Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Lover

Even though she had been watching him Moira was surprised by the touch, but didn't pull away. After a moment of thinking about his words and staring at him she laughed. "I never pictured a demon to err on the side of hope." she admitted, chuckling a bit more at the idea. She didn't know if the idea supplied hope to her as well or if she was somehow touched that someone would go out of their way to off her if it was for her own good. It was a strange thought even for her twisted up world. "Well, I'm flattered, I think." her hand was still at her mouth, still covering up the rare laugh. Nothing was exactly funny anymore, but it was such a rare experience she didn't know for certain how it was supposed to stop. It did, eventually, stop interrupting her.

With a soft sigh she reached for her food again, peeling off the tip of a corn dog to see what was inside of it before taking a bite of the meat. She didn't really care where it came from and while she wasn't too hungry after the conversation's turn Moira knew it was an opportunity she couldn't let go to waste.

"I think I'm lucky more than anything. Lucky to have found your gazebo and lucky to have gotten a job. If I didn't know the stories of this place I'd be dead, if I didn't know how to bake I'd be dead, if I couldn't shoot a gun I'd be dead, if I hadn't met you I'd be dead...well, lot of lucky coincidences." she smiled, grateful for them all, even if death continued to feel like the best option or at least the easiest.

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer's eyebrows rose. A demon. Why did she think he was a demon? But her laughter, and the way she covered up her mouth, as if keeping that rare, joyous sound close and safe, enchanted him, and he moved his hand away from her shoulder to rest his elbow on the table, propping his chin on an upturned palm as he looked at her. When she began to speak again he noted the delicate way she studied her food, images of Paige flashing through his mind. He smiled back at her. "Seeing the positives in your situation is a rare gift. That means you're a survivor. Don't give something as vague and intangible as luck the credit. You're here now because of your strength." He paused for a moment, tapping his jaw with an index finger as he eyed her. "I'm an Angel, by the way."

Hygienic Lover

A survivor, maybe, even with luck she had to take advantage of the situation to make it work for her; the day something fell into her lap was the day she really did get some hope. Though when she thought about it and Moira looked over the literal feast that had appeared in front of her, another tiny chuckle slipped out and he smile grew.

Going back to her corn dog she nearly choked at Lucifer's next statement, she had to swallow a half-finished bite with a grimace so she had a chance to laugh properly. Moira tried to stop it, covering her mouth, shaking her head, apologizing when she had the breath to so she didn't insult the poor man. Every time she repeated the moment in her head though she began to laugh all over again.

"S-Sure, and I'm a kangaroo." Moira shook her head, unable to get rid of her smile no matter how hard she tried. It felt taboo, wrong, but oh so good at the same time. "I shouldn't be...you shouldn't be! Saying the 'A' word like that...though I doubt anyone would be listening way out here." a couple more chuckles, another apology, finally she was catching her breath. "I'm sorry, I just-" she didn't laugh again, but she did have to take a moment to breathe so she didn't start over. She really had to get rid of that image in her head. "This doesn't seem like the place where a rebel would hole up, let alone a real..." she snickered instead of saying the 'A' word herself, using the sound to fill in the blank.

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer watched as she began to laugh with a quizzical expression, though at her next words his fingers began to tap against his jaw faster, brows furrowing. It wasn’t that he disliked her laughter—he didn’t understand it. Neither did Taro Junior for that matter, who was staring at her with wide eyes, one paw lifted in the air as he paused his bath to survey the source of the strange noise.

“It’s what I am. I was loathe to say it in the past because of its Christian mythos but…what? You don’t believe me?” A smile was tugging at his lips, though he wasn’t sure why—even though he liked the sound of her laughter, by all accounts he should at least be irritated. “Eat your corndog, Moira.”

Hygienic Lover

"Christian?" she had learned many things over the years and had some knowledge of Heaven and Hell, but religion was something she knew very little about. Moira knew that some people still practiced them and had literature about them, but both were very dangerous to be around. She didn't want to test her luck even if her curiosity drove her to want to know. She might have luck, or be a survivor, but she didn't need to tempt fate. With a smile and final chuckle she nodded at his order and pulled off another piece of the breading around her meal.

"It isn't like any corn I've ever seen." the bread did have a strange grittiness to it though, not exactly something she favored, but was worth it to get to the meat within. She tried a bite of strictly breading, but in the end decided to continue tearing it off and eating the meat. It wasn't something she would normally do, Moira couldn't afford to be picky, but there was no shortage of food for once in her life. Why not enjoy it?

"And no, I don't believe you're a...thing." better safe than sorry and keep the 'A' word out of it. "One of those wouldn't let people get hurt." she stopped, realizing that he hadn't allowed her to get hurt and gave a dry chuckle. "I mean, lots of people, or starve or, you know what I mean." she tried, blushing as what could have been a well constructed speech fell flat. Taking another bite of the corn dog her eyes widened and she winced, hitting the stick when she wasn't expecting it, but at least no splinters were to be had. Wanting to be on the safe side she just removed the rest of the food from the stick and used her fingers.

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer smiled when the subject easily segued into corndogs. "Have some ketchup," he said, reaching over and squirting the bottle onto her plate. "You dip it," he added, just in case she tried to eat it like a side dish. His unwavering gaze on her softened at the naive words. "My Brothers and Sisters will absolutely let people get hurt. Barring their grand designs, they like to stay as neutral as possible." He rubbed his jaw thoughtfully. "Though I'm surprised they let things get this far." He hadn't thought about it until then. He didn't care.

Hygienic Lover

Moira stared in utter confusion as the ketchup was squirted out, giving a delayed and childish giggle at the sound once the food was on her plate. It was a good thing that further instructions had been given, her first thought was that it was some sort of thickened soup and using a spoon wouldn't have turned out well. Instead she took off a chunk of corn dog, sans corn, and eagerly dipped it in. She didn't hesitate in the least to pop the bite into her mouth, eyes widening at the sharp flavor, but it was good, very good. Quickly gobbling down the first bite she went for another, but the corn dog was gone. Not wanting to continue to eat just one food she looked for another option and spotted a strange sandwich.

At first she thought it was wrapped in pita, albeit yellow, but it was hard to the touch. Curiously she gave the shell a couple of taps, breaking off a piece and realizing that it too was corn, though better than the corn dog in her opinion. Filled with meat, cheese, and what she suspected might actually be vegetables she dipped a corner into the red glob, learning soon after that tacos and ketchup did not mix.

Forcing the bite down and trying to keep as straight a face as possible while doing so, she failed, Moira didn't go back for seconds on the ketchup, gladly washing down the taste with nothing but taco. Once the flavor was gone she picked a chunk of tomato from the messy sandwich, turning it around before holding it up to the ketchup for a comparison. It looked about the same and out of curiosity she took her fork and squished the chunk, a little disappointed it didn't become ketchup simply by that alone.

"Why do you stay in here anyway?" she asked. Dipping the tip of her fork into the ketchup she tasted a bit plain before reaching for a small salt shaker to add to the mashed tomato. "I mean, not that I blame you, but it sounds like it's been awhile since you've gone out."

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer continued to watch her with a small smile on his face, finding her antics adorable. More and more he convinced himself that Paige wouldn't be angry if he kept her, fed her, gave her a warm please to sleep, clean clothes, security. He was sure that Taro Junior wouldn't try to snack on her limbs while she slept--he didn't want to risk his current living conditions. Seeing a dot of ketchup near the corner of her mouth, Lucifer leaned over and wiped it away with his thumb, drawing it back to his mouth and sucking the ketchup away.

"It has been a while," he admitted. He reclined in the chair, lacing his fingers together and resting his hands atop his stomach. "I tried to keep my mortal lineage going for as long as possible. After my wife died, and then my children, that's what mattered. And now they're gone." He didn't want to go into detail about his plans after they died. "Anyway. I think my vacation is coming to a close. Letting the human race die out would be bad for business." He gave a grim smile.

Hygienic Lover

Looking up at the touch Moira watched the drop of red move away on the man's finger and go to his mouth, face lighting up to the tip of her ears as he 'cleaned up'. Ducking her head to try and hide the blush she finished off her taco before returning to some fries, simply nibbling on them as she tried to get as much food as possible into her. She wasn't used to such large meals and was already full to burst, continuing to work on the fries also gave her more of an excuse to keep talking to the man. Civil conversation was a rarity and she found she enjoyed it more than she thought she would.

"So...you're going to do something?" her eyes lit up at the idea and she abandoned her food, staring at Lucifer with ill-contained reverence. "What will you do? Can you really fix it? Maybe other countries are better off, I don't know, but they might be able to help you once they see what you can do." she gestured to the mass of food on the table as she said so.

Buggy Survivor

Enjoying the expression on her face, Lucifer waited a few seconds to reply. “Yes, I’m going to do something,” he said, smile turning fond at her suggestion of other countries helping. “I won’t need help. The demons are mine. And more souls belong to me now than ever before.” Once he would have looked forward to putting them back in their place, watching them scream and claw at the dirt as they were wrenched back into Hell, but he felt almost none of that now. Instead, he felt a deep weight, a numbing exhaustion. The demons would go back to Hell, the humans would rebuild and repopulate, life would go on. It was necessary. “There's no point in delaying it. I’ll start tomorrow.” He looked over her plate. “Dessert?”

Hygienic Lover

As wonderful as dessert sounded Moira was sure that her stomach was stuffed to the brim and even if it wasn't her attention was somewhere else. She was both worried and excited, certain that she was seeing the start of something magnificent.

"That's alright." she leaned forward, eyes never leaving Lucifer as she hoped to discover as much as possible from his expression. It was a difficult task, but at the same time she had a feeling it would have been harder for someone beside herself. "Tomorrow? What will you start, what will happen?" she couldn't help but be worried as well, Moira didn't want to get caught up in trouble now that she had finally met someone worth knowing. "What time will you start."

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer leaned forward as well, elbows resting on the table. “I’m going to begin the exodus, of course. It would be too difficult for humans to rebuild with demons running amok. They’ll go back where they belong. And I’ll go with them.” He thought for a moment. Demons liked the dark—it suited their moods and their activities. He would start when they were more likely to be still and lethargic. “Dawn.” Lucifer cocked his head to the side slightly, examining her face with amusement. “Why do you ask? You’ll stay here where it’s safe. Just don’t touch anything that isn’t already laying out where you can see it.”

Hygienic Lover

"Oh..." all excitement left her when Lucifer admitted that he would go with the beasts. She knew that was the best way to take care of things, if the demons could be gotten rid of in one fell swoop then it would be the best for the entire world; it didn't matter if she felt like she was earning a friend. Still, Moira was devastated and couldn't place why, her eyes even stung.

"Stay here?" she tried to focus on that fact, at least it was something that she could influence. "I-..." she could practically feel a weight settle against her leg where the paper was tucked into her pocket. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts of the invisible demon's threat she offered up a smile. "I can stay in the gazebo." Moira assured him. "I don't want to be in the way and, I mean, everything I own is already in there and tucked away. That's really nice of you though, I mean, if I could, but this will be easier."

Buggy Survivor

Lucifer noted the glisten in her eyes, but chose not to say anything--it confused him, this bond he felt with a strange young woman who he had barely known for a few hours. Maybe she felt it, too. Or maybe it was the wishful thinking of someone who had spent too long alone.

His expression darkened, fingers drumming against his jaw. "Then bring your things inside. Why are you insisting on living there when I obviously want you here?"

Hygienic Lover

Tensing ever so slightly at the change in the man's expression Moira settled her hands into her lap, just watching him for a long while. Head tipped ever so slightly to the side her brows bunched up. "Well...I appreciate that it's what you want, but I can't. It wouldn't be right to force you to accept me as a guest." the young woman smiled. "I'm sure you need to prepare for tomorrow, I don't want to disturb that." she stood with a nod, feeling bad about declining and not wanting to, but she wanted to live; had to live! A revolution was upon the world and she wanted to live to see it. "Can I- I mean...uhm, never mind." she blushed a little, figuring she could check in on him in the morning one way or another. "I'm glad I met you Luc."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff