Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════

It was a good thing that he and Karis had such a good business relationship. She always took well to his little jokes… but he had seen many people attempt to amuse her and fail, horribly. While the woman didn’t always laugh she always got the joke. His green eyes strayed toward the mask sitting beside him and his fingers fiddled with the straps while he moved his gaze toward her. Relaxing his legs he hooked them at the ankle and gave a lazy sigh. “I honestly haven’t decided yet… there are a few pretties who might like to be seen… However I should probably use a man for the sake of decorum. You’d look much better with a big handsome lug at your side than some skimpy little tramp.

A smirk appeared on his lips and he nodded. “I feel inclined to agree… Besides, you know I never pass up the chance to spend more time with you my dear. Where else can I find such intelligent conversation? Not many can play with words the way you can Telvi.” Murdoc glanced out of the window again, making sure that the servant was keeping an eye on his carriage. The silly man was looking curiously at his scythe. As long as he kept his hands to himself they would have no problem. He was a bit uncomfortably close however it was no great emergency. When he looked toward the sun he saw that it was steadily sinking. It wasn’t close to being dark however he was running out of time if he intended to get dressed

Well Karis, I should probably be on my way. I have a bit more shopping to do, then I need to go and get prepared for tonight. I’ll head to your place around… maybe six or seven. You’ll know me when you see me. Tata for now.” Grabbing his mask he gave the woman a teasing wave before he swept back out into the street, taking care to shut the carriage door firmly. Making his way over to the cart he shoo’d the man away, giving the horses a pat before he grabbed their reins and lead them across to the fish vendor. He ordered several pounds of fish, checking the contents of his cart. Everything on his list was there… he also had to fill up all those jars on his Ingredient Shelf. With a sigh he set off down the road, taking an alley to get back out to a side street. From there he made his way to the outskirts of the city and got into the driver’s seat, setting the horses back in the direction of home.

The trip back seemed faster however the real task began when he got home. First he had to unload all the sacks from the cart (alone). That took quite a while, but it took even longer for him to store the bags and then fill up all those empty jars. After that it was time to get in the shower, and from there he had to go and decide what body to bring, what to wear, and where the hell he was going to get a mask. He only had one laying around that had once belonged to his Mother (she had always collected strange masks but he’d gotten rid of most of them when he came of age). It would take him the rest of the afternoon to complete all the tasks that he had set for himself before he could leave to go to the Telvi Estate.

══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

He slips in through the back door, and he helps himself to the patients' medicine.
                  He likes to look important and he always looks like he's innocent.
                  And each tale that he tells of the lives that he's saved,
                  Is a spade full of dirt as he's digging his grave.
                  And the deep blackened hallow he's patched with a badge,
                  Is the happiness he's never had.
                  And he says,
                  "It's all right, they know me here.
                  It's all right, they know me, they know me."
And I don't care whether I live or die
I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones
I don't want your honor, it leaves me cold
I don't want your future,
I don't want your past,
One bright moment is all I ask

Melinoe Cavatus

User Image

Melinoe shrugged her shoulders a little and blushed. "Well... It's very unbecoming to get drunk. I've only... overindulged... once and it was not very much fun. However, the circumstances for this event are much more fun... and I might need to relax a little if this turns into a family reunion." Setting her teacup down she stood up and wandered over to Vae's wardrobe. "I am sure I could manage a simple adjustment." Giving her friend a playful smile she went back to looking through Vae's dresses. Pushing some of her bright hair over her ear she sighed. Vae had a large collection of nice dresses... they were all too nice. Mel could barely scrape together six outfits from what she owned. All of her money went towards food and paying research subjects. Scratching her head for a moment she backed away from the wardrobe.

Castor was a good mage, but he wasn't as good as she was... and he certainly couldn't hold a candle to Vae. That didn't mean he wasn't dangerous.... Mel wouldn't lay a finger on him but she wasn't sure if she could say the same about him. He was confused... and overwhelmed. It wasn't his fault. "Now I will be worried all night about him and you. The last thing I want is a fight... Luckily I'm off duty tonight so I don't have to go as a guard as well. My hair would fall out from the stress." Turning back to the wardrobe she pulled out the most modest and simple dress she could find. A dark green dress with long sleeves and a golden trim. It didn't look terribly expensive.

Walking back over to the table and laying it over the chair she smiled. "This will do... I have a mask of my own back with my armor." Sitting back down at the table Melinoe smiled. "Thank you for doing this... I know you won't believe me now... but you might have a good time. The hostess is a very strange woman with a penchant for causing chaos... You might like her. Or you might absolutely hate her and have a new person to add to your ever growing list of lesser beings."
I'm gonna leave my body
Moving up to higher ground
I'm gonna lose my mind
History keeps pullling me down
Pulling me down
You can't bring all the gloom
XXXYour heart is frayed and so empty
XXXXXXXXXYou glorify the future
XLiving in a different world than me

User Image

[Location: Pherae - His Castle Planning Room
[Emotion: Questioning, concerned, uneasy.
[Supplies: His sword, his armor, and his brother.

User Image
                          There was some amusement in watching these two palace officials become undone. Of course he always enjoyed watching Theibrin come undone, the man was just too easy. Easy to fluster, easy to confuse, and maybe it was a tad cruel on his end, but he liked watching the self-conscious mage flounder. Maybe it was because it reminded him that not everyone with great power could be so easily corrupted. There were many secrets in this world, and many of those secrets Theibrin carried within him, or at least the mage thought they were secrets, but the king of Pherae was not so ignorant as to hire a man he didn’t know the first thing about. No, Theibrin was not as much an enigma as he would have hoped, but perhaps that is why Magnus enjoyed watching him unravel so much. Now as for the newcomer in his court, he was uncertain as to her. Where Thei was not an enigma, this woman very well might be the definition of the word. Her face was hard, and her eyes betrayed little to nothing about her. Her lips were pinched in a tight line, and Magnus wondered how the woman prevented sore jaw.

When Theibrin was gone, and his new Commander had finally stood, he moved to lead her to his throne room where the official ceremony would take place. The walk was a quiet one, with the exception of Hadrian’s jibber jabbering and insistent questions that would go unanswered. Upon arriving, the boy was taken into Zavo’s care, and Magnus took himself down the great hall, and to his throne. It was large, even too large for him, and every inch gilded with gold with the exception of the cushions that were a rich emerald green, to match the rich, hand stitched tapestries that adorned the walls, and the overbearing, perhaps even brazen rug that covered the majority of the floor. Cream marble ran with golden rivers through giant columns that sat parallel to archway windows that spread from floor to ceiling, meeting ornate spandrels along the rafters. The ceiling was an elaborate mosaic of chiseled stone and marble, creating shadow puppets along the walls. Even after so many years, this room still overwhelmed him. Still made him feel like a child in adult’s clothing. There were times when he was a boy, maybe five or six that he would hide behind his father’s throne when he thought the man didn’t know he was there, his large eyes taking in the dwarven architecture. He’d felt like a ghost, trapped in the future of a past he longed to know. This castle had been in his family for generations and generations, even longer than the war taking place between Pherae and Zevoria. Still it stood with as much wonder and magnificence – though granted the marble was somewhat faded – as the day it was built. He wanted to know about those that could create such beauty from mundane materials, and make them last. The secrets of this castle were vast, and Magnus knew should these walls ever crumble they would be lost forever.

Taking himself to the throne, he sat between the large arms, and felt himself sink into the thick padding of the cushion. He was silent for a long moment, contemplating the woman who was now kneeling before him as she had been Theibrin not long ago. Such formality was something he was not accustomed to. However, he supposed there was a certain amount of charm to it, and he wanted to get a gander on this woman’s ability not only follow orders, but to think for herself as well. It was her first day here, and thus he should expect nothing less than absolute chivalry.
                          “Let me first, Lady Silverite, welcome you to my castle, and your new home. You’ll notice that the way things are run here are not exactly how you might have been taught at the academy, but you have time to accustom yourself to life in Jeiparan.” Standing, he looked over all those who were in attendance within the throne room. The Advisors who never seemed to give him peace and who had been breathing down his throat for nearly twenty-five years, three sets of guards each placed evenly throughout the room, and his personal courier who stood diligently by the throne waiting for orders that usually never came. The man was in luck today, because for once he’d get to exercise that loyalty he so brazenly brandished.

“Tulus, I have a letter you must deliver, it’s quite private, and so you must deliver it with the utmost care. Can you do that?” The young man perked up, and nodded vigorously. “Good,” reaching into his robes he pulled out a thick envelope, handing it to the man. “The details are all in there, please follow each instruction to the letter. Go now, it must be delivered as quickly as possible.” Offering a smile to the man he nodded for him to be on his way. There were no second guesses, no further questions, the man was simply gone, and the room was left in eerie silence when the door closed, indicating he was gone. Letting out a deep breath, Magnus caught sight of his advisor’s sharing glances, and he chuckled. “You are all such a suspicious bunch,” he said pointedly. “He is simply fine tuning the arrangements for our trip this evening. Do not look so sullen.” Again there were looks shared, as they tried to cover their discontent. ’They think me a fool,’ he thought darkly, his eyes turning away from the advisers who each stood as stiff as poles in a deepfreeze. They were about as pleasant, too.

Returning his attention to Lyla he reclaimed his seat, and looked down at the woman, considering what to say next. There were formal ceremonies, words that had to be spoken, inauguration processes, all of that. Formalities that Magnus had never much enjoyed. Rather he preferred he and his subjects to be on the same page, and ceremonies only intended to create a sense of awe and an illusion of brilliance, but with it, confusion. Taking on the role of Commander of the Guard was no simple feat. She had earned this position, through hard work and diligence, it seemed almost like an insult to recite pre-written words, and promises of greatness and eternal prosperity, when the truth was, they were at war. Nothing was absolute anymore. Of course, Magnus had never been one for custom, however, with his Advisers watching over his shoulder through dead eyes, he was certain that if he strayed too far from tradition, mutiny would be underfoot.

“Guess I best play it by the book then,” he smiled at the woman, beside him, reached for a blade that was much too short for him, but would be perfect for the woman who knelt before him. He could hear the sighs of relief behind him. “As you’ll learn through your time here, Lady Silverite, I’m not one for rules. These sticklers behind me, my consul however would demand that I show you the courtesy of a proper knighting, and so I shall give them their show and afterwards, we'll discuss what's truly in store for you in your new position.” Oh if looks could kill, or even maim, he was certain the glares he was receiving from his advisors would have left him writing on the ground for a good long while. As it were though, none of them held such a special talent that would allow them to hurt him through simply willing it, so for the time being, he was spared.

Standing, he came so that he was mere feet before her, and took a deep breath. He could feel eyes on him, and his chest tightened. Even though these were members of his court, and people whom he had dealt with on a daily basis for decades of his life, he simply could not get over the unease of public speaking. If his wife were still with him, she would be the one speaking.
                          “Lady Lyla Silverite,” he said, his hand gripping the pommel, then the hilt of the blade, and pulling it slowly from the sheathe. The blade was white, crafted by the finest dwarves from over an age ago. It was sharp, it was sturdy, and in his hands he could feel the power within its metallic veins. “You have been invited here by myself, Lord and King Magnus Mari of Pherae, to serve within my guard in these troubled times. We are at war, and in your time at the academy, you have demonstrated the skills necessary to prove victorious. Out of all the cadets at the academy, you showed the most prowess, both in your ability to lead, and to follow orders. You have shown your skill with a blade, your determination, and your tenacity. These are traits all necessary in leading men and women into battle, and teaching them not only how to be victorious, but how to survive. That is why I, Magnus Mari, have chosen you to serve as my Commander of the Guard.” He said this, trying to stave off the shake in his voice. Years of practice had blessed him with a feigned confidence, that was pleasing enough to those who would ridicule him.

Holding the blade out, his grip firm upon the hilt, he lowered it slowly so it rest upon her left shoulder,
                          “I, Magnus Mari, King of Pherae, hereby dub you,” he lifted the blade so it came to rest upon the woman’s opposite shoulder, “Lady Lyla Silverite, knighted into my court. From this day forward, you will lead my men both at home and at war. And for your service to me, I offer you this blade,” he pulled it from her shoulder and held it blade down, “as your badge of service. Now stand, and claim your title. This will be the last day you bow to me.” When the words had left his lips, he let out a deep sigh of relief. Resheathing the blade he offered it to the woman, now named his Commander. It was a title that he know Zavo craved, but it was not one he was willing to give the man. Not who was so hot headed and ready to kill out of pride. Magnus loved his brother, but a cool head was what he needed. But now he had to be sure.

“Now, My consul, you have had your official knighting. If you could leave me to speak with the Commander, I would be most obliged.” He looked back at the men and women who gave him expressions of pure aghast, and he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself. “It was not a request.” He repeated for the second time that day. Venomous glares were sent his way, and he thought how brave they were, when they told him to take no disrespect, and yet they had the audacity to look down upon him. When they were gone, he slunk back down into his seat, and sighed. “One day, I will have the courage to forcefully retire all of them. In fact, I don’t know what’s stopping me. But I digress, I must stay on topic. My Lady, as I’m sure you know, my hold is not safe, nor has it been for nearly a millennium. I have high hopes for you, that in your time serving under me, we may find that peace I crave, and that my people need. So I have high expectations,” he laughed then, and smiled. “But, this is not all about me. This is a big day for you, and surely you have questions you wish answered, so before those spoilsports return, please use this time to ask me anything you wish.” Before the woman had a moment to do such a thing, the doors parted and a servant scuttled in, looking rather out of breath.

“My lord, I do apologize for interrupting,” it took a moment, but Magnus recognized this as the same servant from earlier.

“Yes? Has something else happened?”

“Apparently there was a ruckus at the docks,”
                          the servant rambled quickly. “A guard said he saw Theibrin yelling at nothing, though he said he heard Castor’s name mentioned. Some sort of confrontation,” the servant said. Brow pressed tight, Magnus looked at the man, before nodding.

“I’ll look into it once I am finished here. Could you find this guard and have him report to me in an hours time?”
                          The servant nodded, and then quickly disappeared, leaving Magnus watching after him as the door shut. Returning his gaze to Lyla, he sighed. “I apologize, it’s not usually so hectic around here. It seems Castor is in a mood. I shall see what is ailing him later, but first, do you have any questions for me?”

User Image

The journey ends in death
You're giving up so easily XXX
You are the other half of meXXXXXXXXX
Over the hillsX

Popular Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

Ϻɪcɑɪɑʜ Ɏuɴє Dɑʟ'vɑɑɴ

Oh when that old world died

I went looking for a place to hide

And with no one to confide

☀ ☼ ☀ ☼ ☀ ☼ ☀ ☼ ☀ ☼ ☀ ☼ ☀

Moira’s reaction and Vaati’s face were both priceless, though it wouldn’t have been too much to say that Micaiah expected both reactions. Vaati hated it when he looked less than absolutely magnificent and was embarrassed while Moira seemed to be rather put off by the less than adventurous tale that she’d decided to share. It was amusing to the Shifter. She was all smiles the entire time Moira spoke, but broke out into an excited grin at the mention of pirates. Fighting off pirate scum to steal some kind of cursed object sounded like plenty of fun to her, but Vaati seemed content with the amount of danger they already dealt with on a regular basis. He was right though, they dealt with a great deal most days, most often ended with someone dead on one end of her trident, missing a limb or two or their throats torn out by the jaws of some large beast form or another. The quiet days were Vaati’s favorite, the days when his life wasn’t being threatened by some minion or another. They didn’t have too many of them and that was part of why she felt the need to share the story about the children. He might not have seemed as fancy in that moment, but it had hardly seemed like he was dealing with a bloodthirsty cult of maniacal killers out to take his life and the book that gave him all the enchantments he needed. So much wrong could be wrought with that book that Micaiah felt it never needed to be placed in the hands of those who would use it as such. Vaati merely enchanted clothing to be more magic resistant or to increase one’s accuracy, or enchanted candles to make them float. He didn’t cause strife or wreak havoc and if anyone was going to have that book and use it, she honestly felt that it should be Vaati.

When he glanced at her and began talking of the Sect, her smiles disappeared and a rather serious expression took their place. It wasn’t very often that she wore such an expression, but there were definitely moments. Something as serious as the current conversation demanded an attitude and viewpoint of the same type. She didn’t like the Sect, she never would and she was very well aware of the fact that they were filled with killers and outright crazies. She might not have been able to find a way to keep them out of Vaati’s way for good, but she wasn’t going to approach them, or the subject of them, with anything less than complete seriousness, because they were that dangerous. Micaiah hadn’t expected Vaati to suddenly start telling Moira about the people out to kill him, but it was his story to tell, that was his right alone. She might have been involved during the past sixty-seven years, but she did not feel that it was her right to tell people why she stuck with Vaati or why she was essentially his bodyguard, despite being his best friend. It was only because of those sixty-seven years though, that she knew her little tale of children had not been what forced him into talking about the cult. Though it might have had just a little something to do with it.

“Had I known you were going to tell her, I would have shared a much more exciting story. Like that time one of those silly assassins tried to sneak onto the ship and I had to throw him overboard. Or when a clumsy one or two tripped and found themselves impaled, usually on my trident, but still.” She shrugged one shoulder, not feeling at all awkward about letting out some of their fun little stories. There were many, after so long a time it would be impossible not to have more than a couple dozen. Some were clearer than others, some more dangerous, but she remembered most of all the encounters. Kept the information stored somewhere in the back of her mind just in case she needed it one day. It probably didn’t seem like it, though Micaiah could never tell how other people saw her, but she tried to memorize the Sect’s movement pattern, to see if she could figure out when, where and how they would strike next. At the very least, she was usually prepared should anything happen, which was very good for both herself and Vaati. She was but one Shifter though, fighting off people attacking a ship was a little difficult. Face-to-face confrontations though, she could deal with.

The conversation steered back to pirates quickly enough, Vaati probably didn’t want to spend too much time thinking about people who wanted him dead and she put another smile on, trying to look a little affronted. “Aww, you don’t want to tell them how smelly and unclean they are? I mean, you could easily berate them to death just on how nasty their hair has to be. You don’t think that sounds fun? With your skill you’d probably have them cleaned up and fancy looking by the end of the day and I wouldn’t have to fight anyone.” A little exaggerated, perhaps, but it did seem likely that her best friend would get upset about the horrible clothing pirates probably wore. Not to mention how dirty they were. Hell, they probably made her look like she could do her hair like a Goddess in comparison. She kind of wanted to drag him to go meet pirates, maybe then he would appreciate her careless ponytails a little more. The thought was gone almost as quickly as it had arrived. She rather liked it when Vaati did her hair after all. “Sorry, Firefly, looks like we won’t be able to get you and cursed pirate things. If Vaati doesn’t want to, then we won’t be looking for pirates. Besides, I think I get enough fighting in just with the crazies that he attracts, don’t you think, Vaati?”

☽ ☾ ☽ ☾ ☽ ☾ ☽ ☾ ☽ ☾ ☽ ☾

And this loneliness I can't fight

I ain't bettin' on a worried hand

I keep walkin' through the worried land

Location: Gravitas Manor | Company: Vaati ♥ & Moira | Health: 100% | Current Form: Unshifted

I ain't bettin' on a losin' hand
                                                                  Micaiah's Form Album
Primadonna girl
All I ever wanted was the world
I can't help that I need it all
the primadonna life the rise and fall

Moira Nyx Gravitas

User Image

Moira looked down at her reflection in the shiny oak table as she brushed a few imaginary dust specks off of it. Vaati was quick to save face after the somewhat embarrassing story Micaiah shared with her. In all honesty she knew their lives were more exciting... but it was slightly offensive that they wanted to keep their exciting stories all to themselves. Her request for cursed pirate treasure went ignored at first as Vaati shared a rather interesting little piece of his life. A dangerous cult was chasing him? Moira rarely used the word evil... she didn't comprehend what it meant really... What made something evil or good eluded her and she didn't want to get into the habit of using words she didn't understand it was something that made many people look stupid. With no expression Moira turned her eyes up towards her guests and sat silently while the servant brought in their tea. It was a strong, bitter black tea from a very prosperous Skrit farm. As the tea was brought and left Moira didn't take her eyes from Vaati. He shared with her some instances of the cult's intrusion into his life, but not nearly enough.

Picking up a small porcelain cup she shook her head. "I do not want anything stolen, Vaati. I had no intention of sending you out on a violent conquest for my prize.... but you are a merchant of sorts... and you travel the world meeting other traders of interesting goods. I was simply suggesting that if you were to come across someone selling rare artifacts... You might look into finding my prize." Shrugging she sipped her tea and set it down slowly before speaking again. "I understand if you are too busy... I am sure I can find someone else who is willing to take my money." Giving a content little half-smile she turned to Micaiah. "Do you remember how many people you've killed? Or is it something that doesn't trouble you... Have you killed a member of every race? Which is the most challenging?" Tilting her head to the side she paused for a moment to allow an answer but she felt a little rude for not acknowledging Vaati's confession.

"Excuse me Vaati... I just have a feeling you would prefer your cult kept a bit secret. Secrets bore me if I can't be 100% involved in them. I will spend hours reeling about what makes this cult so "evil" as you put it... but I will not press the issue out of the respect I have for you and our friendship." Taking another sip of her tea she turned back to Micaiah. "Would you like to speak to merchants about my pirate artifact? I can pay you and we could leave Vaati out of it completely, keep it between us girls... Since he is so busy." Giving him a teasing little eyebrow raise her half-smile died and she set her tea down.

Moira pulled a pocket watch out of her jacket pocket and tilted her head to the side. "Do you think your Cult will show up to the party tonight, Vaati? As of now this seems this will be an uneventful affair. I have to hinge my interest on feuding siblings and a hope that I can somehow become involved in the political world. It's my hope to become the negotiator for Zevoria to Pherae. A war is bad for my lifestyle... I have decided to stop it."

Living life like I'm in a play
In the limelight I want to stay
I know I've got a big ego.
I really don't know why it's such a big deal though

Popular Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image
GUARD OF ZEVORIA
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰αℓℓєɳ ʀєєѵє ѵαɳαsρєɳ⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Oh will you ℭѲϺΣ home soon
Come home soon and SȺ℣Σ me
I’m so ℬѲɌΣD
Soul DΣSȾɌѲϒℑℕG gloom
The walls are ℭℒѲSℑℕG in all around

User Image

He’d gotten dressed, his clothing much nicer than what he was used to, but Allen hardly cared about the fineries of dress. The port was his next stop, to take an airship and be there whenever it got there, he usually left early as his weight had a tendency to cause problems. It was as he was leaving that he laid eyes on an irritating little sight. An elf, a strange little creature that seemed fairly twitchy in Allen’s opinion was just outside of Melinoe’s door and from the way he was messing with the lock, it was clear that he did not have good intentions. Allen’s eyes narrowed into an irritated glare as he waited for the man to notice him and when he finally did, all Allen could do in response to the child was let out a sigh. Obviously the Higher Powers needed to stop letting people who couldn’t raise children have them, or something. The way this child was turning out was far from what the dragon considered acceptable, breaking and entering a room while the owner was away, likely with indecent intentions was not something he liked to see in children.

It never really occurred to him that those he considered children would never think of themselves as such, but he hardly cared. In comparison to his two hundred and thirty-one years, they were all just children, the Telvi woman included. He cared very little for the noblewoman, her Seak-Hai blood meant nothing to him, she was a demon and he was an eight hundred pound dragon. What could she possibly do to harm him? In his opinion: very little. "Step away from the door. Its owner is not at home; you have no reason to continue with your senseless act.” He stated quietly, his voice but a low rumble, though that was perfectly normal, all things considered. He stared at Cyrus for a few moments, waiting for any sign of apology for his actions, but there was none, he wasn’t particularly surprised. While the strange little Elf creature was different than any other Elf Allen had met, his intentions were always relatively predictable, he wanted information for the woman he served and would babble until he got it. If that meant breaking in and stealing someone’s things on the side simply because the opportunity had arisen, he would take it. Nothing surprising there. "I have no intention of taking you anywhere, child. If you wish to attend, do so on your own.”

He was finally getting around to responding to the little statement about Telvi. The woman wanted to know about Prince Zikel’s abduction, did she? "Madam Telvi is little more than a bystander and a civilian where it concerns His Royal Highness. If she wishes for information, she and you may fish for it elsewhere. I’ve nothing to say to you or your master.” His lips pulled into a taught line, he was not going to give out any information, aside from what had already been given merely by the situation. If Cyrus could recall that Allen was not fond of parties, he did not go out of his way to attend things such as masquerades, then the little Elf would realize that he was not attending the masquerade because he wanted to, but because he needed to. "If Madam Telvi has any intention of lending a helping hand to the King and Queen in the task that is reclaiming their lost son, then she should appear before them herself rather than sending you here. I will escort you to the gate and you may leave.” He motioned with his head slightly for Cyrus to get a move on and head for the exit, but if he had to pick him up and carry him out, despite how degrading it would seem, he would do so. His job did entail the removal of undesirables from the castle grounds, after all, the method was usually up to him.

"I will tell you one thing, however. Their Royal Majesties have every intention to bring Prince Zikel back. The means are, as of yet, unknown to me.” It was a rehearsed response, one he was supposed to give all those who came asking after the prince and whether or not he would be brought home safely.

Oh won't you ℭѲϺΣ for me
Comfort ϺΣ in the night
I’m so tired of ℱΣΣℒℑℕG sick and tired
Dying at life’s DѲѲɌ all the time

Oh I’m ℒѲℭҜΣD inside
Trapped ℑℕSℑDΣ this body
I can’t GΣȾ out
And there’s not ΣℕѲɄGҤ room
I’m glued to the back of this βѲℕΣ mask
A sinister kid, is a kid who
Runs to meet his maker
A drop dead sprint from the day he's born
Straight into his makers arms

Cyrus Marigold
More useful than he looks

User Image

Cyrus shifted so his backside was resting on his heels and he looked up at Allen with a bored expression. "Senseless? I am attempting to get into Red's room... and I am picking the lock. I think that makes a lot of sense... Senseless would be me trying to get in by licking the doorknob and praying. Although... It might be just as effective. Do you think she's put a spell on it? Care to give me a hand?" Turning back to his work he hoped the grumpy man would just leave. The way he spoke made it clear that Allen was not one of Karis' informants inside the castle... and Cyrus had been very mistaken. Perhaps this was one of the reasons he would never be a spy. "Lady Telvi just wants to know what the current situation is. Her country is very near and dear to her heart... We all took it hard when Prince Zikel was taken. It shook our very foundation. What are we without our darling Royalty? We are who we serve... and I will pass along the message that the King and Queen don't intend to roll over and take it."

"Child?" Cyrus turned his head to look over his shoulder at the man and he shook his head. "The way I see it... We could both die at any moment. Either by some freak accident... or at the hand of someone else. Age is hardly important." Snorting Cyrus turned back around. "I just now realized why I bothered to remember you Allen.... You're awful. You talk down to people and that is why you have no friends." Making an ugly little face at the dragon he turned back towards the door. "Red is a very good friend of mine and she won't mind at all if I go ahead and let myself into her room. That's what friends are for... Maybe you'll learn that someday if you manage to pull your aged head out of your dusty old a**." Chuckling to himself he made an equally condescending move along gesture to the guard. "Better go find a date before you embarrass yourself showing up solo as well as under dressed."

Maybe he was pushing the guard a little too far? Is this what Inara meant by creating an incident? Just as he'd finished the door's lock clicked and rotated. Cyrus grinned and got to his feet. "Look at that... Not even a spell to keep me out. What more proof do you need that she's expecting me. I will see you later, father time." Pushing the door in a little he peeked his head in and took a look at the mess with a laugh. It looked worse than the last time he'd been... it was likely she would never notice whatever he took was even gone.

And that's me, that's me
The boy with the broken halo
That's me, that's me
The devil won't let me be

Popular Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image
Ҟ α ʀ ɪ ʂ Ț ϵ ℓ v ɪ
Sixth Generation Head

User Image▇▇▇▇▇User Image▇▇▇▇▇User Image
Location: Telvi Estate▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ Mood: Amused▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ Company: None

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

It wasn’t often that she came across someone who knew how to work with her and did so well, so when those few came around, Karis was sure to keep them, at least until they were no longer beneficial to her. Murdoc Grimes was probably one of the even fewer number of people that had not already outlived their use, rather he was still good at what he did, he allowed little room for mistakes, if any and that was one of the things that strengthened the odd relationship between the Shifter and the Seak-Hai. Neither of them liked mistakes, they both profited from their business with each other and on top of all of that, Murdoc was better company than most. At the very least, she wouldn’t be bored at the Masquerade. Even though she would have to get a decent amount of work out of the way before Murdoc arrived. “I will see you then.” she replied, amusement showing just barely on her features. “I have a bit of work to do as well before I can begin preparations for tonight.”

Shortly after Murdoc sauntered off, Karis returned to her own work, visiting the people who owed her money, collecting what they had, delivering well placed threats, the like. She enjoyed the faces of those who owed her money very much, watching the squirm was something of a pleasure in itself. The fear on their faces as they paled just lightly, the slight sheen of sweat that they couldn’t hide. There were a few who tried to hide their emotions, but it was very rare that anyone was quite capable of fooling Telvi’s eyes. She’d been in this business for a very long while and she liked to think she caught everything, most times she did.

Upon returning to her estate, she began to order the servants about, someone was sent to prepare a dress, preferably one that no one else could possibly be wearing, meaning one of the many that had been created especially for her by whoever she deemed skillful enough. It had been a great deal of time since she had last attended any such event, she usually preferred to work and get things done, because there was always so much to do, but she didn’t see the harm in going out, just this once, to a party that the entire realm seemed to be invited to. She couldn’t be certain (without a little digging) as to who was attending and who was not, but she had a feeling that she might see something or someone interesting, at the very least. She even had a large number of masks hidden away somewhere, many very expensive, some historical artifacts, but the one she had in mind for the night was simple, yet elegant. She wouldn’t be seen flashing her money about in a tacky way, oh no, if she was going to show anything off, it would be in the perfect setting and in the perfect way. That was how Karis Telvi worked.

User Image▇▇▇▇▇User Image▇▇▇▇▇User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                        OOC: Kinda sorta short.
                                        ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Profitable Prophet

xxxxxxx

Last night a moth came to my bed,
and filled my tired weary head,
With horrid tales of you,
I can't believe it's true.
But then the lamp shade smiled at me,
And it said, "Believe," it said, "believe."
I want you to know it's nothing personal.
--------------- Mood
Anxious / Confused / Amused
--------------- Company
Lehran
--------------- Weapons
None currently.

▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

A smile appeared on Zikel’s face at the idea that Raven would also come looking for him. Even when he was far away from home there were still friends close enough for comfort… it was good to have allies in this strange place. It was just too bad that Lehran couldn’t be there more often. “I would be surprised if he doesn’t already know more about my capture than you and I combined.” He gave the eldest Tanvesi son a sly smile. They both knew that Raven had a knack for getting his hands on information before most people. Zikel chalked it up to all his merchant buddies… merchants were like a sewing circle of women, lots of shared secrets there.

Zikel’s blue eyes shifted to glance past Lehran at the guards who had situated themselves near the door they’d come through. He wasn’t sure if the garden had multiple exits but since the soldiers didn’t seem too keen on hovering over the young men, Zikel guessed that there was either one exit or multiple heavily guarded exits. Either way he motioned slightly for Lehran to follow as he began to walk… arms tucked against his back, padded boots quiet on the soft grass beneath their feet. There wasn’t much to say edgewise when Lehran was talking… the man domineered most social situations, while Zikel was content to sit back and listen.

When his friend expressed contempt for playing nice with other nobles Zikel just laughed at him, kicking a bit of moss mid-step. “Yes, I know how much you hate it… what’s odd is that neither of you are really “nobleman” types.” Zikel lapsed into silence as he listened to Lehran’s plans to dump punch on his step mother. She was a rather horrid woman, he would admit, and Lehran was a good person at heart… yet sometimes he envied his friend’s free way of speaking. He had never dared to be that brazenly stubborn against his parents… but that was the fine line between a Prince and a Noble, he supposed. It seemed easier for Lehran to do what he wanted. Or maybe they were both just grasping for the illusion of freedom.

As they rounded a corner, dark archways visible in the distance that lead to other parts of the castle, Zikel contemplated the situation for a moment. “If you DO dump punch on her make sure you follow it up with a plate of food… something saucy or really sticky. Ooo, or powdery.” He reached over to give his bud a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Pranks were really not Zikel’s style or specialty (unless he was irked first) but he was clever enough to contribute. As they moved ‘round a bush a man suddenly came bolting at them out of nowhere, as if he had been laying and hiding in wait.

Zikel instinctively jumped back, his hand moving for the bag at his waist which had been confiscated. It turned out that wasn’t necessary though because the messenger brandished a sealed envelope at him instead of a weapon. Swallowing the anxiety in his chest Zikel slowly took the letter and watched as the man ran off looking nervous. The blonde Seak-Hai Prince watched as the odd messenger disappeared, and his blue eyes shifted to Lehran. “I wonder what all that’s about…” Looking down at the parchment in his hands Zikel broke the seal and unfolded it, eyes scanning the words that had been written by a hand unfamiliar to him.

Both eyebrows jerked up in surprised and he tilted his head quizzically like a confused pet. It quickly became evident that the letter was from King Mari. However the contents had his head buzzing. He wanted to bring Zikel along for the very party that he had just been discussing with Lehran. “This must be a mistake…” But the more he read the more serious it seemed the King was.. more confounding was the lack of details. Slowly, a bit weakly, he handed the letter to Lehran. So many different implications were swirling around in his head. Apparently someone was being sent to his room to deliver fineries and a mask for this party tonight. But why would you bring a prisoner onto the very border of their homeland? What exactly was the King planning? He ran a hand through his hair and suddenly lil Cal appeared from beneath a shrub, moving to shimmy up his pants leg and hang on his belt.

The first thing that he thought was that he could try to escape. It would be the perfect chance and the closest he would be to home… and from what he had been hearing it was a party open to virtually everyone, from both Kingdoms, so there was a good chance he might even see some of his own people there. He was cautiously excited… but also worried about the consequences. It would be a good chance for someone to make an attempt on his life. A mask might not even be enough to hide his identity if he was arriving with Pherae’s King… after all everyone knew the man’s son was only a child. Zikel sighed gently and said, “Talk about a double-edged sword… whatever is the King thinking… … I guess I should return to my room to get dressed. You’re welcome to come relax in my quarters.” In all honesty he felt more secure having a friend watching his back… rather than the guards. Plus Magnus’ very short letter had said to make sure he arrived at the air docks with Lehran.

Grabbing Cal he tossed the bouncy rabbitkin toward the ground, following in the wake of his happy, soft squeaks. His feet were quiet until they found marble floors again. Moments later the guards had resumed shadowing him some three or four yards back. Once they made it back to his room he moved quickly inside, leaving it open for Lehran while he went to his bedroom to hunt down the clothes and mask that he had read about in the letter. It was there waiting for him, laid out on his bed. Black slacks with a cream colored vest, a fluffy white collared shirt, with a black gold-trimmed trench coat. Zikel was only marginally surprised that the clothes fit him perfectly (he’d been provided with a few other things to wear during the week that also fit pretty well). He lifted an eyebrow at the mask. It was huge and would cover his entire face, with silvery wisps of scales jutting at odd angles, long twisty black horns aimed toward the sky. Stepping in front of a mirror he put the mask on and tied it in place… feeling awkward he walked back into the foyer where he’d left Lehran and Cal (who was sitting on a table edge staring Lehran down intently). “Someone has very interesting taste in masks… speaking of which, where’s yours?” Zikel pulled the mask off of his face for the time being.

▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

Profitable Prophet

xxxxxxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Like smoke your body comes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Through the gaps in the urban slums
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The heels of Inara’s boots thumped quietly against the lush green carpets of the Zevorian Castle. The echoes of her own steps guided her as she made her way through the castle. She passed several people but no one seemed to mind her being there, wandering around. It was one of the Pros of being blind: you were the last person to be suspected. People didn’t really take notice of her when they found out she was blind… because how many blind spies did you really come across? Not many. Most Skrits took on easier professions more tailored to the blind. Reaching out Inara’s hand grasped for a corner and she stood still, ears straining to pick up any sounds of commotion.

As far as she knew she had made her way in the direction of the guards’ quarters, which is where Cyrus said he would be. So far she hadn’t heard a peep out of anyone about him so she knew he hadn’t done anything wrong just yet. But as she stood there the large arching ceilings carried the distant sound of a familiar voice… and the deeper baritone of some unfamiliar person. Inara didn’t waste any time in walking in that direction… however neither voice sounded panicked or angry (she couldn’t make out the words just yet), so she took her time finding her way to them. Inara navigated carefully down a set of spiraling stone stairs and it was when she got to the bottom that the voices cleared up and she could hear their words… not to mention the familiar rattling click of a lock being picked open.

The woman’s delicate pointy ears twitched ever so slightly as she snuck quietly down the hallway, the echoes bouncing around a corner. As she rounded the turn, feet quiet upon the stone floor, she heard what the guard was saying… and she caught Cyrus’ condescending remarks. She clicked her tongue disapprovingly. It looked like she was just in time to keep his a** out of trouble… maybe. The scent of this man, which became stronger as she approached, was unfamiliar to her… Inara doubted they had ever met prior to now. But she was usually in and out of the castle without talking to anyone unless it was a direct order like today.

She breezed past Alan suddenly, appearing as if from the very air, and caught Cyrus by the arm. Inara placed her hand on the wall to balance herself as she jerked on his arm. “Stop,” her voice snapped as she exerted some effort to pull him back out of the room. It wasn’t too difficult… when it came to a match of strength Cyrus didn’t really compare to Inara who did no drugs and took excellent care of her health (as much as her pay afforded, at least). A breath was exhaled as she tugged him away pointedly and then reached out to grope for the door knob, snapping it shut. Inara “looked” in his general direction, her expression a mix of exasperation and amusement.. but there was something in the incline of her eyebrows that told him he’d best keep his mouth shut. “I can’t leave you alone even for a minute, can I…?

Inara turned her head toward the unknown presence, her solid black eyes searching in the darkness. She wasn’t sure all that had been exchanged between these two men… Cyrus was neither elegant nor subtle with his words. If she came up with a lie now and it conflicted something that her partner had said… Well, then they’d both just be in trouble. Crossing her arm over her stomach she leaned forward slightly, giving a very short bow before restanding. “My apologies, sir guard. I left this runt on his own while I requested an audience with your King and Queen to discuss aiding them in finding Prince Zikel. However our business is concluded and an escort to the front gate would be appreciated.” Her tongue shifted, moistening her lips. Hopefully the man could be humored… but then again he wasn’t a man, was he? Nor a Seak-Hai… his aura was more impressive than that. She was sure now, standing before him, picking up on his natural scents as well as the air escaping his lungs, that the man was a dragon. That definitely didn’t help… dragons weren’t exactly known for their good humor.

Main Priority: Find Cy and head home.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Knocking on my door was an evil silhouette;
Knocking this morning a black silhouette.
His eyes were glowing like two lit cigarettes.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Supplies: Spear, knives, first aid kit, cash.
Health: 100/100

Profitable Prophet

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

A tragic demonstration of brazen insubordination, by indigenous insurgents, belligerents, degenerates.
Imagine my bewilderment at the conspicuous dismemberment of all that I had believed, at how we have all been deceived.
Something's wrong, oh very, very wrong here - the chaotic nature of the soured atmosphere.
We have found ourselves participants in their nightmare. I took the blame, the hatred, then with certainty I said,
"I now declare a state of emergency with immediate effect indefinitely.”

Vaermina didn’t really like people but she always enjoyed Melinoe’s company. She probably would’ve never offered anyone else to ride her. Most people weren’t so freely welcome in her home, either. They finished their tea and Vaermina closed up her home, taking Noe outside where the real house was built into the rock face. It wasn’t much more than a balcony with a door that overlooked a very steep mountain valley… she essentially lived in a cave. There she transformed into the large feather red and white body that was her birth claim and her true species, and once Noe had climbed on Vaermina flew off into the setting sun. It only took them about thirty minutes to get there. Vae’s home was fairly close to Eracus even though she lived in the mountain range. She was careful with the young sorceress on her back and her feathers helped to act as a buffer against the window.

As the mansion came into sight she found a place directly in the front to land with a deep thump that vibrated into the sand and earth. In a whipping flash of wind she transformed back into her human body, smoothing out her dress though she didn’t really bother with her mask yet. Nor did she seem concerned with her dress on the floor, though it sat above her ankle. With a grin she nodded, “Of course. Let’s go.” Vae shifted to move past Mel though she paused to look around at the air ships… just taking in all the sights and sounds of civilization. It was so rare that she came out like this. Vaermina allowed Melinoe to take her hand and allowed herself to be pulled along, her eyes searching in the darkness. She ran right into Noe when the girl abruptly stopped and she turned to follow her gaze, staring at the immense battle ship that was looming over them. “Well that’s not suspicious at all,” she remarked sarcastically, though in good spirit.

Following her companion up into the mansion Vae’s eyes dissected the darkness and shadows lingering around them… picking out the shapes and details of peoples bodies and costumes, faces, masks. Someone brushed against her as they moved past, trying to get indoors. She grabbed Noe by the arm and pulled her slightly inside and off to the side. Spying a girl with a drink tray she quickly snatched a couple of glasses as she went past. Turning to look at Melinoe she shook her head, offering one of the glasses. “Fortunately, no. But many people are wearing masks, too many to gather any information on identities.” On that note she grabbed her own mask and slid it into place on her face, making sure the fastenings were tight. Taking a long drink of the sparkling wine she motioned for Melinoe to follow her. “Come on, just standing here makes me feel out of place.

Vaermina set off walking with the assumption that Noe would follow her. She made her way into the ball room, taking a moment to examine all of the crowds before spying a stairwell. Vae made sure Noe was behind her before making her way quickly to the stairs and up them. She moved around looking for a nice balcony where she could look over the crowds rather than try to stare through them. From here she had a better vantage point. This also removed them from the danger zone if anything were to happen since there were only a few people milling around upstairs. Leaning against the balcony rail with a sigh Vaermina sipped from her glass and began to look around the upstairs, examining the people there more closely before looking back into the crowds below where people were laughing, being loud and raunchy. The smell and the noise helped to remind her why she lived where she did… and why she’d made the move to begin with. Society disgusted her.

It was short, sharp, sudden, surprising. Short, sharp, sudden...
It was unfathomable catastrophe. There were things no one should ever see.
Arrests were made arbitrarily, evacuations made mandatory, indefinite detentions, unsolvable killings,
weeks and weeks of agonizing raids, relentless, unexplained physical attacks, gout, goiters, plague, anthrax,
new and unconventional threats, simultaneously secretive & violent events.

Profitable Prophet

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
V A A T I
F E R A Z H I N▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey you, still silent in the eyes of the idols--
Did we believe that you could know?
Hey you, doing everything you can just to blend in--
What was there to show?

-----------------------------------------------------

Vaati didn’t regret blurting out about the Sect, however it changed the nature of their friendship with Moira… made things a little more personal now. His eyes lingered on the mask on the table and he found himself wishing he’d opted for something that covered his entire face. It was too late to worry about that… his horns were rather distinctive among his kind: multi-colored horns were a bit rare in dragon society. He let the girls talk mostly while he focused on the tea, drinking it straight without cream or sugar. Vaati enjoyed bitter tea from time to time, depending on the mood. This afternoon’s mood was more serious and somber and he was not at all surprised that the tea they were served here was so strong.

He seemed to contemplate the idea of telling pirates to clean themselves. But Vaati highly doubted that lot would be as willing to get makeovers as other people were. What did pirates care about appearance? They just wanted loot. He shook his head slightly at Micaiah but didn’t comment on her train of thought, instead making himself busy drinking tea. When Moira spoke his eyes moved up off the mask on the table and found the small, unassuming woman. He should have known what she was implying but with someone like her it was hard to be sure… besides, he tried not to ever assume anything about customers.

Carefully he placed his cup down in its saucer. “We do keep it a secret, for the most part. It’s not business-conscious to inform customers of our other ventures… I still manage to keep my business running but it’s mainly thanks to Micaiah. She’s a talented and skilled fighter; she’s saved my life on multiple occasions.” His gaze strayed over to the woman with her unusually neat hair and he smiled warmly before picked up his tea… swirling the contents and watching as the silt swished in the bottom of the cup. “I’ve been wondering that very same thing myself.

Vaati polished off the cup and refilled it with slow, deliberate movements… this time he added a bit of tea and a splash of creamer in it, stirring it slowly. “I don’t know how but they always manage to find me. I don’t broadcast my location to many people but if they want to find me, I am sure they will be at the party tonight. It’s my sincere wish that they don’t show up, however apologies in advance if a fight breaks out.” Vaati laid his spoon down on the side of his saucer so that he could drink from his cup. After a moment he exhaled quietly through his nostrils. “Maybe you’ll get lucky and many large political influences will attend tonight’s party.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Remember what I told you:
You keep your mouth shut. When you don’t understand its better to be quiet than misunderstood or thought to be stupid or lying.
You must keep your hands still or they’ll think your restless, or bitten by the devil... and this time I hear they’re serious. So please keep your head down and dry.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
And I don't care whether I live or die
I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones
I don't want your honor, it leaves me cold
I don't want your future,
I don't want your past,
One bright moment is all I ask

Melinoe Cavatus

User Image

Melinoe slumped in her chair when Vae mentioned Castor. The woman really had no faith in her sibling, but Mel knew him and she knew he was just torn. Her apparent betrayal tore out his heart, he had a right to be mad... but the fact that he was expected to hunt after her if she re-entered Jeiparan was just cruel. The Chrestomanci family was heinously out-dated. Looking into her tea cup she nodded. "He will behave.... or I will leave. It's not like I was banished for something I didn't do. I'm guilty of turning myself into an abomination, but when they all get to reap the benefits of my research... then I will return home with a parade and a holiday to greet me. It's not ideal... but I have accepted the way my family operates."

Smiling at Vae's acceptance and budding optimism about their situation she sat up straighter. "Moira might be just as jaded with the world as you... Instead of hiding away from it she tries to create an adventure for herself. It's very strange really... she's horribly rude, it's amazing she has so many friends. She's been helping with my research when she can... Perhaps she wants joint credit. She should know Cavutus mage's are selfish when it comes to things of that nature." Chuckling she set the tea cup down. "Or maybe that's just me."

The topic of how they would get to the party came up and both ways seemed less than suitable. She would prefer to teleport using a spell... but she was already drained from the trip to the swamp and the body swap. The last thing she needed was to tap out her magic before a family reunion. "Flying works for me. If you don't mind of course." Finishing the last of her tea she turned around when Vae began speaking to someone else. She spotted one of the sorceress' thralls and grinned. It had a skinned animal over its shoulder but it seemed that it would have the night off. As it waved to her she smiled wider and waved back. The creatures were always so polite. Melinoe watched the sweet thing wander back through the home and she sighed. She could use something like that to keep her room in better order. "The only mask I could find that suited me was a rabbit mask. Allen won't be pleased. But I think it suits me... Rabbits are just so cute. Also, they are delicious... I hope Moira is serving rabbit."

I'm gonna leave my body
Moving up to higher ground
I'm gonna lose my mind
History keeps pullling me down
Pulling me down

Popular Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

ℒץℓα Sɩℓѵҽɾɩʈҽ
                                            I had a dream that I could fly
                                            I can feel each moment as time goes by

User Image

The ceremony was… as she had expected and no less. It was the king that was continuously confusing her, even if it was only slightly after first, but it seemed to be something… that would not end until she understood a little more about him, aside from the fact that he was, obviously, the king. Poking fun at the councilmen standing behind him to overlook the ceremony was not something Lyla had expected, but she did not let that show on her face, keeping a rather impassive mask about her. It was quite possible that he was testing her, to see if she would join in or remain silent or even defend the council, but she would simply remain silent, doing only as she deemed necessary. Her role was not to protect the council from verbal abuse or any such nonsense, especially not if those words came from the king himself. Her place, as she knew it, was guarding the king and his family, first and foremost, the council came second and she only needed to guard them from physical threats and of course, she would protect the citizens whenever and wherever she could.

She rose and accepted the sword when it was offered, her expression carefully neutral as he verbally forced the council from the room. Lyla was not the type to jump to hasty conclusions, but she did try to assess everything that happened around her. The removal of the council from the room could mean many things, but it didn’t seem as though the king thought they were disloyal or likely to betray him, as he continued to almost playfully mock them when they were gone. Whatever sort of relationship he had with the council, at the very least, it didn’t seem threatening to either group. She didn’t want to deal with enemies inside the castle as well as outside during a time of war.

The king had yet another surprise in store for her when he asked if she had any questions. She had been expecting him to merely expect her to do her job and that be that. Apparently King Magnus Mari was very different from the few nobles that Lyla had worked for prior to her previous position in Oriel. For one, it was beginning to seem that he actually valued the opinions of others, another that he took the time to get to know his closer subordinates on a personal level. He seemed to know the mage Theibrin quite well from what she was able to ascertain within that brief moment earlier. Dealing with this man was going to be something entirely new for Lyla Silverite, but not only the king, it seemed that the people he employed in the castle would be a headache as well. That man Castor seemed to be causing problems again. It was a very good thing for that man that he was not one of the knights inside the castle as Lyla would not tolerate such behavior from anyone under her command and that would certainly be her first order of business when dealing with the knights in the castle. Ground rules. They would learn quite quickly how to behave themselves unless they wished to be punished and any punishment she handed out was sure to be both grueling and beneficial to the kingdom.

“An apology is not necessary, your Highness.” she replied once the servant had gone. She had to silently remind herself that the king had already said she was not to bow to him, not anymore, though she certainly would on more than one occasion, all things considered. “If I might ask… what is your intention? You plan to attend a masquerade ball in Eracus, what for?” She was certain that he knew the dangers of such a thing. Everyone would be wearing a mask, making it more difficult for Lyla to differentiate between friend and foe. There was hardly a single person in both kingdoms that was well off enough to attend such a party that wouldn’t recognize Magnus. He was remarkably tall, nearly a foot taller than Lyla herself and while she knew she was lacking in height, most people did not tower over her in quite the same way the king did. He drew attention to himself. It was highly likely that there would be an attack on his life. She would have to spend the extra moment memorizing the build, body type and movements of anyone that came near him, just in case. That would hardly be pleasant. That was not the only danger that was being posed. He planned on bringing the captive prince with him as well. If there wasn’t an attempt on the king’s life, there would be an attempt on the prince’s life and in any other circumstances, Lyla would not be inclined to help him, but considering what Zevoria’s reaction would likely be to their prince being murdered, she had no choice.

In simpler terms, Lyla wanted to know if the king was insane. He was beginning to seem a little off in the head and more so with each passing moment. Whether it was because he was a noble capable of using manners, or if it was the fact that he himself was so peaceful that he was ill placed in war time, she wasn’t sure. Lyla hated being unsure. It left too many variables, too many openings. She wanted to be certain of all things, though she knew quite well that was impossible. She would simply have to work with what she was given and use it to the best of her ability. If that meant searching for things to remember each and every aspect of each person at the ball… then she would do so, but she still wished to know what the king’s intention was. Why was he doing such a dangerous thing when he obviously knew just how dangerous it was? The only conclusion she could come to based off that information was that he had a plan, he wished to do something, but Lyla could not be certain as to what. It would be much more beneficial to his safety if she both knew and understood what he was doing and why. “I’ve no wish to attend the masquerade blindly and I do not know your majesty well enough to make assumptions.”

User Image
                                            We'd never be too far away
                                            You'd always be here, I heard you say.

Ȼσɱɱαɳɗҽɼ σʄ тɧҽ Guαɼɗ

User Image

Popular Prophet

4,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image
GUARD OF ZEVORIA
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰αℓℓєɳ ʀєєѵє ѵαɳαsρєɳ⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Oh will you ℭѲϺΣ home soon
Come home soon and SȺ℣Σ me
I’m so ℬѲɌΣD
Soul DΣSȾɌѲϒℑℕG gloom
The walls are ℭℒѲSℑℕG in all around

User Image

Cyrus was trying what little patience Allen had. He was a strange little creature, that was obvious, but his blatant disregard for the boundaries of others irritated the dragon and an irritated dragon… was not a pleasant thing. Luckily for the little elf, his friend came to his rescue before Allen could take hold of his shirt and literally throw him from the castle grounds. It took half a moment for him to recognize the woman as a Skrit. She was blind from birth and yet still made eye contact to the best of her ability, that was strange, interesting, but strange. The woman had ceased Cyrus’s actions within moments, pulling him from the door and closing it soon afterward. She had an audience with the king and queen about aiding the prince? That was hardly something someone would lie about, as it would be very easy to find out who had a public audience with the king and queen and who did not, on top of that, Allen wasn’t one of the estranged guards, he knew both the king and queen rather well, for a guard. He had been there for a very long time after all. "Of course.” he replied blandly to her request for an escort. "One must be sure that he keeps his hands away from what is not his, after all.”

He was fairly certain the woman already knew that Cyrus was a little thief and he wanted her to know that he knew as well. He did not feel the need to mention the Telvi woman. He was not one of her informants within the castle, though there were many and it was impossible to remove all of them and keep the place functioning, as infuriating as that could be from time to time, but she had never displayed any urge to rule over Zevoria, so the country’s safety as well as that of the royalty seemed to be in her best interest so nothing was done about it. Cyrus, however, had made the mistake of mentioning her name to Allen, who was not fond of the Seak-Hai, and now he was very much aware of the fact that she was looking into the prince’s disappearance, so much as sending people to the castle to see what she could discover. There would be little, especially if the only guard they’d managed to come across was Allen who really did not like Cyrus at the moment. If the king and queen had said anything to the woman though, it would be another matter altogether. He supposed he would find out eventually, at the moment, he needed to be sure that these two made it off the castle grounds with no more problems.

"This way.” He grumbled, motioning with a slight jerk of his head for the woman to walk down the hallway first. It wasn’t the widest hallway, as this was where the living quarters for most of the guards were, but at most it could fit two people walking side by side. He wanted to keep Cyrus in sight, so it made sense to send him and Inara first. The Skrit were an interesting race, he did not see them often and would take this moment to know a bit more about them. They were blind, but that hardly seemed to hinder this woman, who did not seem to be caring for plants in the least. Without sight, smell and hearing were the next best senses and he watched her carefully for a moment, she held herself much differently than Cyrus, obviously didn’t abuse any strange substances, probably didn’t break into people’s rooms with the intention of stealing their things and other inappropriate acts, but she was fit, much more than most Skrit he’d laid eyes on. That was different as well. "Tell me your name as well. If this one has a keeper it would be best to know whom to tell of his actions the next time he comes here.” Considering how Cyrus had stopped and followed Inara without hitting her, cursing her or any other sort of action, it looked like she had some kind of sway over him. Allen was not above abusing that influence if Cyrus made it necessary during one of his other little trips.

Oh won't you ℭѲϺΣ for me
Comfort ϺΣ in the night
I’m so tired of ℱΣΣℒℑℕG sick and tired
Dying at life’s DѲѲɌ all the time

Oh I’m ℒѲℭҜΣD inside
Trapped ℑℕSℑDΣ this body
I can’t GΣȾ out
And there’s not ΣℕѲɄGҤ room
I’m glued to the back of this βѲℕΣ mask

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items