Welcome to Gaia! ::

MD: HOSPITAL

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
            User Image User Image User Image

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

"It's benign," Doctor Tessler said with a smile on his face as he sat before the elderly man. His hand was inside of his daughters who couldn't help smile graciously.

"Meaning?" The man said as he looked up at his daughter for confirmation. At the sight of her smile he grinned at Dr. Tessler. "I'm going to live?" He said with a wide smile. Derek returned the smile as the man's arms wrapped around his daughters waist.

Derek allowed the two their moment to embrace by sneaking out of the patient's room. He walked into the hallway and spotted one of the nurses assigned to him, "Brenda!" Mr. Tessler called out as he jogged over to the woman who was holding a tray of water. "Can you make sure everything is signed and documented for Mr. Mills and his daughter?" The woman was still in awe at Dr. Tessler's appearance. He couldn't help but blush as he looked at her, "Brenda?" Derek questioned as she snapped into reality. The woman nodded with a smile, "Of course, Doctor." She said, nervously. "Oh and your daughter is here." She said before walking off, clearly not prepared to deal with another human being.

Derek took off his white coat as he walked towards his designated office. He found Eleanor his youngest daughter sitting in his chair with her phone in front of her face. "How was school?" Derek asked Ellie who rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. "I take that as it was terrible?" Derek said as he walked over to his desk and laid his coat down on the top of it. "Everyone is always asking about Ashanti." Ellie said, frustrated as she put her phone on top of her father's desk. "Even kids who don't know her, they ask, 'How's she doing, is she going to make it?' Eleanor rolled her eyes as she looked at her father. "Like, she's just really skinny, I don't know why people make a big deal out of this whole issue." She said, hurting herself as she said the lies. "You know as well as I do if it was just an issue of her being skinny, she wouldn't be an inpatient, here." Derek said as he put on his regular suit jacket and looked at his daughter. "It's natural for people to be curious about things they don't know." Derek said as he grabbed his suitcase. "Now let's go see your sister before you get home." Derek said as he shooed her out of his chair and out the door.

The Tessler family had had their fair share of heartache. The matriarch of the family, Mrs. Yvonne Tessler, had recently passed at the beginning of the year due to her long fight with stage four ovarian cancer. She had gone into remission at one point and the family was overly excited but it came back and rather than watch her family cry and weep over her death and the trials she would have go through, she chose to live out her life with her family. Derek Tessler has said multiple time he has recovered from the loss of his wife, for the sake of his daughters but he knows it will never happen. Three months after Yvonne's death, Ashanti, the eldest daughter developed an eating disorder. It was hard for Derek to care for his daughter while working as well as being a father to Eleanor. So, he enrolled her into one of the hospital's programs dedicated to helping the youth. She stays at the hospital instead of his home which often results in a very eerie, sad home for Eleanor who is often left alone, as Derek tends to stay late at night for Ashanti's sake. The family has, without a doubt, been through a lot but things should change, hopefully.

"Daddy!" Ashanti shouted as she looked up at her father from the couch she was sitting on. She stood to her feet as she walked towards her dad and little sister. She wrapped her arms around the older man and he looked down at her, curiosity filling his eyes. "What do they have you on?" He questioned as the girl's eyes appeared to be glossy. "She's high?" Ellie said with laughter on the brim of rolling out of her throat. "It's prozac," said Ashanti as she pushed her father's hand away from her chin. She rolled her eyes at Eleanor who looked away. "It's so I don't have another episode." said Ashanti as she looked away and at an empty table. "We can sit there and talk," she said as she grabbed her father's hand and led him to the table. Derek followed with a look of sorrow in his eyes. As they all sat down he smiled at his daughters. One, a spitting image of himself, and the other a carbon copy of the woman he had married all those years ago. "How's school, Elephant?" said Ashanti as she watched her sister pull some worksheets and books out from her bag. "It's fine." She mumbled as she passed her sisters work towards her. "I really wish you'd come back to school so you can get your own work." She mumbled beneath her breath as she leaned against her chair. "Dad, I think if I take summer courses, I can graduate early." She said, changing the subject and focusing on the male. "Are you sure? I mean, what about prom and stuff?" said Derek as he looked at his daughter. "Don't you girls, like like that stuff?" He said with a smirk. Both Ashanti and Eleanor laughed in agreement that their father knew nothing. "No, it's fine," said Ashanti with a sigh. "You used to love planning for your prom and your date, I remember your date was gonna be that boy from your eighth grade class." He smiled at his daughters sudden embarrassment.

"She doesn't want to go because she wanted mom to be there." Ellie said.

Derek took a deep breath as he tried to find the words for the moment, "We wanted your mom to be here for a lot of things." Derek said with a soft hint of anger and resentment. Ashanti picked up on her father's discomfort and she leaned out of her chair to look over Ellie's head. "Here's my new youth counselor, dad," said Ashanti. "I really want you to meet her. It's odd you guys haven't bumped heads with you guys both working here." said Ashanti as she stood. "Doc!" She said, waving the beautiful woman over. "I want you to meet my dad." Ashanti said, proudly as Derek stood up and extended his hand. "Hello, I'm Doctor Derek Tessler, head of Oncology." He said with a smile, "You know, Ashanti and this is my youngest daughter, Eleanor."

ooc: feel free to godmod how you see fit. it's really shitty and really long. did not expect this. -__- hope you like it. or can work with it.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Penelope brushed a few of the long curly strands away from her face. Today was a long day. Tonight she was supposed to be having her kids over. This was a rare, onetime thing. Her ex – husband was getting married to a younger woman. He had a thing for busty afro-Latinas. Go figure. She wasn’t going to become a threat to her lifestyle yet but it was coming. The female already minimized the time she could spend with her kids. Tonight she’d have to make dinner for all three golden children. Her eldest son, Johnathan, was a junior in high school. He always carried the most responsibilities after the nasty divorce. At times Penelope felt he never had a childhood. Second in line was her next son, Lucas. Luke was her hot headed- flirtatious, troublemaking son. With their family’s DNA, it was hard to resist temptations. She usually watched out for him the most. The last thing she wanted to hear was how her son knocked someone up. Last in line was her sweet princess Isabella. It was hard letting go to her little girl, but she preferred to stay with her father. The thought settled in her mind. Great. Reconnecting with her daughter was a challenge. With a new mother in the equation, who knows if they’ll ever make a bond? Now, back to tonight’s plans. Making dinner seems easy, but it is not.. Especially for a woman that was barely home. Each child had their own favorite home cooked meal. At least her house remained spotless; there was probably dust lying around because nothing ever got touched. ”Snap out of it.” Carla, one of the nurses waved a clip board in front of her face. ”Room B13”

Shortly after, her name was being mentioned over the intercom in this particular ward. You know…five years ago it would have been nice to hear her name being broadcasted. Especially if they slap the word DOCTOR right in front of it. Now, it became repetitive and annoying. Penelope loved her job though. ”Oh stop. You’re acting like I have my head in the clouds.” With a small smile, she brushed a pen behind her ear and stacked up the necessary paperwork that still needed to be filled out for Ashanti’s father. Aaron snuck up behind her and snatched the latte from her hand. ”Come on now. You should be excited to be in the presence of Doctor Derek Tessler.” Penelope had heard many things about this man. For the most part they’ve done the same practices. The only difference was, he was head of Oncology. Penelope was a part of that branch, but she was also a registered doctor for children with certain disabilities, even comas. Although she preferred not to, doing surgery was under her list of duties too. ”I’m sure he’s…something.” With a roll of her eyes, the 5’6” female walked into the room.

She didn’t want to interrupt a nice family moment. They hadn’t noticed her in the room yet. She smiled to herself, thinking about her own son’s and their reaction to prom. One word described them well: cocky. "Dad, I think if I take summer courses, I can graduate early." "Are you sure? I mean, what about prom and stuff?" She could hear the slight concern in his voice. "Don't you girls, like… like that stuff?" SOLID proof this man knew nothing about teenage girls. She placed a few empty vials on the side of the bed. She’d have to run tests on Ashanti. As much as she wanted to straight out label what she had as anorexia…it was much more than that. The faster she figured it out the healthier the younger female would become. "Doc!" She said, waving the beautiful woman over. Penelope gave a welcoming smile. "I want you to meet my dad." It only lasted for a few seconds before the female was placing paperwork in his hands. ”It’s nice to meet you. Please, come with me.” She led him out the room, and closed the door behind them. Ellie didn’t like the way their father looked at that woman. "Daddy, mom would make sure to handle this quickly," Ellie said as they walked out. c**k blocking for sure. ” I’d like to test your daughter to make sure she’s taken care of properly. We don’t want to release her if she…you know develops anything unexpected.”

The two nosy nurses not too far from them kept glancing at the two. Aaron ran over now. ”Excuse Doctor Cruz. She hasn’t had enough caffeine. By the way your ex-husband called. Two boys and a troublesome daughter headed your way.” She gave him a look that sent him walking away quietly and quickly. ”Ignore him. Like I was saying…every child in this wing gets my undivided attention. Once you sign the paperwork, I can do my job.” Shortly after her sentence was completed, Johnathan began messing with his mother. ”Supri- wait is that Ashanti?” He brushed his hair back before giving a small wave. Eyes were burning into the back of his skull with their somewhat, probably overprotective father. ”Hello…sir.” ”Hijo, my office. NOW.” She watched him walk off, before looking at Derek. ”I hope you’re not done for the day. I’m thinking at around…4:50 which is exactly one hour and thirty minutes, we can sit down and review her test results.” Two nurses walked in to take blood as they spoke. One held a tray of water and what looked like a Panini.

”By the way Doctor Tessler, my eyes are up here. I’m not Brenda, sir.” One of the nurses handed her another chart while passing. ”I’ll be around if you need me. Once you fill this stack out hand it to Carla. She’ll put them on Ashanti’s file.” The female looked into his eyes. ”Ashanti is just going through a lot of pent up emotions. She’s acting up because she’s lost someone irreplaceable. For the most part – having a few friends to come and visit, or just you and your other daughter’s presence alone can make her feel good enough to possibly eat something.”

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

Dr. Cruz, to say the least, was perhaps the most beautiful woman he had seen inside of the hospital. "Daddy, mom would make sure to handle this quickly." Derek turned around and gaze his daughter a quick frown before turning back towards Doctor Cruz. Upon following her out of the room, Derek couldn't help but watch her hips sway. He wanted to dance with her just by the way her hips moved across the room. She commanded the room. And that sent shivers up Derek's spine. He wondered why he had never spotted her before. However, Derek snapped out whatever fantasy he was clinging onto at the sound of his daughter's voice which reminded him quickly of his wife's influence. Derek looked at the papers that Doctor Cruz held and pulled his glasses out in order for him to look over the paperwork. In a voice as smooth as honey, Doctor Cruz said, "I’d like to test your daughter to make sure she’s taken care of properly. We don’t want to release her if she…you know develops anything unexpected.” At this moment, the Doctor Tessler and Daddy Tessler merged into one. It was hard for him to contain his complete worry for the well-being of his eldest child, "What else could she possibly have?" Derek questioned as he looked up at her.

The introduction of Aaron into Derek and Penelope's conversation made him feel shameful for some reason. At the sudden utterance of Penelope being divorced, Derek felt as if their private conversation was some sort of secret tryst between them. They both were, incidentally, single. It was a weird feeling but he shook it off by allotting Aaron a genuine smile. Derek nodded and opened his mouth to speak but once again, a young man interrupted his conference with the lovely Doctor Cruz. The boy dared speak his ill daughter's name and Derek couldn't help but feel the over-protective father he tried so hard not to be exert himself into the situation. "Hello, young man." said Derek. He had noticed his attempt at becoming suave and collected for the chance at Ashanti and it ignited something he had tried to murder since the passing of his wife. He couldn't be the controlling father he was before since there was no one to balance out his strict control. Ashanti blushed slightly as she found comfort in the worksheets before her. "How do you know Jonathan?" Ellie said as she quickly began to fix her hair and sit up straighter. "We're in the same grade," said Ashanti with an air of excellence trailing her words. "Plus we have gym together." She said as she looked back down at her sheets. She smiled softly and it made Eleanor only the more irritated with the events going on before her. She rolled her eyes and slumped back in her chair when she saw Jonathan being told to leave.

"I hope you’re not done for the day. I’m thinking at around…4:50 which is exactly one hour and thirty minutes, we can sit down and review her test results.” said Penelope and Derek's plans all seemed to float away into the cold hospital air. "No, Ellie and I are going to stay for a while and have dinner with Ashanti." Derek explained as his eyes were still fixated on Doctor Cruz instead of the incredibly thick packet of paper's he held in his hand. He was sure to get carpal tunnel with all of the signing he would be going through tonight. Derek's eyes followed the two nurses as they walked over to Ashanti. Derek could instantly see the sudden change of her mood. He wished Yvonne was here to take over. To take control of what was going on. Because he couldn't. It was all too much. Derek hadn't noticed his eyes were attached to Doctor Cruz's bosom until she corrected him. He instantly felt ashamed and began to rub his temples as a way to mask his stare down with the woman's incredible chest. "I wasn't - I'm sorry," said Derek as he took a deep breath and opened his eyes. "I'm sorry, it's just a lot." He said before she spoke, "”Ashanti is just going through a lot of pent up emotions. She’s acting up because she’s lost someone irreplaceable. For the most part – having a few friends to come and visit, or just you and your other daughter’s presence alone can make her feel good enough to possibly eat something.” She had all the answers unlike Sway. Derek couldn't help but apologize with another smile.

"I'm not hungry!" shouted Ashanti as the nurse attempted to slide the food towards her. Ashanti flipped the plate over and it landed on top of Ellie's paper and knocked the water bottle she had brought with her over and onto the work. "Dammit," said Derek, realizing just how much damage control he would have to do in this moment. "I don't care about the blood but I'm not eating that!" She said as she pointed to the mess that was now going into a trash can provided by Derek's quick thinking. He pushed the entire mess into the trash and gave Ellie a quick pat on the shoulder to which she shook off and headed off in the direction of the nearest restroom. "Baby, you have to eat something." said Derek as he looked at her. "What have you eaten today?" he questioned as he sat down and encouraged her to the same. He absentmindedly pulled a chair out for Doctor Cruz who he assumed was still beside him. Ashanti sat down with a look of discomfort across her face. "I had a whole bowl of strawberries and I ate a yogurt." Ashanti said a bit disgusted at her own words. "That was at seven this morning, Doctor Tessler." The nurse intervened causing Ashanti to roll her eyes. "If you could get another from the vending machine, what would it be?" said Doctor Tessler with a bright yet defeated smile across his face. Ashanti noticed his sadness and took a deep breath, "They have ham and cheese sandwiches," she said as she began to smile. "I'll eat half if you eat the other like mommy used to do." Derek smiled at his daughter as he stood. "I will definitely do that with you, Shanti." He said as he began away from the table.

He walked with Doctor Cruz by his side. "She was the happiest child in the world. She used to eat french fries by the pound," he said slightly amused as he put two dollars into the machine. "I will do anything you ask, I will help with anything, just as long as I get my child back." Derek's gaze was interrupted when a small child walked over to the pair and Derek couldn't help but smile as he saw the resemblance between the two females. "I can see family is important to you, so I understand you'll do everything to help mine." He said with a smile.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Penelope didn’t want to jinx the Tessler family. It was protocol to handle things thoroughly and quickly. Seeing worry in his eyes felt disheartening. ”They have traces of cancer running through their family members. It’s not something people tend to think about, but being so weak might make your daughter susceptible to something we overlook.” She tapped on the stack of paperwork. ”That’s why I need you to fill these out.” Although the interference of her son was short, she could see him stirring a few pent up emotions in Doctor Tessler. Ellie fumbled with her phone, continuing to text her friends. She’d rather be with them, then see the one boy that made every girl swoon – look at her sister. ”Wait, why is he here?” The younger, darker skinned girl got up and looked through Ashanti’s chart. It wasn’t like the nurses cared. ”Oh my gosh. Look! He’s your doctor’s son. And…they live not too far away from us. It’s vital for our thirst levels. Those boys are nearby. It’s detrimental since our father couldn’t stop watching that lady walk away. Don’t you find it sick?” Carla realized that Ellie was the sister with a big mouth. ”Ashanti says a lot about you. Mostly all good things. Doctor Cruz is a nice woman.”

While Carla was trying to clear her good name, Penelope was still discussing a few things amongst Anastasia’s father. "No, Ellie and I are going to stay for a while and have dinner with Ashanti." Derek explained. ”Good, good.” Luckily Penelope kept what she had to say short and sweet. There were other patients, mostly bratty ones that made her b***h and whine to the parents. The nurses were tending to Ashanti with care. While Derek followed their exact movements she analyzed him. Not in the romantic sense. ”Trust me. Everything will be okay. Maybe not if you stare me down like that again; or watch me walk away. Men that do it have to at least buy me dinner first,” She waited a few seconds before laughing at her own words. ”You have strong teenage girls. Don’t doubt that.” "I'm not hungry!" shouted Ashanti. Penelope snapped back into Doctor Mode as she ran into the room. Justin, her coma patient was taken care of by someone else for the time being. "I don't care about the blood but I'm not eating that!" Doctor Cruz looked through her chart while leaning on the chair to stand upright. Ashanti needed to eat right now. Hearing that she preferred another option was shocking. ”This is great…wow.” As shocked as she was, Penelope followed Doctor Tessler out the room.

"She was the happiest child in the world. She used to eat french fries by the pound," he said slightly amused. Penelope chuckled. ”I can imagine. Later on we might try that. Ashanti is willing to try as long as you’re next to her.” "I will do anything you ask, I will help with anything, just as long as I get my child back." Before she could respond, another kid popped out of the woodwork. – Pause – Right now, as the small girl approached, Ellie was aimlessly walking around. Johnathan accidentally bumped into her. ”You know it’s bad to walk and text don’t you?” He laughed, giving his charming smile, alongside her. ”I’m actually going in the same direction. I’m not sure if your dad will kill me though.” As they got closer, a familiar voice was heard. Although Jessica was a year or two younger than Ellie, she was in a rush to grow up. She looked at the man in front of her before her mother. ”I’m sorry, I’m just wondering how you can stand being with this woman for so long.” Jess walked off to Johnathan and what appeared to be a girl from school. A new friendship will arise pretty soon.

Penelope brushed her hair back, deep in thought. ”Yeah, family.” She snapped right back to her powerful demeanor. ”Thirty minutes, your office? Test results should be done shortly.” Her kids rarely showed their faces in this hospital. She wondered why today was so special. ”Jess, Johnathan. My office. Tell Lucas too.” Johnathan was quick on his feet; it was Jess that never listened. As much as she wanted to be tough, the female felt a plead coming on. ”Please Jessica. I can always send you right back to your father. I have no tolerance for this.” The young girl turned around and followed her brother. Finally, they left her to doing her job. For the most part, she was headed downstairs for her Starbucks break, and she needed the only thing that helped her cope. A big slice of cheesecake. Anyone that knew Doctor Cruz, understood her obsession with the combination. Although whenever her kids came around she sprung for the chocolate cake dusted cheesecake with chocolate crust. // Ashanti smiled when her father walked into the room. Ellie was by her side. ”Finally! I was beginning to think you forgot about me.” Ellie put her feet up on the table. ”Daddy, after you’re done I want chocolate cake from downstairs. Shanti I can’t wait til you can eat the good stuff again. ”

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

Derek approached the table which was surrounded by both his daughters. Ellie's relaxed behavior was enough to calm Derek's worries. He couldn't have another melt down with her. Derek smirked as he sat the sandwich down and looked at Ashanti who seemed slightly dissatisfied. "What's wrong, Ti?" Derek questioned with a soft, reassuring smile. "Is it not ham?" He questioned as he began to unravel the sandwich. Eleanor sat up in her seat and cupped her mouth as if she was about to whisper. It was the opposite. In a rather loud, interrupting manner she spoke, "She doesn't want to eat it." She slumped back in her seat and rolled her eyes. "We should really go get this cake, dad. I'm actually hungry." Ellie rolled her eyes as she became developed in her phone again. "It's not that she's not hungry," spoke Carla as she continued looking over one of Ashanti's charts. She looked at Derek and pointed to the package of documents he had been handed. Derek nodded his head and began to sign away. He made sure to read some of the pages that Doctor Cruz had flagged for him to read carefully. "Her body is telling her it's not okay for her to eat." Carla said as she walked over to the Tessler table. "I'll eat it." Ashanti said as she took one side of the sandwich. "If it's bothering you so much, El." Said Ashanti as she sighed. "Be sure to allow it to digest. We know you don't like your food to actual convert into energy." Said Ellie with a smirk only to have Ashanti chuckle. "I see biology is working well." She said as she looked up at Derek who had put his glasses on to further his reading and signing. "You can do it," Carla motivated as she stood beside Ashanti and rubbed her back. Ashanti smiled as she took a deep breath and bit into the sandwich. At first her body enjoyed it but it took some time for her to actually allow it to pass down her throat. "Can I get some water, Carla?" asked Ashanti as she looked up at the nurse. Carla gave Ashanti a sympathetic smile as she turned away and grabbed the girl some water.

"Don't you dare." Eleanor said as she saw her sister getting ready to puke the food back up. "Eat." Eleanor said as she looked at Ashanti. Ashanti couldn't help but to bite the sandwich another time as the water was placed back down before her. "I gotta go," said Derek as he looked up from the sheet. "I gotta go get some coffee and I'll be right back," he said as he stretched. "What's the matter dad?" Ashanti asked as she began to take the other side of the sandwich. Carla, Eleanor nor Derek chose to speak about what she was doing but rather just allow it to continue to happen. "I figure if I'm going to be up all night reading this handout I need some type of energy." Derek smirked as he began away from the table. He stopped and turned around and looked at Ellie. "Chocolate cake." He said with a smile as he winked at his daughter before once again heading towards the elevators so he could get to the first floor of the hospital and the starbucks inside of it.

"Afternoon, doctor Tessler." spoke a female as Derek walked. He turned around and smiled at the receptionist before he continued his stroll down the hospital and towards the Starbucks. He got in line before quickly recognizing the tall Latina woman waiting in line. Derek smirked as he walked up to her. "If I was conceited, I'd think you were following me," said Derek with a smile as he looked at the woman. "You have beautiful children, by the way." He said as he folded his arms across his chest. "Do you share custody?" Derek said as he looked at her. "And before you ask how I know you're divorced, my daughter told me." He said with a small smile. "And you're not marrying a ring." He said as they both advanced in the line. "If you don't mind me asking," said Derek as he looked at her, '"How can you deal with so much strife happening to these children? It's hard enough for me to deal with my girls and you have to deal with other's people's children and their problems, how?"

"I need to weigh myself," said Ashanti as she looked at Carla. "I feel as if the sandwich is going straight to my thighs." The thin girl said as she stood up and looked at her small frame. "Shanti," said Eleanor with a frown. "You're like a stick." She said as she rolled her eyes. "That sandwich didn't do anything but stop you from fainting." She said as she looked up from her phone and towards the incoming crowd of people. In tow of the young woman, Jessica were her two brothers Johnathan and Lucas. Eleanor instantly corrected her posture in the chair and crossed her legs after tossing her hair to one side of her face. "Be cool." Eleanor threatened her sister who rolled her eyes and grabbed the bottle of water and quickly began to sip on it. "Whoa, whoa," said Johnathan as he saw the worry in Ashanti's eyes and quickly walked to her side. "Are you alright?" he said placing his hand on hers. She chuckled as she wiped a small droplet of water from her chin. "I'm fine, just thirsty." She said with a smirk. Anger was clear and present on Eleanor's face as Ashanti stood up. "I can walk with you." Johnathan said as he looked at her. "Damn, Johnny, thirsty much," Lucas said as he shook his head. "I'm about to go to the recreational room, you're welcome to join me." Ashanti's words were centered to the rest of the group but Johnathan took special interest in her words. He walked alongside her involved in a conversation about what sports Ashanti was looking forward to playing in college.

Eleanor just sat the table angry with Jessica at her side and Lucas across from the pair. "It's going to be impossible for them to like each other, you know." Jessica said as she looked over at Eleanor. "But which would you prefer, them or our parents?" She asked with a serious look on her face. Eleanor's facial expression lightened and Jessica smiled, "Thought so."

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Penelope toyed with her name tag waiting for her cheesecake and coffee. There was nothing else that’d keep her awake besides the heavenly goodness. "If I was conceited, I'd think you were following me," Hearing the deep voice startled her for a second. She barely knew anyone with the same break as her…except Dr. Tessler who was here on Daddy duty. ”And if I were conceited, I’d think you were flirting with me.” She shook her head with a smug expression before moving up in line. She guessed the conversation didn’t stop there. "You have beautiful children, by the way." Penelope smiled for a moment or two. ”Thank you. You have beautiful children as well.” "Do you share custody?" At first, Dr. Cruz was taken aback by the question. Derek must have caught on by her facial expression. "And before you ask how I know you're divorced, my daughter told me." He said with a small smile. "And you're not wearing a ring." Penelope let out a nervous chuckle. ”I can see you’ve done your research.” Luckily it was her turn to order, so there would be time to think about these questions.

The woman behind the counter smiled genuinely. ”I know what you want love. What about this man over here? Is that Dr. Tessler?” The broad must have been seventy or so and she was trying to fix up before he stood beside her. As Derek ordered, Penelope slipped a twenty on the counter to cover the two. ”Don’t worry Frances. He’s still single.” The older woman blushed, laughing way too hard. ”I’ll call up your numbers when your coffee is ready.” The cake was automatically handed to them. Penelope grabbed a table not too far away. "If you don't mind me asking," said Derek as he looked at her, '"How can you deal with so much strife happening to these children? It's hard enough for me to deal with my girls and you have to deal with other's people's children and their problems, how?" ”I don’t really like to talk about my personal life, Derek. But I will answer your questions. I am divorced. My ex-husband said I was unfit to be a mother because I chose to work and try to create a better life for my kids. I guess the court saw it that way too…” It was hard not getting sad when thinking about it. Her true emotions didn’t show. ”How can I deal with it? What do you mean how can I deal with it?” She looked into his eyes. ”Dr. Tessler, each patient is like my own child. I never had a chance to be a mother. With a lazy husband that chose to put bad thoughts into my babies heads. What would you do if you came home every night and had your children asking why you didn’t love them?”

Frances brought their coffee over for them. ”Thanks love.” Penelope had lost her appetite. ”Not one child deserves to be sick, or have cancer, or anorexia. Ashanti is one of my sweethearts. She’s an open book. There have been things she hasn’t even confided in you because she misses her mother so much and that kills me. Sometimes my co-workers think I’m doing too much, but I didn’t take this job just to make thousands. What do I look like?” She couldn’t help tapping the side of her cup out of mixed emotions. After tossing her hair up in a ponytail, Penelope pulled out a few files. ”Ashanti was progressing fine up until a day or two ago. Cancer runs in your late wife’s side of the family and…we noticed a polyp that’s simply progressing to become a tumor. The stack of papers you’ve signed will allow me to put her under as soon as possible to remove it. She’ll still be here for quite some time so she can regain her appetite back and we want to monitor her health of course.” ’Doctor Cruz, Code Blue. Doctor Cruz, CODE BLUE.’ Penelope began rushing. She left her cake and coffee on the table untouched. ”Cardiac Arrest, s**t.” The female sprinted to and up the stairs since the elevator took ages to get to her floor. Apparently a child with weak lungs began coughing up blood and immediately went into cardiac arrest.

While she went to work, the teens were doing what they did best. Act like complete fools and attempt to swoon one another over. "Whoa, whoa," said Johnathan as he saw the worry in Ashanti's eyes and quickly walked to her side. "Are you alright?" he said placing his hand on hers. There was something about Ashanti that always grabbed his attention. She was different…the female never tried hard whenever she was with him. Johnathan practically followed her like a lost puppy into the next room as they continued their conversation. "Damn, Johnny, thirsty much," Lucas said as he shook his head. The younger male was given a middle finger. "I'm about to go to the recreational room, you're welcome to join me." Ashanti's words were centered to the rest of the group but of course the other three became disgusted with the two. Johnny was relieved to leave his siblings behind. ”So, are you getting better? That…dance is coming up and it’ll be sad not to see you go.” It was one of those seasonal events solely invented so high schools never go broke. Go figure. ”Your team misses you by the way. Everyone always tells me to come and swoop you back on the field.” He gave a small smile, before walking towards the vending machine. ”Would you like anything?” Meanwhile, the others were conjuring up some thoughts. "It's going to be impossible for them to like each other, you know." Jessica said as she looked over at Eleanor. "But which would you prefer, them or our parents?" She asked with a serious look on her face. Eleanor's facial expression lightened and Jessica smiled, "Thought so." Lucas woke up quick hearing this. ”So…you actually want your dad to get with my mom? That’s gross. All my friends stare down her throat…” He gave a yuck expression before slipping his phone out. ”Eleanor why does it even bother you so much? You’re beautiful too you know...”

Eleanor wouldn’t be able to react to him with Johnny running back into the room. ”I called my mom but your sister…she just…” From his expression…what happened was definitely a call for surgery. Penelope was being pulled several ways today. ”I need you to prep him! Surgery, get Doctor Leslie.” Ashanti was next to grab her undivided attention. ”Okay Ashanti. I need you to talk to me, okay. What’s the matter?” As big as Eleanor’s mouth was, she wasn’t able to watch. ”It hurts. My stomach hurts.” The fact she was still weak and there had been a developing tumor inside her lower stomach was a problem. ”Carla! Get her ready. We need to operate and remove the tumor. I need her to eat.” ”But Doctor Cruz…she won- Johnny only saw that look from his mother once. And it was deathly. ”Alright. I’ll IV it or something.” Eleanor became hesitant walking up to her. ”Will she be okay? I mean, this isn’t life threatening right?” Penelope was too busy trying to find Ashanti’s folder. ”Yes. Everything will be fine. Johnny, Lucas go eat something. Tell your father to come get you I probably won’t be home.” She chose not to look at their disappointment. "Typical…right? " ”Dad can we all go down the street for pizza. I can’t be here for this again.

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

Derek was listening intently. He was swayed by Penelope's passion and confidence in her words. He knew many doctors but not many who were this invested in the people they treated. Derek, being an oncologist, saw more death and heartache than he would have preferred to see but never in a child. Derek felt he wasn't emotionally equipped to deal with the pain of losing a child to such a horrible, conniving disease. When Penelope mentioned the fact that Ashanti might develop cancer from a polyp that she inherited from her mother's side of genetics it was no way he could hold back his obvious depression. It was if she had a death note. And it suddenly dawned on him that it would be best to get Eleanor a biopsy as well, just in case. He opened his mouth to speak but Dr. Cruz's pager went off alerting her (and everyone in the small cafe) that a patient was in critical condition. Derek couldn't help but jump up and follow her out of the Starbuck's concession area they were in. He rushed alongside of her and when they made it to the floor he quickly began to help with whatever he could.

Derek had been a regular physician before going after his PhD in the studies of cancer. He had operated in emergency rooms everywhere in this damn city until he finally figured out that he didn't have the stomach to see so much sickness and horror. He opted out for something more personal and not as bloody - half the time. "We need oxygen!" Derek shouted as the boy was rushed and Derek was by his side. Derek placed his oxygen mask over his face and began to pump the bag as they walked. "Call Dr. Wilson, he's great with pediatric surgery and is skilled in heart palpitations!" Derek offered his advice as the boy was quickly pulled into an operating room. He looked down at his shaking hands and knew the adrenaline was coursing through his veins for a reason. He actually missed this, as bad at it sounded. He missed the hustle and bustle of a regular day in a hospital. He took a deep breath as he turned around and walked back to the center where his children were located. He spotted Eleanor first lingering beside Dr. Cruz, attempting to see what was going on with her sister.

Derek's heart fell to his a**. He rushed to his daughter's side with fear present in his eyes. "What's wrong, what happened?!" He demanded with harsh tones coated with fear. "Surgery?" Derek heard Dr. Cruz say and he shook his head with obvious worry. He lost Mrs. Tessler that way and didn't want it to happen again. He was being irrational but what else could he do. "What are the chances it's not a polyp and just an appendix about to burst? What if you cut her open and it bursts and she dies." Derek said with the last word lingering on the tip of his tongue. He looked at his daughter who had began dozing off. "Ashanti, stay with us, please." Derek said only to have Nurse Carla place a hand on his shoulder. "She'll be find, Dr. Tessler." The woman said with a soft, light voice. "Dr. Cruz knows exactly what she's doing, sir." She said as she began to pull him to the side to allow Dr. Cruz to rush her into the operating room with others and prep her. "What if she doesn't return? What if I lose her like I lost Yvonne? I'm not prepared for this. I won't be able to live." He realized as he continued to speak to her.

"Nothing's going to happen that God won't control," said Carla once she noticed his cross on his chain. "You have to live for Eleanor, regardless of anything." She said as she looked around. "Where is she anyway?"

"I'm just tired of everything being about Ashanti." said Eleanor as the kids sat down to eat. "Everyone sees her as the beautiful, smart, athletic one and I'm a damn sack of potatoes." She said as she picked up a piece of pizza. "You're not a sack of potatoes." said Luke. Eleanor gave him a soft smile as she bit into the pizza. "You're beautiful." He said and Jessica rolled her eyes. "You should be lucky you have a sister." She said as she looked at her plate. "It's hard growing up with two meat headed athletes." Eleanor smiled as she looked at her plate. It was hard to be happy to have Ashanti as a sibling but she wouldn't trade it for the world - especially not right now when they all needed each other the most.

ooc: it's booty. i know. my bad.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Both Dr. Tessler and Dr. Cruz felt the adrenaline pumping through their veins. Unlike the thrill he was getting, Penelope felt scared. She’d never admit that she was, but this girl meant the world to her father and for the polyp to react this way could lead to future complications if they weren’t careful removing it. Ashanti kept dozing off, trying to concentrate on what was happening to her. For some reason the young female wasn’t in control of her body. Carla was replaced by Dr. Cruz. She had to find a way to force feed Ashanti without damage. Her body was too weak to sustain any kind of procedure. Her blood levels were high from the water she must have been substituting over those grilled cheese sandwiches. While the nurses continued to prep, Penelope guided Derek to her office not too far away on the same floor. ”Look. I need you to trust me. Ashanti is in great care, and I won’t let anything happen to her. We caught this early, remember? Don’t worry about this, and certainly try not to think about your ex-wife.” Penny had to think about what she said for a split second. ”I mean, try not thinking about your wife because it’ll worry you a lot more…than if- you know what I mean.“ The female trailed off and stood quietly waiting for his reaction.

Lucas kept gazing over at Eleanor. Yes. Like a creep. Even Jessica had to point it out. ”And you called Johnathan thirsty. HA.” He rolled his eyes refraining himself from saying anything crazy. ”Whatever. Shut up and eat your cheese slice. Plain Jane.” Jess giggled at his retort. ”Don’t worry about Ashanti. People will always look at her more because she’s your older sister. That means that you can certainly get away with a lot more. Like tonight.” The slightly younger female smirked, before biting down on another fresh slice. Lucas shook his head. ”What could we possibly do?” Jessica pulled out her phone. ”Damn. Since none of us are seventeen I guess we have to rent this movie on demand at home. Well our house. You have nothing else to do anyways Eli. It’s Friday after all.” Pretty soon a four day weekend would be coming up in school. And after that a full week of relaxation. The perks of public school systems. ”Would you be down? Jessica will probably invite Khloe from next door so you won’t feel as weird…” ”Yeah, she’s a year older than I am; you’ll have two crazy girls to keep your mind off of Ashanti. I’m sure your father won’t mind.” It only took close to an hour for the procedure to be done anyways.

AN HOUR LATER

Penelope stared into space as she leaned against the back counter in the large room. At the moment, Ashanti was being brought up to seventh floor recovery. The Anesthesia was going to take another half hour to wear off and she’d begin to wake up. For the most part, the procedure was complicated and scary. Each child Penelope cared for became a part of her. And the only thing that determined whether that child lived was God. Ashanti was going to have severe abdominal pain for a while. Carla snapped her out of it. ”Hey, Dr. Cruz, we need you out there. Derek is in the waiting room and you should brief him personally. We can’t take him to recovery yet.” She groggily removed her gloves, washed her hands, and rid herself of any bloody scrubs. When she made her way over to him, Penelope plastered a smile on her face.”She will be okay Derek. Don’t freak out on me. Only twenty minutes and Ashanti will be up picking out what food she’ll want to eat. After a procedure like this, she’ll have to." Penelope let her hair fall down instead of keeping it in her usual ponytail. " I went in and cut the polyp off. I made sure I stopped internal bleeding. You just have to trust me to do my job right and we can move on to the next step.” She continued to walk, hoping he'd join her. "I can't take you to Ashanti yet. Can I get you coffee or takeout...something, anything? You look worried, panicked."

Eleanor, Lucas, Jess, and Khloe were laughing their butts off to Chris Rock's new movie. There was so much crazy s**t happening. "AH! I can't breathe. Khloe, can you go up to my room and get me some water. I need to run to the bathroom." They were at Penelope's place watching on demand movies and putting it on her bill. Dr. Cruz lived a lavish lifestyle. Even though Jessica felt a certain way about her, she still kept a room just in case their father dropped them for his goodie two shoes wife. "Sure," the natural red head did as she was asked. That left Lucas and Eleanor to themselves.
      User Image

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

An hour rolled by and Derek was sitting out in the waiting room. He held a cup of coffee and couldn't help but swirl the drink around. His eyes peaked up and he spotted Penelope on her way over to him. He stood to his feet taking a deep breath before she relayed the message. ”She will be okay Derek. Don’t freak out on me. Only twenty minutes and Ashanti will be up picking out what food she’ll want to eat. After a procedure like this, she’ll have to." Cruz said as Derek allowed another relieved breath to pass through his lungs. He leaned against a wall as he looked at her. "How'll the procedure go though? Was everything okay?" Derek hastily questioned as she let down her hair. He couldn't lie about the fact she looked gorgeous allowing the long brown locks to serpent around the curves of her beautiful face, neck, and shoulders. "I went in and cut the polyp off. I made sure I stopped internal bleeding. You just have to trust me to do my job right and we can move on to the next step."

Derek watched as she began to walk and he joined her. He put his hands in his pocket as he looked at her before she spoke again, ""I can't take you to Ashanti yet. Can I get you coffee or takeout...something, anything? You look worried, panicked." She offered with a sweet, calming voice. He was slightly afraid to abandon Ashanti. He didn't know if she would wake up and wonder where he was and it hurt. But he knew she was unaware of the world but did that make it better? Derek chose not to fret over it any more and he gave her a side smile. He definitely wouldn't deny the date she was attempting to hold. He nodded before sighing. "Chinese would be great." He said as he looked at her. "Shall we continue to your office?"

Eleanor looked up as Jess and Khloe skipped off in two different directions. She shrugged and yawned a bit before turning and looking at Lucas. His eyes were focused on her and she couldn't help but bite her bottom lip. "Are you afraid?" Lucas questioned as Eleanor tilted her head to the side in question of his words, "Of your sister getting worse?" Lucas said as he moved closer to her. Eleanor shrugged her shoulders at him and licked her lips. "I'm scared my father will never recover if she doesn't get better." Eleanor said as she looked up at Lucas. His hand settled on her's and she suddenly noticed how close he had gotten. She was bit jilted but felt instantaneously calm. "I know how you're feeling," he said as he stroked her palm before she began to outline his fingers against the couch, "Johnny got hurt in soccer and it just hurt me to the core." He said before looking up. "I can help you." His head tilted to the side and he kissed her. Eleanor readily accepted as she placed her hand on his cheek. It was an innocent kiss and she kissed him back before pulling away. "Johnny," she said softly before opening her eyes and seeing the sadness on his face. He pulled away before standing to his feet. "It's always him, no matter what" He shook her hand off as he left the living room and headed to the kitchen. "Luke.." She groaned as she watched depart. "F*ck!" She groaned aloud before covering her mouth.

"I remember Ashanti's first day swimming," said Derek as he laughed and bit into an egg roll. "She was so fragile and carefree but when it came to water she was petrified. Eleanor was only a baby then but as we sat on the sidelines she began cheering her sister in to get in the water in her own way." Derek sighed before picking up his bottle of water and taking a long swig. "I love both of my daughters as much as Eleanor tries to claim I don't. I love them both so much." He said as he looked at her. He quickly checked his watch noticing how it was around eleven fifteen and he was still at the hospital. He knew he needed to round up Eleanor and head home but not before he got a few minutes with Ashanti. "I guess the nurses all recognize Visiting Hours don't apply to these parents." said Derek as he smiled and recalled how many people were still inside of this part of the hospital visiting their sick children. "I appreciate everything you've done for my daughter and I," said Derek as he sat up in the seat. "I should've met you way before this but I'm glad I'm meeting you now." He said with a smile.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Penelope’s motive was not to get Derek away from his daughter, it was to keep his mind off of the possible things that could go wrong, and to get him off her back. Since he was a head doctor and knew the procedures of treating a patient after surgery, she had to be careful. She didn’t look back until they reached her office. ”Chinese it is. Really, Ashanti is in great care.” The young teen was still knocked out from anesthesia. After placing the order, Carla walked to and from her office giving and receiving signed paperwork and documents for a boy that was being released. Whenever a patient left, it made her feel like her job was worth it. ”In the next few months I might be signing these documents for Ashanti. Fingers crossed.” She yawned for two minutes straight. ”What a long night…”

Jessica and Khloe walked downstairs together from her room. Jessica could feel the tension too. ”Wait. What happened?” Eleanor didn’t notice that her fingers were slowly caressing her lower lip. Khloe giggle. “Wait, did he just kiss you? He’s cute.” Jess shook her head. The short girl wrapped a blanket around her to sit back on the couch. ”Let me guess. He kissed you and you said you liked Johnathan or something?” She and Khloe exchanged glances. ”Do you understand how seriously he takes this? It’s like the relationship between you and Ashanti…just worse. Guys are always competitive…and if one looked better than the other the ugly duckling is doomed. Crap…” She jumped out of the chair and walked into the kitchen. The back door was wide open. “Wow…she must have made him angry. It’s 11:15 PM! Close that before some stranger murders us.” ”Shush. My mom will be home soon! This isn’t good.” Lucas didn’t exactly know where he was going. He figured turning off his phone was just a way to help release steam. They lived in a quiet neighborhood with a large playground down the street. Had he been with his friends, he’d probably end up smoking a cigarette or something. Weed wasn’t for him. ”Why am I so stupid!”

Penelope went right through her orange chicken. Now she was eating an egg roll, just as Derek had. "I remember Ashanti's first day swimming. She was so fragile and carefree but when it came to water she was petrified. Eleanor was only a baby then but as we sat on the sidelines she began cheering her sister in to get in the water in her own way." Penelope couldn’t help but laugh at the cute, genuine story. ”Kids tend to be a lot easier to deal with compared to teenagers. I miss the innocent days too.” It was sweet to hear how much he loved his daughters. Not every father took on this role. As they continued conversing, Johnathan made his way home. ”Whoa!” Seeing all three girls, looking guilty scared him. ”What the hell did you guys do?” ”Our brother ran away after KISSING this girl. And she…well.” He chuckled. ”Well, my a** won’t be on the line for this when mom flips s**t. And…guys talk, specially about pretty girls like yourself Eleanor. My brother probably has a big crush on you.”

Penelope shook her head. ”There’s nothing that can keep a parent away from their child. Especially in this ward.” Carla was getting herself situated to get someone to fill in for Dr. Cruz while she went home. The female felt exhausted. "I appreciate everything you've done for my daughter and I," said Derek as he sat up in the seat. "I should've met you way before this but I'm glad I'm meeting you now." She felt herself smiling more than usual. Instead of replying, Dr. Cruz got up and grabbed Ashanti’s chart. ”Your daughter is probably up.” The woman walked to the door and handed the nurse all the important documents. Jessie, bring Dr. Tessler up to the recovery room. I have to go.” For the most part, Penelope hated letting her guard down in a way that could get her hurt. Especially tonight. // Unfortunately when she got into her car Johnathan called. ”So…mom. Eleanor is at our house, with Jess and the neighbor. Lucas shut his phone off and he ran out. I don’t know where he is and it’s been over an hour.” Penelope didn’t know how to react. ”Tell Eleanor to call her father right now! RIGHT NOW. Ohhhh you boys are going to get it when I get home. Go out there and find him!” Her booming voice was filled with concern. Hopefully after Ashanti Dr. T would be on his way to her house. Eleanor had quite an experience.

Ooc: now she’s on the way to her house; feel free to godmod lmaoooo. Her boys are gonna GET ITTTT
      User Image

DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

Eleanor felt terrible to say the least. She didn't mean to hurt Lucas. She hadn't known what came over her to call him Johnathan. She looked up and around at the Latino's who began to crowd the living room area. She knew she was total blame for what occurred. She stood to her feet before Johnathan spoke about Lucas having a crush on her. She didn't want him, although everything told her she should like him, she liked Johnathan. It was a hell of a love square - if you included Ashanti. "It's all my fault, guys." She muttered as she ran her fingers through her long, straight black hair. She sat back down on the couch and watched as Johnathan called his mother. She winced when he relayed the details of Lucas's departure. She cringed as she heard the Latina's words through the phone. She really did not want to call her father but she knew it would be the only option. She groaned as she began to search for his name in her iPhone and once she pressed the call button, she couldn't help but feel tears well up in her eyes. She knew her freedom would be cut down to almost non-existent.

Derek sat beside Ashanti's bed. Her hand was placed in his and he smiled as he watched his daughter's eyes blink open. She turned her head and looked at Derek. "Stay still, Titi." Derek said as he stood to his feet and moved closer to her bed. "How'd it go?" The sixteen year old asked as she looked at him. Her eyes were still hazy but he knew it was from the morphine coursing through her veins. "It was successful." He said as a tear fell from his eye. He hurt so much standing there looking at his daughter. All he could imagine was his last few days with Yvonne when she was bed-ridden in the hospital. He didn't want anything remotely close to it occurring to his daughters. "You've gotta get better, Ashanti." said Derek as he leaned down to look at his daughter. "I'm trying, daddy." She groaned as she felt sleep starting to compel her. "I promise, I'll do better." She said as she began to close her eyes. "Nurse!" Derek called out only to have Carla appear in the room. "Yes, Doctor Tessler?" She asked as she walked over to the opposite side of the sleeping Ashanti. "Should she be sleeping after this procedure? Was the anesthesia dosage too large?" He questioned only to have Carla smile, "It's perfectly normal. She'll be drifting in and out of sleep for a while, but she's totally fine." She said before Derek's phone began to ring in his pocket. It was Eleanor's. He knew her ring tone by heart.

"Daddy?" said Eleanor with a shaky voice. Derek excused himself as he spoke, "Yes, Ellie, what is it? I'm in Ashanti's room, where you should be." He said as he looked through the blinds at his daughter. "I'm at Doctor Cruz's house." Eleanor winced before Derek began to yell. "What the hell are you doing over there! Why'd you leave the hospital? How long have you been there! Did something happen! What's going on!" He shouted not giving her time to speak but rather time to cry. She wiped her eyes before speaking, "We all just wanted to get out of the hospital and I thought hanging with them was a good idea... Daddy can you just please come and get me." She groaned as she looked down at her hands. Derek gave a long pause as he tried to gather and contain his anger. His daughter could've been doing anything with those little boys and while Ashanti is laying in the hospital sick. Derek was upset to say the least. "What's the address?" He asked. After receiving the address from his daughter, Derek hung up the phone and entered the hospital room. "I have to go retrieve my daughter." Derek said in a solemn voice as he looked at Carla. "If she wakes up, tell her I'll be back as soon as I can." He said before kissing his daughter's forehead and exiting the hospital room in search of his car.

Eleanor sat quietly as Doctor Cruz entered the house. She looked up only for a brief moment to catch a glimpse of the terror and disappointment in her eyes. However, Jess was still sitting beside her beaming of confidence and rebellion. "I mean, it would've turned out better if you were actually here for us." Jess said as she rolled her eyes. "So focused on other people's children you're losing your own." She said before getting up to stand and heading to the staircase. "This is her mess." She said pointing at Eleanor and Johnathan. She continued up the stairs with Khloe in tow before slamming her door. "Ms. Cruz, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have came. I'm sorry." She said as she stood to her feet. She was busy toying with her fingers as she looked at her. "My dad's on the way to get me." She said with a softer voice as she stared at the ground.

ooc: feel free to control derek and his reactions in your post. c;
                                                                                    hope this was enough.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

Penelope made sure she rushed home to deal with whatever happened. She felt scared for some reason. Lucas ran out once before when he was younger. His father said that he was taking custody of all the kids. The small boy took that to heart and freaked out; he ended up making his way downtown – a good thirty minutes away. And now…? Who knows what made him run off. The female made it there in record time. At least her expensive house was still in one piece. She got out her car and ran inside. Upon entering, she could see that Johnathan made sense of everything. ”What the he-“ "I mean, it would've turned out better if you were actually here for us." Jess interrupted as she rolled her eyes. "So focused on other people's children you're losing your own." For her own good, the small girl went towards the staircase. "This is her mess." She said pointing at Eleanor and Johnathan. Jess continued up the stairs with Khloe in tow before slamming her door. "Ms. Cruz, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have come. I'm sorry." She said as she stood to her feet. She was busy toying with her fingers as she looked at her. "My dad's on the way to get me." Ms. Cruz’s eyebrows furrowed. ”Oh sweetheart. Don’t blame yourself. Lucas has done this before. Just take a couple of deep breaths. Come with me.” To attempt making the pre-teen calm down, they went into the kitchen. ”Help yourself to a slice of cake, and whatever drink you prefer in my fridge. I restocked everything for my ungrateful kids…” she half muttered.

While Eleanor was left sulking in her own guilt, Penelope ran upstairs to deal with her headache. Johnathan walked into the kitchen. ”I’m sorry I wasn’t here to prevent anything that happened…” He gave a half smile as he took a seat across from her and put on basketball. Johnathan was surprisingly good even though he never tried out. ”This house is usually insane. My father is getting married to this pre-Madonna so my mom is a bit on edge. My father kind of took us away because she got called into work every night. He never lets us see her. I don’t think my future step mother wants kids.” He snuck out a slice of red velvet cake to snack on. Meanwhile, Penelope barged into her daughter’s room. ”Get out. Khloe go home.” She had a skank facial expression plastered as she flipped her red hair and left the room. ”Jessica Cruz you’ve disrespected me for THE LAST TIME. La próxima vez que suceda voy a dejar sus culo negro y azul. Usted no sabe qué diablos pasó con él! ENTENDERME?” The female was screaming so loud that Johnathan barely heard the door bell ringing. It was Doctor Tessler. ”Hello sir. Welcome to…what seems like hell right now.” Jessica sat back on her bed, tears coming from her eyes after a scolding like that. Penelope closed the door after her and walked downstairs. ”Hi Mr. Tessler. I- look, your daughter didn’t do anything. If it wasn’t for my troublesome kids, she wouldn’t even be in this mess. I’m sorry.” Above the fireplace were a series of awards she had from high school that Derek also attended. ”Dad I’m really sorry…” She could still see he was nerved by everything that happened.

Lucas wasn’t expecting practically everyone to be downstairs when he walked through the door. He didn’t look at Eleanor, that’s for sure. Instead he walked up to his mother and hugged her. Believe it or not she looked like she was about to cry and have a mental breakdown. ” Mamá lo siento. No quise decir a correr de nuevo.” She let out a small giggle. ”You’re still in trouble you know. Go upstairs and clea- Wait.” She held him back and caught the aroma of a cigarette. ”Oh my gosh, my kids really do want to kill me.” Lucas stepped back twice before retreating upstairs. Penelope sighed, before looking at Derek. He was too busy chastising his daughter for being reckless, leaving without permission, and acting selfish while his other daughter lay in bed after surgery. The true father was coming out. She tugged his arm to intervene in another vacant room. Penelope tried to relax when talking to him. ”Really, please don’t blame your daughter. I have to drink in order to get whatever my children have done today out my head. Eleanor is just feeling a little neglected because Ashanti is the one getting attention. It’s hard, especially for a girl. My son probably feels the same way. Enough to start smoking, and run away again. He feels like Johnathan is better…I don’t know. Boys must be competitive.” She realized her hand was still holding on to his ...really fit arm. He must have been packing, no doubt. Penny removed her hand and sat down on her orange dining room chair. ”Being a parent is hard…” Derek's eyes were fixated on the picture behind her. She played soccer in high school. In fact, she was so good that she made captain of her team and they gave her a solo shot of her making a goal on the field. "What happened? Did you know someone that went to Georgetown High? She face palmed herself. "I'm really rude. Did you and your daughter want anything. I offered her cake but, the sweet girl was probably too scared to eat it."Johnathan burst into the room but was taken aback seeing his mom alone with Dr. Tessler. Even his friends checked her out; and it nerved him. ”Um…I can change the channel right mom?” She nodded, trying not to laugh at this.

Ooc: I HOPE THIS WAS OKAY > o < Georgetown high...I didn't know what to name their highschool. Sorry bae.
DOCTOR DEREK TESSLER !

User Image

Eleanor sat there without any words to express what she was feeling. She felt like it was completely her fault - regardless of the attempts at soothing her minor depression. She gave a sweet smile at Johnathan before the yelling began. She cringed as she heard the words being lashed out again Jess. Now, Eleanor was only taking spanish one but she knew a bit of what Doctor Cruz was yelling at her child. She nearly jumped out of her skin when the doorbell rang. She knew it was her father. She waited as Doctor Tessler was greeted at the door by Johnathan. "Hello sir. Welcome to…what seems like hell right now." Derek wasn't amused. He looked at the boy with a hint of frustration and anger. He knew what young boys could be up to. And he also knew Eleanor was a hurting, confused child. No wonder what could've happened here which had Doctor Cruz upset - but what he didn't believe was anything remotely naughty happened. Eleanor was confused but she wasn't a dumb kid. At the sight of Penelope walking down the stairs he eased his facial expression. ”Hi Mr. Tessler. I- look, your daughter didn’t do anything. If it wasn’t for my troublesome kids, she wouldn’t even be in this mess. I’m sorry.” She said attempting to soothe him as well. He nodded before his eyes fell on Eleanor was walking towards the door. She had tears welling up in her eyes and Derek wasn't fooled by any of it. ”Dad I’m really sorry…” Derek looked at his daughter and then at the Cruz's before the door opened.

Up popped another one of the Cruz clan. Derek assumed the younger girl was upstairs. As the events played out before him he looked at Eleanor who had guilt written all over her face. "Why would you leave the hospital while your sister is in surgery, Eleanor?" Derek said as he turned and faced his daughter. He didn't want to take this out in front of everyone but it had to be said. "What if something had happened, El?" He said with his temperature rising. "Are you trying to kill me?" He questioned as the little girl found it hard not to cry. "You're extremely selfish." He said as he shook his head. "I can't even talk to you right now." He said looking at her. "Go gather your things." Derek said before he was tugged into another room, which he assumed was the den. He looked at Penelope as she tried to soothe hi worries. He was calming down a little bit but Eleanor would definitely be getting scolded when they arrived home. "”Really, please don’t blame your daughter. I have to drink in order to get whatever my children have done today out my head. Eleanor is just feeling a little neglected because Ashanti is the one getting attention. It’s hard, especially for a girl. My son probably feels the same way. Enough to start smoking, and run away again. He feels like Johnathan is better…I don’t know. Boys must be competitive.” Derek took a seat on an adjacent facing chair and took a deep sigh before palming his face. "I just feel like I'm not doing a good enough job with them. Ashanti developed an eating disorder because I was too busy trying to force the death of my wife out of my life via work and Eleanor just feels like the middle child even though she's the baby." He said as he looked up and at the wall above Penelope's head.

"Georgetown high." He thought as he investigated the picture with his eyes. It was Penelope. She was playing soccer. And far in the back he could see himself, in the crowd, with that blasphemous big red starter jacket he used to wear back in his teen years. He looked at her with a sudden look of realization before she offered him cake.

"I went to Georgetown." He said as he looked at her. "I'm actually blurred out in that photo." He managed to say before her son burst in the room asking about the television and then quickly departing. "I didn't know you went to GTH?" He said as he grinned. "I was on the basketball team all four years with varsity in my last three." He said with a smirk. "It's astonishing I don't remember ever seeing you." He said with a smile as he looked back at the picture. "Cause if I had... I would have probably made a move." He smiled.

ooc: idk what this is. lmfaooo. but hopefully it's something.

DOCTOR PENELOPE CRUZ

"Cause if I had... I would have probably made a move." He smiled. Penelope let out a small laugh. ”Probably? Are you saying that I wasn’t as attractive as I am now?” She stood up, and grabbed a bottle of water sitting on a tall decorative table behind her. ”I believe it’s called being thirsty.” Penny handed it to him. ”I can’t believe we went to the same high school. I actually have our senior class yearbook. Wait here.” She wanted to at least cheer him up before he went home to continue scolding his child. While she fetched it, Johnathan walked back into the kitchen with a box of tissues. ”I’m sorry about all of this.” Lucas was in tow. ”I am too…look, I didn’t mean for anything to happen. I-I just got caught up in my feelings.” His boat already sailed with Eleanor. Lord knew it’d take a miracle for them to be together. He didn’t feel like sticking around here once his father got married to his gold digging fiancé. ”If it makes you feel better, Jess is crying as well. I’ve never seen my mom so mad at her. She takes everything for granted…” Lucas scoffed. ”Easy for the older sibling today. Parents always love them more. Eleanor knows.” Instead of hearing his older brother retaliate, the younger male walked off to his room. John remained. ”Ignore him…your father cares about you. I think he just wants to see the both of you get better. My mom does too…you tend to make Carla go a little crazy at the hospital.” He uttered a chuckle.

Penelope came back with the yearbook bookmarked on page three. All the senior pictures were on the first few pages of the book. ”How did I not notice you? You’re the famous Derek all these girls were talking about. It must have been the blue eyes or the curly hair. Either one would’ve had my attention.” Penelope slid the golden book towards Derek. ”GTH…I miss it. I haven’t reached out to anyone in a year. That’s how consuming work can be.” Penelope glanced at the clock. It was almost midnight. ”Seeming as its midnight, I’d invite you to stay over, but you haven’t made it to first base yet.” She waited until he rose. Penelope looked up into his eyes. Although they could have ended the night in a kiss – from the atmosphere going on, she decided to cut the mood. ”Remember, the worst thing you can do is push your child away. I know it’s hard, but Eleanor needs you too. Take it from a mother’s perspective. Try not to be a mean Daddy Tessler. In high school you were exactly like my boys. I mean, I had to direct your eyes up earlier today. It’s natural. Just relax, and sleep tonight.” Penelope had to go in early tomorrow morning to check on Ashanti. Johnathan walked into the room again. ”Eleanor is falling asleep on the couch, and I’m pretty exhausted too.” Penny nodded, escorting Derek to the door.

NEXT DAY

Penelope was up early. Her ex-husband wasn’t the only one stressing her out. He took the kids late last night. There was a possibility he’d drop them off at the hospital while she was on her hour lunch break. The doctors were also aggravated because they were short staffed nurses. Carla didn’t come in until 11AM, and the clock was ticking slowly. Fortunately Eleanor and Derek were always the first family to arrive in the morning. The two were on their way now. Ellie sat in the front seat as Derek drove to a nearby Burger King. She never touched McDonalds after learning what their chicken nuggets were made of. ”Daddy can we talk about this? I’m really sorry. I don’t want you or Ashanti to die. Lucas just kissed me because he thought I liked him – but Ashanti always gets everything she wants! I want Johnathan to like me too. I don’t know how to deal with anything if mom isn’t here to help me. You won’t be able to give me advice, or tell me what’s right and wrong. You’re too overprotective, unless you’re with that doctor. She’s your kryptonite or something.” Eleanor said the last statement in a hushed tone, fearing he’d blow up again. He could have stopped listening after the word “kiss”. // Ashanti hazily opened up her eyes. ”Morning Doctor Cruz. Pardon my French, but you look chaude (hot) today. Hair down, orange dress with that doctor’s coat. What’s the occasion? By the way, will I be okay?” The older woman genuinely smiled. ”Stoppp. Can’t a doctor be pretty too? And you will. Don’t worry love.” ”Can you grab my phone? The passcode is 2342. I need you to call my dad and tell him I miss him and my sister.” Penelope did as she was told. Daddy Derek was surprised he didn’t hear his older daughter’s voice on the other end. ”Ashanti said she misses you and Eleanor. She’s progressing slowly. For right now everything is okay. By the way, there’s a mandatory meeting for all doctors this morning at ten. The teen’s expression had her rolling. ”Stopppp, she laughed. ” DAD I KNOW YOU’RE BUYING MY FAVORITE FRENCH TOAST STICKS!” It was as if the female was returning to her normal funny, quirky, and sassy self. Or at least trying to. It was nice to hear her laughing and craving some kind of food.

ooc: i dont know what this is EITHER. yo, i've been working a lot lately. -___-. Penny got the good good out today. Her ex husband is gonna stop by, prolly invite her to the wedding personally. wedding will prolly be abroad somewhere extravagant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff