Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trash Smoker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Hotsprings of Ancient Gyre

According to legend, there once was an Ancient City who lived within the the many stoney mountains of Ancient Gaia. This City had been rumored to advance in magic long before it's neighbors and enemies. It had grown strong and proud. The city was named Gyre. The citizens of Gyre became cocky and tried to influence those around them to leave their ways behind to follow the Gyreans way of Magic. However the citizens did not know the correct way of handling the magic they had stumbled upon using. It had been gifted from the Earth and was also unruly. Without proper control the swiftly risen city was soon destroyed.

Many ruins of this once great city have been hidden within the mountains soon to be forgotten in time. Among the mountains and ruins was a small valley filled with water. This held a multi leveled building from the ancient city. The hot springs had formed and completely submerged the first level and partially submerged the second. The third and fouth levels however remained dry and intact. Whether by magic or nature, the building is still solid and intact. All of the water are hot springs which are claimed to have magical healing and soothing properties.

Creation of this description brought to you by.....
bigxsisxsara

Trash Smoker

Through the streets he had run, through the monster filled sewers he fled. The ratling escaped from the hospital and the city. The stitched up slices that covered his body were filled with filth and slowly bleeding. He once wielded a IV pole, but his make shift weapon was lost in the sewers during a fight with one of the shaggoths that dwelled there. His eyes glowed an eerie red as he moved through the forest toward where he remembered the map to lead. "Zephyr, Steiner, Yorrik, Tanker, Orion, Weber, All of them will die." The ratling said as he began to crawl up the mountain now, his strength slowly wearing from him as he trekked on. His usually gray fur was stained brown and red from the blood and filth, chunks of the crud flaking off as he moved. "Need to get to safety, need get to springs." Reeker said to himself as his eyes laid upon the view of the ancient ruins the map told him of. With his rage and adrenaline leaving his eyes shifted back to their black color before he slumped against a tree and passed out.
Breaking the perimeter of the hotsprings set off several well placed alarms. In another few minutes, a shadow was cast over the prone from of Reeker. Hesitantly, the owner of the shadow reached out with webbed fingers to touch Reeker's coarse fur. It was matted with dried blood and other signs of muck.

He was alive! Touching him proved this was no hallucination. He was real. He was here. With some calculated maneuvering, Reeker was lifted and transported toward the ruins.

Reeker would awaken in a stone room He was left lying on a pallet of soft furs and covered in several thick blankets, many of them wool and the victim of moths. The room itself was fairly chilly, but the makeshift bed did plenty to counteract that. On the ground next to the bed was a bowl of what looked like fresh fruit and a crudely carved cup filled with water.

His injuries had been seen to and much of the grime in his fur had been cleaned away. A few candles flickered in the room, but the lighting was very dim.

Trash Smoker

The ratling groaned as he was touched, but did nothing aside for that as he was taken away. After some time he began to regain consciousness, the first thing he did was sniffed the air noticing a comforting and familiar smell. Rolling up in the blankets and having a silly grin plastered across his face til he finally opened his eyes. He blinked around, his eyes adjusting to perfect night vision as he noticed the food. Without so much as a second thought he devoured the fruit and downed the cup of water, nearly eating both the bowl and cup in the process. He had been fed through a tube while he was captive, but only enough to keep him from dying. He peered beneath the blankets and noted that his stitchings were all cleaned up and redone as well as most of the filth was off of him. "That smell, the comforting aroma. She is here, somewhere. It has to be her." The ratling said to himself his beady eyes welling up from joy as he had finally found her again.
The door to the room slid open silently. In stepped a very short figure. Her hood was currently down, revealing her scarred and familiar face. She stared at him with her one good eye. "You are finally awake," she stated matter of fact, though underneath the dismissal was a faint touch of relief.

He was alone. Somewhere along the way he'd lost his rat. The wounds, the missing companion. Clearly he'd been through some hard times. In her hands she held a couple carp, skewed and recently cooked by the look of them.

Trash Smoker

Reeker's ears twitched upon hearing the door open, his earring had still been in it's place. Looking right at the door his eyes seemed to grow wide and he started ti fiddle with his tail. Nervousness took him over, beneath his fur his skin started to dark where he was missing fur from his wounds it was obvious that he was flushed. "It uh.... appears I am." The ratling said before he started to lightly laugh, seeming quite awkward. He had been trying to find her for years, but now that he has he couldn't say anything. His heart audibly beat in his chest, thumping loudly as the rate of his breathing picked up. "H-how.... long have you been here?" Reeker asked, he seemed unable to move off the bed as he continued to fiddle with his tail. When he spoke he stuttered at first than blurted out the last rather quickly.
"Three months," she replied, fully entering the room. She'd had long enough to set up a few protective measures and begin to explore. So far she had yet to meet anyone other than mundane creatures. He was the first. Out of everyone to stumble across her safe haven, he was the last she expected.

"Your R's still need work." Though to be fair, with a mouth of a rodent, making the necessary shape with the lips was not easy. "What happened to you?" Her right eye flicked over the still healing injuries and the pathetic shape his body was in. When she'd carried him, she could feel his ribs. He hadn't been eating. Many of the wounds were not recent and hadn't healed properly.

Almost as an afterthought, she tossed one of the cooked fish to Reeker.

Trash Smoker

Reeker scratched softly at some of the stitches behind his ear. Three months, he should have come sooner. But, it isn't like he knew she was here if he did he would have instantly came by. When she mentioned his speech he undid the earring. "Not easy talk right, hard learn." Reeker spoke with his usual broken sentences before putting the earring back on. "I got a magic earring to help with my talking. I still mess up every now and then." The fiddling with the tail continued, it helped to ease his nervousness enough to talk without stuttering. But, when she asked what happened to him his ears drooped along with his shoulders and his head. "Too much, I was forced to flee. I left Squeaker behind in this occult shop, he is safe there. I was captured and tortured, for days or weeks or months. I am not sure. I was cut open, stitched back together. Over and over. They cut out my eyes and re-attached them. All of this without a single thing to numb the pain. I woke up in a hospital bed after I ended up passing out. Used this stand thing as a weapon and escaped. Trudged through the sewers and all the way up that mountain. I needed to hide. No one really knew about the ruins." Reeker told his tale of what happened, dropping his tail when he was tossed the fish. But he lost his appetite from talking about it all, he felt sick as he stared at the fish.
A magic item. Resourceful. That didn't mean he shouldn't continue practicing. "That is why I chose to stay here for a while," she replied, lips turned upward in what could pass for a grin. Though given her scarred state, it looked more like a jagged threat.

So the rat was not dead. That was good. However what the rattling before her was forced to endure brought her blood to boil. "You can stay here, to recuperate," she offered. She had no plans to go after the ones responsible, but if they followed him here, they would be in her territory. Preparations had to be made...

"You are the first to find this place since I have been here, so the chances of others stumbling across it are not too high."

Trash Smoker

Her grin brought a smile to his own muzzle, despite the scars on her she was the most beautiful thing he ever saw. Reeker began to gnaw on the fish a bit, doing his best to try to eat. He nearly choked when she offered for him to stay, once again he turned flush beneath his fur and nearly dropped the fish. "D-do y-you m-mean it?" He asked her, questioning her offer. He wouldn't give her a chance to answer it before he was accepting. "A-after I-I g-get b-better, c-can I-I s-stay w-with y-you?" All his words were stuttered, he was nervous beyond belief. He worried she saw the locket she had left, he worried she opened it. What if the drawing of her in it made her not want him around, fear overtook the ratling causing his tail to twitch wildly. He should tell her about the map, but he didn't want to talk about that right now. He was too focused on staying with her
She bit into her own cooked carp. "Kanoa," she replied after swallowing. "If you are going to stay, you might as well know my name. It's Kanoa." That was the closest he would be getting to a 'yes'. No names. That had been her previous rule. Not knowing his name meant not getting attached. Too bad along the way she'd somehow grown almost... fond of this rattling.

Trash Smoker

Reeker had his mouth wide open about to bite into the fish when she said her name, Kanoa. He took his bite, rapidly swallowing it down so he could speak. "Kanoa...... y-your n-name i-is a-as b-beautiful a-as y-you a-are." He said as he attempted to calm his nerves, she was letting him stay. But was it out of pity or because she wanted him around, he preferred to hope it was the latter. "I don't have a name, they called me Reeker because the cage they locked me in when I did work was under a sewage pipe. I was constantly covered in the stuff, had to sleep in it." He said to her before he rapidly began to devour the hell out of the fish, hoping to keep himself from saying anything silly. He tried not to let it show that he was filled with joy, trying to secretly rub upon the locket as he was forcing himself not to grin as much as he wished to.
Kanoa snorted at the compliment. "It is not a name I was given but one I chose for myself. My birth name was taken from me, so I chose another one." And this one she wouldn't allow to be stolen.

"Careful," she warned, "If you eat too quickly in your state, you might make yourself sick." Reeker would have to take it slow. From the looks of his ribs, he hadn't eaten well in a good long while. Suddenly gorging himself would do more harm than good.

Trash Smoker

Reeker looked over to Kanoa and smiled fully. "H-hey it is a beautiful name none the less. Whether born with it or you chose it." He said before he began to fidget with the locket again, his ears drooped when she warned him about eating too quickly. "I know, I was just so hungry it was hard to resist." The ratling was far more relaxed now, still rubbing the locket. Without so much as another word he reached behind his neck and undid the chain, bringing it fully into view from under his fur. "You left this when you disappeared. I kept it because it reminded me of you." Reeker said without looking at Kanoa, embarrassed by it as he held the locket within his paw.
"I left it on purpose," she revealed, "a gift of sorts. I wasn't sure I would be coming back that night." And by the time she had, Reeker was already gone. She'd assumed he had been killed despite her efforts.

Kanoa could see the tarnished metal from between his fingers. Always so sentimental. He was supposed to sell it if she didn't come back and use the funds to flee. Of course he'd gone and kept it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff