Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cuddly Wolf

Kat let relief cross her face even though she hadn't won yet. Relief would make it seem like to Kuwabara that she hadn't wanted to fight him, (maybe was a little scared? She'd take anything that worked in her favor honestly) and smiled at him again. Wisely she kept her mouth shut because he was forfeiting but she wouldn't make the mistake of sounding like she was as well. She'd fight him if she had to, just hopefully he kept being the “handsome gentleman” he was and refused to fight her.

Yusuke spluttered, looking between the two girls before finally landing on Kat. “No no no. Kuwabara they are not this sweet! A fighter's a fighter and they even battled with Kurama earlier!” There was no way in hell they were going to get away with this! They couldn't just swoon Koenma over, then show their fangs only to go all “sweet” on Kuwabara! Hell no!

Kat looked over at Yusuke as innocently as she could. “But, we didn't fight him. We were trying to get away so we didn't get hurt.” Oh that tasted bad in her mouth. Run away? Implying they ran away? Ugh as if, they were trying to escape without loosing body parts. Running away was cowardly and all sorts of just no. But. If that wording helped reinforce Kuwabara's refusal to fight her, well, some things must be sacrificed for a better result.

Hiei, from his spot against the wall, dryly commented, “Make no mistake idiot, they know exactly what they're doing and they are no angels.” He kept his arms crossed, not calling Kurama out on his lie because they did need Kuwabara to fight but it was hardly likely all the same. That fool refused to fight females for some stupid “code” that made no sense.

Hilarious Otaku

"Excuse me, wings!" Kelsey pointed at her back turning her attention to the annoying midget, "Totally an angel." She pretended to be hurt putting her hand on her chest, but then couldn't help a giggle.

Kuwabara stood his ground, arms still tight against his chest. They wouldn't understand what being a gentlemen was like, his code was important and should be upheld. "I don't care what you say guys. A girl shouldn't be fighting and a guy shouldn't fight a girl." He wasn't going to let them break him, even if it meant giving up a date with Yukina. He just knew she would understand and still go out with him! "I'm not going to fight with her."

"Yes, you will." Koenma crossed his arms flopping back into his seat. "Or, you will never get to see Yukina again, or get to go on a date with her."

...Damn...He didn't want that to happen. But, what was he suppose to do? He looked back down to the girl who looked so relieved that she wasn't going to have to fight him. She must have been scared. What where they trying to make her do by fighting him!? Ugh! "No! I won't do it. I can't! I love Yukina but I can't do it!" Kuwabara vowed that he would never love another girl than her, even if he would never get to see her again! I'm sorry Yukina!, he thought. But he knew he couldn't go against his own beliefs. Tears swelled in his eyes and he placed an arm over them. "I'm sorry Yukina! My love!"

Now she felt a little bad for him...Aw...Swinging her legs as she leaned back on the desk. "You guys are mean."

Kurama gave a shrug and a half-hearted chuckle. There was no beating Kuwabara's stubbornness when it came to not fighting woman, not even Yukina. He really was a true gentlemen to the end.

Cuddly Wolf

Hiei snorted at Kelsey's attempts at passing herself off as an angel and dryly remarked, “I thought Angels were supposed to have white wings, not black. Sounds more like an evil angel than a noble one.” He arched a challenging eyebrow at her.

Kat frowned at Koenma and agreed with her best friend, “you guys really are mean.” Turning back to Kuwabara she gently added, “I'm sure Yukina will still see you.” Why would she just stop seeing him because he refused to fight a girl against his code? Or were they implying they'd keep him from Yukina? Hmph. If it came to that, she'd make sure Kuwabara could see Yukina, at least one more time!

“Ugh. There's just no arguing with you.” Yusuke complained to Kuwabara even though he had known from the getgo that he wouldn't fight the girl. Crossing his arms a little unhappily he looked to Koenma and tried not to begrudge the girls for outsmarting them. Hell, he would have thought Hiei or Kurama would have caught that before it happened. “Well?” Did they 'loose'? Did the girls get to look at that book again? Say.. What book was that?

Hilarious Otaku

"It sound to me like you just haven't met many angles." Her wings fluttered just a bit, giving him a sweet smile. She didn't have time to be mad at him, since they did just beat the boys butts at a smart game. It's not like those boys would have known what they were planning either. It's not like they knew the girls had known the whole group. As far as she was concerned, they won from the start.

Koenma pouted and kicked his feet, "No, you must fight! I can't loose this bet!" He started to get angry. "Girls, you must pick another person to fight."

Kurama interrupted before the girls could retort to Koenma's childish rants, "Technically speaking girls, we agreed on a fight. And if you won that fight, then and only then, would you get to look at the book. And since there was no fight, there is no winner."

"That just sounds like soar loosing to me!" Kelsey still couldn't get rid of her big grin. "We both agreed to choose the opponents fighter, and we chose him. He is refusing to fight so default, we win!" She enthusiastically gave Kat a thumbs up, "Good job!"

Koenma huffed, both statements were true. They did agree on a fight and the outcome of that fight would result in the winner. But their fighter refused to fight, so, he guessed the girls did win..."Fine!" He sighed, playing with his binky. "You win girls..."

Cuddly Wolf

He refused to dignify that with a response.

Kat grinned, laughed and gave Kelsey a returning thumbs up. “Sweet! So we'll have a look at that book now, if you don't mind.” She smiled at Koenma, the recent strategic victory warming her up and making her excited and eager.

When Yusuke asked just what book it was anyways she smiled and playfully answered “The one Foxy over here decided to shower his rose petals all over.” She glanced at Kurama and teased “and I was trying to read that.” Oh wow. He had really green eyes. How'd she miss that before? If she tried to color it, it'd be a forest green and woah, mind on the prize there Kat. Book. You wanted to read a book. Not a demon. Although... that might be kinda fun.

“Well I'm not going to be the one searching for a stupid book.” he grumbled, relaxing his posture and shoving his hands in his pockets. “Never cared for the whole needle in a hay stack thing. Hey,” he looked towards Hiei and Kurama, “since you're the two that saw the book, why don't one of you fetch it.” He grinned cheekily at the guys and the prospect of either of them fetching anything.

Hilarious Otaku

Kurama gave a chuckle to what the dirty blonde said next. But he chose to say nothing since Yusuke started talking anyways. He instead meet her bright blue eyes, almost a misty blue with his green ones. If only he knew what she was thinking. These girls turned out to be more intelligent than they all had anticipated, so just what was going on behind those eyes. Quickly they escaped his gaze and a soft smile lay on his lips.

Red hair fell off shoulders as she leaned forward still sitting on the desk her hands by her side. She tilting her head, big warm brown eyes landing on his own, and gave him a teasing smile. "What, you don't want to be left alone with two cute girls in a dimly lit place while they are bending over and stretching trying to find something?" But her laughter couldn't be held back since they just beat all of them in a mind game. Her emotions kept bubbling up happiness no matter who said what or what was happening.

The other red head in the room again pipped up, "That probably won't be an issue. Right, Koenma?" He turned to look at the baby who still sat in his seat pouting.

Koenma knew exactly what the fox meant and he grumbled, "Ogre!" The blue guy next to him rushed off without the others knowing exactly what was going on.

Cuddly Wolf

That brought images to his mind. Very bad images. He had Keiko! Focus Yusuke! This woman was nothing like his Keiko, playing underhandedly to win and with such a dirty mind! He admired that kind of thing in an opponent and friend but he loved Keiko. Perhaps if he didn't act interested, she would back off? Worth a shot of Kuwabara not murdering him...

“Ha ha. That's just another way of trying to get me to do all the work for you. Not happening.” But he grinned to show no hard feelings, it was all in the name of having a good fun banter.

Kat watched the ogre go, looked at Koenma, the bickering Yusuke and Kelsey and then to Kurama. “Smart. You don't even have to lift a claw now, huh Foxy?” She grinned. He was an intelligent one. Would have been nice to spar with him, fighting would be better but really she'd like to keep all her limbs. He'd be interesting and frustrating to fight against with that perceiving mind of his. Quick, deadly, precise, trying to pick apart your mind and next move... Forcefully she shoved those butterflies back down into oblivion and kept her tail still. It needed to stay hidden wrapped around her and beneath the trench coat but when she was anxious all it wanted to do was move. The less these guys knew about her and Kelsey the higher their chances were to get away and not be found again. Well, until they wanted to be found again that is.

Hiei glared at the room's occupants as the noise level got higher with their incessant babbling. If that book didn't show up soon he was going to do something about that noise level and it probably wouldn't be pretty. Well, to anyone but him that is.

So far that loud mouth Urameshi and the bird demon were the loudest. Perhaps they would be the first to go.

Hilarious Otaku

Kelsey snapped her fingers, "Aw, you saw right through my ingenious plan! So close." Another giggle escaping her lips. It was fun to have someone who was so easy to talk to again! And a guy! All Kelsey knew was Kat and her family, which consisted of a mother and brother who didn't like her very much - you know the whole half demon thing? Some people just don't know how to handle it.

But when she met Kat long ago, she stopped having to fight for attention from her mother, and stop her brothers hatred from effecting her. She finally had someone to laugh and play with, someone to listen and weep over her sadness. And that was all she needed. But it still felt good to be laughing with others who didn't care who she was blood wise, and just have fun.

Yusuke, still, became the one the bird felt a little attached too. His attitude felt right, carefree but still serious. That's why it was easy for her to joke with him and feel attached. Not like the others. Well, she couldn't say much about Kuwabara, so far she didn't mind him. Though, the other two, she did mind. One did try to rip her wings off while the other one was so rude! But she knew this was going to end soon. As soon as they figured out what they wanted to know, the girls would bolt and never be seen again. And the fun would end.

"So, what exactly is this book you two are after?" Kuwabara finally reigned in his sadness for the moment, being curious as to what those girls were after.

Kurama nodded, "Yes. You two did say you would give us a reason if we agreed to the fight."

Kelsey's eyes turned to Kat. Guess we do have to tell them...

Cuddly Wolf

“Ah, forgot about that little clause.” She shrugged, feigning nonchalance, and added cheekily “Buuut you boys will have to wait to hear that until we both get our look at that book again.” 'Bare minimum facts. The less they can use against us and to find us, the better.' “We said we'd tell you, not when we'd tell you.” This was fun! She smiled at Yusuke as he groaned with an Oh come on!

It was fun joking around, hanging out with them, and with such talented fighters too! (they had heard the stories from the tournament, been there for a few precious bits of it when they were able to sneak away from the human world and into the spirit world) but eventually they'd have to leave. There was no reason these guys would want to associate with them and no reason for them to not kill them (aside from the puppy dog Kuwabara). As fun as this was, it was important to remember they needed to disappear after they got what they came for. Inwardly Kat frowned. She hated ruining fun times.

Hilarious Otaku

As the joking and talks continued, Ogre came running back into the room, book in hand. That was faster than she was expecting it to be since the vaults were a long ways away. Guess they brought the book up and had another team trying to figure out what it was the girls were after in case they won't tell.

When the book was handed over to Koenma, the girl who still sat on the desk shifted to lift one leg up on the desk with her. There is was. This was it. They were going to get a clue to help in their search.

"So, like my friend just said, we get to look at the book first, then we tell you." Her grin widened even bigger, if that was even possible.

Pushing himself off the wall that he had come to like during all the talking, he found his way over to the desk. "What makes us believe that you will tell us after?" He knew they couldn't do much against the full team, but he wanted to make sure they knew that. Makes it easier on the team in the long run.

Kelsey took a look once around the room before letting her eyes return to Kurama. "I think you can trust us after what happened earlier." And she pointed down at the foot that rested with her on the table.

Koenma just pushed the book toward the girls, still a little upset from the previous loss. The papers still rested on his desk and he took to writing some things on them.

Cuddly Wolf

Kat smiled as she walked up to Kelsey. “Don't worry, we'll tell you. Not like you can't tie us down with that rose whip of yours if we try to escape without saying.” Sitting next to her on the desk she pulled the book into both Kelsey and her laps (it was so huge) to read. She flipped back to the page she was on when Kurama had interrupted them the first time and started reading. She read quickly and tried to imprint everything into her memory, making a picture of the page to remember it better by and ended up reading a few chapters (hey, it all related!) before nudging Kelsey gently to read what she needed.

Mind swimming with new information and trying hard to retain every little bit of it, she sat silent as Kelsey read.

Hiei finally left his wall, silently reappearing beside Koenma to make sure the girls didn't do anything foolish, like setting the book on fire after they were done with it, and to grab the book as soon as they were done with it first. So he could be the first to see what they had snuck in here after.

“Aw man. Just how long are they gonna read a book? This is boring!” Yusuke however, was trying very hard to not appear as if he was trying to get a good look at the book over Kurama's shoulder.

Hilarious Otaku

Her eyes skimmed many pages, pausing here and there to read in more detail. There were so many myths that she just had to know about! What Kelsey was looking for exactly was a little more toward the ending of her reading. And probably anyone could tell when her eyes lit up with excitement when Yusuke spoke, she snapped her head at him glaring. "If you all had just left us in peace when we were looking at this first, you won't be in this mess, so," She stuck her tongue out before turning back down at the book again.

She finished up not too much later with a satisfying look on her face. "Alright. Here you are." She slid the tome back to Koenma. Her smile landed on Hiei again since he was right next to her. The anger from earlier had depreciated tremendously, from both him and Kurama. Well, Kurama had a little longer to go since he did almost keep her wings from working for a week. Lucky for him she could turn her wings into fire which cauterized her wounds. But Hiei was just being a little rude, nothing she couldn't get over. So she thought at him, Sorry about how I reacted earlier. If you still want to know, I'll tell you.

After watching every page and memorizing all the page numbers they stopped on, Kurama was surprised at just how much they looked at. Though making a mental note about where they looked serious or a little happier, since most likely those were the pages they wanted to know most. This was just in case they left out any important details.

Koenma hovered above this chair, looking down at the book and the two girls that all sat on his desk. "Explain please."

Coming out from a door off to the side of the room, another Ogre (a green one this time!) walked a little hurried to the Blue Ogre, who took papers from him, then the green one left. Jorge placed the papers next to the others for the king to look at when he got the chance.

Cuddly Wolf

Yusuke snapped his head back at the abrupt glare and retort before sticking his own tongue out at her just as immaturely. Mockingly he mouthed Blah blah blah while making the talking mouths with his hands but grinned afterwards with a roll of his eyes. Everyone grew quiet when Koenma spoke next, asking them to explain.

Hiei blinked, surprised when he got the telepathic message. Sliding his eyes over to the girl he studied her for a moment. It was rare he got surprised but he had thought them of a lesser class of demon unable to use telepathy. 'Hn. While it would be more entertaining to hear you slip and say it, I am not adverse to you telling me.' That was about as polite and diplomatic as Hiei got but because he was still really curious about her linage he tilted his head towards her as his own way of accepting her apology.

Kat fidgeted briefly on the desk, leaned against Kelsey a little bit more for emotional support and started, “Well. I was looking for more information on powers that are inherited, the innate kind passed down through family lineages, as well as a possible master or teacher.” She gave a shrug as if those things didn't mean the world to her and tried not to let anything else spill. Her nerves were a wreck already. This was vulnerable, too vulnerable. She might act tough but she knew that with all of the fighters here, surrounded as they were, they didn't stand a chance. Add on top of that admitting that she needed someone to help teach her how to fight, that made it that much worse. Hopefully no one picked up on that she didn't know how to use her powers and perhaps just thought her curious in the different powers demons have, though with some of the sharpest minds here, that might just be a futile hope.

Hilarious Otaku

The bird was used to her family being just as hard and guarded as Hiei. She figured this was the best she would get as an apology from him. But that had to wait.

Kelsey pushed back on Kat ever so slightly to let her know she was right there with her. It was nerve racking to really give anything away, let alone something that meant showing a weakness. She tried to sooth over Kat's by quickly speaking of her own research, hopefully easing her friends nerves. "Yeah, and I'm really into myths so when there is a good one, I just have to follow it til the end. That's what I wanted to find in that book. Just play things." She gave a wide smile at Koenma. "So there you go. We weren't doing anything wrong. Nothing to give a second thought."

Koenma had his arms intertwined on his chest, face scrunched up listening intently. That was it. The dirty blonde was looking for a mentor and the bird was just interested in stories, folk lore? That was it? He was expecting something more interesting, something beyond imagining and dangerous! But, they weren't looking for anything of the sort.

He had heard some interesting reasons as to why some one would break into the vaults. Kurama and Hiei both already did once, Kurama to have his sick, dieing mother, and Hiei for power. But those were things that needed the risk of getting locked away for life, or even losing their lives.

These girls were in it for just finding out how to use ones powers and mythical stories. If he hadn't known what they were capable of a little, he would think them idiots. So, since he did know they were smarter than that, there must be a reason. She must have a small blood line to need to find this specific book to help. His thoughts kept calculating what it could possibly be exactly.

Her face was a little flushed from their reactions. Silence. Maybe is wasn't a good idea to tell them anything. It wasn't helping her nerves in the least! So, to keep from thinking too much, her eyes fell back onto the other fire demon to see his reaction.

Cuddly Wolf

Hiei studied both of the girls hard. Myths? They came all this way for myths and a mentor? Just which myth was the bird demon after? One that told of a powerful weapon like that of the jagan sword? Or something else? To break in and risk everything just for a myth had to be a pretty alluring myth of power or a powerful weapon... Same to go for a mentor. Or were they both really just that stupid?

As the silence wore on Kat dropped her eyes and looked off to the side, nervous and afraid of giving something away. It wasn't her fault she didn't know how to be a demon or use her powers or all of those other 'or's she had to look up in that stupid book! It's not like she had anyone but herself and Kelsey through all of this...

Yusuke blinked, stunned into silence for a moment before he exploded, “Myths?! And a teacher?! Are you trying to tell me that you broke into this heavily guarded vault to read about some stupid fairy tales and do research on a teacher?!”

Kat looked at his expression and laughed softly at his outburst. At least Yusuke broke the awkward silence. His reactions she could handle so she gave him a nervous smile and said “Yeah.” But that stubborn chin of hers came up and a little bit of confidence returned at his gobsmacked face and she continued on, teasing, “What? Like it was supposed to be hard to break in?” She nudged her best friend and said to her conversationally, “Say, did you notice a whole lot of guards? I didn't, it was like we practically just walked into the place!”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff