Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Member

The room where you wake is dark. An unnatural dark looms over the room as the two awaken, each believing to be alone, in the same room. The room is small, not too small to cramp them but is rather small. The room is notably perfectly circular, a very odd peculiar space, if touched the walls feel solid, and perfectly smooth. It seems as if a cave chamber, of sorts, were hollowed out and smoothed and buffed to this ner perfect state. At the far end of the room is a metal door, that can't be seen until approached, and any effort to open it fails. Across the door, on the opposite side of the door, lie four pedestals standing at approximately waist level. A circle of light, from apparently no where, illuminates each pedestal. Atop each of these pedestals are one of four items.

Pedestal #1: Atop this Pedestal is a shining white sword and when interacted with a voice from within yourself speaks: "The Path of the Warrior, Only the strong survive, this path can grant great strength at great cost. Is this the path you choose?"

Pedestal #2: Atop this Pedestal is a vibrating blue shield and when interacted with a voice from within yourself speaks: "The Path of the Guardian, A noble path, this path can grant great strength if used to protect what you hold dear. Is this the path you choose?"

Pedestal #3: Atop this Pedestal is a Pair of dark, shadowy daggers, and when interacted with a voice from within yourself speaks: "The Path of the Rogue, run light, and quick, this path can grant great speed and agility but can quickly lead into darkness. Is this the path you choose?"

Pedestal #4: Atop this Pedestal is a glimmering red sceptre and when interacted with a voice from within yourself speaks: "The Path of Dreams, Is true strength really on the inside? This path can grant great power but power can corrupt even the kindest of hearts. Is this the path you choose?"

Once chosen the pedestals and the items disappear, and the same inner voice speaks, "Get to meet your partner," the darkness vanishes as each finally notices the others existance, "They might be the only friendly face you see for quite a while. When you are prepared venture forward."

The loud sound of the locked door unlocking can be head and the door opens about three inches.

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

" Do not judge me for what I am..."

Eve woke up in a very dark room. Not remember where she was or what happened before, she felt confused and wanted to know answers. With only the knowledge of her name and the two twin daggers attached to her hips, she was not sure where to go from here, or knowing that there was someone else in the room with her. Trying to find some light, she discovered the four pedestals with a different weapon. She walked over to them and looked at them individually, but stopped in from of the shield. She heard a voice calling to her as she stopped there. "The Path of the Guardian, A noble path, this path can grant great strength if used to protect what you hold dear. Is this the path you choose?" she thought about it before she nodded. " Yes. This is the path I choose." she said. The light and the items disappeared and she heard that strange voice again. "Get to meet your partner," the mystery voice paused and the darkness vanishes and that's when Eve realized of the other persons existence, "They might be the only friendly face you see for quite a while. When you are prepared venture forward."

Eve stood there and looked over to the person beside her and wondered if he knew anything that she didn't like how they got there. Something inside of her told her not to trust him, but she wanted to know what might be going on. She walked over to him. " Hello, ummm do you get anything that that strange voice said? Or how we got here. I don't seem to recall anything..." she said then looked at him, hoping maybe he would have the answers and wondered which item he choose, but that was for another time she figured. Right now, she wanted to try and remember...anything. It felt like a hole was inside of her that she didn't know how to fix it. Eve turned and looked at the door that seemed to be they're only way out and wondered if she would find out the mystery of why she can't remember or her past if she were to leave this room, but before she did anything, she looked over to the guy next to her, waiting for his reply.

"...but for WHO I am and what I do."
-Levi-

"I don't care who you are..."

He grunted as his eye’s opened to see complete nothingness in the dark “What?,” he whispered to himself, as he squinted to see, but saw nothing. He had no idea where he was or how he got there for that matter as he pushed himself to his feet and felt around the dark before his hands felt something, a smooth wall, a not a flat wall, but it felt like it curved and due to the curve the man guessed it was a circular room, small but, not to small.
“Where am I? Am I alone?,” he asked himself as he followed the wall and used it for his eyesight, not able to see anything until he approached what looked like a door. He touched it and felt the cold metal of the door and tried to open it, but it would not budge, not one bit. He muttered to himself. Then light caught him off guard, four pedestals stood illuminated by the light. He stared shocked, but none the less relieved to see the light and slowly approached it.
He examined what stood on the pedestals, four items; he looked at the items with interest. A Sword, Shield, Dagger, and Scepter; but what stood out the most was the shining white sword, he approached the pedestal and reached over picking it up, then he heard the voice "The Path of the Warrior, Only the strong survive, this path can grant great strength at great cost. Is this the path you choose?". He looked up and turned looking for the voice of the person speaking to him, but did not let go of the sword.
He looked back to the shield and nodded “Y-yes, I do,” he said then the pedestal disappeared along with the item. He looked at his hands after the item disappeared and heard the same voice “Partner?,” he asked, so he was not alone after all? He noticed the darkness disappear and looked behind him at his partner, then heard the door unlock, the clicking of the door clear as day and it creaking open. But his eyes did not leave the girl that was revealed to be his partner.
An Anthro, a snow leopard girl with silver hair and pink eyes, something he had never seen before. “N-no…no sorry,” he said answering her question. He wondered why whoever did this paired him with an Anthro. A small part of him was curious to this though and another part wondered what item she had chosen, but he put it into the back of his mind. For now all he cared about was leaving the room “I cant remember anything as well,” he said again.

"If you can hold your own and keep up, your okay with me!".

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

Eve looked at the man and figured that he must be a human, but she did not like the look that her "partner" was giving her. Was for what she was? She rolled her eyes a bit then pushed the thought aside then sighed when he said he didn't know what was going on. ' There went that...' she thought than looked back to him, her big fluffy tail moving behind her. Eve was not sure what she should say to her "partner" or what that even meant for that matter, but she kept an extra eye on him. Being what she is, a Snow Leopard Anthro, she seemed to remember that her kind was looked down upon. How she remembers that and nothing else, she was not sure, but she was determined to find out answers. Eve looked away from her partner and to the door and stared at it for a bit, wondering if she should trust what was outside the door, but that was the only way out of her.

Eve looked back at her partner, wondering if they should be together, or if anything this, they will be on they're separate ways, following their own paths. She closed her eyes for a moment to think about what she should say to the man standing next to her. After a moment, she opened her eyes and looked back at him and slowly extended her furry paw, tailing moving again behind her in anticipation. " My name is Eve. And who might you be?" she asked him then after a moment her face hardened. " And yes, I am a Anthro. A Snow Leopard Anthro. Do you have a problem with that?" she asked him with a hard look.

User Image
Levi
Barona Human

Levi looked at his partner silently as all the thoughts ran through his mind, of course he was not all that pleased that someone saw it right, to pair him with an Anthro. He did not exactly like the thought of being followed by her, but at the same time he knew the possibility that him and her as soon as they stepped outside would probably be heading in opposite directions. But another part of him did not care what she was, or what she wanted.
Nothing came to his mind, not one thing to say to her, then she spoke, introducing herself as Eve, and on top of that admitted that she was a Anthro, not like he needed to know what she was as it was written all over her face, her body, and her tail.
“Eve…My name is Levi,” he said simply, feeling like he had to introduce himself to her since she had done nothing to upset him or anger him. “And to the contrary Eve,” he said again “I am shocked to see that I have an Anthro as a partner, but at the same time curious as to why. It is not a big deal to me, so let me tell you this,” he said and looked her in the eye with a completely different look then before.
“We Barona judge our friends, not by what they look like, but by the way they hold their own in battle. If you can hold a sword and hold your own, you’re okay with me,” he said.

At that Levi turned and walked towards the metal door opening it.

"If you can carry a sword and hold your own you're okay with me.. "

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

Eve watched his every move and shook his hand then pulled her paw back. Her ears moved a bit, but barely. She watched him then felt...relaxed a bit. Least she didn't have to worry about him. She nodded a bit. " I can hold my own in a fight. We anthros have both animal and human characteristics and abilities making our kind different from yours, but because we are the products of human and beast love or....sexual intercourse, we are looked down upon by your race." she said then began to follow him out. " Because of the treatment my kind gets, I am not going to back down to anyone, not even you partner." she said to him. " I can defend myself, so you do not need to worry about me being in your way...if we are even traveling together." she said to him as she followed him.

Once outside the room, Eve had to cover her eyes due to the sudden brightness. After being in a dark room, she felt as if she has never once seen the light of day though she was pretty sure she has. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the the room, she looked around and saw...that she was not outside, but in a lighted room.

User Image
Levi
Barona Human

Levi opened the door and looked back to her as she spoke her mind to him. Levi may not have looked like it in her eyes, but he paid attention to every word that passed through her mouth into the air they both breathed. Levi could tell that she seemed a little more relaxed with him, on his side he felt he need not worry about this Anthro attacking him or stabbing him in the back. Levi walked through the door after her and left the room, he would keep an eye on her in case though as he did not trust anyone other than his own people.

“I don’t care about your parents love story and I don’t care that you are proof of that love story. As long as you say you can fight well, then good,” he said. “All creatures are born into our world for a purpose. It is true that people, even I, may frown upon your kind. But that does not change the fact you have a purpose in the world we both inhabit,” he said. “If you are to travel with me as my friend, or partner, so be it,” he said as they emerged into light and he squint his eyes as the light blinded him.

Clean Member

[ADDED BARONA AND ANTHRO TO RACE LIST]

The Metal Door opens onto a hall, dimly lip by a torch directly next to the door the two are exiting from. Its a simple torch, wooden with a leather-wrapped handle. The torch can be removed from the ring hook that holds it upright on the wall.

To the left, (From exiting the room) are exactly eight identical doors to the one they exited. There is one difference, their torch is the only one lit. There is also a door directly ahead of them. Each door is labled from 1 to 10 with the room they exited being 1, and the one ahead being 2, and so on. There is nothing after door number 10 but a solid wall.

To the right, are stairs that spiral straight up for who knows how far. There are no apparent doors or openings, till it opens upon the top of a high tower, surrounded on all sides by a rather deep moat. The moat seems empty, and deep enough to easily jump into and live with not ill-effects.

Our two partners, have a couple of choices. First, to spend some extra time and check the other doors, and explore their immediate surroundings. Second, turn right and go up the stairs and leave. Third, Split up, leaving one to explore each direction. Fourth, stay where they are.
(you can make any decision you both come to, just wanted to give you some ideas.)

Any attempt at opening door 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 result in failure.

Door 7 and 10 both swing easily open to reveal a dark room, perfectly circular and smooth as the one they had left, without the pedistals.

What secrets do these rooms hold? (I'll edit them HERE if you choose to search the two rooms.

When either, or both of you make your way to the top of the tower, you find that it's night. A cool breeze chills the air at the top of the tower. There appears to be no way out other than to jump into the moat, or go back down the stairs to the rooms below.

Ther surrounding area, appears fairly flat for a good, 300 yards on all sides. After which is completely dense forest, in most directions. For each direction, (North, South, East, West) there appears to be a path.

Three of the paths, North, South, West, appear in some degree to lead into the forest. The Eastern path on the other hand, stays mostly grasslands as far as the eye can see.

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

Eve looked around and looked at the hall with the different doors, and to the right with the spiral staircase. She turned to the torch next to her and grabbed it and held it in her paw. She stood there for a while, debating about which way to take until she started to walk to the left with the doors, but stopped and looked to him. " Follow me or not, I don't care, but we are fated to be partners weather it is now or later on. Do what you want, it does not matter to me." she said to him. She walked to each of the different doors and most of them were locked, expect for doors 7 and 10. After opening 10, she went back to door 7 and walked inside holding the torch.

User Image
Levi
Barona Human

Levi’s eyes adjusted to the light and he saw a hallway with doors and then to the right he saw the staircase, temptation wanted him to go up the stairs, but he heard shuffling and looked to Eve. Levi watched as she took the torch off the wall nearby and listened to what she had to say before she walked off down the hallway on her own, he chuckled to himself. To be honest Levi did not want to split up, especially in a place like this. After waking up here with no recollection he did not trust this place.

“Very well, Eve,” he said calling her by her name as he followed her up the hallway, the doors along the way led nowhere, except for oddly doors Seven and Ten. Levi watched as Eve opened the Tenth door then turned and went back to the Seventh. Levi followed her into the Seventh door and looked around; the room itself was much like the room they had just emerged out of. This place was become more and odder to him with each passing second.

“What do you make of this?,” he asked her as he followed her into the room and took a look around.

Clean Member

Door 7: A small circular chest in the exact center of the room. It contains, a four loaves of bread, two medium sized canteens, 2 small vials of an unknown red liquid, as well as a small satchel to carry them in.
Door 10: Completely empty.

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

Eve stopped for a moment and looked back at Levi who had decided to follow her for some...odd reason she could not figure out. She shrugged and walked inside the room. She searched the room and found a chest that contained 4 loaves of bread, 2 canteens, 2 small vials of...something, and a satchel to put them. She looked back at Levi then around the room then put everything inside the satchel and stood up and looked at him. " So are we going to be traveling together once we leave this place?" she asked him then walked out of the room and making sure nothing was in the last room, she made her way down the hall and towards the stair case. Knowing Levi was behind her, she walked up the stairs for what seemed like forever and then finally she was outside and into the cool night air. She closed her eyes and sniffed everything around her. Not recognizing any scents, she sighed then looked around and realized they had to jump down. She looked at Levi. " Want me to carry you down?" she asked him.

User Image
Levi
Barona Human

Levi saw the chest as well and took a peek in to see what she had found and smirked as he saw the contents of the chest, to think, he actually wanted to leave without first exploring the area. Then again he was a Barona after all. Pillage and take what you can as long as you see it. Levi walked out the door and checked the tenth room, seeing nothing before following Eve up the stairs which seemed to go up for an eternity. “That decision falls upon you,” he said as they climbed the stairs. “I have no problem with an Anthro as my traveling companion,” he said.

Upon reaching the room at the top of the tower and felt the cool air of the night and looked around the scenery, then looked down to the moat below and looked at her. “I can get down just fine,” he said as he stepped back, he wanted to do something for himself for once. The moat below looked deep enough to jump into and survive. Levi ran forward and jumped over the edge falling down and landing into the water below with a splash.

Devoted Spirit

10,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image
Eve Cordelia
Snow Leopard Anthro

Eve looked at him then nodded and watched as he jumped off the building into the water below. She hesitated, but then lifted the bag above her head, she jumped off and into the water, trying as best as she could not to get the back and its contents wet. She swam to the shore and handed him the bag and got on all fours and shook like a cat. She became a fluffy snow leopad since she was wet. She growled then stood and looked at him brushing her fur. " I do not mind traveling with you since we both want the same thing. Answers." she said. " However, any disrespect about me and your on your own." she said then looked around. " Which way do you want to go?" she asked him.

User Image
Levi
Barona Human

Levi came up for air when he discovered the moat was deep enough for them to survive and he swam to the edge of the water climbing out and standing up, water dripping off of him, he shook some of the excess water off of him and heard another splash, looking back and seeing Eve land in the water and watched her swim to the edge holding a satchel above her head.

Levi took the bag and watched as she got on all fours and shook herself and became a ‘fluffy snow leopard’. Levi held back his chuckle as she turned fluffy “As long as you understand it’s going to take time to earn respect,” he said as he turned and looked at the area around them. North, South, and West seemed to be paths that led into the forests, but the path east was different. “We don’t know where the paths to the forests lead, we could take the path East,” he said.

“Then again we can’t fall for what appears to be the easy path, so in truth I think we should head North,” he finished.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces