Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Prophet

Soron didn't waste a second in standing up, gripping his sword tightly. His eyes shifted back and forth as he listened, the rustling sounding like it was coming from all different directions. That could be a problem. Was there already a group of them this far in the mountains? He really didn't feel like fighting to hard this early on in their little adventure..

"Whatchya doin'?' An unfamilar voice came from behind Soron and he whipped around. His eyes widened slightly when he spotted someone sitting on his horse, legs crossed. How had he gotten there? The older man let out a growl of annoyance and withdrew his sword, walking towards the man that could be a threat. "Who are you?" He asked in a serious tone but seemed to be ignored. As he got closer, he saw in the dark that the person was a younger man of a thin build, no older then perhaps the age of nineteen. His clothes were almost entirely black, a common theme for theives and he had a headful of thick auburn curls. "Answer me, kid. Or I'm gonna have to-" He was cut off when the boy suddenly jumped from the horse, landing on a pile of rocks.

The younger man crouched on one of the large bolders in the ground and tilted his head, biting into an apple he had snatched from one of the bags. "Hm? Kinda weird place to be sleepin', don't you think? There are villages all around 'er." He murmured, completely ignoring the pure glar ehe was recieving from the scarred gentlement and the weapons that were definitely aimed for him. "Ooh~ I get it. You're on the run, aren't ya'? Well, isn't that fun." He said with a nod, his mouth pulled into a wide toothy grin. "It's been ahwile since anyone's traveled up this far tho', you must really be tryin' to hide your asses."

An obnoxious laugh escaped the stranger and Soron felt his eye twitch. He was going to kill this punk.. Reaching forward and grabbing the boy in mid laugh, Soron grumbled and yanked him forward. "Listen kid, you need to get the hell away from here and forget about us or I'll make sure I slice out your throat." He threatened in a hiss. He had always hated having to kill younger people, even if they did get on his last nerve... especially ones like this.

Still though, his threat barely managed to get out of his mouth before the young man somehow slipped out of the General's grasp and jumped onto the otherside of the fire with a speed that even Soron had trouble keeping up with. "Oh, It's nice a warm right here. Why don't you keep threatening me while I'm 'er, okay? I hate chilly nights like this.." The boy let out a sigh of defeat as he held his palms towards the flames, his eyes finally glancing around him towards the other people of the trio. His gaze fell on the young woman and he seemed to grow stiff, his cheeks immediately taking a soft tint of pink. "..H-How pretty.." He murmured under his breath, taking a large step away from the woman but still taking advantage of the warmth of the fire.

"Runnin and lookin' poor as a goat. You ain't got nothin' hidden, do ya'?"

Desirable Sex Symbol

Arietta watched as the odd exchange took place. Soron was such an intimidating man that she was shocked when the young bandit blatantly ignored his threats. If she had been in his place, she would have immediately surrendered and begged for his mercy. Of course, she supposed that in the boy's line of work, this wasn't his first encounter with a man twice his size. How old was this kid anyway? She was hardly in her mid-twenties, but she felt so much older than him judging by his childish behavior. Really, she had students who had more sense than he did.

He moved about like a strange animal, crouching on a rock as he messily chomped on a stolen apple, totally disregarding their weapons. She decided that he must have been raised by wolves. It was the only explanation. Cecil stepped closer to her when he boy gave her an unexpected compliment, and Arietta wasn't sure if the guard's presence was more comforting or insulting. Personally, she didn't view the bandit as being much of a threat, and even if he did make a move, it wasn't as if she were weaponless. Her dagger was extended in front of her, and she was fully prepared to use it. She bit back the automatic 'thank you' she usually distributed when she received praise, and Cecil took her silence as an opportunity to chime in.

"Are you alone?" he asked, turning his head to survey the area. The noises had stopped once the bandit revealed himself, but that didn't eliminate the possibility of a group attack; the others could be hiding quietly in the bushes. Cecil rolled his eyes when the boy invited himself to stay, thoroughly annoyed by the kid's presumptuous nature and blatant disrespect of their authority. It was as if he didn't even recognize them as viable threats. He snorted when the bandit noticed Arietta, amused by the young man's odd reaction. Was he really that repelled by the opposite sex? If so, maybe they could use that to their advantage somehow. Cecil nudged the maid with his elbow, prompting her to take action and say something.

Arietta shot him an annoyed glare, but took a step forward anyway, her dagger held firmly in her grasp. "Why should we even consider allowing you to stay?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow and standing a few feet away from the youngest male. They would have to be insane to let an obvious criminal sleep among them, and while she couldn't speak for the others, she knew she wasn't crazy. The bandit asked if they had anything hidden, and she wasn't sure if he meant things of monetary worth, but it was safe to assume he didn't mean weapons. "What about you, is there anything you're hiding?" Arietta scanned his being for anything worrisome, but figured that if he was hiding a weapon, it wouldn't be so easy to find.

Demonic Prophet

"Hm?" The boy glanced up from the fire and towards the maid, his mouth tugging into a frown when she stepped closer to him. He couldn't help but glance up and down her, seeing as how she really was a pretty little thing. Older then he was though. Eventually his eyes went to the brunette male, staring at him for a few seconds and then back towards the older with the scars. There was a long silence before a grin broke out onto his face again, effectively ignoring the questions that had been directed towards him.

"You're from the castle." He guessed correctly, that same laugh escaping him. "Your clothes give it away, ya' know. No where else has such fine stitching." He pointed towards the seams of his own shirt, which were not nearly the same quality. As he chewed another bite of apple, he tossed the core into the fire and licked his lips. "Last time I met someone from th-"

Soron made the boy shut up by snatching the male by the front of his shirt and yanking him into the air. There was no word threats this time and the boy's expression quickly changed to one of panic for a split second. "I can make sure the others don't get ya'." He reassured, his tone surpringly calm despite his obvious fear of the larger man. There was a moment later before the sound of a bird echoed through the trees and the small bandit tilted his head back. Pursing his lips together, he made an identical call, responding to the first. A low growl rumbled in Soron's throat before he let the kid drop to his feet, noting that the teenager was several inches shorter then he was.

"Ya' can call me Mori. I don't mind." The bandit gave a slight bow and grinned. "Ya' ain't got nothin' to steal." He glanced towards the woman again for a brief second before looking away quickly. "... Only reason they'd want ya' is for her.. and I ain't real big on that spoil, ya' you know?" The men he was apart of were much crueler then he was - he was useful for being quick and extremely observant, while the others were mostly just large brutes that could intimidate very easily, or worse.

"So what? You're a friendly thief?" Soron grumbled with a huff, running a hand over his dark hair. God, he was exhausted. How the hell was he supposed to sleep now?

"Why are ya' runnin'?" Mori asked casually, letting himself plop onto the ground and getting comfortable. Soron stared at him for a moment. "Actually, we're looking for someone. Small search party.. A young woman, black hair and possibly wounded. You haven't seen anything like that this evening, have you?" There was another pause as the young man thought about it, nibbling his lower lip before shaking his head. "Mmm, No. Can't say I have. Only been a few hay wagons goin' by and what not. Been a slow day."

Desirable Sex Symbol

Cecil breathed in deeply through his nose, fisting his hair in exhaustion. He hadn’t noticed how tired he was until the younger male appeared, causing an unwelcomed and unnecessarily obnoxious scene. Perhaps he hadn’t been tired at all, and it was simply the boy who wore him down. He decided it was definitely the latter as he settled against the foot of a broad tree trunk. Cecil had a feeling that even if they told this Mori fellow to screw off, he’d still stick around, so protesting seemed like a giant waste of time. “I suppose one more set of eyes wouldn’t be too bad,” he muttered under his breath, petulantly digging his boots into the moist ground beneath him. “But there’s no way in hell I’m sleeping when that thief is awake.”

Arietta nodded hesitantly as she lowered her weapon. She wasn’t as keen on sharing a sleeping space with a criminal as the men seemed to be, but she went along with it anyway. Still, she distanced herself from Mori, preferring to sit on the opposite side of the campfire. “We should decide who takes first watch then. I’m voting for Soron.” She glanced at Cecil from the corner of her eye as she spoke before quickly turning to look at her nominee. “And why would that be?” Cecil challenged, raising an eyebrow as if he were insulted, and to be honest, he kind of was. Not that he particularly wanted to stay awake any longer, but because he viewed himself as being perfectly capable of protecting the group, should something happen. To have someone doubt his ability stung his ego.

“Well, given your… earlier condition, and my leg,” Arietta grew quieter as she spoke, never finishing her statement. She didn’t have to in order to get her point across and to thoroughly offend the previously intoxicated male. Cecil clicked his tongue and scoffed, lying down and facing away from the fire. He didn’t want to say anything that would excite conflict this early in their adventure, but there was so much he wanted to clarify, for his pride’s sake. He declined when the woman offered him a blanket, and waited through several minutes of heavy silence before withdrawing the book Rina had been reading the day before. Cecil could hardly make sense of the words, but a few jumped out at him, and he clung to them for all they were worth. ‘When we meet again,’ he repeated in his head, careful not to say them aloud for fear of ridicule.

The maid was still for a while, somehow missing Mori’s antics now that a cloud of awkwardness was above them. She sighed and took one of the blankets that had been offered, wrapping it around her body before turning away from the group. Carefully, she peeled the bandage from her leg, wanting to inspect her injury in what little privacy she could muster. Arietta glanced over her shoulder to make sure the thief remained in his place before hiking her skirt up further and fully removing the gauze. It wasn’t as dirty as she had anticipated, but it was important to keep a wound clean. She wanted to make herself useful as soon as possible, and an infection would only prolong her down time. Once the bandage was replaced, she bunched up her overcoat and tossed it on the ground before setting her head on it, pulling the blanket with her as she lied down. Arietta turned back to the fire, staring through it to look at Mori.

“So, is that all you do? Steal, that is. Have you no better way to spend your time?” she inquired, not really caring if this was considered prying or not. He was nothing but a common criminal and his emotions meant nothing to her. Surely, she thought, there had been some other path. One far better than this, and he had been too silly to take it. He could have been a servant like her, which wasn’t the best position in the world, but it was at least better than constantly evading death. It wouldn’t get you killed. Oh, but that statement wasn’t exactly true anymore, was it? Not even a crown could save you, she supposed, narrowing her gaze as she watched the boy. Suddenly, her eyes felt heavy, and she was half-asleep when she offered, “You could learn a trade, couldn’t you?” It was then that she heard soft noises coming from Cecil’s direction, and she almost laughed at how passionate he had been about not sleeping in the presence of a thief.

Demonic Prophet

Mori glanced up from the fire when Arietta spoke and he blinked. He fidgeted slightly in an uncomfortable way, but it was mostly do to the fact that she was a woman. His grey eyes went down to the fire before he gave a shrug in response. "My parents died when I was very young from sickness.. I would have also passed if it weren't for local bandits who took me in as their own and raised me. Any talent I have, it is because of them." Glancing out towards the sky where the large cresent shaped moon sat in the sky, he sighed. "This is the only life I have ever been shown. I don't think I could function without stealing."

"Besides." The young bandit shifted his weight and yawned, a crooked grin spreading across his face as he ganced towards the now sleeping guard. "Even I know that most people are corrupt; This entire country is ruled through greed and blood. At least with being a dirty bandit, I can be honest about my life. I don't hide in the shadows of lies." His voice was calm as he spoke and he picked up a stick to gently poke at the fire. "Well anyway, You should be safe for the night.. They won't come looking here since I told them there wasn't anythin'." Mori yawned gently, covering his mouth with a gloved hand before flopping himself down onto his side, back turned away from the fire and from Arietta. "Probably would be a good idea to move out as quickly as you can though."

Soron glanced from the corner of his eye as he listened to Mori talk to Arietta, a frown still tugging at his lips. The sense of danger he was getting from the kid was gone, but he still felt himself on edge in preparation for his friends to come. He let out a sigh and looked over towards the woman, tossing her a second blanket that was rolled up as a makeshift pillow from the back of his horse. "You should rest. We're going to heading out early." His amber eyes went towards the sleeping lump of Cecil and he bit the inside of his cheek. "I'll wake him up in a few hours."

--- TIMESKIPBAM

Soron was woken up by the sounds of a tree branch snapping, his eyes snapping open and his hand gripping tightly onto his sword. Truth be told, he hadn't bothered to wake Cecil up at all. Instead he found himself unable to even relax and on edge for most of the night. Perhaps it was because they were being watched? Because when he looked around, he realized that they were entirely surrounded. While the bandits weren't directly on them, they were definitely close. "s**t." Swearing under his beath, he jumped to his feet. His eys went towards where Arietta and Cecil slept and then to where Mori should be, only to see that the young man was missing. Had he run off?

"Wake up you two, right now." He commanded, inching himself over to nudge Cecil with his foot. "We're surrounded. Get yourself ready." As he spoke, he could hear the faint sound of voices near them which confirmed his suspicsion. Had Mori decided to give them up? "Listen. Voices. Get the camp together and on the horses. We only have a few minutes before they see that we're awake." His voice low, Soron took silent steps towards an edge of bushes and peaked over them. The voices got louder when he did and he pressed his lips into a thin line as he strained to listen.

"She's a girl!" Mori snapped back angrily at the older man, receiving a hard slap across his face in response. He glared daggers at his superior and let out a growl as he wiped away the drop of blood that began to escape through the new cut on his plump lower lip. "You know I hate ambushing women. You know I won't participate." And it was a very true thing, as he always seemed to skip over chances when there was a woman involved. The bandits took what they could, money, food and pleasure.. and the younger man couldn't tolerate it.

"I don't care if you don't like it, you little s**t. You're not the damn boss around here, and you flat out tried to hide goods from us." The man grabbed Mori by the front of his tunic and lifted him from the ground, his free hand curling into a fist in preparation to smashing the man into his place.

Desirable Sex Symbol

Cecil had always been a light sleeper. It was an unspoken job requirement when he entered the guard, and he had grown accustomed to waking at the drop of a feather. How he didn’t wake up from invasion, and thus needed Soron’s prompt to stop sleeping, was far beyond his understanding. Still, he was alert in mere moments, on his feet before the warning fully left his superior’s mouth, and kicking dirt into the fire to put it out. He nudged the maid with his foot as he passed her, rousing her from her sleep and hushing her when she moved to ask why. Cecil joined Soron, tilting his head so that his ear was held close to their unwanted visitors. It was now that he realized the boy was absent from the campsite, and for a moment, he was enraged by the prospect of Mori ratting out their location. Of course they shouldn’t have trusted a criminal! What were they thinking?

But then the voices flooded in, clearer than he had anticipated, and he realized that the kid had no part in this ambush. He backed away and started gathering their belongings, attaching everything to their two horses before untying the animals. By then, the maid had replaced all the blankets and everything was safely packed away. Cecil quietly grabbed her by the waist and hoisted her onto one of the horses, giving her little time to react. He watched her get settled and figured that she would be alright on horseback, if she had to escape on her own for some reason. The guard rejoined Soron and nodded in the direction that the voices were coming from, placing his hand on his sword to better communicate his intentions.

The younger man was obnoxious, but if left alone with these thugs, he could very well find himself six feet under. Or worse, they could coerce him into revealing his involvement with their small group. He didn’t have extensive knowledge about any of them, but he did know a brief description of Rina and that they came from the castle. Just because he couldn’t form any valuable connections did not mean his criminal acquaintances couldn’t, and Cecil could not risk another group, especially not this one, getting to Rina before he could.

With this in mind, he drew his weapon and rushed from the barrier of foliage, hoping he had the element of surprise on his side. In one swift movement, he gripped Mori by the back of his tunic and yanked him from the man’s grip almost violently, practically throwing the younger man aside. “Go!” he warned, bringing his sword to the offender’s chest and holding the most intimidating pose he could muster. Cecil was aware that trying to fight this many people was nonsensical, and he knew they were on a strict time schedule, but he thought if he could take down the one who seemed to be in charge, their efforts would dwindle. At least temporarily, or long enough that his party could make a smooth escape.

The man tried to rush him despite the blade pressed against his chest, perhaps thinking Cecil wouldn’t actually use it, but was met with a sharp blow to the abdomen. Though the man was a head or so taller than Cecil, he found himself crumpled over on the ground, gripping his bleeding wound in a desperate attempt to dull the pain. Two other men ran to defend him, the others seeming to have been frozen in place by shock. One was without a weapon, but the other held a cheap dagger in his hand, holding it up in a way that let Cecil know he had absolutely no formal training. The guard easily caught the man’s wrist before the blade could make impact, quickly snapping it back until he heard that distinct crack of bone that rendered the man a weeping puddle of mess. The other man was even easier, requiring nothing more than a blow to his bandaged shoulder with the hilt of Cecil’s sword.

Noticing that Mori was still planted on the ground, Cecil grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to his feet. “I told you to go!” he reminded him, shoving him ungracefully toward the horse that the maid was not occupying. He wasn’t sure if the animal could hold two grown men, but he figured the younger man was light enough to carry, seeing as how two men thus far had held him above the ground with relative ease. The guard climbed onto the horse behind Mori, taking the reins before the thief had the opportunity to. He jammed the heel of his foot into the horse’s side, prompting it to take off in the direction they were originally heading. If the thief was a credible source, it wouldn’t be long before they reached a suitable town. He glanced back to see the maid offering Soron a hand, as if she could really help him onto the horse they shared. Cecil snorted in annoyance, still bitter from the woman’s earlier comment. “So, where exactly are these towns you speak of?”

Demonic Prophet

Soron glanced towards Cecil as the man returned to his side and then down at his sword. He pressed his lips in a thin line of disapproval, knowing very well that they were entirely outmatched. Still, he didn't disagree with the fact that Mori shouldn't left to die. The corners of his mouth twitched into a sarcastic smile as he thought about how old he was and how this was really something only invincible youth's seemed to get into. He couldn't say much as he watched the guard rush into the lion's den and grumbled, quickly turning to continue finishing up getting ready.

Mori on the other hand could only stare with wide eyes as he was thrown to the ground, away from the threatening fist that wanted to smash his nose in. His fingers dug into the ground as he attempted to move, but his body seemed entirely froze in place. He could only watch as Cecil took on his boss and within a matter of seconds, took the larger man down. It was all happening so damn fast that he couldn't keep track, but at the same time it seemed like it was dragging on. When he was grabbed however, his mind snapped back into reality and he blinked in confusion.

All of what seemed like once, he was tossed onto a horse and felt his back pressed back into the larger guard. "So, Where exactly are these towns you speak of?" Mori tilted his head back to look at Cecil from behind, his mouth shaped as a small 'o'. He was still partially in awe over the guard's abilties in fighting and all he could get himself to do was blink. Finally it seemed his brain snapped back into reality and he quickly sat up straight, his cheeks hinting a soft pink color. "A-ah! Yeah..!" Glancing around the area as they rode through, he eventually pointed straight ahead. "If we follow this path, it will lead to a large bridge at the bottom of the mountain, where the river flows passed. Once we cross it, the roads split. Each way takes you to different places." He said, trying to keep his voice loud enough that Soron and the girl could hear him as they rode a few feet to side.

"Is one of the villagers a high provider of what for the capital?" Soron asked, turning his head to stare at the theif, who nodded his head. "Then let's go there. They're protected by capitial officials, so bandits don't come near them. If we cut through it without stopping, we might be able to get out without running into any problems." Snapping the reins of the horse, the general urged his horse to speed up. The closer they got to the said village, the better their chances at completely escaping the chasing bandits would be. Of course, there was always the chance that the officials protecting them from the bandits might try and arrest them if the news had already spread, but Soron was sure it was to soon for that.

It was easy to tell when the bottom of the mountain was coming closer as the trees began to space apart more and sunlight began to break through the leaves. The sound of the river water echoed calmly despite the loud clunking of the horses desperate running. Soron took the chance of glancing behind them, pleased to find nothing but the trail behind them. "I think we're okay now.." He said as he sighed, commanding his horse to slow down into a soft trot. It was only a few moments before the bridge that Mori had mentioned came into view and already in the distance he saw people walking along the dirt roads with baskets of goods.

"Which one to the wheat village?" Soron asked, staring at Mori who fidgeted slightly and seemed reluctant to answer. It was dangerous for a bandit to go there! It was practically running through the young man's blood to keep away. After a moment though, the brunette pointed towards the right and the general immediately guided his horse in the direction. It didn't take long before he could see the shapes of buildings come into view. "Alright. Act casual. We're just passing through. If there's any sign that they know who we are, then we run for it. Got it?"

As the trio entered the village, they received a few glances, mostly towards Cecil and Mori. Soron glanced around with a blank expression, occasionally giving a soft nod towards a villager to appear friendly. He made a humming noise before leaning in close to Arietta's neck and whispering directly into her ear, "Perhaps when you are fully healed, I shall teach you a few things about fighting.. That would be useful, wouldn't it?"

Desirable Sex Symbol

As they rode through the town, Cecil became increasingly aware of the attention his party was receiving. To him, they looked no different than any other band of travelers. It took him a solid minute to realize that two men occupying one horse seemed questionable, and upon realizing this, he became somewhat flustered and aggravated. He wanted to trade riding partners with Soron, if only to dispel any unwanted assumptions regarding his romantic preferences, but he knew the general would never agree to the swap. Partially because the man looked so please to be in the maid’s company, for whatever reason. Cecil huffed and adjusted his grip on the reigns, deciding it was best to just brush it off, especially since nothing could be done about it. Admittedly, he would rather than villagers gawk at their arrangement than know anything about their personal quest, and it did distract them from Mori’s suspicious garb.

He glanced down at the younger male, noticing just how blatantly his occupation was displayed. The man certainly looked the part of a no-good thief, if one ignored his boyish features. Cecil strived to keep his voice down as he relayed this information. “We’ll have to stop and buy you a change of clothes; something less recognizable.” With this, he scanned their immediate surroundings, noting a few small shops and food stands. The town utilized the most basic organization and was almost obnoxiously quiet. He had not expected much in the way of excitement from a village known only for its wheat production, but even still, the place was entirely stale. Cecil supposed they could stop at one of the local stores and dress Mori appropriately, but he knew that stopping would allow unwanted company to catch up to them. They would have to postpone the makeover until they had placed considerable distance between them and the castle.

Arietta bristled when Soron spoke directly into her ear, the fine hairs on the back of her neck standing up. He had caught her off guard, but she composed herself quickly, assuming he had done so on purpose just witness her reaction. There was no way she was going to let him win, but if entertainment was what he wanted, she would humor him. She tilted her head to the side as if trying to get a better view of him, but diverted her gaze to seem wholly uninterested in their conversation. “Oh? And what if I already know how to handle a sword?” Arietta spoke casually with a matter-of-fact tone, and was quite pleased with how nonchalantly she delivered her line. Two could play this game, she decided, eyeing him briefly to gauge his response before turning around as if nothing had transpired.

It was not long before they reached the town’s border. They shared a wave of relief, pleased that they had not encountered any trouble in this particular area. However, just as Cecil released a puff of air he didn’t realize he was holding, a loud screech interrupted their internal celebration. “Damn it,” he muttered, maintaining his inconspicuous demeanor, as he wasn’t sure what the commotion was about and did not want to jump to conclusions. Acting without proper cause would only draw attention, and that was the last thing they needed, especially when they were so close to leaving the town.

“Ah- okay, I get it! Calm down, sir, this is all a misunderstanding!” A man was practically thrown from a quaint house, his clothing disheveled and his blazing red hair equally unkempt. He seemed unfazed by the much larger man who was currently screaming obscenities at him, accusing him of ‘tempting his wife into sin’, amongst other things. They attracted a handful of villagers and few government issued guards, but even this did not bother the redhead. He simply brushed off his clothes and ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to make himself look presentable again. “Sir, with all due respect, your lovely wife here did not inform me of her marital status prior to our… activities. I can hardly be blamed for her negligence.” He delivered his practiced speech with ease, somehow managing to win the husband’s favor in the process. The guards seemed equally pleased with the new development, as it mostly ruled out any need for intervention other than possible adultery charges, which the wife would ultimately pay for.

When all was settled, the redhead mounted his horse and fled the scene, passing through the town’s border and trotting along a cobblestone pathway. Cecil sighed to himself and kept moving, taking the same path that seemingly connected this village to another. He wondered briefly if they should take such an expected route, but he was not aware of any other options. “You know where this goes?” he asked, gently nudging Mori and nodding his head toward the winding path that disappeared into a line of trees. He wondered if this forest was as dangerous as the last, of if the government’s presence protected the village’s surrounding area as well. Perhaps criminals thought it best to avoid the general area altogether.

As they neared the dense group of trees, Cecil spotted the redheaded man’s horse tied to a branch, hardly concealed behind one of the thicker trees. He couldn’t see the man himself, but he heard the rustling of paper and smelled the pungent scent of smoking herb, one of the cheaper kinds that poor farmers grew for themselves. It nearly choked him, but he wasn’t entirely unused to the smell. Arietta was even less fazed, as her husband was known to keep an entire jar of the stuff on their bedside table, and he smoked so much she never could rid the linens of the stench.

( Note: think tobacco, not weed. Haha. cx )

Demonic Prophet

"Hm?" Mori made a slight noise when Cecil mentioned buying him a new outfit and he glanced down at himself. "Why? What's wrong with this?" He gently tugged on a piece of his under tunic and frowned. He had made it himself and was quite proud of his handy work! It didn't seem to really register in his mind that most people would associate his garbs as being for thieves. "I don't think I could look much blander, you know." Afterall, his outfit was all dark, neutral colors.

Soron cocked up an eyebrow down at the maid. He let out a hum as he considered the possibility before he gained a rather crooked, mischievous smirk. Once more he leaned in to keep their conversation private. "Oh? Then that will be useful.. Maybe you won't get yourself killed as easily." A low chuckled escaped him as his grip on the horse's reins tightened. "But I doubt you have the skill I am refering to.. I can really teach you the proper way." It was hard not to break out into laughter as Soron offered, sincere in his offer no matter how the woman took it.

As they managed to get to the edge of town, Soron felt himself relax slightly. His eyes narrowed when he heard a sudden commotion and he grumbled under his breath. Turning his attention towards a small cottage, he watched as a man was tossed out and was defending himself from being pummeled. Luckily there were plenty of other onlookers, so the small trio didn't seem to catch the attention of the guards who had begun to lurk around. Pressing his lips into a flat line, Soron tried his best not to sympathize with the fellow, knowing his story was more then likely a fib. He himself had often found company in a married woman's arms on several occasions..

Mori had watched the spectical in silence. He was an observer by nature and despite his at times naive perspective, he tended to pick up clue details. It was one of his few skills. His grey hues watched the redhead ride off into the woods on his own horse. "Con." He said simply to no one in particular, letting out a sigh. "Pretty sure it leads out towards the mountain paths. There's a few smaller villages scattered around. My group tended to keep on this side. People tend to have more money on them the closer you are to the castle, so we didn't have much need to venture far as long as we had good fighters." He frowned thinking about how easily these two men had taken down the gang. Mori had figured they were from the castle already, but who were they exactly? Such skills were certainly important.

"As for safety, I can't tell you. Thieves don't typically work together - they can barely even function as a gang." Mori said with a slight shrug, staring into the forest. The smell of herb soon waifed through his nose and he blinked. "Although, the man we just saw might be able to help you.. Likely for the right price." Though, he couldn't be certain after all..

"Well, we don't have much of a choice. Perhaps he might know a different route we could take. The main road is bad, but we can't risk cutting through the woods and encountering more problems. The faster we can get away from here, the better our chances." Soron cut in with a hum, making Mori raise an eyebrow. "But theives won't attack you on the main. That's probably the safest thing you could do while traveling." There was no response from Soron. Instead the larger man pulled his own steid to a halt near the stranger's own, which was tied to at tree. "Stay here." He said flatly at Arietta as he hopped down onto the ground.

The smell of the tabacoo was stronger as he walked to the side of the path and he sighed. "Excuse me.. Sir that was getting himself into trouble.." Soron called out with a frown, placing his hands on his hips. He glanced around before reaching his hand out to the horse casually, letting the animal sniff him to show he meant no threat. "A group of travelers are a bit lost and could do with your help." There was a pause. "We can pay for anything you might be able to share with us, at the least."

Desirable Sex Symbol

Dax glanced up from the stack of documents in his hand, raising a brow at the man who was addressing him so boldly. He fought the urge to smirk at the first line, surprised to meet someone who saw through his ploy. This man was certainly more interesting than those simpletons before. Listening to these ‘travelers’ would offer entertainment if nothing else. He tucked his papers into a traveling case that hung from his horse, taking a moment to smooth his hand over the beast of burden’s coarse mane. Dax paid attention to what was being said, almost rolling his eyes when the man introduced his group as travelers, trying to play off the lie of being lost. He knew better than to believe this man, mostly because no sane person, lost or otherwise, offered money to a known con artist just for directions.

There were other indicators, of course. The most prominent being the hodge podge group of people that could never have formed naturally. Dax scanned the group, quirking a brow at the youngest man who was obviously a thief. He was so oddly placed, his dark outfit standing out against everyone else’s well-made and more intricately designed clothing. Not to mention he was sharing a horse with another man, which wasn’t something you saw on a daily basis. The other two men gave off authoritative vibes that did not suit casual travelers. He paid little attention to the woman, though she did seem slightly out of place amongst three men. Dax could easily justify her involvement if he allowed his mind to wander. Regardless, there was clearly a lot more to this group than they were letting on, and if they really wanted his help, he was going to make it worth his while.

“Is that so?” he questioned evenly, pressing the end of his makeshift cigarette against a tree to snuff out the flame. Dax stretched one arm behind his head to exercise his muscles as he tried to formulate a plan. “Right,” he continued, dropping his arm and imitating the other man by grabbing his own hip. “I suppose I could give you directions, but they may be hard to follow since you’re such horrible navigators… You know, since you’re lost and all.” He smirked, thinking this was adequate payback for the man’s slightly rude introduction. “It would easier for me to show you. As far as payment is concerned, I’m not interested in chump change, sir.” Dax turned and grabbed his horse’s reigns, untangling them from the tree before mounting the animal. Once situated, he ran a calloused hand through his red hair and looked down at the stranger, quite liking his superior position.

At this point, Cecil became significantly more suspicious. He had nothing to offer except money and travel equipment, and something told him the man was even less interested in the latter. What he could possibly want, Cecil wasn’t quite sure, and this uncertainly only put him on edge. His grip on the reigns tightened as he waited for the man to name his price, hoping that it wasn’t something too ridiculous. In his peripheral vision, he could tell Arietta was even more uncomfortable, mostly likely because the man’s previous ‘engagement’ hinted at his interests, thus putting her at risk. To Cecil, her worry was unfounded; it wasn’t as if they would agree to such a trade. “So then,” he said, finally tired of waiting, “What is it you want?”

Dax glanced at the second man, curling his lips into a practiced smile. “Something useful. Say… information, perhaps?” He looked back to Soron, assuming he was the leader of this party and viewing him as more of an authority figure. If anyone was going to give him answers, it would be the man who took the initiative to approach him. “I can take it in payments, of course. Give me a little now, and you can fill the rest in along the way.” He forgot to mention that he wasn’t going to leave them alone until he was satisfied with what they gave him. Dax wasn’t going anywhere until he was paid in full. A tad cocky, he nodded his head toward the path they were on, gesturing for everyone to get moving, as if they had already shaken hands. “And you,” he called, giving his signature smirk to the unnamed thief. “Why don’t you join me? Seems like your friend prefers riding solo.” Dax patted the horse’s back in offering, trying his best not to wink at his poorly executed innuendo.

( i didn't proofread, so... o x o )

Demonic Prophet

Soron clicked his tongue once as he stared at the man for a moment, his mind working in silence. Finally he turned on his heel and climbed back onto his horse, settling behind Arietta. His horse began to trot forward down the path and he observed the types of trees growing, seeing that they differed from other regions he had been to. He had been in this area in the past for assignments and missions, but he had never really paid attention. It was one thing to just go somewhere for work, knowing you would return home.. but now, there was no home and every detail he took in could be something important. He regretted slightly being such a lazy commander, knowing the amount of potential he had wasted.. but at the same time, he totally different. He was way to awesome already.

Mori felt himself tense up slightly when the man suddenly spoke to him, but had a rather bland expression in return. That didn't stop the faintest color from rising to his cheeks however. Grey eyes stared at the other before he raised an eyebrow. "No, Thank you. If he wants to ride alone, I think I'd rather walk. I don't get on horses with someone who I don't particularly trust." he said honestly. If he wanted to be real honest, he wasn't sure if he even trusted Soron or Cecil.. but he definitely didn't their new tour guide. The comment did make him suddenly aware of their position once more and the red in his cheeks darkened, his gaze quickly looking downward as he tried to think of some way to get rid of such an awkward set up.

"So, What exactly is it you want to know?" He asked the man flatly, cutting in. He wasn't sure what type of knowledge he could have that might be important, but he was also an amazing bullshitter. If it hadn't been for his skills in combat, he could easily been some sort of con man himself, probably.. Probably not, he was to damn lazy for that s**t.

"I don't know much we could help you, as you can tell, we're a rather useless group." Soron tacked on, amber eyes shifting towards the stranger before nudging towards Mori. He was sure he had noticed the theif's attire and didn't care to keep acting as though the younger wasn't really there. "Fool back there nearly got himself killed by his own friends, if that tells you anything." That wasn't valuable information in his opinion, Mori's own mistakes were his own and he could spare his pride if it meant the small trio could seem a little more trusting. The boy let out a huff and pushed his lower lip to pout silently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff