Welcome to Gaia! ::

As the title says.

Fae. Age 19. She appears as a black-cloaked and hooded rebel, riling people up against the power that governs them. She is a trained assassin. She was a slave of the royal family, and managed to escape without them noticing. She devoted her lives to those power-hungry dictators, and she needed revenge. She was finally going to take it.

User Image

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image
Roland de Vichiersxxxxxxxxxxxx

Age 19

Roland is the Prince of Zeltennia, the only child of the King and the heir to the throne. That mere fact makes him a target of those who are dissatisfied with the King and his iron-fisted rule. Growing up so sheltered made him naive and idealistic but quite stubborn as well. He is fiercely loyal to his father even though he sympathize at times with those who his father despises. Roland is known to have a temper when cornered and can be mischievous when he thinks he's not being watched. In public though, Roland is known to be serious, dedicated and somewhat bookish although that could not be further from the truth.
User Image
Fae

The town below the castle was buzzing with activity. A large group had gathered in the main square. Talk of a cloaked renegade swept through the kingdom. Sure enough, atop a stack of crates sat a figure, cloaked in black with a hood covering her face. She stared into the crowd as they stared at her in wonder. Slowly, she rose to stand, and the crowd silenced to hear her speak.

"...You people of this kingdom...spare a thought to what I have to say. I have seen the inside of your royalty, and it's enemies as well. They are driving you to ruin! And if they aren't now, they will be soon. Don't allow them to do this to you. When they come to take your sons from you to be forced to fight for their unjust causes, fight back. When they take your daughters to be slaves, defend them. Join me. I can set your morally corrupt government straight. Will you allow me to be your voice?" The girl spoke loudly.

She heard a roar of agreement from the people below her. She grinned under the hood. Her triumphant moment was silenced when she saw the royal guard headed their way. She frowned and jumped from her perch. She simply disappeared. Her next business lie at the castle. A message needed to be delivered.

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxRoland de Vichiers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPrince of Zeltennia

Roland did not understand the discontent that some of the rebels were expressing against his father. Renaud de Vichiers may be a hard man but he was always fair, at least in Roland's eyes. His father was his idol and he could only hope that he would one day be as good as the current King. So why did he cringe every time a harsh sentence was passed down? There was only one plausible explanation...he was too soft and inexperienced, and with more experience leading the small tasks that his father delegate to him, he could be better than he was now.

The young Prince was staring out the window of his tower room and gazed upon the forests below. He could see the capital city quite well from his high vantage point and he smiled. It was a great view, one that reminded him of his duties and the land that he was to rule over. He could see the smoke coming out of various chimneys and if the draft was just right, he could almost smell the bread baking in the town bakery. He could see merchants traveling with their wagons full of goods. It was something he could watch but not participate in.

Tearing his gaze from his window, he headed down the tower and went straight to the castle library. There was one thing constant in his life and that was his studies. In the mornings he study the history of Zeltennia and the neighboring Kingdoms, mathematics and of course the teachings of St Ajora and of the Church. In the afternoon, he had arms training...something Roland was not very good at but he knew that it was necessary for self defense.

When he reached the library, the young Prince frowned, not seeing his tutor anywhere. It was odd...did he forget what day it was? No...he was sure he had lessons today. Roland sighed and sat down, taking up his history book and started reading where he had left off the last time.
User Image
Fae

For now, Fae was taking refuge in the home of an old friend of hers who had been released from the clutches of the royal family because she had become sickly. She was healthy now, but dared not to go back to the castle. Fae stayed far out of her way, most of the time, though she did help to make food and cleaned after herself. But now, she had things to plan. For one, she had to pick a good time to go into the castle. Considering that she had to scale the outside walls, this feat wouldn't be easy. In addition to that, she needed to pick a time where she could find some member of the family wandering the grounds. She only needed one. Nighttime would be her best bet for cover. The rest drew a complete blank in her mind.

The girl sat at a desk with only a dimly lit candle in front of her. She was scribbling furiously on some parchment. Plans for now, and plans for later. Her charitable host entered the room quietly and walked to her table. "Faebelle...You shouldn't go this far." The woman said. Fae shrunk a little at her full name. She hated it. She looked at the woman. "This is just far enough. I'm giving them ample opportunity to step down. Hand the reigns to someone more deserving. Someone like-" "Someone like Roland?"

That name brought back too many memories. Memories of a past life. Fae shook her head, turning away and back to her writings. "...It's getting later. I must go." She rose from her chair and grabbed the cloak off of the back of it, wrapping it around her shoulders. She swiftly left the house and entered the back alleys. She knew them all like the palm of her hand. Fae made her way to the castle where she hid and waited until the total cover of darkness crossed overhead.

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

His tutor did show up...eventually. The man was apparently delayed because there was some sort of disturbance in the city. The citizens were unruly and Roland's tutor assisted the royal guards in quieting down the riot. Roland listened to the man describe the situation wide eyed and with fear in his eyes. The tutor, of course, did not approve of this behavior. He believed that Roland should be tougher, like his father and his grandfather before him. The young man was certainly a disappointment in the King's eyes but he was the only heir...

The studies in the morning went without further incident although Roland could not help but think of the incident in town. He probably would not have even heard about it if his tutor had not gotten delayed. It was a frequent occurrence in that Roland would sometimes hear about things, important events that happened in the Kingdom, things that he thought he should know about but instead, he was left out of the loop. He hated the look in his father's eyes when he looked upon Roland. He knew what it meant and Roland promised himself that he would do better and make King Renaud proud of him one day...hopefully sooner rather than later.

Roland spent the afternoon practicing his swordsmanship although he knew he was lacking in this as well. His physique simply did not allow him to use the large sword effectively and the knight refused to let him use a lighter one. And why? Because the King wanted to toughen up his son. Roland tried his best and thought that even though he felt exhausted afterward, he was improving day by day.

And because he was exhausted, he slept the rest of the afternoon and woke up as it got dark. He had overslept so he leaped off of his bed and ran across the castle grounds, heading toward the gate. He had this planned for weeks now and today was the perfect opportunity. He was going to sneak out of the castle and see things for himself. And he was going to do it without getting caught. Roland had his cloak about him, the hood pulled down as he hid behind a pillar...waiting for the guards to change.
User Image
Fae

Little did the Prince know that he had been seen. After she had climbed the wall and slipped in, the girl watched him hide behind a pillar. Perfect. Fae moved silently to where she was. She took out one of her daggers and made a quick move. She put one gloved hand over his mouth and the dagger at his neck. "Quiet now, Prince. Just move as I tell you to and no one gets hurt." With that, she pulled him out of the gate and towards one of the alleys. She released him, making sure to keep the blade in his sight so that he would know that she wasn't messing around.

"It's very convenient that I'd find you wandering around out here. I suppose it's easier to talk to you than it would be to overpower an adult. Relax, I'm not going to hurt you, I just need you to deliver a message to your father."

Fae was being quick about this. Being around Roland wasn't good. There was no doubt that he'd recognize her by her voice, and she didn't need to fight with him over her motives. Deliver the message and escape. That was her master plan.

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

Before he could even make a move, he felt a hand on his mouth and something cold and sharp against his neck. He did not struggle but tried to call out to the guards who were only about 10 feet away. His attacker knew what they were doing and Roland could only nod to the girl's request. He let her (as if he had a choice) outside the gates and into an alley. The entire time he was walking though he thought about how he was going to get out of this mess or call for help. The other thing that struck him was the girl's voice. It sounded awfully familiar and as he was released, he turned around but the girls' features were obscured.

He did not need to see her face to recognize her though. It was Fae, he knew it was her and he shook his head at the girl. "I wondered what had happened to you. What is the message?" He asked, as he glanced away from Fae. He did not understand what she was doing. Why would she do this? He decided that he would ask her but after he had his say.

"I won't promise anything. I'll decide whether I want to deliver the message or not. Why are you doing this?"
User Image
Fae

Fae almost laughed when she heard him talk about her like that. "You knew I'd be back." She replied. Then she shook her head and got serious. Just for added effect, she flipped her hood down to stare at him. "You just let your father know that I'm giving him a chance. He can choose to step down now, or I can go ahead and take drastic measures that I personally don't want to take. If I have to kill people just to get the point across...I'll be damned if I won't." She said. Her tone was deathly low. She meant every single word that she uttered. She was a changed girl, no longer the innocent Faebelle that he once knew and was friends with.

She couldn't resist. A tiny, almost invisible smile flitted across her face. "You haven't changed a bit, you know." Fae joked. At least there was some small part of her that was capable of compassion...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff