Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@O.O As intrigued as I am by this, I won't force you to tell me lol
A little to the left, a little to the right
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Matt was brought out of his iconic thoughts of Layla by her announcing her leaving. He couldn't help but to watch her go. He remembered her departure from the gym when he graduated. Watching her go was a painful event for Matt. He would never admit it to anyone, but he almost cried. The one person he had bonded with over the past four to five months left without an closure. It was disconcerting to him. But, he understood the predicament she was in, and he dealt with it as such. There was no reason to moan and groan about events out of their hands. He knew that Layla would likely be there for him, and his family, if she could have been. And that is all that mattered to him. He took a moment to look around and note the lively decorating that Layla had done to the apartment. Having a woman's touch was definitely an advantage to him. His apartment would always look good, smell nice, and remain clean. He was almost positive that Layla was cleanly as he was. Matt always found himself cleaning his home. Cleaning after his brother Sean, and his parents. A dirty house almost upset him to the point of depression. It was funny. A clean house has a major effect on ones mood. Matt wondered briefly if that was an OCD trait, or a gene mutation that linked chemicals in the brain to the stimulation of perceiving a clean house. It was highly improbable, but it was an interesting deduction nonetheless. Matt moved to the couch, where he sat down quietly and blinked a few times. It was quiet in the apartment. No steady noise. An occasional footstep could be heard from the floor above him, if he was straining his hearing, but other than that, it was dead silent. It was almost eerie to Matt. He didn't think he would be able to take such silence, always having a radio going or some ambiance in the back ground. Something to keep his mind off of the void that clung to the room. Reaching over, he turned on a lamp and watched as the shadows flashed across the room, jumping into their respective corners and leaving Matt to contemplate the great mysteries of life, yet again.

He pulled his hands up to his eyes, and studied them a lot. Matt was doing this a lot lately. He would stare at his hands and ponder things, such as pigment, and the genes that were coalesced to make the hand before him. What his specific gene make up was, and if there was a specific mutation within him that made him who he was. After all, that was all he was. A perfect combination of genetic mutations and non-mutated pairs of amino acids. His blues eyes, and hair color were all the effects of genetic diversity that ran rampant among the Gaian community. Everyone had their own ways of perceiving it, but Matt only saw different gene pairs. Was he overly analytical? He didn't believe so. He only saw the world in a different light then most people. Where some saw the sun and light, Matt perceived a Hydrogen giant, giving off rays of radiation that lit up the surrounding area. Where people saw diversity among a population, Matt only saw the difference a mutation in the gene sequence could make. Did that make him detached from most humans, or humanoid creatures? Well, he didn't know really. That was what scared him. His unknowing detachment to sentimentality. It didn't matter, he knew he felt love, and compassion, which Layla had shown him. And if that still showed that he was detached from a human type of sentimentality, then so be it. He didn't care to change who he was, only what he could become in the future. Matt may be intelligent, but that didn't mean he enjoyed over thinking the situations given to him. For example, he wondered constantly if he should make some sort of relationship oriented advance, or if he should play the continuous role of boyfriend. The rational left side of his brain would constantly tell him that time was a factor in the equation of successful relationships with Layla, but his artistic right lobe would argue that his heart felt that they were ready for so much more. It was all the confusion built up into the ball of nervousness and sarcasm that Layla called her own. Matt. Wow. Matt realized how incredibly depressing his thought process had become.

Upon hearing the door open, he peeked over to see Layla grabbing cloths and waltzing to the bathroom. His interest peaked, Matt slowly pushed himself off the couch and moved to the edge of the front-room, being able to see down the hallway. Blinking a bit, he decided to try an 'experiment'. Matt was curious to see what Layla truly saw in him. And what she saw passed, to be with him. He wanted to know what exactly pushed her to love him, an overly intelligent werewolf who was more sarcastic than compassionate. Seeing her walk out with a batman shirt on, Matt laughed quietly and shook his head. "Wonderful shirt. I didn't know you supported me so openly." he joked and watched her walk to the kitchen, where she hopped onto the counter and began to search for restaurant numbers. Narrowing his eyes, Matt could only see the bottom half of Layla, the cabinets above the island blocking off most of the view into the kitchen. He looked towards the wall slightly, grabbing his other arm as it dangled by his side, looking all the part of a lost and nervous child, Matt let his ears come out, and his tail unfurl. He hated to shape-shift. He hated to change his appearance. He hated what he was. But, he wanted to know more than anything what Layla would do if she saw him openly flaunting such a thing around. She never really got to see it often, due to Matt's open protest, but he figured she would be interested in it now. Moving into the kitchen, Matt walked in front of Layla, and picked up the phone book, moving it to the side carefully, and then placing his hands on either side of her. Matt felt nervous about all of this still, but he knew that it meant nothing more than being close to Layla. Pushing himself forward, he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, and set himself squarely in front of her, hugging her close. He didn't know exactly what to say at that moment, his words were gone. Matt's mouth was open but, he had nothing to come out, only a blank expression on his face, his ears arched forward, and tail curled slightly up over his shoulder.

And you will find that IT'S gonna be alright...

O ; O ; C ; lol. When it comes to Post layouts, I suck at creating things. I can't edit photos. I can draw all day, but when it comes to editing...I might as well be trying to tear apart a computer. I am so lost lol. You win at this one. Trust me :3 But, I won't burden you with making me one. I shall attempt it!

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@Meh, I don't really care, but thanks smile
User Image

User Image

The small redhead laid her phone down, but continued to flip through the pages of the phone book. What other wonderful things did this city have to hold? She knew about the park and the Chinese restaurants, but that was about it. It was funny, she had lived here for the beginning half of her life and didn't even know what there was to do in the city- granted, that had been a long time ago. She had missed living in the city, it was great to be back, maybe a little sad though. This was where she had lived with her parents. Not this exact building- since this building was only five years old and she had moved long before that- the Gracetons had lived in the outer parts of the city, in what was called the Westlanding district- it was where all the rich people lived, in their big houses, with their nice cars (Or brooms). Layla remembered her neighbors quite well. Most of the people in Westlanding had been some form of magical creature. It was like The Gates, but in real life. That made Layla laugh as she looked down at the phone book.

She flipped through the yellow pages of the book absentmindedly, not really looking anymore but remembering back to when she had lived here before. She didn't even realize that Matt had come into the room, until he was gently pull the book from her hands. Surprised, Layla looked up at her boyfriend's face, only to be met by something even more shocking. Ears. "Oh!" Matt had never transformed willingly for her before, it had always been when she begged him- though it didn't take much begging on her part. Matt would do pretty much anything for her. Even changed. She had to admit, it was still a bit unnerving to see her human not so human. It didn't matter though- him being a werewolf. She didn't fall for the werewolf Matt, she fell for the human one. She fell for that Matt that he strove to be everyday, forcing his werewolf self somewhere deep down inside. That didn't mean she didn't love his werewolf self too, because she did. Very much so. It was still a part of him- a part that made him who he is, even if he didn't like it. It was like how Layla's awful past made her who she was, Matt's secret of being a werewolf made him who he was. In a way, Layla was glad that Matt was a wolf. It meant that he was different too, not just her.

A small humming laugh escaped her lips as she looked Matt over. Her face still glowed with a light pink color from his touch. "Well hi there." she murmured as she touched the tips of his ears lightly, then pulled herself into his arms. Layla had to fight the childish urge to touch his tail as well, so she closed her eyes and buried her head into his neck. The only time Matt had ever touched her when he was shifted, was the night her uncle had attacked them, and that was only because she hadn't known. Other than that night, Matt had pretty much kept his distance while showing her his wolfish self. Layla couldn't help but wonder if it was because he thought he would lose control and hurt her. So many questions rose up in her throat, but she pushed them back down. Maybe all he needed right now, was to know that Layla accepted this other half of him as well as the human. She had told him before that she did, but even she knew that it sometimes took more than words to make someone believe something. She wasn't going to act any different with Matt as a halfwolf and Matt as a human, they were both the same person- only one had fur... It still amazed her that he was a wolf though, she couldn't help it. It was exciting to her, just like Matt had been excited when he found out she was a witch. Maybe sometime she would ask him all the questions she had for him- like, do werewolves live forever? Is it true they are only killed with silver bullets? Why didn't he changed just on a full moon, was that a wives' tale?- but right then, she was content with the fact that he was finally opening up to her. Having a werewolf as a boyfriend was pretty interesting. She wouldn't say this to him out loud, but she had always wanted a dog- not that Couscous wasn't amazing.

(O)out (O)f (O)ranges: All right then lol If you feel the need, then go for it. ^^ hope that's what you were looking for.

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@You're welcome! :3

Beast: An animal, esp. a large or dangerous four-footed one. Matt had studied the term for years after he found out his truth. His entire world revolved around the word, and the terminology that surrounded the single syllable term. It haunted his dreams, dampened his spirits and fogged his future. But, by some stroke of luck, whether it earned or just dumb, Matt found someone just as strange as he was, with as dark a past as his secret. Someone who took the a out of beast. Matt had never really given thought unto rampancy, that is, the uncontrollable turning into a werewolf. Not until now. When Layla was at risk of becoming a victim. He could tell that she knew why he refused to be close to here when he was 'different'. He could see the questions forming on the edge of her lips. Matt saw every bit of it, and knew that it would come sooner or later. Though, her reaction always seemed to surprise him. Though, more so now than it did before hand. The only time she had ever laid a hand on him when he was changed, was on the night that her uncle attacked them, and that was only because he felt he could hide the secret. Now? Now she knew exactly what he held inside him all the time, and every day. So, it came as a slight shock to him, when she touched his ears, delicately, and embraced him as he did her. Part of Matt probably thought that she would freak and push away, like she had that one night she slept over. But, deep down, and Matt knew it, he knew she would accept it and most likely just enjoy the ability to see someone just as different as her, feeling for her. Matt blinked a few times, and his face flushed. His cognitive responses had backfired, and he still had no words to put to his explanation for Layla. For all she knew, he had just shown up with ears and a tail and begged for attention. It was funny the parallels you could connect between man and animal. Especially now. A half-wolf teenage boy begging for the attention of a woman, owner, significant other. Yeah, Matt could see how the irony was working its way into the situation.

Clearing his throat, he pulled away slowly, and cocked his head, his ears twitching ever so slightly. "Aheh. I guess this means you gotta feed me, take care of me, and call me Matt..." he teased, trailing off slightly. His tail coiled slightly. He hadn't fully mastered the ability to maneuver the flimsy muscle, but it was getting easier as he got older. The fluffy tail didn't really need to be moved, unless he was trying to balance. Which was harder now, for some odd reason. He blamed the slippery tiles of the kitchen. Blinking, he rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. "I know you have questions...and. I figured that after we get done ordering something...I could answer some.." he offered. It wasn't unlike Matt to answer any question to those who wanted the answers, but he felt this was more deserved than those other moments. Reasonably so. Grabbing her hand idly, Matt slowly reached up to place it on his ear. "Soft ears, and spots to scratch. Just don't start whistling, or beckoning. Haven't been trained enough for that sort of thing." he poked, sarcastically. The best way Matt knew to ease the situation into a conversation that Layla and he would both find interesting. He'd done it many times beforehand. And it wouldn't be any different now.

Layla's reaction had calmed Matt. It had eased any trouble within his heart, and made him realize the needlessness for doubt. Now, of all times, he was more interested in seeing what questions she had about him, in general. She had pretty much dissected Matt in the time they had spent together, asking him all about his life, and ideas, creations, knowledge. This was a new topic, a new branch, a new echelon of conversation that had been opened up to her. No doubt that Layla would be the first to dive right in and ask right away. "Oh, and by the way. I didn't want to build the fort without you, seeing as you have much better skills at interior design than I do, so I need your help with that, if you don't mind, ma'am." he added, winking. Dropping his hand to lay on Layla's thigh, he stared at her outstretched arm, attached to his ear. "If you scratch behind it, I might start kicking my leg..." he kidded. Though, he doubted it would be untrue. He had never tried it, but the thought was sure enticing, and it made sense, seeing as he was pretty much a dog in most cases. Just, not as docile, and intelligent. So, he was an intelligent dog. Oh boy. Matt sure knew how to flatter himself.

O ; O ; C ; Step one: Find editor. Anyway. Yes...it was...eerily exactly what I was hoping @-@ I'm...a little scared honestly. Didn't think it would work out that smoothly...

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@ Eggnog!!!! Mummy got be Eggnog!!!!
User Image

User Image

It's sad that dogs, or any animal really, are calming to people. They often take such animals into hospitals to visit dying patients, so their last days are more comfortable. It's also said that animals can make a person live longer, because they ward of depression. Cancer patients are sad to be able to beat cancer, if they are visited by cute, fluffy creatures. It seemed that animals just made people happy. Maybe that's why they were created? To make people happy? Layla wasn't sure. All Layla was sure of, was that Matt made her extremely happy. It wasn't just because he happened to be a human wolf hybrid, though that did make things interesting. It was because he was... Well, him. Sometimes Layla can't explain why something made her happy, it just did. Matt being the person he was made her happy. Need there be any other explanation than that?

Layla pulled back from where her head was resting on his shoulder, keeping her arms locked around his neck, "I will gladly feed you, because I want you to be a well taken care of puppy." she shot back sarcastically. Was the fact that Matt was a wolf the reason he had such a wonderful appetite? She shook her head slightly. No, he was a boy. Boys eat just like wolves anyway, so there wasn't much difference there. "I already order." she answered sheepishly, "I ordered what you ordered last time we had Chinese, hope you don't mind... Oh and two extra eggrolls, because they're my favorites. I-" him taking her hand made her trail off. His ears were soft and silky to the touch, just like a real dogs ears. But of course they were so. He was, after all, a real wolf. Layla trailed her fingers along the edges of his ears, just tracing the shape. She couldn't help but wonder what he looked like as a full wolf. Would he, if she asked, show her? Layla didn't think so. She knew he wouldn't have as much control being a full wolf, and he wouldn't risk hurting her just because she was curious. Even though Matt was carefree and silly a lot of the time, he was still cautious and protective; the perfect complement to Layla, who would often find herself in dangerous situations thinking, 'How did I get myself into this?'

Her fingers ran over his ears then found a place to scratch, just at the base of his left ear. The whole idea of him licking himself on the leg seemed extremely amusing to Layla, she couldn't help but try and see if he would actually do it. It would definitely make him look silly, that was for sure. As Layla scratched, her face started to glow with a sort of childish wonder. She might look and act more mature than before, but it was the little things that brought all her silly, innocent, childishness back in a rush. "So, were you bitten by a werewolf or are werewolves just born?" she asked, still scratching behind his ear. A thought hit her. If Matt was born a werewolf, wouldn't that mean... "Is everyone in your family a werewolf?!" the idea was a bit petrifying, she had to admit. Hanging out with a family of wolves- literally, a pack of wolves. Layla snorted at the thought. Couscous would have a bird if Matt's whole family were wolves. He had been all right with Matt being one. His exact words, "Matt is what makes you happy, so it makes me happy. Though, he does smell like wet dog." She hadn't ever noticed Matt having a smell, let alone a bad one. Then again, Couscous had a highly sensitive nose, so Matt could rightly smell like a dad and she wouldn't know it. That also made her wonder, did all magical creatures have different smells? If they did, she hoped witches smell like cocoanut M&Ms, because those things were amazing! Hey, maybe Matt could tell her if she smelled like M&Ms! The train of thought that Layla had gone down was a bit strange, even for her. She quickly shook herself away from such strange thoughts.

After thoroughly wiping her mind clean of a M&M related thoughts, Layla took Matt's hand and hopped down from her perch on the counter, "Come, O' Prince of Mine. Let us build our castle!" So, if Matt was a prince, that would make Layla a princess, right? When she was little, she had always wanted to be a princess. She was a strange child though. She didn't want to be a princess for the pretty clothes or the balls, she wanted to be a princess so she would one day grow up to be a kind ruler. All the movies about princess portrayed them to be selfish little imps that only cared about what they wanted. Why could they make just one princess movie where the princess just wanted to grow up to be like her mom, instead of running away to find true love. Couldn't true love find you wherever you are, even in a castle? If two people were meant to be together, they would find each other. Like Layla and Matt. They had found each other. Oh, there went her mind again. She really needed to keep it in check. M&Ms and now Princess? Just shows you how very strange- and spaghetti like- a woman's mind really is.

(O)out (O)f (O)ranges: I'm not sure if that's good or bad... Here: Gimp (That's a free) Photoshop (Free thirty days) Both of those are fancy and take getting used to. Might as well stick with photobucket, it works just as well and you don't have to download it.

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@I've honestly...never...had....eggnog before >.>

Hm. She sure caught on to the sarcasm train fast. Layla's comment made him smile inherently. Though, he wouldn't expect much less from her. She had been able to keep up with him sarcastically for as long as he could remember talking to her. Well, the first few days they saw each other was a bit of a rough spot, but other than that, they seemed to be on par most days. Chuckling, Matt grinned at her, having no real come back to the comment she had made. He was glad that she didn't think of this entire motion as an advancement, only a desire to offer more information about her boyfriend. Plus, the knowledge of having food on its way to the apartment was nice too. Matt had to admit, he was a sucker for Chinese food, though, it always unsettled him what exactly he could be eating. Matt was always one to ask questions, but when it came to foreign food? No inquiries were heard from him. The unknown was better, letting his imagination think of cow or chicken. Seemed to settle his stomach faster that way, too. In any case, Matt was brought back by Layla's question. Was he bitten? Ah. No. That was false. Werewolves don't come into being by being bitten. No. It's a hereditary trait passed on through generations, a curse it would seem. It can be transferred through the blood transfusion, much like several blood-born illnesses. Matt was just lucky enough to be born into a family of werewolves. A family of gun-ho warriors. Oh how he didn't fit in. But, that didn't bother him, nor did it bother his family. He wondered, briefly, if they would be open to a cure if he found the solution? Hm, an interesting thought, but not one that fit in to the current set of emotions or conversation at the moment. Before long, Matt realized himself leaning into Layla's hand, the one scratching behind his ear. How odd. He was like a common house hold pet. Tame enough to be petted. It was mighty comforting, feeling his fur being scratched, the skin tingly from her touch. Matt felt it was more relaxing than demeaning. Of course, he WAS being petted by his girlfriend. An odd thought in itself.

Clearing his throat, Matt opened one eye to peer at Layla. "We are not contracted through salivary infection. It's more of a genetic/hereditary trait passed down. So, naturally, my family is a pack of werewolves. Hint: why we get along so well in the military. That being said, the curse is also blood-born, meaning that it can be transferred through the oral intake of an infected person's blood. I.E. a vampiric action such as sucking my blood." Matt had to say the last part as if he were Transylvanian, and bared his fangs in a non threatening way. He guessed that she would be more awed that his entire family was one big happy puppy family. As wrong as that sounded. It was kinda true, though, they were hardly as cute as puppies. Well....maybe Matt was. He was pretty adorable. Though, he had never fully transformed for someone to see how he looked. It was far too dangerous. The act of it meant that Matt was a different person entirely, a different entity. He kept his sanity, but his mind was taken over by the beast that was passed on to him through bad luck. Whatever the case, Matt smiled at Layla. Maybe she had what it took to tame his inner demon. Though that sounded incredibly corny and like it came out of a movie. "Ah, and before I forget. Since you have undoubtedly noted; I like my ears rubbed. A lot. In fact, it's my weakness, even as Batman, I would be totally defenseless if someone rubbed my ears. So. As the great Ben Parker said to Spider-Man once...With great power, comes great responsibility." Matt said with a wink and rolled his neck. He had noticed that she had stopped rubbing his ears, and while he was awfully enticed to ask her to continue, he figured it would be a little weird to have a boyfriend who constantly asked you to treat him like a dog, and pet him. Maybe he would curl up into a ball on the couch, have Layla curl up next to him with a book, and pet him on a cold winter night when nothing good was on T.V. The very thought made Matt snort with disdain. The life of a house pet seemed too good to be true.

Breaking his concentration, Matt watched as Layla hopped down and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards his bedroom. Building a fort/castle, for real? He thought she was joking. Well, he should have known better with Layla. She always caught him off guard, so he should be used to it by now, though he was undoubtedly curious to see what imagination she could have with the fort-to-be. He never said he didn't build forts when he was little, but, he never actually built one with the thought of going to sleep within it. So, all in all, this was a new experience for him, to be building a castle with the intent of actually living in it. "Well, Princess Layla, your highness, I cannot say no to you." he said, eyes a little wide with surprise at the sudden outburst of energy. He wondered briefly if Layla had a lot of dreams to be a princess when she was a child. It seemed to fit her personality. Without thinking, Matt slowly receded his ears and tail, feeling they had been out for far too long.

O ; O ; C ; Ahem. It's fine, don't worry. Just pushing the story along a bit, with a bit more clarity I guess. >.> I'm not as good as I say. I'm more like old flour...wannabe plot thickener xD

And thank you. I'm working on a new layout now! It's not as easy as I thought ._.

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@Ohhh... My.... Gosh (<--- said like a southern girl) You poor child! I have nothing to say... >.>
User Image

User Image

So all the stories were untrue? You couldn't become a werewolf by being bitten by one? Well, that was relieve. Though, the way you became a werewolf- if you weren't born into it- was just as strange biting. So you had to... Drink a werewolves blood? Who in their right mind would do that? Well, maybe a vampire. So, if a vampire drank a werewolf's blood, then it would become a vamwolf? That was just strange and slightly unappealing. Layla highly doubted that would happen, since werewolves and vampires had been feuding for who knows how long. No one outside the two races knew why. Probably because a vampire sucked a werewolf's blood and her turned into vamwolf, then the vampires got made and decided they didn't like the werewolves any more all because they couldn't restrain themselves long enough to realize that they should drink werewolf blood. Stupid vampires. It got Layla to thinking though. What would a vamwolf look like? Ha. Vamwolf. Oh the things Layla's mind came up with. "I shall try to be very responsible with your kryptonite." Layla shot back sarcastically. If they were making superhero references then she was using Superman- only because he had already used Batman and Spider-man. Lame.

She wasn't entirely sure how she was going to build the fort, or where she was going to build it for that matter. The living room seemed like the best option, since there were more places to anchor the blankets, but then they would be sleeping on the floor. Layla sighed as she looked at the bedroom, then down at all the blankets and pillows she had collected from the living room. It was just like when she was little. She and her dad had turned their living room into a cave one night, while her mom was gone. Boy, did Mrs. Graceton have a surprise when she got home. They all ended up sleeping there that night. Moments like that were what Layla missed the most. She had been four then, and she still remembered it perfectly. She started draping blankets of the bed, trying to make them stay up, but it wasn't working out too well. It frustrated Layla every time the blankets would slip to the ground, and if they did stay, there wasn't enough room under them to sit up. It wasn't working, but she wasn't about to give up. With a small huff, she went and got some chairs from the kitchen table to use as blanket anchors. She even went as far as to stack the boxes in the room to drape blankets over.

Did you ever have the moments, when you're making a bed, and the blankets are extremely awkward and large, and you just can't seem to figure out the best way to get them on the bed? Layla was having one of those moments with the fort blankets. It was an extremely large, blue blanket that had to be twice as tall as she was. She was fumbling with it, trying to figure out what the heck she was supposed to do with it. It was funny to watch. She looked like a toddler with its oversized baby blanket. Well, she felt like a toddler with its oversized baby blanket. "I suck at this." she pouted as she dragged the huge blanket up onto the bed. She might be good at decorating, but let's face it, building a fort was not decorating. She was about to give up, when she noticed a picture hanging above the bed. Layla stood up and tucked the blanket behind it, then sighed with satisfaction. Step one, complete. Just as long as no one hit the picture, everything would be fine. She sat sheepishly on the bed, looking at Matt with big green eyes. She had just thought of a question. One that was really important to her. "So, do werewolves live forever... O-or longer than humans?" of course that question would come up.

(O)out (O)f (O)ranges: Well, being a wolf sure made the plot thicken... Wonder what I can do to make it thicken... Having a legion of undead on her mother's side? They could all be her second cousins three times removed >.> Stupid fort... Making hard to write...
Can't wait!! Yeah... It's kinda hard. I get all jealous when I see good layouts.

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@It's fine, I found out what it was actually. Not sure I want to have some...Egg and Milk? o.o

There was something special about watching Layla try and make a fort. A sense of kidish joy and wonder that entrapped her and turned her into the innocent teenage girl that Matt had grown to adore. Her eyes flared with excitement and disappointment. Her lip trembled and curved with her emotions just as quickly as they changed. Matt chuckled and switched all his weight to his left foot, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. An air of beauty clung to Layla when she was like this. Full of wonderment and adventure. She had achieved that sense of innocence that everyone wanted back, the sense of innocence only a child could have. And it drove Matt insane, knowing that she was the only one of their age to be graced with that sort of ability. He would give anything to be like that, again. It just overjoyed him, knowing that Layla had it. It was nice. Her moods always rubbed off onto Matt. All he had to do was see her smile, or watch her try and figure something out. Yes, it was the only thing needed to make Matt change into a totally different person. It was like that when Matt was home for the Summer, and he knew his parents saw it in him. There was always that one person who could spark something in you, and make you smile like no other thing could. Layla was that something, she was that person for Matt. And it was for this exact reason that he loved her the way he had. The reason why he had gotten along with her so well. His arms flexed randomly, causing him to look down at them, blinking indifferently. It hit him then, how he was dying to just be the one person Layla looked up too in her life. To be the one person that she went to for all her needs, to be a provider that could giver her a better life than what had been set before her when she couldn't even make her own decisions. Matt wanted to be that one figure in her life, that held the influence to steer her for the stars just like she had him. He wanted to be that one person.

Looking back up, Matt smiled and eased off the frame of the doorway, and slowly began to walk forward. If there was a theme song that could have been played for any moment in life for Matt, he guessed it would probably have to be 'Have Faith in Me' by A Day to Remember. He knew that he would have to ask a lot of Layla to openly trust him with her life, and everything, even though it was kind of a mutual agreement dating back to when her uncle had attacked that one night. But, Matt had never really asked Layla to give him her full confidence and faith, to trust him openly and lower all her barriers, the ones she carefully constructed early in her life to block out people like her foster family. That was something Matt realized would be an obstacle, but he didn't think he would actually have to break them down. How wrong he was. He knew now that he would have to just to get closer to Layla, though getting closer to her seemed to be hard to imagine, since they were already so close. They had shared each others secrets, saved each other from death, and held each others life in the balance. So, what more could be asked of a couple like that? Matt didn't have an answer just then, he doubted he would have one in a while anyway. Regardless of that, Matt picked up a box and placed it on top of a pillar of boxes made by Layla, to hold down a blanket she had draped over it. She had a knack for creating forts, he had to give her that. It probably came with several years of practice, when she was rather young that is. He doubted her foster parents would have ever conceived of this type of idea with Layla involved.

Peering at Layla, who now sat on the bed, staring at him with her deep emerald eyes. The same wonderment full to the brim, but they contained a different emotion that he could place at the moment. What was it? Was it excitement? No, there was too little energy for that. Was it fear? Well, kinda. There was a sense of depravity that hung about her pupils, a sense of remorse tearing at the edges, What could she be thinking about to make her so on edge like this? It was the wonderful mystery he called his girlfriend. Her moods varied so much, she was an adventure all in herself, but he enjoyed every bit of it. Though, when she asked he seeming harmless question, Matt froze in his tracks. Would he live forever? Well, he had never really thought about it? The entire idea of him living forever was absurd, who would live forever-...Ah well, maybe Witches lived for extended periods of time, they could always change their looks to be younger, or just age slower. Matt truly didn't know. He did know that from what he read in tales, Witches always seemed to live forever, an eternity bestowed upon them, that was why they always showed up, in different forms. So, he guessed it was natural for her to ask this sort of question, to know if he would be around forever. With her, forever. That would be the reasoning for the heavy eyes, which still bored into him, at this very moment. I KNOW I don't live forever, maybe a century more than normal humans, that's it. There is no way I can talk my way out of this one...I can only just try and break that sort of knowledge to her gently. I didn't even think about it when I showed her...damn me and my irrational gestures. he mentally berated himself. He would have to tell her, and that would definitely sour the mood for sure. She would get lost in her thoughts, and he would have to chase after her. Not unless he broke it to her easily, somehow. But that was a task much bigger to Matt than he thought he could actually do.

Matt sighed and moved forward, taking as seat next to her. "Hm. Do werewolves last forever. Well, could you imagine someone like me being around forever? The world would be so full of sarcasm, it'd burst. Though, now that I think of it...the world might explode without me. I am rather important." he joked pointlessly and looked down at his hands. Flexing his fingers individually and extended them in return, Matt tried to think of a way to tell her. There was really nothing he would be able to say to tell her 'Well, yeah, eventually I'm gonna leave you. Then you will be on your own again, cause I'll be LONG gone. Dead. Done. Kaput' Well, that was a rather harsh way of saying it, but it was depressing to just think about it. "No. We do not." he replied in a mellow tone, his eyes still boring holes into his hands. He couldn't look at her disappointment right now. It would make him feel even more guilty than he already did. "We live maybe a century more than a normal human, at most. Depends on most Werewolves, since most are in the service, some die faster than that." he continued his explanation, finding no way to make it joyous. There could be little comfort in this conversation, the eventuality of death and despair. Sighing one more, Matt chuckled sadly and cocked his head, looking up at the wall and leaning back on his hands. "Nope. Just think of human years as my form of dog years, on an extended chart." he pointed out, before falling silent.

O ; O ; C ; lol. Yeah, I'm sure that would do the trick rather easily, now wouldn't it? Aha.

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@Well if ya put it that way! I still like it. Though I really can't stand eggs, which is weird.
User Image

User Image

Well, this sucked. She shouldn't have asked. She had known the answer, yet she had still asked. Why? With a sigh, Layla let her big green eyes drift down to her hands, which rested neatly in her lap. Witches didn't live forever- that was just in the stories, and everyone knew the stories about witches came from the overactive minds of humans- but they did live a pretty long time. It was the magic that flowed through every inch of them that did it; through their blood, in their skin, everywhere. The magic made them age slower, it made it harder for them to get sick. Magic was like a blessing and a curse all wrapped into one. You can live almost forever, but at what price? Watching the people you love pass away into the dust and only having the fond memories of them to live with. Watching everything you once knew fall apart and be replaced. If you think of magic in that way, it truly is a curse. How can someone live, yet watch the things they love die? Layla knew it would break her heart. Everything she watched slip away would be like someone stealing pieces of her heart until there was nothing left but an empty pit where all her love had been stored, but had viciously been stripped away. She would be an empty shell of her former self by the time she was at death's door, and she would be glad to die. She knew she would be, because she would have nothing else to live for. That is the curse of magic.

Though magic had its curses, it had its blessings too. If you really think about it, if it weren't for magic, Layla would have never met Matt. What would life have been like if she had never met Matt? Layla wouldn't dream of finding out- she was too content with being with him. That might have been considered selfish, but she didn't care. She loved Matt. Matt wouldn't live forever, but he would live longer. Longer than she thought he might. A hundred years longer than a human. A hundred years to be together, if that is what he choose. In that time, she would make sure he was happy. She would make sure that nothing happened. And above all, she would make sure he knew she loved him.

Could she imagine someone like him being around forever. Well, that was a silly question, because if she imagined being with him forever, then therefore she imagined him being around forever. "I didn't think you did. I hoped you did but-" she cut herself off and looked up at him with a small smile. What a depressing conversation they were having, "We're just going to have to make sure you're that one werewolf that defies all odds and lives forever, wont we?" she teased, trying to lift the dark mood that had descended over the room.

There was a quiet buzzing that came from Layla's pocket, causing her to jump. She couldn't really tell you why she was so jumpy. Maybe because of the seriousness of the conversation? It had been awfully serious. With a graceful flourish of her hand, Layla pulled her phone from her pocket, "Hello?" she answered. The hum of another person's voice came over the tiny speaker and Layla grinned, "Oh, Poppi, you figured out how to use your phone!" she teased. Another short burst of humming came from the speaker at the other end and Layla's smile turned into a frown, "Is everything all right?... What?!... No, Poppi!" this was serious. You could tell by Layla's eyes. What was it? Fear? "What about Becca?... Of course I would! She's my sister!... Oh, don't give me that!" Layla snapped, for once living up to the fiery expectations of her hair, "She hasn't done anything wrong! She's only five!... Poppi, you can't-... What? You did?!... No, no, no, no!... Why? Why?" Layla lifted her hand to her face, tears forming in her eyes. How could he do that? That's not what she wanted, for Becca's sake. "Poppi, I can't talk about this right now... No, I just can't!... Of course I'm upset!... All right... Love you too. Bye." Layla let the phone fall from her hand. She just sat there. Several moments passed where she didn't say anything. She just sat, her eyes fixed on the floor. Tears threatened to spill over, but she wouldn't let them. Finally she spoke, her voice no more than a whisper, "He turned them in. My grandpa turned my foster parents in."

(O)out (O)f (O)ranges: "Oh hey, Matt, this is my cousin Frank! Oh, careful now! He might try to eat your toes... Yeah, he has a thing for toes." lol Dun dun dun! Why is she so upset I wonder?

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@So...it's...kinda like tomatoes and ketchup for most people, lol

Matt couldn't expect any other reaction then the curving of Layla's lip into the frown she wore rarely. It tore him up to see it. But, this was one of those situations he couldn't get by. Of course, he guessed he had avoided the subject this long without incident. Whatever the situation would have been, Matt was stuck in the current predicament. How would he help calm her down after knowing that she was going to outlive him. Matt knew that if he was in HER position, he would pretty much lose hope and a lot of his optimism. The inevitable end of his life was a dampening thought, but one that he took seriously. It probably explained why he had such high goals, knowing that he had to reach them before his death. The thought of that alone mentally punched him in the face. What was Matt's true goal? What was he striving for? A Doctorates in Medicine? That was short term, persay. What did he want for his life. What would help him ease his worries of death, and let him move on knowing that he had done everything he wanted in his life? What would give him the peace of mind to pass on? It wasn't necessarily a hard thing to answer, but he had a pretty good idea of what it was. It was to help Layla. He didn't necessarily know when he had come to such a conclusion, but it was obvious to him now. Layla's life had to be completely corrected by the time Matt died. That was the unspoken goal he had subconsciously set for himself. He living quality after he died made Matt worried. He would do anything to make sure she was happy afterwords. Did she know that? He doubted she would be very happy immediately after his death, but, he knew that he would be happier when she had moved on and started her life again. Meant that he had done his job, and helped Layla back on the road to recovery after the traumatic events earlier on in her childhood. Blinking, Matt shook himself from the deep thoughts rounding his mind, and turned to Layla. He wouldn't be able to explain all of this to her right away, but he knew that she would understand regardless, she had too. There was no other way around it. Her jokes were somewhat comforting nonetheless. "I'm too stubborn to die, you know that." he added softly, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Layla. I'm not going to leave you. Ever." he stated, convicted.

The soft buzz coming from Layla's pocket was enough to make Matt jump a little himself, and smile inadvertently. Letting her answer the phone, Matt stood up and moved to his closet, slowly lifting boxes near the doorway, into the closet itself. It was a walk-in, and had a lot more space than what he needed. Which was probably why he had a girl living with him. She would make better use of the space than himself. He lacked the sufficient amount of clothing items. Kicking the few boxes into the door, and sliding it shut behind him, Matt turned around and started walking back to Layla, hearing the conversation become more and more heated. He caught bits and pieces, but it was mostly confusing to him, since he didn't know exactly what was going on. Watching her closely, Matt was hoping to detain certain details about the conversation. What she might be talking about, or what could be causing to sour. Today was just one of those days where things didn't quite go right. It was almost eight anyway. Wait. It was almost eight! The Chinese food! It should have been delivered ten minutes ago! Oh man! Matt sprung out of the room and too the door, opening it viciously just in time to see the courier of food moving down the hallway back to the elevators. Matt hollered and ran to him, money in hand. After a quick exchange, Matt brought the food back and placed it on the counter of the Kitchen. Sighing, he thanked the luckiness he had. His eyes moved towards the bedroom again, where he still heard voices. It wouldn't hurt to go and find out what was going on now, would it?

Matt walked back into the room just to hear Layla close her phone. She seemed on the verge of tears. A sight that Matt wasn't overly fond of. Taking a few steps forward, Matt stopped dead in his tracks when she relayed the news. So. Her grandpa had done the one thing that Matt had wished for. It was funny, he thought he would be more happy to see this sort of thing to happen, but it didn't bring him as much happiness as he once remembered. A frown played upon his face, and he moved forward to Layla. "Oh dear. That...is.." Matt honestly was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to say in this sort of thing. He was happy they were gone, but sad and confused at Layla's anguish. It had to be Becca. The little girl that Layla always talked about. She was probably worried about her safety, or what would happen to her, since they were turned in for child abuse. "I'm sorry to hear all of this..you must be afraid for Becca...Well, think of it this way..she will be out of their hands, and most likely given to a relative, like your Grandfather. So..it isn't all bad, right?" Matt said, moving to get on his knees in front of Layla, gripping her hands in his. Using his left hand for a moment, he lifted her chin so her large green eyes stared into his blue ones. They were so full of hurt, fear, and sadness. He hated that look. Layla should never have to feel any of this. She was too beautiful. Too nice. Too amazing of a girl to have undergone such mistreatment. "C'mon. The chinese is here. With your eggrolls. Those..nasty little things.." Matt said, trying to lift the mood.

O ; O ; C ; O.O And then he digests Matt in flurry of zombie like motions...

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@Yup, somethin' like that! It's mostly just scrambled eggs I don't like. Have no idea why.
User Image

User Image

"Don't worry Layla. I'm not going to leave you. Ever." It was a promise. The best kind of promise, "And I will always be here too." she replied in a soft voice. The ringing of her phone ruined the perfect moment...

The news had come as bit of a shock to Layla. He grandfather had done the one thing she had asked him not to do. Why? It was a good thing, in some ways, but bad in others. Matt had it right. It was about Becca. Becca, the only other person besides Matt and her grandpa, that she cared about. The poor little angel. What would she do? "We aren't related to them." Layla stated quietly, her voice trembling as she thought about Becca and what might happen to her. Her foster parents had been friends of the family. Some friends they turned out to be. "She can't come live with us unless my grandpa adopts her, and he won't do that. He has enough on his plate with just me, now that grandma is gone." Layla leaned forward and placed her forehead on Matt's. Why did stuff like this have to happen to innocent people? What had Becca ever done? "She's only five and she is going to be placed in the system! She's going to be taken away from everything she's ever know- granted her parents weren't the best- they never laid a hand on her. The never touched her. I didn't want this for her. What if she's sent to a home that's abusive?" She whimpered, trying not to cry. Quickly she pushed back letting her body fall back on the bed. Her mind was going through so much right now, "I won't get to see her ever again!" She really felt like she was losing something. It would be like not being able to see Matt ever again. Would she cease to exists?

Layla's thoughts just went from bad to worse. She didn't want to lose Becca. She couldn't lose her. Matt was right though. Her foster parents could turn on Becca, now that she was gone. Maybe being put into the system wasn't so bad. But Layla had heard awful things about it. She was blessed that she hadn't gone through it, but was what she went through worse? Was Becca better off? Layla was having trouble wrapping her mind around everything. Maybe what she needed was... Pie? Didn't pie help clear things up? She had watched MIB 3 way to many times over the Summer. Chinese food was going to have to work for now. She would just forget about everything for a moment. That was the least she could do. This was the first time she was seeing Matt in ages, and here she was making things awkward and unpleasant.

Layla slid off the bed, a little more awkwardly than she had wanted, and into Matt's arms. Just forget about it for now Layla. It doesn't do you any good to think about it when you're so upset. she told herself. "Food sounds good. Food sound really good right now.." she whispered from her place on Matt's neck. She was calm now. It had taken her a while, but she had calmed herself down. Having Matt there was the key to her calm. He was like her rock. His words had done their job in comforting her and she was able to think, at least a little, more clearly. She had freaked out earlier. She did have every right to, Becca being her little sister, but she had still freaked out. Poor Matt. Layla really couldn't see what he saw in her. All she was, was problem after problem and yet he was still there.

Layla stood and stretched her short little body as far as she could. Time for her metaphorical pie. Layla smiled down at her boyfriend, the idea of 'her boyfriend' make her smile more, despite her foul mood. Why was he still there? She thought she would have chased him off long ago- what with her being a witch and all, but then again, he was a werewolf- yet there he sat, letting her invade his space. "Come on then. You've waited for your food long enough, just like a good boy." she snorted sarcastically, playing along with Matt's attempt to lighten the damp mood. "You're going to eat an eggroll though. Do I look like I can eat all the eggrolls on my own? She asked and tried puffing her small belly out. It didn't work. Layla couldn't puff her stomach even if her life depended on it. "Come on, come on, come on, come on-" she continued her chant as she tried fruitlessly to pull Matt up off the floor. She might be a witch, but that didn't mean she had mega muscles.

(O)out (O)f (O)ranges: Noooooo! Matt was supposed to go all ninja wolf on him!

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
@You are an interesting individual >.>
This is what I am, and this is what I've become..

There was always that moment in your life where things seemed to stand still, and you could admire even the most random instances in which would have no importance to anyone besides you. This would be one of those interesting moments. Even after the news that Layla had to bear, she found some sort of thing to say in which she supported hope. Her personality wouldn't be able to support any other action. Matt realized that. Her entire being was that of a success story, through and through. She would never accept no as an answer, and she would never rest until she completed all her goals. What could a girl like her possibly need with a moral support chain like him? Ironic. The one person that needed him, actually didn't need him at all. He needed her. All that aside, when she slide off to hug Matt, burying her face in his neck, Matt froze. Even after their affectionate actions, he was still nervous when it came to the things she did. He wasn't sure why, maybe it was his little boy nervousness that came with dating someone you loved. Ever since that one night with Layla's uncle, and the proceedings afterword, Matt had never really been able come back with his cool and collected side. All he managed to do was wrap his arms around her waist, and hug her closely, noting the awkward position in which she was leaning into him, half on his lap, half in the air still, clinging to him. He could feel her soft breath on his neck, and the warmth that spread across the spot in which she spewed hot air. Matt couldn't help but to think to him self at that moment, time increasingly slowing to allow him more time to take in the feeling of being loved, of being needed. This is what I am. This is what I have become. What is love without sacrifice. My tears will hold no weight. Each day, I feel reborn again, to love Layla anew. A child every day, in the face of love. Repeating yesterday, and the countless days before that. This is who I have willingly become. I do not mind that at all. I will be the martyr that Layla needs, the sacrifice to push her onto greater power. To become that one person who will balance out her own life. No more are the days that I have to fear, for this is the strength that I have found. That none can hope to match. It must have been fate to bring me to Layla. To be that one stepping stone she needed to understand herself. It was incredibly deep for the moment that seemed so normal, so simple, but Matt found the reasoning in it.

It was funny how the small things hinted to the greater plans of life. Matt's mind flushed back into reality, feeling the warmth on his neck spreading ever constant, noting the fact that she was still there. Yes. Layla was still there. And so was he. They were still in the one place that mattered to both of them. Layla would continue to be there, furthermore, and that wouldn't change. At all. A good feeling. But, he knew that needed to happen. Layla needed to get stronger. He knew that she had some bigger purpose to serve in the world, than just becoming a magic teacher. No. She was a guardian, a protector. That was obvious, and anyone could see it, if they reviewed the past events of Matt's and Layla's relationship. So. He would have to find a way to make sure Layla struck a new heading towards...what were they called..Auriels? Auras? Something with an A...whatever it was, it was the one thing that hunted dark magicians, and made sure they would harm no more innocence. That was Layla's destiny, whatever she thought of it herself. Matt had opened his mouth to voice his opinion, when she suddenly spoke up, telling the tail of hunger. How 'new' that was. He figured that he would be able to hold off on the subject for now. But, he would have to know how to make Layla stronger in the fields of magic. If it was even possible for a non-magic wielding creature such as himself to help in the first place. Feeling, Layla stand up, Matt watched as the young beauty gracefully stretched and began to eagerly attempt to pull Matt from his position. It was adorable in it's own way. Watching her eyes squint with strain, and the angle she pitched her body to gain leverage and lift him from his spot. It would have been quite comical if Matt wasn't in such a serious mood. Feigning a small smile, Matt simply stood up, grabbing Layla by the waist, and tossed her over his shoulder, turning smartly to walk out of his room. "I obey my Master's orders rather well. I am also house trained. So, consider yourself lucky." he shot back, sarcastically, giving her thigh a quick double pat, chuckling.

As he rounded the corner into the hallway, Matt's face turned serious for a moment. He realized what his girlfriends job was going to be, but that meant she would be in constant danger, and he wasn't to fond of that. So, Matt figured he would have to be there with her, every step of the way, to the very end. To make sure that she would be able to complete her destiny, and eradicate the evil that was her uncle, and whatever plan he had for her. Matt wanted to be there to watch him pay anyway. That man had caused far to much pain for both of them. And Matt wanted him to answer for his actions. It was a split second before Matt reached the kitchen, and he gently sat Layla down on the counter-top, smiling at her. After a quick peck on the cheek, he moved to the bags in which the Chinese food was housed. Pulling out the containers, Matt separated the food into the groups, and then sub-groups. Just like him to be OCD over food. Maybe that was part of the beast in him. The obsession with food. It would certainly explain the constant hunger and metabolism. That being said, Matt didn't quite mind, cause with his daily workout regime, he was able to keep in fit shape, even for a non-military citizen of Gaia. That made him feel better. Looking at Layla, he smiled and grabbed an egg roll, pushing it against her lips. "Open wide!" he teased with a sly grin.

What is love without sacrifice, MY tears hold no weight...

O ; O ; C ; >.> Zombie werewolf?

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

@Oh, why thank you!
User Image

User Image

Sometimes, Layla wanted to know what was going on in Matt's head. Like: what was he think then, as she hugged him, her face buried in his neck? There were ways of finding out, but she promised not to invade the sanctuary of his mind. The mind was the last and the only place a person could have true privacy. And what kind of girlfriend would she be to invade the only place he could truly be himself? She wanted to be the best girlfriend for him. The kind of girlfriend that he could tell anything to, that could help him with whatever he need. Basically, what he was to her. He had done so much for her, she wanted to repay him. To repay him, she was going to be the best she could be, just for him. Because she loved him.

Layla screamed as Matt picked her up and threw her over his should. She pushed on his back as the giggles started bubbling out of her mouth. It was moments like these that stuck with her forever. The silly and the serious and everything in between. Every moment with Matt was a memory in the making, "Put me down! Put me down! I'll-I'll turn you into a... Ahhhh-" she had been about to say 'dog' but he already kind of was one, "Frog! I'll turn you into a frog!" her threats empty and just for fun/ Matt knew she would never do such a thing. She enjoyed looking at his human face too much. After a moment of fighting, Layla gave up. She let herself hand loosely, like a rag doll, her arms crossed over her chest. The pout on her face, when Matt put her down, was adorable. The pout turned into a smile, however, when Matt gave her a light kiss on the cheek. It was always so. When Matt gave her kisses, her heart would melt and her mind would go fuzzy. Layla let out another giggle, her cheeks flushing. Man, did she ever sound like a giddy school girl.

"Nmmmmmm." she half yelped, her mouth glued shut as Matt tried force feeding her an eggroll. She pushed his hand away well grabbing at the second eggroll, "It's the master's job to feed you! Not the other way around! I challenge you to a duel!" she snickered, using her eggroll as a sword to bat Matt's eggroll away. "You know you want to eat it!" she murmured, sticking the eggroll in his face, "Just one bite my pretty! Just one bite and the world can be yours! Just one small bite!" she cackled, making herself seem like the stereotypical witch. Speaking of 'witch' she loved that movie! Snow White was the first colored cartoon Walt Disney ever made. It was cute and she loved it. When she was little, she used to scream at Snow whenever she bit the apple, but for some reason, she always ended up eating it anyway.

(O)ut (O)f (C)rayons: Oh fine... >.> Mer... Aw man! It's shorter than I thought it would be!

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
User Image

xxxThis is what I am
xxxAnd this is what I've become...

User Image

Matt's eyes opened wide with terror as Layla began to fight back. Of course, it was just playful now. He still feigned the surprise as she began to duel him with an eggroll. Nasty things. They had all kinds of vegetables and stuff. He was a wolf for crying out loud. He wouldn't deny the fact that vegetables were gross and he preferred to be the carnivore Nature intended him to be. "Never! You shan't take me alive!" he bellowed and stretched backwards, just out of her reach, and used his superior height to his eggroll fighting advantage. There wasn't telling what Layla could do. He wasn't denying the fact that she could somehow duel with two egg rolls if she so chose, using magic. So, to prevent such a thing from happening, Matt lunged, stuck his eggroll right into the counter, reached across Layla's body to grab her opposite hand and spin her around to pin her against him. It was a beautiful movement if Matt could say so himself. There was nothing better than executing a perfect pin especially on such short notice. Made him all gooey on the inside. In any case, whatever he had done, Matt looked down at his prisoner. "Muahaha...I have you in my grasp now, and you shall never escape. I shall take a full surrender and possibly a kiss or two" he teased. Slowly letting go, Matt laughed heartily and moved to the counter, jumping up on it in another swift movement. Grabbing his box of food, he opened it and deferred his chop sticks to a fork he pulled from the cabinet right below him. There was nothing that could upset him right now. He had good food, an excellent apartment, and the love of his life dining with him, staying with him and preferring his goofy company over some uptight businessman. Oh how life made things better when you looked at the glass half full. Shifting his eyes down to his food, he dug in without a moments notice, before stopping to look at Layla. "You know, this is all new to me. Aha. Having a girl in the house. So. Please let me know if you need anything." He had to be honest, and when he was eating, it always made Matt blurt things out extremely bluntly. Nothing he could do about that.

Smiling cautiously, Matt looked down, and began to eat again. Food. It made every situation better. When you are down, eat some food. Your full stomach will produce good chemicals in the brain. If you are tired, eat some comfort food and take a nap. You will wake up amazing. If you're stressed, eat some more comfort food, so you will forget your troubles. It does so much for you, Matt couldn't even start with the idea of how much he loved it. Well. Of course not as much as Layla, since they are two different objects. Metaphorically speaking of course! Even in his mind, Matt found his sense of manhood incredibly awkward. Oh well, at least he wasn't speaking aloud. That would make things even more awkward. But then again, Layla and Matt thrived in awkward situations. The first night she stayed in his room. The first time they kissed. His first rescue. His last rescue. His attempt at bandaging her chest. Oh boy. That last one about killed him. Stupid uncle of hers caused that fiasco as well. Making Matt less smooth every single day. Nothing he could do about it now, he guessed, so he would just have to push on.

"Hey, Layla? We've been dating for some time. And you have just moved in with me. You don't think things are going to fast, are you? I mean..modestly speaking." Matt blurted out again. Darn food moving him in the wrong direction again. Is there anything that could go right today? Well, she did show up. And help set up his apartment. And she already started to take care of him. So, it was still a pretty amazing day. And he still had some movies to watch as well. So there was still more to add to there night! Oh yes, this little hiccup won't bother him. Not one bit. Matt felt himself getting onto the train and truckin' along. How funny a term was that? Truckin'. He had heard some of his brother's friends say it a few times. About someone truckin' along in life. He could only assume that it meant they were skating by or that they were doing good and just living the high life, but he was never sure. It was still a weird term. But instead of completely derailing himself from the topic at hand, Matt took another bite and looked meaningfully at Layla. He knew her to be brutally honest as well all the time, and that she would never stop from speaking her mind, so her response would be honest. He just didn't know if this was going to be a good one or not. He had asked for it when he openly asked the question. Her answer would sure be comical and fun, he could count on that much, at least. There is never a dull moment with Layla around. Matt noticed that he was staring and blushed slightly, turning his head back to his food for a moment, taking a few more mouth fulls of food before looking up at Layla once again, awaiting her response, chewing on his food thoughtfully.

O;O;C: Sorry for such a crappy post. :/ College/Work/Working Out tapped me out today...Oh! and I love the new layout!!! biggrin Thank you!!

What is love without sacrifice
MY tears hold no weight...

~Maxfortune's Queen

Lonely Faun

User Image

User Image

A little yelp escaped from Layla's mouth as Matt pinned her, "Whoa whoa now! Unhand me, sir!" she giggled, trying to squirm from his grasp. Try as she might, she could not pull out of his grip- not that she minded. It was like a hug. A very awkward backwards hug. A hug none the less, however. Hugs were amazing. Like sweaters. They were hugs you could wear! But getting a hug from your boyfriend was better than getting a hug from a sweater or a teddy bear. Though, teddy bears were pretty amazing, due to the fact your boyfriend probably gave you the teddy bear. He probably gave you the sweater to- it's not really a hug if it doesn't come from another person. You couldn't rightly hug yourself, therefore your own sweater could not hug you also.

Layla let out a small chuckle as she shook her thoughts away from hugs and fluffy stuffed animals. She quickly hopped back up on to the counter, grabbing at her container in the process. She peeled back the lid, letting the smell of food wash over her. A growl proceeded to erupt from her stomach, so she dug in without further ado. She was just chowing down, minding her own business, thinking about wolves- yeah, her boyfriend was one, but that wasn't the reason she was thinking about it (Even though he totally showed his tail earlier) when she bit into something that wasn't chicken. It was one of those really hot peppers that sometimes appear in your Chinese. You didn't ask for it, it was just there, grinning evilly up at you knowing full well you would mistake it for chicken and eat it, only to regret the action moments later. It was like the gum hidden inside the pop, but not as nice. Layla scrunched up her pretty little nose, which was always a sign of discomfort or deep thought- which in this case it was both. How could the pepper be so cruel as to pop up in her food?! Better yet, how could someone put something so distasteful in someone else's meal?! Were they trying to kill her? She was about to run to the sink for water when Matt popped the question...

...Okay! Not THAT question! The other question! The one where someone asks if you think things are going too fast and you generally look at them with a blank expression like, "Uhm, what?". Well, Layla didn't quite have a blank expression, but that was also due to the pepper she had just been forced to swallow. She did almost choke on the rest of her chicken when he had asked though, making the situation a bit more humorous than perhaps it should have been. She did a few more dry gulps before setting the container and her chopsticks to the side- yeah, she was using chopsticks, like a boss! "I don't think so. But then I'm one to talk. I'm a bit new at this." she turned to him and tilted her head, taking on the little kitten look she was so well known for, "Do you think we are?" she asked. It was a serious question. She wanted to know. Maybe she might not feel like they were going too fast, but maybe he did and maybe she should. Were they going too fast? Her mind started working a mile a minute, just like a normal girl's mind would do- and though she wasn't normal, she was still a girl!

Her eyes wandered over Matt's face, stopping at his blue eyes that always seemed to hold a sort of sparkle. It was the sparkle she loved about him. Not just the one in his eyes, but the one in his personality. He was the kind of person you always wanted to be around, even if you did nothing but watch movies or read books. He just held a sort of... Well... Sparkle! A sparkle was the one word that always popped into Layla's head whenever she thought of Matt. He was just one of those rare people that was different from everyone else- one of the little lights in a dark place. A sunshine on a rainy day? The smile in the middle of a depression? Layla could think of lots of things that described him, but sparkle was her favorite. Maybe because she knew he would probably complain about it being unmanly. Poor guy, he put up with so much! Like it was stated before, he was her rock. He was there for her, always. Even if things got awkward. Like the night her uncle attacked them... That had been scary, but awkward. She still blushed when she thought about, but she tried not to think about it. How many times had she almost died and Matt had saved her? He had saved her from almost drowning. He had saved her from her uncle. And one time he had even saved her from falling down the stairs! Caught her just in time too! See, Matt was always there. Whenever she needed him. Just like she was there whenever he needed her!

(O)ut (O)f (C)rayons: You call that a crappy post?? Dang... >.> Don't mind grammar mistakes. I didn't edit it >.< And no problemo! Мое удовольствие! <--- Was that right?!

Bashful Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
User Image

xxxThis is what I am
xxxAnd this is what I've become...

User Image

Matt chewed on his food for a while, thinking about Layla's answer. If she was completely okay with the speed at which they were going then he would be too. It was honestly not a problem for Matt, he was just curious. Layla was everything to him, and if she picked a pace for their relationship to follow, then he would abide by that pace. Matt was always good at following, even if he was rambunctious and in denial of authority sometimes. Looking down into his Chinese, Matt played with a few pieces of the rice that were hanging about on one of his pieces of chicken. Stupid rice. They were always getting into places Matt didn't want them. Not to say that they weren't tasty, but honestly! Who wants to see rice on everything. Of course, that could just be Matt being OCD again, but that couldn't be helped. He was what he is, and that was an egotistical werewolf who feeds off of sarcasm and nice deeds. Boy. What a contradiction. But none of these thoughts helped Matt get to the real point in which he was staring at his food. Layla's answer. She was so sweet when she had said it, and he knew she meant it with all of her heart, seeing as she looked kind of worried he had asked. Then there was that kitten look. Oh yeah. She always knew to use that when she wanted Matt to do something for her. He couldn't resist! How could anyone? She was just so adorable. Small, petite little thing with a soft voice and beautiful eyes. Matt just melted in his spot. If he hadn't held onto his food so ferociously, he would have dropped it. Nonetheless, Matt took a deep breath and smiled, watching Layla's eyes closely. Like the first day they had met, Matt knew that she was always gonna be there for him. She showed up in his room, completely oblivious to the trap he had set up, and slowly but surely, she fell for him. Or he fell for her. What mattered was that after that, they were inseparable. Adjoined at the hip, and falling in a love so deep, that neither of them could see it coming. Matt didn't know why the world worked the way it did, but he was thankful for the things he was given. And he was given a lot on that day. A lot.

"I would have to say no, as well. I don't think we are, ha!" Matt finally responded. He hadn't honestly thought about it one bit, he was too busy running down all the other random thoughts in his head about the girl that stood before him. The girl who had seemed to have grown up while they were separated. The girl who stayed completely the same, but changed entirely. Layla was full of so many surprises, and he loved that. Every day was something new, and that meant that he was always eager to figure out what the next day would have in store for them. He peeked from his spot into the front room, and out the large windows towards the setting sun. "Hey. El, I think you should see this." he said softly and set his food down, moving into the front room. Now, Matt wasn't a romantic per-say. He was more iconic than that. Iconic in that he would rather see the grand scheme of things at play then waste his time on trivial matter such as roses or chocolates. But, nothing bars him from joining the two character types together and making something that he would feel strongly about reach out to others. As he moved into the front room, he drew back the curtains to the large viewing window that seemed to be the wall, and he stared out into the sunset. His mother had chosen the best for him. He felt incredibly spoiled, and it was rather embarrassing, but would anyone in the right mind say no? Matt guessed if someone had something to prove, they would, but he wouldn't be so willingly to pass up the opportunity. College was expensive enough. The view spanned out over a great area, with lots of little buildings close to the apartments.

The fifth floor wasn't as amazing, but it was still beautiful to see the buildings dissipate into white sand and see the crashing waves shimmering gold with the setting sand. Random coconut trees dotted the sidewalks that lined the beach, and the vegetation seemed ripe and green, as Summer still griped the land in her embrace. Nothing felt so right. So good. So beautiful. Well...Matt knew of one thing. Turning around to face Layla, he spread his arms out and smiled. "I was never one for courting, or to be like the normal boyfriend. Quite from it with my condition, but I figured this would count as a dinner and a movie, since the view is beautiful." Matt inferred matter-of-factly. Looking down at his feet, he didn't know what else to say, only smile. So, he chuckled, and looked back up at her and grinned, crossing his arms. The ball was in her court now. They would never move too fast, and they were in love. That meant that this perpetual feeling of acceptance and love would never go away. It would always stay there, stay with them as long as they were together, and that was the best thing Matt could ever ask for.

Turning his head sideways, Matt let his ears and tail unfurl, before striding out to Layla once again, and grinning. "No doggie treats, those things are disgusting." he spouted sarcastically, winking. There was something about Layla that calmed his spirit. That calmed the inner demon in him. Something about her, just seemed right.

O;O;C: O.O Yes, that is right, lol. And you're making me sound like Edward...> biggrin I am a werewolf..like that one guy..named..er...uh...Jake? John? Something like that.

What is love without sacrifice
MY tears hold no weight...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas