Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

User Image

If your username is not Haplack Neko or LessThan3U, DO NOT POST! Thanks!

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ ... Oh wait. I don't have to do this anymore... You're still amazing though.
User Image

If I go crazy then will you still
Call me Superman
If I'm alive and well, will you be

Layla scrunched her nose. Matt's personality fit her's perfectly. He was sarcastic, just like she was; witty, just like she was; and all around wonderful. She looked up at him and widened her eyes mockingly, "I'll sleep on the couch if you want me to." She actually wouldn't mind sleeping on the couch, it WAS the most comfortable couch EVER! If he wanted to sleep in his own bed and have her sleep on the couch, that was totally fine with her. If he wanted her to cook all his meals for him and clean his room, that was fine too. If he told her to go jump off a bridge she would do it, as long as it was a small bridge and he was holding her hand. Yeah, they were perfect for each other.

Layla wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up at him. She trusted him. She knew he would never try to hurt her. She knew he would do almost anything to keep her safe. It was likewise for her. If someone tried to hurt Matt, she would light them on fire, even if it was dark magic. She couldn't imagine anyone being mean to him though. He was just too nice. "You know, I never asked. When's your birthday?"

There holding my hand
I'll keep you by my side with
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((PSHA! You should be sorry!... Naw I'm just kidding. I had to write a script and work, so I was actually pretty busy myself... Sorry! lame post! I just got back from work and I'm really tired... it was very... interesting (Interesting as in, having a drunk guy hit on you)...))
@ >.> You think I am amazing? Well...I don't disagree with you.. :3 I'm just conceited
What am I doing again?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Matt smirked at her. Make her sleep on the couch? Nonsense. That was no way to treat a girl, Matt believed. Of course, he was being sarcastic. But, in any case, he still wouldn't let her sleep on the couch. He would be perfectly fine with the couch. It was, by any means, extremely comfortable. That being said, he chuckled. "Oh, don't you worry a pretty little hair. I imagine sleeping on a couch is bad on you. Just imagine. Your hair would be a mess, you'd probably roll off in the middle of the night..." Matt trailed off, remembering how he, himself, had rolled of onto the floor and hit his head the last time he slept on the couch. Such a thought made him laugh on the inside. It was a funny moment, and he was absolutely sure that Layla would have agreed with the comedy if he had brought it up. Only pride kept him doing so. Matt turned his eyes to the outside. The moon was coming up and showering the ground with elegant white light. It lit up the ocean, and the beach. Matt found the sight utterly enthralling. He wanted to take a picture and keep it forever, but he knew that such a thing wouldn't be able to capture what he truly saw. It was the same with Layla. He wanted to capture her essence on photograph, but knew that it would be pointless since he couldn't capture all of it. It was a futile idea, and he decided that he would just have to peer onto her beautiful face everyday. It wasn't a horrid task. He decided he would take it without question.

Matt felt her arms wrap around his waist, and it caused him to smile. He was filled with a feeling that he didn't get often. A feeling of happiness and nervousness. He didn't know what would happen next, and he didn't think he could guess. He was living in the moment, and he could feel the tingling feeling in his stomach because of her touch. He looked down at Layla and grinned. "My birthday? That's confidential, you know. I don't tell many people that information..." he teased lightly, kissing her cheek. He wondered why she would want to know something like that? Was she planning on something special? He wondered exactly what could be going through her mind at that moment. It was an odd thing to think, but then again, Matt had been born from odd thoughts. "It's November 8th." he said quietly, at last. He laughed quietly to himself. Maybe she would get him a new kitchenware set, or wallpaper. Of course, Matt was being sarcastic with himself again.

Oh yeah, THAT...why am I doing that?...

O ; O ; C ; O.o Where exactly do you work?

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ .... >.> PSH....

User Image

Call me Superman

Layla giggled. Confidential huh? "I must be a pretty special person, for you to share your confidential information with." Matt sure made her feel special every moment, of every minute, of ever day that she spent with him. She didn't know what she would do if she wasn't hanging out with Matt. Homework probably, but how boring was that?! Very. Speaking of homework, she had an essay to write on the History of Magic. It was due tomorrow. Luckily she had already written it, all that was left was to write the final draft, which is relatively simple when your a witch. Her grandparents had given her a magical pen that would write whatever you told it to write, so you wouldn't have to. Her grandparents were awesome like that. Since Matt couldn't meet her parents- which was a sad thought- then maybe he could meet her grandfather? Why was she even thinking about stuff like that? They had only decided they were together a little while before.

Layla's face clouded over with disappointment when she found out Matt's birthday had already passed. "Aw, I missed it." She HAD been planning to get him something, if his birthday was coming up. Now she was going to have to think of an excuse to get him a gift. Their one week anniversary? Lame. The gift she had been planning on getting him? She had no idea... "February first. That's my birthday. Just under a year and I will be free." Free as in, no longer have to live with her foster parents. They would no longer 'own' her. She couldn't wait until she could leave and never look back. She had no where to go, but that didn't phase her. She just wanted out, finding somewhere to go could come after. Layla wasn't one for planning very far ahead. She lived each day as it came, most of the time.

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((I work at a restaurant, so we don't get a lot of drunk people lol Or at least I don't normally deal with them...))
@ Don't Psh me. :3
What am I doing again?

Matt smiled softly. He didn't know why. For what reason would be smiling at that moment? He couldn't tell. He had no answer, he just knew that he was smiling for no reason at that point, and that was fine by him, because there was no reason he should be smiling otherwise. He stared at Layla for a long time then shook himself from the reverie. What had he been thinking of? There was nothing going through his mind at that moment, just a long sense of happiness and calm. He guessed that there didn't have to be anything going through your mind just be happy. You just had to have someone you enjoyed being around to let your mind blank, and that same idiotic smile plop onto your lips. It was a funny thought. "Yes. Be thankful. I don't share my life with very many people." he said sarcastically. He laughed afterwords and shook his head. The night was maturing into something wonderful. He couldn't tell you why, or how. He just knew that it was becoming more and more special the longer it went on. That, in itself, made it special to him. He didn't want it to end, but he knew it had too sooner or later. Checking the clock on his wall, Matt flinched every time he saw the second hand move closer and closer to the twelve. It was funny watching time pass you by. It was like watching your life slowly drifting away. Matt wondered if he was the only one who thought of such things.

Pushing himself back to reality, his smile softened even further, and he lifted his hand to push a few strands of Layla's hair behind her hair, brushing her cheek with his thumb as he did so. "Well, good thing that there is always another one around the corner, right? I mean, it happens once every year! How exciting is that." he joked lightly. He had turned his attention to the window when she spoke again. At first, he didn't understand what she meant by it, but he quickly pieced together the puzzle. It was depressing. She still had ties to her foster family. At least she was living in a dorm room now. Matt wondered if he would ever come into contact with the foster family. He sure hoped not, cause he would find it extremely hard to keep his mouth shut. How could someone treat Layla like that. Matt was entirely angry about the situation, and would NOT stand for it if he saw it happen in front of him. If he even heard about it when they weren't with each other, he would more than likely get revenge. Matt wasn't spiteful, but he found himself protective over Layla. He didn't know if that was a good or bad thing yet, but he hoped it was good. Regardless of which, he knew that if he ever came into talking distance of the foster family, and they were ANYTHING but nice, he would more than likely start lashing out. Matt was confident in his sarcasm to do the fighting for him, but he reasoned that he wouldn't be afraid to do more if the situation called for it.

Matt soon realized that he was being quiet. Too quiet, to be exact. He smiled down at Layla and chuckled. "Well, one I'll be out of school soon. A couple of months, actually. And into college." Matt replied. He didn't want to bring up her foster family. He felt as if it was an unspoken rule, and he didn't want to worry her that he would do something. She was adamant the other day when she first told him, that he shouldn't do a thing. But, then again, he could say a few things. "Then, you could come with me, and you could be truly free." he added silently, smiling even softer now. His entire face had become soft. He was breaking into a teddy bear. That was truly interesting. A stark contrast to the snarky and sadistic person he used to be.

O ; O ; C ; Well. If your 17, and dealing with drunk people...lol. That's a little out of your range, eh? Ahaha. So, he hit on you? He must have thought you were a little older wink

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ I will Psh you if I want to mister! =D

User Image

Call me Superman

Layla rolled her eyes, "Well your going to have to get use to sharing your thoughts... I don't take no for an answer." She shot back with a snarky grin on her face. Snarky and sarcastic are probably the two best words to describe Layla. Then comes sweet and caring. Layla followed Matt's gaze to the clock, it was getting late. She would definitely have to head to bed soon, if she wanted to stay awake in class tomorrow. Blah, school. It wasn't that she didn't like school, she enjoyed learning very much. She just didn't like learning things other people told her she had to learn, she much preferred to choose her own topic of study. That's why Magical Studies was one of her favorites. Layla screwed up her face as she tried to suppress a yawn. She probably looked ridiculous.

Layla's train of thought came to an abrupt halt when Matt started talking about college. He was senior, wasn't he? She had completely forgotten. The smile that had been on her face fell away. He was going to be leaving in a few months. He was going to be going to college, a different school. Oh my gosh! What if he found another girl? A billion thoughts filled Layla's mind, then he started speaking again. It was like a wave of calm washed over her, then his words sunk in further. Go with him? She didn't know what to say. Her mouth popped open to form a silent O. The thought had never occurred to her that he would want her to go with him. "You- you..." she started to stutter, again, "You would want me to go with you?" she asked when she finally stopped her nervous stuttering.

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((The look on his face was great when I told him I was a minor HAHA... He probably did think I was older. A lot of people do. Someone asked me how college was going (When I was still in tenth grade)... I guess I just look like I'm 18 or 19...))
@ If I was near you. I'd soooooo make you eat those words with a good poke to the side xD
What am I doing again?

It took a little bit for the assessment of her answer to get into Matt's mind. From there, it went into his frontal lobe, controlling all of his emotions. He didn't know which emotion to show first. Dead calm at her staying with him, or excitement that she, in a roundabout way, agreed. He was much like Layla at this point in which he just uttered a dull uh.... and looked at her profoundly. His mind was working at full speed, but his mouth just couldn't catch up it seemed. He was going through an awful lot of emotions at that moment, and it caused him to become emotionless on the outside. The exact opposite that he wanted. What was he doing?! If he didn't speak soon, it would look like he wasn't interested in her anymore, let alone want her to come with him. That would be bad. Extremely bad. He wanted Layla with him, no matter what, and if he messed this up, then that entire dream would go away. Matt found the irony in the situation almost hysterical. He had met a girl for only a few days, and would almost die without her. He was kinda pathetic. He was truly addicted to the girl before him, and they hadn't even been together that much, let alone shared enough time to actually be considered a true couple. Maybe in a couple of months, then things would become interesting, but other than that, it would be just a game of date. A inaudible sigh escaped Matt's mouth and then he found his voice. "It's not that hard of a decision really. If you want to go with me, you say yes. And if you don't, you say no." Matt replied, placing a hand on her head to move it in a yes motion when he said for her to say yes, and in a no motion when he said she could say no. He knew the answer was going to be yes, judging by her reaction, but he could always be wrong. Matt WAS wrong sometimes in his life.

"I can understand if you don't want to go. I mean, I would have to get my own place, and that would mean moving out of the dorm. That, and it's only been a few days since we have met, and that would seem a little absurd if you just blindly jumped into it, if you felt that way. But, it's your decision, and I will stand behind what ever you choose." Matt added on. He felt he needed too. It was truly her decision, and he wanted her to feel like she had a choice, and that she didn't have to just say yes to make him happy. Matt would be happy with any decision she would make, and if that so happened to be with him, than he would jump for joy, but in turn, he wouldn't hate her for saying no. It was a big choice, and she was practically agreeing to move in with a stranger. How smart was that? Matt wouldn't think she would have made that decision on a normal basis when they had first met. Then again, she wouldn't have kissed him like she did before when they had first met. That thought alone brought a deep sense of want to Matt. He wanted to kiss her again, but he was rather afraid of doing so. Something about kissing Layla excited and scared him, and caused him to fear doing it, for he didn't know if it was the right time or not.

O ; O ; C ; o.O Well. How's college going? xD Just kiddin'. I've never had that problem. People always think I'm like sixteen or seventeen. It's annoying. It's only when I grow my beard out do I look older. Sadly, I have to keep my face clean shaven due to army regs. But, if you look older than 17, than, that's saying somethin' lol

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ OMG! If you poked me in the side, I would flip out... I am extremely ticklish there >.< If you poked me, I would definitely have to poke you back! POKING WAR!

User Image

Call me Superman

Layla was having trouble thinking, her mind was running in every direction all at once. She was happy, she was scared, and she confused. What did you say to something like that? They had only met a few days ago, so really Matt was a bit of a stranger, but she felt like she had known him for years. Her initial instinct was to blurt out yes, but would that be wise? She really wanted to say yes, but this was a huge decision. Bigger than any decision she had made in the past. She stood there for a long time, stumped as to how to answer. "I'm sorry." she started, then paused to think about her wording, "This is big. I'm going to need to think about it. Is that all right?" She hated saying that, but she need some time to think it over. If she did move in with him, then her foster parents would put two and two together (And make four! Mwahaha) and find out she had told him. She couldn't rightly move in with somebody and NOT tell them about her past, right? She didn't want to do that to Matt. Then again, she really wanted to say yes. This was going to be a problem.

Layla let go of Matt's waist and pushed her hands through her hair with an exasperated sigh. She cursed under her breath then looked up at him. Her eyes were wide and her bottom lip quivered ever so slightly. "I really want to say yes. I really do." she breathed, "I just don't want to drag you into my mess of a life any further then I already have. And if I say yes, my foster parents will probably find out that I told you everything, and if they find out..." Probably, if... They might not find out.

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((Yeah... It's saying I'm not going to age well lol))
@Well, -PoooOoOoooOoOoooke!- It's on like Donkey Kong! I'm not ticklish. Muahahaha! That's a lie. I am...extremely :/ I'm such a girl....
What am I doing again?

He had to admit, her answer wasn't what he had expected, but then again, he wasn't expecting much in the first place. He was a total stranger to her, and for her to say yes right off the bat would be crazy. But, that didn't stop him from hoping, and that was all it took to hook him in. What an idiot he was for thinking that way. Pushing it from his mind, Matt wondered what was going through her had at that moment? He had put her in one of the hardest positions possible, and he felt horrible for doing that. What was he thinking? There was no reason to cause so much stress in the poor girls life at this moment. He was, after all, her new boyfriend. New was the keyword there, and he shouldn't be trying to coax her into a deal that she might not feel comfortable with. This was the first time Matt actually felt responsible for some of Layla's pain. That thought, in itself was tragic ad a killer to Matt's ego. To know that you caused the one you were most happy with, pain, was unbearable. He almost wished he had never asked the question in the first place. And it was at that moment that Matt had wished he learned a little bit of magic so he could have reversed time to stop himself from doing something so stupid. It was a noble thought, but he didn't think he could pull something like that off without a hitch, cause Matt would mess it up somehow, and somewhere down the line.

Then the second part of her answer came through, and Matt's mind stopped thinking. That was all she was worried about? He was over thinking the entire situation. He could understand what she had meant the other day about her parents finding out, but to go as far as to be afraid of moving in with Matt because of them, now that showed a lot to him. They had truly made her scared of them. What power did they possess. He was sure he would find out sooner or later when he met them, cause it was inevitable, and would happen one day. But, until then, he was left to find out what exactly they could do. Matt didn't think they could do much harm to him. He had that much confidence in himself, but then again, he was taught never to underestimate someone. With that in mind, he noticed the absence of her arms around his waist. A slight frown formed on his lips. She was really worried. "El, don't worry. I told you before that you shouldn't worry about me. I can take care of myself. I'm a lot stronger than you'd think. It's your decision what happens, yes. But, don't let your foster family get in the way. They will know we are dating sooner or later, and by that token alone means they will know you had to tell me something. After all, you have to trust the one you love, right?" Matt's mind couldn't believe what he had just said. 'Love'? That was an extremely strong word, and he had said it! Again!

O ; O ; C ; Psh. You don't know that. Maybe you won't a day over twenty. That's how my brother's wife is like. She looks twenty when she is actually thirty-five. It's kinda funny. We call my brother a cradle robber ALL the time :3

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@.... Psh, I'm such a girl too!... Oh wait >.< lol.... POKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

User Image

Call me Superman

Don't worry about him? He had no idea what her foster family could do to him. What they could do to her, but she wasn't worried about herself. She had coped with it before, she could do it again. She couldn't not worry about him. But then, he was right. They would find out sooner or later that she and him were dating. Later rather than sooner would be nice. That was really all she had been worried about, she didn't want her 'parents' to hurt anyone else. They had already done enough. "The only thing that's standing in the way of me saying yes, right now, is my foster parents. I know we just met a few days ago, but I'm not worried about that. I feel like I have known you for forever. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I just don't want to see you hurt." Layla smiled and carefully took his hand, "Just give me a little while to think about it. I promise I'll answer soon." Her mind was already partly made up, but she just wanted to be sure.

Love is a strong word, and when Matt used it, it shocked Layla. She knew she loved him, as a friend and as a protector. He was definitely someone she knew she could fall in love with, easily. But was she IN love with him now? She wasn't sure. Falling in love with someone takes time. Sometimes it's hard to tell when infatuation ends and love begins. Layla knew she was starting to love Matt, in that special way. It wouldn't be to long before she could say she love loved him instead of just like liked him. Love. It was a scary thought. She had never been in love with someone, and she couldn't remember ever being truly loved by someone else.

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((OMG she's lucky! Jealous! ... ))
@I like how we have three conversations going on. One on top, our Rp, and the OOC on bottom lawlz

Her answer seemed to change a little bit. Now, it seemed she was more uncertain of whether he could properly protect her or not. Or, in that case, she couldn't protect him. He understood her dismay, but she couldn't be liable for Matt. He was a doctor, and with that, he was obligated to not become a fighter, but a non-combatant. He knew that this was the way it would have to be no matter where he was. It was a funny way of thinking of things, he decided. He knew he would have been good as a fighter, better than his brothers, if he tried. But, he chose to help people instead. That being said, he had to give up his head strong demeanor and choose a more laid back position. He was understanding how hard it was to keep that demeanor while the person he cared about had to stand and battle such demons. Was that truly ethical? Was that right of him? He didn't think it was. At all. In fact, it was anything but right. It was worse than letting what happened to her go. He wasn't doing anything about it. He wanted to tell her right there that there was no use in worrying over him, because he would deal with the situation as he saw fit. But that would only cause her more pain than help the situation. The best thing was to just agree and let her know that he wouldn't do anything. But could he really do that? Could he really just sit idly by and not do a damn thing while the woman before him lived with horrid memories of her past family, and lived in fear everyday of losing him? His willpower was strong, but he didn't think it was THAT strong. In fact, he knew he would break sooner or later. The anguish would easily show on his face. He was disappointed in such dealings. In himself. He was weak.

Sighing softly, he nodded and smiled at Layla, putting on his best 'I-understand-perfectly' face. Reaching up to place his hand on her cheek, his smile softened. "I understand perfectly. It's a risky decision. Take your time. For now, lets just enjoy the night sky...." Matt replied, trailing off. He glanced over at the night sky, and noted all the different stars. He could easily see Orion and the Dippers. He picked constellation after constellation out of the sky and noted its importance. There was something calming about it. A sea of uncertainty stood out there, but it was all so peaceful. Time after time, no matter what happened, the skies never changed. A sea of constant calm and uncertainty. The stars held their lives in unplayable videos. They held the truth of the future, and no one can read what they said. It was an interesting outlook on the universe, but it caused Matt to think deeper. He wondered, if his hypothesis was true, what star made him fall of Layla? And where was it? What star did he have to thank for her coming to him? He wanted to thank that star, for everything it had done for him. For the future it had given him. For the happiness he now possessed.

O ; O ; C ; I can almost bet that you will age young. :3 call it masculine intuition.

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ I Know! Well, it's actually more like four. If you count the one on my profile lol
User Image

Call me Superman

What was that look on his face? Sadness? Uneasiness? She couldn't tell, but it made her sad. She didn't ever want to see him looking that way. Layla reached up and brushed her fingers across his forehead, as if to smooth out the worried wrinkles, "Hey you. No need for that face. It doesn't suit you." Her attempt to lighten the mood probably hadn't worked, and she was still curious about what had brought on his uneasy expression. She was about to ask, but then Matt reached up and caressed her cheek and her mind clouded. Was it normal to have such a reaction to another person touch?

Layla's face flushed at Matt's touch. He was so gentle with her, she felt like a china doll. Every time he held her hand, or even looked her, her heart started to beat faster. It was something she had never experienced before, but it was something she didn't want to stop feeling. "I knew you would understand. You always do." she whispered and leaned into his hand, like a kitten. She finally sighed and looked out the window at the stars, "I love the stars. They always know their place and their path through the sky." Layla's eyes searched the sky, for something in particular. Finally her eyes came to rest on something through the window, "See that star, right there?" she pointed at a small star next to the Big Dipper's tail, "That's my wishing star. I picked it out when I was younger." Her thoughts went back about ten years, to the night when she picked out her wishing star. It was silly and childish, but she still used the star to make her wishes. The star was the one thing in her life she knew would never change.

Layla shook herself back to the present- she found she was doing that a lot lately- and laid her head on Matt's shoulder with a yawn. She didn't want to be tired, but she couldn't help it. Luckily she was already getting better about not thinking about her parents death. Instead she tried to only think about the positives, just like Matt had told her she should do. Maybe instead of having one of her nightmares tonight, she might actually have a good dream for once. She really hoped so, but never the less she was going to try putting off going to bed as long as she could. Just in case. "Would you tell me a story, about when you were younger? One of your favorite memories?"

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((Masculine intuition... I didn't know such a thing existed! But thanks, it's very nice of you to say that. I'm sure you will age very well too. I call it, women's intuition =) ... I have the song Every Time We Touch stuck in my head now, because of my post lol))
@ Four! Well. Aren't we just the conversational types, eh? lol
What am I doing again?

Matt knew he had worried her. Her reaction told him right from the start. Her eyes were he first to notice. They clouded with uneasiness and discomfort. Then her mouth trembled in unspoken words. Her face drooped slightly, and she finally reached up to touch his brow, gently caressing it to make things better. That, in itself, told him everything he needed to know. He was appalled that he had let so much emotion out of his face. Was she truly this good in making him show his true emotions? Matt couldn't quite tell, but he was definitely sure she had gotten it out of him with apparent ease. That being said, her comment made him relax slightly. There really was no need for that, not now. He should be happy he was with her. There was no reason to think of the bad, and the distant future. Things still haven't happened just yet. He had plenty of time before any real decisions had to be made, or any major confrontations happened. "Yes...there is no need for it. I apologize. Please don't worry." he said silently and smiled at her, cocking his head. Her entire body calmed him, the way she was clam translated onto him and caused him to silently resign himself to peace and happiness. Her power was quite amazing. He had to wonder if it was because of a spell or just her female intuition. He couldn't tell.

When she leaned in to his hand, Matt felt much better. She had accepted his gesture, and that meant a lot to him. She was warming up to him, more than she had already. Truthfully, he enjoyed the warmth of her face on his hand, more than anything else at that moment. It was like he could hold all her fears up for her, and never leave her to worry about them herself. A steady guide, as it were. He would be that if need be. He would be able to help her with her burdens whenever she wanted him to be. And there was no reason for him to not be that way. He was, after all, her boyfriend. And as far as he knew, that's what boyfriends did. He hoped. In any case, his smile turned to a grin, and he stared out to the stars again. "I love the stars as well. they are so peaceful in such a dark world." he replied silently. The second part of her comment made him chuckle silently. A lucky wishing star, eh? Matt had never really thought about something like that. He was always just interested in the physics of stars when he was younger. Not any mysticism that surrounded them. He turned back to her and winked. "Well, it's a good thing that you wished for an extremely handsome, young man to come to your beckon." he replied sarcastically. He laughed at his own joke and switched his gaze back to her.

When she asked about his fondest childhood memory, Matt was at a loss. What was his fondest memory? There were a couple. But, he figured this one stood out more than the rest. Because he was the happiest at this point. When he found out his brother's had about as much respect for him as he did them. That was the best day of his life, besides meeting Layla. "Fondest memory, huh? Well. There are a couple. This one though. I remember, I was about Sixteen. I was a typical teenager at that point, still am actually, but I had come home from my school with a few bruises and cuts from a scuffle I got into at school. My parents were gone, on business like usual, so it was just my brothers who were here. They sat me down and asked me what happened. Me, being a typical adolescent male, didn't say much besides 'fight' or 'nothing'. But, when my will broke...I told them that I hadn't thrown any punches. I just stood there, in front of the kid who would have gotten hit, and took his punches instead. I thought I was stupid for such a thing. It hurt like hell, but...my brothers. My brothers recognized me for it. They put me on the same level as them from that point on. Ever since then, they granted me a high sense of respect. It was...the best victory of my life..." Matt said, nostalgic. He remembered it like itw as yesterday.

O ; O ; C ; >.> Well. Matt and Layla sure do touch a lot so...I can see how it applies lmao.

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ Yesh! We are! I have this weird pet peeve. I always have to say something in my OOC lol. I'm a strange one, I am
User Image

Call me Superman

Layla fixed Matt with a keen stair and smirked, "The star gave me more than just a handsome man. He is also sweet, caring, sarcastic, and witty... Just to name a few." She wasn't being sarcastic, she was too tired to be sarcastic. After looking at him for a moment longer, she propped her head on his shoulder again and stared unseeingly out the window as he spoke. She had never witnessed bullying, seeing as the school she use to go to was a very small Christian academy. There was no bullying in a school like that, you couldn't get away with it even if you tried. At that moment, Layla realized that Matt was a very brave person. She should have realized it the other day, when he had saved her from drowning, but she was a bit slow when it came to learning peoples personality traits.

"So you are Batman!" What Matt had done for the other kid, in his story, was exactly the kind of thing she thought a superhero would do. Matt was a superhero! She laughed a little, as she pictured him standing on the top of a building wearing a cape and a mask. It was a very amusing picture. The story had been a bit surprising, being beaten up wouldn't have been her top pick as fondest memory. It had a happy ending though. So, in the end, it really had been a good memory. It had taken sixteen years for Matt's brothers to respect him, they must be very hard to empress. That was a scary thought. Layla stood, without talking, for a long time. "Thanks for that." she finally said, "That helped me understand you and get to know you a little more than I already did."

Layla's eyes were starting to glaze over and she yawned. The clock on the wall read that it was well after midnight, it was actually getting closer to one in the morning. "I really hate to be a party crasher, but I need to get to bed. If I stay up any longer you are going to have to carry me into bed, again." She couldn't stall any longer, if she did she would probably fall asleep standing. The one problem with unexpected 'sleepovers', was the fact you didn't have your Pajamas. Layla was going to have to sleep in her clothes again.

There holding my hand
My superhuman might
Kryptonite

User ImageUser Image

((*Cough* That they do lol.... I'm so mad at myself right now! I copied the stuff I had already written, last night. Then, this morning, I copied something else and now I don't have my post! Ergggggg!))
@ I do too! It bothers me so much cause I'm just one of those people who has to have someone to talk to during the OOC. I always thought I was the only weird one out there like that lol!
What am I doing again?

So, that was what she thought Matt possessed? Charm, sarcasm, witty, and intelligence. He couldn't complain with any of that, but he felt like she was holding back a little bit. That being said, he didn't quite know what she truly saw in him, since he himself felt like she was way out of his league. But, she had chosen him, and that was what he should focus on, right? Right. There wasn't another thought in his mind. He was happier to know that she liked him for him, and with that, she had earned his trust. Not like she hadn't earned it before, he just felt reassured at the moment that she felt for him as deeply as he did for her. That was always a rewarding feeling. He felt as if he needed to say something though. He couldn't just let her hand like that. It wasn't right. Nor would he want that to be the only thing said. "Well, one would have to be qualified to date a woman of your stature, just saying. I believe I meet the minimal requirements. So, forgive me if I fall short in some areas." he replied with a calm smile, noticing that she had laid her head on his shoulder. He enjoyed the comfort. It was a feel that he wouldn't forget anytime soon, probably because it brought him so much comfort. He didn't have to pretend he was someone he was not, nor that he had to pretend to smile. She brought those smiles on naturally. She was magical.

Her next comment left him in awe for a moment, before he joined her in laughing. Matt? A superhero? Now, that was a little out there. He never had thought of himself as a superhero, nor did he ever think of himself as a savior of people. He was just an ordinary guy with high morals. Several people would had stepped in, if they were in the same position. That being said, he doubted many of them would take the hits. In truth. Matt never knew why he took them as well. He never really was a fighter. But, he would never let someone hit him. He always fought back when it was needed. Maybe that was it. It wasn't needed here. He was just protecting someone, and hitting back would only escalate the hate. Thinking back on it, Matt could remember the pain, and it made him cringe slightly. He wasn't too keen on that much pain anymore. Though, he was happy that he could do such things. Bringing himself back to reality, he smiled down at Layla. "I'm not as built as Batman. I'm a little scrawny, not as much muscle as him." he said modestly. It was true. He wasn't really as buff as Batman.

Listening carefully, he smiled when Layla decided it was time to go to bed. He was feeling the same way. Carrying her to bed, though. She might enjoy that. So, without further notice, he simply picked her up and moved her to his bed. He smiled a little smaller at her. "Well, I guess I will just carry you there anyway. Don't want to risk anything, eh?" he said and moved towards his room. He watched as he passed the doorway to the bathroom, and then kicked open the door, softly of course, to his room. He smiled at his king sized bed and the lack of other furniture in the room. He didn't need much to live. In fact. He only needed a dresser and closet. Both were barely full of clothing. A laundry basket lay in the far corner of the room and a bookshelf with several medical textbooks and souvenirs from different countries laying on the shelfs. He gently lay her on the bed and pointed to his closet. "You can use some of my clothes to change into, so you don't have to sleep uncomfortably. If you need anything, I'll be in the front room, okay?" he said quietly and smiled, placing his hands on his hips.

O ; O ; C ; O.O Clumsy, eh?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out