Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trista could hear Charles's voice, and it made her sick. It was such an awful feeling but she couldnt help it. She continued to fight, but only by concentrating her mind on other things as another soldier rushed at her. He managed to put a half inch slice in her upper arm but that didnt phase Trista at all. As she beheaded him and both head and body rolled away from her, she whirled as she finally heard Lucian's voice. Finally..
She jumped as he hugged her, wanting to melt into him- but once he saw her crown he dropped to one knee. She was about to speak when Lucian lunged past her, stabbing a man and keeping him from doing the same to Trista. As Lucian turned back to her, she grabbed his chin. Leave? With the people? No.
" Lucian.. " She said, slowly, and then shook her head. " If I am queen, and you are my husband, what does that make you...? " The girl asked him, then shrugged. " In my country- the queen never leaves her king. "
A moment later a man ran at her, and Trista pushed off from the ground, doing a flip over the man with a hand on his shoulder- and slammed him to the ground. He tried to get up but she spun around so fast he had no chance- and stabbed him between the eyes, her sword pinning him to the floor. She moved back to Charles, blood splattered across her face over the stitches that were already bleeding some, her dark blood mixing with the dead soldiers light.
There was a darkness in his eyes she hadn't seen before, but Trista just couldnt leave him. Shed left once to get this ridiculous crown, and it hadn't been worth it. She tried to find the words, but couldnt. She grabbed his chin, kissing him, and then pulled back and said simply. " Deal with it. "
Looking over as a shrill scream sounded below them, Trista's blood boiled. A child. They were beating on a child, who's mother, a maid, had already been killed. " Absoloutly not.. " Trista whispered, memories rushing through her head. She ran for the railing, leaping off of it and down into the main hall below. People froze. They saw the crown, saw the fire in Tristas eyes, and Lucian up behind her, and started to falter.
Charles stepped forwards, holding onto the child by the hair, grinning. " Trista, Trista.. The new queen.. Wont you just come with me? Ill spare the child, and hell, even Lucian.. The king and queen? Im sorry, they had to go. "
" You murdered my family. My Twin. "
Charles shrugged. " And your horse, but Trista- you'll be queen of so much more, with me.. "
Trista rolled her eyes. holding a hand out. " Give me the child, Charles. "
" I can't do that. " He said, raising his sword to slice the girls throat- but Trista slammed into him. As she did, the fighting erupted again. She kicked Charles in the chest, sending him flying over her, then grabbed the child, pushing her into one of Lucian's guards arms before barking at him to go with the rest of the towns people.
Charles, in that time, had gotten to his feet. On his hand he wore something like brass knuckles- with claws. He slashed at her back and Trista didnt have enough warning to get away. The wounds werent deep, her cloak and tunic saved her of that, but they would scar. That really pissed the girl off. She turned around, landing a solid roundhouse to Charles's face. " That was RUDE. " She snapped at him.
Charles laughed, shaking his head. " Always feisty.. " He grabbed her, both her wrists, slamming her back into a wall, pinning her there. He put his face to her neck, taking a deep breath in. " You smell to sweet to be a warrior.. "
" Im a queen, Charles.. And I suggest you get your hands off me before my king runs you through!! "
But he did just the opposite. He had two of his men hold her to the wall by each arm, and put his hands on her chest, smirking at her with such a darkness Trista balked.
" Get your hands off me! " She screamed, kicking him in the knee, but he simply moved back until she couldnt kick him. She turned on the other two holding her, and slammed her head into one. He fell back, and Trista slammed a foot into the second's stomach, before shooting away from Charles, grabbing her sword and raising it to keep him from closer...
But he kept coming.
" Come now, Trista.. "
" Stay. Away. " She hissed, pulling her black face mask over her mouth and nose again, before she dodged right, jumped onto the stairs railing, and leaped off, doing a flip over Charles's head, before taking off out into the courtyard.
" CATCH HER! " Charles roared, and one of Lucian's guards, dying on the floor, laughed.
" You'll never catch her.. " He mused, coughed, and his eyes went dull.
Charles growled, furiously. " I will.. I promise.. " Then looked to Lucian, pointing to him. " You should've come out, Lucian!! Now Ill have to kill your queen. " Then whirled and walked through the fray and out into the courtyard.

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

She asks what he was now that she was queen and he just a mere prince still. He didn't know how to answer her question. Rarely does a queen marry a prince, though she wasn't a queen when he had married her. Still. This made a difference between the two. She held more power than he due to his father still being king of the kingdom. He simply answered, "I am what you will me to be, my queen." Another man of Charles's army runs towards her from behind. Lucian was about to react and protect Trista when she pushes off from the ground. She does a flip over the man, landing behind him with a hand on his shoulder. The princes watches as she forces him to the ground, his head cracking against the floor. He tries to stand, but finds himself with a sword right between his eyes. Sentinal had been correct when he said that his sister was powerful, but it was a power that had been desperately needed for a long time. Blood had spattered across her beautiful face, mixing in with the blood from her stitched up cheek. Lucian moves towards her, wiping her face of the blood with his thumb. He wanted her to leave, to be safe and help the people escape. As if she had read his mind, Trista grabs his chin and kisses him, telling him to deal with it. He was stunned at first, but a gentle smile comes to his face. She wasn't about to leave, and he wasn't going to force her.

Below them was a scream of terror. Both looked over the side to see a young, defenseless child being beaten. His blood began to boil. The children of the city were innocent. They had no part in any of this, and should not be attacked. Charles was a man with no emotions, with no care in the world and who he stepped on to get his way. In this case it was a child. Trista makes the first move, leaping off of the railing and landing down in the hall where the men and child were. He follows behind her, taking the same leap and landing behind her. The men froze in place. They saw the woman and her crown, the look in her eyes and then her husband behind her. The rage they saw in Lucian's eyes made their blood run cold. He was wanting bloodshed and they wanted no part of it. They slowly began to back off, but Charles staid in his place, holding into the child's hair. His nose twitches once more, his rage building up once more. He was silent as Trista spoke to the man. He was wanting her to come back with him, and in doing so he would spare the child and Lucian himself. He believed none of it, and neither did Trista. She demanded the child, yet Charles didn't listen. He paid the price as the woman charges towards him, running into him and grabbing the child all in one go. She pushes the small girl into one of Lucian's guards and they take off with the rest of the people.

Charles was quick to rise back up onto his feet. Trista, who had been ordering the guards to flee, was struck from behind with the weapon he had. "Leave her be!" Lucian shouts and goes to run Charles over, but the other prince's men stepped in his way. Growling, he pulls out his sword and prepares himself for battle. One man tries to swing at him from the front, while two others tried to ambush him from the side. Lucian was able to dodge all three attacks easily by ducking down as they all swung. He then sweep kicks the man to his right, knocking him onto his a**. He rises up just in time to block another attempt to swing into him. Though he was struck from the side from the second man. With a grunt, he kicks the man in front of him and grabs the rim of the chest plate of the third man, forcing his sword into the mans chest from above and shoves him back. The man on the ground had risen, grabbing his sword only to be met with a bloody sword to his face. The blade cuts deep into the mans flesh, cutting out his eyeball as it flies and lands next to Charles. The soldier screams in pain, holding his face as his third comrade makes a break for the distraction. Lucian's back had been turned, so there was another clink in the back of his armor and he was sent sprawling to the ground. The third soldier jumps onto the man, pulling his dagger and was about to slit his throat. Lucian cracks his elbow against the mans temple so hard that it sends him to the floor, dead on impact.

The second soldier was still holding onto his face. He was in agony, but Lucian didn't care. He simply pulls his dagger from inside his boot, stands, and stabs the man in the other eye, shoving the blade deep into his skull so that it broke through the sphenoid bone behind his eye. The man's body crumples to the ground as he yanks the dagger from his skull. This was around the time where Lucian hears Trista screaming for someone to get their hands off of her. His head snaps in her direction just to see that his wife was pinned against the wall with two guards holding each arm, and Charles's hands were...on her chest! With a ear splitting scream, the prince charges at Trista's molester, grabbing his fallen sword from the ground as he ran. Both hands held onto the hilt of his sword as he swung out, decapitating one of the men who held onto Trista's arms. She was able to release herself her captors before he swung out. Blood sprayed all over his face and on the floors and walls. He looked to the second soldier, but he had already taken off running out the doors before anything could be done about it. With all soldiers either dead or running in pure fear, Lucian's attention was turned towards Charles and Trista. He kept coming towards her, demanding that she come with him. She commands him to stay away, pulling up her mask and flipping over the man before running out into the courtyard. Charles then looks to Lucian, shouting that he should have come out. "Oh but I already have, Charles. I'm right here, and you shall bring no harm to my wife." That was when the other prince walks through the doors as well and into the courtyard to follow Trista. "Charles!" He shouts, running after him and stands on the top landing of the stairs going down into the courtyard. "Charles you coward! Come and fight me like a true man! Or are you just scared?!"

ooc:

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

Trista heard Lucian's shouting and whirled around to see Charles coming after her. She hissed in anger and grabbed the closest guard, slaying him easily while keeping her eyes on Charles. " Come and get me then! " She barked, voice vicious.
Charles did just that. He raised his sword and Trista blocked it with her own. Soon they were thrown into a wild fight that left others around them dead as well. Trista was insanely acrobatic, and when Charles stabbed at her- she leaped onto his sword itsself and did a back flip off it- slicing him across the face. Charles reeled back, as Trista's broken arm started to ache. The cast was coming loose, she could feel it. She stumbled back a few steps and they regarded eachother, before Charles whirled back and ran towards Lucian.
" NO! " Trista shrieked, racing after him. She caught up, grabbing his shoulders and launching herself off, doing a flip over his head and twisting so she landed infront of Lucian, facing Charles. His sword had been aimed for Lucian's heart- and instead drove into Trista's shoulder, but only by a few inches. Charles didnt want her grievously injured. He simply wanted her as his queen.
Trista put her free hand over the wound, slashing at him with her sword. Charles moved back, and started to laugh. " You cant protect him forever, Trista. Just come with me.. "
" NO! " Trista screamed. " I am not letting any man except Lucian decide ANYTHING for me! No more! " And slashed at him again, and then let out a shrill, loud whistle. From atop the castle walls- appeared the Red Dogs.
Charles paled. " Thats not fair- thats not fair! " He roared, and Trista smiled, a darkness in her eyes that only the dogs had ever seen before. She was empowered by her group being around her.
The courtyard once more fell silent. Trista moved back putting one of Lucians arms around her as she leaned back into him, an eery smile on her face. " You see, Charles.. Im the queen of my kingdom now.. And I plan on Lucian being the king of that kingdom.. And if hes the king..? The red dogs are under his command, and will protect him as well... Infact, theyll protect him all the more viciously, because hes the king! " She giggled, and then it turned into a full on laugh, before she suddenly cut it off and murmured. " Kill them all. "
The red dogs leaped from the wall into the fray. There were screams of pain and fear, and Charles stumbled away from Lucian and Trista, who hadnt moved from Lucian. " You.. You b****! " He screamed, and then looked around. His men were being killed in such large numbers now they would all be dead within half an hour. " RETREAT!! "
The order was echoed through out the troops and Charles and his men turned and hightailed it. The red dogs formed a line fifteen feet infront of Trista, across the courtyard, like a wall, until the last enemy was out of the wall around the castle, and the gate closed and secured.
Trista moved from Lucian then, her hand lingering on his for a moment as she unwound his arm from around her. She simply hadnt wanted him to be within Charles's reach, and had realized- Charles wouldnt kill her. He couldnt.
The Red Dogs turned, bowing their heads and kneeling, their sword tips in the ground. Trista walked along the line a ways before looking to Lucian. " Theyre yours now.. I know, you hate them, but.. Theyre yours. " She told him, before something started to irk her. What was this feeling. She looked along the line of males, their black masks all the same, their cloaks fire red, everything else completely covered in black.
They were all so matching, until... A smaller warrior. She walked over, grabbed the persons chin and jerked them to their feet. They were barely as tall as Trista. She ripped the mask off- " Kalliope..? " She whispered. Her fourteen year old sister. The girl was wearing the uniform of a red dog, and Trista couldnt help but feel pang in her heart. She had joined at the same age. " Kalliope.. How did you survive? "
" Boarding school. " The girl replied, folding her arms. " Father sent me away after I killed a guard when we were sparing. "
" Thats my girl.. " Trista murmured, hugging Kalliope. " So you joined the Red Dogs, eh? "
" Yep. Just like you. "
Trista snorted. " Ive never seen someone with grace as you in the Red Dogs. "
All the Red Dogs chuckled a little bit- they were all older, and VERY protective of the only two females in their ranks. Kalliope snorted. " Yeah yeah.. "
Trista handed her mask back to her, looking to Lucian. " Lucian.. My sister, princess Kalliope. " She snapped, and a man nearby stood as well. He was nearly seven feet tall, and when he removed his mask, his face had an x of scarring over it. " And the lieutenant.. Fang. " As if in explanation, the man opened his mouth to reveal a row of sharpened teeth like shark fangs.
As Lucians warriors came back through the gate after flushing out Charles's people, the red dogs disappeared to the shadows except Kalliope.
The got weird looks right and left, but seemed completely oblivious to them. Trista laughed softly, looking to Lucian. She moved to him, looking up, and murmuring- " Are you alright.. ? "

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

He looks across the yard to see the destruction and bedlam Prince Charles has caused his people. Shops and homes were pillaged. Women were being beaten, children were being taken, men were being murdered. All of this chaos had ensued in a matter of minutes. Chaos that could have possibly been avoided if he had killed the man. Lucian growls, the side of his nose twitching once more. Charles would pay for this. He would pay for all of this. He hears his shouting at the man, telling him to come get her. He did so, only to be flipped over by her once more. Multiple of his men were killed as well as Lucian's. The man glares at the woman. "I grow tired of you, woman. If I cannot have you, then I will force you to come with me by killing your husband!" Charles turns and leaves, running directly towards him. Lucian smiles. This was what he wanted. "Your death has been long awaited, Charles!" He raises his bloodied sword and goes to strike the man. Each block the others attack as they fight down the stairs. Rage was in Lucian's eyes, and Chrales could see that. Rage was in his own. These men wanted the others blood upon their sword. Charles goes to strike the prince once more, his aim directly on his heart, only to be grabbed by Trista and used as her vault to land in front of Lucian. Instead of the prince being struck, she was instead. Lucian looks at her in horror. His attention then turned to Charles. "You b*****d! You dare strike the queen of not only my kingdom, but of her very own?! I shall have your head for this!!" He moves past Trista and strikes down on the man. His blade slices past his armor, cutting off part of it to reveal his unprotected shoulder.

With a scream Lucian slashes at Charles again while he was scrambling to flee. His blade cuts deep into his arm, cutting all the way down to the bone. Charles grunts with pain, gripping onto his now useless arm and continues to scramble away. Lucian raises his sword and licks the fresh blood from it, chuckling darkly as he did so. "The blood of a b*****d's son tastes rather...delicious." He licks his lips and gives chase. Charles collapses on the last step of the stairs, trying to stand back up, but his maker was already atop of him. Lucian kicks him down to the ground, his foot keeping the prince to the ground as he raises his sword. "Killing you will be more satisfying than killing other opponent I have ever faced." The dark haze was still in Lucian's eyes, his crazed smirk on his lips. "Prepare to-" He was cut off when he hears a sharp whistle come from behind him. Turning his head, he sees a group of figures standing atop the castle walls. They were dressed in a familiar clothing Lucian knew of. "The Red Dogs.." He says to himself. Beneath him Charcles protested, yelling out that it wasn't fair. As if life was fair. Lucian lets the man free from under his boot as he returns to his wife as the courtyard was silenced. His arm was placed around Trista as she leaned into him for support. Charles had stood from the ground as she spoke to him. There was a creepy smile on her face, but he didn't mind it at all. He wore a similar grin on his own.

A single command goes out and the group above him jumps into the fight. Charles's soldiers were dying left and right. Their screams of pain and fear entertained him. The man before the two started to back away, staring up at them with a face full of fear of his own. "You.. You b***h!" the man screamed at Trista. Lucian just shakes his head and replies. "Trista is not what you call her. She is your queen, now bow down to her." He chuckles. The man knew his life was numbered if he didn't leave. Then he made the smartest decision he's ever made in his life. He commands all of his remaining soldiers to retreat. Lucian watches them flee from the courtyard, screaming and running for their lives. The Red Dogs formed a barrier between he and Trista until the very last soldier was gone from the castle and the gate was then again secured. Then she moves away from him, her hand lingering on his before moving away. The group before him bowed before them and were kneeling before them. He watches his queen walk along them before looking at him. She tells him the group was his. Well, a part of his at least. She was still their leader, and he still despised them. All of the damage they had done, the damage she had lead them to cause. Lucian sighs. This would have to be spoken about at a later time, but now was not it. He watches as she began to investigate the lot of them, looking at each one of them. Something must have been off. Trista found that one thing out of place and forces them to stand. The person was a lot shorter than the woman. When she ripped the mask off, there stood a young girl. Trista must have known the girl.

His curiosity of the smaller female was given an answer as Trista introduces him to her sister. He walks down to where the two women stood, takes Kalliope's hand and kisses the top of it, giving her a slight bow. "It is nice to meet you, princess Kalliope." Another of the members stands as well. He was much taller than Lucian. He removes his mask and there was a scar of an X on his face. Trista then introduces him to Fang, the lieutenant of the group. He goes over to Fang, holds out his hand for him to shake. Fang returns the movement and the two shake hands. "It is nice to meet you as well, Lieutenant Fang." After the handshake, he salutes to the man before returning to Trista. As his guards were returning back to the entrance of the castle, the Red Dogs disappear into the shadows except for young Kalliope. The guards look around them unsure of what had happened, but go on to meet with their leaders to take a head count of each man. Trista turns to him and asks how he was. Thankfully his blood lust and dark haze had dissipated and he was back to his normal self. "I will be fine. It is you I am concerned about." Gently he removes her hand from her wound, inspecting it himself before placing her hand back on it. "Let me get you back up to the medical wing to get it treated and your arm casted again." He leans in close so that her sister couldn't hear him. "I will take care of Azael while you're being worked on. I am so sorry, Trista..." He takes a step away from her to look at her before leaning in and gently wrapping around her to give her a comforting embrace.

ooc:

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User ImageTrista nodded slowly, leaning into him for a moment before Lucian's guards started to flood back in and the red dogs shot up the walls and were gone. Trista sighed, and looked up to Lucian, standing back for a moment, looking him up and down. " Lucian... Do you want me to leave? " She asked him, slowly. Her sister had begun weaving around between guards, inspecting them. It was all new to her, this odd country. Where were their masks? Their robes? What was that metal stuff?
Trista looked over to her sister who was looking up at a soldier, who was looking right back.
" Your weird looking. " Her sister pointed out, and the man raised an eyebrow.
" And your tiny. "
" Your face is still weird. " Her sister snorted, and then moved away to inspect another soldier.
Trista sighed, rubbing her forehead, getting blood all over it. " Son of a.. KALLIOPE! " She barked, and the girl shot over, standing as a soldier should. " Leave them alone.. " Trista muttered, and Kalliope sighed but didnt reply. " Go in the castle.. "
Kalliope nodded and ran for the side of the castle, clawing her way up and onto a balcony where she slid inside.
Trista looked to Lucian, running a hand through her blood coated hair. " Think about it, Lucian.. I.. I know you hate me. " She put a hand on the side of his face gently, smiled, and then turned and moved into the castle. The guards parted around her and she shook her head, annoyed with it all before turning and moving to the hospital wing. They stitched the wound, recasted her arm and redid the stitches on her face, explaining that she would have a scar across her face.
Trista sighed and nodded as more soldiers were rushed in, and she removed herself from the blood and death. Moving down the hall to the rooms she had been put into, she settled on the patio, watching the soldiers. They were creating another area for the wounded in the courtyard- and it was almost completely full. This wasnt right.
She didnt so much as blink as Kalliope stepped out of the shadows. The girl was cleaned up, and looked every bit as stunning as her older sister- albiet a bit wilder. She had a headdress on that was custom to their country. Her pants were leather and laced all the way up the sides- to the hip. Her shirt was a cut off corset of the same leather that laced all the way up the middle. Trista was almost certain she had gotten the girls age wrong- no fourteen year old could look like that.
" Kalliope.. How old are you? "
" Sixteen. " She girl replied, straight faced, and Trista nodded.
" Figured.. "
" So.. Your queen now. Azael is dead? "
" Yes. "
" Are we.. "
" The last? No. Sentinal is in the dungeon- "
" HES WHAT? " Kalliope screamed, slamming Trista in to the wall, arm over her sisters throat.
" Hes in the dungeon... " Trista murmured, and Kalliope hissed.
" What. Did. You. Do. To. Him. "
" I did nothing.. Kalliope- he tried to kill me. "
" He what? " Kalliope asked, faltering, her hold on her sisters throat releasing a bit.
" Kalli.. He planned for our entire family to be killed..Even.. Even you.. "
" No! " Kalliope wailed, pulling away from her sister. Trista tried to move towards her, to embrace and comfort her- but Kalliope shoved her away. Sentinal, her favorite brother. He had protected her, doted on her, trained her even.. He had tried to have her killed? " Ill murder him myself.."
" Kalliope- "
" Yes, my queen? " The girl hissed, furious, and Trista nodded.
" Hang him. "
" As you wish. " She spat, then whirled and moved onto the patio- before leaping off and landing on the ground on one knee, head down. She pulled her hood up and her mask on, grabbing her horse from where she had left it just inside the woods, swinging on and ripping it around in a circle, galloping out into the woods. She pulled her bow from her back, and for the next hour- she hunted down the strays of Charles's army that had scattered. A few of the other red dogs had joined her, and when they returned- Lucian's soldiers strung the enemy soldiers up by the ankles along the outside of the wall.
Kalliope sat by herself then, up on the top of the very high wall. Along the wall below her were nearly thirty men she had killed- all with arrows all over them. Mostly between the eyes. A perfect, straight shot. She watched as the townspeople started to rebuild their home- and sent one of the red dogs to find a good rope. She would hang Sentinal that night, as her queen commanded.

Trista waited, pacing in her room for her sister to return. When she finally did, and she saw Lucian's soldiers stringing up Charles's warriors- she nodded. That seemed about right. She spotted her sister sitting by herself ontop of the wall, and let out a sigh of relief. She was alright. That was good.
Trista turned and moved back into her room, shaking her head. That girl..That girl would never be controllable. A wild thing. She always had been. Trista sat on her bed, then, putting her face in her hands. Did she leave? Would Lucian send her back? He hated her. He hated the red dogs.. She had no idea what to do with herself.

Kalliope took a deep breath, looking up at the sky for a moment- before someone grabbed her shoulder, hauling her backwards off the wall. " Release me! " The girl shrieked, but the man, one of Lucian's guards, didnt answer. He tossed her to the ground and then jumped down himself the rest of the way down the wall. Kalli landed with a thump and a groan, eyes rolling back in her head briefly. " Good god.. " She gasped out, and the man snickered.
" Just wait.. "

(( OOC: I think Im gonna keep Kalliope as a character lol. Are you ok with that? Im really enjoying having a lonely little heart broken wild child. xD ))

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

Lucian held onto Trista as she leaned into him slightly. He did look a bit hurt when she asked if he wanted her to leave. "No..no I don't want you to leave Trista. It's just... It's hard to accept what you are." He sighs, running a hand through his hair as he looked away from her for a moment. "You are the leader of the Red Dogs, the group that my father has been after for years. You have to understand. It's going to take some time to get used to." He looks back at her, a weak smile on his face as he puts a hand behind her head. "I don't want you going anywhere Trista. Not unless you have to." He leans in and kisses her forehead. His attention goes from his wife to her sister, who was staring at one of the soldiers. His eyebrow raised, wondering what she was doing. He jumped when Trista calls for her sister; gives her a direct order to go inside. Lucian watches the young princess leave before his head turns back to Trista. Before he could protest, she was already up the stairs and heading inside. The man sighed, sheathing his sword as he looks out across the courtyard. Things shouldn't have happened this way. All of this madness was for naught. He looks to his soldier second in command. "I want you and the other soldiers to start cleaning up the mess. First put out the fires. Then take the bodies out past the castle walls so that when the families come back they don't see them. Once the bodies are aligned, take groups of fifty out with you to identify the bodies of the fallen to claim them. Charles's men are to be buried in a single grave. Understand?" The soldier salutes off to him and goes to his work. With that, Lucian turns and goes inside the castle as well.

Already the maids and other staff members were hard at work removing the blood stains from the floors and rugs all across the castle. Though it would prove for nothing. Blood was hard to get out of everything. As the prince made his way through the castle, he stopped the staff from cleaning. "Just throw it out. It can be replaced." He said to them all. He was heading towards his bed chambers. The wounds he had sustained were starting to affect him now that his adrenaline was gone. He goes over to the infirmary to get patched up. Already Trista's twin had been taken out of the area and cleaned up. He lay on the bed as if he was sleeping, a bandage around his neck to hide the gaping wound that had been left there. One of the doctors asks what he should do with the prince's body. "There will be a proper burial, as well the others we've lost today, but I am not sure what his customs are for the dead. The decisions will be made by Trista so you must ask her, not me." Lucian's arm was bandaged as was his side from his ribs taking a beating. He thanks the doctor and leaves, going towards his room now where Trista would be hopefully. He reaches his room and opens the door. He sighs. Trista wasn't there. She was probably in the room she had been given when she first arrived here before the ceremony. She probably wanted her space anyways, so he quietly shut his door and removed his armor, placing it back onto the rack where it had stood before. Then he changes out of his bloodied clothing into fresh new ones. With this time alone, the princes takes his sword and begins to clean it with a wet rag and a bowl beside of him. All of the men he had killed today. All of their blood was on his blade. A mixture of it that he wanted to rid himself of, so he begins to clean his weapon thoroughly. Making sure that he didn't miss a single spot.

Lucian's second soldier in command, named Rowan, was giving out orders to the other soldiers. There had been a lot of townspeople slain that day. A lot of soldiers too. Good soldiers. He couldn't help but feel awful for their families. These men had died at young ages. Some of them had gotten married not even two months ago. One of his best friends, one of the men who perished in the fight, his wife had their second child two weeks ago. She wouldn't be able to care for them on her own. He runs a hand through his ginger colored hair. He knew it was going to be hard on him having to go tell her about this. As he sent another group of soldiers to carry out a few more bodies, he hears a commotion coming from behind him. He turns his head to see a young girl falling from the wall and a man jumping down himself. "Hey! You there! Leave that girl be!" Rowan runs over towards the man, drawing his sword to stop him.

ooc: Yeah that's fine. ^^

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Kalliope looked up as she heard a voice, hearing a sword unsheath and watching as her attacked stumbled back and stood at attention. Her accent kicked in hard as she got to her feet, shoving the man who had attacked her in the chest, eyes alight. " F*** you! " She snapped, shoving him again, into the wall, before dusting herself off. Picking her mask up, she froze as there was a hand on her shoulder.
" Not so fast. "
" Oh you so did not.. " She whispered, whirling around, smirking.
" Bring it, little firenation b****. "
Kalliope let out a quiet laugh, she leaped at him. ( Like this.) ripping him around and using her body weight, they both ended up on the ground, but Kalliope had knocked the air out of him. She sat on his chest, punching him in the face three times before the red dogs ran to her, ripping her off the man hissing and spitting. She spat on him, in fact, and he simply rolled onto his side, groaning. " AT LEAST I ALLOW MY MASK TO BE SEEN " She shrieked, and the man stiffened, looking to Rowan. Had he heard that? He could be thrown in the dungeon. Interrogated. Would they find out he was the mole?
Kalliope had calmed down- or so they thought. Slowly, they released her, and she stood, watching the man, before looking to Rowan. " Thanks, man. " She said, slowly, something about him intriguing her. When the other red dogs disappeared, though, she turned and went to move away before pausing, turning back, and nodding to the guards who had attacked her. " Hes the one who told them how to get into the city, and the castle. "

Trista took a few deep breaths, steadying herself before she got to her feet. She moved down the halls, a black cloak around her shoulders. She had seen the rope. It was all ready. Now all she had to do was find Lucian. She fairly burst into his rooms, eyes dark as she nodded outside. " I wish to hang Sentinal. " She stated, simply. " And I want my sister to do it. "
She glanced back as guards moved in after her, bristling a bit. Had they gotten rid of all the rebels? Or had some hidden? She couldnt be sure. It unnerved her. She hesitated, then took a deep breath. There was nothing else to day. She looked up as she heard her sister scream at someone, and bristled. She moved through Lucians room onto the patio, eyes darkening as she saw her fall, saw another guard come to her rescue- and Kalliope beat her attacker senseless.
She shook her head, turning back to Lucian. " Its not save here for her, I guess. " Trista sighed lightly, leaning on the doorway out into the patio, looking to Lucian. " My people will never fit in here. "

Kalliope turned back around as the guard, her attacker, named Benson- once more came flying to her. He slammed her to the ground and they wrestled, the man screaming at her for turning him in. " HOW DARE YOU! " He hit her over and over and over, and Kalliope only laughed. Benson moved back, unnerved by this laughing. What was wrong with her..? He got up, moving back and unknowingly towards Rowan. " Whats wrong with you?! "
Kalliope got to her feet slowly, still laughing. She stumbled and nearly fell, Benson starting to shake a bit. " Nothing. " Kalliope muttered, spitting blood on the ground. " Your just pathetic. I dont fight people who arent worth my time. "
Benson growled, reaching for her again- then noticed she had a little pouch in her hand, full of a glittering substance he knew was custom for her kingdoms royalty. IIt would burn the flesh right off someone.

When Trista looked back, and saw her sister being beaten again, she started to burn inside. She turned back to Lucian. " I have to keep her safe. I am not only her queen but her sister, and the only family she has left. " She shook her head, starting to pace, watching Lucian. " Tell me what to do, my l- my prince. " She stopped herself, hopefully in time he didnt notice what she had really been about to say. He had thrown her in the dungeon not hours before- and then it hit her. The stitches across her face. No. She looked in a mirror, starting to feel sick. Running her fingers across them she felt a few tears run down her cheeks before looking away. " Forgive me, I.. I forgot what, uh.. What I look like now.. "
She turned from the mirror completely, looking to Lucian again- but not looking at his face this time, nor into his eyes. He couldnt bring herself to do it. " Tell me what to do.. "

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

Rowan watches as this young girl takes down a fully grown man in a full suit of armor. She was skillfully trained that was for sure. She had picked up a mask from the ground just as the same man grabs for her once again. This man was one of the newer guards that Prince Lucian had brought onto the squadron. He was still getting used to the ropes of how things worked, but he was slowly proving himself useful. It still have him no right to attack a woman for no reason. "Stop this!" "No! She is a part of The Red Dogs! She is evil!" The guard looks to the girl. He became concerned. If she was part of that group, then he would be forced to take her in. Little did he know that the girl was the queen's sister. Rowan tried to intervene, but was shoved out of the way and all three ended up on their backs. He was slow to recover when he notices multiple others wearing the same garb the girl wore comes down and pulls her off of him. She screamed at him, something about allowing her mask to be seen. Immediately his attention goes back to the new guard. What did she mean? He could tell he was nervous. His body was stiff. The guard's eyes narrowed as he returned his sword to its sheath. "You are welcome. I do hope you are alright." With the next sentence she says the guards fate was sealed.

Lucian was still washing the blood of his enemies off of his sword. Most of it had dried and was hard to take off. Especially so underneath the handle of the blade. He laid the blade on his lap, concentrating under the handle with the rag and continues to try and clean it. Though he was looking at the blade, his mind was elsewhere. He thought about Trista and the fact that she was now queen, the Red Dogs and the fact that they were now in his kingdom. It was all so much to take in at one day. This included the death of her twin. He felt guilty for that. He didn't protect him. He couldn't have. The guilt weighed heavy on his heart and on his spirit. With a sigh he dries off his blade. The blood wouldn't be coming out anytime soon and he wasn't too worried about it. He returns it to its sheath just as Trista bursts into his chambers. He jumps, clearly startled. She wanted to hang Sentinal and the fact that she wanted Kalliope to do so. "Trista, why would you want your sister to hang her own brother?" Lucian was confused. Then she hears the scream of a girl from outside his chambers. He stands from the bed and follows her to the patio to see Kalliope and a guard fighting amongst each other. Rowan, his second in command, was coming with sword drawn to save her. He looks at her with a sad expression, a gentle hand placed on her shoulder. "If you do not wish to stay here, you don't have to be. I will not force you to stay."

Rowan's blood began to boil. Benson had been the one to allow Charles and his men inside the castle walls. He was the one who had cost him all of his fallen comrades! "Benson how could you do this?! You allowed all of this death to happen! You killed good people! Innocent people!" He roared, bringing out his sword once again and charges at him. Benson easily blocks his attack and shoves him back. That was when he only turns towards Kalliope and slams her down to the ground, screaming at her for turning him in. He was about to jump into the fray until he hears the girl laughing. She was laughing as he was punching her in the face. There was something wrong with her, but right now she didn't matter. Benson was the top man on his list. He stands and waits silently for Benson to come to him since he was backing away from the girl. She held a pouch of something in her hand. Rowan didn't know what its contents were, but he wouldn't want to find out. Instead, as Benson gets close enough to him, he grabs the back of his armor and flings him to the ground, forcing the blade to his neck to hold him down. "C-Charles forced me to do this! He blackmailed me!" "Damn it Benson, you should have come to me! This could have been taken care of!" He wanted to kill this b*****d. Slay him to avenge those who had fallen because of him. Rowan swallows hard, contemplating on what he should do. In the end, he whistles loudly to call over other guards. Killing this traitor would be pointless. He'd leave the interrogation up to Lucian. "Rowan please!" He begged as the other guards were forcing shackles onto him. "Take him to the dungeons. Prince Lucian will deal with him then." "No! Please! Anything but that awful monster! Nooo!!!" His cries of defiance went on deaf ears as he was dragged away. Rowan looks to the girl with a sign, going over to her to examine her wounds. "You took quite a beating there. I'm surprised that your up and moving around still after all of that. Let me take you to the medical wing to get that checked, okay?" He gave the girl a gentle smile.

Lucian could hear the fighting. He glared down at them, feeling his darker side starting to creep up on him once more. He clenches his teeth and shakes his head. He needed to force that man away for now. He didn't need him anymore. Not at this moment. Trista was the important one at the moment. Rowan could handle the situation on his own. He watches as Trista began to pace. She wanted him to tell her what to do. He caught on what she was about to say, but doesn't speak up. No doubt she hated him for what he had done to her and he wouldn't blame her for her feelings. He wouldn't try to force anything onto her now. "Do what you feel is right, Trista. If you wish to keep your sister safe, then you should return home with her. Your home needs their queen while mine already has one." He shakes his head, hearing her apologizing for what she looked like. It was his fault for her getting hurt. "Do not apologize to me for what I have caused. It is I who should be apologizing to you, and I do, truly, apologize for all of the pain I have caused you." When she turns back to him, she doesn't look at him. She didn't even look in his direction. This only made the guilt on his heart even heavier. "As I said, do what you feel is right, my dear." The prince walks to his wife and takes her hands in his. He looks to the ring that he had placed on her finger hours before and removes it. She didn't want to be here and he wasn't going to force her to be. "I won't force you to stay here because of our marriage, so I free you of your vows to me. To this kingdom, so that you may return home with your sister to keep her safe."

ooc: Yay! I finally got something up! 4laugh

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Kalliope watched as the man dealt with it, the traitor being hauled off easily, and then Rowan moving towards her. She jerked back as he got close, watching him carefully. Did she trust him.. ? " Im fine. " She told him, although she could feel she wasnt. She shook herself off, dusting the dirt off herself. " I promise you, sir, for a princess, I have taken as many beatings as any soldier. " She explained, looking up as she felt eyes on her. Again. " On second thought.. Lets go inside. " She commented, whirling around. She put her mask on a clip in her belt, feeling like disappearing into the woods- but knew she couldnt. She shook herself off again, and suddenly things started to spin. She tried to shake it off again, but fell to the ground on her hands and knees, on the side of her right hip, eyes locked on the ground. Things were whirling about, and she couldnt get them to focus. " Damn it all.. " She hissed to herself, under her breath.

A medic ran to her, but she swatted him back. He stood about three feet away, looking to Rowan, concerned. " Im fine. " Kalliope snapped, but a moment later she rolled onto her back, arms over her stomach. No, she wasnt fine. After a moment of coughing, blood splattered up onto her face, running down either side of her face and down her chin. Her eyes rolled back into her head as her back arched, fingers curling from the pain. The medic screamed for another, and together they carried her to the royalty's medic tent, where she was put on an empty bed ( the entire tent was empty ) and while one held her down, the other forced a liquid down her throat to put her to sleep. As her body relaxed, the medics seemed to let out a collective sigh of relief.
" Damn shes strong.. "
" For how small she is? Yeah. She is. " The other replied, rubbing his forehead then looking her over.

She had not only new bruises everywhere- but old ones as well. The girl was fairly covered. Between her father the king, and her trainers, she had been beaten daily by more than one person. She had a few broken ribs from before this fight, and even a slash across her stomach that she had obviously stitched herself. The medics were thrown into a stunned silence.
" All this.. On a princess? "
" The younger princess.. She's not worth anywhere near as much. "
" I guess.. But shes still royalty.. " The first mumbled, stunned and a bit disheartened to see this. They put ice along her, to help the bruising. The cut was restitched, and the ribs popped back into place the best they could be. Then, the medics looked to Rowan.
" You'll need to have someone guard her.. She's royalty- I wouldnt put it past Charles to take her. She should wake in an hour or so.. " And with that they both disappeared to go help the other soldiers, leaving Kalliope stretched out, but looking very small and broken. She had been stripped down to a pair of tight black short shorts, and a black sports bra like top, leaving all the bruises open to the air and ice.

Trista was stunned. She looked him in the eyes, as tears started to run down her cheeks. Her hand felt empty. Painfully empty. A second later, she hit Lucian in the face. A slap. A loud one, but not all that strong- Trista's hands were shaking terribly. " How dare you. " She whispered, baking up a step, shaking her head. " I will be your queen, Lucian, until you find another you want more than I. " And with that, she looked to the balcony, eyes glassing over a bit. " I care for you.. I.. I love you. " She told him, flicking her eyes up to meet his, then shaking her head. " but if you would rather I leave, I will. "

She took a deep breath, running a hand through her hair. " Kalliope needs to do it because she was deceived by him. He ordered her death, and they.. They were best friends. She needs the closure. I know my sister. Without it, she will never let this go. " After another moments pause, she simply turned and left the room. She slid down the halls and down stair cases, out into the courtyard, but didnt see her sister. What was this? She looked around, and was directed towards a medical tent. No. She gathered her skirts up in her arms, running for the tent. She pushed the flaps open, seeing her sister stretched out, seeing all her bruises and the discoloration of her flawless skin from the blood that had come out of her nose and mouth, the dark purple bruising under her eye- and Trista balked.

She stumbled backwards, turning and leaving the tent again. Her family. Had she been so blind? They had destroyed her sister, the red dogs training had destroyed her sister- what was she going to do? She needed to get her sister out of here, but she couldnt leave Lucian.. She would never get him back. She moved away from the noise and the bustle, moving instead towards the back of the castle. Finally, she was alone with her thoughts for a moment. She sat down on the edge of a fountain, putting her face in her hands, trying hard to breathe.

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

As soon as he got close to the young girl she jerked away from him. She was unsure of him, whether she should trust him. He backed off, raising his hands to show that he was no threat to her. "You don't look fine. You took a lot of bad hits. You really should get checked out..." Rowan was concerned for this girls life. He didn't know who she was other than the detail of her being a part of the Red Dogs. His duty to his crown would force him to bring her in, and yet he couldn't bring himself to do it. Not at the moment at least. She needed to have medical attention first. Then he catches his breath. This girl was a...princess? Immediately he goes to a knee, bowing to her with a closed fist on his chest. "I apologize. I did not know you were a princess." So she was a princess and was part of the Red Dogs. Could she possibly be related to Queen Trista? He would have no way of knowing until he saw her majesty. That would have to wait for now because the girl had changed her mind in seeing a medic. The guard nods and rises to his feet, coming to her side in case she needed his aide. Suddenly she collapses to the ground and he was quick to her side. "Princess?" He asks. There was something wrong. "Medic!" He shouts and he came running.

The princess kept swatting the medic away from her, claiming to be alright. She wasn't. Rowan could obviously see that there was something wrong with her, he just didn't know what it was. The medic was looking to him. He too was concerned. "Princess please. Let the medic take a look at you because you obviously aren't fine." He gently places his hand on her shoulder and his other hand on her arm to help her stand, but then she rolls onto her back, arms across her stomach. She coughs and blood spurts up from her mouth, drops of blood coming onto her face. The guard could only stand there watching this all happening. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head. The medic practically screamed for another to help him. Rowan helps pick her up from the ground and carries to the royal tent; placing her onto one of the many empty beds. The girl struggles, shoving them all away. He helps hold her down as they forced her to drink a liquid that would help her relax and sleep. They all sighed in relief. The medics were right. She was definitely strong for how small and young she was. At least she'd be getting the treatment she needed.

They began to examine the princes. Her body was completely covered with new and old bruises. This discoloration on her sides shows that she had broken ribs even long before Benson was able to put his hands on her. His jaw tightens. Benson would pay for hitting this girl, but now that the small little detail of her being a princess, he would be put to death by his hand. Of course, he'd allow to have Lucian to have a little "talk" with him first. That will make that traitorous b*****d think twice about what he's done and want to welcome death. Rowan head snaps to the medics after hearing their small talk about how much she was wasn't worth much. Could these two be a part of Benson's plot against the kingdom? "How dare you speak of a princess in such a way! She is just as important as her majesty Queen Trista! If I hear either of you speaking about her like that again you will regret it because traitors get to have a personal chat with Lucian." Rowan growls, keeping an eye on them. He stays by the princess's side as the medics work on her. After some time the medics were finished. They had done all that they could for her. Now it was time for her to rest. "I already have someone guarding her. Myself." The guard tells them. He was going to make sure nothing else would harm this girl. He takes a seat on one of the empty cots as the medics leave. He doesn't look at her in respect since she had been stripped down to practically nothing but her undergarments.

She was upset. A lot of painful things had happened to her today. The loss of her twin, the betrayal of her older brother, her attempted kidnapping by Charles, the death of her beloved horse, the attack on the kingdom, and now her sister. All of this could break any one person down from the stresses of trying to deal with it. Now that he had removed the ring from her hand, she looked pained. He only wanted her to be happy whether it be here with him or back at home with her sister. That way they would be safe from another attack by Charles. He wouldn't expect them to return home. Then he feels her hand smack across his face. It wasn't a hard one, but it was loud enough to where a few guards look up from the ground below. Lucian had expected this. Instead of lashing out, he takes a step towards her after she had taken a step back and takes her hands in his own. "I do want you, Trista and no one else, but I also want you to be happy. I want you to be able to feel that you're safe, that your sister is safe, and that isn't here. Charles will keep coming after you and he will not stop until he is dead." He caresses the uninjured side of her face, brushing a piece of hair out of her face. She tells him she loves him, and his heart began to ache. "And I love you. I don't want you to leave, Trista. Truly I don't, but I told you if you wanted to leave of your own free will then you are free to do so. So that you can take Kalliope some place safe. I care for the both of you. I want you to be safe." He raises her chin so that he could place a kiss upon her forehead before letting to of her hands.

Ah. So that was why she was so demanding that her sister kill her brother. The two had been close. With his betrayal and his order to kill his entire family, including her, this way she could have a sense of closure. A way of ending ties because of this. Lucian understood and only nodded his head. Trista then turned and left the room before he could say anything else. He goes to follow her, but stops. She was probably wanting to be alone, and he would give her that peace alone. He runs a hand through his hair, returning to his room and shuts the doors behind him. Today had been a complete disaster, and it probably wasn't going to be getting any better. "I am sorry, Trista..." The prince mutters under his breath as he goes to his bed and sits on the edge of it. Maybe they would need some time apart.

Rowan was still inside the tent watching over the young princess. She was still sleeping from the medicine the medics had given her. They would come in every so often and check on her, move the bags of ice around before moving to help with the other guards. His eyes never left the entrance of the tent. No one would be getting close to the girl without him stopping them. The flaps start to move and he was already on his feet. He again drops to a knee with his closed fist as he saw that it was Queen Trista coming into the tent. He stays silent as she looks over the girl on the bed. The sight of the young princess wasn't a good one. She was badly beaten. It would take her a long time to heal as long as she stopped trying to fight people. Rowan's head raises to see the queen stumble back and run out of the tent. Quickly he stands and runs out to follow her. He runs into one of the other guards, one of the ones he trusted personally. "Go into that tent and you keep watch of the princess understand? Let no one other than the medics in to see her. I will be back." the man salutes and goes to follow his order. Rowan follows the queen to the back of the castle. She goes to the middle of the small garden that was there and sits on the fountain that was in the center. Her hands covered her face. She looked like she needed comforting, but where was Lucian? Why wasn't he with her? He was probably trying to take care some business inside the castle to restore some kind of order, so he probably had no idea that his wife was upset. He advances towards her slowly, not wanting to startle her. "My queen, it isn't safe to run off on your own. We haven't finished with our search of the grounds of any possible hidden soldiers of Charles's. I wish to accompany you until they are complete if that is okay."

ooc:

Fluffy Pup

4,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Kalliope woke slowly, a few minutes later. There was a guard sitting near her bed. She wasnt wearing much in the way of clothes. She was surrounded by ice. What the hell was going on here? Looking down, she groaned. Right. The bruises. They found the bruises.. Her sister would never let that go. She moved the ice out of the way, getting to her feet slowly-
" No! No. Sit down! " She heard, from the door, seeing a medic who legitimately seemed terrified of her.
" Excuse me?" She asked, confused, wondering why he was shaking.
" Sit down! You'll hurt yourself more! " He told her, sliding into the room, but only just barely. Kalliope watched him do this, sitting down slowly.
" Okay, buddy.. " She mumbled, keeping an eye on him as he moved towards the desk- then hissing in anger as he picked a knife up from the wooden surface, turning to face both her and the guard.
" Now, princess." He purred, all the fear in his voice gone. " Charles knew you would show up if we went for your sister.. He never wanted her. She's much to.. Fully grown. " He snickered, eyes flashing. " Come with me.. Or we'll burn this place to the ground. "
" You couldnt. "
The man snapped, and a moment later, someone lit up all 4 corners of the tent. Kalliope hissed, nodding to the guard. " He goes free. " The 'medic' shrugged, shoving the guard out, before throwing a silken cloak with Charles's symbol over Kalliope, picking her up off the bed. She groaned from the pain on her ribs, but didnt speak as they moved from the tent. Guards at once fell in on either side of them, and Kalliope shook her head. Traitors.
As they marched towards the front gates, those that attacked them were cut down without a second glance, and so Kalliope screamed out for them to stop trying to attack them. They did what they were told, and soon enough they were standing at the gates. They were hauled open by the group of guards surrounding Kalliope and this man, and as soon as they were- a man stepped forwards. Who the hell was he- but by the glint in his eyes, and the look on his face, it hit her.
This was Charles.
The other man had been a fake. A decoy. This, was the real monster.
As she was set down, he knelt to her level - he was nearly six foot five - and held a hand out to her. " Kalliope.. Will you come with me? Will you be mine? "
" Will you spare this country, all who live here, including the royalty? "
" Yes, beautiful girl, I will spare them all, on my life I swear. "
" Then yes. I will come with you. "
Charles took her hand, pulling the girl to stand at his side. The cloak was soon accompanied by a crown the medic placed upon her head, and without much warning Kalliope was made a queen. Charles looked to the castle, waving a hand gently as his soldiers hooted and hollered.
Moments after Kalliope was made queen, the man took a vial from his pocket- and splashed her in the face with the liquid therein. Kalliope jerked back as her eyes seared, but Charles simply turned her face to his chest as she writhed in pain, before going limp.

Trista looked up as the man moved towards her slowly, smiling lightly. She had seen him before, with Lucian. " Its quite alright, I am not a rabid dog. " She told him, then shook her head lightly. " I have protection. " Was her simply reply, waving a hand. Once again, along the walls, and just about everywhere within one hundred yards, from the shadows stepped her personal guard. Her red dogs.
" They go where I go. " She explained, then watched as they all tensed, she herself only barely hearing it.
" QUEEN TRISTAAA! OH, LUCIEEEEEN! "
Tristas heart skipped a beat, and she slammed herself off her seat, grabbing her skirts and running around the garden towards the front gates. She skidded to a stop when she saw Charles up on a horse. Her sisters horse. With her sister in front of him on the beast, eyes dead and - blue. Her eyes were blue. Had he just- " What did you do to her! " She screamed, hands shaking.
Charles smiled. " Nothing irreversible.. Give it five or six years, my queen will have her sight back. "
" Your.. What.. Oh no. " She whispered, and Charles laughed.
" It was never about you, Trista! Your sister is the one who was my playmate when we were small, she is the one I have done so much to make strong, she has always been the one I wanted.. Your father knew that. "
It hit Trista hard and she nearly threw up. Her father had bruised and broken his sister at Charles's orders. He had wanted his future queen treated this way, and her father hadn't had a choice. She had thought her father the strongest man in the world, but it was obviously not so.
" Although.. " He added. " I hear Lucien doesnt want you anymore.. I have a lord who would love to put you to good use. " He sneered, and Trista started to feel dizzy. She was furious, heartbroken, confused, and the emotions were so strong and jumbled she could barely make sense of it.
As Charles turned to leave with his people, Kalliope's hand fell, and Trista saw something drop. She gasped, holding her breath, hoping the guards wouldnt see it- and they didnt. Charles called for the rest of his men to leave now, and nearly forty more soldiers went running after them. Trista did too. She dropped to her knees, grabbing the little object, curling up in a ball as the soldiers ran by so they wouldnt hurt her.
A moment later she stood, watching Charles leave by the main road of the town. She opened her hand, to see the girls red dog pendant. On the back was her name, engraved into it. Trista held onto the pendant tightly, and a moment later, without even looking around, felt her second in command's hand on her shoulder. " Get the men ready. We leave tonight. "
" As you wish, your highness. " He replied, and was gone.

Playful Lover

12,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Prince Lucian
╚══════════════╝

Rowan's body stiffens at the queens comment. "That wasn't what I was implying your majesty. I just wanted to make sure that you were safe." He wiped the sweat from his brow. The queen waves her hands, saying that she had protection. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the shadows of her group. Her Red Dogs hidden in the shadows. He nods his head. "I see. Still I would like to accompany you by your side. It would put my mind at ease." He smiles and gives her a slight nod. Only his smile faded when he heard a familiar, yet haunting voice. Even the Red Dogs tensed up when hearing it. Trista takes off running towards the front gates. He follows right behind her, his hand on his hip ready to strike down an opponent if need be. She takes a sudden stop when she sees what was before them. There sat Charles upon one of the horses they had. On top with him was the princess! How did...wasn't she... Rowan growls softly to himself. That rookie guard had let her get taken! He'd deal with him later. Right now he needed to get the princess back without getting caught. "Charles! You let her go!" He roared. There were more men slaughtered right in front of him. Charles wouldn't get away with this. The princess's eyes seemed different. They were blue now instead of their original color. What had that monster done to her?

As if she was reading his mind, Trista screams out at him. Charles only smiles, telling them what he had done. He had blinded her some how with some sort of powder or liquid. The knight grits his teeth. "You won't get away with this Charles! Lucian will kill you before you cause any more damage to her!" Her majesty looked suddenly pale. Rowan goes to her side, placing his hands gently on her to keep her steady in case she fell over. His breath caught in his throat. Lucian...he didn't want Trista anymore? That was absurd! The two were married! They were just...going through some rough times at the moment. If Charles had died earlier today there would be problems now.
There was no point dwelling on that thought now. "His lord Prince Lucian loves her majesty! What you say are lies!" Rowan sneered. His men formed up behind him about to take charge when he holds up his hand, halting them. He didn't need anymore good men dying for no reason today. They had lost too many as it was. He kept his hands gently on Trista's small frame, making sure that she stood up right as Charles began to leave. There was no doubt Lucian had seen this by now or at least heard it. They all watch as Charles and his forty men leave through the front gates. Trista dives forward and grabs something. Rowan was about to step towards her, but a man suddenly appeared behind her. The two exchanged some small talk before he disappears. He needed to talk to Lucian and fast. The sooner a plan was made, the faster they could bring the princess home. He moves to face the queen and kneels before her, gently raising her head to look at him. "He will not get away with this, your highness, I swear you this. I will return her to you myself if I must." He gives her a small, reassuring smile before standing, commanding the rest of the men to continue their duties until otherwise. While that happened, he went in search of his prince.

The prince had been sitting on the edge of his bed with his face hidden by his hands. He needed to talk to Trista, but knew she needed her space. So much had happened today that he was barely able to keep sane. He could only imagine how she was feeling. He meant no harm when he said that she didn't have to stay. He truly wanted her to be here with him. He loved her, but her family was important to her as was keeping them safe. Kalliope was the only family she had left now other than Sentinal. He soon would be dead, but at the request of Trista she wanted her sister to be the one to kill him. At least he had gotten his few punches in before he was dead. Outside there was a commotion. The smell of smoke filled his room. He was quick to stand on his feet and looks out. There at the front gates stood the b*****d son sitting on a horse. There was someone sitting on top with him. Wait. That oddly looked like... Kalliope! What was she doing there?! He was about to shout for the guards when Charles shouted out for him. He shouted for Trista as well. He growls, keeping his eyes on the scene at hand. From the gardens came Trista. Following behind her was Rowan who had accompanied her there. There was some talk between them, but it was loud enough for him to hear. "How dare he say that I don't want her.." he mutters to himself. His hands began to shake. This was to end tonight. He is quick to change back into his armor, completely forgetting that he needed to go see the medics himself. "The edge of my blade will finally get to taste your devil blood, Charles." Lucian says to himself before heading down the stairs. The maids had finished cleaning up the previous blood soaked rugs and other areas where there had been a fight, so he walked on clean rugs. He makes it to the front doors of the castles and steps outside just as Rowan was coming up the stairs. "Prince Lucian! I was-" "I know you were looking for me. What is our plan?" "Sir?" The man looks at him as if he was crazy, but he continues to look out over the small town with a cold, stone face. "What is our plan, Rowan? What are we going to do to get Princess Kalliope back?" "That was what I was coming to ask you, sir."

Lucian turns his head to look at his guard. There was hate in his eyes. Hate for Charles and all the pain he has caused this kingdom and Trista. "Simple. We track him down and kill every single last one of them. Do you understand? We will take no prisoners this time. They all die tonight. Gather the guards! I will be taking only twenty men with me. You will be in charge until I return." Rowan looks rather shocked to hear this coming from Lucian's mouth. Never has he commanded his men to murder others on the spot. Not unless the situation called for it. This was a revenge mission. He could see that now, but he couldn't argue with him. He just nods his head. "Yes sir." "Good. Get the last of our men ready for travel. We shall need the horses as well, so get them ready. I will be speaking with my wife if you should need me." Rowan closes his fist and slaps it across his chest in response. "Yes sir!" The man goes off running to do what his commander has told him to do, and the prince makes his way to where Trista was kneeling. He comes up behind her, his face now relieved of anger and replaced with sympathy and love as he kneels before her and pulls her into a warm embrace. He holds her for a moment before pulling away and kissing her soft lips. When the kiss breaks, he moves pieces of her hair from her face to see her beautiful face. "Charles will not get far with your sister, Trista. I promise you this. There is one problem. I don't have enough men to take with me and to keep the city safe while it tries to rebuild. I will need your assistance in a plan that I have in mind to finally rid us of Charles once and for all. Will you come with me so that we may speak privately?"

ooc: Oh my god. Finally got something! *dies*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces