Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Committee Staff Shopper

User Image

Death the Kid

Kid didn’t know what he was looking at at first. He felt his pupils dilate, to take in everything around him. It was a lucid and slow moment. His eyes shook as they landed on Ashes. That mad girl was becoming a kishin egg—Kid had never seen a person in the process of becoming one before. It looked painful. Every now and then he heard a sound coming from her body like a crunch, a snap, a twang of a bow string or the bending of a taut branch.

His pupils constricted. He turned to give orders to Moira as he subordinate, but she was called away by Stein—what was he doing!? Kid took a few steps forward to stop him, but he seemed to have his own ideas. He watched his teach summon an oddly bulbous shadow puppet that absorbed both of them. Kid grunted. He didn’t know what Stein was up to…but he would trust his teacher. “We need to work fast,” he said to Black Star. Maka slid up on his left and Kid nodded to her. “You heard the man. Let’s do this.”

“Yeah!”
Black Star extended his strong soul and held onto Tsubaki, grinning confidently as he felt the souls of his friends linking, merging, and becoming one powerful force. They all screamed from the sheer intensity. They were all more powerful now—more than they had ever been. Maka was too. Black Star looked at her with his grin and nodded. Maka didn’t hold them back anymore. Maka was strong because she knew where her strength came from. “Took you long enough,” Black Star teased anyway, transforming Tsubaki into her Katana form. Black marks grew over his face and arms. “I hate to tell you this, witch, but you’re now dealing with the three most dangerous people alive. We make sport of taking down twisted witches and kishin—and we won’t mind doing it a second time if you provoke us.”

Kid nodded. “Well said.” He looked over at Moira though. She seemed to be attempting to bring down the barrier between Ludovic and them. Ludovic had some ability to keep the mad girl in check, Kid knew. They were going to need all the help they could get if they were going to win this. This witch, Kid had never heard of her, but he could feel that she was strong. He could see the aura of her soul. It was massive and warped, a little like Ashes’ soul was. She was definitely stronger than Medusa, but she seemed to be a strong as Arachne was. That could be good or bad. The kishin had been able to kill Arachne, and they were able to kill the Kishin. That much was good. However, they never had the chance to go again Arachne, so they really didn’t know what their chances were against a powerful witch.

He saw Maka and Black Star take off to engage. Liz and Patti were asking him what was wrong. He was still looking at Moira. She didn’t look so good. He wondered if she was tapping herself out of magic. However, he couldn’t bring himself to stop her. They needed Ludovic, that much was certain. He looked away from her, though it made his heart feel like lead to do so. A part of him was aware of how much she needed help…but that same part knew that Kid could not help her. Instead, he set his guns on the floor and braced himself as they charged for a Death Canon blow.

“It’s so amusing to me,”
the witch said. “That Death sends children and mad men to face me…” She took tuning forks of all things out of her dress and banged them together—the sound was identical to Ashes’ vibrato. It knocked Soul and Kid both down. However, Black Star just kept coming. Madness did not affect him very well. That was right! His head was a little too thick for that.

“You…” Black Star said, pulling back his fist instead of his katana. “b***h.” He threw his fist into her face and sent her sputtering across the ground like a stone being skipped on a lake. He landed on the ground and ran over to Maka, helping her stand up with Soul in hand. “She fights dirty,” Black Star said. “Tsubaki got hit pretty hard by the sound those forks made. Are you all right?”

Kid stood up. He’d have to recharge his canons all over again. That witch could perform vibrato? What was vibrato anyway? Why did it make his soul feel like it was being clawed apart by wild cats? Like an audio jack was bring pulled out of his brain and sending a high pitched whine through his skull? He looked at Moira to see how she had taken it. He was going to have to establish a defensive perimeter. “I don’t know what those forks are, but Black Star, you’re going to have to get as close as you can and try and take her down. Maka, try to find a good opportunity to slice them out of her hands—but guard Spirit and Stein as best you can. Stay close.” Stein’s soul was so small. Kid could barely see it. What was going on inside of that puppet? Ashes’ soul was still so large—unbelievably large and powerful. Kid wondered if Ludovic somehow had the ability to suppress that too. “Stay close in case they need help, Maka. I don’t know what’s going on in there. I don’t think Stein is in good shape.”

Kid fell back, carrying his guns and setting them up directly in front of Moira. He wasn’t sure what he could do, but he had to keep her safe from the insane witch that was now locked in hand to hand combat with Black Star. If she used that sound again, Kid wasn’t sure what he could do, but for now he’d charge the canons. “Are you all right?” he asked over his shoulder “How is it coming?” The barrier seemed to be almost sound proof. Ludovic was beating against the barrier fitfully, crying and raging like a wild animal. Kid only heard faint knocks against the surface.

((sorry for posting out of order, but I wanted kid to see that Stein's soul was being taken in))

User Image

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
And now I need to know is this real love,
Or is it just madness keeping us afloat?
And when I look back at all the crazy fights we had,
Like some kind of madness was taking control, yeah

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein watches as Ashes wrapped her arms about herself as she attempted to protect her body from his wave length. She had already attempted to throw her own against his, he knew her own wave length was stronger at this moment than his, but he refused to allow her to become a Kishin egg. He need to reach her, maybe even do as Marie had once done for him and gone inside his soul and help him where no other could. Once she was close enough he placed hand on her shoulder and felt both himself and her slump down his head rested against her shoulder as he felt his eyes close. When Stein opened his eyes once more he was inside a dark room, it was round and behind him was a door that was half shut.

The door was covered in what looked to be black paint, but the paint was spreading almost like moss on the side of an old building. Stein glanced about the door and a bucket of paint had spilled over, and the paint itself was starting to bristle at his intrusion of Ashes mind. Then he heard Ashes’ voice, she sat not far from where Stein stood, she was covered in the black paint and from what he could tell she was upset. She spoke of wanting to be stronger, and that she didn’t want to be frail or weak. From what Stein could tell at first he assumed the madness consuming her was one of power.

Ashes mentioned the door that was half open, although as Stein turned his head he noted that the door was only slightly open…he wasn’t even sure if he could get out. Ashes mentioned then that when she had swallowed Giriko that he brought something with him….black poison. Black blood? Stein wondered if this Ramsey witch had known that Ashes would swallow Giriko’s soul and thus ingest the black blood. Stein remained calm and said nothing; he would not speak until Ashes was through.

He watched her and the door as the black blood consumed the door knob, Stein only blinked at it almost watching it with strange fascination. Ashes attempted to push the door, pull the door and ultimately try and open the door to no avail. Stein had a feeling she wouldn’t be able to and even watched as the bits of black ‘paint’ that clung to Ashes seemed to resonate with the black ‘paint’ on the door. He cocked his head slightly and turned he gear out of habit, Ashes then spoke of her mother who wasted away in a sanitarium. Stein never knew this, then again he hadn’t heard much of Ashes he hadn’t been teaching at the academy when she had been enrolled, in fact Cid was probably the only one who knew her or her past.

Stein watched Ashes move across the room, he was doing all he could to think of words to say that could sooth her to heal her, but she wasn’t injured she wasn’t bleeding, he need to figure away to mend that which was broken. Then it crossed his mind, just as her fingers touched his lips, stitches. If he could figure out a way to stitch her soul and maybe working on patching up that which seemed to become unraveled there was a chance at beating this.

You haven’t failed Death,…not yet at least.” Stein replied as he smiled at her words of failing Death, and not being able to protect those closest to her. “You just need to sew yourself back together.” The words seemed odd for Stein to say but he felt it fit the situation. “Ashes, you are becoming unraveled; it is as if this paint is causing you to forget. You are a Meister at the WMA, you stand for just more than yourself you stand for others. Those others are your friends, myself, and even Death. You can’t afford to let them down by letting this creature defeat you.

Stein knelt down and it seemed that as he did so the paint that had pooled about him seemed to almost disperse the moment he knelt beside Ashes. It seemed almost terrified of his light. “If you can’t open that door, no one can….but to open you need to believe in yourself…believe in the power inside of you. Not the power a witch wants you to have. Purify your heart of what others want you to be. Rise above it and you will see that door open with easy. You just need to use the light inside of you…here.” Stein reached forwards he could see the black blood pooling about Ashes but he would be damned if it took her. He leaned forwards with his hand out stretched and touched her heart, he could his own soul reach out to her and as if an invisible needle and thread began to work its magic Stein felt as if he were mending something. Creating one of his infamous stitches, not so much on her body…but on her soul; Stein opened his eyes and smiled to Ashes. “Open the door, and save Ludovic…he needs you…just as much as you need him. Do not let this Kishin eat you….you are strong that it…now is the time to prove it. Show me your light Ashes Falls….show me your light.

Stein’s body twitched and stirred to life as he was being forced from Ashes’ mind, Spirit was doing his best to keep the bulbous shadow puppet from failing, but he wasn’t sure how much longer he could keep it up. He had been slightly distracted watching Maka and the others. Spirit was still Maka’s father and he worried about her, especially against Ramsey. He had only heard rumors of the family she was under, when he was weapon to Maka’s mother. Maka’s mother had insisted on staying out of their quarrel unless of course the family turned their attention to the WMA, then they would have no other choice. But something about them seemed to put her off, and Spirit would almost be tempted to say afraid.

{{ Sorry about the delay, I kinda wanted to do something for Stein where he’s trying to coax out Ashes inner strength, without her becoming a Kishen. I figure he’s probably trying to help her and also create a new door for her to go through, one not covered in the black blood. }}

≠≠≠≠≠
User Image

And now I have finally seen the light,
And I have finally realized
What you need.

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image
Moira "Moi" WhiteWolf
I've been to the mountain left my tracks in the snow
Where souls have been lost and the walking wounded go
I've taken the pain no girl should endure

Moira nodded her head to Stein as he instructed her to rip apart the barrier, which in sense was easy and yet hard at the same time. Each witch had their own style of magic, some witches were akin to chants to keep a spell going others were able to cast the spell and have it remain. Such was the case in the form of this barrier, and it was strong. Moira inspected it first, her brother stood beside her almost wishing they could fight as well just to lend any sort of support they could to the others. But both Zev and Fenrir knew well enough that they would be at half their strength as they relied on Moira for her own strength. Zev plopped down and sniffed the shield and stuck out his tongue he hated the smell of it, Fenrir only narrowed his eyes at the witch. As Moira began to touch the shield the sound from Ramsey’s vibrato carried and all three wolven children fell to the ground in immense pain.

Having enhanced hearing also meant that such attacks would be painful. Moira nearly let out a scream of pain, her brothers covered their ears and curled up while Moira shut her eyes and fell to the ground in pain. Once the vibrato had stopped she did her best to kneel and then stand. They didn’t have a lot of time, and Moira was already feeling the magic ebb away at her fingertips. Then she got an idea, quickly tearing a few pieces of her dress she fashioned small ear plugs and handed them to her brothers. Once placed in their ears Moira used a sort of sign language to communicate between her brothers. She stared at Ludovic from inside, he seemed to distraught by all that was going on around him. Moira only wished she’d have the strength to rip the barrier from its place.

As she touched the barrier she could feel it sizzle around her and spark at her finger tips, she pondered a few more moments then thought of something. She instructed Zev and Fenrir to transform only part of their leg to a chain from their chain scythe form. It would act as a conductor between all three. Moira knew this art and hoped it would be enough, she was already running on low power as it was. Zev gave her a worried glance but she shook it off and signed that there was no time. Moira instructed both her brothers to place their hands on the shield, she watch them growl softly as the shield sparked at her fingertips. Moira chanted softly and placed her own finger tips to the barrier; she shut her eyes and allowed her own magic to flow about them. The three of them began to glow, as Moira’s chant became louder, so did her brothers who were doing their best to throw in their own voices. Feeling the magic swell within her Moira used every ounce of magic she had to tear through the barrier.

At first it seemed as if it did nothing. Maka who had been doing her best to capture Ramsey’s attention so that Black Star could surprise her again with his own menace glanced towards Moira. It was as if everyone was holding their breathing hoping the little witch could break through. A few minutes passed and nothing, Maka was beginning to wonder if Ramsey just held to much power over them. But then in an odd twist of fates Maka noticed something strange, Moira’s body was beginning to change, on top of her head small little nubs began to form that almost resembled ears. Pulling back, Maka heard Soul ask what was going on; but even Maka had no clue. Now atop Moira’s head was a pair of wolf like ears and now a tail swirled behind her it was grey and silver like that of the wolves of the north. She was still chanting but her eyes had shifted once again to those gold orbs and Maka was beginning to grow concerned.

Moira could not feel herself changing; she could not feel the tail that had sprouted behind her nor the ears atop her head. Just that she needed to complete this task and she would not let this Ramsey women stop her. Moira could feel herself waning and getting tired but she closed her eyes and kept going, someone was calling out to her but she ignored it. Using the last amount of strength left inside of herself she pushed forth the magic and watched the shield crack and start to fall away like piece of a porcelain vase that had fallen to the floor. Her magic ended, and her body slumped to the ground, hands were about her but Moira could no longer see nor hear the voices from a distance. As Moira’s body fell to the ground Zev quickly changed his form and ran to his sister’s side, as did Fenrir. Fenrir however glanced to Ludovic, “Go to your meister…she needs you.” He growled.

How pale is the sky that brings forth the rain
As the changing of seasons prepares me again
For the long bitter nights and the wild winter's day
My heart has grown cold my love stored away

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Committee Staff Shopper

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⇘⇘ A s h e sxxF a l l ⇘⇘

L u do v i c -- S c a n d u l e s c u

I know that no stream can ever fill the sea,

I realize that from wisdom comes much sorrow,

I understand that the fate of the fool still overtakes the wise --

these things i recognize as true, I do

but I cannot accept them right now

Ludovic practically soared past Moira when the wall came down. He noticed that the girl was weak, but he knew he had to get to Ashes or he would lose his friend. He pulled back his fist, watching the bulbous creature break apart and disappear. He saw Stein first, and then Ashes. He clenched his jaw and tightened his fist. “REEESTART—“ He threw his fist into the exact center of Ashes’ forehead just as her eyes opened. “BUTTON!”

The impact of the blow was enough to send Ashes flying—not really because of Ludovic’s strength or because of the power of his soul menace, but because their souls were such opposites that they pushed each other away like magnets when Ludovic used any kind of force.

Ashes hit the wall with wide eyes. Her soul seemed to burst and split at a seam. She coughed blood and red and green souls. She fell off the wall and landed on her knees, coughing and gagging. The green of her soul became a shade of deep blue and then light blue. There was a small stitch mark where one could imagine the “cheek” of her soul being. She stood up slowly, on wobbling legs—human legs. “Ah… Ludovic?” Her eyes focused on him , running towards her and transforming. Ashes turned around so he could lock onto her back. The wings spread.

“Don’t you EVER do something this stupid again!” he said. She could see the reflection of his face in the wings.

“I feel really… baby deer like…”
Ashes looked at all the souls that had escaped out of her.

Spirit grabbed one of the souls by the tail and ate it. “Leave the eating to the weapons, will you, kid? Damn…” it was like Christmas, with all the floating lights everywhere. Easily around 100 red bulbs and a few scattered green ones.

Ramsey just smiled. She banged the forks together and Maka fell out of the air in mid swing and crashed into Black Star with Soul. “So…you think it’s that easy to mend your soul? I’ll give you some advice…Once something has been twisted, it can never truly be straightened.”

“I don’t know if I can fight like this…” Ashes said, trying to keep her bearings.

Black Star forced himself to stand. “This witch clearly doesn’t know who she’s dealing with if she thinks a little noise is going to hold the great Black Star back,” he said, black lines growing across his face and down his arms.

“I don’t know if I can…keep this up…” Tsubaki said. Though Black Star was practically immune, Tsubaki was at the end of her rope. Those forks rattled her very being.

“We have to do something,” Ludovic said. His soul began to swell.

“What are you doing?”

“Match me.”

Ashes did nothing for a moment, feeling Ludovic’s soul grow and swirl inside of her. She had never resonated with Ludovic before. It had always seemed too dangerous…and what was the likelihood that they could resonate on the first try like this?

“We have to do something,” Ludovic repeated.

“All right.” Ashes widened her stance and turned her feet inward. “All right! Let’s do this! Soul Resonance!” Ashes pushed her soul against Ludovic more than resonated with him. Their souls clashed and ground together, practically causing sparks as they forced up against one another and then melted into each other. Once mixed, they swirled in a tight spiral, synchronizing together. Ludovic transformed into a full body suit, like a futuristic knight. The wings became metal planks that floated from her back like five thin coffins. There were lances in the place of Ashes’ arms. Ludovic was weaponized.

“My oh my…” Ramsey just grinned. “How delightful.”

“Shut up!” Maka shouted, pulling up Soul. “Soul Resonance!” She screamed and Soul grew large.

“I’m afraid I’m done playing, children.”
Ramsey hopped backwards and landed beside the body of the witch she meant to revive. “You’ve only caused a minor setback in my plans… You’ll see me again.”

“You’re not going anywhere!” Ashes’ voice echoed behind the helmet. The wings splayed and she hovered off the ground, charging towards Ramsey like she had jets.

“Mm.” Ramsey snapped her fingers.

Ashes felt something strange—like something was slapped onto the inside of her sternum. The resonance broke and she felt to the ground. She and Ludovic both hit the ground hard and rolled down the stairs.

“I had fun…children.” Ramsey smiled, picking up the body of the witch and disappearing into a cloud of purple smoke before Black Star could reach her. All he hit was smoke.

“Damn it!” Black Star frowned. “Coward!”

It's okay if I'm a bit unstable
I've been doing just fine on my own
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't care if I am in denial
It's a mild syndrome

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
And now I need to know is this real love,
Or is it just madness keeping us afloat?
And when I look back at all the crazy fights we had,
Like some kind of madness was taking control, yeah

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein had decided to pile everyone back into the vehicle, he had used Black Star and Kid to help the wounded inside. Spirit of course was doting on poor Maka who seemed to just sit in silence as Soul kept Spirit from going overboard. Moira and her bothers where propped up in the back along with Tsubaki who seemed to be watching over the twins as well as their newest student. Stein had also cradled Ashes and Ludovic alongside himself and Spirit changed his form into the scythe to conserve room. Black Star ran alongside the vehicle, most likely to run out the anger he held against Ramsey. So Ramsey was behind this. Stein rubbed his temples, of all times, he wondered if Death already knew of her arrival and it was the reason he had sent them. None of them were on her level, and it would seem she had grown in her power or had something to amplify it. Neither idea Stein liked, it would seem their long forgotten past would be coming back to haunt them. He tiled his head back slightly as he drove back, he worried if that meant Maka’s mother would return,…when she had left he knew that Spirit and Maka both were affected.

The ride hadn’t taken long, and it after Death had explained about the temple and had taken writings and samples back Stein was feeling exhausted. He picked Ashes up and cradled her in his arms; she looked so peaceful sleeping and resting. Cid and Maire came to help get the wounded inside, but Stein remained carrying Ashes till she was laid out on a gurney. Why was it he was so drawn to this women, she was a student and he was a teacher. He was supposed to be protecting them, teaching them how to work side by side. Ramsey however seemed to make this difficult, and had all but severed Ludovic and Ashes’ bond. He could see the soft changes in color to Ashes’ soul, and it made him nervous. Stein shut his eyes and remembered how she nearly dwelt in to chaos and allowed herself to become a Kishin.

Marie sensed that Stein was over worked and brought him a warm mug of tea, she reported that both twins were resting and Moira’s vitals were weak but slowly making progress. She also notated that most of the writing they had taken from the temple were old Witch’s writings so it was a hope that when Moira was feeling better she could help in delivering the writings. Stein only nodded his head, and twisted his screw at times hoping that it would quiet his ever thinking mind. Marie took her leave but mentioned that Death had called for him. Stein only stood up from his rolling stool to stretch his arms, there was no doubt the big guy wanted a full report on what happened. What Stein didn’t seem to understand was just what was it that Ramsey had been after at the temple? There hadn’t been anything outside of the witches writing and a few mason jars. It reminded him of the old pyramids and the embalming jars that the ancients had once used.

Figuring it was as good a time as any to leave, he was glad no one was around. Stein made his way towards Ashes bedside, he stared down at her. Without even thinking of what he was doing or the fact that someone could walk in to see them he bent down and brushed a strand of hair out of her sleeping face. “You idoit….why did you have to go and do it.” He whispered and his will power returned once more. Stein quickly pulled his thoughts from Ashes and stood back up; he kept a wary eye towards the door but heard no one and was thankful for his luck. Leaving the hospital wing he gave Ashes bed on last look before he turned to leave. Maire was sitting at the front desk of the nurse’s room jotting down notes and keeping a wary eye on the twins and Moira who seemed pale and sweating. “Seems like you’ll be having your hands full here.” He smirked and gave a nod of his head before leaving towards Death’s gate.

Upon entering he could see two mirror’s; the one on the left was of an agent he hadn’t recognized whose form itself was shadowed. The mirror to the right was the other mirror, it held Moira’s mother, and the only reason Stein remembered was because of her mark on her left eye. It had been healed with magic, if not replaced. One eye was crimson red and held several runes about it; the other was emerald green that seemed to change to lighter and darker shades depending on the light. In the background he could hear the howls of wolves; he wondered just where their clan was hiding now. Stein however remained silent as he took a seat beside the Lord Death. His mask had changed it was far less happy and present this was harder and held sharper features. Stein wondered if he was troubled by Ramsey’s sudden appearance. Zen spoke again.

Once again Lord Death I begin to question if you have a full grasp of the situation at hand. Do you realize what this means with Ramsey’s return. We’ve fought her once before., and we were only able to contain her madness, now imagine what she could do with such raw power; or worst make this Ashes Falls a Kishin.”

That won’t happen.” Stein glowered at the mirror.

Oh and I suppose you’re the one who intends to protect her?” Zen replied her eyes narrowed.

Stein sheepishly looked away, he had to realize at some point that he was not a weapon he could only do what his skills had taught him. He was not a weapon’s expert, he was just a scythe meister. Death continued with the meeting, he would have a scouting party search out other temples and any where there was high witch activity. For now the students would have to rest and recover their strength for the coming days. Stein didn’t know what Ramsey had planned but he got the overwhelming sense that it wasn’t good.

≠≠≠≠≠
User Image

And now I have finally seen the light,
And I have finally realized
What you need.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items