Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Vivian nodded when he spoke and said that he wanted to teach her how to cook. "No one has ever wanted to teach me something so worthwhile." She said, awed and thankful he'd be willing to do it.

However, before either of them could say anything, one of Daemon's chefs in training had come up. Vivian watched their interaction intently, and it was watching this that Vivian realized she liked this man. He was sweet, and caring and he treated women and people right. It was definitely something that she was going to have to get used to. Vivian couldn't help but raise a brow when Daemon turned back to her and called her kitten. Kitten? It was an interesting and cute nickname. But most straight guys gave girls nicknames like baby, or love, things like that. So.... maybe... was Daemon gay? She wasn't sure she'd have to keep an eye out and see what she thought. "I'm sure you can, Daemon, I look forward to learning from you." She said, which was true, she was eager to begin learning from him.

Vivian couldn't help but frown as he looked down and stared at her feet. What was wrong with her feet and her shoes? "Of course I don't own any flats or sneakers! I'm a businesswoman. I have no need for flats or sneakers!" She huffed at him. "What do you think I am? A slob?" Vivian asked, a bit bitchily towards him. Vivian glared. Although he was right about the fact that she had the money to buy a pair of those, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. "I don't like you assuming that I have enough money to buy anything." She said, huffing at him again. "I could say the same thing about men and how they wear really tight pants that show off their crotch." She said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at him.

The red head couldn't help but shiver when their eyes met. He was looking at her -- studying her so closely. And something about herself made him irritated. Vivian winced, and looked away from him when he began scolding her. "I don't need you assuming anything about my health or eating habits." She told him. If she hadn't been happy about him criticizing her shoes, she wasn't happy about this either. "And I don't nee you taking care of me, Daemon. I've taken care of myself for 28 years, I can do it just fine." She said, a little hurt at what he'd said.

His tone was a bit softer when he spoke next telling her to go and get some rest and that he'd bring her by some food later. "Fine, you can bring me food, only if you promise to have dinner with me." She said, trying to make the most out of the situation. She felt like a complete baby the way he was taking care of her. Vivian gave him her address and quickly left the restaurant to go back to her penthouse. Once she was home she got into a robe, slippers, and laid down to sleep the hangover off.

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Object of Affection 150
                      User Image

Eve pursed her lips, thinking hard on how she could reign in her emotions as well as Lucien Van Allen himself. Finally she decided on what course to take. "I'll spend time with you today. But, you have to listen to me," she said in a strong voice. There was something she wanted to do. When he had kissed her back at the elevator, Eve felt as if he was the one in control. He lived on control. Just look at how he dealt in his businesses. Now she licked her lips, waiting for his response. When it came, she blinked. Had he really agreed to it so fast? Startle flickered through her eyes, and she crossed her arms under her chest. "Uh. Well... I'm sure there were times when you didn't listen to me. But why should you? I mean, you're...you."

Now she nodded her head. "Ok. You and I are going to a restaurant where I want to go to. And...you stay three feet away from me. We're only friends. Got it?" she stated. A smug smile came to her. Yes. This was perfect. All she would do with him was go out for an early lunch at a cafe where she felt more comfortable in her clothes. She wasn't going to lie; she did want to see him uncomfortable. "We can walk to the place I want to eat at as well." She nodded her head again, completely satisfied with her plan. This time, she wasn't going to fall for his devious charms. Eve moved away from him, grabbing a purse from a hook near the door before waiting for him to follow her. Once they were outside, she inhaled deeply, feeling a little more in control with her situation. She just needed to focus her eyes on something other than him if she wanted to be successful. "This way." She motioned towards him, walking down the sidewalk towards the busier parts of the city.

As she walked, she couldn't help but wonder something. She was taking him to a casual cafe. Certainly people would recognize him as the CEO of Van Allen Inc. Would he get annoyed being around middle class people? Curiously, she snuck a glance towards him, eyes falling on his stoic face. Nothing seemed to betray him, and she pouted. He was a good actor but nothing more. He may have his business and wealth, but there was nothing else going for him! Well...he can kiss really well, she thought to herself absentmindedly. Once again, she blushed at the thought. Clearing her throat, she managed to push the memory away before glancing down the street. The cafe was looming closer, and she felt relief. Finally. She could eat something. On cue, her stomach let out a growl, and she wrapped an arm around her stomach.

When she reached the cafe with him, she opened the door and headed inside. Almost immediately, a waitress showed them to a table. Of course, the young waitress couldn't help but flush at the sight of Lucien. For some reason, Eve didn't like the way the girl looked at Lucien. Her eye twitched as she picked up the two page menu. "I'm going to get a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Then perhaps a chocolate latte," she murmured, nibbling on a finger as she glanced over the menu again. When she looked back up, she raised a brow. "And what is the CEO getting?"

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User ImageUser Image

He rolled his eyes at her flustered retort about her shoe issues. "You can't be serious. Even as a business woman, you should have sneakers or flats!" he argued back, clearly not pleased with everything. "I mean it. You can wear those abhorrent things when you work, but not in my kitchen." No woman dared to wear death shoes while cooking. It was impractical! Daemon snorted at her comment about men wearing tight pants. Was she really arguing back with him like this? An unhappy sound came from him, and he shook his head. He wasn't going to touch that subject any more than necessary. But he was going to see that she would get suitable shoes the next time she came into his kitchen.

Now there were other things he wanted to address. There was the issue of how she was eating. Just by looking at her, Daemon could see that she wasn't eating properly. He made it very clear to her about his thoughts about her intake of food. Once he heard her say that she would allow him to cook for her, he nodded his head sharply. "Now go home and get some rest. I'll drop by your place later on," he said. With that said, he ushered her out of the kitchen so he could get back to work.

The rest of the day passed by without that much drama. Daemon had a successful lunch rush, and he was ready to check out by the time dinner rolled around. Right now, he was at a stove, head bent over the wok as he cooked. Tonight, he was bringing Vivian some stir fry vegetables and black cod. Fish was high in protein and other nutrients, and he knew she would be in need of it. Once the meal was made, he put the food in take out boxes before bidding his crew good bye. They could handle the night by themselves. Quickly, he headed out towards his car, pulling out his phone when he sat in the driver's seat. His eyes scanned the address, and he inputting it to his GPS system before heading out. It didn't take him very long to reach the place where Vivian lived. He whistled to himself when he saw the building. It was true that the woman did have money. There was no way that he would ever dream to live in such a lavish area. Daemon did have money, but he preferred to live simply.

The male made his way to her area, knocking on the door. "It's me. Daemon," he said to the door. When she came to open it, he held up the plastic bag with the food he had brought. "I brought you real Chinese food. Stir fry and fish."

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
                    User ImageUser Image
                                                              It was hard to focus on what she was saying when her lips were pursed and she was undeniably sexy. Somehow, Lucien reigned himself in, and found himself paying attention to her words. He was impressed when she spoke in a stronger voice. He'd thought she was meek and pliable, but maybe she wasn't going to bend so easy. Maybe he himself was going to have to bend for her a bit. Although he found himself not being able to focus on the conversation at hand, rather and found himself focusing on her lips. She was licking them seductively. She must be innocent to not even realize what she had been doing had a certain effect on him. When he agreed to her terms (which weren't all that bad in his opinion) he was highly satisfied when she seemed more surprised. He was always hoping that he would surprise her. He didn't want to be predictable when it came to her. “I think you'll find that I am a very good listener.” He said, smiling over at her. Because he did listen to people, and he found himself wanting to listen to her. “I listen to the people's opinions that I value, and I believe have something to say.” He told her.

Lucien shrugged. He had agreed to her terms. So, he guessed, he'd just have to go along with her. “Alright, since I agreed to your terms, we'll go to a restaurant of your choosing.” He said, his tone gentle. Lucien rose a brow at her when she gave him a three feet parameter. “Are you afraid to be seen with me?” He asked her curiously. “Or is it that you're afraid to be near me because of what you think and feel for me?” He asked, studying her scrupulously. Lucien nodded and agreed with her even though he would have other plans in mind. “Alright we can walk there.” The man said, smiling at her. Lucien watched as she moved further away from him, and grabbed her purse from a hook near the door.

The man smiled and followed her out of her apartment door, and he followed her out into the streets. She was quiet while they were walking. Since he already made her uncomfortable, he didn't want to make her anymore uncomfortable then she already was. Plus, Lucien didn't always feel a need to always talk. In fact, he much rather preferred when people were silent and proved themselves through their actions. Though while they were walking, he couldn't help but glance over at her every now and then. He couldn't help but smile when he saw her blushing. So maybe there were more to her feelings then just boss and secretary, that she wasn't letting on. Lucien was determined to figure out just what her feelings were, and get her to admit them to herself.

The two finally reached the cafe, and it was nice, quaint. Something that he wasn't really used to. He was used to high end things, with a bit more flash. But this would do. He couldn't afford to be too picky, seeing as how this was the only reason she'd agreed to go out with him. As soon as they walked in, a waitress showed them to their table. Although he could feel her eyes on him, knowing it was because she was attracted to him, he had eyes for Eve. He smiled when she ordered a bagel with cream cheese and salmon, along with a chocolate latte. Lucien smirked when she called him the CEO and asked what he would like. “I'll have a bagel and cream cheese with salmon as well.” He said, smiling at the waitress. “And I'll have a french vanilla cappuccino please.” He said.

With that the waitress left to go and fill their order. Lucien turned so he was facing Eve. After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke up again. “You look lovely today, Eve.” He said, smirking at the thought of her pink underwear and over-sized t-shirt. “Are you looking forward to work on Monday?” He asked her curiously. “You'll learn alot not only from me, but from the company as a whole.” He said, very interested to see just what she would do with this opportunity he was going to give her.

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Vivian rolled her eyes at him, why were they arguing about this? "I only do things for business. I have no need for sneakers or flats." And on her free time she was in slippers. Those were about the most comfy shoes she had. The rest were all for business. Vivian glared at him. She kinda liked fighting with him, it was sorta turning her on at the moment. "Then you buy me a pair of those things!" She said, huffing at him. Not like he really would buy her one. Vivian would most likely succumb and buy a stupid pair of flats and sneakers. But she wasn't going to give in that easily. She was going to make it difficult for him, very difficult. But not so difficult he'd give up on teaching her. Though she really was beginning to think that he was gay.

Vivian nodded at him. "I'll see you later." She said, softly, and left his restaurant.

Later that day, Vivian had been cleaning her apartment and tidying it up so that he wouldn't come into a complete mess. Though she hadn't changed out of her slippers and bathrobe, this was her house and she could dress as she pleased. He wouldn't tell her how to dress and act in her own home. Vivian made sure evidence of take out containers were gone so he couldn't tell her he'd been right. She also made sure that the fridge was stocked with alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol.

She couldn't help but smile when she heard the knock on her door followed by Daemon's strong, gruff voice. Vivian practically skipped to the door -- something she hadn't done since she was a young child, and something she'd never tell Daemon -- and opened the door for him. When she saw him she couldn't help but smile when she saw him. Amazing scents assaulted her nose as he began talking about real stir fry and fish. "What kind of fish? Can you teach me to make real stir fry?" She asked him, allowing him entry into her apartment. "You can set that on the counter, I'll get plates and glasses out." She said, going and doing that. "Do you want wine, or beer?" Vivian asked him, giving him no other options than to drink with her as she poured herself a big glass of wine. "Thank you for coming, Daemon. I don't deserve the kindness you've shown me." She said, having been nothing but a b***h to him.

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User Image

It wasn't that she was afraid of him. It was that she was afraid of her heart. Eve wasn't used to being the center of attention. Boys just seemed to look passed her. In college, they would always go out with her friends, leaving her in the dark. She didn't really mind it, being that she was rather a bookworm, but she wished to experience something that related to love. It was probably why she was as clueless as she was with Lucien.

Now she stared hard at her menu as she sat in her little chair by the window in the cafe she had brought him to. It was nerve-racking. Finally, she voiced what she was going to order and glanced towards Lucien to see what he would pick. Surely he didn't feel comfortable here. Eve wanted to see if he could express anything else besides that cocky nature of his. But it seemed that her plans weren't going accordingly. This blasted man was as cool as a cucumber! There wasn't even a sweat on his brow. Eve grumbled under her breath as she listened to him order the same dish as she had. When the waitress left, she started to feel the nerves again. After a few peaceful moment of silence, she heard him speak. His words left her blushing like mad. Clearing her throat, she spoke. "Uhm. Yes. I do like working at your business, Mr. Van Allen," she started to say. There was just something in the way he spoke his last sentence that left her heart racing in her chest. "What do you mean by that? Learn from you? I'm not your intern. Just a secretary. There couldn't be any possible thing that I could learn from a man such as yourself." She hadn't meant the words to come out so harshly, and she bit her lower lip at the realization. Hopefully, he wouldn't take the words too personally.

By now, their food had arrived, but she found that her appetite had faded. All she did was sip at her hot latte, trying to keep the liquid down. Finally, she opened her mouth again. "I didn't mean any disrespect...I just don't see how a secretary can really accomplish much. And, I'm not really a graduate student yet. Just taking a break from college," she stated. Now she was going to say something a little more courageous. "And...I think we should maintain a professional relationship. What happened in ... in that elevator was a once in a lifetime thing. I...I don't feel comfortable doing it with you." She didn't feel comfortable because she wanted more. She was feelings things that she had never felt before. And it scared her slightly.

Eve took a bite out of her bagel, chewing methodically. She didn't really want to see what his face would purvey. For some reason, she felt as if he didn't like to be denied. He was the type that got what he wanted, and she had just denied him something. Who knew how important it was for him. Still...what they did in that elevator was something dark and forbidding. Yet, she wanted to kiss him still. She wanted to feel his heated lips against hers. These urges were what scared her slightly. Carefully, she glanced up at him from under her lashes, trying to read the look in his face as she watched him.

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User ImageUser Image

When the door opened, he gave the girl inside a smile before stepping in. His eyes glanced around, and he found himself at a little loss. This girl did have money. Everything here was beautifully decorated, and it was no lie that her furniture was designer. A sigh came out of his mouth as he made his way towards her kitchen. Gently, he placed his package down on the counter. "Stir fry with fish. Black cod actually," he stated. "You can grab a bottle of white wine if you'd like. White wine goes best with fish." He nodded before unpacking the box of food. It didn't him very long to find some plates for them. By now, he figured that the girl would be hungry. Moments later, he had placed a plate of stir fry and fish on the table for her. Then he made his way back to the kitchen and opened the door of the refrigerator.

The sigh before him left him rather at a loss. Her entire refrigerator was filled with beer and other alcoholic drinks. There didn't seem to be anything healthy in there! And, he found a box of cheap take out. A nerve in him snapped. "Vivian," he said, his tone darker. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he stepped towards where she was sitting at the table. How on earth did this girl live? She was living in opulence, yet she had no idea how to feed herself. "Your refrigerator...it's only filled with alcohol. Really. I'm going to be setting lines for you now. Since I'm cooking your food, you'll stock the refrigerator with things I tell you to. Understand? If you want me to teach you, I'll be coming to your place to help you cook. And I need that refrigerator filled with fresh ingredients." Daemon looked at her with annoyance now. She really had no idea how to take care of herself. It upset him to see any girl like this.

Shaking his head, he sat down across from him. "Eat." Why was he trying so hard to do this for her? It was Vivian who spewed nonsensical things at him when he had tried to help her when she was drunk. So...why was he going out of his way to help her? Perhaps it was because he harbored a deep guilt that made him want to help women. A sigh came out from him, and he motioned for her to keep eating.

"Oh yeah. If there's any foods that you specifically like me to make you, make a list and give it to me. I'll see what I can do. Otherwise, what did you want to learn how to make first?" he asked her, trying to make small talk now.

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
                    User ImageUser Image
                                                              Lucien found it interesting that she did not comment on whether or not she was afraid of him, or afraid of her feelings. Though if Lucien had to guess it was something of a combination of the two. If he had anything to say about it, he would change both of those things for her. He would show her that she had no reason to be afraid of him, as well, he would show her that she had no reason to be afraid of her feelings and desires for him either. In fact, she would be much better off if she just embraced her feelings, and explored them. “You know what they say about bottling up your feelings and desires.” Lucien said, quietly before glancing at the menu.

With that, he let that topic go. Lucien could tell she was not one to give in easily, and that she would need to be worked on and worn down before she succumbed to his will. Eve ordered, and Lucien did as well. Of course he was much more used to the plush extravagance of The Devil's Advocate or other higher end places. But he was used to tailoring himself to whatever his clients were more comfortable with, and there had been a few, especially when he had first started off, he had met clients in places such as this. If she had been trying to get a rise out of him, two could play at this game. “This is a wonderful place, Eve.” He said, smiling over at her. “Do you come here often?” He asked, tilting his head curiously.

It was then that he asked her about whether or not she was liking it at his company. Lucien was interested to see what she said. Lucien shook his head. “I am glad that you are enjoying my company, and you like working for me.” Lucien said, shaking his head at her. Was she so young and naive, that she didn't know the position she had found herself. Lucien huffed at her, annoyed with the fact that she didn't seem to be grateful for the opportunity. “You know, many college students such as yourself would be delighted and would kill to have the opportunity you've been given, Miss Thierry.” He said to her, rather coldly, and only using her last name instead of her first name. He did not like being taken for granted! “You know, Miss Thierry,” he said, looking at her with a steely glance, “not many people would have tolerated your late arrival on your first day. Nor would they have kept you.” He said.

She was lucky that he had taken an interest in her, and she was lucky that he had patience and had kept her on. He could have found another girl like her to fill her place anywhere. And yet.... he chose her. Lucien calmed down slightly, after she had said that she was sorry. “On the contrary, Eve.” He said, sipping his cappuccino. “You could learn a lot from me, if you just took the chance.” He said, his words having more than one meaning. Lucien set the coffee down and smiled at her. “You see, I like cultivating up and coming talent. And those people that start off as secretaries, or interns, or mail people in my company, I keep an eye on. If I see they have talent and would flourish in my company I promote them.” He said, his eyes never leaving her face. “So you see, I see a great deal of potential in you. And I have taken an interest in you and would like to see you blossom.” Lucien said. If only she saw just how talented she could be. “I would like you to stay on and work for me, and when you do apply to graduate school, I would like you to keep me informed on your progress.” He said, knowing he could help her in a great number of ways.

Lucien listened while she talked, and methodically picked pieces of salmon off of his bagel. He took a piece, and seductively put it in his mouth. “Oh do you?” He asked her, leaning across the table, and placing his hand on the back of her neck gently. He pulled her closer to him, licking his lips seductively. His lips just a breath away from hers. Lucien watched as she closed her eyes, and her lips parted to his, in anticipation of his kiss. Lucien pulled away with a smirk on his face. “I highly doubt that you feel uncomfortable with it. Every reaction from your body tells me the opposite.” He said, taking another sip of his coffee and biting into his bagel. He felt very accomplished, very accomplished indeed.

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Vivian Winslow found Daemon Nite's smile infectious. She couldn't help but smile hesitantly back at him. She was sure that he probably had girls and guys alike falling at his feet. But she was not a girl to swoon and beg for a man. Men begged for her. She hoped that she would get Lucien Van Allen to beg for her, to want her. It had hurt not only her pride and feelings, but the heart she'd kept locked away for a very long time. She'd finally opened it up to someone, and look what he had gone and done. Shattered the one piece she'd dared to give him, all because she'd wanted more. Well damn it! She deserved more! The man brought her out of her thoughts when he told her that he had brought stir fry and black cod. "Sounds delicious." She said, and in all honesty it really did. Vivian nodded when he told her that white wine went well with wish. "White wine it is." She said, going about getting the glasses out and the bottle of wine.

Vivian's mouth watered as he unpacked the box getting out a plate for her and fork to eat. She was surprised with how at ease in the kitchen he was and comfortable he was getting things out for her. Then again, he was a chef after all. The red head had her back to him, and hadn't realized he'd opened up her refrigerator. His tone of voice when he said her name was so dark, and full of anger. Vivian turned to him, her eyes wide with fear when he spoke. She was shaking, and holding her breath. Just the sound of that voice and the way he'd said her name reminded her of so many people from her past. Not to mention the beatings she'd received because of that tone.

"Don't. Please?" She pleaded with him. At first she'd thought that he would want to hurt her and hit her for something she'd done. She felt as if she were a little girl again, back in that house with her father and her uncle. But then he began scolding her about her fridge being stocked with alcohol. The fear subsided, as she realized that he was upset with how she had been taking care of herself and eating, not that he was going to hurt her. Although the shaking hadn't stopped. It would go away eventually. Eventually she would stop being scared of men, and would be comfortable and happy in her own skin. "G-Give me a list, and the stores you buy them from and I'll... I'll buy them." She said, hating the way her voice shook, and steeling herself against his pity. She didn't need it, and she didn't want it.

Vivian sat down, and hid her hands under the table, and watched as Daemon sat across from her. "Are you always going to order me around like this?" She asked him, smirking at the fact she liked that he was bossy like this. Vivian lifted a delicate hand out from under the table and cursed herself when her hand shook as she picked the fork up. All fear and nervousness had been forgotten when she took one delicious, succulent bite. "My god, Daemon!" She said! It was like heaven in her mouth. "All the tastes, savory, with a hint of spice!" She said, taking bite two and three and shoveling them in her mouth. Vivian was so engrossed in eating, she hadn't even taken a sip of wine. Which coming from her, was a really big achievement. "Is that a hint of lemon I taste?" She asked having a good sense of the tastes of things. Vivian took a bite of the fish and moaned at how good it was. It was warm, and tender, flaky just as a fish should taste.

The woman shook her head. "I'm not picky. Anything you make, we'll be better than take out or what I can make right now." She said, simply stating a fact. "I do have a sweet tooth, and I like seafood. So you cater to either of those things, I'm yours." She said, smiling at him as she finally took a sip of her wine. She remembered drinking this very wine with Lucien and it made her sad and hurt that he'd dumped her like that. Taking a big gulp to drown the sorrow, Vivian sighed. "Is there something wrong with me, Daemon?" She asked him, looking up at him surprised when she saw there were tears in her eyes. "Am I not good enough? Am I not pretty enough?" She asked, looking away so he wouldn't see her tears. "I'm sure that b*****d Lucien already has his next girl picked out." She said, bitterly.

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User Image

It seemed that her words didn't settle well with her boss. And it seemed that Lucien wasn't the cool faced man that many thought he was. She blinked at his sudden hostility, flinching when he called her by her last name. Oh man. She hadn't meant to anger him. But, she wasn't the type of girl to stand for being attacked. She had made a mistake in her words, but it didn't warrant him getting all huffy! Eve steeled her gaze, meeting his for the first time without blushing. "I'm sorry if I have offended you, Mr. Van Allen," she told him, her voice a little colder. He definitely was self-centered, but she was at fault as well. Sighing, she merely sipped at her latte as she listened to him speak. Was he just going to lecture her like she was some sort of child?

Again, he was telling her that he could teach her many things. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the words. He kept telling her these things, yet, she didn't see any action. And she didn't like the hidden meaning he had in his tone as well. Eve set her latte cup down on the wooden table. "I will see what I'll do with my graduate school when it comes time," she told him in a mutter. Shaking her head, she started to speak again. This time, she wanted to address another topic that was bothering her. "As..for our relationship. I don't think that it is wise that we continue with our...little tryst. It's not healthy. And, it's not a good thing to have in the work environment. I'm sorry. I just...don't think we should do things like the elevator." Lies. All lies. She wanted to experience more of him. She wanted him to kiss her like he had in that elevator. She wanted to touch him, run her fingers in his soft-looking hair.

Carefully, Eve glanced up at him to see him biting into his food in a rather seductive manner. Before she had time to react, she felt her face being pulled forward. Her eyes widened, and she quickly shut them. He was going to kiss her. She knew that look in his eye! Shivering, her lips parted in anticipation of the feeling of his warm ones. But nothing happened.

“I highly doubt that you feel uncomfortable with it. Every reaction from your body tells me the opposite.”

Her jaw dropped now. How dare he! How could he?! Without even thinking, she stood up from her chair, her lower lip trembling as she did something that she could very well regret later in her life. The latte cup was in her hand in a matter of seconds. And then the hot contents were emptied out right onto Lucien's person. Eve glared at the man before her, not caring to the eyes that watched with shock. "You are horrible. All you do is tease. You never follow through. You're just a tease, and I won't stand for it!" she snapped. Eve wasn't about to let this man get to her. He had caused her enough grief as is. Playing around with her emotions...it was a horrible thing. It didn't help that she was slowly starting to fall for him. Growling under her breath, she pivoted on her heel before storming out of the cafe. He could pay the damned bill. He had more than enough money.

Eve didn't stop walking until she had reached her car. She didn't care that she had just left him back at the cafe. She was done being a play thing. But as soon as she shoved her keys into the ignition, she found that her car wouldn't start. The blasted thing just started to splutter and cough like it had died. "No! This is not happening!" she rasped. Could her luck get any better?

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User ImageUser Image

Daemon hadn't meant to frighten the red head, but seeing all those alcoholic bottles caused him to snap a little bit. Sighing, he merely waved his hand for her to sit before bring her the plate of hot food. "I'll give you the list after you eat," he said, sitting down across from her. "Eat." He frowned a little when she commented on how he was ordering her around. Her smirk confused him, and he said nothing as he motioned for her to eat again. Moments later, he heard the sounds that were starting to become familiar to him. As he watched her, he soon realized that her palette was actually decent. The fact that she was able to taste the lemon in the mix of vegetables and fish was rather amazing.

"You keep telling me that you're not going to be a good cook, yet, you can taste things that others can't," he mused out loud. "Ok. So, what would you like me to teach you? Any specific dish you like?" He was leaning his cheek on his hand that he had propped up on the table now. His eyes never left hers as he waited for her to speak. When he heard her answer, his brow raised. So Vivian liked seafood? Not many girls seemed to like seafood, so this came to him as a surprise. A smile came to his face again, and he leaned back in his chair with a thoughtful expression. There were many things he could teach her in regards to seafood. Shrimp scampi was one of his favorite dishes. But then there was succulent lobster tails as well. The options were endless! As he thought of the different combinations, he didn't pay attention to the mood that was changing. Vivian's voice was what caught his attention. His eyes went back to her form, and he pursed his lips slightly.

All of a sudden, she seemed rather remorseful. His eyes went to her near empty glass of wine, and he reached out gently to take it away from her. Already he had guessed that she had an addiction to alcohol. Her refrigerator was proof of that. A sigh came from him, and he spoke. "Look. If Lucien just dumped you just because of some stupid reason, I don't think it's healthy for you to try to pursue a man like himself," he began. His words were a little cold and sharp, but he wasn't going to spout soft words to a girl that needed strong ones. He wasn't the type to sugar-coat his words. He wasn't going to sit and make lies to the girl before him. It just wasn't his thing. "Why go after a man that's hurt you so much to the point that you're harming yourself?" Daemon realized that perhaps he was being a little too blunt. Frowning, he ran a hand through his hair as he thought hard on what to say next.

"Look...what I'm trying to say is that...you're a beautiful woman. Strong and very capable. Just look at how far you've gotten. A woman your age doesn't come by money like this very fast," he told her in a gentle voice. "There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. But...I'm not going to tell you to just give up. It seems that you still have feelings for the bloody man. So...if you want to try to get him back, I'll help." He was going to help. He was going to help?! What on earth was he thinking? Daemon cursed at himself inwardly, but he managed to keep a straight face.

It was because he couldn't stand to see a woman in pain. Not after he caused grief in the past to a special girl that held part of his heart. This was his affliction.

Now Daemon stood. He walked over to where Vivian sat, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I have to go back home for the night, but tomorrow, come by my restaurant in the morning. I have an idea on what to teach you. Shrimp scampi sound good?"

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
                    User ImageUser Image
                                                              He was upset and very unhappy with Miss Thierry. Obviously she did not see the opportunity she had here with him. He would have to make her see just how valuable her job here could be. She apologize and that only slightly mollified him. “Yes, well,” He said, looking over at her his eyes still icy and steely. “You should be more careful with your words.” He said. She would have to be careful with her words when she was working in the business area. She would not wish to offend one of their major clients and have to have him do damage control would she?

Lucien sighed and rolled her eyes. “Being difficult like this, will get you no where, Miss Thierry.” He said. If she wanted a business relationship well this was how he would address her from now on. At least until he changed her mind. Lucien sighed and shook his head. Although she pretended that she didn't want anything to do with him, that she would like it to remain professional, her body and her actions betrayed her. Lucien would just have to exploit her wants and desires to make her see that she should give into him.

The man couldn't help himself. It was almost as if she were daring him to take her here and now. So, he would just have to show her that she was becoming addicted to him, as he was becoming addicted to her. He pulled her close, their lips barely brushing together. And then instead of kissing her as he so badly wished to do, he spoke to her, leaving her wanting. Instead of leaving her wanting as he had suspected that would do, it angered her.

Lucien couldn't help but blink as she stood up and called him horrible. When had he ever been insulted like that before? “I'm a tease?!” He asked her outraged. “Look you dare me to kiss you in the elevator, and we both know that you and I both enjoyed it. Then you want to act like it never happened and have a professional relationship?” He asked her. “I think you're mistaken, Miss Thierry. I think you are the tease!” He said, matter-of-factly.

She stormed out of the cafe, and left him stuck with the bill. Lucien paid it, and promptly called his driver to come and pick him up. She could go to hell and tease the devil himself for all he cared!

------- Time Skip -------

It was Monday morning and Lucien had arrived at the office bright and early. Not even his morning coffee could please him this morning and brighten up his dark mood. He'd gone all since Saturday being unfulfilled, unpleasured, and angry. It was all because of little miss innocent, Eve Thierry. Well he was just going to have to show her. She couldn't throw coffee on him like that and get away with it. He'd been in the office almost an hour when he finally saw the brunette arrive at her desk. At least this time she'd been able to show up on time. Lucien picked up his phone and dialed her telephone. When she picked up, Lucien didn't even give her time to say anything. “In my office! Now!” He said, truly unhappy with the way things had gone between them.

Desirable Ladykiller

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Vivian was beginning to calm herself down. She scolded herself for reacting that way. For still letting her father and her uncle get to her and bring her down like that. She was brought out of her thoughts when Daemon spoke again. She nodded. "Okay, I'll get you the things you need then." Vivian said, making a mental note to stop the next day at the market and get him the things that he would need. If he needed fresh ingredients that would mean she would have to stop more frequently at the market. An inconvenience but she was willing to handle that if she got to spend more time with him and learn to cook. He was ordering her again and she couldn't help but find that sexy... and familiar at the same time. But that was a whole box of something she wasn't willing to unpack and evaluate right now.

She couldn't help herself. As soon as she bit into the delicate fish and savory stir fry, she was moaning. This was completely delicious and she was loving every minute of it. Vivian raised a brow when he complimented her on the fact that she could taste things most people couldn't. "I guess I just have a very good palette." She said, shrugging. Her mother had been a good cook, at least that's what her father and uncle had told her when they'd blamed her for taking her mother from this world. When she said that she liked seafood, and desserts, it seemed that Vivian had impressed Daemon. He sat there looking adorable with his hand on his cheek resting it on the table. There was no way this man could be straight. He had to be gay.

The woman barely even noticed that he had taken her glass away from her. She was so focused on Lucien and the fact that he'd broken up with her. She was still bitter about the entire situation. She wanted revenge against him and she wanted to make him pay. "Don't tell me what's healthy! I want to make him pay!" She said, hiccuping at him. Vivian always got the hiccups when she was drunk. It was completely embarrassing. "He broke up with me because I wanted more! Because I wanted commitment!" She said. Why would he have done something like that?

The woman blinked up at him when he said that Lucien was hurting her. "He didn't hurt me... not in that way... not all the time.." She said. When she was drunk, she became loose tongued. Vivian was surprised when he complimented her and told her how beautiful and strong she was. "Do you mean that? Do you mean you'll help me?" She asked him, the gears in her head whirring with thought. "You'll have to spy on him for me. He comes to your restaurant all the time. I want to know who he comes in with, and what they do and talk about." She said, surprisingly coherent in her plot for revenge.

She smiled up at him when he said that he had to go home for the night and to come to his restaurant in the morning. "Not so fast." She said, standing up wobbling slightly in her drunkenness. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her, wrapping herself around him. "I want you Daemon..." She said, seductively while she placed her lips on his. She began making out with the man, and was still quite skilled with the fact that she was drunk.

------ Time Skip ------

It was Monday now, and she'd had only a few lessons with Daemon so far. She wasn't quite sure what to make of him other than he was nice. Sometimes she felt that he was gay and others she wasn't so sure. It wasn't like he'd done anything to confirm or deny it. So she was just going to have to test him. She had gotten up fairly early, she had a cooking session with Daemon today before she went into work.

She had slept in her lingerie and she figured it would be a good thing to test Daemon in. If he barely blinked at the fact she was half naked then he was gay. If he did blink it meant he was either bi or straight. Vivian was hoping he was straight, because he was really nice to look at. Not to mention he could help her make Lucien jealous. Slipping out of her bedroom, she smiled when she saw Daemon working in her kitchen. "Morning sexy." She said, coming up behind him and wrapping her arms around him from behind. "I like seeing you in my kitchen." She said, closing her eyes and smelling something wonderful. "That smells amazing! What are you cooking? Can you teach me?" She asked eager to learn. Vivian stepped away from him, moving to the coffee pot where he'd already made coffee for her. She waggled her butt seductively as she made her coffee. "Anything new with Lucien?" She asked, curious for his news.

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User Image

Eve managed to get back home by calling a towing company. Her beloved car had engine problems, so she had to use other means of transportation for the time being. The weekend passed without any more problems from a certain CEO, but she had that nagging feeling that she was going to be berated when she came to work on Monday.

Bright and early, she awoke, taking her time to get ready for work. Today, she was sporting a loose bun on top of her head. Glancing at her reflection in the mirror, she nodded before heading out of the apartment. The bus picked her up right on time, and she smiled at her luck. Perhaps things would go well today. Maybe Lucien decided that pursuing her was a bad idea. Deep down, she couldn't help but feel slight disappointment in herself. She knew that almost any girl would want attention from a man like Lucien, yet, she was pushing him away. Why? Eve shook her head, blowing out a sigh as she pressed a cheek into the window of the bus. Maybe this was all her fault. Had she led him on? No matter how hard she thought, she couldn't see why he was still attracted to her. She was average. There was that red head that used to frequent his office. She was over the top beautiful. There didn't seem anything wrong with her.

The bus screeched to a stop a few blocks away from her work, and she quickly exited, making her way down the side walk to the large corporate building. When she reached the correct floor, she wen straight to her desk. So far, everything seemed peaceful. There was that soft hum of office sounds, soothing her a bit. Now she turned on her computer, tapping her password into the keyboard before pulling up her email. Just before she could even open the first email, her desk phone went off, causing her to flinch. "It's just a phone call," she told herself. Quickly, she picked the phone up, placing it to her ear. She had no opportunity to voice her introduction before hearing a rather irate tone. Lucien. The tell-tale click of the phone on the opposite end signaled that he had cut the phone call short.

A groan came out of her lips as she pushed off from the chair she sat in. He wanted to see her. Wonderful. And by his tone, she knew that he was still upset with what happened a few days ago. Could the man just not get over things? He was like a child that didn't get what he wanted! Grumbling, she headed to his office, not bothering to knock before entering. "You asked to see me, Mr. Van Allen?" she questioned, crossing her arms under her chest. Her tone was slightly defiant as she spoke, and she hadn't meant it to be. It was just that he was so trying! "I was on time to work today." She didn't quite understand why he called her into his office. Eve was pretty sure that all her work had been flawless up until now, and she had come into work on time.

So why was this absurdly attractive man bothering her?

Dangerous Phantom

12,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
                      User ImageUser Image

Daemon sighed. There was no arguing with a drunk person. All he could do was nod his head. "Alright. I'll spy on him and see what he does with whatever girl he brings. But I can't guarantee you any results," he said with a frown. Then he stood, telling her that he needed to get back home. There were things he had to do anyways. Before he could step away successfully, Vivian launched herself at him with surprising speed for a drunk. Her lips were on his in a matter of seconds. Daemon grunted out in shock, gently pushing her away from him as he struggled to not succumb to hormones. "Vivian. Really. I'm not doing this with you. You're drunk. You need to sleep. We'll talk more when you aren't under the influence." As gently as he could, he helped her towards her bedroom, tucking her in. From past experience, he knew not to linger around. Vivian had a death grip once she got to him. With her safely in bed, he exited her lavish living spaces, going back to his simple apartment for the night.

A few days had passed since he had agreed to help her in her endeavors of revenge. He didn't quite agree with her, but it was better than to argue with her. She was in a fragile state after all. Daemon hoped that she would soon realize that revenge was not the way to go. Now he made his way back to her suite, opening the door with the spare key that she had hidden under the mat. When he entered the penthouse, he realized that his student was still asleep. A sigh came from him, and he shook his head. He had told her countless times to sleep early and get up early. It was healthier for her. Still, she resisted his advice. In fact, she still didn't have sneakers in her closet. He had checked.

Now he headed to her kitchen, opening up the refrigerator to pull out some supplies. At least, the female had gotten rid more than half of the alcoholic bottles in this place to put some healthier alternatives. Within minutes, the stove was one, and he had a pan heating up with some olive oil. Today, he was going to make Vivian some freshly made pancakes with a blueberry reduction topping.

Once Daemon was into the cooking groove, there was a small window to distract him. Vivian had managed to come up behind him to wrap her slender arms around his waist. A sigh came out from his lips, and he pursed his lips before pushing her arms away gently. "I'm cooking, Vivian," he chastised her softly. Vivian was a rather touchy-feely type of girl. On normal circumstances, he wouldn't have minded. But he wasn't going to be that guy that was a rebound. Daemon turned around to face her, hot pan in one hand. But he froze. She was blabbering out things, but all he could do was stare at her scantily clad body. A normal man would have started panting right there. But Daemon was far from normal. Instead of blushing and getting hot, he merely frowned more before placing his pan down on one of the cool burners of the stove. "What on earth are you wearing? Seriously. If you get hot oil onto you, you aren't going to be that happy with a burn mark. Go back to your room this instant and change into something else! I am not teaching you anything, and I am not telling you any information I have until you change!" He was shocked at her brazen behavior. But as she walked away and disappeared back into her bedroom, he found himself breathing hard.

Damn. That girl always had ways to poke and prod at his resolve! He leaned against a counter, swallowing hard as he struggled to restrain his boyish emotions. Daemon shook his head, forcing himself to concentrate on cooking. When Vivian came back out, he glowered at her for a few seconds before motioning for her to put an apron on. "I'm making buttermilk pancakes with a blueberry reduction. If you want to help, I suggest you start washing blueberries."

It wasn't that he was interested...it was more that he wanted to respect her. But she was making it extremely hard for him. He was just lucky that he was rather strong in the hormone area.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff