< 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

User Image User Image User Image
█████ anything you say can and will be held against you
━━━ so only say my name━━━
xxxx( it will be held against you )
xxxxxxxxxxx ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE HELD AGAINST YOU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SO ONLY SAY MY NAME
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCameron Reynolds

A chuckle escaped Cameron’s lips when Darryl spoke up, giving the least insulting of insults possible. Of all the things that Cameron had heard over the years, being told to get his head out of his a** was hardly an insult. If Darryl wished to make a scene – if he somehow wished to make Cameron look bad – he would need something else. In fact, Cameron was sure many colourful insults had been fired towards Darryl meaning all he needed to do was borrow an insult from someone else. It wasn’t hard to do, hence why the situation was amusing. It was as though Darryl had finally hit manhood – as though he’d finally grown some balls and was willing to stand up for himself. Admittedly, he didn’t stand up for himself as well as most people yet he was a beginner. Cameron was sure that the male was used to being walked all over. Despite this, Cameron wasn’t going to let Darryl off easily. It was nothing major – it didn’t require the male to flip out completely – yet allowing such a thing to pass through without any repercussions would leave Darryl thinking that he could get away with such a thing on a regular basis.

“Is that really the best you can do?” Cameron asked, giving a sigh. “Honestly, telling me to grow up isn’t going to change my behaviour. The same applies to the getting my head out of my a** comment. It was such a unique insult Darryl, well done. Moreover, I’m fully aware that the world does not revolve around me. Weren’t you listening to my words at all? I spoke of how it would be good for the two of us. Last time I checked there was no ‘me’ in the spelling of ‘two’ or ‘us’. In fact, there isn’t even an ‘i’. If you’d rather I ignored your existence and worked solely towards bettering my life then I’d be more than happy to. It will be no trouble for me. In fact, I cannot wait until you’re no longer in my life. You can go back to your little emo life whereby you wallow in some self-pity that you’re not even deserving of. As for having things backwards you once again have the wrong end of the stick. I will make it look as though it is entirely your fault, ergo you will have to explain. The reality doesn’t matter once blame gets thrown around. It becomes irrelevant whether Barwick likes me or not: all that matters is that I will get you into deep s**t. Maybe then you’ll actually have something to sit crying about. Looking at it that way I’m being a lovely person once again: I’m helping you fulfil your emo status to a whole new level.”

Cameron scoffed at the comment to man up. Was he really being told to man up by the guy wearing eyeliner? “You cannot tell someone to man up when you’re still a girl yourself,” Cameron told him, rolling his eyes. “Eyeliner, skinny jeans, a lack of balls: those are your problems not mine. You’re just making yourself look more pathetic by flipping your own problems onto me. There is the smallest of chances that I would have listened to those words had you not been such a woman yourself. As for the leading you home comment, no thank you. Lead me to your house instead and on the way there I’ll casually disappear. You cannot force me to follow you home – just as you cannot force me to lead the way to my house. For all you know I could be leading you anywhere. Bossing me around isn’t going to get you anywhere. No matter how many times you command me to lead you to my house it just isn’t happening. I have no wish for my mother to meet up with the Emo King. She’s bad enough already – anything else and she’ll no longer be able to tell the difference between her son and daughter. Your presence in my house is not wanted. It never has been and it never will be.”

Cameron gave a shrug of his shoulders then, as if to say ‘well’ as Darryl had done so previously. “It looks like you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, Darryl. So what exactly are you going to do? I’d recommend against crying for mommy. I’d also recommend against throwing more insults – because face it, you suck at that. You’ve reached the kind of low which most are not aware of. Personally, if you want to end this torturous embarrassment, I’d agree to meeting up in the library on another day. At least there we won’t be the only two stuck instead of a small room. There’ll be others there and we won’t have to force ourselves to interact. In fact, I think it would be even better if we simply ignore what Barwick said and went our separate ways on this for the moment. So long as we meet up before the next lesson she isn’t to know that we’ve been working individually. I’m more than capable of blagging my way through her lessons – in all honesty, I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember.” If Darryl didn’t agree that such a thing was the easiest of options he needed his head checking. Anyone who had more than two brain cells would agree that it was for the best if they spent as little time together as possible, blagging their way through the project.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║║▌ █║▌│║

M R O U T C A S T

Darryl was fuming though he did hide it very well. He wasn't going to give Cameron the satisfaction of knowing how he could get under his skin. "After all the s**t you put Barwick though you think she is actually going to believe I am the one slacking. That's all she knows you as. The class slacker who is out to ruin her life. Along with everyone else you think looks at you the wrong way." He didn't think it was possible for one person to be so full of themselves, think they can manipulate everyone in the school.

