Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Zack? You're here...."
“Of course I’m here,” he said lightly taking her hand in his and kissing the back of it.

Jeremy lost track of how many mutts he had up against him, he knew there HAD to be at least half a dozen, but since some of them did have the sense to flee after they’ve witnessed him taking so many of their fellows down he couldn’t be sure.
He fought the mutts with all that he was worth, doing what he could to make their deaths as quick and painless as he could, despite how difficult they were making his task. He torn into each opponent who opposed him with fang and claw, but eventually he reached the point where he no longer had a foe to attack. Half a dozen bodies lay around him, and he noted a blood trail leading away from the area, informing him at least one or two fled the battle.
The young alpha had to force himself to shift in order to call in his report, and inform the Seramos what he had witnessed. And as much as he would much rather leave Renata off their radar, he knew he had to let them know that he had found one mutt who had held onto their humanity. He told of how many he had already killed and his guess at how many may have gotten away from him…for now at least.
Once his call was placed her called his pack. They would need all hands on deck to make sure all of this chaos ended tonight and spread no further than this part.
He also added, much to his annoyance, that he needed medical attention…and bad. Now that his battle rush was wearing off he was becoming painfully aware of the damage each mutt inflicted. He dimly was aware that he was not at risk for bleeding out…but he was not foolish enough to think he was still in any fighting condition.
When his pack arrive most of the wolves quickly got to work tracking the mutts Jeremy had fought, and others fanned out to find any ones that had not shown themselves yet.
Only two wolves stayed behind to bring Jeremy to the hospital to be looked over.

"Thank you, Crystal. Did that count as a date?"
Crystal’s hands would be lightly resting over Josh’s, while the witch was a bit shaken up over the unexpected excitement she would be unharmed from the affair. A soft chuckle would escape her at the joke. “If it was, how bout we try to tone things down for the next one eh? Say….a dinner and a movie?”

"Get me out of here... please..."
Mike would hug Lottie back, his embrace strong and protective. He would waste no time answering her plea. “Do you need to grab anything?”

Hazel would be able to answer all of Nik’s questions with ease. The little witch able to point out the name of every herb as well as the best conditions to grow them, how to care for them and all of their various uses.

Kayla was able to feel James’ unease with great ease. She could tell something was wrong even before he got off the phone.
"Ready to go home? I'm definitely walking you now."
“Let me guess, no good news from the call hm?”
“Of course I’m here,”
Beth smiled weakly as Zack kissed the back of her hand, a tingly feeling from there to the tips of her toes. It always amazed her how such a simple touch from her Zack could make her feel so giddy inside.
"Are you okay?" she whispered. "The wolf... I'd never seen a wolf act like that..." Her fingers gripped his hand tightly and her eyes filled with worry. "Did it hurt you?"

((Poor Jeremy))

"You should have called us earlier, Jeremy."
Blu had been one of the wolves that stayed with Jeremy, the teenager's eyes filled with worry as she held his hand during the whole ride to the hospital.
Everyone knew that Jeremy and Blu had a tryst before... they had been each others' firsts, and were together for quite awhile before they mutually decided to part ways, but the attraction was still there. Blu still cared for Jeremy, and Jeremy still seemed to be fond of Blu from the way he had acted earlier that day.
If anyone would become Jeremy's mate, it would be Blu.
"You know you could have been killed, idiot," the she-wolf said quietly, her vibrant blue eyes looking into his. "Being a hero isn't worth your life. If you had called us, we could have gotten those other wolves, easy. Why didn't you call?"

“If it was, how bout we try to tone things down for the next one eh? Say….a dinner and a movie?”
"Mmm, sounds like a plan," the vampire grinned before he placed his lips over Crystal's, the touch gentle and sweet. It was clear he liked her... a lot, and he wanted to keep seeing her. For a moment, he completely forgot that his sister was there, watching them from a wolf's body. He was so focused on Crystal...

Renata watched as her big brother, Josh, kissed the witch. She knew he had forgotten her... that he had pushed her out of his mind.
It was foolish to be jealous, but Renata did feel hurt that her brother brushed her off so easily. She could have died that night. She could have lost her humanity and had been executed.
Yet, there he was... making out with some girl.
She padded away and crawled under the bed where she was able to keep herself out of sight.
Renata just wanted to be left alone... and just forget that she had just left her friend behind to die.
Not even a minute passed before they heard a knock on the door.
She watched as Josh glanced at the door.
"Crystal, stand back," the vampire told her before he approached it. He looked through the peephole before he finally pulled it open, his eyes deadly. Behind the door there had been a man of about the same age as Josh. He was about the same height as Josh, but the way he carried himself made him look much grander. He was fair haired... so fair, that his locks looked nearly white in the hallway light. His eyes were dark amber flecked with green, and his face chiseled like a Greek statue. He was gorgeous. "Who are you and what do you want?"
"I am Gage, from the Seramos clan," the werewolf replied with a nod of his head. "We received a call from Jeremy that your sister has been turned." As he tried to enter the apartment, Josh slammed his hand against the door frame, blocking Gage's entrance.
"You're not going near her," Josh growled.
"I'm not here to hurt your sister," Gage replied with a slight yawn. "I'm just here to take her into custody. She needs to learn how to be one of us, and from the looks of it..." He glanced over Josh's shoulder to look at Renata with a friendly grin. "How to shift."
"She's not going with you."
"Not that I don't appreciate you being the protective older brother, but that's not exactly your choice." Gage's eyes slipped past Josh. "It's hers." He spoke over Josh's shoulder, addressing Renata directly. "Miss, would you like to come with me?"
For a minute, there was no movement beneath the bed. All was still, and just as Josh was about to slam the door closed on Gage's face, Renata pulled herself out from her hidey-hole.
Gage grinned.
"You make a beautiful wolf, Miss Renata," Gage smiled before he knelt to meet her eye to eye. Renata practically wiggled over. "My name is Gage, and I'll be your knight in shining armor."
Josh looked over to Crystal, mouthing to her, "Can you believe this guy?"
Was this guy hitting on his sister while she was... well, furry?
"That's creepy," Josh commented. "She's a wolf and you're hitting on her."
"I can see her past that," Gage replied with a raised eyebrow. "Long black hair, big beautiful eyes, and kissable lips?"
"HEY!"
"Well, Miss Renata?" Gage continued, purposely ignoring Josh. "Would you like to come?"
Renata barked before she pushed past Josh to Gage, her tail wagging.
"Okay then, let's go."
Josh said nothing... he knew he could do nothing. He couldn't force Renata to stay, but just as they entered the elevator...
"Ren, my door's always open to you... and mom will be waiting too."
Renata glanced at him, her eyes staying on his until the elevator doors closed.

“Do you need to grab anything?”
She answered without hesitation, "Just my teddy." She had lost it in the scuffle... it was somewhere around her. She had brought it with herself to the meeting with Mike.
She had no idea she now had a two-piece set thanks to Mike bringing her another.

((Stuck on Nik DX))

“Let me guess, no good news from the call hm?”
"Nope," James replied as he began to walk Kayla back home. "Apparently these mutts have been cropping all over the city tonight in a really high number. The Seramos have no ******** clue who the hell is turning all these humans, but you know that the city government is gonna get involved. If this gets out of hand, the national government may get involved, and the Seramos ain't gonna like that one bit." He shook his head. "This.. this is bad, Kayla. Really bad."
"Are you okay? The wolf... I'd never seen a wolf act like that... Did it hurt you?"
“I’m fine,” he said firmly. “Just a few little scratches…..it was a mutt. Someone attacked and bit a human…”

"You should have called us earlier, Jeremy."
Jeremy was silent. His eyes were shut and jaw clenched as the vehicle hit a bump, causing a flare of pain to rage through his body.
Despite what everyone may think he currently saw Blu as no more than a friend and packmate. Yes, they had a thing before, and it was great while it lasted…but what he had felt wasn’t a bond so strong that he could feel he could dedicate the rest of his life to it. Hence…why he agreed to end it.
Before they had had their little fling the two of them always teased and jokingly flirted with one another, and even now after they broke off their relationship it was so easy for him to fall back into the pattern they had had before that.
"You know you could have been killed, idiot. Being a hero isn't worth your life. If you had called us, we could have gotten those other wolves, easy. Why didn't you call?"
The alpha was quiet for several long minutes before he answered. “Renata was turned….I was trying to see if she still held her sanity….she was in heat, and when I refused her she called to any other male in the area and tried to run off. I stopped her, Her brother found us and was going to take her home, then came the other mutts.” He them opened his golden eyes, his pupils narrowed. “Between all that then needing to keep the mutts from following them I didn’t exactly have time for a call. And as for why I didn’t call before all that….well I was under the impression that there was only one mutt around.”

As the elevator door shut Crystal gently took Josh’s hand and gave it a slight squeeze. She knew he had to hate the idea of his sister going off with some strange dude after what she went through. She knew she would if Hazel were in Renata’s place.
In fact…Josh’s control was probably better than hers. She would have probably hexed the guy the moment he said he anything about taking Hazel away.
“She’ll be okay,” she told him gently. “As cheesy as his words were, he is right…she does need to learn how to be a wolf now. And the best way for that to happen is from being taught by another wolf,”

"Just my teddy."
“Okay,” Mike answered as he glanced around for it. The second his eyes landed on it he picked it up and gently placed it in her hands. Then after a moments hesitation he went through the bag he brought, and picked up the new one and gave it to her as well. “I…thought he could use another friend,” he said sheepishly.

((Okay DX I’ll try to think of where to bring them next))

As Kayla listened all color drained from her face, making her look almost sickly in the moonlight. “’Bad’ would be putting things lightly,” she responded.
How the hell was this happening? How could something like this be so quickly be getting out of control?!
Eventually they would reach the front of her apartment building. “Uh….it’s late…..do you want to stay?” she asked awkwardly. Normally she would not even consider asking this, but…well, it WAS late. And James did save her a** back there with the wolf…so really, the offer was the very least she could do. “My couch doubles as a pull out bed,”
"I’m fine. Just a few little scratches…..it was a mutt. Someone attacked and bit a human…”
Beth said nothing but instead squeezed Zack's hand, her grip firm. No matter what, they were going to get through this.
"Zack, as soon as I'm out of this hospital, we're leaving," she told him, her eyes filled with determination. "We'll go to Washington or California or something... anywhere away from here. Anywhere that my family can't touch us... where we can start our own lives."
"Is that so?" came a voice from the doorway.
Beth paled as her eyes slid over to the figure in the doorway. There stood a woman. She was tall and trim. Her slender body was pure muscle that rippled beneath her business suit as she stepped over towards Beth. Her black hair was now streaked with grey and her eyes had wrinkles, but that did nothing to diminish the she-wolf's beauty or power.
She looked exactly as Beth should in her midlife, except the eyes. They were the same color, but while Beth's eyes were filled with love and kindness, these eyes were cold and calculating.
"Now, darling, what did I tell you about mixing up with the gentry?" Lara Seranos smiled. "Good for public image, bad for private self."
Beth sat up, and despite the shot of pain that filled her leg, she did not flinch or wince. Instead, she glared back into her mother's eyes.
"I love him." It was all she said.
"And does he love you?" Lara Seranos looked over to Zack. "Tell me, do you love my daughter? Are you going to mate her? Or are you going to get her with pup and then abandon her?"

Blu said nothing, but instead she quietly took Jeremy's hand in hers and gave it a little squeeze.
"Hey hey... I'm sorry... I just freaked out. I thought I was going to lose you," Blu softly told him as she stroked the hair away from his face. "That'd be horrible, you know." She sighed. "Can I be honest with you? I know you're going to hate me for this... but forget Renata. Let the Seramos take care of her. Right now you don't need that aggravation and should focus on our pack. You're our alpha and we should be your main responsibility, not some human you found again." She paused, considering her next few words. "... unless you're interested in mating her. Are you?"

“She’ll be okay. As cheesy as his words were, he is right…she does need to learn how to be a wolf now. And the best way for that to happen is from being taught by another wolf,”
"We don't know if she'll be okay..." Josh replied as he held Crystal's hand. "What if they hurt her? We know NOTHING of werewolf society. What if they'll kill her anyway?" He shook his head. "What am I supposed to do, Crystal? I can't protect her from forces that I don't understand."

Lottie's hands tightened around the teddy as Mike placed it in her grip, the were rabbit feeling comfort from the object. She let out a sigh of relief, her anxiety lessening... and then she felt the second stuffed animal. Her fingers ran over it, feeling the little button eyes and nose.. the stitched mouth. Then she felt the bow-tie on it. The other one had a bow by its ear.
"A boy and a girl?" she whispered to herself. "A couple?"
“I…thought he could use another friend,”
Lottie smiled and nodded before she hugged both of the teddy bears to herself. She could hear Maud cleaning in the kitchen.
"I'm ready," she said with a tiny smile.

“’Bad’ would be putting things lightly,”
"I know, I was just being a ******** optimist..." the demon replied with an irritated growl. "Whoever is doing this wants a death wish, I swear. The Seramos don't take this s**t lightly."
He was silent as they walked. Instead of distracting himself with conversation, James kept a wary eye out and an alerted ear for any noise.
So far, nothing out of the ordinary.
When they reached the stoop of her apartment building, James leaned his head back and took a quick once over of the building.
It wasn't exactly secure.
“Uh….it’s late…..do you want to stay?”
"Eh?" was all James could reply as he looked to Kayla, his eyebrows raised. "Did my sex in a tree story turn you on or something?"
"My couch doubles as a pull out bed,”
"Ah okay, gotcha," James grinned. Clearly, he had only been teasing her before. "And sure. It'll give me some peace of mind... and I'll look over your place to make sure you'll be safe from outsiders, if that's okay with you."
The moment Beth’s mother stepped into the room Zack stood. The young male while keeping his posturing respectful, he would not be submissive. He would acknowledge her rank and power, but not let her treat him as if he were an omega.
While he may not be in a pack he knew perfectly well what rank he would fall under if he was.
"And does he love you? Tell me, do you love my daughter? Are you going to mate her? Or are you going to get her with pup and then abandon her?"
Zack wouldn’t waste time answering, his voice would be firm, leaving no doubt he meant what he said and his gaze would be steady. Not wavering in the slightest. “I do love her, and no. I would not abandon her,”

Jeremy could not help but feel annoyed at Blu’s words. He was in pain, being rushed to the hospital, and she was going on about this now?! With how well she should have known him she should have known that there would be no way Jeremy would just forget his friend. It went against his nature.
“She’s my friend Blu,” he said trying to not sound too curt. “I am not going to abandon her to strangers. And I am not Alpha yet. And are we really talking about this now?” At the last part he couldn’t help but let his annoyance color his tone.

"We don't know if she'll be okay...What if they hurt her? We know NOTHING of werewolf society. What if they'll kill her anyway? What am I supposed to do, Crystal? I can't protect her from forces that I don't understand."
Okay…she really couldn’t argue much about that. She bit her lower lip as she tried to think of even the smallest thing that could help reassure him even the smallest bit.
“….Jeremy is her friend right….? Well….would he have really called them if he thought they would do anything?”

"I'm ready,"
A small smile formed on Mike’s face, happy that she liked the little surprise. Very gently he placed one hand on her arm, and the other on the small of her back and started to lead her to the door. The angel being careful to move at a pace she would be comfortable with. “Okay…..would back to school be ok? Or was there someplace else you wanted me to take you?”

Kayla felt heat rise to her cheeks despite the fact that she could tell James was just joking with her. God…maybe she was more of a prude than she thought after all.
"Ah okay, gotcha. And sure. It'll give me some peace of mind... and I'll look over your place to make sure you'll be safe from outsiders, if that's okay with you."
“Fine by me,” the human responded as she let them both inside. Her apartment would be about half way up the building, the inside wouldn’t be anything special.
It would be clear she lived there alone, practically all the furniture would have come with the place and while still decent and functional would be worn from use. The walls would be bare, no decorations except for a small vase of flowers on the table would adorn the place. No photographs would be seem, no fond memories of people or places to lighten up the place.
The only things that would hint at the owners interests or personally would be the small collection of dvds, the bookshelf by the tv, and the used keyboard and guitar in the living area.
Unfortunately any hopes Kayla would have of just going to bed would be shattered. The first thing she became aware of once walking in the door was the very…..vocal encounter going on in the neighboring apartment.
Head lowered her blonde hair shielded any facial reaction she held, though the new tension in her shoulders would show just how annoyed she was. Without a word she marched up to the one wall that separated her apartment from the other and started to loudly slam her clenched fist against it.
“OI! Keep it down! Can’t you knock it off for ONE NIGHT and let the rest of us get some God damn sleep?!”
“I do love her, and no. I would not abandon her,”
"Ah, see, that's a problem for me, pup," Lara Seramos replied with a dramatic sigh, a perfectly polished hand lightly resting over her eyes. "My Beth has a future ahead of her. A future that, fortunately for me, has nothing to do with a low-life bum decorated in ink and metal. You're not exactly a perfect catch. Drugs? Sex? Crime? Oh, I know all about that, Zacky, but have you told my daughter?" She glanced at Beth, who was now staring at Zack with wide eyes.
"Zack? What is she talking about?" Beth softly asked as she took his hand in hers. "Love?"
"He's ashamed of it, darling," Lara Seramos told her daughter as she patted Beth's other hand, imitating how other mothers comforted their daughters. "But, back in the day, Zack was constantly in and out of juvenile hall. Name the crime and he did it. Why do you think his arms are covered in tattoos? They hide the needle marks."
Beth's eyes narrowed.
"Get out of my room, mother," Beth growled, to which her mother only raised an eyebrow. "Get out or God help me, I'll throw you out and I don't care if you hit a wall."
"So my pup has teeth! Honey, I'm so proud!"
"OUT!"
Lara Seramos only smiled before stepping out of the hospital room and closing the door behind her.
In the bed, Beth was sitting up, her gaze lowered. She couldn't look at Zack.
"How much of it is true?" she asked before turning her gaze to her boyfriend. "My mother's a b***h but she's not a liar. How much is true?"

“She’s my friend Blu, I am not going to abandon her to strangers."
"You're NOT, Jeremy," Blu replied in the calmest tone she could muster, but she could hear the edge already creeping in her voice. She adored Jeremy, and it was what made it so easy for him to piss her off! Especially when she was worried for his well-being. "Renata's with the Seramos clan, and we both know that they take good care of well-behaved mutts. They may be assholes, but they care about the werewolf community and have never led us wrong, Jeremy. You know that. She's safer with them than she would be with you!"
"And I am not Alpha yet."
"Don't change the subject."
"And are we really talking about this now?”
"Yes, yes we are," Blu replied as she narrowed her eyes. She didn't care if he was getting authoritative on her. She was going to speak her mind and he was going to listen to what he had to say, even if he didn't agree with it. "Jeremy, everyone's going crazy right now with all the mutts! I mean, for God's sake, Bethanny Seramos is in the hospital as we speak because a mutt attacked her! No one's really safe now, not even your dad. You might become alpha sooner than we'd all like, and you gotta be prepared for that. You know it's true, and you know it's why your dad has been prepping you the way he has. And when YOU DO, you're going to need an alpha female at your side or all the bitches in the pack are going to have a hell of a catfight over you, so yes, we really are talking about this now."

"….Jeremy is her friend right….? Well….would he have really called them if he thought they would do anything?”
Josh sagged a bit, "No, no... you're right." He looked to Crystal. "He wouldn't let anyone hurt her... beyond a werewolf biting her, of course." He sighed before he hugged her, holding her close. "I'm sorry... I'm being a whiny emo kid right now."

“Okay…..would back to school be ok? Or was there someplace else you wanted me to take you?”
"The school's fine," Lottie lightly smiled as Mike began to lead her out of the penthouse. "Anywhere but here."

“Fine by me,”
"Goody," James grinned. "Now, ladies first."
He followed her up the apartment building until they reached her flat, the demon keeping constant watch as Kayla fumbled for her key in the myriad she kept on her key chain. Dammit, why do humans carry so many keys? Were they secretly all jailors or janitors? It made no sense!
As they entered, James quickly scanned her home to make sure there was no one inside. Nope, not even a pair of eyes on the wall from a photograph. Was this girl's life really so lonely? No photos on the wall. Only a vase as decoration, and then there were hints of her hobbies.
It was almost as if she was expecting to leave at a moment's notice...
It reminded James of his own place.
The demon explored the apartment, his eyes searching for any weaknesses that would allow for any intruders. He saw nothing, but he knew how easily even a human could break into someone's home. He had seen plenty of home invasions in the media to know that nowhere was truly safe, and so he began to go around the perimeter and invoke a spell of protection. He was working on setting the boundary on a window as Kayla began pounding on the wall, screaming for her neighbor to stop the very fun activity going on next door.
"You normally this high-strung? Or is because you're getting all hot and bothered from their emotions?" James grinned jokingly. "There's a shower and porn for a reason."
“How much of it is true? My mother's a b***h but she's not a liar. How much is true?"
Zack would be unable to meet Beth’s gaze at the questions, his shoulders would be tense as if he were suddenly bearing a horrible horrible burden. There was a reason he usually avoided talking or even remembering his past….it wasn’t pretty or something he was particularly proud of.
But….he wouldn’t lie to Beth, even as much as he would like to.
“….All of it,” he choked out. Shame would color his voice as he spoke. “…My parents….they weren’t exactly the most caring or loving….they didn’t care for me or about what I did…or even want me. A fact they made sure to remind me of often enough…those scars your mother refered to?...let’s just say some of them were from way before that time in my life… ” an edge of bitterness would creep into his voice at this. His parents may not seem like they had much to do with what Beth’s mother told her, but it was where it all started.
If his parents had been different then he wouldn’t have been driven down the horrible path he had been led down.
“There were some other kids my age in the neighborhood….they gave me a safe place to be to get away from my parents…They never told me I was useless or stupid….or an unwanted mistake. They never hit or beat me. So I started to spend more time with them...”
Zack then went on how his parents eventually kicked him to the curb, the adults finally being sick of him. The gang took him in, and it was then with their influence he spiraled down into the street life her mother had hinted at. It was so clear that Zack was not particular proud of what he had done in the past, and if he had a choice he would be more than happy to just outright erase it and start over from scratch, and in a way he had been given that chance.
He told her how three or four Cook caught him trying to bust into his car, but instead of treating him like a little s**t like every other adult had in his life, or calling the cops he offered Zack a deal. He would not file charges against him and turn him in and even give him a place to call home, and in return Zack was to clean up his act and get himself an education.
It was clear which option the young wolf took.
“I’m not that guy anymore….I’m changed…..cleaned up,” he finished, his voice begging her to believe him.

Jeremy’s own eyes narrowed as Blu went on, the alpha-to-be had to using all his restraint to keep himself from snarling at his pack mate in his annoyance.
He knew she had a point with the mutts. He knew perfectly well how serious the situation was and how he did need to help keep things together. But that did not mean he HAD to abandon Renata. He didn’t give a rats a** how much the Seramos took care of sane mutts. They were still strangers to Renata. He would not just dump her on a rival pack and wash his hands of her.
He was too loyal for that s**t.
Thankfully they had finally arrived at the hospital, saving him from having to argue more for now.

"No, no... you're right. He wouldn't let anyone hurt her... beyond a werewolf biting her, of course. I'm sorry... I'm being a whiny emo kid right now."
Crystal wrapped her own arms around him, giving a firm and reassuring squeeze. “Hey, after all that’s happened I think you’ve deserved a bit of whining,” she told him. “There’s nothing wrong with being concerned and worried. It just shows you care about her safety,”

Mike wasted no time getting Lottie out of that place. As the angel led her he moved at a pace she would be comfortable with. He was careful and aware of the surroundings, making sure to give a soft warning whenever there was a step, or change in ground elevation, or when there was an obstacle what was coming up on her side.
To brought her to his car, one that he actually saved up for and earned unlike many others in their school. He would get the door for her and make sure she was comfortable and buckled up before getting in his side and making their way back to school.

"You normally this high-strung? Or is because you're getting all hot and bothered from their emotions? There's a shower and porn for a reason."
“It’s not funny,” The human girl said through gritted teeth. Her posture and movements would be stiff from the tension that was invading her muscles. Her now flushed cheeks, and bright eyes making it clear just how affected she was being by this. “You try putting up with his every. Single. Night. In many cases almost ALL. Freakin’. Night.”
She listened.
As hard it was to hear, Beth listened to every word that Zack told her, her eyes never leaving his face as he avoided her gaze. She knew he was ashamed - it was written all over him - and she could see why he had never told her of his past.
He had been afraid of her running away from that phantom.
At the mention of his parents, Beth found herself feeling her own shame. Here she had been, complaining about her own parents but she had at least had a home. An education. Food and a place to sleep.
He hadn't had that.
"I’m not that guy anymore….I’m changed…..cleaned up,”
"That guy... I would never have gone near him," Beth admitted. "I would have judged him and avoided him. But you..." she took her hand in his. "You're wonderful. You're kind, smart, funny, and the bravest man I've ever known. A good man, Zack." She pulled herself out of bed and hugged him tight, her arms strong and protective. She didn't give a s**t that her leg was burning up in pain. She just wanted to hold him and let him know she was there for him. "Zack, I love you. I don't care about the person you used to be. I care about the person you are now. I mean, I wish you had told me about this, but I understand why you didn't. I would have done the same." She pulled away and held his face in her hands, making him meet her gaze. "I love you, Zackary. Nothing is going to change that." She smiled. "You're stuck with me."

She couldn't go in with him.
Blu had to stay outside, the she-wolf pacing the hospital lobby as she waited for any news about her friend's condition.
The other wolves would stop by and ask for updates, but none stayed like Blu did.
She was there all night, never closing her eyes, just staring at that door for a word, any word, about the boy she loved.

At the squeeze, Josh felt himself relax more as he wrapped his own arms around Crystal, hugging her back.
“Hey, after all that’s happened I think you’ve deserved a bit of whining. There’s nothing wrong with being concerned and worried. It just shows you care about her safety,”
"Thank you... for everything," he told her as he kissed her forehead. "Let's try to get some sleep. It's been one crazy night."

Lottie would be quiet for most of the ride, the wererabbit now having nothing to say as she held the two teddy bears that Mike had given her. They were nearly at school when she finally found the courage to speak up.
'Mike? I'm sorry for being so mean to you... I was scared. That's no excuse but... it's true."

“You try putting up with his every. Single. Night. In many cases almost ALL. Freakin’. Night.”
"Love, I'm a succubus. I deal with this every SECOND of my day and night," James replied as he raised his eyebrows, his arms crossed. "You get used to it."
"I love you, Zackary. Nothing is going to change that. You're stuck with me."
Zack would return Beth’s hug, his own strong arms almost clinging to her as if he were afraid she’d slip away if he didn’t hold her tight, but at the same time, if she tried to break away for whatever reason she would find she would be more than able to.
“And you with me,”

Jeremy would be in surgery for several long hours, and when he finally came out of it he was fast asleep. All the excitement from that night and the painkillers they’ve pumped him full of putting the alpha in a deep healing sleep.

"Thank you... for everything. Let's try to get some sleep. It's been one crazy night."
Crystal gave a tired smile, the whole nights events finally catching up to her, leaving the witch exhausted. “Sounds good to me,”

'Mike? I'm sorry for being so mean to you... I was scared. That's no excuse but... it's true."
“It’s okay Lottie,” was all Mike said. He couldn’t deny that she said some mean things to him, though from his tone it was clear he did not blame her or hold anything against her. What was said was said and that couldn’t be changed. All that could be done was to move on from it.

"Love, I'm a succubus. I deal with this every SECOND of my day and night,”
He was an incubus? Well, that put the whole sex in a tree story into a little more context at least…though she still really rather NOT have that image in her mind dammit.
“You get used to it."
Kayla’s back would be the James, the poor girl’s muscles were wound so tightly with tension now it looked as if they would just snap at any time now. She was trying desperately to put that one night of lessons to use by focusing on a slight crack on the wall in front of her, her hands were clenching so tight she could feel her nails cutting little half crescents into her palms, drawing blood. But no matter how she tried, the damn feelings weren’t being blocked.
“…I highly doubt that….”
"And you with me."
"That's what I wanted to hear," Beth replied with a smile before she kissed him. "... What you said before... about following me... did you mean it?"

Renata came by while he slept. She had been able to sneak past Blu - the girl temporarily falling asleep in the lobby - and enter his room. Thanks to Gage, Renata was now in her human form, but things were different now. She saw things in a different manner... her hearing had gotten so much better, not to mention her nose...
It almost overwhelmed her, but for now, she had managed to keep her sanity, just long enough to sit by Jeremy's side and take his hand in hers. She gave it a gentle squeeze and spoke softly, her voice carrying over into his dreams, before she kissed him on the head and stood to leave.

Josh held her all night, his arms protective and caring.

“It’s okay Lottie,”
Lottie went quiet, the wererabbit chewing her lower lip a bit before she whispered, "My feelings for you haven't changed... I'm still in love with you."

“…I highly doubt that….”
James raised his eyebrows for a moment before he finally thought to hell with it, and asked, "Wanna have sex?"
It would be the only way she'd have sleep tonight. She needed to get that energy out of there somehow, and to be honest, it was obvious simple exercise wasn't gonna do the trick.
"That's what I wanted to hear. What you said before... about following me... did you mean it?"
Zack’s response would come without hesitation, his tone would be clear and firm leaving no doubt whatsoever what he meant. “Yes,”

Jeremy had always been a light sleeper, but he had slept through Renata’s coming into his room to her holding his hand and speaking to him as he slept. It wasn’t until she stood to go when a small sound would rise from his throat as he started to wake up. His gold eyes groggily blinking open.
“Ren….?”

Crystal slept soundly that night as she lay cuddled up in Josh’s arms. Her presence would be steady, strong and reassuring.
She slept through the whole night, only waking when the smallest ray of sunlight started to make its way through the blinds and hit her face. Sleepily she would blink her eyes open and look at the clock the vampire had on the bedside table.
Resisting the urge to yawn Crystal carefully lifted herself and gently kissed Josh on the lips, the touch soft enough avoid startling him out of sleep, but not so soft that he wouldn’t be able to feel it.

"My feelings for you haven't changed... I'm still in love with you."
Mike took a moment to let that really sink in before speaking. His voice would be a soft as he spoke. “….You could probably do better you know….say someone who has more sense than to stay with a total psychopath as long as I did….”

"Wanna have sex?"
Kayla would be totally stunned silent by the question. It would be clear that that would be one of the last things she expected to be asked by…well anyone. Much less in such a blunt to the point manner.
“Well you waste no time getting to the point huh,” she blurted out, her voice sounding strange to her ears.
Did she really want to have sex? Her body was practically screaming at her to drag him to her room and get on with it already, but was that what she REALLY wanted, or was that just the horny vibes talking? She honestly couldn’t tell.
And what about protections? She knew the chances of her catching any sort of diseases from any supernatural would be virtually nonexistent. And as for her, well, the furthest she had even gotten with anyone was some kissing and over the clothes fondling back before she had to deal with being an empathy, so she knew for a fact she was clean.
As for pregnancy….well, not being sexually active or planning to be anytime soon meant she took no form of birth control or had condoms laying around for such occasions. But…as her doctors almost constantly reminded her, chances of her being able to conceive naturally was practically impossible. But still….
At hearing a particular loud moan from the other apartment Kayla clenched her jaw and made her choice. ******** it. She knew this was the only way she would get any rest at all tonight. So, without saying a word she closed the space between her and James, and kissed him. Her lips would be surprisingly soft and hesitant as if not sure if she was acting correctly, but there would be an almost urgent undertone to it.
That night James would discover three interesting and enjoyable things about having an empath as a partner.
The first being how sensitive and responsive she would be to even his slightest touch.
Second would be the surprising stamina she would seem to possess.
And third, she was able tell exactly what he wanted when he wanted it without needing to be told or shown, and was a quick learner about it.
“Yes,”
"Good." Beth kissed him softly. "Then let's leave... now. I have cash stashed away that we can take with us. It'll get us all the way out to Washington. We can make new lives there, Zack. Away from my mother, away from your past, away from this goddamn city."

"Ren...?"
"Hey..." Renata whispered softly as she sank into the chair again, taking Jeremy's hand in hers. "Look who's awake..." Renata's blue eyes looked into Jeremy's golden ones, peering so deep into them that it seemed she was looking right into his soul as he would into hers. She gently stroked the hair out of his face, her fingers so light that they were like feathers brushing against his skin.
If she had been pretty before, she was beautiful now. There was a new wild beauty about Renata that could only come with being a she-wolf. She had a new energy... a new aura about her.
"I'm so sorry, Jeremy... I should have come sooner... I shouldn't have left you when I did, or howled... I shouldn't have done any of that." She kissed his knuckles as she held his hand in hers, the tears threatening to spill. "I thought I lost you."

Crystal would find Josh's strong arms wrapping around her as she kissed him lightly, the vampire rolling her on top of his torso so that he could kiss her more. The kisses were still soft and gentle, and as he made the soft sound of a cat purring in contentment, he opened his smiling eyes.
"You have the cutest bedhead," he grinned before kissing her again.

“….You could probably do better you know….say someone who has more sense than to stay with a total psychopath as long as I did….”
"You don't give yourself enough credit, Mike... You don't see what a wonderful person you are," Lottie replied before she softly whispered. "I do..."
She shook her head and turned her face away from Mike, hiding the tears threatening to spill.
"You don't feel the same way. I get it. It's fine." There was no denying the heartbreak in her voice. The hopelessness.
Lottie never thought that Mike would see her the way she saw him, but after what happened and after the way he had treated her with kindness despite how much she pushed him away.... she had finally thought...
His rejection was answer enough.
They rode in silence as Mike began to take the road through the park to the other side of the city. There was not a sound from either rider until Lottie's ears perked up.
"Stop here."
She wouldn't give Mike an explanation as she unbuckled her seat belt and unlocked her car door to step outside. A wolf howled nearby.
"You know, Mike.... once, when I was three... my parents brought me and Aimee to the park. I remember this so clearly I sometimes wonder if I imagined the whole thing..." She took a few more steps. "I had wandered away. I had wandered away when Aimee fell and scraped her knee. I remember she was crying so loudly that I just wanted to get away... of course, my parents rushed over to her right away. They haven't noticed I was gone until I had nearly wandered out of the park and onto the road, chasing a bird. That had been an entire hour, and instead of my parents hugging me with relief... They hit me so hard that I couldn't stop crying. Then they put me into a dark room. Maud couldn't get me out. She tried but she had no key, but she sang me lullabies from the other side of the door. What else could she do? I'm tired, Mike... I'm tired of being forgotten." She smiled. "When you forget me too, at least then it won't hurt because I won't be around to see it." She untied her dress as she smiled to herself. "No one will notice..." Mike wouldn't get a chance to talk her out of it... before he knew it, Lottie disappeared, her clothes falling into a heap on the grass. Within the bundle, something moved. A pink nose pushed out of the collar of Lottie's night dress before a small brown and white bunny pulled itself out of the mess. The eyes were clouded.
Blind.
She ran, and disappeared into the foliage.

James would be pleasantly surprised that night. He had no idea that the little human he was helping could be so damn good in bed. For once, he felt as equally satisfied as his partner, and for once, he lay sated as he held her in his arms, his thumbs rubbing little circles on her back. He held her protectively, and she would not feel the anxiety of the world outside or even the emotions of her neighbors.
All she'd feel was James's calming peace as he held her there. He would protect her... he would keep her safe.
Zack softly kissed her back, a happy smile light up his face at her words.
“I like the sound of that,”

"I'm so sorry, Jeremy... I should have come sooner... I shouldn't have left you when I did, or howled... I shouldn't have done any of that. I thought I lost you."
The alpha would carefully reach up and cup her cheek in his free hand, his touch surprisingly gentle for one who held such strength. “Shh….It’s not your fault. None of it is. And it’ll take more than that to keep me down for the count.”

"You have the cutest bedhead,"
A small giggle would bubble up from Crystal as she happily kissed him again. “Morning to you too sleepy head,”

Mike was too stunned by Lottie’s sudden choice to grab her before she ran off, but the second she went through the bushes the angel was on the move after her.
He wouldn’t let her throw her life away like this.
He wouldn’t let her just be forgotten.
“LOTTIE!”

By the time they were both sated it took Kayla little to not time to drift off into a deep and peaceful sleep, the human finally physically as and mentally spent. She wouldn’t be able to remember a time she ever felt so relaxed and at ease. It felt as if for the first time since she had gotten her abilities that she didn’t have the burden of the world bearing down on her.
Her limbs would be relaxed and limp, and her facial expressions smoothed out and peaceful as her chest rose and fell. It would be the first time James would see her without her wary and guarded expression as if she expected misfortune at every turn.
This was more of the person she could have been if she hadn’t been in that accident that tragic night.
"I like the sound of that."
Beth smiled, her eyes lit up with joy.
"Then help me up."

((time skip for them? I think the Seranos will have them followed to get Beth back xD so, drama there))

Renata felt the tears threatening to spill at the thought of losing her best friend. She loved him. He had been her best friend in childhood, and none of that intimacy had gone when they found each other again.
In fact, her love for him had grown even more as her body had awakened to sexual maturity.
She loved him.
At his touch, Renata looked to him, a tear sliding down her cheek.
“Shh….It’s not your fault. None of it is. And it’ll take more than that to keep me down for the count.”
A small chuckle escaped Renata as she smiled at him at his words. She held his other hand in hers, her skin velvety soft.
"Jeremy...." she whispered. "I, um, gotta tell you something. I - "
"You're awake!"
Renata glanced over to the door only to see Blu standing there, the blue-haired she-wolf smiling with joy as she strolled over.
"Jesus, Jeremy, you gave us a ******** scare!" Blu play growled as she sat by Jeremy. Outside the door, other members of Jeremy's wolf pack peered in.
Renata said nothing. Her hand slid away from Jeremy's and she stood.
"I'll, um, talk to you later," Renata said as she picked up her purse. "Get some rest."
Then, she walked out.

“Morning to you too sleepy head,”
Josh grinned as he kept kissing Crystal, his hand on the small of her back. He nuzzled her playfully.
"Do we really have to get out of bed?"

She was gone.
The thing about rabbits is that they are creatures evolved to fear everything. They were made for speed, agility, and camouflage.
As much as Mike wanted to, he would not be able to find her. He would search all night but still find no trace.
She had disappeared.

((Stuck on James DX))
Zack wasted no time helping Beth get to her feet, though the young man was extremely careful with her, taking her injury into account.

((Sorry DX Not sure what to really say for Zack))

Jeremy nearly growled at the sudden interruption. As much as he loved his pack, and understood how much they had worried about him he did not appreciate Blu stopping Renata from telling him something that seemed important to her.
As she up and left Jeremy tried to get to his feet. “Ren!”

"Do we really have to get out of bed?"
“Mmmmm unfortunately I think we do,” the witch mused as she teasingly nipped his lower lip.

Mike would be searching for Lottie all day and night, the angel had no idea about the mutt problem that the city was facing, but he knew there was danger at ever turn in the park for Lottie. He knew the wolves and other shifters used the park as a place to run and hunt.
And now being blind would put poor Lottie in an even more dangerous position than she would have been before.
The angel would not know he was being stalked until the mutt was upon him, the angel barely having time to grab a fallen branch to use as a weapon to defend himself. Unfortunately for him it would take more than a bit of wood to keep the monster at bay. The beast would lunge at him, knocking the young man to the ground and tried to go for his throat.
Out of instinct Mike threw up his arm to keep it from ripping out his throat, a scream of pain tore from his throat as the creatures fangs dug into his flesh.
The beast would rip and tear at his flesh , trying to get past the obstacle in its way. Out of desperation he reached for the branch he had been using before, then with a strength he didn’t even know he had he shoved it through the mutts chest, piercing its heart and ending its life.

Kayla would spend the whole night in a blissful state of sleep. The girl only stirring when a ray of sunlight started to peak through the window and lightly shine on her face. An adorably sleepy sound would rise up from her throat as she tried burrow further into bed to escaped the damn light.
In the light of day several impressive looking love bites would decorate her neck, shoulders and chest would decorate her skin, a nice little reminder to what had occurred the night before (whether James gave them to her, or if she gave them to him and accidentally took them on, or both she couldn’t remember).
When she couldn't get far enough for the sunlight she tried retreating under the covers, as if by pretending she couldn't see the light then she wouldn't have to acknowledge the start of the day and have to get up. Despite feeling the most rested she had felt in a long time she couldn't help but want to be lazy for the day. To just lay in bed and rest...and okay, maybe take a nice bath to try to sooth the slight soreness she felt from the night before.
The planning of her lazy day would soon be cut short by her growling stomach.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff