Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“We cannot send the novices, they are our future.”
“Our strongest fighters must be preserved at all costs!”
“We need someone that we can get rid of without too much suspicion…”
“Someone beyond a novice but will never have a bright future.”
“Someone expendable.”
“We need warriors that we can…sacrifice.

Inspirations: Heavily inspired by the world created by the rpg Laxius Power and Laxius Force

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

User Image

Hello my dear reader, I see you've stumbled onto this tale known as Sacrifice. It is not necessarily a happy tale, but it is a story that needs to be told nonetheless. So I welcome you to the world of Edirien, a land filled with magic, danger, and the eternal struggle between good versus evil and the blurring of the lines between the two. The history of Edirien is one that is shrouded in war and terror, but it is also one of hope. The funny thing is that everything is starting to repeat itself once again, but I can only hope that like before, there will be something to intervene and push back the darkness starting to creep onto our lands again.

Chaotic Age (0-700 C.A.)

No one knows what truly happened during this time. There are rumors that an evil took over the land and ran rampant, causing multiple civilizations to clash against each other in war. It is said that people became demons. They lost themselves and surrendered to the darkness inside of them. The Edirien Lands were bathed in blood as absolute chaos and evil broke out. But then it suddenly stopped. The weapons were dropped with startling thunk, the blood lust disappeared, and a broken land finally stopped fighting against itself.

Dark Age (0-500 D.A.)

The age of rebuilding was a trying time for all. Try as they might, skirmishes between the lands still developed. Wars still waged on and off as Kingdoms tried to establish themselves. And then, around 475 D.A., a man stepped up and stopped the fighting. He called himself King Lathier, and with his armies and close friends, established peace throughout Edirien. His soldiers respected him not out of fear, but out of love for his goal of peace. January 10th, 490 D.A., in a legendary battle with the Hadar Kingdom, he brought peace to the continent with the combined forces of his special elite forces. There are myths and rumors that Lathier was unstoppable due to the mystical weapons he and his friends received. But that is but a legend…or so they say.

Golden Era (0-400 G.E.)

A new era was ushered in. Lathier divided his power. He let the current kingdoms continue to run their lands according to the way they want, letting them keep their lines of royalty. The only thing he asked for was a signed peace treaty and acknowledgement that he was the High King of Edirien. His own kingdom, Thayaria, become the center of commerce in the land, boasting the strongest warriors of all classes. Many other kingdoms sent some of their brightest citizens to study at the Capital Adrardolla and felt it was an honor when their people were asked to join the guilds in Thayaria. And so the lands prospered as all the kingdoms worked together to flourish, but then an old evil returned…

February 10th, 430 G.E.

An emergency council was immediately called. The queen’s condition was dire and she seemed on the brink of death. She could not wake, and thrashed about in her bed, seemingly caught in an endless nightmare. No one could understand what was wrong. No one could wake her up. The only lead they had was that she had fallen ill three days after the Kingdom of Hadar had been consumed by an evil shadow.

Present were the guild masters, who were the trusted advisers of the King. The meeting commenced. Opinions were thrown, debate was underway and then it all stopped as the doors to the council suddenly flew open. “Having trouble finding the answer, now are we? Fret not, I come bearing good news,” a chilling voice drawled as shadowy figure walked to the table. Swords and staffs were immediately drawn, ready to strike. The man threw back his cloak to reveal the King of Hadar to everyone’s amazement.

“Cassmir! You’re alive!” King Allan leapt to his feet and was about to reach his friend before a wrinkled hand grabbed his arm and held him in place with rather remarkable strength. The Elder of the Mage guild kept his hold on his king as he spoke, “He’s changed, sire.”

“Adrian! You old fart, still the same meddling fool,” the foreign king sneered as the group around the king tightened.

“What did you do?” King Allan whispered.

“Me? I, as they say, sold my soul to the devil,” the other man said with a vicious smile stepping forward as he was met with an arrow infused with holy magic and a bullet by his feet.

“I won’t miss next time,” a cold feminine voice sounded from the head of the Hunter Guild, “State your business.”

“Before we make you,” a brisk toughened voice of a sea hardened pirate followed.

The rest of the Elders stood tall, ready to fight.

“Such hostility,” the fallen king all but teased as he finally stepped into the light. A collective gasp went around the room as everyone finally saw his eyes. They seemed to be full of flames and consumed with nothing but boredom, hatred, and evil. For a second there, his face seemed to twist from a human to a skull, revealing a demon in their midst before changing back so quickly, they might have imagined it all.

“As I said, I come bearing good news, I can cure your queen, because she is ill due to my little plague,” he said as he started pacing back and forth.

“How dare you!” King Allan roared drawing his own sword.

The demon king held one finger up and smiled delightfully like a little boy about to get a neat toy. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, because I,” and he produced a vial of clear liquid from his cloak, “have the antidote. And we wouldn’t want me to just…drop it, would we?” He dangled the vial in front of the council effectively shutting them up.

“Now, where was I before I was…rudely interrupted?” he said with glee, “Ah yes, she’s affected by my plague. Which means she will, oh she won’t die. Is that what you’re all worrying about?” He laughed at the council and the sound filled them all with disgust.

“No, how uninventive. No, she won’t die. But she will become my demon queen if not cured, this is an old plague, you see, back in the Chaotic Ages. Oh yes, it’s quite a nasty one. But because I am feeling generous, I will give you the antidote, on just this one condition,” he declared in a fake generous voice.

“What do you want Cassmir? Gold? Jewels? I’ll give it to you! Just stop this madness!” King Allan tried to plead with the monster in front of him.

“Keep your worthless money,” King Cassmir sneered, “I have no use for it. What I want is a challenge. My power makes the world boring, you see. So I want you to send me six of your most...interesting warriors to fight. Not your best, maybe a few of your intermediates?" There was a puzzled murmur around the chambers "I shall give you a chance to shape them up into your finest warriors. Parade them around your lands in a show of unity of the guilds, I'll let you decide how to handle it. And once they reach a certain area...I'll be there to greet them. Or a few of my minions at the very least. We’ll see. If they can give me an amusing challenge, I shall leave your kingdom alone while I conquer the rest of the lands. I’ll give you a chance to try to stop me at least,” he said sinisterly. But at the moment his eyes landed on King Allan, and they almost seemed human again, pleading almost, and the other King understood immediately. But the moment passed and the demon grinned again.

“So, will you play my little game oh high and mighty Kingdom of Thayaria?” he asked.

“Why are you doing thing Cassmir?” King Allan asked in a weary tone.

“Why do evil dictators always need a reason?” the demon exclaimed in a mock angry voice, “Fine, it’s because I want the world…dear brother.”

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

After four hundred years of peace the Golden Era is threatened. As of late, strange things have been occurring. There have been rumors that old Chaotic Age demons have been emerging from the depths of the land. More monster cases have been sent to the guilds, and there an increase in guild members from all the kingdoms. Many more kingdoms are sending their best and brightest to Thayaria in hopes of getting strong warriors back for their protection. Missions to distant kingdoms have also increased but the most disturbing rumor of all is that some villages have had instances of humans turning into demons, something that has long not been heard of. And then it happened, a Kingdom fell to darkness. The Kingdom of Hadar, in a matter of days, had become overrun by savage demons. All guild warriors stationed there had been killed, and the few survivors that made it back to Thayaria to tell the tale were terrified of what had happened, and it was rumored that the King, King Cassmir was dead.

Suddenly the Queen of Thayaria fell ill and a council was called in secret where an uninvited guest made an appearance. After the threats by now proven to be alive King Cassmir, another emergency council with all the other kingdoms was called and a plan was made. They would send six of their intermediate warriors that were deemed defective in some way to the guilds to be sacrificed to the demon king. In secret, they would send another group of some of their finest warriors in search of the weapons that King Lathier used back in the Dark Ages, in hopes of being able to defeat the King of Hadar’s forces.

And thus, our story begins. We are the warriors that were meant to be sacrificed, deemed useless to our respective guilds. And yet it is a journey that will change all of us, for not everything goes to plan, and even a band of failures can be turned into heroes…

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

User Image

User Image

The Edirien Continent is vast, with many different landscapes and climates (Click on the picture on the left to see the full map). The religion in Edirien is greatly diverse, however, all Kingdoms acknowledge three main gods: Terra, the Goddess of the Earth; Magdalene, Goddess of Life; and Hades, God of the Dead. From there, all kingdoms have their own minor gods or goddess that they believe influence different areas of their lives. Or some do not believe in the Gods at all.

Over the course of time, technology has advanced. Rich houses are lit with electricity, while peasants still use fire and gas lamps. Transportation has much improved with the invention of the airships, though those are still being tinkered with and experimented on to improve them. Sea ships are still used and are in abundance. Only the pirates really use these creations known as firearms, because the other professions tend to look down on such innovation, sticking to the tradition of magic and swords.

Of course this world has their own legends, such as King Lathier, but some other myths and works of fiction might include the Tale of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. There are many medieval myths and stories and are popular in Edirien, and perhaps in other worlds as well...

Thayaria: Our story begins in the Kingdom of Thayaria, a large island that has a few mountains and a small forest. The capitol of Thayaria is Adrardolla, a large bustling city. There are a few minor villages and cities nearby, but most of the population tries their luck in the city to make better money. You can find everything in Adrardolla, spell scrolls, weapons, armor, exotic foods, and more. The libraries there are legendary, said to contain every piece of information about history, magic, technology, or fighting techniques you will ever meet. Many travelers from other kingdoms visit these libraries. The Port has both air ships and sea ships, but beware, a good portion of those ships belong to Pirates, which have a unique relationship with the Thayaria Kingdom. The headquarters of all the guilds for all warriors are in Thayaria, as are the living quarters for beginning and intermediate fighters. Once fighters have achieved their highest rank possible in the guild, they may either say in the high kingdom or go back to their respective kingdoms to defend their countries with their new skills. Any missions come to Thayaria first and are then distributed to the candidates needed to solve the problem. Though Thayaria is actually a small kingdom compared to the rest, the others still hold it in high respect as the high Kingdom, and will obey the orders of the high King there.

Island of Exiles: A prison system for those that are a bit unsavory to the Kingdom of Thayaria. Caution, not all the races on this island are human, some are rather…savage.

Isles of Sanctity: A place where those who vow to become priestesses or priests, but not warriors, go. It’s a place of isolation, perfect for self reflection and prayer.

Eden Point and Colbalt Range: Eden Point and Sacien are considered a pilgrimage site for many Life Bringers and Holy Crusaders and even priests and priestesses. It is there that these classes learn some of their more advance holy spells, but Necromancers beware, they are not welcomed in the “holy” buildings. Many of the nobles of the lands like to settle in Eden Point due to the location and just grandeur of the city. The Colbalt Range is home to a tribe of dwarves that often trade with Sacien, and their ores and precious metals are often exported to the rest of the continent. The Church of Magdalene is in this city.

Vewia, Thalta Lake, Mirror Lake, and Eterna Forest: Vewia prides itself on providing the freshest fruits and vegetables in all the lands. Blessed with fertile fields, the Kingdom has a population of hard working farmers and also excels in fishing. Mirror Lake, as legend tells it, can show a person true self in its reflection. Eterna Forest houses a community of elves famous for their elven armors and weapons, and for their potions and restorative items. As of late though, there have been rumors that a new lake serpent has decided to reside in Thalta Lake…

Relic Mountains, Relic Desert, and Dragon Graveyard: The Relic Mountains are well known for their vast amounts of ores, but not just ordinary ores, precious ones. Ones that conduct magic well. Both man and dwarves that dwell in these mountains are tough and cut throat merchants who know their products well and sell at some of the highest prices in the lands, but their items are well worth it. The Relic Desert is a place of mystery. It is the harshest desert in Edirien, to the point where there is no known civilization there. They say that legends of old hide in the sand, but many cannot last there. It is also known as the dying place of the Dragons, and a popular spot pilgrimage spot for Necromancers to gain stronger summons.

Miraelath Mountains and Aerrand Woods: The mountains and woods here are untouched by cities but boasts the largest population of elves and dwarves in the entire kingdom. There are a few human towns and villages scattered around this area as well, but not too many. WarMages often make a trip to this region to hone their powers because of the peace it offers and the elven communities here are often more than willing to help such warriors train and even offer advice. It is also rumored that it is in the Miraelath Mountains that dragons are hatched along with other mythical creatures. Paladins and Crusaders who are brave enough venture into these mountains in order to try and make one of these fearsome creatures their steeds and partners in battle.

Lelith and Deranged Plateaus: Considered the technology Kingdom of Edirien, Lelith and its capital Wuhar is often the home town of many pirates. They were the first to invent the airships to help their restless citizens travel the lands faster, and though the airships are still a work in progress, they’ve gotten quite a few to work already. Houses are lit with electricity, and many new and interesting devices are constantly being developed there. Despite being a Kingdom of Pirates, people that some other citizens turn their nose against, Lelith is surprisingly the most loyal to the high Kingdom of Thayaria because they have an agreement with Thayaria: For their technology, loyalty, and high export rates, they can usually slip under the law if they were to…say pirate another Kingdom’s unsuspecting ship. An unfortunate accident has happened as of late, storms have destroyed Wuhar’s ports, which are now all in repair. The Deranged Plateaus have bizarre shapes for their rocks and it is said that unless a traveler knows the exact route for traveling across this land, they’ll go in circles until they go insane.

Goldur Kingdom and Tellur Desert: As a Kingdom that not only survives but thrives in the desert, Goldur is a place of hardened citizens and traveling nomads. The capital Nevas has unique potions and heat proof armor and weapons. Their potions, especially, can cure many unknown poisons, because even though they live in the desert, the citizens know where some of the rarer herbs and plants are. Goldur is looked down on by some of the other Kingdoms because they seem primitive. The people there wear simple clothing, nothing flashy, to cover up from the sun, but should you ever insult anyone from there, you’ll probably find yourself being punched in the face, as those from Goldur are fiercely proud of their heritage. Many Body Masters come to this region to hone their resistance to the elements to increase their endurance in battle. As of late, however, the villages and small cities in Goldur have been under attack by monsters and demons. And it is rumored that some people seem to be getting sick nowadays, unable to wake up, but upon their wake, entire villages and towns seem to be utterly destroyed.

Distortion Island: A strange island that is incredibly hard to navigate much like the Deranged Plateaus. However, there is no known route to ensure safe passage cross the island. Time is distorted there, sometimes going fast, sometimes going slower than the rest of the world depending on which part you’re on. There are no known life forms on that island because anyone that has set foot there has become lost, or have yet to return.

Hadar Kingdom: Hadar is said to be Thayaria’s twin kingdom, and the last kingdom that King Lathier defeated before he brought about peace to the land. The kingdom of Hadar has always tried to rise to a position where it is respected just as much as Thayaria, but always seems to fall short. Its economy is less, as is its trading expeditions and out of pride, Hadar refuses to send any of their potential fighters to Thayaria, maintaining that their training system was better, even when that was not the truth. However, when King Cassmir came into power, he was said to be a kind and wise king and tried to overturn some of these grudges against Thayaria. After a few years however, King Cassmir grew sick, violently and horribly sick. And with his illness, the Kingdom began to crumple. Demons seemed to come out of the sky and earth and cities and villages were raided. The capital, Darburg, held out until the last second, when King Cassmir awoke. Then everything complete fell, and any recent warriors that had just come from Thayaria freshly trained, were immediately killed. Hadar seems to be gathering an army right now on that island, and no Kingdom truly wants to see the horrors currently on that island.

User Image

Elves: Elves are creatures that like to stay out of the lives of humans for the most part. They have an affinity for magic, and are master potion makers and excellent craftsmen. While they will help humans in need or do business transactions with them, they prefer to stick to their own traditions in the numerous forests away from the cities. However, there occasionally elves that like the lifestyles of humans and move to the cities to offer their own talents in those in need of them, but those elves are rare and quite hard to find for they often disguise themselves as humans.

Drows: Elves that have fallen to dark magic. These races often hide in the bowels of caves, often waging wars with dwarves over various territories. They specialize in shadow and fire magic, but their other elemental powers are still a force to be reckoned with.

Nusquam: A term for those who are half elven. These races often find themselves shunned and ousted by both cultures and unable to find a place to call theirs. Many try to live out has humans, often covering their ears, which are pointer than a human's but not nearly as defined as a full blooded elf.

Werewolves: Those who are unlucky enough to receive this curse are immediately banished to the island of exiles in order to protect those around them. Whether this treatment is unfair or not is still up in the air, but this form of banishment is still in effect now.

Dwarves : These creatures reside in the mountains and are the best blacksmiths in all of Edirien. They know where the best ores are in their respective regions, and are generally greedy. They charge high prices for their weapons and armors because of their quality and the better the weapon, the higher the price.

Humans: The majority of Edirien. Humans are intelligent, good hearted, corrupted, generous, and greedy. They are a puzzle to many of the other mythical rices.

Fairies: It is said that only the elves know where fairies reside but these powerful magical creatures are said to be pranksters to unsuspecting humans in the woods. Once you get past that aspect, however, fairies are kind creatures and generous in providing help to those in need. Fairy products are often highly priced and only sold by the elves.
                                            Half-elves: On the rare occasion that an elf and human will fall in love, half elves are the result. They either live with elves, disguise themselves as full humans, or wander the world as merchants or just quirky travelers.

Note: Our characters will be humans unless you can convince me that you have a good excuse for being elven, or half-elven. I'll even accept dwarves if you wish, but no fairies, dwarves, or werewolves in our party. (Now if you can get exceptionally creative I might accept a werewolf but it had better be a damn good profile.)

User Image

Dragons: Fierce and dangerous creatures. Dragons are often used by dwarves to guard their treasures but can also roam the mount ranges freely. What a dragon treasures most is courage, so in order to get past them, one must not be afraid. It is also rare that a dragon will agree to work with a human in their times of need, but if a paladin or crusader proves his or her worth, these creatures are willing to make exceptions.

Phoenixes: These beautiful firebirds are said to reside in the mountains with dragons, but are even rarer to see. It is said that phoenixes will guide lost travelers if their heart is pure, and if one is on the brink of death, a phoenix can fully restore that person with a single teardrop.

Unicorns: Said to only appear to those lost in the woods with an incredible amount of innocence and purity. They are often the steeds of elves and it is said that their horn holds many magical properties.

Sea Serpents: These beasts reside on the bottoms of lakes or oceans and often come up purely to terrify those in the area or to be able to feast upon fresh meat.

Demons: These dark creatures come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Some can take human form. None are very friendly and not much is known about them aside from their bloodlust and evil intents. Recently, it is rumored that some humans are starting to turn into these horrid beasts…

Imps: Viscous little miniature demons. They come in a variety of powers, shapes, and sizes. Among them, shadow imps are the hardest to fight off, not because of their offensive powers, but due to their regenerative abilities.

Undeads: A variety of undeads are in Edirien, often residing in cemeteries or bogs and swamps. Only a necromancer may communicate with them, and if they are powerful enough, command them to his or her bidding.

Ghouls: The corpse of a human that has been reanimated and mutilated with dark magic. Though the magic used to summon them is similar to that of necromancy, it has a more sinister touch to it for ghouls cannot be controlled by anyone. They are consumed by a never ending hunger and only be destroyed with magic as they are highly resistant to physical blows.

Much more to be added...

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

In Edirien there are six classes of warriors, Mage, Necromancer, Knight, Body Master, Pirate, and Hunter. Edirien has developed a guild system to organize the talent in the lands, though some of these professors don’t completely follow the standardized system, such as the Pirates for example. The normal pathway for a warrior is to be inducted into a guild as a novice. They can join a guild by choice, guilds have been known to take in stray children with potential as well, or because they needed to learn to control any innate power they have or they’d be a danger to themselves and others. Whatever the method, fighters first enter as novices in all the professions. From there, they learn the basic skills of their classes, fight techniques, basic spell casting..etc.

After advancing from a novice, which usually involves a test of sorts to make sure they won’t get themselves killed at the next level, the fighters move onto their intermediate ranks. These are the ranks of our characters. It is during this time that the fighters are trained further in spells and techniques, but this is also when the guilds begin to notice their potential. Are they more gifted in healing spells or offensive spells? Do they lean towards holy magic or other magic? Whatever talents the intermediates display determines the course of their teachings. And after more intermediate skills are taught, the fighters are assigned to a mentor, a teacher that they take after. This mentor will take them out on his or her missions and teach them advance spells meant for their highest class. And when he or she thinks they are ready, they send them off on a final trial with other fighters to gain their highest rank.

Upon gaining their highest rank, there is still more to learn. Some fighters go on pilgrimages to learn their most advance spells or to hone their skills. Others gain experience by going on more missions or assignments from their guilds. Many go back to their homelands to help defend it against any threats and maybe to brag about their skills. But at some point, with enough experience, these fighters will also take on a trainee like their mentors did for them.

User Image

User Image

Mage

Classes: Novice, Magician, Life Cleric or War Mage

“The power to heal an ally from the brink of death and the power to unleash the natural forces of this world upon your foe makes a mage something to be feared on the battle field. The key to that power? Control, complete and utter control of yourself and your powers. Without that, you are nothing. With it, you can do anything.”-Millan Ashton, First Mage Elder

Mages are powerful and feared throughout Edirien. As a novice, these magic users learn how to harness their magical abilities and cast basic spells such as a spark of fire, making water move to their liking. The small easy stuff. As a novice becomes a magician, they start learning basic elemental and healing spells. Depending on which spells they perform better on, the guild splits them up into two different paths, those that will become War Mages and those that will become Life Bringers.

War Mages learn even more advance elemental spells. Often, War Mages have one or two elements that they master and are exceptional at. Then you have a few War Mages that seem to have affinities for all the elements, but those are rare. As a War Mage, elemental attacks are cast upon the foes with devastating results. Winds can cut skin and bone, water can drown an army, fire and earthquakes can make sure that not even an opponent’s ashes remain. War Mages are also granted the ability to transform their normal standard staffs into weapons, such as swords, spears, or glaives. They are taught hand to hand combat, not vigorously, for their focus remains in spells, but enough to be able to hold off an opponent to get distance between them and the mage, or to hold out long enough for comrades to come to their aid if they are surrounded. But for all their magic, Mages are very frail, often relying on more resistant members to take the blunt of the attack. And should you neutralize a War Mage’s magic, they will have nothing else to rely on.

Armor: Robes
Weapons: Staffs, Glaives, Spears, Swords.

Life Clerics are the white mages of the warriors. It is said that they draw their power from Magdalene herself and while they lack the sheer offensive powers of a War Mage, they are not a force to be trifled with. For one, Life Clerics are more durable than their offensive counterparts. These mages learn how to heal themselves and their party members. They specialize in defensive spells, casting shields and increasing their allies’ abilities while hindering their enemies strength. Advance Life Clerics are devastating against any undead opponents or against demonic entities. Their offensive spells are mainly invested in their intermediate elemental magic that they had as a magician and in their advanced white magic spells. The strongest Life Clerics can bring an entire army back from the brink of death with their multiple healing spells, but as always, magic comes at a price. The more they heal others, they more drained they become. Like War Mages, if their magic has been neutralized, they will have nothing to defend themselves. They are heavily reliant on their staffs, since they are not taught the hand to hand combat techniques their counter parts are.

Armors: Robes
Weapons: Staffs

User Image

Necromancer

Classes: Novice , Death’s Messenger, Assassin or Poison Specialist

“We are not masters of death, and we never will be. Instead, we are death’s messengers, able to bend it, twist it, and use it to our advantage. A necromancer that thinks he can completely control death is a fool, but one that works alongside death will unlock power many can only dream of.”-Vincent Mindor, First Necromancer Elder

King Lathier made a wise decision in reaching out to the shunned Necromancers earning their respect when he was not disgusted by their kind of magic but respected them as he stood in awe of their deadly skills. Contrary to belief, necromancers respect the dead far more than anybody. They respect the souls of the departed, but to them, the body, the corpse, is fair game. It’s dead, after all, why not make it useful? All necromancers are born with what they call “the sight”, the ability to see and hear the departed. As soon as that ability is discovered, the guild takes those people, whether they like it or not, because to leave them be would be to abandon them to a life of insanity.

Unlike the other professions, a Necromancer’s class system works differently. At the novice stage, Necromancers are simply taught how to communicate with the dead, to get used to them being around the living. They are also taught how to distinguish an undead from normal living things. But once they become Death’s Messengers, they remain that class for their rest of their careers. Death’s Messengers learn how to raise the living dead, in other words, corpses. The beginners start out with summon a single skeleton and that number increases as they gain more and more experience. In addition to summoning the corpses in the ground to their bidding, Necromancers specialize in hexing magic. They can curse their foes, drain their strength, and inflict many unpleasant conditions on them.

At the peak of their power, Death’s Messengers can summon an army of corpses in battle, because let’s face it, there are always corpses in the ground. In addition to that, as battles go on, the more foes that fall, the more powerful they become, for Necromancers can take control of a body as soon as the soul departs from it. The strongest Necromancers are able to make pacts with powerful undead creatures, for example, an undead dragon or a powerful undead warrior. To do that, a Necromancer offers his blood in the ritual with a promise that in return for the body of the undead dragon or warrior, the Necromancer will fulfill a wish that the creature could not fulfill while they were alive. Once the ritual is complete, the body turns to dust, which the Necromancer collects in a vial or jar, and any time they need to summon that creature, they empty out the dust, add in a drop of their blood, and a powerful new ally joins them in battle.

The classes of Assassin and Poison Masters are but sub-specialties to a Necromancer to enhance their power. Necromancers that choose to have the subclass of Assassin are taught stealth techniques, and how to kill someone or something silently and effectively. Necromancers become poison specialists add a variety of poison spells to their already deadly arsenal. They become very knowledgeable in how to kill someone or something with poison and as a consequence, the antidotes to all the poisons that they know of.

Armor: Robes, though usually darker than those of a Mage’s.
Weapons: Knives and staffs

User Image

Knight

Classes: Novice, Swordsman, Magical Paladin or Holy Crusader

“A knight is only as strong as his heart and courage. We are the leaders of a battle, charging right alongside our comrades. We do not yield, we do not bend, and we do not surrender. Only our foes will taste the steel of our swords for there is no honor in fighting the weak. It is the weak that we strive to defend.”-Yasmir Montclair, First Knight Elder

The knight is often thought of as the ultimate hero of all the professions. Knights are brave and often charge into battle at the forefront. Often they are the warriors that take the role of leadership in a party or a battle as their spirit and courage serve as an example and inspiration for the other warriors to continue fighting. Knights use swords first and foremost, but they can also have secondary weapons such as axes, spears, and lances. As a novice, knights learn basic sword play with wooden swords. Upon their advancement as a Swordsmen, knights learn more advance techniques and work with different weapons as well. Those that become knights also wield magic, though it is different from that of a mage’s. Knights channel their magic directly into their weapons, and they view magic as a mere enhancement to their skills.

Knights that have an affinity for elemental powers become Magical Paladins, which then become incredibly powerful with a sword in their hands. Magical Paladins often charge their weapons with their element of choice and slice into the enemy. They are fast, quick, and make mincemeat out of fleshy foes. Their swords and weapons are often made with special ores or weapons to be able to withstand the rawness of their magic. They can take far more hits than a mage with their armor on and should their magic be disabled, they can still fight back and make their enemies hurt.

Those that become Holy Crusaders are also known throughout the lands as demon hunters or slayers. These warriors charge their weapons with holy spells, and do enormous damage to demonic foes. Their holy powers surpass that of a Life Bringers when it comes to damage, but Crusaders cannot heal the party like its mage counterpart can. However, like the Magical Paladin, their higher durability allows them to be at the front of the action instead of the back. And even without their magical abilities, as long as a Crusader has a weapon, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Both Paladins and Crusaders receive steeds upon their rank advancement. The horses they receive are of the highest quality and can often help them in battles with many enemies. However, the strongest of the knights often make a trip to the Miralaeth mountains to try their luck in persuading a dragon to become their steed in battle. The task is not easy by any means, in order to even come close to accomplishing this, they must find dragons, which are said to appear only before the bravest of knights.

User Image

Pirate

Classes: Novice, Brawler, Gun Master or Cut-throat Blade

“The other professions look down on us because they feel we have no honor. I say to hell with honor when victory is on the line! We pirates have our own moral codes and will be loyal to those that accept that. We are inventors, innovators, and above all, if we have to cheat, lie, and steal to protect our comrades, we will. Take no prisoners.”-Lance Baldwin, First Pirate Elder

Ah Pirates, the people that others look at with scorn and disgust. Regarded as the rogues of the land, Pirates are not thought of as friendly in any kingdom save for Lelith where they originated and Thayaria. Like with the Necromancers, King Lathier won the respect of the pirates when he bested their king in a sword and gun fight and then proceeded to do some underhanded dealing with them. And thus the trading partnership between Lelith and Thayaria was started. Lelith would provide Thayaria with ships, new technology, and their pirate warriors to come to Thayaria’s time of need in exchange for tolerance with the law. Lelith often pirates the ships and exports of other kingdoms to take resources for themselves and Thayaria has been letting them get away with it as long as they don’t dramatically impact the economy of one kingdom. In return, the trading laws for Lelith are very lax, and their ships and pirates more or less control the sea and with air ships, the skies as well.

Pirates only undergo the guild system a means of formality. Those who become pirates are thrown onto a crew and assigned grunt work while learning both sword techniques and gun fighting techniques. There are no formal headquarters; pirates live on their ships as they venture across the lands. Their system is simple, unlike the other classes. Work your a** off, follow orders, do your training well, and if you can land a few good swings in on several crew members you’ll be known as a Brawler and continue training. If you’re better with a sword you’ll be a Cut Throat Blade and if you’re better with a gun, you’re a Gun Slinger. Pirates still use both weapons but in addition to that, they are the most innovative of all the classes and most versatile in weapons. They can pretty much use any weapon to a proficient level, perhaps not become experts on them, but well enough if they are without a gun or sword.

In addition to guns and swords, Pirates invent their own weapons. Their fighting technique might be considered dishonorable by the other professions, but as long as they win, they don’t give a damn. They will invent smoke bombs, a huge variety of guns and bullets, and any other crafty tool that will give them the edge in battle. They are on par with a knight in terms of sword fighting, but when you minus a strict code of honor, they often have the edge over hand to hand combat warriors. Their time on air ships and sea ships has also made them tough and able to take many blows.

Pirates aren’t really given mentors unlike the other classes. Their crew mentors and family and that is the place they return to should they have a mission with the other professions. Though fairly crude, cut throat, blunt, and innovative, the pirates do have a strong loyalty to Thayaria, and should the kingdom need help, on the sea or air, there is no greater ally than the Pirates of Lelith.

Armor: Light armor or heavy armor, depends on the enemy and foe.
Weapons: Guns, swords, creative weapons

User Image

Body Master

Classes: Novice, Martial Arts Expert, Void Inducer or Berserker

“Do not think magic is might. We were built to destroy any magical advantage our foes have. With our high resistance against any kind of attack and ability to make magic obsolete, you had better be able to defend yourselves against our fists without the use of your little swords and staffs. We have no true need of weapons, because our deadliest one is our body.”-Evelyn Amaster, First Body Master Elder

Body Masters are grounded in the belief that magic is simply a gimmick that mages and necromancers hide under, and is something that should never be solely relied on. Those who become body masters are innately resistant to magic. Any magic attack barely does anything to them. As novices, the guild starts building up their endurance by having them undergo harsh conditions. Think stepping on coals, standing under a waterfall, those types of ordeals. They are also taught basic hand to hand combat with no weapons. Upon advancement to a Martial Arts Specialist, Body Masters are taught more advanced techniques to take down an opponent with their bare hands.

If a Body Master has complete resistance to magic they are to become Void Inducers. Void Inducers are specialized warriors that are completely immune to any magical attack. In addition to that, they are taught to hone this special ability and spread this “void” zone around the battle field to neutralize any magical attacks from an incoming foe. They have to be careful to exclude mages and necromancers from their sphere of influence, however. Once the magic has been neutralized, Void Inducers specialize in fast and furious fighting techniques. They are the fastest hand to hand combat specialist out of all the classes, and Void Inducers aim to kill with as little force as possible, so they can move from enemy to enemy.

If a Body Master has high resistance to magic, but not total resistance, they become Berserkers. Unlike Void Inducers, Berserkers are not the fastest of all warriors. In fact, they are rather slow with their heavy armor on, but don’t be fooled, once they get angry, all hell breaks loose around them. Berserkers trade in speed for sheer power. All of their fighting techniques revolve around one thing, pounding the enemy to the ground. Once they get going, nothing seems to stop them. Not magic, not swords, not weapons. They have very high endurance, the highest out of all the professions, and extremely high attack. The problem is that once their battle lust really gets going, they might become lost in it, and be unable to tell friends from foe.

Armor: Light to heavy armor
Weapons: Their fists and kicks, and knuckles for Berserkers.

User Image

Hunter

Classes: Novice, Archer, Sniper or Bounty Hunter

“We are the eyes of battle, detecting weaknesses, breaks in the defense, and we exploit it with the tips of our arrows. We can wield magic like the mages, but we recognize that there are those with a sharp eye that can be just as deadly without. We can fall multiple enemies faster than any other fighter, and the finishers of a fierce battle are often us with one powerful last shot.”-Kalid Mata, First Hunter Elder

The Hunters are an invaluable part of any party or army. Those with a good eye can join in the guild to be able to defeat enemies from afar. In addition to that, Hunters are often the scouts of the party, letting the other members know when a foe is approaching. In battle, hunters, with their sharp eyes, can detect and analyze a foe faster than any other profession. They can almost immediately see weaknesses or breaks in a defense making them essential in a team. Hunters do not care if they have magic or not, because while having magic is useful, there have been many that have achieved greatness without it. Novices are taught how to use a basic bow and arrow. In addition to that, they practice their aim with darts and even throwing knives. Once their aim is steady they advance to the class of an Archer. It is here that they learn to use both a bow and crossbow. They are drilled in these types of far range weapons so that they can draw their weapons at lightning speed. Should they possess magic, archers learn how to charge their arrows with their powers to make them even more deadly. They can be just as versatile as mages and paladins when it comes to elemental magic, but they can also use holy magic at the same time with their arrows. They have the fastest weapon draw, even pirates and their guns cannot beat a hunter’s speed.

Should an Archer be able to draw his or her weapon incredibly fast, they are encouraged to become Bounty Hunters. Bounty Hunters roam the lands of Edirien, knowing the terrain and the creatures in it and are the land's best trackers. They are usually the first warriors called upon to get rid of pests, such as a horde of demonic spiders or other small monster hordes. With their quick draw and often automatic crossbow, they can drop enemies like flies from a distance. Combine that with elemental magic and you have a formidable opponent that might just end your life before you can even launch a counterattack.

Snipers are Archers who develop their eyesight a level further. Unlike their Bounty Hunter counterparts, Snipers often only cause one opponent to fall at a time. But that is because their true strength lies in being the final striker in a team. A Sniper’s eye allows him or her to be able to detect the weak points of an enemy and to be able to alert their team members to this weakness. Once the monster is weakened, the Snipe finishes it off with a well aimed arrow. Some Snipers with magic charge their arrows to ensure that their prey has completely fallen.

Armors: Light armor
Weapons: Crossbows, throwing knives, regular bow and arrow.

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

The Main Quest: We have all received our summons from our respective mentors. It was an unusual request from the guilds. With talks of war on the horizon, the guilds have decided to select some of their members and band them together in a show of unity. We were told we'd be traveling with representatives from all the guilds and we were to make a pilgrimage around the Lands of Edirien doing a certain number of quests at each Kingdom. Our reward? Our promotions, which came as a surprise to all of us. Tonight we gather in the Halls of the Palace to have a ceremonial feast before we will be sent off the next morning on our own airship to Eden Point where our trek shall begin...

Upon arrival of Eden Point, Sir Ezkiel Lecar approached the group with the current main quest. They are to find the Chernobog Cult, and search for the women that have been kidnapped. From female life clerics to pious women, more and more have been disappearing in Sacien and around Eden Point. What purpose the cult wants them for is unknown.

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

1. Follow Gaia's TOS, this should go without saying.

2. There is no maximum or minimum, but this is an advance literate roleplay and I am looking for quality writing. Take that as you will.

3. Be polite and respectable. If you have a problem with anyone, PM Scriptwriter Mika and do not cause drama on the thread. If you step out of line, I will give out a warning, after that, I will send Kikiro to deal with you, and you do not want that. And please don’t piss Kiki off.

4. Follow directions for reserves and profiles. I reserve the right to deny anyone the role if you don’t meet my standards. To find the code/reserves for the thread click on the PT part of the skull on top.

5. Post at least once a week. I have a life as well. I have classes, I have midterms and finals. If you cannot make this commitment during a certain time you need to let me know ASAP. I’m actually pretty understanding and we’ll make it work, but please don’t disappear on me.

6. Our characters start off as intermediate warriors with serious flaws, but I’m hoping we’re going to build them up. That being said, do not become invincible. If I catch Mary Sue walking around...it won't be pretty

7. Use anime pictures and at most size 11 font.

8. I honestly don’t care if you decorate your posts a lot or little. You can keep it simple with a picture and name at most or you can make it elaborate. I care more about your writing.

9. Read everything.

10. If I see instant romance I will murder your characters. I’m perfectly happy with developed romance.

11. While I created the world of Edirien in my head, I still don’t know everything about it. I’m hoping as we progress that you’ll help me further build this world. Don’t be afraid to suggest side quests, add in plot twists, and of course, you’ll be creating a crap load of NPCs to move the story along, and feel free to make up villages and cities along the way along with different cultures for different regions. I may exercise my power as creator once in a while to push the plot along, but please push it with me along the way!

12. All sexual orientations welcomed.

13. Have fun, post in the OOC, get to know each other a bit. We’re going to be a small group that’s going to be collaborating on a story together. =D

GM: Scriptwriter Mika
Mod: Kikiro16

Fanatical Bibliophile

Announcements and Updates

Fanatical Bibliophile

Roles that have been Reserved/Taken

Mage-Reserved
Pirate-Reserved
Hunter-Reserved
Necromancer-Reserved
Knight-Reserved
Body Master -Reserved

Extra-Reserved
Extra-Reserved

Fanatical Bibliophile

Fanatical Bibliophile

The Landmarks

Kingdom of Eden Point

By Constant Temptation

There are a couple things widely known about the Kingdom of Eden Point. One: it's beauty and two: the holy light about the city of Sacien. The east, south, and west side of the kingdom aren't very wide, for the land meets the ocean in just a short distance; seen from either mountain tops to the north or from tall buildings in the city. To the north rests the main road that takes one up passed Colbalt range. Mountain peaks and patches of forestry can be seen along the way.

At the very edge of the land resides the holy city of Sacien. Starting at the copper gates the path changes from dirty to a tanned brown cobblestone. The gates themselves whimsical designs of heavens symbols that keep any form -great- of evil from passing through, even when they are opened.

The city itself is full of churches, homes, a market, and a few other building types, but it's main focus right in the center of the city is the church of Magdalene. Homes are built towards the south of the church while everything else to the north- making it easy for trade to make its way through the gates and leave as quickly as possible.

Not everyone is able to live in the city of Sacien. Many with dark hearts of tainted blood cannot even get through the gates while others of evil nature don't even bother trying to live there despite being able to come through. It is mostly the brave and/or the rich that populate the city of Sacien, living in pristine homes that are always decorated with the highest tastes. And if one didn't have money, it was because they chose the idealistic holy way of life to live in Sacien.

Churches of all sorts linger in the city, usually acting as homes for those who are learning to be priests and priestess'. These buildings are never locked so that one may find protection within their walls or wish to speak prayers to the gods they so choose to believe in.

The largest, oldest, most holy and beautiful building in the city is the church of Magdalene. It is said the city was structured around it, able to be seen from miles away. The very top of the church is a bell tower with a single 6' golden bell. The same whimsical design on the gates is also around the bell, but the people believe that when it is rung, all evil is casted away from the city. While no one knows if such a thing is true, someone still rings the bell every morning at dawn rain or shine.

Old lightly tanned bricks still stand strong for the church, as cracked coblestone steps linger at the front of the double doors. Every window is stained glass, painted with the story of the holy crusaders and life bringers who built the church. It was also a symbol that all holy crusaders and life bringers were welcomed inside to train- no matter the history, wealth, or race of the person so long as their hearts were true.

While part of the church still acts as just that, the rest of it is dedicated to training and any messages of importance about demons and attackers get delivered to the lead holy crusader of the church.

Kingdom of Vewia

By Mika and SM

The Kingdom of Vewia is known for its natural beauty. Everyone knows that it thrives on two things, farming and fishing. Some of the best seafood can be taken from the coast but its freshwater fish in the lakes nearby are what Vewia is best known for. Its people are generally festive, always in the mood for a good party and need to celebrate multiple seasons.

Each season is celebrated by a beginning and ending festival to bless the fields and ocean. However, the most spectacular festival occurs to mark the first day of Spring, also known as the Day of New Beginnings. This is the day that those entering into adulthood are allowed to look into the waters of Mirror Lake and remove the masks they are required to wear for exactly one year. Additionally, this is the day that those entering into the last year of their youth obtain their masks. The new adults gift their old masks to a youth of their choosing, and the gifter will then remove it when their time comes.

In addition to these celebrations, there is a slightly darker side to Vewia. Though it is not voiced, farmers are generally poor, ironic since they help support the economy. They have a decent relationship with the merchants in the area, but usually end up making less off of their own produce than those that sell their fares in the markets at times. This is mainly due to the taxes imposed on them by King Andrion, a man defined by his greed. Under his rule, the laws became harsher. It was around his reign that the lake serpent in Thalta Lake began to appear. This monster, formerly just a legend, suddenly came to life, terrifying those who lived in the area. To appease it, Andrion came forward with the idea of prison sacrifices along with a portion of cattle or other “offers”. For a while it worked, until now. The fisheries around Thalta are collapsing, but more importantly, so are the body counts for anyone that tries to go near said lake.

The Capital Jamissir houses the biggest market in Edirien. (Thayaria still holds the franchise on most diverse. ) Fresh fruits and vegetables, along with meats from all over the Kingdom are sold their on a daily basis. Taverns are a plenty along with various eateries. A few decent weapon shops are there as well, as they get some of their supplies form the mountains in the area.

Fanatical Bibliophile

Fanatical Bibliophile

Fanatical Bibliophile

Fanatical Bibliophile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items