Talking about the way he looked and dressed was just another tick he could add to the list of Cameron's immature traits. "I don't have a problem with the way I look or dress." He stated with a small shrug. As for the label he didn't know if he quite agreed with it. 'emo.' Sure he had some of the characteristics but he wasn't the person who would sit in a corner and cut themselves. "But the fact that you do shows me that you're bored with your own life and have to cut your way into someone else's. Might want to go spice up your own life a little." He stated sticking his hands in his tight pockets. He was more than done with this conversation. If he was so against getting things done then fine. He was sure the teacher would be on his side considering who he was paired up with.

A small smirk crawled upon his face. He couldn't help it. Cameron went on about his presence was not wanted in his house but he begged to differ. Years ago Mrs. Reynolds loved him. He remembered it quite clearly actually, the tight motherly hugs she always drew him in to. The lunches they ate together with Cameron. If only the stubborn male remembered. "Is that so? Well why don't you just Mrs. Reynolds that Darryl said hi and then come and tell me I am not wanted in your house." He was sure the woman would remember. Though whether or not Cam would actually mention his name to her was an entirely different story.

So he sucked at insults? Well he wouldn't deny it, he just wasn't really one to shoot insults back and fourth. "I'm sorry I am not as practiced as you at trying to make myself feel better by bringing other people down." He shot calmly. It was true, that was the whole point of insults, cutting other people up to make yourself feel better. It wasn't right and therefore he tried to refrain from doing it. Cameron was a special case and the male knew it. "Do what you want. Just remember in the end, Barwick will either fail us both or just you. You have made her life hell, there is no way she'll back you up on this one."

Cameron gave a nonchalant shrug as Darryl tried to make it seem as though Cameron would be in trouble with the teacher. He was fairly certain that his parents had long ago stopped caring what that woman had to say about things. If they hadn’t stopped caring already they would be pretty close to the point where they gave up with her. There was only so much that people could put up with from that woman. All her ceaseless complaints about everything: it was enough to have her welcomed into the emo group of ‘I hate life’. Hell, if emo had been a thing back in her day she would have been the leader of the group. Of course, it hadn’t been around back then. The woman was much too old for that. Perhaps it was just her way of trying to play it cool? It was a bit backwards, but some teachers were like that. There were those who thought they were cool when they could nerd out with the geeks over shows such as Game of Thrones, those who thought they were cool because they knew who Rihanna was along with being able to name her latest single, and then there were those who tried to get themselves labelled as some kind of high school stereotype. It was wrong in so many ways.

“I guess you want a gold star for being the happy emo?” Cameron asked his voice full of annoyance. It was a conversation which wouldn’t be going anywhere. If they got onto a debate about the way people dressed it would end up with them getting nowhere. Cameron was fairly certain that Darryl would just rant on and on about pointless s**t that Cameron had no care for. Although, the next comment was enough to leave Cameron laughing at Darryl. “Bored with my own life so I’m cutting my way into someone else’s? Don’t flatter yourself. If it wasn’t for Barwick being such a b***h I would never in my life have had anything to do with you. If the b***h took the stick out of her a**, she would realise what a mistake she has made. The only spice my life needs is you out of it. Things were great before you appeared with your drab lifestyle pulling me down with your ‘we should totally go to the library and study’ bullshit.” Those final words – the ‘we should totally go to the library and study’ – were spoke in the high pitch imitation voice that everyone seemed to use when impersonating another, even though it never sounded like anyone at all.

Darryl’s next comment, however, caused Cameron to frown slightly. What was this guy on? Did he really think that mentioning a name would leave his mother inviting some stranger around to their house? Had Darryl forgotten to take his medication this morning? Seriously, that was a whole new level of messed up. “I’m fairly certain that my mother doesn’t want to know of your existence, let alone receive a ‘hi’ from you. I’d rather keep my mother way from you, thanks.” Had he wanted, Cameron could have made a big deal out of that one yet he decided not to. In all honesty, the statement had confused him somewhat. He couldn’t understand where it had come from. It seemed as though Darryl was implying that the two knew each other, yet Cameron couldn’t understand how. It wasn’t really something he wanted to think too much about. The easiest explanation – and his favourite – was that Darryl had messed up his words. Darryl had probably meant to say something else, yet in his agitated state everything came out wrong hence why Cameron couldn’t quite grasp the meaning of his words.

“Oh wow, are you really going down that route? Is that something your therapist taught you? Or is that some crap you took off the internet whilst speaking to those other emo kids out there?” Cameron was smiling again now, the thought of Darryl knowing his mother pushed from his mind. “I don’t need to better myself by bringing other people down. I’m already better than people like you. I’m sorry that the truth hurts you, but I have no question about which one of us is better. If you want to head off and find someone who is worse than you – to which I wish you luck for it will be hard – then by all means go and insult them. If it makes you feel better, great. Just know that I do not need to head out and find people to insult to make myself feel good. I’m perfectly happy as I am.” Cameron gave a shrug of his shoulders, as if brushing the conversation off completely.

“You might want to stop disillusioning yourself. If she decides to fail me then you will come down with me. Even if she doesn’t back me up she won’t back you up either. Remember that stick up her a**; well it will still be there. When she plants a fail upon my report she will do the same thing to you. You’re failing just like me,” Cameron told his partner, his smile wider now. “And seems as though we’re both failing I’m guessing there is no point in us standing around talking this through any longer. If you’ll excuse me I’d very much like to head out and enjoy my life whilst I still can. Enjoy your walk home; I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun.” And with that, Cameron turned his back on Darryl and headed towards the door. If Darryl decided to follow him there were a few choice words that would be exchanged between the two. The second word would be ‘off’, and the first would be more than easy for people to guess. People didn’t even need to be told that the word began with the letter ‘f’ to know what it was.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

This guy was quickly getting further and further under Darryl's skin and it was getting harder and harder to hide it. He felt his chipped black nails dig in to his palms as he balled his fists beside him. One thing he had said had hit the nail on the head. Therapy. He had gone to therapy though only for a few sessions. It was after his father had left and his mother wanted to ensure that he did not grow up with some sort of abandonment issues. No one but his mother knew he went to therapy and that was the way he wanted it. People already thought he had issues, he didn't need to give them another reason to think so. Unfortunately his mother was against him stopping the sessions and was very close to convincing him to start them again, that was just what he needed.

Unfortunately, just like most of the other aspects of this assignment; Cameron was right. If he went down Darryl would be going down with him and unfortunately his grades could not take that hit. And that was it, after spewing some crap about how he was better than him he was gone. Great. So he really would have to to this project alone, well part of it at least and just hope that Barwick didn't notice the two completely different writing styles.

The raven haired male stalked off in the direction of his own house which unfortunately was in the same general direction of Cameron's so the male opted to take the longer route home simply so he could head in the opposite direction.

As expected the moment he stepped through the door his mother had bombarded him with new leaks in the celebrity world, gushing about some major article she had started to write and how easily it was flowing. With a quick congrats he slung his bag back on his shoulder and padded up the stairs to his room. He planned on getting as much done as he could now. Might as well. Pulling out his books and his laptop he got to work on the pop subsection, it was the genre he had the most knowledge on unfortunately. Typing off an unusually lengthy piece he printed it out and left it on the desk. Glancing at the clock he realized two hours had passed. The raven sighed leaning back in his creaky chair to stretch his back before heading down to help his mom out with dinner.

"Have you put anymore thought into therapy?" His mother questioned as she busied herself with dinner. The male sighed, he really didn't think he needed to go, he was fine. His father walked out on them, he didn't love them what more was there to it? "Yeah." He spoke setting the table for the two of them. "And?" This was it, he knew his mom would never give this up until he agreed to it. "I guess I'll do it." His mother grinned. "I was hoping you would say that, I already talked to the therapist, you're first session is tomorrow immediately after school, I will be there to pick you up." Of course she had already set something up, it was his mom he was talking about.

The next day at school Darryl entered Barwick's class and placed his finished pop genre work on Cameron's desk before claiming his own seat. It didn't last long though, as soon as the rest of the class entered the room they were ordered to sit with their partners. With a groan Darryl crossed the room to sit with Cameron. He didn't know if the male had had a chance to read through what he had done the night before but the teacher was already beginning to circle the room. And of course, most likely because he was partnered with Barwicks personal tormentor she was starting with them. "What have you done so far?" She questioned sharply stopping abruptly at their table. Reluctantly Darryl handed her the work he had completed so far. Glancing through it dark eyes met his. "And where's the evidence that you two completed this together?" She questioned dropping the packet back down in front of them.

Darryl mentally kicked himself, how had he forgotten that part? "Just as I thought. Well then you two can spend your time after school today here working on it under my supervision of course." Today? That wouldn't work for him. "I can't today, I have other arrangements." Barwick narrowed her eyes at him. "What could possibly be more important than school Mr. Paxton?" Darryl sighed, he didn't want to talk about this, not in front of Cameron who was sure to hold this above him for the rest of his high school life, if not more. "I just have something else I have to do." He spoke truthfully hoping it would be enough for her. "Very well, I will just mark you two down as non compliant." Seriously? If this was all because he was partnered with Cameron the male was surely going to get it. "I have therapy." He admitted busying his eyes and hands down to the packet he held. "Very well, tomorrow after school then." With that she was off to the next set of desks.

"Okay, what now?" He questioned hoping this would all just blow over, maybe the male would not mention what had just happened at all. Yeah right, this was Cameron here.

The nearest thing to a compliment that Cameron could give Darryl was the fact that he wasn’t stupid enough to follow him, ranting and raving some more. If Darryl had been stupid enough to follow the male all kinds of hell would have broken loose: as a whole it would not have been pretty. Still, there were some brain cells behind the thick skull, some knowledge actually being able to force its way through to prevent him from being overly stupid. So instead of having to put up with Darryl and his overly annoying ways, Cameron was able to head off in search of his friends and spend most of the night laughing and joking with them. As one would expect, upon returning home, he did not mention Darryl to his mother. There was no point in bringing up such a thing, plus Cameron had forgotten about it up until the point where his mother’s voice echoed through the house on his return. Even if he had said something, which he never would, he knew his mother would just stare blankly at him. It was one of those things: Darryl had been plucking at strings when he threw out that line.

The following day went just like most other days. It was the same old routine, for the most part. There were enough differences to prevent the male from growing bored of his life, yet lessons were always the same drab thing. The only difference today being the work he found on his desk. An amused grin plastered his face as his eyes drifted over towards Darryl. Clearly he really wasn’t as stupid as he looked. There was no point in looking over the work as Cameron knew it would be of a decent quality. If Darryl had been willing to sit down and do such work he would have ensured that it was good enough to leave Barwick stalking off with her tail between her legs. Due to this, Cameron didn’t say anything when Darryl was moved to sit by him once again. That was obviously going to be a running theme: Barwick would be forcing them to sit with their partners every lesson until the project was completed. Oh the joys of such a thing! Cameron was also silence as Barwick made her way over, keeping a smug smile off his face. At first it looked as though they were going to get away with it until Darryl’s face allowed her to see the truth.

Honestly, Cameron wasn’t sure what the woman expected of them. How were they supposed to supply proof? Did she want them to live feed their time together so that she could sit around watching? Maybe they could film themselves as they worked? There really wasn’t any realistic way in which they could prove to her that they had worked together. Even if they had really done the work together there was no way in which they could offer up evidence. For someone who had the balls to stand at the front of the class acting like she was better than everyone else she really was as stupid as they came. She could join the stupid club, sitting around with Darryl, their simplistic minds achieving very little (the occasional bright idea – such as doing the work – only just managing to break through into the open). Cameron was about to tell Barwick exactly what he thought of her idea of watching the two of them when Darryl spoke up. It was so new, so shocking, that Cameron simply shut his mouth to watch. Whatever was going on it was interesting. Darryl was being evasive whilst Barwick made her usual scene.

In the end it resulted in the embarrassment of them both: Barwick didn’t get her way and Darryl had to speak up about something that he obviously didn’t want to become public knowledge. A wide smile was plastered upon Cameron’s face, although he wasn’t quite sure what amused him more. As he watched Barwick stalk off to annoy someone else he believed her embarrassment was the cause of his grin, yet when Darryl spoke up his mind went to the therapy comment. “What now?” Cameron repeated, pulling his eyes towards Darryl. “I think you just gave her the kicking she deserved. Well done for being a ******** up, it clearly comes in useful every so often.” Cameron tilted his head slightly to the side, observing Darryl. For a moment it crossed his mind that Darryl had fabricated such an excuse to prevent them from working together, however his body language told Cameron otherwise. He was heading off to therapy after school. “So, do I get to know what you’re going for or not? I mean, if I can help in any way I’d be more than happy to. By ‘help’ I mean get you sent to a session every time she wants us to be under her watchful eye. Of course, it is possible that you’re able to do that yourself. Cry a little bit more than usual and your sessions will increase. I’d love to see Barwick hear that excuse over and over again. In the end she won’t believe but when she looks at the record…” Cameron left that sentence hanging, a small chuckle emitting from his lips. They all knew how that story went. Barwick would go in search of answers, looking for the truth, only to be told that Darryl was in fact heading off to therapy. The punch in the face would leave her embarrassed for days and she’d be unable to pull the duo along.

It looked as though Darryl was slightly more useful than one would have expected. He wasn’t just some annoying kid who rather enjoyed the eyeliner a bit too much, but he was also one of those therapy kids which gave them ample reasons now to be subject to Barwick and her ‘after school sessions’. That was, of course, all the good that came from the situation – everything else was hell.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

Darryl should have known that the subject would not be dropped. Well he knew that it wouldn't be, he just hoped it would be; but of course, no such luck. Even after revealing one of his deepest secrets Cameron was still kicking him, kicking him while he's down. Was there even a point in withholding the rest of the truth? Probably not. "Let's just say I have daddy issues." He stated with a small shrug. He really had never been the same since his dad walked out on him and his mother. He just didn't understand how someone could claim to love people and then just up and leave them without a second thought. That could explain his trust issues he suffered from as well. Hopefully Cameron would not pry for more details though it wouldn't surprise him if he did. The male didn't seem to have any boundaries.

Darryl turned his attention back on his work. As much as he wanted to drop the subject something was still dancing around his head. He was nearly certain that as soon as the bell echoed throughout the school Cameron would run to his friends and run his smart mouth about the newest gossip. He didn't want this getting around the school. Sure lots of people went to therapy but this was the one thing he had to himself. People around school had enough reasons to think he was crazy and weird. He didn't need proof of it being spread around the school. "What are the chances you will keep this between us?" He questioned keeping his eyes on his paper in front of him. Maybe Cameron would feed him some sort of 'why would I care about what you're going through' lines. 'I have better things to talk about with my friends than your stupid problems.' It was possible, it was defintely something that Cameron would say.

So he had daddy issues: what a cliché. In fact, everything about Darryl was a bit of a cliché so Cameron should have guessed as much. From the nail varnish to the eye liner, from the female jeans to the girl-length hair: adding in therapy had come as no surprise and neither did the daddy issues. Although, he guessed Darryl could have taken things one step further. He could have gone with the whole ‘my life has been a constant battle against bullies so my therapist is helping me to regain my confidence so that I can become the shining star I’ve always known myself to be’. Whatever, it wasn’t really important. Most people guessed as much of the weird little group that Darryl spent his time with. In fact, there were a lot of groups that such a thing was thought about. The weird group that Cameron’s sister belonged to was one such group – so much so that Cameron was waiting for the day that her therapy sessions started. Sometimes, when he noticed how weird the girl actually was, he questioned whether she already attended secrets sessions that were on a strictly need-to-know basis between the two females in his house. In the grand scheme of things the idea of his sister heading off to see a psychologists with the prospect of her being institutionalised was of greater interested than the little emo kid he’d been forced to work with for some stupid assignment.

Upon hearing Darryl speak up again, Cameron gave a small chuckle. It was obvious that such a question would crop up. For someone who tried to act as though he wasn’t at all concerned about his image, Darryl sure seemed tense about this. Not only was he asked about it becoming their little secret but he also couldn’t make eye-contact with Cameron. Honestly, anyone would think Darryl had just let out his biggest secret. Things like therapy sessions were exactly life or death situations. On the other hand, if Cameron found out that the guy was being shipped off to some high-security prison on the other side of the country due to some crime he’d committed maybe then Cameron would be interested. As it stood, he was mostly concerned with the fact that Barwick was off their back. “Don’t you want people to know that you dished it out to Barwick?” Cameron asked, holding back his chuckles but still smiling. “I’m sure everyone would love you for that. I’m almost proud myself.”

At this point, Cameron leaned forwards so that he was able to look at Darryl’s face. In the end Darryl would have to turn and look at him, there was only so long that people could put up with being stared at before they turned to make eye-contact. “You do realise most people thought that of you anyway? The fact that you shocked Barwick with such news is more shocking than the whole therapy deal. This whole ‘daddy issue’ thing, I’m not bothered by it, and I doubt it will change your life much anyway if people did find out. Shall we say I’m on the fence about sharing this news,” Cameron told the male. “If I still find the look upon her face amusing when the lesson finishes I may just have to share my entertainment, if not it gets brushed under the rug. So, from the looks of things, your secret is dependent upon Barwick and the entertainment I get from her.”

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

Darryl finally turned to look at his project partner who had to his dismay leaned in closer probably for the sole purpose to make him feel uncomfortable. Well he wouldn't let him. "Do you think I need yet another reason for people to talk about me?" He questioned still meeting the males gaze, he wasn't backing down from this one. Sure he shut Barwick up and yes people would enjoy to hear that but that would just put the attention back on him and as much as he pretended not to care and at times didn't care sometimes he did. He was content floating through high school as the invisible kid but with rumors going around he just didn't want it.

Darryl sighed to himself. "Sure people may suspect it but confirming it will only raise questions. That's what you people do. Pry and pick things apart to satisfy your gossiping needs." He started, beginning to struggle to keep the eye contact between them. He had more issues going on than abandonment issues, his father wasn't a nice man. Part of the reason why his mother let him go so easily. Also part of the reason he had such intense trust issues. People prying into his life and the reasons he was enrolled in therapy would not do him any good. "Questions will be asked that I am not quite willing to answer." Finally the dark haired male broke the eye contact between them for the second time since class started. Something about him made him feel vulnerable and he hated it.

Cameron had something on him, something that if it got around could actually harm him, emotionally. And if that tiny little thought even got through to Cameron it would be just another reason for him to call him emo. People never bothered him, he never let what people thought of him even cross his mind until this damn project. What was it about Cameron? Maybe the fact that he had known him when his haunted past was the present. Cameron made the past he had been working so hard to forget come back. And his future was all dependent on Cameron and what his decision would be about keeping his mouth shut or not. Funny how these things worked out wasn't it?

There it was: the eye-contact. Not even Darryl could continue to act as though Cameron wasn’t right there, playing the ‘I do not care at all’ game. Of course, that game was a lie. Darryl cared a lot more than he was willing to let on. Most people did, actually. It was just the way humans were: you acted as though you didn’t care when everything mattered, especially what other people thought of you. That was the thing with being social animals: you cared too much about the opinions of others. If Darryl were to take a social science he would learn that within the first five minutes. If he tried to say he did not care he would get called a dirty rotten liar to his face. Not by Cameron, oh no, by the teachers. That’s what the social science teachers were like – they loved to make their points known by all, forcing such things on you in the most inhumane of ways if it was the only way to get through to you.

Upon hearing Darryl’s question the blonde let out a small sigh. “You’re acting as though we have nothing better to do other than speak about you,” Cameron muttered, irritation filling his voice. Darryl always seemed to get the wrong idea about things. He made things much bigger than they needed to be. In all honesty, half of what Cameron said (at least what he’d been saying thus far) meant nothing. The chances of him bringing up the therapy topic were unlikely. Compared to other things that they could talk about a discussion about Darryl and his therapeutic needs were exceptionally drab. If Darryl really considered himself that important he had bigger ego problems than Darryl: so bad that his head should have exploded by now. Seriously, it wasn’t right. Cameron knew the little group were weird but this was something else. They weren’t just weird; they were a whole new level of messed up. Their lives were made up of opposing problems that should have outweighed each other but seemed to support each other. It was very weird indeed – hence why people always got weird vibes from them.

When the eye-contact was broken Cameron couldn’t decide if he was disappointed or not. He’d expected Darryl to hold out for long, however he knew it wouldn’t last long. Letting out a small sigh, Cameron leaned back in his chair once more, crossing his arms over his chest. “You’re not gossip, Darryl, you’re just there. If we were to pry and pick apart it would be about someone who we want to remove from the group. When it is other people minimal knowledge is enough to give us a small laugh. We’re not vultures: we’re not going to do anything to you. See, you’re mistaken in the fact that you think I’m a danger. I can guarantee you that something more interesting will come up so I won’t be sharing your dirty little secret. Hell, I doubt I’d share it anyway. It’s not something for me to get excited over. So don’t worry your secret is safe with me.”

Of course, that wasn’t safe at all. At any given time Cameron could very well use it to his advantage. He didn’t have to share the knowledge with other people – there was no reason to when he could do enough damage alone. That was another way in which Darryl was underestimating him. Darryl seemed to think that he was unable to work alone, unable to work without the aid of his friends. What Darryl didn’t seem to realise was that Cameron could have easily made his life a living hell singlehandedly by now if he had wanted to. It wasn’t that hard to do. If anything, the guy was getting off luckier than he should have.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

Darry knew he should have been insulted by Camerons comment but truth be told he wasn't. There were some benefits to being that invisible kid that no one cared about. Cameron was right, would people really care? Probably not. Though that didn't mean that he wanted the truth to come out either though. He gave a sigh of relief when the male stated the secret was safe with him and mentally kicked himself for making it so obvious. "Thanks." He kept it short and simple but he knew that he would still have to watch himself around Cameron, the male was not to be trusted and he would have to be careful.

The rest of the hour consisted of the two making small talk about the assignment. Barwick stayed completely clear of their side of the room and barely even glanced over at the two of them. The end of the day came quicker than he would have hoped and he met his mom in the parking lot to head to his session. He had secrets about his past, some even his mother and therapist didn't even know about. He was the only one who knew the truth.

And his father.

The hour long session was boring to say the least. The aging large woman tried to subtly pry into his life and he only let out as much as he was comfortable with, which to be honest wasn't much. She did however advise him to relax. He had told her that he told someone about his sessions and she informed him that it was nothing to be ashamed of. Well it was easier said by someone who wasn't labeled as crazy.

The next day came quickly too and after school he met up in Barwick's room like he was advised to do the previous day. He didn't even know if Cameron would show up or not. He knew Barwick would lose it if he didn't, they both did but judging by his record it wouldn't be a first. As much as he wanted to forget about his therapy session he was going to try to push his worries aside. Even if Cameron did blab to his friends Darryl wasn't important enough for people to care about. They wouldn't bother asking for details. The thought relaxed him, it was fine.

Cameron’s attention was on Barwick for the majority of the hour, her desire to stay away from the duo amusing him more than it should have. More the most part any answers he put forwards, any input he had on the assignment, was minimalistic. He made obvious statements, agreed to everything that Darryl suggested and didn’t bother to put forward any ideas of his own. For the most part he was waiting for Barwick to look up and make eye-contact with him simply so that he could send her a look informing her that she’d lost this round. Alas, she didn’t even glance towards them when the lesson was over. There was no reminder that they were to turn up the following day: there was nothing. Cameron was more disappoint than he would ever admit. He got a kick out of her unfortunate situation, yes, but he would have enjoyed it even more if she’d made it obvious instead of playing the avoidance game.

Surprisingly, nobody else seemed to pick up on the fact that she was avoiding the duo. Those that Cameron spoke to were more caught up in the fact that she’d been hovering over their shoulders more than usual. They acquainted this with the fact that they were Cameron’s friends, not bothering to look at it any further. Due to this Cameron didn’t say anything to them about Darryl’s therapy session. What was the point in interrupting a bitching session about Barwick with some news that would be brushed off? No, it was more fun to listen to the complaints that everyone else had whilst knowing she was avoiding you. It gave Cameron the upper hand and none of them seemed to notice it.

Come the next day, Cameron had forgotten about the afterschool session he was supposed to be attending with Darryl with Barwick looming over them. He would have headed straight home had his history teacher not called him up to the front of the class as he went to leave the room. Everyone was confused by this as out of all the teachers the history teacher was the one Cameron seemed to get on with easiest – there was no real trouble between the two of them. For the most part what was exchanged happened to be nothing more than harmless banter. With the session having slipped from his mind, Cameron’s face was plastered with confusion as he headed up to the teacher’s desk. The teacher was speaking up before Cameron was even there. “I can tell by the look on your face that you have forgotten. What did you do to her this time?”

Realisation washed over Cameron, his confusion turning into annoyance. A frown knotted his eyebrows together as he shook his head. “Would you believe it actually wasn’t me? She wouldn’t believe that I worked with my partner so she decided to bring us back. He managed to get us out of it and now we have to head back today.”

“Well she looked at your timetable, found out where you were at the end of the day, and then she left me to play messenger. So if I was you I’d head over there before she thinks you’re avoiding another session.”

Cameron snorted at this, turning on his heels and heading out of the classroom. Instantly he was bombarded with questions from his friends. Again, Cameron avoiding explaining the therapy session when telling his friends what had happened. Once the story was told it became a case of people debating over whether he was to head to the session or not. In the end, ten minutes after he should have turned up, a small percentage of his friends took it upon themselves to send him off to the session. They’d managed to convince everyone that it would be highly amusing for him to stroll in late as though they had simply turned up early. Whilst Cameron had no wish to go to the session he couldn’t help but smile at the idea. As always Barwick would flip.

“You’re late,” Barwick told him as he did as planned. He strolled into the room with an air of ease about him, dropping down in a seat at the table.

“Am I?” Cameron asked, eyes drifting towards the clock. “I do not recall you giving a specific time. You simply said it was an afterschool session so I came after school finished.”

Barwick seemed to seethe at this, her eyes narrowing on Cameron. “You’re still going to have to sit here for a full hour. If your friends are waiting outside then they’d do well to head on home to work on their projects.”

“What happened to it being group work? If they head home they will be without a partner.”

Cameron didn’t think it was possible for any more hatred to be fired in his direction, yet somehow Barwick managed to overcome his expectation. “You have your partner here so work Cameron. If you don’t cooperate I’ll make sure that you fail this class and that it has a detrimental effect on your whole record.”

Cameron shrugged this off, turning his head towards Darryl. “I’m sure your session yesterday went much better than this.”

Of course, Cameron would get a jab in that would affect both of them.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

Darryl had his papers pulled out on his usual desk to make it look like he was actually engaged in something though he doubted Barwick would say anything to him about it anyways. The clock ticked the minutes by and there was still no sign of Cameron. He had figured nearly ten minutes into the hour that his partner was not going to show until mere moments later the door creaked open and in walked the blonde. He didn't know if that was a good thing or not. There was a small chance that Barwick would go easier on him now that she was aware of his situation. Unfortunately Cameron stomping in and causing a scene was not going to help him at all. He watched silently as the two had it out at the front of the classroom before Cameron claimed the seat next to him.

He had not gotten anything else done since the other night and he was almost certain the male hadn't gotten anything else done either. He was about to question the male about this when he spoke up. Of course he would mention that. Well he wasn't going to let it get to him, not this time. "Better company for sure." He spat back with a small smirk. This is what he was used to. Comebacks, not caring. Not whatever came over him yesterday, pathetic and vulnerability.

Turning his attention back to his paper he slid it towards the male. "Now since you didn't read this yesterday do it now so we can get this over with." He ordered leaning back in his chair waiting for the male to read it over, if he actually would.

There wasn't much that the pair could get done right now. They already had everything figured out, now it was up to researching it and since there were no computers in the room that would be hard to do unless the teacher let them go to library but he knew that was not very likely at all. She looked way too busy at her desk and there was no way that she would let the two of them out of her sight.

Cameron laughed at Darryl’s response, shaking his head slightly. It seemed as though the guy had developed spunk overnight. It was amusing, to say the least, yet it wouldn’t last long. He would put forward a handful of ballsy comments and then he would retreat back into himself, cowering away from Cameron due to the belief that he was the antichrist of the school. Hell, it was possible that Darryl saw him as the antichrist of the entire human population. “I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the company,” Cameron replied, smiling back at the male. An attempt at being a wise guy and adding attitude into his response wasn’t enough to have Cameron quaking in his boots. He was fairly certain that more damage would be done to him through an insect. Still, it amused Cameron which was enough to keep the male happy.

Another laugh came from Cameron when the paper was slid his way, partnered with more words from Darryl. “You seem so sure that I didn’t read it,” Cameron said, his voice free of emotion. “I’m sure I can guess what is in there. You would have had mommy help you with the pop section – or you just used that extensive knowledge that is odd to have inside the mind of an emo kid. Whatever way you went about it, you started with what you deemed to be the easiest. This contains information on Miley twerking her life away and whatever other stories you thought we interesting. I’m not quite sure what angle you may have decided to go for though. You may have prattled on about the kind of image these people are giving, the kind of role models they are, or you could have gone for something else you pulled out of the air. I’m sure whatever it is you’ve written it is accurate.”

Out of his peripheral vision Cameron noticed Barwick moving in her seat, looking over at him. Mere moments later her voice filled the room once more; “I suggest you work with your partner Cameron. Read over the work, you may learn something.”

The loudest chuckle since entering the room came from Cameron upon hearing that comment. “It is possible for me to make a complaint about that comment. I can say you’re always belittling me hence why I never do well in this class. If you check my grades this is where I’m doing the worst so I have evidence to back up what I’m saying.”

Sadly, however, Cameron did not manage to get a reply from the female. Instead of giving in to his taunts she returned her attention to whatever was so interesting upon her desk. Letting out a dramatic sigh (ensuring it was loud enough for the female to hear) Cameron turned his attention to the paper before him. Making as much noise as possible – ruffling the papers, tapping the paper against the table, tapping his fingers – Cameron started to read over the paper. He only read the first few lines in before dropping it back to the table, turning to look at Darryl once more. “As I said, you went for pop. There is no real surprise there.” The blonde was expecting the teacher to make a comment on how he hadn’t read the whole thing, yet she managed to keep her nose out of it this time. It was rather disappointing, in all honesty. He wanted to get a rise from her, he wanted to leave her ripping her hair out by means of punishing her for this lovely little session she had forced upon him.

Honestly, Darryl’s therapy session probably was more fun that the classroom.

Tipsy Fatcat

User Image

Darryl Thomas Paxton

M R O U T C A S T

Darryl rolled his eyes at Cameron's comment. He wasn't sure if he wanted to admit that he had come up with everything on this paper on his own without the help of his mom. It seemed like a lose lose situation.

He watched with silent lips as Barwick addressed Cameron. He couldn't help but smile, at least someone was finally telling him off, he always knew there was something good about this teacher.
                                        "You don't do well in this class because you fail to apply yourself Mr. Reynolds." Barwick pressed leaving it at that.

Darryl sat there smirking at himself, sure the male deserved a lot more than this but it was definitely a start. There was another comment. The raven haired male rolled his eyes again. "And how much have you done?" He shot knowing the male had done absolutely nothing for this assignment so far.

He really didn't understand what they were supposed to do right now. They had no access to a computer or any other materials for that matter. "Maybe we should just write about what we know. For now at least." Darryl knew he could write for weeks about the screamo genre and stuff that went along with it. The people, the bands, the music, what society thought of them. What could Cameron do though? Probably nothing, as usual.

ooc- this was lame. im sorry

Cameron cocked an eyebrow at Darryl’s question. It was like that of a five year old. He couldn’t remember anyone ever being so petulant over an assignment. “I’ve done plenty,” Cameron replied, shrugging his shoulders lightly. “If I had done nothing you would be in the exact some position as me.” Strictly speaking it was true. Darryl could have done a lot of work only for Cameron to kick off about how they hadn’t agreed upon the topic. Yes, he hadn’t done much but he had at least agreed to topics and made some suggestions. Admittedly that was all he had done and that was done in the first lesson but it was a lot more than what Darryl was insinuating. All Darryl seemed to do was make it look as though Cameron wasn’t doing anything with his life, getting some sick pleasure from the idea that he was better than Cameron. Even though they’d already covered that topic once before, Cameron was sure that Darryl had learnt nothing at all.

Shifting in his seat, Cameron gave a light nod of his head. “It is all we can do,” Cameron replied making sure his voice was loud enough for their teacher to hear. “Research is impossible when we’re unable to leave the room. A computer would be useful, or books, but nope we just have to do minimal.” Watching the teacher out of the corner of his eye, Cameron noticed her tense some more. Sadly, she did not say anything in response to Cameron’s words. It was a bit of a disappointment. He’d expected something more, another one of her terribly insulting lines. If there had been an audience of more than just Darryl she would have said something. The more people who were around the harder she tried to prove she was better than the teenagers she spent her time teaching.

“Where do you want to start?” Cameron went on to ask, letting out a sigh. There were many reasons for this sigh – it wasn’t just limited to the fact that he was actually being forced to work. In fact, Cameron could probably make a very long list of reasons as to why he was sighing.

Reaching out, Cameron took a piece of paper from in front of Darryl, taking one of his pens as well, doodling in the corner as he waited for a response from his partner. He’d probably get moaned at as well, although if they went down that route even less work would be done – and, quite possibly, Darryl would actually understand that and avoid complaining.

OOC- Oh shush, it was fine. Don't be sorry; I'm sorry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff