Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

"Oh that hurts," Death said, but the humor was gone from his voice, "Hate is such a strong word. Supreme-dislike, malcontent, even abhorrance, but hate? Really? You cannot hate what you need. And lets face it, you mortals need us. But that's a point for another day. What do you think, Theibrin?" Death's grip tighened upon him, but Theibrin didn't respond. Instead, he stared ahead, not really seeing Vaati any longer. Instead he just saw a shadow in front of him, his vision wavering in and out as he tried to understand. This was all a century long plot? Longer? Hundreds of years in the making and all because of a few dragons who worshiped a whack god. For some reason it all seemed so unfair. All of it was wrong. And he didn't now how to feel, or what to do. There was a lump in his throat, he didn't even realize that Death's glamor was gone as his mouth opened and closed, repeatedly trying to find the words to say. Nothing ever came though, and when Death stepped away, the necromancer didn't even notice the change. He was so cold.

"See, that wasn't so hard, now was it," Death said, and Thei's eyes flickered to the creature, his expression twisting. "Oh, that's just a pitiful look, Theibrin. It's not becoming of you. Just because you know the truth now, it doesn't change anything. All is how it's always been, and will always be." Death came around and knelt in front of him, a cold hand coming to grip either side of his face. It could have almost been comforting, if it weren't the deity of despair and decay. 'You think far too negatively, Theibrin. Death is Life, and Life is Death. Remember that. It's as Light and Dark is Dark and Light. One cannot be without the other, and if there is too much of one, well you know.' Death pulled back and stood, looking at Vaati once more, crossing his arms.

"Yes, it's all your fault. Everything that has happened is all your fault. Despite Adimis taking your virginitiy knowing what would happen. Despite Malladus killing Adimis without Veznia's consent. Despite Veznia requiring vessels. But yes, it's all your fault. How do you live with yourself I wonder?" Theibrin winced at Death's words.

"H-ha-haven't you d-done enough," Theibrin finally found his voice. A low desperate plea for the entity to just- "J-Just s-stop. P-please."

"Oh so polite. I always did like that about you, no matter what the circumstances, you're considerate, to a fault." Death's voice was drawn then, and he looked at Vaati. "It was the same as you, when you were his age. Do you remember. So young. Naive. Considerate of everyone around you. Never able to just say what you wanted to say!" Death growled, and the chill became unbearable, so much so that Theibrin lifted his arms to cover his face. It did no good, the chill seemed to go right through him. Death took a deep breath, and even to Theibrin it seemed exasperated. What was the entity even trying to prove by doing this. What did it gain by ripping their hearts out and squashing them? What was the point?

"My point, Theibrin," Death said, looking between them, "Is that all you mortals are so focused on yourselves and your problems, you never stop to think that there is more at work. More above and below you. You take what you "know" and project it on everything around you, and make base assumptions so you can feel better about yourselves. It's easier for Vaati to live with what happened, if he blames himself completely. It's easier for you to live with yourselve, basking in this idea that you somehow deserve what you've been given. But never, did either of you consider, that maybe there was a reason." If one could say Death threw temper tantrums, Theibrin thought this was the closest thing. Death waved his arms around, and raised his voice, and the mage thought it odd, just then, that there was no comment fromt he other side of the dungeon. Weren't there others down here?

That thought was interrupted though, as he he was hefted to his feet. A guttural cry escaped his lips before he could stop it, his vision fading to white. Where Death held him, he turned to ice. A blistering cold that overshadowed even the ache in his back and muscles. "It's time to go, Theibrin. And I am deeply sorry, but this venture shant be an enjoyable one for you. But know, it'll reap the results you need to save your precious king. If he is worth saving. Master Vaati, I will return momentarily, and we shall finish this discussion." And like that the cell vanished. It was a split second of splitting cold that was fire, and then it was darkness. When the moment passed, and his vision cleared, he was in an unfamiliar room, that made his nostrils burn. Death held him firm. It was hard to breathe as the chill seaped into his lungs. Around him he heard movements, and Death's deep voice, "Boys, Marigold, Grimes," Death Greeted, "this man has a proposition for you. I trust you wont kill him." And then Death's grip was gone.

For the third time in less than a day, the necromancer fell. This time at least he was spared the shame of falling on his face, as his knees, instinctually, caught his fall. Staring ahead, his heart pounding in his chest, he was light headed. Before him, he saw two men, one of them he recognized, the flaming red hair, and blistering green eyes. That was the face of the elf who had tried to assassinate the prince of Zevoria, and last night, tormented Theibrin's only friend. The other, seemed to be an enigma that frightened him. His surroundings were stone, darkness, and gold. A lush and uninviting abode that sent spiders crawling over his flesh. Death was thick here, not physically, but the aura, Theibrin recognized it, and he feared it.

OoC:
And I don't care whether I live or die
I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones
I don't want your honor, it leaves me cold
I don't want your future,
I don't want your past,
One bright moment is all I ask

Melinoe Cavatus

User Image

Melinoe deflated against the door as she waited for further instruction from Vae. In truth, she wanted to abandon whatever they had been doing to check on the prince. She'd only ever observed him from afar... but part of her had accepted him as someone she should be responsible for. Not just professionally either, there was something about him that needed to be allowed to grow. Or, maybe she just missed having family and was trying to build her own. Naturally she wouldn't settle for people who weren't spectacular.

As Vae began to speak, the witch listened with wide eyes. Before the wolf had finished Melinoe nodded and began moving around the room to get things ready for a quick departure. Using all of her strength she shoved and dragged the heavy doll into a plain pine box coffin near her bed. She'd send someone to collect it. After throwing a few other personal effects on top of it, she finally said something in return. "I'm not afraid to go back to Jeiparan. I'm tired of running and there are more than a few people I owe apologies too." Turning her bright eyes towards Vae she smirked. "I'm looking forward to helping Zikel. I don't need any grand reason. It just feels right." Perhaps she had some small gift of intuition, or maybe not. Either way she wouldn't argue, everyone had a part to play in the coming months. She was worried her part would take her down a path of destruction... and perhaps it would eventually but maybe she wouldn't mind if it evolved from a path of protection. Only time would tell.

Moving towards the door again Melinoe laughed. "I trust you to the end Vae. You don't owe me answers, I'll figure them out for myself. That's half the fun anyway." Pulling the door open she allowed the wolf to enter the hall first. She locked her door but removed the enchantment from it. She didn't want to make things difficult for whoever was tasked with gathering her things.

A short trip up a long flight of stairs put Melinoe and her strange companion back on the castle's ground level. The grand drawing room was located within the castle's main building, the trip gave Melinoe time to think. Her eyes wandered up to the tall spire she was in the night before and she suddenly came to a stop. Giving a disappointed little sigh she crossed her arms... but eventually kept walking. "... Dang. Finally found a good one and now I'm leaving. Figures." Digging the toe of her shoe into the ground she lead Vae into the ornate halls leading to the drawing room. There was a growing crowd of servants and guards attempting to listen in on what might be going on inside.

"Can you hear anything!?" "Shhh!" "Do you think they'll fight?" "How did he escape Jeiparan? Was it that woman?" "What woman?" "A shifter brought him through here... Do you think they're... you know?" "I seriously doubt it." "Shhh... shh I think I hear the Queen?"

"What is this!?" Melinoe interuppted the gossiping with a strong question. Crossing her arms she shook her head. "Don't you all have work you should be doing? If not... is this really where you want to be when any of the people in that room decide to leave it?"

"Who are you?" "Shut up! She's the Iron Maiden." "That's the Iron Maiden? Really...?"

"Get lost! All of you... or I promise you you'll be on the next ship out of Morheim."

The crowd slowly pulled themselves away from the door and gave her looks that varied from disappointed to hostile. Melinoe didn't seem to mind as she took her usual guard's stance in front of the door. It felt weird standing here in her own body. It was so much warmer here than she imagined it would be.

After the crowd was gone Melinoe stood silently for a brief moment before pressing her ear against the door. Lowering herself she tried to peer through the keyhole the same way the gossipers had been doing before. Nothing.

Pulling away she wondered if she should risk attempting to use a spell. Surely someone in there would be able to sense a foreign magical presence... and her signature aura was hard to mask. Sighing she looked to Vae. "I guess we wait.... I should have asked one of those people to send a message for me. Just an open ended invitation to Jeiparan.... nothing formal. I don't think that's weird... he asked me on a date first after all. If anyone's weird it's him. I won't give it another thought... This is more important." Giving Vae a solid nod she stood up and turned away from the door. "Gotta focus."

I'm gonna leave my body
Moving up to higher ground
I'm gonna lose my mind
History keeps pullling me down
Pulling me down
You've applied the pressure
to have me crystalised
and you've got the faith
that I could bring paradise.

Cyrus Marigold
More useful than he looks

User Image

Cyrus hadn't been able to sleep since they found the basement. Not well anyway. He usually wasn't the kind to be so easily rattled, but what little sleep he got was haunted by nightmares. They often began differently, but ended the same. With him walking down those steps, turning on the lights and following a trail of blood and feathers to that ghastly chair. He'd see a broken bloodied girl.. her wings ripped and torn, her head rolled back unnaturally far. It only took moments for him to realize he wasn't alone. Someone was still there... blocked from view. He could hear the sound of someone digging through flesh and then the corpse's head would roll again. He would lock eyes with Inara's mangled body and then wake up in a cold sweat.

Rather than deal with that baggage, he took to wandering at night. He had informed Karis about what was going on in the house and she told him she'd look into it. But he was given strict orders to stay un-involved until further notice. Naturally, he couldn't leave well enough alone. Trading most of his Lloxera away he tried to learn what he could from the cities miscreant population. Nobody could tell him more than he already knew. Someone was covering this guy's tracks.

After another unsuccessful night of conversation Cyrus snuck back through Inara's window and took his place on her couch. Her home was warm and quiet... he knew they were safe but that made him feel more uneasy. He hated that he couldn't relax. Inara's home was tainted now... tainted by him and everything he'd put her through. Getting to his feet he moved quietly to stand by her door. To his surprise... she was gone. There was a note on the edge of her bed, she scolded him for sneaking out without telling her and warned him that he better be around when she came back. Her own reason for leaving was Karis-related. Inara was given a mission and she had been instructed to leave him behind. Cyrus felt very empty as he took the note back to the couch. If he moved it, she'd know that he read it.

The elf looked around the dark apartment, without Inara around he felt like an intruder. Usually he loved that feeling... but tonight it made him feel guilty. He was worried he'd taken too much from her this time. How far would he go to keep her around? He didn't know the answer, and it scared him.

"********. I can't be here." Breaking the silence with a dry voice Cyrus stood up and went back out the window. He needed to go somewhere else. Anywhere else. Somewhere ill-advised and dangerous so he could stop thinking.

He wandered until he found someone willing to take him to Murdoc's home. Another ounce of Lloxera gone, another favor he'd owe yet another unpleasant person. Cyrus didn't mind all that much, he'd rather owe someone than pay them and most of the people he knew would disappear before they ever found him again.

Cyrus didn't know what to expect when he knocked on Murdoc's door. He never did. The man could have been in any body, any mood, any mindset he wanted. Luckily for Cyrus the man seemed ready to entertain a guest. They spoke for a while about business, then they compared war stories. Cyrus listened mostly, every gruesome detail putting him more on edge and ironically more at ease.

Eventually Murdoc stopped talking. Content to sit and watch his fire burn. Cyrus wasn't sure if the man had dozed off or not, but he had no interest in watching anything else burn. Getting to his feet he took a little tour through Murdoc's home. He didn't take anything, or go where he'd be expected to go in this situation. He didn't like being so predictable. Instead, he went to Murdoc's bedroom. He wasn't even sure why... Cyrus had all the facts and he knew very well what a dangerous place that could be. Staring at the soft, messy linens on the bed he wondered what had gone on here during Murdoc's little vacation from the world.

Again, without really knowing why Cyrus took off his shoes and spread himself across the bed's soft surface. He closed his eyes and thought about all the horrible things that could happen to someone like him in a place like this. As visions of his own abuse and torment danced through his mind he was pleased to see that the basement didn't appear. Inara was far from his thoughts as he navigated his own dangerous life. Sleep came much easier.

Loud banging brought Cyrus back to the waking world. Lifting his head he spotted Murdoc getting changed and rolled lazily over to face him. Keeping his head relaxed against the soft pillows he tried to enjoy the little reverse strip tease Murdoc was giving him.

"Found this one first." When the man asked him a question Cyrus frowned. "Not sure. The girlfriend's got better things to do than me this morning. I thought I'd come here and make her jealous." The cat jumped up onto the bed and joined Cyrus watching Murdoc get ready for his day. Reaching out he scratched the little beast behind its ears causing it to purr happily.

Murdoc finally got around to what he really wanted to know and Cyrus' face fell. All things considered he thought he looked pretty good. His nose had healed, his bruises were gone the only thing that remained was a faint scar where his lip had been split open. That and a missing tooth. Rolling over and pulling a pillow over his head Cyrus evaded the question. "I always look like that. "

Cy's head was still under the pillow as Theibrin dropped into the room. The elf picked his head up as he heard the loud thump. Sitting upright he studied the man who'd suddenly appeared. He was vaguely familiar... but Cy couldn't place him right away. As the man looked around apparently just as confused by his situation as Cyrus was, the elf finally put two and two together. He was missing a few bits but this was the clown who pulled him off the crown Prince at Moira's little shindig. Cyrus looked over to Murdoc with a frown. "Now I know why you were trying to get rid of me." Sliding forward so he was peering over the edge of the bed at Theibrin the elf grinned. "Nice to see you again... Didn't realize we had a friend in common. Are you going to join us this morning?" Tapping the empty space on the bed next to him Cyrus laughed. "You look worse than I did the night I 'died.'" Without warning, Cyrus' voice shifted from teasing to venomous. "Do you remember that? I do... bits an pieces anyway... before they caved my skull in." Smiling nicely again Cyrus leaned his chin in his hands. "Murdoc... What the ******** is this a*****e doing here?"

Things have gotten closer to the sun
and I've done things in small doses
so don't think that I'm pushing you away
when you're the one that I've kept closest.
+Castor Chrestomanci+
User Image

He didn't think to cover the smell of the burning letters up. He assumed it might have blended in with the mechanical smell of the airships. He was wrong... paper and machinery smelled much differently. Luckily, his brother had more on his mind.

Castor closed the door behind Aldous and took a seat on the small cot he slept in. He allowed Aldous to sit in the chair from his workbench and as his eyes trained on the younger Chrestomanci, Castor felt his throat tighten. Aldous spoke first about the state the castle was in, overrun by demons and thrown into chaos. Castor had to agree it was horrible. He nodded agreeing with Aldous' claim to the castle and his right to check in on how it was operating since the takeover.

Their agreement with one another was short lived however as Aldous turned his temper towards his brother. Castor's eyes snapped to meet Aldous and his hand nervously twitched in his lap. As the man laid into him Castor's eyes lowered again and he nodded. They should have been past those mistakes, he knew better. Aldous brought up Melinoe first and Castor flinched. He felt his face getting red as Aldous said horrible things about her. He wasn't angry... he was ashamed. Growing more so by the minute.

Castor was ready to tell Aldous everything he wanted to hear long before the man began to threaten him. Every harsh word cut to Castor's core and he wished more than anything that the man would stop and give him a chance to make it right. When he did Castor spoke without hesitation. His voice was panicked and that made it easier to try to spin the truth in his favor.

"She was there. I would not lie to you Aldous. You are my family... she's... she's just a monster now. Wearing that suit... she's not even human anymore. She helped me escape but not because of any love in her heart. It was to embarrass me and send you a message. She wanted you to know how strong she's become... what she's capable of." Castor felt his throat beginning to tighten and he shook his head. "I didn't want to believe she was really gone. I was stupid... I agreed to go on that mission for selfish reasons. I knew it was suicide... but I had to see for myself. I wish I hadn't...." Sniffling a little he shook his head. "You were right all along."

Castor closed his eyes and silently pushed away the horrible things he'd said about his sister. She was safe in Morheim. He just had to remember that. "The ambush that left the rest of my party wounded was unavoidable.... Someone told Viserion we were coming. Zavo... He's been a spy for Morheim all along and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't working with Moira Gravitas. Zavo sent us on the mission, Gravitas got us across the border. With or without me that trap would have been sprung.... Someone has been poisoning the King. The demons would have you believe it was an elf lieutenant but they are lying... They've been hiding in this city for years... So many of them. I think your work is the only thing that's been keeping them at bay. But even we couldn't have known how deep this rot had set in. The King's own brother? It doesn't seem real." Castor was speaking honestly now and the anger in his voice was unmistakable . He was furious that this had been allowed to go on.... How could nobody see it?

Run run through the thicket and the barley,
run run for the sake of your good name.
Run run for the puzzle of it all
for the child in your heart that's taking all the blame.

User ImageUser Image

It was rare for Adimis to be faced with wit as quick as his own, and there was an unsettling notion, that perhaps he was beat. No, he decided, he may have been captured, but he was not defeated. Not by Malladus, and not by some s**t-faced hybrid with a god complex. Adimis had news for this brat. He may have been ******** by a god, but he was no god. "Some would call it a curse. You're so brainwashed you don't even know what a true blessing is. It's honestly pitiful." He didn't even try to come up with a snarky one liner. It was clear there was no point. It was a battle of egos now. Ezekiel may have thought he had a one up on Adimis there, but the dragon had been playing the game a lot longer. Even if he didn't have some misfit god's ... no, he pushed that thought aside, it was something he'd rather not think about. He knew of Veznia's ways, better than most. The god of Deals and Trickery was playing this arrogant little p***k just as he played everyone else, but Ezekiel was clearly too blind to see it. Clenching his teeth, his eye thinneed as the young hybrid ranted and raved. This was definitely a child of the sect. "I see Malladus in you, and his flair for the dramatic. Veznia is so much more profoud than you, so much more charming, even in his villainy."

Adimis was pushing his luck he knew, especially when the dark haired, bright eyed creature started throwing around the word imbecile. It sounded so strange coming from him. However, when the misfit started to speak of Vaati, Adimis eyes thinned. "Don't talk about matters you know nothing of," he growled, his voice low, the threat clear. "And don't go underestimating me. Malladus was never able to tame me, for all his years, for all his power, he was still powerless to get what he wanted out of me. I made sure of that when I destroyed Vaati's chance for the running as Veznia's b***h." Nostrils flaring, his shoulders tensed as he regarded the hybrid. No, he did not see Veznia's grace in this being, he saw fanaticism. Zealotry. He saw Malladus. This creature in front of him, was truly disgusting, and he ached to know that Theibrin shared his blood. Thank the gods that his son had been spared Veznia's mark. "You're right about one thing, though, you are nothing like Vaati. You're a hollow shell willing to bend over and take it because it makes you feel powerful. For your information. Whether or not you're a slave to a mortal or a god, you're still a slave. You have no real power. Vaati was able to see that."

There was much more he could say. Much more he wanted to say, but the words were lost when Ezekiel crossed the threshold, entering the cell. Oh, the door was unlocked. He rolled his eyes. Of course it was. "I have a newsflash for you, Ezekiel," he hissed, unnerved by how close the hybrid was. Ezekiel's aura filled his stomach with a bitter, sticky patch, and his throat constricted. Veznia's aura consumed this hapless creature, and he knew that there was only darkness. "You were never innocent." Was Ezekiel even listening, Adimis didn't know, but when the boy pressed flush to him, he went rigid, his breath thinning despite himself as clawed fingers came to rake through his hair. A shudder ran along his spine and he bit back a startled breath when Ezekiel whispered in his ear. For a moment, his heart ceased to beat, sweat pooling on the back of his neck. The hybrid was preying on him, bringing up that horrid woman and her wicked ways. And Adimis grimaced. "Get off of me," he hissed, with as much power as he could muster, but even as he tried to ignore the half-breed's words, he had never really forgotten.

Without any warning, Ezekiel's manicured claws tore through the thick fabric of his blouse, revealing his chest. An angry flush colored his cheeks and he did his best to twist away, but he was pinned under the hybrid, whose claws were tracing along the scars that had long since healed but would always ache. "You say I think highly of myself," he hissed, before letting out a derisive laugh, filled with nothing but hatred and disgust. Though in his mind he knew this boy, this thing, was not truly his son, there was a part of him that twisted in disgust at the boys presence atop him. There was no doubt in his mind that this thing would honor his threat, but Adimis called his bluff. "There is absolutely nothing you can do to me, that Malladus, Veznia, and Delacroix have not already done," he snapped, but went still as death when Theibrin's name left Ezekiels lips. "You will not touch him," he growled, his body tensing. "Veznia wont be able to save you if you so much as go near my son." In that moment precedence held true as he acted without thinking it through - or maybe he just wanted to prove to this smug brat that he wasn't the only power in this room. Whatever it was, they had made a sore mistake leaving his legs umbound.

Every ounce of strenght he had left to his being was used in that moment, his leg flying out, releasing years of fear, anger, and revenge on the the vessel of the father of treachery.

Profitable Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

↯↯ UNDER » THE a r c h e s OF MOONLIGHT AND SKY

xxxxsuddenly easy to contemplate w h y
                                xxxxsuddenly easy to contemplate w h y - - - ➔

Viserion watched as Zikel moved to sit back down… he was gaping, staring openly at the King’s marred face. It was more than just simple shock… it was as if a veil were lifted from Zikel’s eyes. His entire life he’d been raised with this silly notion that Viserion was untouchable… invincible… any injuries were healed within 24 hours, even the most severe… and now his son saw him as he did any demon… someone that could be injured. He didn’t like it. Vis didn’t enjoy facing his own mortality. He cleared his throat slightly, fixing his gaze on Moira instead. He nodded slowly at the woman. “Of course. I am glad to hear it.” There were many things they needed to discuss… not all of it appropriate to talk about in front of someone like Moira. She was a little vulture… feeding on gossip to further her position in life. Anything that was said in front of her would likely spread like wildfire. As if that weren’t bad enough the doors suddenly screeched open.

Viserion shifted aside, moving to take a seat next to where Zikel had been sitting as Aeleyah rushed into the room. She moved to quickly embrace Zikel and the emotional display was enough to make his stomach turn. His mixmatched eyes shifted to Moira as mother and son were hugging and he shrugged one of his shoulders, moving to lean back in the chair and make himself comfortable. Zikel was making the introductions, going through the motions of courtesy… just like he’d been taught. Zikel wasn’t a horrible son… he had a lot of respect for tradition and protocol and he had always tried his hardest to fit in to what was expected of him. If what Zavo said was true about Zikel teleporting himself out of Jeiparan, then Zikel was actually more skilled with alchemy than he’d ever let on. But Aeleyeah… she would have him be weak. She was a weak woman, far too emotional, and it had rubbed off on Zikel over the years. They were both too sensitive for their own good… sensitivity got one into trouble or worse, killed.

Eventually Zikel had Aeleyah sit and he himself moved to sit down. One final servant came in to bring Zikel some very expensive wine. Normally he would’ve had a smart remark to say about it… but Zikel would be gone again by tonight… Vis might as well let him enjoy his time in the castle. Naturally the first thing the prince wanted to talk about was Aeleyah’s bulging belly. It was becoming more noticeable with each week that passed and the prince wasn’t the only one who had taken notice. The servants had been talking about it as well, spreading it around amongst the soldiers. They had made no official announcements to the city yet. With the war raging the timing just wasn’t right… now that it was over they could think about such things. Vis should have predicted what was coming next… Zavo. He kept his expression trained… he wasn’t going to let this insubordinate welp catch him off guard in front of two women. Vis ran his tongue along his teeth… staying quiet as he allowed Zikel to dig his own grave.

He did look at Moira, a simple glance… he was uncomfortable with her having access to such questions. But Zikel refused for her to be sent away… he was braver than he’d ever been before… that or he was just incredibly stupid. His time away from Morheim had dulled his senses. How dare he talk to Viserion like that… Moving to sit up a little straighter he didn’t even look at either of the women… his eyes were locked on Zikel, staring him down with the blazing fury of a thousand suns. “I would’ve never allowed anything to happen to you. Who cares if he wanted to frame you for that… you ARE the Seak-Hai Prince are you not? Even if you had done it, you would’ve come home a hero… Not a prisoner.” Vis licked his lips… prepared to address the issue of Zavo being his son… before he could Zikel was angrily speaking up again.

That’s not who I am!” the prince practically screamed the words. “He showed me more kindness than a prisoner could expect here in Morheim! Magnus didn’t deserve that. You’re wrong about all of them,” he snapped, eliciting a low growl from Viserion.

You will remember who is King, Zikel! One more outburst like that and all of the witnesses in the world won’t save you from my wrath.” Did Zikel think he feared either of these women? He was too bold… too mouthy. Viserion didn’t like it. At all. He had brought the prince into this world, and he could just as easily take him out again. “I suggest you drink your wine and shut your mouth before it runs away from you again.” Zikel was playing with fire… he had apparently forgotten his place while he was away. Viserion slowed his breathing… his heart was racing in anger. If they had been alone Zikel would’ve already been punished… but he was attempting to control his anger. Taking a deep breath now he felt like he needed a drink himself. Zikel looked livid but he stayed quiet, sipping from his glass while his free hand gripped the arm of his chair.

Shifting in his seat Viserion gave a small sigh of exasperation. “Zavo is indeed my son. But he’s more than that… he was a spy, planted years ago to achieve this victory. It wasn’t enough to just send in a random soldier… we needed someone to live among them, as one of them. He eventually came here and I gave him my approval. He accomplished what no one else could have… Only someone who was part of their family could’ve gotten that close to Magnus and I’ll hear no more sympathy for them.” He gave Zikel a dangerous look. He was even softer and weaker than Viserion had feared… and being allowed to stay here and be coddled by his Mother was only going to make things worse. “You were never meant to be framed for the poisoning. Zavo did that himself, and when we return to Jeiparan that issue will be addressed. You silly little fool, you were always supposed to be his Commander! My intention was for the two of you to work together and run Jeiparan as a team. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to practice having some responsibility and some real authority. That opportunity has passed though; no doubt Zavo has already chosen his commander… but that doesn’t mean you can’t still go learn a thing or two from him.” Zikel looked like a deer… he was staring wide-eyed between Viserion and Aeleyah… clearly hoping he was misunderstanding Viserion’s attention. “I didn’t stutter,” he said dryly.

Primadonna girl
All I ever wanted was the world
I can't help that I need it all
the primadonna life the rise and fall

Moira Nyx Gravitas

User Image

Moira sat quietly in the over-sized chair as the royal family reunited around her. Compared to the towering demonic figures she appeared quite small. Her round features and small frame made her appear more like a child than a dignified guest. But there she was, with a front row seat to what would no doubt be a conversation that impacted the entire world. She was there. She was involved.

Tilting slightly to keep the family in her view, her grey eyes watched them expressionlessly. Even as the Queen rushed in, pregnant and cloying, Moira remained outwardly unphased. She wondered who knew about the Queen's condition outside of this castle? Viserion would be a father of 3?

As Zikel introduced her to the demoness Moira stood and gave her a polite nod. Once that formality was over she resumed sipping her wine and listening. Zikel's harsh line of questioning drove her back to the comfort of her chair. She knew Viserion's reaction wouldn't be pretty, he kept looking over at her like a growth he wanted removed. He hated the fact that she was here, but she would not be scared into leaving now.

It seemed that even the most noble of families could be reduced to squabbling if the situation called for it. Moira was enjoying Viserion's turn as a father trying to control an unruly son. Whether he wanted to admit it or not... he did fear his wife in some small way. And he had reason to. The people loved her and if he killed her... or angered her she could start a revolution. Even Viserion wouldn't be able to fight an entire kingdom of his own kind. He was being pushed in a way that he wasn't used to... it was showing.

Zikel had his father's full attention now. Moira was willing to be that he was actually seeing Zikel for the first time. He wasn't used to being challenged... it was something all King's had to face eventually. The balance of power was always shifting.

Viserion was on a tirade. Nobody could stop him now and as he shouted and scolded his son Moira was glad to be rid of her own family. From what she'd seen, they were nothing but trouble. The King's words were harsh, but they were nothing but words. He could call his son a fool, a child, weak... It didn't make anything he said true. Zikel looked flustered at the thought of returning to Jeiparan... He wasn't expecting that and neither was Moira. Zikel stared between his parents, looking lost and uncertain of the future.

If his eyes wandered to Moira she would give him an affirming nod. A small and fleeting smile to reassure him that he was doing fine. Viserion had the last word, but added another to remind everyone he was in charge. Moira never had a taste for acts of machismo. Just another empty promise.

The socialite had many opinions and she had much she wanted to say to Zikel, as well as his parents. However, she wasn't stupid and she knew speaking now would only turn Viserion's fury in her direction. Zikel couldn't grow up under Viserion's thumb, that much was clear. He needed to be far away from this place. It was a shame, but it was time for the boy to grow up.

Finishing her wine Moira turned the glass over in her hands. Examining the fine work, she wondered if whoever made their glassware took commissions.

Profitable Prophet

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The wind is a'whipping through the open doors
Speaking of the sea and the rolling' waves
Maybe there's a ship at the bottom now
Or struggling on the surface with a cry for help
Wish I could forget and let the years go by
Wish I could escape from my dreams of you

User Image

Vaermina wasn’t sure why she had thought Mel would doubt her advice. The young witch had always trusted her before now… she was just out of her element in this place. Here she wasn’t the all-powerful controller of her own domain… she was just a powerful sorceress masquerading as a wolf in an ocean of treachery and deceit. It was good that Mel wasn’t afraid to go back to Jeiparan… she would need that bravery in the days and weeks to come. The corner of her lip turned up into a little smirk and she nodded her head slightly. It seemed that Mel already had her own attachments to the prince… that was good. Maybe it was meant to be… she wasn’t sure if it was fate or destiny or just coincidence… but she highly doubted it was the latter. This… this was the right thing to do. It was supposed to happen. The wolf gave a slight laugh that had the undertones of a growl. She knew there was a reason that she liked Mel… the girl loved mysteries and guessing games. “Very well.” Mel was one of the few people that Vae would never intentionally lead astray…hell, she was really the only person that Vae would do favors for.

Melinoe had quickly prepared herself not just to go and greet her prince, her new charge, but for the inevitable travel that would be coming soon. When Mel finally pulled the door open, Vae quickly bounded out into the hall, shifting around to watch her companion as she locked the bedroom again. She knew the way but allowed Mel to lead her for appearances sake. Her paws thumped quietly against the marble floors as she followed after the witch, taking stairs and grand hallways. It wasn’t a very long walk but she tilted her head when Mel lamented about the man she met the night before. Was that what she was moaning about now? It had to be him… he must’ve been one good looking dragon for her to still be thinking about him. The wolf snorted lightly but didn’t speak as they made their way into some very ornate halls. Not too far ahead was the entrance of the drawing room. There a crowd of servants had gathered along with a few guards… gossiping about what was happening inside.

Melinoe charged ahead with a firm line of questioning which shook up the little ragtag group. Vae hadn’t ever seen her like that and it amused her to watch the scene unfold. Not only did she have a reputation but clearly some authority. Everyone scattered, albeit reluctantly, leaving the two of them completely alone. While Mel stood in front of the door, Vae moved to sit opposite across from her with her back at the wall. She looked prim… pristine, her ears standing straight up at attention and her tail wrapped around her paws. Internally she laughed when Mel began trying to listen to what was going on inside. She couldn’t hear anything… but Vae moved too slowly walk over, leaning her head against the door. She was quiet for some time… just listening. Her hearing was far better than any demon’s… and she could make out the words clearly even through the heavy wood. “The little prince is mouthing off… his Father doesn’t sound very happy… but I was right. He is going to be sent back to Jeiparan to assist Zavo… … did you know that Zavo is the king’s son?” She shifted her head to look up at Mel curiously before moving away from the door, sitting in front of Mel again but closer this time.

She was talking about that dragon again. “He asked you on a date? That is… odd. Most dragons I know are quite egotistical… and wouldn’t sully themselves with a human.” She blinked slowly, adding quickly, “No offense, of course… that’s just how dragons are… usually.” This one sounded… different. Vaermina breathed in, letting out a slow sigh. “I don’t think we’ll be leaving for several hours… if at some point you have time to write him a note, I will deliver it for you. His scent was… all over your armor,” she said slowly. “I’m certain I could sniff him out fairly easily.” It wasn’t a scent that Vae was familiar with… but she wasn’t familiar with many dragons. They were all too pompous and arrogant for her liking… bunch of holier-than-thou assholes as far as she was concerned. They thought they were better than everyone cause of how long they lived… but they weren’t anything special.

User Image

Twenty years ago it was a howling storm
As the voice of a god from a great beyond
I was standing on the shore as the sky grew dark
With a hand on a bible and a hand on my heart
Because all I have left is the voice of the wind
Blowing through the doors of our house

Profitable Prophet

User Image
          ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════

Murdoc laughed derisively. “I wouldn’t have taken her for the jealous type… then again she is awfully attached to you. Dare I even say in love.” Those dark green eyes shifted over to Cyrus… looking him over slowly. From his rusty red hair to his green stained lips. What a girl like that saw in a creep like this… Murdoc couldn’t even begin to guess. Maybe she had a complex… maybe she wanted to fix him… there was really no telling. “If you really want to make her jealous tell her we’re desperately in love and plan to live together forever and ever.” he was joking, of course… as much as someone like Murdoc could joke. His fingers slowly pulled at the buttons of his shirt, pushing them into their respective holes one by one. He was taking his time getting dressed… there was really no rush. He didn’t have anywhere to be… nothing too important to do. Murdoc planned to spend most of the day bulking up his drug supply and then… maybe that night he would go out and look for a new face to add to his collection.

Good point, you do usually look like s**t. This morning wasn’t any different.” Murdoc had just finished off the last button at the top of his shirt when the air in the room suddenly changed… it was charged… and he jerked around, the hair on his arms and the back of his neck prickling. Something was coming… and something did come. Death tore a hole through the fabric of space-time and suddenly appeared with some creature in his grasp. Murdoc’s eyes widened and he gaped at them as death offered a really shitty explanation. “Hey, wait just a damn minute!”He shouted angrily after the deity but… it was too late. He disappeared as suddenly as he had appeared. “You can’t just go dumping people that I can’t kill in my ******** house! I’m not decent you p***k!” He was shouting at thin air… death was long gone. Murdoc wasn’t naïve… he would recognize that entity anywhere. Afterall, Murdoc Grimes had killed many… he was personally one of death’s most frequent patrons. He growled low in his throat. How could death just … do this?! He was wearing HIS OWN face for crying out loud!

Murdoc quickly turned away and began to root through the drawers of a tiny chest on top of a dresser. Inside were various trinkets… human flesh, small vials with dried body parts inside… all sorts of totems he could use to change his shape. He eventually just grabbed one and in a puff of black smoke he suddenly changed bodies… growing taller, more muscular. The magic thankfully changed his clothes as well, wrapping him in a set of thick black silk robes. His hair was about the same length but the sides were shaved and he was sporting a thick patch of facial hair around his jawline. “Don’t be stupid. I’ve never seen him before in my life,” he snapped, clearly not amused with this sudden intrustion. Murdoc began to pace very slow circles around this … person. Examining him… looking him over. He had bandages around most of his torso with faint blood stains in the bindings… he reeked of death. Not the necrotic type of death but death himself… he’d been all over this one.

Murdoc wasn’t surprised that Cyrus knew this person… Cyrus knew a lot of people. But whatever was going on with them… it seemed personal. The elf mentioned the night he had ‘died’ but Murdoc didn’t know very much about it except it happened during the ball. He thought back… he thought really, really hard… and as he crouched down he got a good look at this one’s face. The realization shifted into place slowly… Murdoc wasn’t in the business of remembering faces unless he planned to claim them for his own. “Right… right… I do remember this one… from the masquerade… Magnus’s lackey… that necromancer…” Slowly he moved to stand up, placing a hand gently on top of Cy’s head. After a second he withdrew it and crossed the room. “All he said was not to kill him… he didn’t say anything about not laying a finger on him, though. Didn’t he have wings before? Looks like someone else already had their fun with him… but I bet he’s not useless to us just yet.” Murdoc didn’t seem to care that death had said this one had a proposition for him… as far as he could see death had delivered him a plaything.

Moving to open the drawer of his bedside table, Murdoc withdrew a long wooden box. When he opened it there were an assorted number of cigars and cigarettes inside, lined up neatly. Grabbing some matches he moved around the bed, sitting at the foot near Cyrus. Placing the open box between him and Cy, Murdoc pulled out a long brown cigarette and lit it slowly… letting his wolf-like eyes roam over Thei’s battered form. “I honestly can’t say why this a*****e is here… haven’t got the slightest clue… and if he’s smart he’ll talk quickly.” Inhaling deeply, Murdoc slowly blew the smoke out at the necromancer’s face. “You haven’t got the slightest clue who I am or what I’m capable of… but daddy death won’t be able to keep you safe. This is a dangerous place he’s dropped you in. I’m just as likely to have my fun with you and dump your a** in the desert as I am to listen… So talk fast if you value your health… What’s left of it, anyway.” He laughed shortly, inhaling smoke once more and letting it twirl slowly from his lips. “I bet Cyrus here would like a little revenge… and death only said not to kill you, didn’t he… there was nothing said about returning you in one piece.” Shifting his eyes he glanced down at Cyrus. “Isn't that right?

══════════════════════════════════════════════╝

He slips in through the back door, and he helps himself to the patients' medicine.
                  He likes to look important and he always looks like he's innocent.
                  And each tale that he tells of the lives that he's saved,
                  Is a spade full of dirt as he's digging his grave.
                  And the deep blackened hallow he's patched with a badge,
                  Is the happiness he's never had.
                  And he says,
                  "It's all right, they know me here.
                  It's all right, they know me, they know me."

Profitable Prophet

tab tab tab tab tab tab Oh how time flies with crystal clear eyes...
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And cold as cold when you're ending with diamond eyes...
tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab Oh come child, in a cross bones style...
Cause you have seen some unbelievable things

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(Location Jeiparan)▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(Supplies Misc. )▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓(Thinking These filthy demons better watch themselves. )▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Aldous had always been able to play Castor like a fiddle. He just couldn’t wait for Aldous to stop talking so he could tell him all about his experiences in Morheim. It was certainly better than the alternative… no one wanted Aldous to have to force Castor to talk. Aldous nodded slowly, looking at his brother through knowing eyes. Of course she had been there… Aldous knew that. He had also heard stories about that metallic creature that she liked to walk around as. She had forsaken her humanity for progress… cavatus magic. Someday she would get herself stuck in that damn suit… or she’d kill herself in the process. The thought that she had saved Castor’s life just to send him a message didn’t sit well with Aldous. Oh, Melinoe had always been the only one brave enough to stand up to him. None of his other siblings would even dare… they all ran off far away to hide. Aldous was sure that in some way she still loved Castor… he wasn’t stupid. Most of the things he said about her were just for Castor’s sake… he knew better than to believe his own lies.

A low sigh escaped him and Aldous shook his head slowly. “Oh, Castor…” Of course Aldous was right. Even if a part of her cared about the family, she was mostly just a selfish child throwing a temper tantrum. She didn’t actually care about the family, not as much as she cared about her cavatus magic and her new demon kin. “Now, now… An ugly truth is better than a beautiful lie, little brother. Now that you see what she’s become you can move on and let go of the past… she’ll never be that girl we knew once upon a time… Never again.” He slowly pulled off his gloves and laid them across his lap, rubbing his fingers together carefully. Magic sparked in his fingertips. “Sometimes we just have to see the truth with our own eyes… hopefully from now on you’ll put a little more faith in the advice I give you. I only want what’s best for all Chrestomanci’s.

Aldous got quiet again, stemming his magic as well. He gave Castor his attention, resting his fingers against his legs as he listened to what the youngest Chrestomanci had to say about the state of the castle. Traitors were everywhere. It was no surprise that Magnus’s own brother had poisoned him… he didn’t command respect the way people like Aldous did. He was too… nice. Being nice was good and well, but it didn’t get the same respect… there would always be someone who resented you but at least a tyrant put the fear of death in people. Aldous may not have cared much for their demons but he definitely respected their King. Aldous couldn’t imagine anyone trying to pull one over on someone like him. When enough of your soldiers were loyal to someone other than you, the king… well there was a serious problem there. Aldous slowly pulled his gloves back on. “Unfortunately there is only so much we could do. I always suspected the little b*****d of being insincere… Something about his aura is just off… I’ve heard rumor that his sire is the demon king… nothing would surprise me at this point but there’s nothing to confirm that’s true except whispers.

Castor was visibly upset by everything happening. Aldous gave a thoughtful hum. “I originally came here to bring you home… I was expecting you’d come back from Morheim with sympathy for Her… but you’ve been much more forthcoming than I expected…” It was almost suspicious how eager Castor had been to give him ‘the truth’ … Aldous had a suspicion there was more to it than that. “You know this can’t go without punishment… abandoning your comrades… anyway, I don’t think it’s such a great idea for you to stay here… living among these creatures…” And what if Melinoe did show up? Aldous couldn’t have her influencing Castor any more than she already had… He gave a loud, dramatic sigh. “Just what am I going to do with you… you’ve put me in a difficult position, Castor… abandoning them wasn’t your choice, yet that’s not what people are going to believe…” Trying to figure it out was giving him a headache. Aldous began to massage his temples, letting out a frustrated groan. “I don’t think bringing you home will do any good… but leaving you among this filth makes me uneasy…

And I don't care whether I live or die
I'm losing blood, I'm gonna leave my bones
I don't want your honor, it leaves me cold
I don't want your future,
I don't want your past,
One bright moment is all I ask

Melinoe Cavatus

User Image

Melinoe looked back at the door as Vae approached it. Listening to the conversation was easy for her so Melinoe simply waited. Her mind wandered to the prince and how hard this last year must have been for him. Like her, he'd now seen both sides of the war. He had friends on either side of the divide and people mistook his empathy for a weak heart. Unlike her... he had the power and station to make some kind of change. That must have made him feel so heavy.

Vae announced that Viserion was reprimanding the boy and Melinoe felt her face puff up angrily. His son had been away for so long... and the first thing the King does is lay into him!? Letting out an angry little scoff she shook her head. "Ugh.. Men." What Vae said next nearly stopped Melinoe's heart. "Zavo Mari?" Leaning her freckled cheek against the door again she tried to hear what they were talking about. "I heard him talking about Zavo earlier... In the dungeons but I never thought. That goddamn traitor." Pressing her eyebrows together Melinoe looked down at Vae. "What does that mean for Zikel? He's not... the heir to the throne?"

Frowning deeply Melinoe pulled away from the door and rolled her eyes. "Men..." When Vae spoke again Melinoe felt herself blush. Melinoe wasn't ignorant of how most dragons saw humans... and yet she wasn't crazy, he had asked her to spend more time with him. Even when she was losing her mind he was patient with her and willing to listen. "I know... That's what's weird. He didn't seem to mind at all." Melinoe brought a hand to her lips to conceal her smile. "If I have time... I'll think about it. I'm sure if he really wanted to find me... he'd track me down."

Melinoe lowered her eyes and leaned against the door. "This has to come first. Don't let me get sidetracked... Zikel is going to be our responsibility until he's ready to... do whatever it is you see him doing in the future. I'm confident that we'll be able to protect him... but we can't mess him up. He has to stay... the way he is. We can't let him end up crazy.... There's enough of that going around."

I'm gonna leave my body
Moving up to higher ground
I'm gonna lose my mind
History keeps pullling me down
Pulling me down

▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄
███████████████████████████████████████████

=
User Image

███████████████████████████████████████████
▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄

"Structure is the first and key step," Zavo nodded in agreement to his new Commander, considering her carefully. "The people of this nation live too freely, they are wasteful and insubordinate. It makes them a liability. That is why we are here." Zavo said this all as thoughtfully as he could, even though insides his insides were knotted with twisted glea. There was really no point saying it aloud, the Commander knew the goal, that was why she was chosen for the job, but in a way it was necessary. Because lingering ears needed to hear what needed to be said. "It is Lord Azarius' vision that the two countries can live harmoniously. We can coexist, if within certain, stricter guidelines." Offering a smile, he let them in to the drawing room, again he nodded. "You are indeed correct, it's not all bad. It was my brother's soft heart and foolish naivity that has the people of this nation drowning. Without him, they might be able to thrive, and we can all get what we want. It's an amiable compromise and I believe we'll see it through, once the people see the poor state of affairs their previous king left them in, they'll understand the necessity of our coup."

Letting that all sink in, memorizing it himself, he slowly paced the drawing room. It was elaborate, but quaint, and it stank of Magnus and his incompetence. They would need to change that, and soon. Over time, Zavo would erase all traces of the former king's presence in this castle, and in this kingdom. They only needed him to keep the people loyal. With time, that loyalty would change though, when taxes were lowered, when food was provided, it would all be an illusion, but people didn't need the truth. Human's were base, insignificant animals, and took everything at face value. If their lives became easier under the dominion of the demons, they would grow to resent Magnus, and soon, they would hate him. Then they would demand he pay for his trespasses. It would take time, but Zavo was a patient man. When that time came, the people would get their wish, and the human monarchy would be no more. "Let us hope so," he said thoughtfully when the demoness stroked his ego. It wouldn't kill him to show some humility.

When the door opened, he let his thoughts slip to the wayside, and he turned, nodding with approval. "Lieutenant," she returned the customary nod, before telling him of her findings, and her gains, and Zavo could not hide the excitement; he very nearly lost his composure. Even glee was a weakness though, and he took a deep breath, though his grin didn't falter. "That is good news," he said. Coming around the desk, an ornate fixture of the room, his hands gripped the edge firmly, his knuckles going white. "There are a lot of changes underfoot, this alliance may prove most fortunate. I will meet Master Malladus' terms, whatever they might be. Enough of that though, Commander," he nodded to Lucretcia, indicating that she should join them. We have much work to be done, and very little time to do it. I was going to address the people today, but in light of events, I'd rather hold off. Just for now. Commander Lucretcia, that is where I need you to step in. As Commander of Pherae, this makes you a idol to the people. I want you to be that idol. I want them to trust you. Human's are spineless, but they are troublesome if they are discontent. Lets make them content."

The demons were new to Pherae, and so he wasted no expenses explaining Jeiparan, the major city corners, and the highlights, businesses, and portways. Jeiparan bustled in both trade and tourism, and he needed to ensure that remained true. "It's an old cliche, but it's one that's effective. Good guy, bad guy. Commander, you are to be the hero, make the people come to you, keep your troops in line, Lieutenant, I am putting you in charge of the opposite. We need to keep these people in line, whether they want to be or not, but we need to be discreet. If there is any opposition more than your catawalling lunatic, take care of it. This is hardly the time to worry about a revolution. Most importantly we need to sanctify the castle walls, and make certain that anyone we cannot trust is secured or eliminated." He let out a deep sigh, standing straight as he considered where to go from here. It was a bit disheartening to know that the necromancer would be remaining in Jeiparan. He'd been so excited to get Theibrin away from Pherae. Though the man was a twit, he had proven himself a nuisance more than a few times. The shackles would keep his powers at bay for now, but that mage was a risk that Zavo didn't want to have to worry about.

"You said Malladus' Liaison will be taking the mage into his care, correct, Lieutenant?" Mikhah nodded, and he did the same in return. "Alright. I'll trust Lord Malladus' instincts, however I want both of you to have eyes and ears open. Theibrin is a hapless wraith of a man, but he's still dangerous. If I had my way I would eliminate him entirely. However, the powers that be wish to see him remain alive. Let's just neutralize him as a threat. The same is to be said about Castor Chrestomanci. I want one of your men on him at all times, Lieutenant. Any threats to Lord Azarius' intentions must be squandered before they so much as become thoughts. Any questions and or input? Commander?"

Ooc: He's just so happy!.
+Castor Chrestomanci+
User Image

Castor swallowed a lump in his throat and tried to find a sense of composure. He told Aldous all he would need to know... The rest was.. irrelevant. Hopefully it would be enough to prove he wasn't trying to destroy the family name. He honestly wasn't. That was the last thing he wanted in the world.

When Aldous said his name Castor hunched further into himself. He felt like a child who'd been caught stealing. The feeling wouldn't leave him for weeks, he was sure of it. It was pathetic, but... wasn't it what Aldous wanted?

"I know that. I was foolish not to listen. It won' happen again." Castor had apologized to Aldous before, and he remembered the violence that followed. Chrestomanci's do not apologize. To apologize is to admit wrong doing and Chrestomanci's were never wrong, simply mistaken or not properly informed.

Nodding as Aldous shared rumors he'd heard about Zavo, Castor had to admit it made sense. Only a demon would be able to betray their family like that... To lie to his brother's face and smile as he poisoned and controlled him. It was horrifying to imagine. Castor was lucky that his family was... troubled... but not so far gone that they'd do something so underhanded. Aldous may have been cruel... but he was straightforward in his intentions. He was honest.

As if he could read his thoughts, Aldous spoke and confirmed what Castor had been thinking. Aldous freely shared his original intentions and Castor looked up worriedly. He didn't want to leave. He didn't want to leave with Aldous... He couldn't think of a good reason not to agree with the man that it was for the best. Taking a deep breath he spoke, softly but tried to suppress any quaking. Chrestomanci's didn't stutter. "I do not wish to stay among these creatures. The way they walk around like they have more right to be here than I do... makes my skin crawl. I hate them... but... I do not want it to appear as if I am running away again. If I stay here, you'll have a reason to come to the castle whenever you choose and I can keep you informed about what the demons are up to." Looking up at Aldous Castor's expression became more serious. "Please, Aldous let me prove that I can do this. I want to earn back the trust I lost..."

His dark eyes pleaded with the man, but he didn't beg. Castor wanted to stay in the castle for selfish reasons. He wanted to be as far away from Aldous' island as he could be... he wanted to make sure Sasha wouldn't go to trial without anyone willing to speak on her behalf.. he wanted to be here if Theibrin came back. Letting out a slow breath Castor waited for Aldous' decision.

Run run through the thicket and the barley,
run run for the sake of your good name.
Run run for the puzzle of it all
for the child in your heart that's taking all the blame.
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Theibrin's hands shook, the gentle ring of vibrating metal filling his ears. Every breath was thin and ragged. He felt dizzy as he regarded the two men, both more or less strangers. The red headed elf was the first to speak to him, his voice coy and filled with malice. Theibrin's fists clenched, but didn't stop shaking. His entire body seemed to be overcome by a palsy of fear, and hie bit his lip to try and stifle some of the tremble to no avail. The elf said it was nice to see him again, and yet those words made the necromancer physically in. "I... I h-had..." his voice croaked, his throat feeling constricted as he tried to respond. Why was he here? This wasn't - Death hadn't said anything about this? Everything was moving so quickly he couldn't keep up. Why couldn't the world just slow down? Biting his lip, he looked between the two men, and a ferocious looking feline that sat perched on the mattress. The other man, whose back was turned to him was raving at the ceiling, but Death was gone. Death, he'd just left him here. A choked whimper caught in his throat and he tried to swallow down the building lump. "I-I d-didn't... I didn't-h-hadn't..." What was he even trying to say. Shaking his head he clenched his jaw shut tight. This elf, whoever he was, he'd gotten away. Theibrin had no idea what happened to him after he'd disappeared. He'd had nothing to do with it. His only concern had been Zikel's safety. The elf didn't seem to see it that way.

Again he shuddered. "Y-You... you were a-alive... the l-last time I saw y-y-you," he stammered, his palms sticky and itchy. This elf had died? Then how... no that was a foolish line of thought, of course it was possible. But... It wasn't him, Theibrin didn't know anything about this elf. A strange smell, strange sound made that all seem so unimportant though, and his eye quickly flickered to where the other man was - was... Sucking in a deep breath he watched smoke billow, and the air of the room changed. It was thick and hostile, and when it cleared, a new man was standing there. No, that wasn't right, this was the same man, the pose, the stature, it was the same, but the face was different. Swirling gold eyes regarded him, and Theibrin cowed as the man approached, slowly circling him. Sizing him up. The truth was he felt so very small just then. When the man stopped pacing, he'd come to face Theibrin, and was kneeling down in front of him, searching his face. Something about his gaze unsettled the half-breed, and if he'd had even an ounce of strength, he'd have pulled away.

The other moved first though, and when he started to speak again, Theibrin's eyes fell to the floor, shame building in his gut, and something else. Something horrible. Didn't he have wings before. Who was this man? Theibrin had no idea who... He wracked his mind, but he couldn't make any name or face. Couldn't picture anyone who looked like, spoke like, or held himself like this man. That was so very unimportant though, when his deep voice started to talk about what they were going to do to him. He didn't look up, but his heart was pounding so fast in his chest he thought that he might burst. No, this wasn't... But Death had said seven more years, he'd made no more promises. He'd... Why? His eyes burned at the very simple, and unbidden question. Why did it have to be like this? Why did it hurt? Why was he being thrown every which way? Why was he even hear? Raising his blooded wrists, he wiped quickly at his eyes, trying to hide the unwelcome emotion.

What was he supposed to do? He didn't know this man, didn't now what he was capable, but he was telling him to speak quickly if he wanted to stay in one piece. The pain in his back was still fresh, and though healing, he could still vividly recall the loss, bone ripping from bone, muscle tearing, flesh searing. Why... Why did everyone want to hurt him? Death told him not to bask in self-pity, but it hurt. Everything hurt, and he knew that this would be no different, and his soul ached as he lifted his eyes, just in time to be met with a wave of smoke.

Talk fast if you value your health.

Chocking on the smoke, he doubled over. The fit was so violent that he almost didn't hear the man's follow up. Death. This man knew who had brought him here? Why did that make his stomach drop? A hole forming inside of him seemed to spread, and his hands started to shake faster, his eyes bloodshot as he stared betweent he two of them. Lips trembling between emotion and smoke.

“I bet Cyrus here would like a little revenge… and death only said not to kill you, didn’t he… there was nothing said about returning you in one piece.”

"I..." his word came out as a broken sob, and he shook his head. "P-Please, I h-had nothing to d-do w-with what ha-happened. I d-don't e-e-even know what that even w-was..." he pleaded. Did it even matter what he said? These men were watching him through vicious eyes, strangers who wanted to harm him, and he bit a trembling lip. Why?

Talk fast.

"I-I-I... J-Just... Death s-s-said..." Shaking his head, he he clutched at his thighs, the jangling of the chains that connected his wrists growing more violent. Death said this was necessary, said it would save Magnus, but, why this? Whatever this was? Wasn't there another way. "I-I don't even kn-know what's g-going on," he shuddered, voice cracking as his eyes dropped again. He was tired, and he hurt, and somehow, somehow he kept the water from streaming from his eyes. Somehow, but insdie he was flooded with grief. Why did it have to hurt? "Death sa-said, that' M-Magnus n-needs to get out of Jeiparan, h-he and his son. H-He s-said you can he-help me g-get them out. That you-you'll d-d-deal." Looking up at the men, the first tear fell, large and slow, a tear of resignation. His Majesty needed to escape, he needed to, Death said this was the only way. That meant... that meant it was worth it, meant that....

"C-ca-can y-you?"

OoC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas