• Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Tick Tock goes the clock
And what now shall we play?
Tick Tock goes the clock
Now summer's gone away

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein had been having such a good dream, he had been dancing…he had been more importantly dancing with Ashes. But something happened and the world it was spinning and finally it was as if he was being tipped to the side and suddenly the dream was swirling about in madness. It nearly consumed him till he forced himself to remember where he was. He was at the academy and it was currently being attacked by Renegade. His body twitched as it was dumped from Ashes arms, as he slowly rose he rubbed his temple, god his head hurt. He growled softly to himself, “Damn it Spirit….” He finally stood and shook of the nearly half conscious state he turned around to note that he was actually standing in one of the hallways leading to the Death room. But as he turned back he caught something else, Ashes! She was nearly crumbled into a fetal position with deep cuts nearly saturated in blood. “Ashes!” worry was present in his voice, a tone that even he found himself a bit shocked to hear.

I bet you did,…now hang on just a bit longer for me alright….we’ve got to finish that dance.” Stein was doing his best to keep Ashes conscious and not fall into shock. He pulled out his old familiar friends, a needle and thread. This thread was used in the medical field for stitching, while he did his best to shield her body with his own cradled around hers. Stein began to work on stitching up the wounds nearest her gut which were bleeding profusely. Once he had those stitched so that that they could not get infected. He quickly tore his lab coat off and tore it into shreds providing tunicate’s to several of Ashes’s wounds. Off in the distance he could hear people shouting, along with the familiar sounds of Marie and Ludovic.

Over here, hurry she’s lost a lot of blood.

Marie was quick to Ashes side, she could tell how worried Stein was for the girl just by how his hands shook. In all the years Marie had known Stein, she knew he never once had a problem with his hands shaking. Hell the man dissected things for a living he was used to blood and organs and limbs but for some reason seeing Ashes like this it unnerved him some. Stein made to move, he was furious every part of him wanted to go outside and grab Spirit by his handle regardless if the weapon was drunk or not. He wanted to run Spirit through Free, he wanted to dissect him. Stein could feel the madness swelling within him. It wasn’t until Marie grabbed at his pant leg and looked up at him. Shaking her head she forced him to kneel beside Ashes and keep her head steady. “You won’t do anyone any good if you go looking for revenge. Besides Maka and Soul are still out there I’m sure they’ll do just fine.” Marie mentioned. “Alright Stein I’m going to need you to carry her in with us, Ludovic...sweetheart can you be a dear and make sure her madness doesn’t I don’t know somehow escape while she’s resting.” Marie was doing her best to include Ludovic as he was very important to Ashes and seeing her like this would most likely affect the weapon.

≠≠≠≠≠

Maka nodded her head when Soul had stopped Ashes, she smiled to herself happy to see Soul showing a bit more compassion for others. Her father was already leaned up against a tree blabbing about something or another, figures the one time he was needed and he’s drinking on the job. Feh, some things never change. But there was still another opponent that needed to be dealt with. Free,…the wolfman, the immortal creature. Maka moved towards Soul, her wave length swelled as she moved towards where she could hear the sounds of fighting. As she and Soul drew near she felt something, almost like a shockwave. Stopping Maka watched in horror as Free stabbed his claw from what Maka could see into Moi’s gut. “No…” she felt her heart stop, they were too late. From where Maka was she could see her twin brothers already about her and Liz and Patti beside Kid who looked like he was roughed up a bit but not by much. He would need help if he was going to take on Free by himself. “Soul….” She turned to her partner. “Let’s go.” her voice was darker, her left hand was now a fist, trembling in anger.
≠≠≠≠≠
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tick Tock goes the clock
And all those years they fly
Tick Tock goes the clock
Your love shall surely die

The Committee Staff Shopper

Death the Kid
Free was relentless. He let the girl slash at him a few times just so he could take a strike at her. He didn’t care. He wanted her dead as much as their mistress wanted her dead. She was not only an insult to her kind, but she was a symbol in his mind of why he felt so alone and unwanted. It was only adding more injury to injury when she killed Eruka. Free was determined to end her—all three of them. All three of them would die.

Only Moira mattered to their mistress because she actually had witch’s powers. Only free had a problem with the brothers because they came from his clan. They were a disgrace. Zen was a disgrace for having children with a weapon. He had to admit, though, despite all of his rage, he was having fun. These pups were so arrogant. They had no idea what they were up against. They were powerful, but they were still so terribly naïve. “I’m immortal,” he said when she insinuated that his blood meant he could die. “You pathetic excuse for a wolf.” She was getting tired. They were all getting tired. He summoned ice spikes around them to tire them out more so than to slow them down. Eventually, when they pulled out the stops and used their resonance, he threw them against the school just like everyone else. They didn’t understand real power. They couldn’t because they chained themselves to the DWMA.

“That was close,” he said, summoning more spikes around the trio. “I got a little tired…” but his rage gave him newfound strength. It would be embarrassing to have to retreat when so many people had been downed. He’d have to thank that loud Ashes girl before he killed her. She had only helped him in the end.

That Maka girl came at him next. Scythe meisters were too easy, though. He just came forward when she went to strike. The pole of the scythe hit his side fairly hard, but Free managed to wrap his giant hand around Maka’s face. He pressed the skull tightly, his snout sniffing her. He grinned. “You smell afraid.” His claws dug into the base of her scalp. “You’re all so brave!” He threw Maka on the ground and kicked her hard enough to send her and her scythe crashing through ice spikes and into the school with the others. They were all right where he wanted them now. “Wolf, wolf, wolves, wolf wolf…” he muttered, summoning a giant piece of ice into his arms. He stared down at the brother that was willing to keep fighting. “So brave… but what real power do you have?” He hurled the ice. “Huh!?”

“Death cannon!” Kid shouted. He had managed to resonate with Liz and Patti once more after a great bit of pulling himself together. There was blood on his face, over his eyes like a mask, but he knew he couldn’t let a concussion stop him at a time like this. No injury would make him give up. The blast went through the ice and into Free. Free went down. Kid knew he was only going to get back up, but he knew he had to keep trying. Kid started charging up again. He just needed one more big charge before Free got up again. Just one more. Ashes, Stein, and Moi had all torn him down enough that Kid knew he was close to his physical limit.

That was when Kid heard a whistling sound. It sounded like a fighter jet. He looked up and saw something yellow crash and explode into Free like a bomb. Kid covered his face with his arms as lightning cracked and debris flew. He couldn’t see what made the explosion, but he could see Free. He looked like he was done. He could hear the witches above panicking. They seemed to realize that without Free, there wasn’t really a fight to be had. Liz and Patti returned to their human forms. Kid stumbled over to Moira and looked down at her. He smiled. “I think it’s over for now. I’m not sure what happened, but it’s definitely time to go inside now.” He picked her up. She was lighter than his guns. She actually felt fragile at the moment. “You’re as stubborn as everyone else here. That alone proves that you belong here. Did you know that?”

Kid was right. He saw the witches retreating with what was left of Free. Black Star was running after them, but stopped when he was almost out of the sight of the school, waving his fist and screaming at them to not be so cowardly. That was Black Star. He just smiled and looked at Moi’s brothers. “You all fought very well today. I’m sure my father would be proud of everyone here.” Unfortunately, Free was now their enemy. He fought harder than Kid had ever seen someone fight when he fought Moi. He was driven by pure rage. That emotion…Kid didn’t want to see someone fighting like that ever again. It was worse than madness.

Soul was helping Maka stand up and looked at Kid. “He’s going to be back, isn’t he?” he said. “I just don’t get how we’re supposed to take down someone who’s immortal, you know? I’m not even sure how that’s possible.” He held his head. “What a pain…” he looked at Maka. “Idiot…you let him get too close,” he said. “Are you okay?” Where had that explosion come from? It looked like lightning struck Free down. “I think we had a lucky break…” he looked at the clouds.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⇘⇘ A s h e sxxF a l l ⇘⇘

L u do v i c -- S c a n d u l e s c u

I know that no stream can ever fill the sea,

I realize that from wisdom comes much sorrow,

I understand that the fate of the fool still overtakes the wise --

these things i recognize as true, I do

but I cannot accept them right now

Ashes just smiled up at Stein and gave him a weak wink. “Hey, don’t be so romantic or people will think you’re a pervert, all right?" she said. "I go through this all the time.” She cringed when she was lifted. “Though, admittedly, the cuts aren’t usually this deep. And I’m usually out of my mind.” Ludovic was becoming more and more hostile lately about her keeping her sanity. She couldn’t understand it. Why were people so against her using this powerful technique? It was a way to get her body stronger. It gave her new limits, and she had to see that limit no matter what.

“She’ll be okay…” Ludovic said quietly. There was a sad distance in his voice when he said this. As Ashes was stitched up, slowly, it looked like her skin was moving. A trick of the eye, it seemed, but after a moment it was like her skin swallowed itself at its torn edges and zipped up, forming new scars. It disturbed Ludovic. Ashes’ body had started doing strange things like that ever since she started swallowing her first soul. It was much faster now after eating that weapon. He was afraid. He knew one day, unless he intervened, his friend wouldn’t be human anymore. “She’s…always okay.”

Soul menace gathered on Ashes’ legs like a buzzing chainsaw, spinning and bringing her up to a standing position. Woozy, she leaned against a pillar and vomited blood. She wiped her mouth and slowly looked out a window. “Glad to get that out of my system.” She put her hand on the glass. She had to help Moi. She was new to the school, and Moi was just like her. Against all odds, she was doing something impossible. Ashes had to protect her right to be whatever she wanted to be.

Ludovic grabbed her shoulder. He looked tired. “Ashes, please. Just stay. You took down one on them already. That’s enough. He’s immortal.” He pulled her away from the window. Gently, so gently. He didn’t want her to go into her madness right now. “You can’t possibly have enough blood. Don’t fight.”

“If I ask you to fight with me, you’d let me go,” Ashes said quietly. “What you’re really asking me is to stay away from madness.”

“…” Ludovic’s eyes softened. “That’s right. I’m asking you not to do it. You saw what happened. It didn’t matter how many times you cut it. It didn’t matter how many times you hit it. It just kept coming. It’s immortal, Ashes. Using your madness only made it stronger. It doesn’t matter if you can make it stagger if it doesn’t have a weak point.” He wrapped his arms around her from behind, enveloping her. “I know you think that it doesn’t matter if you get hurt because you always managed to get pieced together, but please don’t go. I’m worried one day there won’t be enough of you to put back together one day.” He squeezed her. “Going back out there is insane.”

Ashes thought about that day. The day when her body could do no more. It sounded like such a day would be peaceful. She would know that she had reached the limit then. “You know the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result,” she said. “I’m not insane.” She opened the window and climbed on the sill. What was left of Marie’s dress fell off of her, revealing a black sports bra and skin-tight black pants that came to her knees. “But I am crazy.” She looked over her shoulder. “Sorry about the dress, Marie.” She hopped off the sill before she could be grabbed. “Let’s go, Ludovic.”

Ludovic dove out of the window and transformed. He and Ashes soared up into the air and above the cloud cover. Ashes felt light headed. Her body hurt. It was difficult to be sane, but she would push her body to its limit because she had to. Other than her madness, she had made a promise to Lord Death when she was a small child. She promised she would do anything for him because he believed in her.

“What’s the plan?” Ludovic asked.

“Dive bomb.” Ashes closed her eyes. She waited for a sound that was inevitable. The firing of a death cannon, the same one Kid had used just earlier in the fight. Ashes let herself fall. She and Ludovic built up speed. The wings whistled through the air. Ashes gathered soul menace on her fist. It sparked like lightning and rattled like a chainsaw. She saw the slashed and smoking body of the wolf Free. She closed her eyes and made contact. The energy that had gathered on her skin exploded on contact in wild crackling hairs of electricity. Ashes was blown back after a few moments. Ludovic wrapped his wings around her so they rolled away from the scene. Ashes panted and grinned. “Ashes” she said through pants. “Fall.” The edges of her vision were growing dark, but she could make out Spirit in the distance, passed out, safe and sound, on the grass. "Yes, they do."

It's okay if I'm a bit unstable
I've been doing just fine on my own
I don't care if I am in denial
It's a mild syndrome

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image
Moira "Moi" WhiteWolf
And you'll see
I'm more than meets the eye.
You think that
You'll break me..

Moi's body had crumpled under Free's attack, her brother encircled her Ze was checking her pulse but the wound on her side was deep and she was loosing blood fast. Fenrir stood out in front of his brother just in case Free would try any thing however it would seem that Maka had caught his attention. But even she was thrown aside...well she was slammed against the ground. Fenrir watched in horror as her body was smashed over and over. "b*****d!" He yelled, and nearly made to run forwards. However Kid raised his own weapons and fired his Death cannon towards Free. He watched as it barely made an indent in the immortal, but just as Fenrir thought this would battle would be drawing to its end; a sharp noise called from above. Fenrir flattened his ears and stared up trying to figure out just where it was coming from. In one quick blast the bright light nearly blinded him and he was forced to sheild his eyes as he noticed the others were doing as well.

As the flash dissipated Fenrir could see that Free was unconscious and his body was steaming, towards the far right of his smoking body was Ashes and Ludovic. He remembered how odd Ashes scent was as well as Ludovics...only Ashes was a bit played down due in part to the flowers in her hair. Although by now those petals were nearly destroyed or some petals had remeained. She mentioned her name ...Ashes...fall, and something else but Fenrir didn't pay it any mind at the moment. He was just greatful for assistance. Two of the witches who had been fighting Black Star quickly flew down and picked up Free's body. Fenrir charged after them in an attempt to fend them off, but they were quicker than the young pup. They grabbed Free's body and took off using a teleportation spell and bounced throughout Death city. "Damn it!" Fenrir replied he and Black Star ranted about the witches turning tail as it were. Zev however was cradling his sister's body in his arms, he was worried, her shirt was beginning to dampen with her blood, and he glanced at Kid who scooped her up in his arms. "Please be careful...she's lost a lot of blood." he replied hesitantly and watched as he held Moi in his arms.

As Moi was lifted into Kid's arms, she felt as if darkness swam about her. Having been knocked unconscious made for things to feel out of sorts. She hardly knew where up and down was. She felt scared, she knew Free had cut her with nearly an intent to kill. It was obvious that the frog witch was a dear friend...or someone who mattered to Free. Thoughts swam in her mind as well back to her time with her clan, and with her mother. She couldn't feel if Zev was still beside here just that she was in another persons arms. Normally she would have struggled, she would have tried her hardest to run away. But this person...this stranger had a pleasant scent and Moi found herself quite comfortable in his grasp.

Maka's head hurt...hell she was sure everything hurt right now. She had been rash to charge the immortal head on, but thats how she faught. Soul was helping her stand, Fenrir however seemed to look over almost asking her if she would be alright. "I know I know." she huffed as she did her best to stand on her own. She hated having to rely on others, but she knew if it was one person who she could lean on it was Soul. He had proven that to her that she need to learn to accept other peoples help,...even your weapons. Sou asked if she was alright, she smiled, "I took down a Kishin, an Imortal dog...I think we can do this Soul....just...maybe not right now." she gave a sheepish grin to her partner but never the less gave him the thumbs up. She allowed him to help her limp back behind Kid and the others. Fenir had Ashes on his shoulders while Zev had Ludovic. Zev had whined about Ashes smelling too funny for him to carry her, so he forced his brother into carrying the one with the odd scent.

Once the fight ended, Death muddled at the sight of Free and knew that Spirit would be in need of a serious talking to; maybe even a good old fashion Reaper Chop for now defending the students. Granted many of them didn't need the assistance, he was fairly certain that even any intervention might have prevented all of this. Since Maka had hardly come away with any realy damage she mearly went back to the dorm with Soul leading her the entire way down. However for Kid, Moi, Ashes, Ludovic and the meisters weapons it was off to Marie's unoffical office. Marie had been chatting with proffesor Stein, until she saw Kid walk through first with Moi in his arms. "Oh my god, get her on the table, Stein I may need your help." She allowed Kid to set Moi down on the gurney, and just after he entered she looked up at Moi's brothers and nearly felt her eyes widden in suprise. "Damn that girl, I swear just when I get her patched up she finds a way to under mind my work. Stein she need intensive care right away, and possible surgery." Marie quickly cut at Maka's dress and attempted to user the boys out, but Fenrir and Zev refused to move. Even when she attmepted to swat at them in her weapon form. Sighing in defeat she did however pull up a tented sheet while she worked to give Moi some privacy as she worked.

Two hours later and Marie had placed the final touches on the sutures, washing her hands she walked out to the boys and smiled gently at each one of them. "Go home,...Moi is resting and I'm sure she'll be up for visitors in the morning. She's lost alot of blood, so I'm running a transfusion now. It was hard to do as she is the daughter of a witch and a weapon so it is quite dificult to say how fast or slow her recovery shall be. But she's a fighter...I just know she'll pull through." Hearing her name being called Marie urged the boys to go home, but regardless new Stein needed her help with Ashes.

I burn!
Can't hold me now,
You got nothing that can stop me.
I burn!
Swing all you want.
Like a fever I will take you down.

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock
Now summer's gone away

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein was shocked when Ashes had nearly stated she was refusing to listen to both Ludovic who seemed to be her source of reason and Marie who was simply stating what the human body could and could not endure. Although Stein thought more about it and nothing about Ashes seemed normal, not the way she fought nor what he had seen. Humans never ate souls, it would make them ill, or turn to madness. Weapons on the other hand were different, they could ingest souls just fine. In fact this is how Death collected souls and could keep a running tally for the students, but of course there were those considered to be Kishin eggs. He began to wonder and hope that Ashes wasn't straying the path. Granted Lord Death had been pretty specific when he mentioned not ingesting innocent souls, evil souls were considered Kishin eggs and need to be removed from the world about them.

He watched as she made the executive decision to jump from the balcony and use Ludovic as her means of perpetuation. "Ashes!" Stein made to move to stop her, how she just turned winked and apologized to Marie about her dress. As soon as she was free from the window sill Stein stared out at her, she soared above the battlefield and down at their target. Stein was nearly about ready to climb out after her. But Marie grabbed his arm, "Stein you don't have a scythe, and I can't fly. Let her do this." Marie was concerned for Ashes but she also knew that she was suborn and would need to learn this harsh lesson herself. Marie pulled his attention away mentioning they needed to get to the Death room and make sure the others students were alright. Stein nodded his head and hurried into the room fallowing Marie.

Each student was given a look over, everyone seemed unscathed for now. The students were sent to their dorms as soon as it was clear. Sid and Nigus gave their report, it would seem Renegade was merely testing its limits to see what could be done against the DWMA. Lord Death mused about this, Sid asked if they should institute mandatory curfews and Lord Death shook his mask like face. "No cur views won't do at all, we all know Black Star would be the first to break it." Stein glanced up towards Lord Death, "Still this attack proves they are testing the waters. Why now Lord Death?"

"Some believe that the war between the witches and the reapers is written in stone that we are enemies. So those who seek to fight against the evil witches, those who seek to gain more power and corrupt the souls of innocents, the same who wish to revive the Kisin into this worlds; those witches were the same that formed this group...and many others. They despise Moira and all that she and her brothers stand for." He paused almost as if he were in thoughts."Although....what troubles me Stein, is I'm sure what you saw with Ashes' fight against Grinko,....it troubles me to see her eat that soul. Grinko was an evil soul, a Kishin egg if you will, but for a human to eat a soul.....it will damage their own...and I fear what out little Ashes will do when that time comes." Death replied as he glanced back to his mirror and noticed that the battle had ended. "You'd better go I expect Marie's powers as a Death Scythe may very well be tested."

Marie let out a low breath of air and shook her head, "Kids I swear!" she muttered trying hard to improve Stein's mood. But it would seem no amount of small talk would clear his mind. He was worried, Ashes a Kishin? He prayed that maybe she wasn't aware of the risks she was taking. Stein allowed Marie to make him tea, he refused coffee as of the moment because he knew it would be a long night but he also feared that then he would not rest. Stein wondered if that meant he would be up thinking about Kishin. Rubbing his temples he took a deep breath and drank his tea, doing his best not to think on it any more. Marie spoke a few more times with him, while he only replied in short curt answers. He heard the sound of shuffled feet, and a few hushed voices. Glancing up just as Kid entered, now that was odd, Kid almost never visited the infirmary. Stein looked down and noticed Moi was in arms, even more so she was injured. He could see the blood dripping from her wound, Marie was already on it and moved a gurney to allow Kid to place Moi on the stretcher. Stein waited till he saw Moi's brothers Fenrir and Zev both of them were carrying two people on their backs. Ludovic and Ashes. Stein's eyes widened but he said nothing, instead he quickly hurried about the small nurse's station.

Prepping two tables, he set up Ashes on a sort of 'Life' support he had rigged it to keep her stable till he could work on her. Ludovic on the other hand was a bit harder to asses, while he was a weapon and could be repaired, and often times weapons were able to bounce back from such wounds. However whatever crazy plan Ashes had concocted had led to several burn marks on Ludovic's arms and legs, he was fortunate not to have any internal bleeding or hemorrhaging. Stein spent about an hour and a half fixing Ludovic and getting him to at least a better place than when he entered, they would all need time. Walking his gurney out he moved it behind the twins who sat beside their sister, worry filled their eyes as they looked on hoping she'd be alright. Stein only stopped to stare at the witch, she was very brave....very brave indeed.

Hurrying back to this other patient Stein knew he would need time, and he would need help. He attempted to do what he could on his own but after a half hour he turned and called for Marie who he assumed was just finishing with Moi. She shouted back, "Coming!" and sure enough a few moments later she returned. Another hour passed, between Marie's own healing arts, and Stein's medical training, Ashes was once again peiced back together. Well she had been in one piece before but her organs had taken a beating, and Stein had been grateful once again that she had not experienced internal bleeding. Although her lungs were quite scared, he made sure Maire healed those along with any other internal injuries. No more throwing up blood. Stein sewed her chest back up and made sure she had an iv drip to replenish the fluids she had lost during the fight. Wheeling her beside Ludovic on his right side with Moira on the left Stein felt exhausted, he could see Marie was nearly spent. Even as a Death Scythe it take energy and Marie was losing hers. She offered to stay to watch over the students, but Stein sent her home. He noticed that Fenrir and Zev had not moved and sat at either side of Moi, each one taking turns staying up with her. He smirked, how odd.

{{ Sorry if this drolled along, writting this while half awake....yay. I felt like I was writing the scene in the Soap opera where everyone is in the hospital because some character is in a coma...lol }}

≠≠≠≠≠

Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock

Death the Kid
Kid didn’t know what to do.

After handing Moi over, he had sat down in one of the chairs with his head hanging and his arms limply balanced on his knees. He couldn’t believe that he had been bested like that. He couldn’t believe how bad that had almost been…and just because he couldn’t charge a second Death Cannon fast enough. “Disgusting..” he said quietly. Liz tried to get him out of his funk, but Kid just ignored her. He didn’t listen to what anyone said.

He thought of the night, how it had been just a few hours before. He had been teaching a girl how to dance. He had been watching her face, her mouth—how it would tense nervously and smile without hindrance when she did something right. He thought about what he father had said to him, that he was supposed to be friends with Moira Whitewolf, that it was important. He was told he had to protect her no matter what, for the sake of the whole world. Kid had been dreading it, but Moi was just a sweet girl. She was sweet, and she had spirit. She was strong. She didn’t deserve what she got tonight. She didn’t deserve to be attacked…and she didn’t deserve friends that would let her get banged up like that.

Kid knew he was strong enough to take on a Kishin. He had enough spirit. He knew he could do anything…but he knew it wasn’t always perfect. He had to be perfect, now. Someone he was responsible for needed him. He gripped his bangs with one of his hands and closed his eyes. He needed to be so much stronger. He needed to be the kind of man that his father would be proud of and someone that Moi could depend on.

“Kid, I really need you to snap out of this, okay? You’re scaring Patti…” Liz said after a while of being ignored. “Look, Marie is taking care of Moi. It’s going to be all right. Snap out of it! We won!” she shouted. Still, Kid didn’t even look up. Liz grunted and squeezed her hand into tight fist. She punched Kid, taking a leaf out of Ludovic’s book. “I’m talking to you!”

Kid looked up, stunned. Somehow, he wasn’t angry. When he looked up at Liz, he knew he was looking at a friend. He was looking at someone who loved him enough to hit him when he needed to snap out of his own thoughts. Kid smiled and touched his cheek. He stood. “Yeah…I’m sorry…”

“Should you have punched him?” Tsubaki asked, tapping two of her fingers together. “I mean… he did hit the wall really hard, I thought. I mean… he might have a concussion.”

“Nah, Kid is tough,” Black Star said. “Though I’m not sure why you guys got so beat up. Way to be total losers.” He smirked confidently. “I’m going to expect much better next time, Kid. I surpassed all greatness, after all. I can’t afford to have weak friends.” He pointed at Fenrir. “I mean, look at you. You’re covered in blood. That’s just unacceptable.”

“It’s not his,” Soul said. “I think Ashes threw up on him…” Was that girl always throwing up blood? Jeez. “But Black Star’s right.” Soul put his hands behind his head. “We all need to get stronger or he’s going to leave us in the dust,” he teased. He knew Black Star just wanted to cheer Kid up. He could demean himself for a noble cause.

“…” Kid smiled and nodded. “I wouldn’t want to lose one of my best friends, so I guess I’ll toughen up.” He nodded again and let his hand drop. When everyone was told to leave, Kid stayed, but told Liz and Patti to go ahead and head home. He went to look at Moi. He needed to see his mistakes. Every scratch, cut, and stitch that was viewable… these were his mistakes. He squeezed his hands into fists. “This won’t happen again…”

He walked up next to where Zen was sitting—mostly because Fenrir smelled really bad, having blood and bile on him. He looked down at Moi with kind eyes. He didn’t know why he felt so close to her…it was probably his sense of duty and the fact that she seemed so small. She was like Maka in that way. She had so much spirit. Everyone that fought tonight did. “She really proved that she belongs here.” He brushed her bangs away from her closed eyes. He heard Fenrir growl a little bit, but he didn’t respond to it. He figured that was to be expected. Her brothers were practically raised by wolves. “You did real good, Moi.”

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⇘⇘ A s h e sxxF a l l ⇘⇘

Ashes was trying to stay awake, but she knew the only way she could do that would be if she slipped into madness. Ludovic was holding onto her, making it difficult. He was also shouting at her not to do it, that she might hurt herself. Ashes closed her eyes and let her brow rest against the grass. “Why is it so important to you..?"

Someone picked her up. Unfortunately, she vomited on that person. Apparently that was all the excitement she could take, because she passed out immediately afterwards. She was bleeding more than normal internally, it seemed. Well… that was a bummer.

Ashes had dreams she couldn’t exactly say were dreams. She was in the black room, the room in her mind with nothing but a red door. Grinki was there, though, leaning against that red door. He was smirking at her and scratching his head. His mouth was moving, but for a long time Ashes couldn’t make out what he was saying. She moved to get closer to him. When she did, he held out a bucket of paint by its handle. She saw black drops fall from its lid like they were writhing and alive. He pointed at the red door with his thumb.

“Paint it. You don’t have to come out,” he said. “Just paint it. You won’t have to feel any of this pain s**t. You won’t have to be held back anymore.” He lulled his head. “You don’t need a goddam leash, do you?” He grinned at her. “They just want to hold you back.”

On the outside, Ashes’ body was under scrutiny. Ashes did not take care of her body by any means. Almost all of her organs were scarred from past ruptures or gashes. Even her heart had a hairline scar on it, like she had a close call with a weapon that didn’t cut quite deep enough. Her lungs were burned like she had inhaled poison. Her stomach was swollen with veins that kept rupturing because her liver was mostly scar tissue. A great deal of her bones looked as though they had been broken and allowed to heal improperly, as well. How she lived through this much damage was a mystery, how she moved was impossible, but one things was certain: Ashes was always in pain. It was likely that, without the souls she had consumed, she would be dead. Without her madness, she wouldn’t be mobile.

Inside, Ashes pushed Grinki away from the red door and opened it. Painting the door black would mean there was no exit from madness. That was a frightening thought. She wanted the choice, not one or the other…but this new concept was disturbing. Ashes didn’t have much self control to begin with. She didn’t want to be in a situation where she would be tempted to paint the door. That meant…something would have to change. She left the room.

When she woke up, she felt strange. Her eyes cracked open far before they should have, but Ashes had always been tough. She felt something in her throat. She wrapped her arms around a tube that led down her throat and pulled it out. She squinted her eyes at the florescent lights.

“Ashes!” Ludovic smiled. He was sitting by her bed. When he woke up, he felt fine. He just wasn’t used to being…well, used. He was very happy that Ashes had used him instead of madness. He wouldn’t let anyone criticize what she did because of it. He was happy. “How do you feel?”

“I feel really good,” Ashes said, sitting up and touching her stomach. All those annoying stomachaches and chest pains were gone. Her knees didn’t seem to make that creaking noise either. And her fingers didn’t hurt. She smiled. “I feel really great. Are we in heaven, Ludo?” Ashes had never even considered that Marie could put her body back together in such a way that most of her pain would go away.

“A little brat like you wouldn’t get into heaven,” Ludovic teased.

“You’re probably right,” Ashes said. She knew she was twisted. That was fine.

Little did she know, just by using Ludovic and having his soul influence hers, her tainted yellow soul had become green, one step closer to blue and a step farther away from red.

“I’m starving though,” Ashes looked down at her IV. “Man, I hate needles.” She reached down to take it out.

“Don’t…” Ludovic caught her arm. “You lost a lot of…everything…okay? Just stay here for a little while…” he said.

“You know how I man, Ludo. If I can move my body, I’m going to move it.”

“Please.”

“…” Ashes’ eyes softened. Ludovic was banged up, too. “All right.” She took her hand away from her IV. “You did good out there, Ludovic. I’m proud of you. You can really take a beating.” She gave him a thumbs up. “And you know…I know how much you worry about me…” she looked down at her lap. “You know…I’m worried too, now. Now that I think about it…using madness only hurts humans around me the most. A meister is supposed to protect innocent people. That’s why we hunt kishin eggs. I’ve been treating it like a sport, and I’ve been misusing you. If you’ll be my weapon, I want to fight with you.”

“Really?” Ludovic asked, so shocked that he stood, toppling his chair.

Ashes nodded. “I want you to be my weapon.” She turned to face him. “But that means you need a lot of training. You’ll have to do whatever I say,” she said. “And you’ll have to call me ‘mistress.’”

“Yes, Mistress!” Ludovic saluted.

“Good. Now go get me every snack from the vending machines.”

Ludovic blinked. “Um…what? All of them?”

“Are you questioning your mistress already? I said all of the snacks! Go!”

“Yes, Mistress!” And with that, Ludovic took off to do just what he had been ordered.

“Heh…”
                              Ashes watched him go and touched her head. She didn’t know if she had dreamed of the room or was actually in the room. Grinko… she shouldn’t have eaten him. After a moment of touching her head, she looked at her fingers and started bending them. She had broken her hands so many times that they usually seared with constant pain. “I must be on…painkillers…” She felt like she had two perfectly functioning kidneys, too.

It's a mild syndrome

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image
Moira "Moi" WhiteWolf
And you'll see
You think that
You'll break me..

As time passed Fenrir went home to change, he mentioned how he didn’t want to smell like vomit all night. He told Zev to remain by Moi’s side he would have stated himself but with so much vomit and blood on him Fenrir was only thinking of a nice warm shower. Fenrir would visit his sister in the morning; he also wanted to speak with their father regarding Free and his connection to their clan. Something didn’t smell right, Free had obviously been enraged when Moi had killed that Frog witch but there was something more. He had remembered the wolf blaming Moi stating she was a disgrace to witches. Fenrir wondered as he stepped into the shower after having nearly removed all of dirtied clothes, he allowed the warm water to run over his hair and wash away the dirt and grim and even some vomit from his hair and body. He knew when they entered classes, a lot of eyes would be watching. Maybe that was why Death’s own son was extending the olive branch in his stead. It was strange how Kid had taken such an interest in Moi, Fenrir only thought it natural that Lord Death would wish to ensure Moi’s safety. Fenrir had only barely remembered that time; they were only pups and were at their mothers feet while Zen held Moi in her arms. Their father stood out against Lord Death and battled against him only to halt at a standstill. Death had insisted on an audience with Zen, and he had gotten that was for sure.

Moi was having a nightmare; a darkness that lingered in the hearts of many was pulling people to turn against her. These were nameless faces in the dark but their words whispered in her ears, “You did this?!” “The Witches were only here for her. We should have just handed her over and no one would have gotten hurt.” “So the new girl shows up and suddenly witches.” Moi struggled to fight against them, but the more she did the more she heard Free’s voice “You are a disgrace! You’re pathetic!” Searching around the darkness she had always seen her brothers there standing besides her guiding her away from the nightmare, but now…now they were gone…no one was there. She felt her body nearly twitch from the nightmare itself, it wasn’t until she felt something…or someone. Her hair had covered her eyes, though Moi was unaware. The sudden sense that someone moved the bangs from her hair caused Moi to stir she felt her body tense but her eyes slowly fluttered open. Red crimson eyes searched the room she was currently in, she felt as if she had slept for days, but knew it was probably only a few hours. When she glanced towards the person who had moved her bangs she soon found herself staring at Kid.

K..kid?” Moi stammered as she blinked her eyes as if to try and wake herself. He had carried her all this way? No it couldn’t be…thought the last thing she had remembered was standing against Free because her friends were in danger. Moi quickly sat up,…almost too quickly as she felt her head start to spin again. “The others!” she nearly called out as she quickly searched around the room. Zev had sat to her right and was instantly up when Moi first woke, he glanced too worried that the sudden movement could tear her scar open.

Moi! Be careful, Miss. Marie just stitched that wound, any sudden movements and that thing could tear.” Zev cautioned.

But … where are the others are they alright?” Moi seemed very concerned for the others wellbeing. She was glad that Kid was alright and he hadn’t taken any damage, Moi had been worried from that hit he took against the schools walls.

Moi glanced over, she picked up a sickly scent, granted she expected as much with the nurse office being a place of healing. She glanced to the side, behind Zev sat a women with hair. She was speaking with a weapon, neither of them she had met before but Moi got an odd sense about the other girl. There was a shadow hanging over her, almost as if her soul swirled about in a mix of colors it base color was green, however there were swirls within it. Some witches were granted the gift of clairvoyance, just like with skilled meisters; Moi can see and sense auras. She found herself both fascinated and a bit nervous about the other student’s aura and scent. Something was indeed off. Turning her attention back to Kid, Soul, and Black Star, “I’m really sorry….this….this is all my fault. Free was after me.” Moi could feel her hands ball into fists, she was angry, angry at herself for not being able to defend her friends and angry at the witches for causing this. It was one thing to attack someone directly, but to hurt her friends to get to her. Moi could not stand it. “They should have attacked me….not you lot…

I burn!
Can't hold me now,
I burn!
Swing all you want.

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock
Now summer's gone away

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein had been up most of the night, he was worried about Ashes. He knew Moi was strong enough to take a wound such as her own, but with eating Grinki’s soul it had made him nervous. While both girls rested, and many of their friends remained he snuck out for a bit to speak with Lord Death. Spirit had made his way either by stumbling back or crawling…though Stein was sure that he would have more than just his hangover to deal with. Stein could already see a bump forming on his head, he assumed for Lord Death’s infamous ‘Reaper Chop.’ Lord Death wanted a full report, it would seem he was worried about these agents of Renegade, they were the pawns however he had heard reports that witches were awakening. These were also not the kind that were sympathetic to their cause, but fallowed Eibon and his idles. Behind him was a large mirror and a women with a dark cloak about her. Stein at first thought it was Medusa, and nearly had a flash back to a year ago.

This is Zen, Moi’s mother.” Lord Death introduced the women in the mirror, “Zen, this is one of my most trusted Miesters. Franken Stein."

There are far better meisters Lord Death than myself.” Stein replied but never the less looked on at the witch, it was odd to see one who stood against Eibon and the other witches. Lord Death must have made some sort of impression on her clan. Lord Death was quick to explain that Zen had heard a rumor of the ‘Wolfman’ and called concerned for her daughter’s safety. “I can assure you Madam Zen that she is in the best of care, her injuries do not look to be life threating.

Her injuries?! Death you promised me she would be free from these fights….I sent her there to be safe.”

We did not count on Renegade attacking us directly, nor the ‘immortal’ as he is calling himself, Free.

Free….” Zen’s voice darkened and a faint reddish glow emitted from her eye. “He would have her believe that I forsake him, and my precious clan.” She was grumbling about the past.

Their conversation drifted back to the matter at hand Renegade, it would seem as though they were gathering to help awaken the few witches were scattered all over. Death and Zen spoke a bit more, Stein mentioned having to check in with his patients. He wondered just how many members of Renegade there were. He knew that after the incident with the Kishin even many of the more docile clans were uniting. Word had spread that the grand witch was hiding underground, fear that Free would come back to finish the job. He sighed and pulled a cigarette from his lab coat; entering the room he noticed that everyone was asleep. It would seem that Ludovic had recovered quite quickly and was sitting in a chair sitting beside Ashes. Moi’s brother Fenrir had retired for the night, while Zev and Kid sat on either side of her. Soft whimpers came from the young wolf, yet Stein knew it was not in part to the injury and figured she was actually having a nightmare.

Resting in his chair he waited for morning to break before he checked to make sure both girls were alright. Zev left early to grab something to eat, he trusted Kid to watch over Moi, though it looked as if the little reaper had hardly rested. Stein watched over Ashes for a bit longer till she woke, he was resting in his chair. He overheard her speaking to Ludovic the two conversed. It wasn’t long before Stein watched Ludovic bolt down the hallway in search of food. He chuckled softly and finished his cigarette before making his way over towards Ashes. “Glad to see you are awake, you had us all worried…Ludovic most of all.” Stein replied and made his way closer. He was only inspecting her injuries. It would seem that most of them had healed themselves; he noticed she had forcefully removed her breathing tube though. He glanced to Ashes’ arm and was grateful she hadn’t removed her iv. “How are you feeling?” he asked looking into Ashes’ eyes, Stein felt himself feel slightly odd. She was a student, and he was a professor. Then why was it so easy to relate to Ashes was it because she had the same madness within her? Stein hadn’t realized just how close he was too Ashes, he had originally been inspecting her wounds and checking her eyes for any signs of dilation. Instead he had been nearly lost in them; instinctively he reached out a hand to her hair. Since Moi still hadn’t woken or at least Stein hadn’t thought she had; he touched the petals in Ashes’ hair. Most of them were destroyed but there was still one that seemed to remain intact for the most part. With a pull he tugged the flower from Ashes hair and set it in her hands. “Don’t….do that again…” he whispered. Realizing he was too close he quickly excused himself and pulled back just enough to where it looked far more professional.

≠≠≠≠≠

Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock

Death the Kid
“I didn’t mean to wake you,” Kid said gently. His tone said that he didn’t mind that he had woken her up, though. Truthfully, he kind of did want her to wake up so he could make sure that she was okay. He’d feel even more disgusting if she didn’t wake up for a long time. When she sat up, Kid helped her lay back down, though he propped her up with a few more pillows. “Everyone else is fine,” he said. “The only people that took a lot of damage was you and Fall. Everyone else got away with a few scrapes.” He sat down in the seat Fenrir once had. His smile seemed weak now—looking at her stitches was difficult. That was his fault. He couldn’t even scold her for not following his orders. He would have done the same thing.

“I wish you would have listened to me,”
he said instead, in a very even tone. He couldn’t scold her, no, he could just entreat her to be more careful. “I know you think this is your fight, but it really isn’t. It’s not you or your family that Free or any other witch has a problem with. It’s the DWMA. Your siding with us has riled them up… but I can’t even pretend that you’re their only objective. You were just an insult to them, nothing more. I have no doubt that they would have attacked us anyway.” He touched his head. He wished this was over, but he knew it would never be. Witches were different from regular people, somehow. It was like they existed in a plane that was entirely their own. “Witches will always attack the DWMA, evil witches that is. It’s the same with evil humans and evil monsters. We are a symbol of justice and order, so we’re always going to attract the attention of those that would rather this world was consumed by evil.” He reached over and touched her hand oh-so-gently. “So I don’t want you to worry about blaming yourself, Moi. It’s not your fault. It’s my job to protect you, so please…let me do my job. Yours is to demonstrate that we can coexist.”

“Hey, half-stripe,” Zev said, his eyebrow twitching in irritation. “How about you back up? She’s trying to rest. She doesn’t need you commiserating all over her.”

“Half stripe?” Kid asked.

Zev pointed at his own hair.

“….” Kid gripped his hair and buckled into himself, his head hanging between his knees. There appeared to be a blue cloud of dread around him. “I know. I’m disgusting. Disgusting. Don’t look at me. If I could change them, I would! Curse these stupid lines. Why do they only connect temporarily? I just…I…” his voice seemed to run out of gas. He had trailed off into a miserable mumble.

“That takes care of that,”
Zev said, looking pretty pleased with himself. He crossed his arms and winked at Moi. He didn’t like the idea of Kid flirting with his sister. He wasn’t sure if Kid or Moi knew they were flirting, but there was definitely a back and forth exchange going on that didn’t seem natural. Zev would have been upset if any boy flirted with Moi—but a reaper? The universe couldn’t handle such an arrangement. “Man, I wonder if he’d have a meltdown if I told him that your breasts were slightly different sizes.” He wasn’t sure if that was true, but he thought he had read somewhere that all women had one breast bigger than the other.

Kid jerked as if he had been shot and fell to the floor in a heap.

“K.O.” Zev grinned.

⇘⇘ A s h e sxxF a l l ⇘⇘

Ashes rubbed the back of her head when Stein came over and asked how she was doing. She sounded almost…bashful, as if embarrassed about her own abilities. “Well, I feel great. Did Marie come in and just grope me all over? Because all of my insides feel amazing. Her glowy hand thing really stimulates my healing factor.” However, she had more call to be bashful in the next moment. Stein leaned in close to her to look her over.

Her injuries had closed themselves. Not unlike Asura, Ashes’ skin attached to itself quite easily as long as it was pulled together with stitches or glue. It had never healed this quickly before, but Ashes knew that was because of Grinki. His soul was possibly more powerful than hers. She feared she was having trouble…digesting it, as it were. She wanted to tell Stein about Grinki, but she didn’t want to worry anyone, and she didn’t want to be put out of commission. No one needed to know that there was an enemy in her head. She would keep that to herself for now. All he needed to know was that she was healed, and her body was strong—very strong.

With Stein so close and getting closer, Ashes had begun to blush. He even reached out and ran his fingers through her hair. She couldn’t recall anyone but Ludo running fingers through her hair—and that was always just to get tangles out in the morning. She honestly thought he was going to kiss her. He was close enough that she could feel body heat coming off his face. However, he pulled away and laid a flower in her hands. She looked down at it and then back at Stein. She smiled. “Which part did you not want me to do? Because it was a busy night…” She sighed and closed her eyes briefly. She knew what he was talking about.

“Don’t be scared. I have no intention of becoming a kishin,” she said, opening her eyes. “You know, once upon a time, I would have said that I wouldn’t mind becoming a kishin. It kind of seemed inevitable for me, anyway, and I always thought I would be some kind of exception. However, when I left Death City, I learned a few things about the world, I think. For example, a kishin and a human could never coexist.” She shrugged her shoulders. “It’s impossible, but do you want to know why?” She smiled at him, big and bright. “Do you know what consensus reality is?” she asked. Ludovic never understood what she was talking about when she talked about things like this, but she was willing to see if Stein would get it. “It’s the theory that nothing is entirely real—there are just things that we as people all agree upon as fact, and those facts become part of the reality. Every human is connected in the field of consensus reality, but do you know what’s the core of our reality?” She raised a finger. “It’s madness.”

“Everyone on this planet is crazy—but most of us are crazy in nearly the exact same way. Through my own bit of research, I’ve determined that there are at least four different kinds of madness: order, wisdom, power, and fear. Humans live with the madness of order—Lord Death is actually a beacon of that madness. Maybe you can see it in Kid,” she laughed a little into her hand. She was sure she had lost him, but she did love talking about this sort of thing. “Most Kishin Eggs suffer from the madness of power, which is why we can’t coexist with them. Once they dive fully into insanity, they think we’re crazy just as much as we think they are. You see, giving into madness is like forming a personal reality all to yourself—that’s how impossible things happen. Reality is much more fragile than we give it credit for. That’s how Kishin Eggs manipulate their bodies. It’s why I have an uncanny healing factor. Personal reality.”

She rubbed the back of her head again. “I’ve never proven it before, but I actually think a kishin egg could be saved. I mean, if you could somehow bring them back to the consensus reality, you could actually show them that they’re acting irregularly and could draw them back into being a human. That’s just a theory, though. Likewise, the same is true of witches—that’s why there are good witches and bad witches. Most witches are drawn to the madness of wisdom. If they fully explore that, they are what we call a bad witch, or demon weapon chow. Good witches, however, follow the consensus reality. Still, when there were more active witches, there were enough of them to form an entirely different community under the madness of wisdom. That’s why we think we can’t coexist with witches, because we’re trained to believe that they all exist within a separate reality that we can’t understand. That’s why witches are drawn to Kishin and Kishin eggs—they’re beacons of a different reality when the consensus reality doesn’t accept them.”

Ashes looked down at the flower in her lap and began pulling out a few petals. “Pulling a kishin back into a consensus reality would destroy their body, though. By that point, they make no sense at all. They’re a completely foreign body, so there’s no saving them at all. They’d just shatter. I’m assuming that’s what happened to Asura. I know he was evil and all, but I’ve always kind of sympathized. To leave the consensus reality is to leave the limitations of it. Some people would say that means becoming god-like, but that’s not it at all. Asura was still human, just in another reality where we could not coexist. He was like antimatter. It’s as simple as that. Leaving the consensus reality only has two paths: one, you spread your enormous wavelength to try and bring other people to your reality; or two, you die. It’s not a fight against people per se, just a fight between two realities for dominance.” She stretched her arms. She was sure she had been talking for too long. “So, you know, Kishin aren’t evil. We’re just incompatible with them, so I’m not going to be one. I think I’m pushing the envelope on that…so I’ve decided that I’m going to stop being a dirty people eater and spreading a madness wavelength. It only really hurts humans, and we’re all on the same side, you know?”

She looked at Stein and blinked. “That’s weird. You look like you understood everything I just said.”
                              ((I thought their brains might fall in love xD))

It's a mild syndrome

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image
Moira "Moi" WhiteWolf
And you'll see
You think that
You'll break me..

Zev grinned at his handy work he felt more like his brother in nearly causing Kid to have a heart attack. Moi on the other hand was less than pleased and told him to be nice to their friends. “You shouldn’t bully him!” she swatted at her brothers arm when he mentioned her breast size, and Zev sheepishly hung his head. “You should talk to him….he’s probably going to lay there moping all day.” Zev replied and sulked in the chair beside Moi. Moi glanced over the side of the bed at Kid who seemed to be rambling something to the tune of ‘Disgusting.’ She tilted her head to the side and blinked her eyes, “I don’t think your disgusting at all, I like the way the three lines match up on your right side.” She was doing her best not to make things worse, as Kid lay nearly motionless on the floor beside Moi’s bedside.

Moi remained resting for the rest of the morning, in the afternoon Fenrir returned and both brothers escorted Moi back to their dorm. Moi was eager to speak with her father, as her brothers mentioned that he would be greeting them much in the same fashion they dialed death. Using one of the mirrors in their room, Moi cast the spell on the mirror and it was not long before their father’s image appeared in the mirror. He stood regal and almost silent and cold as the northern winds. Fenrir and Zev both bowed before him taking pride in their father. Moi stood behind them staring out at her father whose eyes seemed to soften, “My children.” He spoke his words were deep and yet cut through the tense moment. Fenrir and Zev rose and quickly pulled chairs up for them to sit upon. Fenrir seemed eager to speak to the man and leaned in slightly. “Father,….what do you know of Free…the immortal wolf.

Moi’s father Gerwulf explained that he was once a member of their clan. He was one of the warriors Gerwulf explained that he Free had once tried to seek out Zen’s affections but was denied. He turned to his jealousy, knowing that Zen had fancied himself and that was how they came to be. However Free was not only jealous of Gerwulf’s prowess but also that Zen seemed to care so little of the outside world, from time to time she would move their pack. But when no reapers came for them to collect Zen’s soul to make a death scythe she decided to make her home in the north. It wasn’t until others started to wonder if Zen was becoming soft. Moi watched her father’s body movements and facial expressions as he spoke of their past. He continued to explain that Free and a few others had gone out into the town and would start hunting humans, telling themselves that this was how they could gain power. This eventually caught the reapers attention, and Death even travelled with his personal guard to speak with Zen. Having drawn out death Free thought this would prove to Zen of his ‘worth’ he and a few others like him lept at death and nearly killed one of his personal guards. Gerwulf paused and grinned slightly when he watched his children were at the edge of their seats. “When death arrived he nearly killed all of Free’s companions in a blind rage at their gull to attack his friends. He demanded to speak with your mother; he made it as far as me.” Gerwulf seemed to take pride in his words. “But I refused to raise my blade to him; I did however wish to protect you and your mother. I did not wish this reaper to take her soul.

Gerwulf explained that Death made a barging he would not come for her soul if her only daughter were to act as a bridge between this long gap. Moi could feel her eyes widen she had been the olive branch between the two societies reapers and witches. Gerwulf advised his children to be careful, they were getting reports that Renegade was putting out a call to all witches who would join their cause. Zen and their clan had bluntly refused and attacked any who opposed Death and what he stood for. It was soon after that he announced needing to report to Zen, and that Death would wish to see them regarding their first mission.

Moi ended the spell but not before telling her father good bye, he seemed to soften at her words and even more when her brothers knelt beside her once more. Ending the spell, Moi yawned and stretched slightly before ushering her brothers from her shared room with Maka. Quickly changing her outfit once more Moi made sure to grab a broom on her way out to meet Death as she assumed they’d be off again soon. Once dressed and ready Moi and her brothers went to the Death room, where Death was waiting, along with Kid, Liz and Patti. Both girls turned towards Moi and her brothers and seemed happy to see Moi alive and well after last night’s fiasco. Zev smiled to Patti as they entered but said nothing else.

Death smiled at Moi as she arrived, “Ah glad to see you Moi, I’m glad you weren’t hurt last night.

I’m sorry to have worried you Lord Death, I won’t make a mistake like last night again. I let my emotions get to me.” She replied and bowed her head graciously.

No matter, what’s important is that you are well.” He paused and glanced over at Spirit who was still nursing his bruise. “We’ve received reports of a train shipment that was carrying artifacts recently being sent here for safe keeping. However this train was taken over by members of Renegade, I’m sending you and Kid to investigate as well as take back the artifacts stolen by Renegade.

Wait..we have to team up with short stop over here.” Fenrir replied, which earned him a elbow from Moi.

Yes I have a strong feeling that there is something more at stake here.

{{ I am so sorry for the delay unfortunately after the move then my car died…so it’s been an interesting sort of day. I’ll post tomorrow stein as today was an adventure all in itself.}}

I burn!
Can't hold me now,
I burn!
Swing all you want.

Dapper Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock
Now summer's gone away

User Image

≠≠≠≠≠

Stein was staring at Ashes, his eyes blinked almost astounded at first when she mentioned of having no intention of becoming a Kishin. “Yet you eat the souls of others just as a weapon would. It is not only the duty of a weapon to protect its meister, but also to devour the souls of the wicked.” He always knew there was something a bit strange surrounding Ashes, but watching her gulp down that soul…Stein was almost beginning to wonder just what it had felt like. He knew it was wrong to indulge the fantasy but the more he wondered the more he remembered how Asura had attempted to eat the souls of those he killed. Ashes spoke again and this time it was once again about the Kishin, she mentioned having a year or so ago once thought of becoming one. Inevitable she had said, Stein lazily twisted his screw tightening it then twisting it the opposite direction. “I assume you have a theory, alright let’s here this one Miss. Falls.” Stein replied as he leaned back eager to hear what the meister had to say about such a statement.

He knew just as everyone else seemed to that it was a simple fact that the Kishin and Humans could never co-exist. Stein had thought about it once, back when Death had asked him about witches. It had been after a drawn out fight between a witch and a meister. The meister of course was after her soul to turn his weapon into death scythe; one of the most powerful weapons in Lord Deaths arsenal. Stein shook his thoughts though, he was curious how Miss. Falls knew just so much about the Kishin topic. She spoke about how nothing in this world is real….everything is just a fact. Now this caught Stein off guard he thought about it and muddled but if everything is fact then by default so would madness. Wouldn’t the one going mad know that it is indeed a fact that they are mad and riddled with the madness inside.

When Ashes spoke about her research and how she had categorized the four kinds of madness, that it would seem each of them held. In a sense she was right everyone contained these traits. “Yes, but we all contain just a bit of each, I do not doubt there is madness in each of us, it just depends on the levels. You mentioned Death being the beacon of order; I believe the academy would a more appropriate metaphor for that.” He paused debating on whether or not he should have another smoke, but glancing around he figured while the two meisters Ashes and Moi were resting it was best to not endanger them further. Instead he rubbed his chin with his right hand and pondered all that she mentioned. “Personal reality…hun?” Stein paused almost lost to his thoughts. Ashes was indeed a bright student, there were a few things Stein could debate, whether or not there was truly one kind of madness, by her theory it would seem one is classified into one category. Then she spoke about saving a Kishin egg, Stein raised an eyebrow. “You think you could save a kishin egg?

At this Stein seemed to scrunch his nose, and then closed his eyes. “Personal realities aside, once it has become a Kishin egg it has no longer a body. The egg itself represents a manifestation of pure evil and chaos. As you said we live in a reality of order, so any chaos would be seen as a threat…however would you rather the world be plunged into a world of bloodshed and chaos or peaceful and prosperous.” He wondered looking at the young miester. “I do believe that witches have a choice, it is not a matter of which census they fallow. Most fallow the highest ranking witch, which up until she went into hiding was the grand witch herself. I agree that witches are drawn to something, but I don’t think its wisdom…well some of the ‘good’ witches maybe…even might go as far as knowledge. But the ‘evil’ witches…those that are consumed with chaos tend to seek out Kishin eggs. Not because of a different reality, but because they are both drawn to the chaos and power. It is one reason why meisters hunt down witches and use their souls to turn their weapons in to Death Scythe’s.

Stein stared at the floor for a moment, allowing Ashes to speak; she mentioned Asura. He was quick to correct her however, “Asura was never really evil,…I just believe he was afraid…afraid of dying…afraid of living…just afraid. He used that to seak out power, power enough to over come his fears and let the chaos consume him.” Stein had once felt like that, afraid…afraid he’d make a mistake, afraid he’d let Lord Death down, afraid that the madness would take over. “Kishin’s are the chaos of this world, if by your theory this reality it makes me wonder … what would we be like to theirs.” Stein muttered out loud, the moment seemed to pass and Stein could feel eyes on him. Staring from the floor to Ashes he blinked and tilted his head when she told him he looked as though he understood what she had said. It took a moment but afterword’s Stein chuckled, “When you were gone all I had to debate things with was Maka and Spirit. Maka gave up when she knew she had lost…and Spirit…well let’s just say I’d have a much more amusing debate if it were between me and a cat.

≠≠≠≠≠

Tick Tock goes the clock
Tick Tock goes the clock

Death the Kid
Kid had frozen when Moi said that she liked his stripes. Strangely enough, he had never heard anyone say that before. He thought about it a lot that night when he was lying in bed. No one had ever said that they liked his hair. They had said that it was not so bad, or that he could get over it, or that it wasn’t a big deal. He never even considered that anyone liked them—or would say such a thing to him knowing how much he hated them. He touched his hair curiously. It wasn’t like the stripes felt any different, but he knew where they were and their exact measurements. He didn’t like them…but Moi did. He smiled at the ceiling. He still didn’t like them, but he liked that a pretty girl liked them.

That morning he had been recruited by Ludovic to go on a searching party for Ashes. He didn’t think that girl should have been able to move much, but he couldn’t find her. Eventually Ludovic called and said Ashes was found. Kid couldn’t help thinking that there was something wrong with that girl. Soul had said that she ate Grinki’s soul. The idea of it made him shudder. It made him think of Asura and his wavelength. The feeling of her “vibrato” during the dance had felt like that, but sharper. He wondered what his father was thinking by keeping her on as a meister. In fact, he went to his father to ask him why he didn’t intervene. His father was far too cheery about the subject than Kid wanted him to be.

“Everyone in this life has choices, Kid,” his father said. “Now, take Moira for example. Her mother could have gone down a much darker path, son. Instead of that, though, she decided to live a much more peaceful life. She decided to become our ally. Because of that, we can finally bridge that gap between witches and shinigami, maybe forever.” He put his hand on Kid’s shoulder. “Ashes has her own choices to make… We can’t assume they’ll be the same as Asura’s. Judging someone before their crime isn’t what we do. You understand, don’t you?”

“…” Kid looked down and nodded. He understood that. “Moira is a good person…” he admitted, touching his hair again. “I’m glad she could come to this school.”

“Oh are you…?” Death said. “Speaking of Moira—Hiya, hiya! Good to see you, welcome. We’ve been waiting!” he greeted the wolf siblings. He then explained to them what their mission would be. “Kid has some experience with trains, but I am sending you three for your magical know-how. Our enemy is powerful, and we still don’t know who’s heading their operations. I’m also sending Black Star. I know you’re more used to having Maka on your team, Kid, but I’m sending her ahead to what I believe is the train’s destination. I believe Maka will come face to face with the leader, and her majinn hunter could be very useful.”

He raised his hands and clapped them . “All right! Now, your job is to stop the train, retrieve the artifacts, and take care of our enemies. After that, I need those artifacts brought to me. Do you understand? Do not engage the enemy at the temple. The most important thing about your mission is that those artifacts do not fall into the hands of Renegade.”

“I understand,” Kid said, nodding. He glanced over at Moi. He had never resonated with her, so he wasn’t sure how powerful their team would be…but he had seen that Moira could be powerful. Hopefully he could help her keep her emotions in check this time. It wasn’t good for anyone to lose control of themselves. The power was always overwhelmed by the enemy’s cunning. “I’m sorry that you have such a serious mission so early, but I don’t want you to worry about it. We’re all going to be okay,” he promised. “And…I want you to hang back and take it easy when at all possible. I am worried about your injuries.” He put his hand on his hip. “You’re healing nicely, I hear, but even witches are only human.” He put his hands in his pockets. “All right, ladies.”

“Geez, it’s always going to be like this working with a shinigami, isn’t it?” Liz complained, though mostly just to tease Kid. “Just one world crisis after another huh?” She winked at Moi as she passed her. Kid had to like her. He had been touching his hair off and on all day. He had told them that she said she liked his stripes—he tried to play it off as ridiculous, but Liz knew that he was touched.

⇘⇘ A s h e sxxF a l l ⇘⇘

Ashes watched him talk, seeming to absorb what he said, but at the end, she just smiled and shook her head. “You don’t understand.” She looked down at her hands and flexed her fingers. She thought about how stupid she was when she was a kid. Wanting to be a kishin—wanting to be that strong so that she could be used for good. It was more than stupid, really, but thankfully she had Ludovic. Ludovic was probably the only reason why she wasn’t a monster right now. “I think I’ve overeaten…” she murmured, pulling her legs out from under the sheets. Now she had to worry that she had taken this habit of hers too far. She was afraid….afraid of Grinki.

“Only people can be beacons,”
                              she told him. “Powerful people—extremely powerful people. Like shinigami or kishin or a very powerful witch. When these people fully embrace different maddnesses, they invite followers. The invitation is the madness wavelength. Inspired by either wisdom, power, order, or fear.” She stretched out her arms and yawned. “As for witches, they do have a choice. They can follow Lord Death or madness. The sway of magic usually makes madness more appealing, because certain branches of madness, well…” she laughed a little bit. “I guess I don’t have to tell you. You feel pretty limitless. I think magic can make you feel limitless.” She looked at him and leaned over the bed a bit to get a better look at him. “Asura was about as evil as I am. At one point, I bet he was just like me. On the cusp, teetering, having a decision to make. However, the jump to Kishin means you can never return—well, I said that. Mostly, I’m talking to you to calm myself down. “ She was afraid. She was afraid. She took in a deep breath and let it out.

It was going to be all right. Grinki was probably just a dream. However, not knowing was driving her crazy. She always took comfort in knowledge—reading and theorizing. Not knowing what she just experienced was giving her goosebumps. “I think a kishin eggs can be saved. I’ve told Ludovic all about it, but he doesn’t understand…but I have to believe in that. One day, I’m really going to have to hope all of this is reversible.” She smiled and kissed Stein’s forehead. “Hey, you like me don’t you? You’re kind of a pervert—but I think it makes sense. When we both used soul menace, I felt something too. I think we’re both inclined towards the same madness.” She laughed a little. “So I just kind of exist in your world.” She formed a heart with her hands. “It’s messed up, but I understand it.” And she liked anything she understood. “I understand you, I think.”

“But on that note, I have some reading to do,”
                              she said, taking her IV out. Ludovic wouldn’t be back for a while. Getting all the snacks would take at least forty minutes. “I don’t want to worry anyone, but there’s something bugging me.” She touched her head. “So I need to figure it out.” She looked down at herself. She was still in a sports bra and shorts that came to her knee. She put on one of Marie’s lab coats. “I feel fine, so don’t worry about me.” That wasn’t entirely true…but she was hoping that it was. She left the room. She felt a little light headed, but she couldn’t let that stop her.

She didn’t rest at all that night. She stayed up reading articles, books, and previously done research. She found Stein’s name on a few of the articles. It made her smile. Maybe it was silly to say all the things she said. It was definitely flirting. She actually fell asleep while reading one of his articles—but she didn’t dream about him. She didn’t dream at all. She saw Grinki in the room of her mind.

“You have a question, don’t you?” he asked. “Well don’t be a wimp about it. You know how to find the answer. Just come inside. I’m getting tired of calling you up. I’m not that kind of guy.” He grinned. “You know, I wanted to go places. I didn’t want to be in your stomach. I got people waiting for me. I’m a person, too.”

“I regret eating you. What more do you want from me?” Ashes asked.

“Well, make it up to me.” He gestured towards the red door. “Paint it black. Stay in here. You have a question—and it’s not whether or not I’m here. Deep down, you know I’m here. Shut up. You know you don’t even care why I’m here. You know that. What you don’t know is the one thing you’re desperate to know.” He stretched out his arms and chuckled a bit. “How strong are you, kid? How strong can you be? What would it take to break you?”

Ashes furrowed her brows. She took a step back.

“You know the only way to see your limit is to see how strong you can get. The strongest form of being is a kishin. You know that.”

“No.”

“You understand that.”

“I don’t understand anything!” She gripped her head and kneeled on the floor. “I don’t want to know something like that!” It was a lie, but the truth was frightening. She knew the only way to get stronger was to take that plunge, but she didn’t want to do that.

“Lord Death told you that you that it would resolve itself, didn’t he? That one day you’d find your limit and that would be it. One day you’d be normal.” He kneeled down in front of her like a champ, swiping his nose with his thumb. “You weren’t meant to be normal, though, kid.” He tipped her chin up. “So quit fighting it…and stay in here.”

Ashes started to smile, but felt a tug. She was forced out of the red door and brought back to the conscious world. Ludovic was shaking her. He had found her in the library at one of the computers. She rubbed her eye. “Hey…” she murmured. “What time is it?”

“It’s two O’clock in the afternoon. I’ve been looking for you all this time!”

“Ah…” She turned the computer off. “Sorry. I just wanted to do some reading.”

“Are you all right?”

Ashes nodded. “Yeah. I was just curious.” She touched her head. Ludovic handed her a canned coffee and told her it was time to put clothes on. He took her home and made sure she got cleaned up and dressed before they both headed back to the school.

“Whoa, should you be moving around?”
                              Soul asked when they got to class. “I saw you. You were in ribbons.”

“I’m tough—and this school has some amazing doctors. “ Ashes flexed her arms playfully.

“Yeah, I know…I caught sight of Moi earlier. She looks a lot better herself.”

“I’m glad no one was seriously hurt.” Ashes slammed her fist into her hand. “Because we have to bring the pain now. No one takes on the DWMA without a serious beating. “

“Lord Death has a mission for us, but we have to talk to Stein for our objective,” Soul said, gesturing over his shoulder. “Maka is waiting for us,” he said. Ashes nodded and followed him to where Stein and Maka were.

“Reporting for duty,” she told them. “Fully clothed this time.”

It's a mild syndrome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas