Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Shapeshifter

This is a private roleplay between I Kurai hime-sama I & Bloody_Dark_Beauty.
Feel free to lurk if you so desire~

Kurai's Minions:
User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Imagex
Merrick xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Arian xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rowan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Lucas
User ImagexUser Image
Jezabelle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Meredith(Meri)----pending--- xxxxxx

User ImagexUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxDeirdre Myrae Grigori xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ??????????????

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

"An unquenchable thirst "

{Location: Bed} {Emotion: Tired}

A deadly cough just slipped her lips as she tossed and turned in bed. It was hard to get comfortable when you know that you were going to die. A moan slipped Rebecca's lips as she open her eyes to drip her cloth back into the bowl of water then she removed any water that was not needed. Once done, she laid back down to put the cloth over her forehead. She was trying to bring down her fever. Her fever had been raging on for days and had yet to break. The doctors didn't have any hopes for her which caused her parents to quarantine her to her room. No one else wanted to catch on what she had.

Rebecca was petite girl about the age of sixteen and wished that she had more time to live. There was much more that she had to do like get married and have children of her own. She was also known for her unique beauty through out the town. The girl had a beautiful body for carrying babies that many men wanted her, but not now. She had long dark brown hair and very unique eyes. There was one blue eye and one golden brown. How it happen? No one knew, but it made her easy to recognize.

She finally was able to fall asleep and it was late into the night. About a hour later, she felt as if something was staring at her. Her eyes slightly open and she saw wings. It must of been angel which meant that she had died through the night while sleeping. If she was dead then why did her body ache? Her eyes remained to look at the angel and she wondered why it had black wings. It must of been because it was dark in the room. She continued to lay there as it seemed the angel came closer. The next thing made her eyes widen in shock because she tasted something in her mouth. It tasted like metal, but it wasn't. She looked around the room and she no longer could see the angel. A moan slipped her lips as she laid back down and felt sleep pull at her.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
An angels tears bring naught but foreboding...
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay
Drops like pure honey upon thine own lips...

User Image

There was a lot of talk in the little town that a small bout of pneumonia had sprang up, although thankfully it was a very mild case..It was unfortunate for those who it affected and the families who had to endure such. A knock sounded on the door of a home in one of the more decent districts of the town. Even the better off suffered such crisises from time-to-time, such a shame it was. The pair who answered the door seemed to pale upon gazing at the individual before them. A man appearing to be in his early to mid twenties, his skin was a smooth almost translucent-looking. His hair was "neat" in a messy sort of way, and his attire was something more formal than that of someone of his supposed caliber. The man had an almost inhuman ambiance to him. "Good Evening," he greeted formally, stepping inside, "I am the undertaker LeFay, son of a doctor in town. I've come to look at your daughter." His crisp amber gaze bore into their shocked eyes. They complied easily enough.

He was lead upstairs to the girls room, the two worried adults murmuring to themselves. Merrick held little interest in them. He held in his alabaster hand, a small glass filled partially with deep red liquid, swirling it around without much thought. When they gave him a glance back, he flashed them a bone-chilling smile and they looked away before presenting him to the door. With a nod of his head, he looked back at the two. "I too studied to be a doctor once..I've come in my father's stead to check up on her." There had been so many doctors who had come in and out, it was likely they wouldn't recall them all at once.

Slowly, the male pushed open the door into the quiet room. The stench of disease and dying hit his nose instantly, and he pushed his way in with the door shutting quietly behind. The man gazed at her cold-looking body..Ripe for the picking, just about. It was almost a shock, really. She was so young still, but he had to eat too. Yes..Merrick LeFay was a vampire, but not the sort that attacked and killed people--not normally at least. He fed on the dying, and on occasion the dead. It was just easier that way, and he's made it work for centuries.. It was too bad though. The girl looked like she had a lot ahead of her..A life she could have made work, the possibility of falling in love and getting married as was customary for humans to do although arrangements were common. Either way, she unluckily caught the mini bout of illness too and now death had her in its reach.

There was no saving her by human medicine now, and in fact she was not far away from death's doorway. Merrick shifted forward, the shadows on the wall made it look like he had some sort of wings on him. He sett his glass down quietly, but then he tensed..He noticed wakeful movement and then her eyes..oddly captivating as they were..they were staring at him. Even then, he could see a hazy look to them. Dammit..She looked so pathetic, it was like looking into the sad eyes of a stray pup that knew it was going to be massacred and burned just because nobody wanted it anymore. It was a waste of potential.. Slowly, the male moved forward, but instead of fixing himself onto that pretty little neck of hers, though he did flash looks at it, he did something different it. Teeth sunk into his own wrist and blood sprayed down his arm.

Carefully, he moved his arm out and directed the flow so that it would flow past the human's lips and into her mouth. If her body could still function enough to swallow, she might just have a chance. He wasn't about to let such potential talent go to waste.. When it seemed she had passed out, the male pressed his fingers to her neck and wrist. The pulse was hardly detectable if at all, a side effect of consuming vampire blood. He turned toward the door and opened it, surprised to see the girls parents waiting. He made a grave face toward them and cast his eyes downward. "I am sorry.." he murmured solemnly, and they could already guess what had happened. "God guide her soul." he crossed himself, though he didn't believe in any of it.

The sobbings broken out almost immediately, but Merrick remained emotionless. Instead, a procession seem to find their way in through the home as if led by some impulse. The little procession were moving the female out of the room, and her parents seed against it wanting a proper funeral and burial for their young daughter. "I am sorry, but as a previous student of medicine, I don't think that is a good idea. The very corpse itself is highly contagious with the disease..we would only be raising the risk of death." Again more sobbing and wails, but they let them take her away. Merrick nodded his head, "Don't worry, we'll take good care of her." he offered a soft smile.

And so the young body of Rebecca Vender was taken care of quickly. The procession that had accompanied Merrick were nothing more than a small group of familiars he had. Often times they had helped in removal of a body from a similar situation so that he could feast in peace. But here it was different. He was transporting the girl a little ways off, to a manor just on the edge of town. It was far enough to be unbothered, but still near to be a part of the town. The little group placed the female in a guest quarter, and Merrick gently tucked her in as he went through the routine care of placing a cool wet cloth on her head for comfort sake. Again, his eyes flickered to the smooth skin of her neck..He had sacrificed a meal. Quietly, the older male left the room and looked toward he small group of familiars waiting nearby. "Do not allow our 'guest' to leave our house. We have 'important matters' to discuss when I return." Merrick could feel his mood beginning to shift, and his eyes deepened in reddish hue. He needed a little sustenance to get by, at least before he came into contact with her formally.

User Image

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
Even nothingness has a value.
Everything comes with a price
Compensate that which you partake.
Either you’re willing to pay, or you’re screwed.

And there is no way to escape...

Feels likeIndifferent
LocaleLeFay Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

{Location: Manor} {Emotion: Scared}

Rebecca was placed into a death sleep from the vampire blood. She could not hear her parents crying over their only daughter had passed on. Their beautiful baby girl that they could never even bury or see how her life could of turned out. She looked and acted like a dead person as she was carried out and to her new home. Her beautiful dark brown hair spread out over the pillow as she was placed into a bed and tucked in by Merrick. She continued to sleep on until the effects of the vampire blood started to wear off.

A moan slipped her lips because she could feel an soreness to her body as if she hadn't moved for centuries. She reached up to touch the wet cloth on her forehead. It still felt wet from the last time, she had wet it and she guessed that she should do it again. She sat up and rubbed her eyes to see that she wasn't in her room. This room had lit candles that gave the room enough light to make out outlines. She started to panic as she wondered on where she could be. Had her family sent her away as she slept? Did they accidentally think that she was dead? She had to get herself home and back to her family. They had to know that she wasn't dead.

She slowly got out of the bed and open the door. The hallways were clear, but she heard noises. It scared her and made her close the door. Then she went to the window and looked out. She would have to climb out the window and down a tree. Quickly, she grabbed a chair to use it as stool and she got onto the window sill. From there, she started to walk along the roof until she got to the tree. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she reached from a branch that caught part of her night gown and ripped it. She had to untangle it before she was able to continue down the tree. It took her about fifteen minutes before she reached the bottom then she took off running towards the town.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

The servants had made sure to secure the inside of the house, so that when the female awoke there would be no means of escape for her. Of course, they had forgotten about the windows. After a while of silence, one of the familiars thought he heard something stir from the room and thought it best to check it out. Maybe she had awoken. It was best to instill patient in her if they could..their master would be returning soon, and he would take it from there. No doubt she would be scared and confused..And that was precisely going to be the case..The servant knocked on the guest room door. No answer. At the very least, she should be roused by now. A few more knocks. Silence. Finally, the servant pushed open the door and peered into the dimly lit room in attempts to scout the human who resided there. The only thing he saw, to his horror, was a disarray of sheets on the ground and a chair nearby the window tall window cracked open just a tad.

By the time the servants had noticed Rebecca's disappearance, it was too late however. She was gone. They had searched further within the house in case she was hiding out, but most searched the grounds outside. Her scent was strong nearby the tree, but it seemed weaken greatly from there. They would surely be in trouble with their master later for this.. For now, all they could do was hunt the nearby wooded area in hopes that she might have dashed off to hide out rather than taking her chances in town..

Merrick himself had finished up his meal by this point in time. He found a fresh enough corpse to drain, it was probably better this way as that was how he ended up with familiars..Taking the blood of a human, but leaving just enough to get festered and change into a vampire as well. He only had about three of these familiars or so, but still. Some of them were changed against their will, but they could not object their master's demands. It was kind of lonely a thought too. Gently, the male dabbed at a bit of red at the corner of his mouth. He had been a bit messy this time.

As of late he was eating less and less.. Meals were getting harder and harder to find. He even attacked the sick and dying more despite the possibility of turning them into vampires themselves if he didn't fully drain--which was hardly an issue, but still. They had no choice in the matter. At least the dead didn't have to endure a second dying. At least death by bloodloss was near painless to some degree. The person passes out and enters cardiac arrest if enough blood is taken, and from there death is almost inevitably attained.

His thoughts were disturbed then. Suddenly, he caught a sharp, distinct scent. It was his blood mingled with the stale scent of the familiar illness that seemed to have affected a small handful of the residents here. He had left the main portions of the town and was starting back by now, and quickly he followed the scent. It was just as he thought. It was the girl..she had awoken it would seem, and she was no doubt terrified of what was going on. His familiars had failed terribly in keeping his orders. Looks like things would have to be done his way as always.

Merrick moved swift, it didn't seem she noticed him yet. It wouldn't take long. He moved in such a way as to stand in her way. There was only one direct route to the town from his manor. She would have to get past him if she wanted to get to town. "Going somewhere miss?" he smiled pleasantly enough, covering up the venomous thoughts and tendencies he had going on at the same time. "You look rather..lost." He narrowed his amber eyes. He was like the predator standing in the way of a prey's escape, which was precisely the thing he was doing. He tried to be pleasant enough about it. For now. "Come, allow me to explain somewhere less..Intrusive." Maybe she would be smart enough to listen, and he wouldn't have to use force.

User Image

Feels likeSteadily Agitated
LocaleOutside the Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

Her breathing became more labor as she continued to run towards town. She had never been one for running or any physical action. The girl had been raised to be a fine young lady that walked well and with confidence. She continued on though because she was sure that her parents would be worried if they found out that she was missing or that she wasn't dead. Little did she know that her kidnapper had found her and she let out a scream when someone was suddenly in front of her. Rebecca had to force herself to stop as her body shook with fear. She wondered on how she was going to get around this man.

Her unique eyes looked up at Merrick who was very handsome, but something wasn't right about him. He seemed so cold and unworldly. There was a smile on his lips, but his eyes said otherwise about being happy. "Please just let me get to town..." she spoke with a very shaky voice. "No, I don't want to go with you...I don't know you. I just want to go home to my parents. They have to know that I'm still alive...they must of mistaking me for dead" she continued to shake and tears actually started to appear in her eyes. This wasn't what she was expecting in her final hours.

Rebecca knew that she had to try and get around this man. Quickly, she backed up some then launched forward to slide under his legs. Then she got up and took off running. She ignored the fact that she was covered in mud as she continued to run towards the town. If this man was going to try and kill her then she had to put up a fight. She wondered on how such a handsome man could be an evil one.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

He tried being nice, but no..she was making this quite difficult. The fact of the matter was easy to see, but it frustrated the vampire. The girl didn't seem to care much about the how or why, she just wanted to make it back to her family--her parents. At least she seemed to catch on that something was amiss, that she had been lead away through 'misunderstanding.' It was more or less a shock to see her try and take off again, like a terrified animal looking for any and every way of escape. The only fault in the matter here was she also showed her greatest weakness. Fear.

The vampire moved quickly as soon as her feet took off again, this time behind him. The difference between he and her was that he was a vampire, and she human. He could outrun her if he desired or just continue until she burned out, it made no difference. If it hadn't been for the fact that they were on the outer rim of the town, he'd have waited until that moment. His eyes glinted and the sound of fluttering wings could be heard in the distance. He moved quick, moving around in such a way so that he would be meeting her in front of him again as more houses were starting to become more visible of the town.

"Listen," he spoke curtly yet calmly, his eyes brimmed with his irritation. "You misunderstood me..I wasn't asking you to come with me." He was calm, though he knew she wouldn't be. Still, he persisted. "I've given something to you that was very important to me." he brought a hand to his chest formally. "For that, I cannot allow you to see your loved ones." For a moment his eyes seemed almost troubled, but the look disappeared as quickly as it had come. His blood only acted positively for her, because he willed it to. A vampires blood could be as much a remedy as it could a poison, and as such it was never harvested for medical means.

Expecting a retaliation, he kept himself poised, ready to spring if she tried arguing. "I really am known as the undertaker of this town, and at 11:35 in the evening that fateful night you should have died, you, Rebecca Anne Vender, were medically pronounced dead." It had been a couple nights since then, "If you appear to them now, you will only cause a misunderstanding. I've seen many a time where people try to exorcise what they think to be the spirit of their loved ones haunting them. You will not being doing yourself a service." And it was to some extent true.

The little town was archaic in some of its ways. "I helped you..but as soon as they see you, I can't guarantee you'll not drop dead there." In some ways, a vampire's abilities worked like a magical wish. If she were to break that oath and wish, her body would revert to its humanly self susceptible to such ailments. It was part of the compensation process. If he couldn't continue the rite, the magical properties would die too.

User Image

Feels likeWeary
LocaleOutside the Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

The breathing was becoming more labor and Rebecca wanted to stop, but she had to get back to her parents. Her feet hurt from running without boots and she actually stepped on a hard rock that made her cry out in pain as she continued to run. The sound of wings were following her. She had only seen wings once and she thought that it was an angel taking her to heaven, but she was still alive. Also, the stranger seemed nothing like an angel. Something felt dark about him and it scared her.

A scream slipped her lips when Merrick was in front of her. He had wings, but they were not white. They were black and no angel would have black wings. It made cold shivers running through her body as she continued to feel panic. She also could see the houses which meant she was very close to the town. There had to be away to get around him again because there was no way that she could pull the same trick again. Her eyes looked back to him as he started to speak to her. His voice seemed so cold and she wondered on how he could be like this.

She was confused by his words. He wasn't asking her to come with him, but didn't he speak about taking her somewhere where they could talk. "I don't understand...I don't have anything of yours" she looked down at herself. She wore her own nightgown and nothing else. There was still a confused look on her face as she looked back up at him. He was putting on his hand on his heart. Nothing was making sense because he was speaking about giving her something that wouldn't allow her to see her parents. Next, he claimed that he was the undertaker, but he wasn't a human. Maybe he was the angel of death, but she wasn't dead. "But, I'm not died. I am alive and they need to know that" she was taken back when he spoke about her dying a couple of nights ago. Maybe, she had fallen into a coma, but she was awake now.

"I'm alive...I am not ghost. Please just let me go home. I need my family" Rebecca started to breakdown and cry tears from the deep pains in her heart. She collapsed onto the dirty ground and wiped at her tears that flowed from her eyes. Her head lifted some to look up at him when he spoke about helping her "What do you mean...why would I drop dead?" This didn't even make sense to her.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

The vampire attempted to suppress his desire to lash out at the girl for screaming for a second time at his appearance. Was he that frightening to behold? He was sure he still held most humanly traits as far as appearances went. Then again, the girl had been trying to run away from her pursuer. He was by no means trying to be hostile about it, but if the girl didn't give in he was ready to present a little bit of hostility until she understood the situation she was in. While his blood was still fresh in her, it could act very much like a poison if she wandered too far. Likewise the ability of the blood could be broken if not nourished, in which case she could revert back to her ill self if broken off in a haste as this. Vampire blood worked wonders, especially for other vampires, but it could leave a human in the same or worse condition they were before if not properly maintained.

Still, Merrick tried to keep his patience, although he was still agitated at having to hunt her down like this. A sigh passed through his lips as she seemed to further misunderstand him. The bats that flow nearby from behind him gave them shadowing effect of blackened wings, but again he still held a humanly appearance all-in-all. Shaking his head he said, "Indeed you do.." he murmured. Did she not notice the difference in her health and the feel of her body? True, he didn't offer much blood, but it would make a difference in a sick person he knew. Perhaps she was too scared to notice. "As of the evening of a few nights ago, you no longer exist in this town." he responded in somber voice, it was as though he were talking from far away but he shook his head slowly.

"I'm afraid you cannot go home. The verdict has been passed and your grave set. Ghost or not, people do not take kindly to those pronounced as 'dead.'" He seemed to speak more gently, the traces of his agitation had ebbed some. "It is not they who you need, but only I now." Perhaps it was a gutsy comment, but it wasn't a false one. As he figured, an explanation was in order. At least she seemed more willing and accepting at this point. The girl seemed beyond perplexed, and he had to evade eye contact when he saw her tears. He hated seeing a woman--girl, whatever..he hated seeing them cry.

Exhaling slowly, he glanced in her direction. "You should have died a few nights ago, and truth be told I was going to be the one to take you," he smiled in spite of himself, "..like the dark angel that I am, I guess." With a quick look around, Merrick breathed a sight of relief to see it clear. "Instead, I gave you some of my blood..for it has properties beyond the capabilities of human regeneration, but it also has its own limitations and consequences like any 'good deal' has. Still, I rescued your otherwise shortened life." He spoke distantly.

The crow-haired male probably sounded like a mad man by now. Regardless, he turned partially toward her, the evening sun dimming his face from his assumed angel as though giving him an ominous look. "I was born centuries ago in a little Romania town. Merrick Sylvain LeFay." he spoke cryptically, "I am not human, but a vampire.." He moved a finger to his arm, the very arm that he bit and fed the blood to the female herself. It was already healed perfectly and then he began to dig his nails into it, causing a very thin trickle of blood out. "Sânge în schimbul pentru o vieții." he whispered.

User Image

(( *Sânge în schimbul pentru o vieții - Blood in exchange for a life. ))

Feels likeUndecipherable
LocaleOutside the Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

Rebecca remained on the ground shaking in fear and was being blinded by her own tears that wouldn't stop flowing from her eyes. Her throat was becoming dry and her body still ached as she wrapped her arms around herself. She listen to him sigh as she looked away from him because there was no point at looking at him because it just scared her more. The girl shook her head when he still tried to say that she had something of his. It bothered her that he kept speaking as she was dead, but she was alive. This was no heaven, so she had to be alive and hopefully dreaming. "You lied to my parents about me dying...how could you?" she had a moment of angry, but she couldn't get it out because she was too wore out.

But, it only got worse as Merrick continued to speak and calling himself an dark angel. It did make a little sense because she thought that she had seen wings while she slept and he had wings now. He was making it seem as if he was the angel of the death was going to take her to heaven, but she was still alive. It felt as her heart stopped when he spoke about giving her blood. She remembered tasting something like metal in her mouth and that was his blood. Her stomach started to turn as her face grew pale and she was now feeling worse than before.

Merrick spoke about how he had rescued her from her illness, but how was she lucky if she didn't get to be with her family. They thought that she was dead and the whole town did which meant she couldn't marry and have child. What was she suppose to live for? Her body shivered as he spoke his name even though she didn't understand, but the biggest strike of fear came when he said that he was a vampire. Finally, she made herself look up at him when she saw him make himself bleed. "Why did you do this to me?" she asked in hurt tone.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

It seemed the more he spoke, the more the girl broke down. Of course it would be difficult, knowing you couldn't return to a family you loved, but the world was also cruel like that too. He didn't expect her to understand now, or much at all for that matter. Still, it was a lot to take in and accept in such a short matter of time. He was steadily getting frustrated again though, her questioning his reasonings behind things.. "What do you propose I should have said? 'Sorry I really came to eat your daughter in her last moments, but at the last minute I decided to save her. The only way for her to survive is to stay with me, so sorry you won't be seeing her again'?" he hissed the words in a tumble before finally blowing the rest of the fumes in a sigh.

There was no easy way to it. Did he want to be like this? Certainly not, but one could not choose the life they were to have. He was a vampire, through and through and not just one of those familiar sorts either. Only those with complete vampire blood could change a human into a vampire underling, but Merrick had no desire for such minions. Not anymore anyway. He had outgrown such childish thoughts, or at least he put away such past things. "Sorry," he half-grumbled, "Sometimes, one just has to pick the best of the worst. The lesser of evils, so to speak although that is all subjective thinking I know." the male shook his head. He could see her trembling.

Her shock and fear of finding out Merrick's true nature, it hardly came as a shock to him anymore. In fact, he expected as much. Her body language and reaction just leaked the sensation of terror. "Isn't it obvious?" he asked smiling distantly, "You're now my servant; my little pet." Of course it wasn't the actual reason, he was more or less messing with her here even though she would have to stay and work under him.

His facial expression took on the same cryptic look as before then. "Just because you are dead in this town, doesn't mean you won't be able to return to them someday..Maybe not under the same name if it were here. The blood's effects are temporal so long as the dosage is kept fairly minimalized." He informed, "Even if you can escape and make it to the town in one piece, there is still the inevitable side affects; you will be unaffected by any malady, your healing might have increased, and you won't age while the blood acts on you. In essence, inhuman qualities." Merrick paused as though wondering if he should go on. He didn't even know if the girl was listening anymore.

"I know it's a lot, but why don't we head back now." he sighed, before turning his head completely in her direction at least in a courtesy sort of way. "I'm not asking you to trust me, but I'll need you to follow me back. It's dangerous if someone where to discover you." he murmured.

User Image

Feels likeWorn
LocaleOutside the Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

Rebecca was wondering if it would of been best to just had died that fateful night. Her body froze in fear when he spoke that he was going to kill her instead of letting the disease kill her. She could no longer lift her head to look at him because she was frighten of him and didn't know what to do. Now, she was confused because he almost seemed human when he sighed and said sorry. Maybe he wasn't as evil as she thought even though he was a vampire. When he continued to talk to wondered if she should keep listening or tune him out because he was helping feel any less scared in this situation.

"I am not your pet and I will never be" her voice was very shaky as she continued to look away from him. He was not allowed to experience joy or happiness from her pain. She would have to do everything that she could to make him feel her pain. But, all her thoughts were stopped in their tracks when he spoke about being able to return to the town someday, but the someday was not today or whenever her parents were alive and she was sure that Merrick would have it that was. "I would not anymore vampire blood to enter my body...I don't want anymore. I just want to be a human even if it means dying" she hoped that he would understand.

Rebecca moved to actually look at Merrick when he spoke to her about going back. It made her wonder on why such a handsome face could be face of evil. "I don't think I have the strength to walk back" her body was tired from trying to run away along with listening about how she couldn't go back to her parents instead she had to live her life out with this vampire who didn't even give her a choice. Then she wonder on what she would of choose if she was given a choice that fateful night.

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

The fear she seemed to hold onto just leaked off in waves. Perhaps it was hyper sensitive abilities of his that he picked up on it easily--that or she really obvious about it. Probably both, but the girl had no reason to fight it back. What wasn't there to be afraid of? He was a being who fed of human life. Of course it was Merrick's choice whether he wished to feed on the dying and dead, though they had hardly any flavor to them. It was more like like the difference between eating something that was going bad and eating something that was virtually 'spoiled.' Yet he did. Still, the very fact he fed on human beings was a sin in itself.

Just because he was able to live in this town peacefully for so long did not mean he didn't do some things that could be considered 'awful.' He still fed on some of the living; the dying weren't the dead yet. And here this girl before him would have joined in becoming part of his meals, but instead he decided he would change it up a bit. He would grant her 'wish'--normally nobody wanted to die so young. She was to go just as she was reaching one of her primes; going through the formalities of marriage and a family. All that was to fly out the window. Here, he just suspended it. Sure, it would be delayed, but it was an assured thing if the girl listened to him, which may be easier said than done.

Merrick shook his head at her refusal to be his servant. "Say what you may, but the blood still has vampire venom in it--not the kind that would change into a creature of the night, but enough to hinder your humanity temporarily." She had no choice. He noticed though that she seemed more responsive at the prospect that she could someday return and have a normal life. Indeed it was true, once the blood released its go she had nothing to worry about. She would no longer be under his obligation; a happy thing really. "You can die still. You are 100% human, but you're more..advanced per say." He didn't go into any detail, he was getting rather weary.

The night was wearing on and daylight would break. Although sun didn't melt him into a pool of his entire being, it did cause severe enough damage if he was exposed to it long enough. Hence, Merrick slept during the days and lurked during the nights. His crimson gaze returned to her oddly colored gaze. "Not a problem. I will let it go just this once." With that, he offered a hand to her. She must certainly be tired. It would be an adjustment, but now Merrick had become her caretaker in some respects. He'd still have to keep an eye on her.

User Image

Feels likeWorn
LocaleOutside the Manor

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
User Image

Rebecca Anne Vender

User Image

Rebecca was confused by Merrick's words about the vampire blood being like venom. It didn't make sense and she really didn't want to be his servant. The thoughts of what he would make her do scared her to the very bone. But, it was nice to know that she wouldn't turn into a creature like him. She would not want to be a vampire because she would not want to have to fed on humans. "Die like a normal human...?" she thought the sickness that she had before. This was the first time that she noticed that she wasn't coughing anymore.

She watched as it started to become lighter out and she noticed on how much Merrick actually looked like a human. He was very handsome and his black hair shined in the sunlight. A blush appeared on her cheeks as she continued to look at him. Her breathing was starting to slow down and she wasn't as afraid of him as before. She looked at the hand that he held out to her. Gently, she took his hand in her cold small hand. It made her wonder on what he was going to expect her to do. She didn't know how to serve anyone "Can I eat and drink something?"

"In the darkest night "

Tipsy Shapeshifter

User Image
Merrick | Sylvain LeFay

User Image

Merrick did not worry about trying to explain things to her. It was all trifling stuff that wouldn't pertain to her for long. Hell, she wouldn't even show signs of aging until the blood had been flushed out. Unlike most substances that could be removed in the course of a season, vampire blood could last several if not even years depending on the quantity. Not that Rebecca had anything to worry about, Merrick didn't share his blood to many..not even his familiars. Unfortunately for the familiars, they too ended up dying out because they had all venom and no remedy: the blood of their master--though Merrick didn't care for them much and quite rather have few or be alone.

In fact, it was almost unheard of that a vampire give his or her blood out. Since it acted more as a remedy of sorts, it had no transforming affects on a human, but it could act as a poison too in its own right. The true venom came from the fangs. "Not to worry--Regular human sickness will not affect you. Not even the Black Death." he informed, "So I suppose you could say you're not indestructable. You are still easily killable as a human, but immune to human sickness. At least, for now." In a way, the immunity could be a tragic thing to live with if one had to live watching their loved ones die around them. In this way, Merrick would at least shelter her from that.

As the sun began to make its way across the sky, Merrick felt himself becoming more and more drained. He still had plenty of strength, and in fact it surpassed many humans with it, but it didn't mean he still didn't feel the weakness from the sun. His pale complexion was steadily being illuminated by the light. Soon the suns rays would be in full blast, and he would start feeling more of the trouble. Instead of recoiling away from the light, however like many of his kind and familiars do, he just glared at it.

Looking away from the stinging beams, he could sense that the atmosphere around the female had changed slightly. Maybe it was because she was tired and didn't want to fight with fear anymore? Either way, it was kind of a relief. He tugged on her hand as soon as she took his, and gently pulled her closer into his arms and lifted her so that he would be carrying her. Even while feeling worn as he did, it did not affect him at all when he carried her. "I'll have the familiars take care of you when we get back." he responded in a murmur, light and lulling in some ways.

He moved quickly, yet careful with the girl in his arms, back to the manor before the Sun could take much more residence on the land. The familiars were already waiting. "The master has returned!" one of them spoke up cheerily, though Merrick just glared at them. "See to it that she is given a bite to eat and to drink. After you may escort her quarters" He slowly set her down, wondering if she would be able to walk a little ways to the dining area and then again to a room that would be hers. Either way, the familiars were present. They couldn't argue against his words. "Inform her well." he advised them before starting to his room.

User Image

Feels likeExhausted
Localethe LeFay Manor

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out