Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
Zia could faintly remember Arya mentioning that the ‘Gods’ that were worshipped on their planet over time had actually been real meta’s and not truly Gods at all. It only made her reflect on the religions on her planet and she had a sneaky suspicion if any of her people ran into any of their real life deities all hell would have broken loose in the cults that would form from those who were still seeking prayer and guidance for what was coming for them. Zia had to wonder what else they played in history if many of them were that old, went to open her mouth to ask something but Cosima beat her to it.

“Yes dear there are others from that time in this room that had played parts in many things…I was the Oracle…or at least one of the Oracles of Delphi. Until my husband arrived and took me from the temple.” She gave Barachiel a loving smile and patted the man’s hand. “Although I think he could have done it without the dramatics’ of so much wind it blew priests all over the place.”

Zia furrowed her brow and tried to remember as much history as she could. She had heard mention of the oracle of Delphi when they covered ancient Greek history in one of her classes. She had a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that nearly everyone in the room was older than they really looked. Sure she knew the possibility of living a long life and she been told by Arya but actually hearing how far back people have lived and seeing people who have just had to give her a moment to really process it. She looked briefly at Jager remembering Chaen had said no one remembered just how old he was and made her wonder that too. “How do you deal with living so long?”

“Takes time.” The answer came from the woman who was standing beside the short back in the back. The one whose deal made her a little squeamish. “Names Roza, man beside me is Vasily. Resident vampire. And I say takes time to get used to such a notion of never aging. Although took me a bit longer to get used to the fact that I had to drink blood for the rest of my life then that I wouldn’t age. Then again I did think Antigen would have eventually kill me back then, survived mostly because of him.” she shrugged her shoulders, and patted Vasily’s shoulder and seeing the look in Zia’s eyes she chuckled. “Relax. I only drink donated blood unless it’s you know…someone who deserves it.” She spoke about it like it was something natural and it made Zia just squirm in her seat a bit more. But she guess it was something natural to the woman to drink blood. And by the looks around her it didn’t seem like it bothered any of them either.

“As for my powers…I can see the memories of people…more so in touch now before I had to drink their blood…I can feel emotions of people from afar like I feel your discomfort of what I am. I can move with super speed…although I had that long before the source came back up. Part of being a vampire. I can cut of your senses I think that’s basically a primal thing a instinct to take down prey that made me have that. And by cutting them off I mean I can make you loose your sense of smell, hearing…I can even make you blind so you would not see me coming.” Roza flashed another grin. “Our daughter who isn’t on the ship at the moment can control light and dark energy. I’m sure you’ll meet her in time. She likes meeting new people.”

Zia leaned her face forward in her hands and let out a small groan. Then massaged her temple with her fingers. “This is going to take some time to get used too.” How much she didn’t know she was sure maybe a few days to let everything sink in real good. Leaning back in her seat she looked around at them all carefully smirking a bit in amusement to watch Isolde move over to sit on Arthur's lap then reach up to scratch her husband behind his ears. If she hadn't got used to Arya she probably would have stared more at the fox ears poking out the top of the mans head. “As strange as it is…I find it fascinating the way your powers developed in this world. And that your elves and such still have their long lives while ours all have similar life lines to humans.”

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
At the question of how they dealt with living so long they all answered at once but said the same thing. "Get a hobby you like and stick with it, it's of course easier if you have other long lived people around you makes it easier to cope." That got plenty of nods there was no real easy answer but having a hobby some thing you could do to take up the time helped, they let Roza talk to the girl giving her some information and likely raising more questions.

"Yes were hoping to figure out why that was, we suspect it might be the source we've notice that people who are powered by undergo a variety of changes from it increased life span decreased birth rate and such. but we can't be sure about your world since we don't know if the source was ever stronger there and there is no easy way to check. I'm hoping that the information Arya and Rafe brought back might have some answers or at least some clues." THe discussion shifted to where Zia would be staying while on mars since she was there guest she would be given a guest lodging and a small stipend to spend the place would already be furnished so there was no worry about that. She'd be paying for her own food and if she wanted to work she could do that as well to earn some extra money medical bills were covered automaticaly that was a universal thing on mars and Zia escaped from Barachiel before he could get started on the economics of there society.

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
For Zia she knew it was going to take her some time to get used to the fact that she was now officially staying on another planet much less another system. When they had been flying through space there had been moments of restless sleep and periods where she didn’t get any at all. It wasn’t that she worrying about what went on back home, well she did a little, everything around her was a lot to take in that she was pretty much distracted a lot from what was going on back home.

Zia didn’t think she would learn everything in one day, that was a lot to take in. If they were to spend a number of years there than she had plenty of time to learn, though she really didn’t need years to learn a few days to a couple of weeks maybe. She had plenty of questions one being when she had listened to Roza there had been the mention that she thought she would have been dead by someone called Antigen…or was that not a single person but something else? For the moment Zia would stop with the questions that she could get answered later and focused on just how she was going to be living in this system for the next three years.

She made sure not to make a fuss to any tests that they wanted to do to get her medically cleared. Zia found the less she fussed about things like that in the past it made slings slide more smoothly and got things over with quicker. She was not entirely surprised when Cosima had come to talk to her about how she was doing mentally wise. Another thing she had gotten used too with her stay with Mithril in the past when they had her speak with a shrink on a weekly basis. Although in this case, the woman was a physic who could see into her head if she was lying about something. Cosima reassured her this was more to see how she was coping with the changes of being in a new place and with new people, while this wouldn’t have mattered if they were still on her world but being where she was. Zia could understand how Cosima was seeing to how she coped with things.

While everything was a lot to take in, Zia was even surprised herself in how she was taking it. Some part of her put it down to the fact that so many things had happened in her life lately that it was better to just accept what was going on, then again the other part of her was screaming silently in the back of her mind. Zia paid good attention to the briefing she was given about the species and that of both Mars and Earth, and again she remembered faintly Arya telling her a few things she was likely to expect in the way nudity was taken into account and such.

If she were back on her planet, she could just hear her aunts raving about the indecency of it all that she had to have a small snicker at the thought. Her family was so old fashioned in the way they were that Zia had been watched carefully growing up to make sure she didn’t get close enough to any boy to make her “impure” for marriage. And no matter of argument that many girls in upper society of India dated and the fact of being a virgin wasn’t important to some men as it had once been. But every argument went in one ear and out the other with her family more specifically her Father.

Cosima told her if she wanted she could show her how to use the computer for her to be able to do some research on her own and while she wanted to say she knew how to use one. The moment she saw their computers she knew that she would most definitely need some help in understanding how their technology worked in this world to get a better grasp on it. Still that would not stop her from feeling like some novice. She listened and gave her thanks when it came to where she would be staying though she didn’t know how she would get a job, on her world she had been in school to become a teacher though from what she seen most of what she learned was irreverent in this world. Roza though hearing that just said. “My daughter is a teacher and could use a student teacher to help out from time to time. I’m sure she’ll love having you and it gives you a way to know how the education around here works.” Zia just answered and said that she would think about it probably after she got settled in some more.

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yes the nudity and sexuality thing was going to take some getting used to one her neighbors was a human man a immigrant who had three wives all harpies two were sisters one was a daughter of one of the sisters from a previous marriage and as they told her they were shopping around for a wife four as there husband's power gave him as they said stamina. The woman only wore what could be called a series of straps made from the thermal material to help them keep warm but otherwise didn't really bother to much with clothing. Then there was the minotaur she saw downstairs who while dressed like any one his clothing was tight enough to show off every thing. Zia quickly learned that daily exercise was the norm here people would wake up turn onto channel 1 and doing there morning working encouraged by the government if you kept fit there was a tax credit for it.

To say nothing of looking and feeling good, not to say that every one was skinny and super fit but even if a person had some meat on there bones it was never to a unhealthy level, as she'd been told before medical care was covered by the government and this included seeing councilors it was actually mandatory to see one every two months and had been even in the garden to help people adjust to life and it's stress's. It was easy to spot tourists she was told as they tended to stare more or showed more signs of arousal or embarrassment about such things.

Clothing was any thing from sari to loose fabrics to just normal shirts and pants to nothing at all, Zia had been shown were the apartments emergency gear was and where the building shelter and the local shelter was. While likely not needed the Garden planned for the long term not if it might happen but when. Speaking of her apartment is was much like a single person unit one might find in London or Seattle There was a bedroom one spare room a kitchen a living room and a bathroom. The view wasn't bad she was in a what was called a cliff unit built into a cliff face looking out over the city which was very green, the city was built in the form of buildings then a green space rinse and repeat all thou in the heart of the city there was a massive park with a large tree at the center of it she didn't know the breed but it was fairly large and she was told that the tree was the reason why the city was here and she'd find the same in a number of other cities around the planet. Zia could sense a lot of energy in the area the tree seemed to be sitting on a major ley line nexus one of the great convergences as it was called.

The medical exams were fairly dull they had her lay down on a bed a ring passed over her a few times, Victor kept up some polite chatter then he had her pee in a cup took some samples urine blood and hair then they were all done. it took maybe thirty minutes and she was pronounced clean and could go on her way. Her block or apartment neighbors would be throwing her a welcoming party that night.

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
Zia opted for changing out of the sari she been given on the ship and instead change into a pair of loose shalwar pants and a kameez tunic that stopped just above her knees. While she was used to wearing sari’s back home Zia only wore them when needed and opted for something more comfortable when she was simply handling matters around the house since her returned to India.

Of course she could have just thrown on some jeans and that but loose clothing was always more comfortable to her. The only time she ever wore jeans and that was outside of India but feeling a bit more at home at the moment wearing something similar to what she would be wearing if she were in India at the moment. Some of her clothing she was to find out had been donated by Nuala and when she told her it would not be necessary the woman simply just waved it off saying it was nothing at all. “Don’t forget I make magical clothing dear. Much of the clothes I gave you can adjust to the temperature. If it’s too warm they will keep as they are if it gets a bit chillier they will keep you warm.”

That was one thing that still stood apart for Zia was the fact these people were capable of having more magical objects then it was in her world. Some part of her was tempted to see sometimes later into her stay that is if she could make something faster while she was in this system. Though remembering her last incident at trying to make a magical object after she got her new powers that she figured would keep her from trying such a feat. She had no idea how her magic would work in this world. And knew she would need to take it slow. That frustrated her a bit since she had just gotten the hang of her magic in her world and here was like starting all over again but Zia wasn’t stupid to try anything until it was perfectly clear how her magic would work.

Zia found it hard not to stare at anything she saw, even the things that made her blush. “I was much the same way when I first joined the Garden. It takes some getting used too but being exposed to it after a while you will.” Was what Isolde had told her. It wasn’t so much the nudity that bothered Zia to some degree it was seeing everyone around her. Of course seeing one group of fit people was one thing but seeing that much of the population was the same. Well it made herself look in the mirror more than a few times.

Arya had given her one thing that confused her when the woman had slipped a ring onto her index finger. “Translator ring. It’ll pretty much translate any known language in this System. Come’s in handy in case you ever need it. So I would just keep it on for a bit.” Zia only accepted that with a nod. Though it did make her stare in wonder at it, wondering how long it took to make such a ring she knew in her world perhaps a translator ring which would only translate maybe one or two languages would take at least nearly a year to make if you wanted something with more languages it would probably take longer to make. Zia herself had only seen a few different things like it. It was just much faster to cast a translation spell then it would have been to craft something like it.

Zia had taken her time to look her apartment over, she didn’t have any complaints in fact it reminded her of the apartment she had when she had been staying in London. Though the only thing that was different was the view which she had to admit she liked. It was much better than the view of the Thames she thought. The tree in the center of the city was what confused her and it wasn’t until she asked around that she found out what it was called. A Millennium tree. Zia had to think if she had ever heard of such a thing before but could not honest to god think of anything. As for the welcoming party, Zia was a bit reluctant to it but she figured it would be the better way of getting to know the people she was going to be around for at least 3 years that she knew of. For the party, Zia opted for a Lehenga shirt of red and gold that flared around her legs and a choli top that bared her mid-drift and matched the colour of the skirt. As her family taught her a first good impression was often the best to go with. Thinking the night over, Zia thought she would try and get to know as much as she could thinking if she got to know some people it would make living there a bit easier.

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Zia's first three days broke down to to having the medical exam then sitting through the immigration seminars that all new comers had to sit through tourist sat through a much shorter one she was told but since she would be staying here long term she got the longer more indepth version which took three days it was a bit like school. Cosima and the ladies handled that combining it with a tour of the city. But Zia was right magical objects could be found all over the place every thing from common day items like a metal tab used to start fires to a shoes that let you run faster or even fly and the translation ring she was wearing, then of course there was the technomagic items. They had been less before the source had come back as it had been harder to make them then all thou nothing like it was on her world they were like a assembly compared to her worlds production rate.

These first few days just flew by her neighbors were happy to give her advice the Harpies in particular she found out they worked as guides for tourists there husband doing the behind the scenes work so they knew lots of places for her to go and see and were happy to show her around or just direct her to places. But now it was time for some magic lessons and to talk with Victor about Moe who had been in the hospital with him being checked over Zia had been given the choice to either have the lessons at Victors home or at a training facility he assured her that his house had all the proper facilities they would need to train. For this week her lessons would be in the morning but next week would shift to the early afternoon so she could sit in and see what being a teachers aide was like on Mars.

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
Zia was happy and thankful to any tour of the city that anyone could give her. Be it Cosima and the ladies or her harpy neighbours. Taking the time to have as much shown to her as it was possible. She estimated it would take her only a week or two to get used to moving around the entire city on her own rather than have someone guide her. So far she knew much of the city and memorized many of the ways that would take her back toward her home without getting lost.

Most the time Zia found herself fascinated with the magical objects she came across. This fell solely on the fact that she had never seen so many. If anything this world put her world to shame in some ways. Magic wise and technology wise. As far as she saw it while she did figure they could successfully get the arks built and filled and run for a number of years. Zia was beginning to see that her people would be lacking in other ways. The arks were perhaps the most advanced she thought their technology had ever been built too. And it was beginning to make Zia wonder which world would be better to live upon, one surrounded comfortably by people who didn’t age like her or live out the rest of her life on an ark that may or may not find another world to live on and eventually get the universes grim reapers on them.

She was full of questions when it came to the history of this new world. And like it was suggested she worked on the computer she been given. Though much of her would have preferred not to have looked up on and after the meta outbreak of this world once the source had come back. Reading about the Neo-crusaders and what they had done had made her stomach churn so much she couldn’t bring herself to eat that day and part of the next day before forcing herself to eat. She had also been interested to know how India in this world worked, she had the feeling with how many meta’s were out there and some more powerful than others that the caste system like it was on her world was not as much in effect.

The decision between Victor’s place or a training facility for her magic training came when she had asked the others how Victor’s home would have all the proper facilities to train in. The answer she had gotten was a number of laughs and said once she understood more of his wife’s Ivonna’s powers then she would understand. So it was decided they would use his house just to quench her curiosity. Zia hadn’t even tried to use that much of her magic, perhaps a small spell here and there but nothing too big that used that much power to perform it. But what she had wanted to know the most was two things. The difference between the magic’s in their world and figure out what Victor’s was and finding out about Moe.

The more she saw the more she was becoming hopeful that they could help him but that didn’t leave her any less nervous about it. A good part of her prayed she didn't drag her friend all the way from home for nothing. But figured she would find out when she got there.

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
How to describe Victors home words couldn't really describe it, the house looked like it came from the Addams family on the outside until she walked through the front gate and suddenly it was nice and sunny and warm looking. Zia stepped back and looked at the house yup all black and white walked back in and all the color was back she looked at the house and the front door opened and the girl that had been with Victor came out holding up the door and was watching her with a slight smirk, she shook her head and walked down the steps to her. "He's waiting inside for you my dear, I was just dropping off some samples he needed, do have fun and make sure drool doesn't get you to wet." She just patted her shoulder as she walked by.heading off to work, a moment later a dog's head peeked out the open door it looked like a english bulldog tongue hanging out then the head got higher until it was door knob high higher than any bull dog's head should be and then drool stepped out and Zia wasn't sure what the dog was it now looked more like a cross between a great dane and a bulldog.

Drool tail wagged at the sight of the new person and it let out a loud bark and charged out towards Zia ready to share the love a minute later Zia was in the house the door closed and Drool outside sitting on the front porch wanting to play some more and Zia glad she had got away from that tongue. Victor just came out of the kitchen sipping a mug of tea dressed again like he was in a different era. "I see you've met drool, don't worry he's just being friendly, so ready for a fun day of learning?"

Viktor just started walking back into the kitchen and Zia followed after him and stopped when she saw the backyard through the kitchen windows the house had been built into a hill the kitchen on the first floor should be in the ground for a moment she thought it might be a holo. but she could smell the breeze coming through the window hear it even feel the breeze if it was a trick it was a amazing one.

"So I figured out why your magic is so different, it's the way you cast your spells. Your magic is cast more like it's a ritual spell rather than a normal spell like how I case magic so today we are going to see if you can cast magic like I do."

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
This was all an illusion right? It had to be. There couldn’t be any other explanation for it. Not one that Zia could think up on right on the spot other than a clever illusion that they obvious must love playing on the tourists. Though the magic she could feel that was doing it was unlike anything she had ever felt before and she just could not for the life of her try and figure out just how this illusion was created. That dog had to have been an illusion too right? Or perhaps some sort of electronic dog made to look real?

Now she seen some strange creatures so far on her arrival that she wasn’t used too but seeing a bulldog about that big was something…alright maybe she could believe it to be real. If she could have harpy for neighbours there could be a great dane sized bulldog on the other side of that door just waiting for her to come right back out. She could only stare at Victor wonder why he was dressed like he was…sure she knew they were older than they looked but she didn’t know they dressed the part too.

Zia didn’t think there could really be anything else that could surprise her that was until she saw the backyard. Right it had to be a holo, how else would one explain that she saw a backyard that stretched on for acres of land. Not just that but she could see trees and what looked like an orchard and what the…was that a lake she saw in the distance…impossible right? It took her a moment to realize that Victor had said something and she whipped her head away from the view. “Oh…really…fascinating.” She mumbled a bit trying not to turn her face back to the view the window presented her while she tried desperately to wrap her mind around everything.

“Well that would explain why Arya said to expect seeing you use some spells with a wand. If someone wanted a wand in my world it would take a year or two depending on how good you were at making one. Sometimes it’s just best not too. The one I made took me three years to make and that was only because it been my first magical object and my father insisted I try that. The first few mistakes blew up in his face so really he has himself to blame for that.” Zia snapped her mouth shut when she finally caught herself rambling. Nothing new, for as long as she had lived she had the tendency to ramble more so when she was overwhelmed or excited. At the moment she was probably both. She couldn’t really decide on how she felt at the present time.

“Are you sure it’s wise to try that on my first time? I been avoiding large spells of my own nature here not sure how they would react. Trying a large spell for the first time on my world after my magic heightened had nearly destroyed the training room my father had built under the house. I’m not really sure how my magic could react to casting like you.” Zia turned her head when she heard humming and watched as Ivonna came strolling in with flowers tucked into her arm that she had picked from the garden. Seeing Zia she gave a smile, walked over to Victor gave him a kiss then continued out of the kitchen to find a place to put the flowers. It took her a moment to see that Ivonna was dressed much the same as Victor and she began wondering again. She pointed. "What exactly is going on here?"

Shaking her head to clear it she looked back at Victor. “But before we start…what’s the word on Moe? Can anything be done? He’s been through enough because of something that should have just involved me I don’t want to have to have dragged him here for nothing. I just want him to get back everything I knew he loved and wanted to do when we were supposed to leave high school.”

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Victor just smiled at her and reached out and patted her on the shoulder again he really gave off that fatherly vibe even thou she was actually a inch or two taller than him. "My dear I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think you could do it safely, and yes you'll be using a wand for this I don't think your ready to do this bare just yet. So let me explain the difference's the magical batteries of your mages is well very small." Victor just returned his wife's kiss and looked at Zia then at the large garden behind the house and he motioned her to follow him and he stepped out through the door sipping his tea he didn't stop until he was off the patio and standing on the dirt.

The minute Zia was out the door she froze the energy in the air tasted slightly different she wasn't sure how to describe it and as she looked around the illusion seemed to stretch off into fore ever there far to the east she could see what looked like a small town she could even see a plane in the distance flying along. "Let me explain what just happened is Fae Magic reality magic you can call it. Right now we are on Earth Southern Romania, Bulgaria is in that direction and the Ukraine is over there and Moldova in that direction and that body of water just faint in the distance is the Black sea." Viktor took a sip of his tea as Zia tried to process all this perhaps she had to think he was fooling her in some way just an illusion as masterful one.

Viktor just walked over to a fruit tree and reached up and plucked a peach from it he looked at it then tossed it to Zia who caught it and sniffed at it and did it ever smell good and then she took a bite and it tasted like it had been picked at the perfect time sweet juicy and full of flavor it had to be one of the best peaches she'd ever tasted. "My wife tends to like to garden and when we move she wants to keep her garden so she makes a door so she can keep working on it, the lands are our given to me by my family as a wedding gift she has been nurturing them for over a hundred years.:"

Viktor motioned behind her and there was the back of the house sitting there even thou it should be on Mars. "Now if you really want to destroy your mind not only is it here it's also in France at a vineyard we own there as well as at an estate in Brazil she just switches the view when she feels like it." Viktor just chuckled at the face she was making as he explained all this and he leaned a bit closer. "Would you like to see for yourself I am sure if you ask nicely she'll change the scene for you. But as I was saying your spells reflect that the internal batteries are so small in your mages it lets them cast but they have to draw on there environment much more heavily hence why there spells take so long to cast."

"It also explains why you simply had to make only such small changes to cast magic using there system even thou you have enough power to probably cast several spells using your own internal battery. You had to alter the way you cast magic so as not to draw to heavily on your own battery and overpower the spell like what was happening. If you tried to cast a spell using that system here you'd suffer a feedback as the spell would draw far to much power you might get a small blat if you were really unlucky enough to singe you or such."
At the question of Moe Viktor just raised a eyebrow and shook his head. "I am sorry for the moment I am unwilling ot say any thing about the young man doctor patient confidentiality that and his issue isn't that simple it iwll probably be a few weeks until I am ready to talk about what is going on with him."

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
Reality magic? If that was truly it then it would explain why the magic felt so different and unlike anything she had ever felt before. But that also wasn’t that easy to just wrap her mind around it all. Like everything else it was taking more then a couple of good minutes to just let everything sink in. Even the peach in her hand and what she tasted it felt real, tasted real. But seeing as she was on Mars and then stepped through a door and was on Earth was almost too hard to believe.

How could anyone such have such magic as that? It almost made her faint from just how overwhelmed she was by it all. He really had to be fooling her. Though that nagging feeling in the back of her mind was telling her everything he had just told her was true and heaving a sigh she hung her head. Muttering a little in Hindi for a moment while she allowed to herself to just come to terms thinking if she just accepted it all then she could just used it quicker. She now understood why the others had laughed and told her when she saw it she would understood why. Well now she did.

Taking her time in letting Victor explain to her what he had figured out she nodded her head. “So is there any way to make it so that it wouldn’t have so much feed back?” Zia asked turning back around to face him. Trying her best not to get too distracted with what was around them, that however was hard since she just wanted to look around at everything. This was magic unlike anything she had ever seen and that was bringing that old childish curiosity out of her and giddiness at the very thought of it all now that she was making herself accept it.

“I would be lying if I said it doesn’t frustrate me. It took me a while to get used to using larger spells again and have better control over them where I wasn’t when it first happened.” she bit her lip a little chewing on it just a bit while she thought it all over. In truth she felt like a novice again only this time she wasn’t the powerful one surrounded by those whose power seemed lesser but now was surrounded by those who were much more powerful than herself. “And I can’t lie and say I’m not worried about not being able to get control over it here…so is there anyway to say…fix how my internal battery works while in this system…and if I were to return home…would I be stronger than if I left…don’t really think I need that attention anymore than I already got.” She shrugged finishing off the peach in her hand when he mentioned that he was unwilling to talk about Moe at the moment she sighed and just nodded her head and did not push the issue. “Or would I return to just how I was when I left?’

Taking one last look around she headed for the house again which was strange for her to go from one planet to another so simply as walking through a door. “So when do we begin?” She looked up as Ivonna came back into the room and just could only stare at the woman and the way she walked. It was almost like the woman glided across the floor rather then walk. Now that she thought about it, the woman seemed so light footed she barely heard a sound though she could see the woman was obviously wearing heels.

Ivonna smiled at her. "So I take it you enjoyed the Garden?" This was really the first time the woman spoke around her and she could catch the accent to her voice. Ivonna's smile only seemed to grow brighter when Zia nodded. "Splendid! If you like when you are done you can take home some fruit. Waste not, want not. If you like I can go and get some wine from the vineyard...should be a good year" Ivonna simply walked past Zia and gave Victor another kiss and Zia expected some big grand gesture for the scene to change but Ivonna only waved her hand and like the blink of an eye the scene outside changed as Ivonna walked out the door. Which only caused Zia's jaw to drop.

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Viktor just chuckled at her at the question if there was any way to fix the issue it was good natured sounding like he found it a bit funny. "Of course my dear I am very sure that so long as you cast magic like is done here the spells will work fine you could even use it on your own world but it would draw much more heavily from your own internal battery there. As for wands well get you one think of them as like a surge protector to prevent feedback and such the wand will take the brunt of it rather than you." Again he just patted her shoulder and followed her back towards the house. "It's just a matter of practice my dear over coming the style that's so ingrained in you from your life time of using it."

Viktor just watched it all with a amused look and chuckled again shaking his head and lead her towards the basement. "Ivonna and the Fae are a bloodline like you were told about on the ship, the power level can vary greatly but they are limited by the rules of the bloodline, and I wouldn't suggest you going poking at them to much they can get playful." He said the last bit a bit more strongly as he'd had more than a few experiences. "Now I know you asked about what sort of mage I was and after reading the books on your world I'm not surprised there are none there well none that are taken seriously. I'm a Necromancer I deal in death and life Magic most often you've already seen some of my work." He gave her a small wink at that, the basement was again different from the upstairs it almost reminded her of a hospital from the smell of it and peeking in some of the windows they passed she actually saw things from like a old Frankenstein movie they even passed a full equipped operating theater.

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
Hearing what Victor was, made Zia loose her footing just a bit making her stumble and then catch herself before she fell. But she looked at him with a curious and questionable look. Necromancer wasn’t something she heard often, though it was something she had heard of on her own world. First time she ever come across one much less heard anyone truly practice that much in it. To her Necromancers were… “Stories…there are some stories in my family’s old archives much like there are for elves and such…my grandmother told me stories of the dark elves but Jager is truly the only one I ever came across.” She gave a snort at the thought. That’s how everything seemed from the moment she had first let Arya and Rafe into the compound to speak with them.

“In fact everything I see is like stories or what on my planet many would believe to be the fictional work of others or just old myths. The fact that our Gods are actually just real meta’s here makes it all that so much more disorienting about it all.” Accepting that Viktor was a Necromancer was much easier she thought. It wasn’t like it wasn’t something she hadn’t heard of someone being able to do. If there were others who practiced it in her world then they weren’t very open about it and from how the stories portrayed them then she could understand why that would be so.

Zia took her time to look into each room they passed curious about it all. She had to wonder if she was all built with the house or was it there by magic again? Seeing the scene in the backyard change as though it was like the changing of a channel was freaking and yet she could not help but feel giddy about how cool it also was. On the topic of her magic… “It’s going to take me some time to over come I’m used too. Just adding a few new gestures just to work my magic on my own planet is one thing but to cast it entirely different then what I am used too…” She had some doubts on it but Viktor seemed so confident in that she could do it. That Zia oddly felt that she could do it from just the confidence he emitted about it all.

“Though I haven’t really seen how you cast your magic here…so I really don’t know how different your spells could be when I comes to casting with a wand.” That she wasn’t so sure how they worked until she could see how different their magic was in person she really couldn’t judge a mages power on this world to a meta’s of which she had seen plenty of over the days she been there already. "While I know all the spells that pretty much everyone on my world knows, but since I'm from a magical family there is also magic that only we know and haven't shared with anyone. Family's covet too much of their magic for them own. I been taught a lot solely on that. Though when I was with Mithril I was taught by others on who took magic from their own families and brought it with them. Are any of our spells similiar? Even if they are cast differently?"

Dapper Explorer

10,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"To answer some of the questions you no doubt have let me say the house is real it's not built with magic that was added after words fae magic when it's disrupted fails totally so if some thing was made from fae magic and then disrupted it would vanish and well that would be rather annoying so the house was built as a whole and then enchanted." He gave her a grin at that, that meant the house was one giant sized magical object she'd never heard of any thing so large being enchanted normally a magical object had to be simple or just one piece enchanting some thing like a wind up pocket watch was more complex than say enchanting a lump of solid metal.

"Yes I figured Necromancy would be very rare in your world the difficulty would make it very impractical on your world and Jager is well... Jager. Most Dark Elves aren't as scary as him." Viktor pushed open a door into a room with stone walls there was some burn marks and other scars that showed the purpose of this room compared to the one her family had this one was large and more well lit and the electronics were some thing her family's didn't have. "Well let me give you some demonstration then so you understand the difference." Viktor walked over to a table where on a cloth several wands lay there was one that looked like a branch that had been neatly trimmed then stained to carved wands with a gem built into it.

"Examine then and pick on you like don't worry if you destroy one these are all trainers." Viktor reached into his sleeve and pulled out a wand that was very dark in color it started out carved then seemed to become like a branch he flicked it out and the air seemed to chime in response. He just held out his hand and then waved it through a series of quickly motions and chanted in all it took him maybe four seconds then a pillar of flame appeared in the center of the room, he was doing a sustained spell not easy for her people and he motioned with the wanted and started it moving around the room. Then again he flicked the wand and moved it through some motions gave a quick chant and the air cooled and a ice crystal formed in the air Viktor brought up his other hand waved with the wand and then spoke one word and the air seemed to vibrate and the ice gem became a ice sphere another word and it became a ring. With a flick of the wand he sent it hover over the pillar of flame moving with it.

Again the motions and another word that seemed to make the air vibrate and a small tornado formed Zia could only stare at it then the tornado turned and looked at her and she realized he'd just summoned a elemental of air for her people that was among the highest order of magic and he'd done it in probably less than four seconds and Viktor wasn't done he shouted another word and the air vibrated and the tornado spoke back to him and then condensed and took a human like form that of a small naked girl a sprite with clouds floating around her to give her decency. That she'd only heard stories about mages doing. And then Viktor turned around to look at her and grinned and resumed talking to her ignoring what was going on like it was nothing.

"Well yes, when the source weakened many mages families tried to go it alone mine was lucky in that they had a powerful fort and had always been under the radar as it were, but when Barachiel and Cosima approached approached Ivonna and myself about joining we went about recruiting other survivors and went through the magical tomes they had recovered over the years. We are talking about the collected magical work of dozens of families developed over thousands of years the mages of the garden aren't taught any one style my own children who can do magic spends several years with other magical families sharing techniques and spells. Now I won't lie some information is kept back old secrets and such but for the most part the magical families are pretty open." Viktor paused for a moment and frowned.

"Sadly when the fall as we call it happened many mage families were wiped out mages tend to be one of the rarest types of metas in our world, so we tend to be a bit more careful and harder on our selves to prevent old tragedies from happening again we came close to vanishing in many places." Viktor just raised one hand and snapped his fingers and the fire pillar vanished and the ice ring eploded into tiny crystals that seemed to dance in the air before melting only the sprite remained. "We will start with a simple light spell them move on from there, I don't expect you to start summoning today but let's see how far we can push it hmm!"

Galactic Assassin

24,875 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Winter Warrior 50
It took a lot of will power for Zia to keep her jaw from dropping. She was pretty sure if it did she would not be able to get it back up again. While she was positive the mages on this world were much more powerful than hers, seeing it first hand was much different then hearing about it. She stayed pretty much against the furthest wall not knowing what to expect. She expected something simple for a demonstration, though she guessed by how good he was and stronger then her and any of the people on her planet that what he was doing had to be simple for him.

Seeing how fast he could cast a spell astounded her and Zia had to reflect back for a moment on her own magic. On her world she could do a spell that would normally take minutes to accomplish in less time than that but perhaps not as fast as four seconds flat. Though that hadn’t meant she hadn’t tried. That however had complicated results especially in the beginning. So yes she could do a spell in half the time on her planet but not as fast as she saw Victor doing more so with one spell after another.

Zia faintly remembered when she been told if she wanted too she could be considered a threat with how fast her magic worked over others. If someone like Viktor was on her planet Zia did not have a doubt he could take out those who confronted him in shorter time then she would have been able too. But at the moment she was just imagining everything he could do playing out scenarios in her head while she watched. She only snickered at how much of her people would see the mages much less the meta’s on this world.

Pushing off the wall when Viktor turned back to her and started to explain she nodded her head with a small scoff. “My world is ending and many magical families are bound to be lost especially those who aren’t suitable genetically for the program. And rather than share they would rather horde their secrets. So much would be lost. India it’s so much more stubborn and probably any country from the Middle East and South Asia, even Asia itself is completely stubborn with old magical families and traditions. I can date back my own family for several hundred years. As far as I see it I might as well be the only one who will survive from my family unless someone is picked so it’ll be up to me to preserve it.” she shrugged. That’s if she even got on the arks to begin with. Becoming a member of this system seemed easier than just being the only one who would never age on an ark with no real idea if they would survive even with what little help they were getting from those here. She had three years to make that decision so didn’t dwell on it for the moment.

Instead she made her way towards the table that went the wands she looked over them she really wanted to laugh when he said it would be okay if she ended up destroying one. That was the first time she ever heard something like that. Of course this wasn’t her world. She looked them all over carefully feeling them with her hands and a bit of magic to get a good feel of them. Then deciding on one, she put the others hand and held the one she chose tight in her hand which shook a bit from how nervous she was. But she was keeping herself in tact but she could not help but want to snicker she felt like she was a young novice again which she pretty much guessed she was only this time it wasn’t her calm smiling grandmother who was teaching her. But strangely a man she got more of a fatherly feel from then her own father, at least in the last few years.

“Right…simple light spell.” Again nothing different than when she started out as a child. Though the idea of a summoning spell made her more nervous then anything else. Not even she had been able to do that on her world not that she ever tried. Simple spells seemed to be the easiest for her at the moment even without a wand but she guessed it was because it didn’t take that much energy to do a simple one next to a complicated one. It would be the harder ones they got too that she felt she would have the most difficulty with and worked to keep herself from getting too worked up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff