The queen asked skeptically.

"I won't let her do something that she doesn't really want to do. As much as I hate you, and I do, I won't let you be killed. Ceraphel would be shattered. Now move!" The Zamarons didn't have much time to converse with him more, as he flew off to try and intercept Predator again before it could launch an attack on the planet. Even through wormholes, it took a little while for them to arrive. More time than it took to teleport.

In space again, he flew up just in time to see the being makings its way forward. Growling, he created a white cage around Ceraphel, to try and slow her down.

"Ceraphel, fight this!" He roared again, unwilling to give up just because his voice hadn't been heard the first couple of times, "I won't let you hurt this planet, or these lanterns! And I know you don't want to! Because I know you better than anyone. And I don't care what Predator has to say about it! It can spew all the doubt and gloom it wants, but it doesn't change the truth- I love you, Ceraphel. You are the only thing that matters to me. The mistakes I make, the missteps I take, they are all just part of this process of loving someone so much that it hurts. Every time I hurt you, I hurt myself as well. I can't promise I won't make more mistakes along the way, but they'll never be because I don't love you. No matter what happens, that's one thing that will now never change!" He watched her, frowning. Was it making a difference? Was any of it getting through?

"Predator is right about one thing- there is no life without love. I know that now. Regardless of what happens in the future, my life will be meaningless if you're not there with me! It's okay if we make mistakes, or if there's doubt and worry. It's normal! Your fears, your insecurities- I want to know about them! I want to prove to you that you're wrong! and no matter what that beasts says or makes you feel, I'll do everything I can to keep on loving you!"

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
I don't want to harm the others...

The Predator's voice was gentle, coaxing, "They threw you out, Ceraphel. And he will always put them before you. You know that."

No...no he won't. If he did, he wouldn't be chasing after us.

"He's chasing after you because he's worried about the other Star Sapphires," The Predator replied smugly. "And what we might do to them."

We don't have to hurt them.

After a moment of silence, the entity left her alone in her mind, "You're right...we don't."

Ceraphel Predator appeared over Zamaron to see Sinestro waiting for them. They smiled, shaking their head, "Pathetic. Your love is tainted and faulty. It will break apart at the slightest puff. Look at what you did just the other day. You ruthlessly killed, and then you silently blamed your helpless lover for being kidnapped. Countless others would have died if she had fought back. Nothing would have stopped those slavers, they simply would have come for her on Els while you were off saving other people yet again. Abandoning us. But we are done apologizing."

Bursting through the cage of white energy, Ceraphel Predator darted past Sinestro and headed for Zamaron, landing on the surface of the planet. Carol was there waiting for her, frowning.

"Ceraphel, stop. You know you don't want to do this. You're not a killer or a monster. That's the Predator making you do that."

Cocking their head to the side, Ceraphel Predator looked Carol over, "You love us as a friend. But you deny your love for the green lantern because you find it too difficult. That is not real love."

Carol was about to reply, but got no chance when the possessed Elsian reached out and just threw her backward with a shot of violet energy that sent Carol smashing through several different crystals protruding from the ground. Way clear, Ceraphel Predator turned and headed for the central power battery. The small voice of Ceraphel was right. There was no reason to harm the Star Sapphires when their violet light could simply be snuffed out.
User Image

sinestro just didn't understand. why was the entity of violet light going after its own people- the beings who had been entrusted with its power from the very beginning? He understood if it was feeding of the desires of the host, making the conditions warped in the mind of the being, but he knew that wasn't the case. ceraphel didn't want to kill anyone. It had to have been the entity in control. Wouldn't it want to spread love, however unwilling it was, not destroy its own corps?

He didn't understand, but he had to stop it somehow. even if he had already said everything he could possibly think of to say and was effectively entirely out of options.

He followed after the entity again, shooting energy at it to knock it away from the power battery. He knew he hadn't used enough power to hurt it, but he wasn't going to risk it. Not when it was still Ceraphel who was being used.

No matter what happened, he couldn't bring himself to hurt her.

"What are you even doing? Do you know? You don't make any sense at all! You don't seem to have one solid view of how love should be! How can I be wrong? How can Ceraphel be wrong? How can Carol be wrong? Somewhere along the line, you have to realize that all love is acceptable! That every road is correct. There is no one way about it!"

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
The possessed Elsian woman got hit with the white light, and she went flying for a moment, though she was not hurt by it. It was obvious that he was not trying to hurt her, no matter how much they provoked him. Memories, words, actions, none of it had gotten him to strike out at her in anger or even in self defense. Inside, Ceraphel could feel him doing so out of his love for her. No matter what happened, neither of them would be able to hurt each other.

Please...leave me, Ceraphel said softly in her head. I don't think this is the answer.

"Shut up," the Predator said out loud, though it was speaking to Ceraphel. "This is the only way to spread the right kind of love."

Shaking off the white energy, Ceraphel Predator flew toward the central power battery, and let loose an enormous blast of violet energy. The crystal lovers in the very center of the battery cracked, from top to bottom, and the entire planet shook. Carol floated up next to Sinestro, holding a bleeding place on her arm, her ring shuddering as it attempted to hold onto the energy that it had, though the central power battery was not looking good.

"...She's going to destroy the entire corps," Carol breathed. "If you can't hurt her, I will. But you're going to have to hold her still. If she can fight back, I won't be able to do anything at all."
User Image

Sinestro looked at Carol, his eyes narrowing.

"Get your lanterns and get off this planet, Carol," he told her, "drag the queen if you have to, I really don't care. But you and the others will only get in my way if you stay here. I do plan on stopping her, but I'm not going to do it through attacking her."

He shot away from Carol at that, leaving her to figure out what she wanted to do on her own. He was pretty sure he had made it clear that he wasn't going to attack Ceraphel, and he wasn't going to let anyone else do it, either. In his mind, he could save her. He just needed to figure out how. If his words weren't going to get through to her, maybe actions would.

In the movies, kisses always seemed to be the most powerful. It was always cheesy in the films, but that didn't make it less true. Maybe a kiss would help her!

It was the best way to spread love, wasn't it?

So he threw himself into the power battery, ignoring the strange sensation of having wild, uncontrolled love energy slamming against his frame in every direction. He wasn't a Sapphire- his ring wasn't designed for the battery. So the energy treated him like an enemy where it would have welcomed anyone else on the planet at that moment. And rightfully so.

He wasn't to be trusted, even by dead beings, it seemed.

"Ceraphel! Stop this!" he roared as he once again moved himself in front of her, using a shield to block any energy she attempted to shoot at the battery for a second time. It couldn't take another hit- it would shatter. He lowered his shield and quickly shot himself towards the woman, tackling her once more. He used the force to launch himself out of the battery and into the ground below, pinning her there once more.

"Damnit, I love you, Ceraphel! You know this love is just as right as any other love! You feel it!" He leaned down and kissed her, hoping it would give her more room to fight. Or he was kissing an entity.

Which he didn't like the thought of.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Carol frowned at him, "You're going to get yourself killed. And as much as I shouldn't care, I know it would break her heart."

Taking a breath, she nodded, "But you're her lover, and we've done what she suggested about you. We owe her that same respect."

Turning, she flew off to find the Zamarons, to get them off world with the rest of the Star Sapphires before it was too late. Ceraphel Predator was in the midst of the violet light, ready to tear the statue of the lovers out of the lantern. They had wrapped it in chains and were pulling on it as Sinestro entered the light. They did not expect him to come barreling towards them, to wrap his arms around them and slam them to the ground outside the lantern, and have a moment of peace as he kissed them.

Ceraphel Predator threw Sinestro off of her, and staggered back toward the lantern, "Won't stop us! Won't..."

They froze, and fell to their knees, howling and muttering like they had gone insane. In truth, it was Ceraphel arguing with the Predator about how nobody would have been so upset if they were really supposed to be doing this. If their love really was wrong, Sinestro would have never tried to keep her from doing something she would have been so heartbroken over. That killing her friends, even if they had shunned her, would have shattered her forever. Predator did not care about any of that, it was riding the hurt love inside her that it wanted to thrive on.

She loved Sinestro, and she loved her friends. She loved her planet and she knew, even without a ring, she would find some way to spread that love. Ruining what others had was not love. It was far from it. Ceraphel felt that deeply inside, and with a burst of will that would have made any green lantern proud, she took hold of the Predator inside her. It fought with her, and she was slammed against one of the crystals protruding from the ground, and then another, back and forth several times, her eyes fading to melon, then once again bright violet as she fought her own battle inside, certain now of the love of the people around her.

For a moment, there was no movement, and then spikes of crystal burst from the ground, curling over and stopping just short of Ceraphel's head. With a monumental effort, she got up, but she left the glowing energy of the Predator behind, trapped by the crystalline spikes, Ceraphel falling away from it in her nightgown once again, the fangs gone, her hair back to normal. Slowly sitting up, she opened her eyes, the soft melon color as was normal for her, and she turned to look at Sinestro, struggling to her feet. She threw herself into his arms, holding onto him though her arms shook with how weak they felt.

"I love you too," she murmured, for his ears only.

The Predator squirmed and writhed, trying to get free, the dragon-like creature not yet ready to give up. But it did not have a choice when the violet light from the damaged central power battery condensed on its own, and a ring formed from the very heart of the power, floating out of the battery and hovering in front of Ceraphel.

Ceraphel Archolmete of Els, you are capable of love greater than yourself.

Reaching out, she let the ring slip onto her finger, and the reassuring warmth of the violet light washed over her. Her normal uniform slipped into place over the nightgown and robe, and she held onto Sinestro once again. She was never going to let him go.
User Image

Sinestro watched as Ceraphel came back to her senses, wrapping his arms around her and holding onto her when she came back to hug him. He had been so concerned that he would lose her, but it seemed she had ended up stronger than the entity. He was happy- he hadn't even considered taking her down, not even for a moment. Though Carol had suggested fighting her, he wouldn't have been able to do it. They had probably both been aware of that.

He hugged her for quite some time, as lanterns started to collect around them, just watching the show of love.

When he took a step back from her, he saw that everyone was watching them, their lights glowing with love. He saw the queen moving towards them, lowering herself to the ground and touching down very elegantly.

"We were wrong," she said faintly, watching the two of them, "we... gave into fear. We allowed it to cloud our judgments. You said you were in control of your love, that you knew what you were doing... and you were right. That your love can over-power the entity itself... we were foolish to have ever doubted it. We hope you can forgive us..." She offered Ceraphel a bow, showing her a good deal of respect.

The other lanterns were very surprised, looking at one another and bowing as well.

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
It took Ceraphel a moment or two before she realized that the other Star Sapphires had come down to the surface of Zamaron again, and were watching them hold each other, just so grateful to be with the man she loved. How she had been so close to losing it because she thought she had needed the ring to do anything worthwhile. But she had defeated the entity without a ring, without anything but her love for Sinestro, and she knew that it would be enough for her, even if whatever was left of the lovers in the power battery had made a ring just for her.

When Queen Aga'po bowed, the others following suit, Ceraphel just stared and glanced at Sinestro, whispering softly to him, "Uh...what do I do? You're the one who's had people bow to him before."

The Predator thrashed and writhed, and the cracked power battery flickered again. Ceraphel kissed Sinestro's cheek gently and walked over to the Predator, putting her hand on its head gently. She could feel its confusion inside from her own emotions, and she just moved closer to those sharp teeth, to that violent violet energy, and wrapped her arms around its head. For a moment it looked like it would bite her in two, and then the creature calmed, overwhelmed by the love that she could produce, love that was sweet and pure and thought of others.

Violet light glimmered at her shoulders, and a long cape draped down her back, not of her making but of the entity's. She moved away the crystal clutching at the Predator, and it rose up, moving at her side as they turned and walked into the violet light of the central power battery. Ceraphel put her hands on the cracked statue of the lovers, and the Predator curled around her protectively, together healing the fissure in the crystal until it was whole and beautiful again. The violet light became strong and constant again, and she stepped out of the light.

When the Predator followed her, faithfully as a pet, the queen looked them over and knelt down, head lowered, "All hail the Star Sapphire."

The other Zamarons then followed suit, and the rest of the Star Sapphires. Again, Ceraphel did not know what to do until Aga'po lifted her head to speak once more.

"You have shown us how strong your love is, how true it is. And you have proven to us how that love has tamed even the Predator entity. There can be no other queen of the Star Sapphires than she who shows us into a new age."

"...Wait, what? I can't be queen."

She glanced at Sinestro, "I can't give up what it would cost to take on such duties."

Aga'po nodded, "I know. We will govern here, while you continue on as you wish. But you are the Star Sapphire, Ceraphel. From this day on, we will accept and cherish and share the love that you have shown us."
User Image

Sinestro stood back while everything was going on, taking stock of his injuries. He hadn't really paid them much attention while he had been so worked up in fighting. He had several deep gashes on him, some that looked like they might have been fatal. But he had his white light to heal him, though the process was slowed by the power of the entity. Still, it wasn't bleeding, so he imagined it wouldn't be too long before the wounds closed and he was healed.

The white light was handy to have, that was for sure.

He looked up when they decided to make Ceraphel the queen, arching an eyebrow. He couldn't say he was unhappy, but he had to wonder about their practices in the love corps. they seemed to jump around on decisions a lot. But he supposed that was the nature of love- it was always changing.

The predator left after it had helped with the ceremony, off to do whatever it was the lanterns did. Sometimes he wondered if the entities just hung out together a drank really large vats of tea. It seemed like it wouldn't be off doing normal things, by any means.

He was happy to see it go- he imagined he wouldn't be friendly with the predator... ever.

He moved closer to Ceraphel again, wrapping his arms around her. "If you all don't mind, I would like to take the Star Sapphire home now," he commented lightly, giving her a kiss on her neck, "I'll make sure to keep your queen safe."

The lanterns nodded. "We have no doubt," the former queen replied with something of a smile.

Sinestro smiled in response and teleported the two of them back to her home. He was tired, again, and he was sure he was going to pass out if he stayed with them too much longer. His visions had already started to get a bit blurry. With all the recent turmoil, and no sleep in between, he really enjoyed the thought of finally being able to rest with her.

"That was quite an adventure," he sighed softly, moving inside the house. Now that he was back on the ground, he was limping slightly, but he wasn't too concerned. His ring would heal the wounds soon enough.

By tomorrow, he would be back to normal.

He turned his head over his shoulder, smiling at her. "Maybe we can finally rest for a little while."

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Sweet Bibliophile

9,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Bookworm 100
Ceraphel was about to say that if that were the case, then Aga'po could just remain queen and she could go off and do her lantern duties, as it was all she had ever wanted. But Sinestro stepped in, suggesting it was time to go home. Just touching him, she could feel that he was exhausted, and she realized how much energy he must have been expending to keep her from destroying the power battery and killing the other Star Sapphires. She was deeply touched, and horrified about what had been lurking inside her, just waiting for the Predator to bring it out.

In a way, it helped her understand Sinestro more. He had been that way once. If she could get to that point as well, then they had more in common than ever. But Ceraphel knew she had not crossed that line, and it was because of him. It warmed her heart knowing they could make each other better people. Before she could protest again, they teleported home, and she gently lifted his arm over her shoulders, and walked him into the house. There was a lot of clean up to do in the yard, but she had her ring back, and one hell of a ring. It would be fixed in a matter of minutes.

"You look exhausted," she said softly. "Let's lie in bed for the rest of the day."

Without letting him say he was fine, she walked him upstairs, encouraging him to lean on her. The cloak was fastened to the sides of her uniform top and flowed easily behind her as she got him up to the bedroom. Settling Sinestro on the bed, Ceraphel let the uniform fade away, and she changed into a clean nightgown, the previous one torn and dirty. Then she sat down on the bed, her legs pulled up to her body.

"...I don't know if I want to be queen. That's a lot of responsibility. And power."

She glanced at Sinestro, "If I needed to, I could call the Predator to me. I can feel it, connected to me somehow. It doesn't want to take over again, it just wants to be with me."

Ceraphel frowned a little, "Not to mention the symbol of queen is a fancy cape. I mean...I kind of want a tiara or something."

Reaching over, she took his hand gently, "I am so terribly sorry for what happened, Thaal. I didn't have a choice, it just took over."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff