Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

The bright smile on her face faded as she looked down and contemplated the fall.
"I am so sorry Jira." Her voice was completely calm. not a single tremble betrayed the fear in her heart.

"I can't control it. Most likely we are going to fall. You are made of sand... maybe it will hurt, but ultimately you will be fine right?" As usual Rinsa sounded confident. If you did not know her well you would not notice the slight pallor in her cheeks. The thing that truly betrayed her fear was in the fact that she did not mention her own plight alongside Tamajira's.

She felt the magic break beneath her and closed her eyes, forcing her body to relax. She knew from experience if she tensed things would be much worse.

Suddenly the world was spinning and they were falling. Rinsa hit the ground with an audible crunch. Fireworks of pain radiated up through her left leg, and clouded her vision. She did not have to look down to realize something was wrong. As usual the one thing her Isei failed to protect her from was itself.

Doing her very best to keep the pain from her face and her voice she looked at Tamajira."Are you alright Sandy man?" Her breath caught in her throat as soon as she had the words out. If he was not completely clouded by anger Tamajira knew her well enough to see her through the mask, If he was paying attention it should be obvious that she was not alright.
--

Koatsu's reaction brought a smile to both of their faces. The man truly had a kind heart. What had been done to him was a terrible tragedy. Part of Shiden wanted to make sure that could never happen to anyone else... but the weight of what that meant.... he was supposed to be a doctor, but now he was nothing but a murderer.

"I can fight if I have to... I choose not to. I am better at running away." The tall man was unable to hide that ever present sorrow in his black eyes.
Naimi was still smiling. Koatsu could not see her right now, but he still believed in her. It warmed her heart to think that way. Even though she was dead, someone was still think of her. Someone was still grateful to her. It was an incredible thrill.
"But, you are tired of running." She spoke softly and without question. she knew she was right.
"Maybe... this will be good for you too."
A thin smile crossed Shiden's face. "Yes." He said to his sister before turning his attention back to Koatsu.
"It will not be easy." He admitted.
"But trust me. We will find something."
So it was that the two of them set to wandering the city looking for a job. shiden igured as long as he could keep Koatsu away from blood everything would work out just fine.

Koatsu's appearance was unsettling to many and it took some time, but Shiden was never discouraged. And finally after hours of walking and searching he found someone willing to accept the both of them as laborers.

Despite Shiden's rail thin appearance the man was all muscle. He had spent the last few years running, learning self defense and working odd jobs. He had been forged on the anvil of adversity into a well oiled machine.

Shiden lifted a bail of rice onto his shoulders and grinned at Koatsu. they had not gotten anywhere with Koatsu's search just yet... but it seemed like that could take years. For now they had a job. A few days hard work and they would have enough money to move on again.
--

Not surprised by his friend's approach the silver haired angel laughed musically. He slowly rose to his feet.
"If you like it so much it is yours." he said politely. He held the tiny silvery dove toward his friend. The pale of his fingers almost matched the hue of the isei he had taken upon himself to destroy.

"It has been a long time old friend." His soft pink eyes smiled at him from behind silver eyelashes.

"Your little monster has had a few days head start. But he has an interesting appearance. And the man he is travelling with is also interesting. If we ask around we should be able to find a solid lead on the direction they are headed."

Lithe was always and exceptional hunter. His biggest asset was his ability to track and find just about anyone he wanted. Once upon a time they called him the blood hound. Of course in the end his bloodthirstiness had gotten the better of him. His desire to cut and destroy and eventually create set him apart from his coworkers.

That urge had eventually over powered him. During an important mission from Misha he had lost it. He took out two fellow hunters who tried to stop him, and then he carved their iseis, along with the isei they were sent to find into his first works of art. When he came back to himself he knew he had to run. Misha would never forgive him for destroying three valuable iseis.

Koyuki had been his friend before he left Misha behind. The boy was putting himself at risk by associating with him right now.
"You know right? Just how much trouble you will be in if father finds out that you ran off to play with little old me?" he winked at his friend.

axuqa's Honey Bun

Big Egg

Jira was busy whirling and twirling in the air when he heard the girl speak up at a bit of a distance. What she said wasn’t anything he was really expecting, that’s for sure. He was sure she would come up with something witty and stupid. Something that would be partially taunting, something that would make him want to smack her down to the ground. Instead… she said she was sorry. What?

What?!

Sorry!?

Tamajira looked over at her with a face of utter shock. If anyone else were to witness this look they would have assumed that Rinsa just told Jira that she was carrying his baby or something. But no, he was just to unused to anyone ever telling him “sorry.” In fact, perhaps this was even the first time he heard it. What was the meaning of it? Was she sarcastic? Sure he’s heard it before, but only in a sarcastic tone. But as he recalled the way she said it again, it was calm, no tremble, no fluctuation, no hidden meaning behind it, just… Sorry.

She continued with her apology, she was sorry that the two of them were going to fall a long way to the hard ground. Was she sorry that he would get a chance to be hurt? Tamajira didn’t really know how to react, he was silent, just stared at her for a while, this was just so odd for him. She knew he would be able to protect himself, and yet she seemed sorry for putting him in this position in the first place.

It was only when the wind started to smack against his face that he realized the two of them really were falling. He brought himself back to reality quickly when he realized that. The heart within him became surrounded by hardened sand while the rest of his body softened and became elongated so it would have to travel a way to cause any damage to his heart. He hit, it hurt, just as he should have figured, but he was fine. His body fell into a puddle for a while, but then he slowly rebuilt himself.

His face was the first to come out of the puddle of sand, and as he built himself he locked his eyes upon the woman that dropped him. Silent. He heard the crack, he was sure anyone in this vicinity would be able to. He may not have had bones for years now, but he certainly knew the sound of breaking bones. As his body took form he never took his eyes off the girl, he stood up and brushed himself off with the same slightly confused look that he couldn’t seem to get rid of since she told him that she was sorry.

Finally, she spoke up.

It seemed to break the spell she had put on him. ”… Huh…. Oh…” he looked down at himself, brushed more of himself off and held out a hand. ”I’m sore but alright…” out of his hand slowly emerged the red pulsating heart. His finger wrapped into it as if they were its arteries. He quickly pushed it back into his chest after giving it a once over to make sure everything was alright with it. A small scratch could quickly lead to death for him.

It was obviously something was putting him off. No snide comments? No bursts of anger for having to go through that? Nothing!? He was obviously put off. The sandy colored eyes lifted up to look at the girl who didn’t even seem to want to attempt to stand. He then looked at the left leg, she seemed to have landed on that one, surly that was where the crunch came from. His eyes flicked back up to her.

Tamajira then did something no one would expect. He walked up to her crouched down and then started to wrap his hands around her leg. If Rinsa didn’t know any better she was sure to think that out of rage he would twist and jab at it just to let his rage out. His fingers twisted around and started to form together to form one large blob, with that he looked up at her with a look that said “be ready” he jerked, a small pop, and he pulled his arms away. His hands stayed on and formed a bit of a cast to cover her leg and foot.

He re grew his hands back in. As if they took all his attention now he watched as he flexed his fingers, clenching and unclenching them to ensure they would work as hands. ”Great…” he sighed in his normal sarcastic tone that he usually had when speaking to her nothing like before. ”Look what you did now. You made my journey twice as long now. You’re always messing things up Rinsa…” Tamajira grumbled and turned around, not giving another look back to her.

But instead of walking away and leaving her alone, he just crouched down and put his arms back as if inviting her onto his back. This was a new side of the Sandy man, even he didn’t know existed.

~*~

Koyuki held out his hands to accept the gift that his friend offered him. The little carving made his heart float slightly. Something like carving into someone’s soul, it certainly peaked his interest. He examined the item in the light before putting it into a small pouch at his side. Somewhere that he usually stored his valuables during hunting.

Lithe mentioned where his creation had gone off to, and Koyuki smiled. ”Well then, it sounds like we’ll have to get going!” and the two started off. The two were an odd couple, sure to attract a bit of attention. Lithe’s appearance alone caught most of attention, and Koyuki always had something that put people off about him. He was a strange strange man.

The two walked on trying to figure out when exactly the last time it was that they saw each other. This wasn’t the first time they talked since Lithe’s run, but it may have been the first they had actually seen each other face to face… or… real face to face. And yet, the words that Lithe used seemed to intrigue Yuki.

”Father?” Koyuki knew that Lithe was basically Misha’s son. Not biologically but the next one to take the reign of the hunters. They grew up as father and son, but they were not really related at all. That’s why it shocked him that Lithe still called the man father. ”You do not need to call him that any further. He has disowned you… well, to the point where he will kill you upon sight. You know that. He certainly doesn’t consider you his son any longer. Why do you continue to call him father?” This boy was always full of questions. He wanted to know, wanted to become aware, that’s why he always asked questions when those questions arose, no matter the situation of atmosphere he was in.

The walk had taken a while, in fact quite some time, but eventually they came to a town. It was busy and hopping, and it’s where their journey had taken them. After asking around a whole lot, it seemed like his vampire made his way here while acquiring a friend, one which seemed to grab Lithe’s interest. Koyuki didn’t seem as interested in finding this other man, but if the two were together then at least the two of them could find what they were looking for.

It didn’t take long before he was able to find what he was looking for:

Yeah… Jeremiah always seems to hire strange men, but I guess that’s good. No harm has come from them so far, looks like he just got some hired muscle. It’s just… looking at that face, all patched up and hidden, and that eye… it still creeps me out a bit every time I go to that store. At least the other one he hired doesn’t look as creepy.” the women chuckled and continued on their stroll.

Bingo.

Koyuki started asking around for Jeremiah, rather than a freaky duo. It was much easier and many people were happy to point him in the right direction. Apparently this gentleman was one of the kindest but toughest men of the village, always giving any man a working chance, but then working their butts off to make them prove that they deserve that chance. The villagers around here thought it a good thing.

The boy and his friend went to scout of the area, and sure enough two men were working away moving bails of rice and other necessities a dark grin covered the boy’s mouth as he saw his creation from a distance. ”Come friend. Let us not get close. I have a rule about my subjects seeing me. And while he should not recognize me, I will never give him the chance. But perhaps we can have some fun in the meantime. I would love to test him. But only just a little… ” A small chuckled could be heard as the man fused himself to a wall nearby and soon became unrecognizable as a human.

”Friend, shall you stay and keep an eye on him for but a moment. I must receive some pawns for this game, but I would rather my king not move from his spot until my pieces are in position.” the wall spoke to Lithe. Lithe was skilled and knew Yuki’s power well, so he knew when the man left his place on the wall, moving elsewhere to go find something else.

After sometime the man returned back, still fused to the wall he left with. ”Hmn…” the wall muttered, which would frighten any normal human, but Lithe was sure to expect it. ”The pawns shall arrive soon, now shall we wait? I would like to see how my creation reacts…”

And just as the wall finished its sentence a few ruffians came bustling through the streets. Their rough attitude screamed that they were looking for trouble. One of them pushed through the people that were only barely in his way while the other followed behind. They were storming up to Jeremiah’s place.

HEY!” the seeming leader called out upon seeing Shiden and Koatsu. “I heard Jeremiah hired a bunch of THUGS who aren’t what they seem. That’s a mighty fine Isei you have!” That’s where Koyuki came in. Telling lies about the isei these two had to catch the interest of the hunters. Rapid healing is what he said the one in the hat had. Instant death was the only way to win his stone. And Koatsu had the power to harden his whole body into an impenetrable force. Basically, he convinced these buffoons that if he killed both of them and got their stones, they would be immortal. Of course that would interest any hunter.

I think I’ll be taking both of those!

User Image

User Image
                      Sora shrugged, as much as a hawk could. "He remembers fragments, but not much else. Nothing really concrete." She had asked the same question to Rean countless times and it was always that same answer. Fragments, glimpses, a face he could never place, a location he could never pin down. "He keeps a book of everything he can and can almost remember, but none of it has come to much use."

She didn't see the point of it. Rean had coded the book of course, but just by looking at the illustrations Sora worried that a person from his unremembered past would be able to decipher passages that Rean would much rather keep hidden.

As Takichi started to tell her about his past, Sora found herself rather intrigued. Not being very familiar with geography (She left that nonsense to Rean), Sora had no idea where La'kau was located. It sounded fascinating though! Even the word was new and different. La'kau...La'kau...La'kau. She kept repeating it in her mind, memorizing its exact pronunciation. As a hawk, speaking the common language was extremely difficult, but this word came almost as easily as Hawk Tongue.

And it was as she contemplated the best way to get him to teach her his language that Takichi mentioned the domesticated hawks.

After listening to him go on about them, Sora felt an odd mixture of remorse and anger. 'I suppose I too have let myself become dominican...'(She wasn't very good with words either sometimes) She thought.' I wonder if those tribal birds are happy being bred to serve humans? Do they ever wish for the wild, for freedom? I mean I was also raised by a human being, but at least I have a choice in what I do and where I go. At least Rean treats me like an equal, most of the time anyway, and not like some pet! These hawks could have had freedom and choices and know what it is to truly be a Bird of Prey! What would happen if they were separated from their human 'master'? Did they even know how to feed themselves without a human? And what if they did run into wild hawks? According to Takichi, he’d had no idea how wild hawks acted, and look what happened to him! What chance did those so called tamer hawks have?' From the sound of these atrocities being committed upon her brethren, Sora would need start learning how to read a map and soon.

'And when I do,' She vowed, with a fierce glow in her eyes, 'I'm going to show those humans a thing or two!' Sora was sweating with rage. 'Wait sweating?’

"What is happening? This isn't something Rean does to the trees...is it?" He asked as waves of heat enveloped them.

"What? Of course it isn't! Why...?" But as she turned to look in his direction, she saw why. A pillar of flames taller than the trees rose high into the air. It could only be coming from one person. "Oh that idiot!"

"We must go!"

Sora took off from Takichi's shoulder and shot into the sky; she glided above the trees, while still managing to keep him in sight. "He's about half a mile in." She called down, "Follow me!" As she flew, the tower of flame started to lessen, becoming increasingly smaller as she neared it. Sora guessed that Rean either knew they were coming, or more likely, that he was starting to run out of juice. ‘That’s twice now in the last day and a half.’ She thought. ‘He probably can’t keep it going for much longer.’

Unlike Takichi, Sora knew this had to be some sort of signal; Rean wouldn’t just use his mother’s stone so carelessly unless he had some reason for it. ‘If only he could reach out to us through his isei!’ They had attempted, with mixed results, to reach out to each other through thoughts from small distances. Sometimes sit worked, most times it didn't.

As she neared the rapidly dwindling pillar of flames, Sora could finally see just where exactly they were coming from. What she saw did nothing to lessen her fears. Half of a metal lined tree stood precariously beside a gaping hole in the ground where snowflake sized embers were dancing slowly down into its dark depths.

“Well, he’s already alerted absolutely everyone to our present location, and it’s not even lunch time. Let’s see what else we can wreak before the day is through!”

Sora took a dive, and entered the abyss.

What she found inside was even worse than what she had just left. Amid the wreckage of a ransacked, rancid, and ruined room she found a dirt laden, splinter ridden Rean hunched forward with hands over head, cowering from whatever was beneath the large map on the far wall. One look at the map, not to mention a whiff of the rank venomous ooze and Sora knew they needed to leave. Looking at the state of her comrade, however, there wasn't a way that would be happening soon.

“Rean?” She murmured softly, coming to rest upon what, in a former life, must have been a table leg but now resembled a wooden maul complete with inch long fractured spikes. “What happened here? You couldn't have caused all of this, and most importantly, what in hell possessed you to wander into a Godsforsaken Hunter’s Den?”

User Image.xXx.User Image.xXx.User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces