Pooday! 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 390 391 392 > >> >>> »|

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria rushed to the entrance, and arrived at ten, out of breath and panting. She caught her breath before explaining herself. “I'm sorry I'm late – Nana's nowhere to be seen and her sensei made me go look for her. I still couldn't find her, though, so I think Yoko-san gave up on her,” she explained as the two of them made their way to find Azami's house, and found an appropriate place to hide, where they could still see the house.
I guess we have a couple of hours to kill...” she said, in their hiding spot. “So... the house looks pretty normal.” She wasn't so sure if her assumptions were justified anymore.
Katsu smiled as Ria arrived wavign a hand at her as she approached. "You're still Ten minutes early," He said laughing a bit as they walked together towards Azami's home. He listened to Ria's comment about Azami homes and nodded. "It looks normal, but She did ask my dad for a special building permit when she bought it," He said matter-of-factly feeling a bit proud that he could remember that and share it with her. He eyed the house silent and it's surroundings. It was even odd that her home was isolated from the rest of the clan, though still within their grounds it seemed very suspicious.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria nodded. “I wonder what she needed that planning permission for... Well I suppose we're going to find out very soon,” she said, unable to think about anything else as she waited patiently, not even glancing away from the building.
Eventually, after one and three quarters of an hour, she spied Azami leaving, locking up the front door with a huge metal padlock. She put a hand on Katsu's shoulder in case he decided to make a break for the house. They needed to wait for a few minutes in case Azami had forgotten anything.
When Azami hadn't returned, Ria turned to Katsu, a very serious expression on her face. “Promise me this... whatever happens in there, we came here together, and we leave together. I know you wouldn't, anyway, but no matter what we find, we stick it out until our time's up,” she said, firmly before letting go of his shoulder and leaving their hiding place.
She headed over to the door and picked the lock on the padlock, opening the outer door before pulling something from her bag. She pulled out a syringe filled with a transparent dark yellow liquid, similar to the colour of urine, before aiming it into the lock and emptying its contents. The door swung open and she carefully stepped inside, looking out for any traps.
Katsu watched Azami leave and was about to bolt for the door, however Ria stopped him by placing a hand on hsi shoulder. He sighed and relaxed a bit before waiting for her to move herself, following beside her. He looked around making sure no one else could see them, the syringe caught his attention though and stared in awe as it opened the door. He followed after her, once she gave the all clear.
The room was relatively plain, nothing very odd about it. "Well, I suppose if she had anyone over she'd have to have normal living quarters..but," He continued to walk around cautiously examining ever corner of the room, but couldn't' find anything odd which made him feel even more suspicious about it. It was too ordinary, nothing unique or personal home touches. Like something out of a magazine. "It's so weird, even if she doesn't do anything weird, this place doesn't put her personality.."

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria noticed how bland it was before Katsu. She glanced around, not feeling disappointed. “You're right. Azami-sensei is an organised person, I'd expect more organisation in here – or maybe her mind's cluttered... even still, I'd expect a cluttered room... this is... boring. It looks like a show home for sale, or something...
She sighed before whipping the rugs off the floor and pushing the furniture around, making a note of the exact floorboard they were positioned over. She knew that Azami would notice if it wasn't exactly how it had been before.
You agree with me, though? That there's got to be something? I mean... she had planning permission and we didn't see anything on the outside that didn't look like an original building – so it's either got to be down or somewhere else...” she said, still moving furniture.
Katsu nodded at Ria's comment as he continued to search as well. He stood in front of a bookshelf scanning the books, they all seemed like something Azami would read but one. He reached to pick it up but he heard a click and the bookshelf moved off to the side. "Oi, I found something~" He cheered excitedly only to reveal a laundry room, he just stared with his mouth wide open at the fact that all this was made just for a laundry room. "Really? Huh? Is that someone in the corner?" He asked feeling his excitement flare up once more when he noticed a shadow there.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria's head snapped to where Katsu was when she heard the click, just in time to see the bookshelf sliding out of the way revealing a dark room. She began to head over when she suddenly heard a familiar voice and stormed over instead.
I'm not snooping I swe-! Oh... it's you.” Nana stepped out of the shadows and cocked a brow at the sight of Katsu. “I thought you were supposed to be with... Hi Hitoriaruki.” Nana smiled and waved sheepishly.
What are you doing here, Nana?” Ria asked frowning.
Waiting for Azami to leave so I could snoop and find out what the heck she's done to you.
...Right.
Kaktsu pouted when he saw Nana, he had hoped it was some form of defensive system he could have fought. He began his search once again, trying to stay in the group just in case something went off. "How long have you been here?" He asked her feeling the walls with his hand to find another switch. He kept glancing at the two girls every now and then to make sure they wouldn't ditch him.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nana sighed and hit the lightswitch next to her so that they could all see better. “I've been here all night. I had a snoop around while she was sleeping, but... I couldn't find anything except this room.
Yoko's been looking all over for you,” Ria said, sternly. “She even had me looking for you.
Nana just shrugged. “I found something last night. It's a sheet with chemicals written on it. I don't know what a single one of them is, but maybe you might?” She handed it to Ria who pulled it close and read the tiny scrawly handwriting.
Where did you find it?” she asked, studying it, with a frown.
In here,” Nana said, smiling hopefully, crossing her fingers that she'd found something interesting.
Butylphenyl Methylpropional... Hexyl Cinnamal... Benzyl Benzoate... Isopropyl Alcohol... this... this is...
Is what?” Nana asked, excitedly.
Is...
Whaaaaaat?!” Nana whined impatiently as Ria scanned the paper. Suddenly, Ria rolled her eyes and thrust it back into Nana's hands.
This is a list of ingredients to make your own fabric softener,” she said, not looking impressed as she went back to her own searching.
Katsu was also getting excited when Ria analysed it, the way she dragged it out made it sound so important. He frowned in disappointed when she explained it was just to make fabric softener."Why doesn't she just buy a brand like everyone else," He grumbled as he moved to the next room. It was an office room with a desk, chair, computer, and another bookshelf. He sighed as he made his way over to desk pulling on the lamp string to turn it on. But it didn't he stared at it for a moment as he checked to see if the bulb was burnt out. It wasn't and the cored just went straight into the wall with no plug in. His excitement flared at teh thought that this must be something interesting. 'Oi~" He called at both Nana and Ria quietly, trying to not make too much noise just in case someone passed by Azami's home. He picked up the lamp and examined it trying to figure out how it could be used to open the obviously secret door. he however couldn't put it together and passed it to Ria when she arrived. "What you think?" He asked her curiously

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria shrugged in response to Katsu's question. “This is Azami we're talking about. Why does she do anything that she does?” she asked, raising an eyebrow as Nana continued to look around.
Her head snapped around to look for Katsu, but couldn't see him as he beckoned her and Nana other. Both headed out of the laundry room and headed into the study. Ria studied the lamp for a moment, pulling on the string while watching the cord vanishing into the wall. When that didn't work, she lifted the lampshade and stared at the bulb, also checking if the bulb had blown.
When it appeared to be fine, her finger fell on a notch at the back of the top of the lamp and she pushed it. A creaking noise sounded through the room as the wooden floorboards began to form stairs leading down. She turned around and stared at it.
This is like something out of a film!” Nana whispered excitedly. “Do you think we're secretly on a movie set?” she asked, but Ria turned to face her, eyes wide.
Nana! You're right – I can't believe I didn't think about that!” she exclaimed, grabbing onto her shoulders, causing Nana to frown.
Are you being sarcastic?” she asked, grimacing under Ria's grip. “Or do you really think this is a set up...?
No – neither! Azami could have cameras set up anywhere! Oh well... it's too late now, I suppose...” she sighed and headed down the stairs. When she reached the bottom, she saw a large heavy duty steel door with a little keypad. It was dark down there, though.
Katsu... care to shine a little light on the situation?” she asked, referring to his ability to light his hands. She couldn't see well enough down here to do what she wanted to do.
Why Katsu? I have a fire affinity, too, you know! And we're sisters!”
Yes... but you can't control yours like Katsu can. You'd burn her house down.
” She turned to look at Katsu, waiting for him to ignite his hand.
Katsu nearly fell down as he was standing on the part of the floor that shifted. He had nearly made a tumble down them but he caught himself. A huge grin had crept onto his face as he stared at the dark corridor that they lead down to. He followed behind Ria and Nana looking around anxiously, hoping to find something. He listened to what Nana had said and he agreed, it did feel like something straight from a movie, however if it was like any horrors mostly likely it'd only be one of the girls that escaped, it made him feel a bit unsettled. His eyes widened as tehy got the to heavy duty steel door, his jaw dropped. "Ooooh!~" He gaped in awe as he examined it listen to Ria suggest he'd shed some light here. He nodded excitedly as his hand burst into a bright flame, due to how excited he was it was very bright. as if they were outside out in the sun.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria shielded her eyes slightly when Katsu's hand ignited, shining brighter than she'd ever seen him shine. She glanced back at the keypad and leant into them before breathing heavily onto the buttons. Nana just stared at her sister's strange actions.
Two, five, six – and nooo! Come back,” she growled, huffing onto the keypad again, “six, seven and eight.” She sighed and pulled out a notepad, jotting down the numbers.
Are those numbers the numbers used for the password? How did you work that out?” Nana asked, sounding sceptical.
Well, the moisture from my breath sticks to all of the keys that aren't constantly touched – or haven't been touched recently, at least, due to the oil from the owner's fingers sticking to the keys,” she explained, writing down the letters, 'A, B, C', 'J, K, L', 'M, N, O', 'P, Q, R, S', and finally 'T, U, V', over the numbers respectively.
What are you doing now?” Nana asked, reading over Ria's shoulder, feeling slightly proud of her sister.
Well see... it's impossible to tell which order the keys were pressed in, but the keys have letters over them. I'm trying to work out a word using any of these letters, to work out the password. This is going to be really difficult,” she sighed. “I mean... I don't really know Azami-sensei that well. She doesn't really share much personal information and stuff like this could be the name of her first pet, her mother – anything.” She went back to staring at the letters, scrawling possible words that would use all of the letters.
After scrawling several words down, there seemed to be only one left, and for some reason, it was calling to her. Her face screwed up and her heart raced as she reached out a pushed the buttons. Six, five, Eight, Five, Eight, Seven, Two. She let out a sigh of breath that she hadn't realised she'd been holding and a very sick feeling swelled inside her churning stomach.
Nana stared at her little sister, most impressed as the door gave a click to communicate that it was open. “Wow Ria! You're a genius! How did you work that one out? What did it say?!” Nana asked, excitedly, but Ria's shoulders just hunched as she stayed where she was.
Nana's cheery expression suddenly turned to one of concern as she put her hand on her sister's shoulder, only for it to be shaken off. “...Ria?” she asked. “Are you okay? What... what did it spell out?
MK Ultra,” Ria choked out, her voice empty. Her throat dried up. Nana's brows furrowed in confusion.
MK Ultra? A bit abstract, don't you think?
Apparently not for Azami-sensei...
What does it mean?
It was an illegal program, run by Konoha's top-most military scientists.” She glanced at Nana and pushed a hand on the door to open it before it locked itself again.
What did they do?” she asked nervously, not sure she really wanted to know the answer.
What didn't they do, would be a better question.” She pushed the door open. “Forcefully or secretly administered psycho-stimulative drugs – as well as trying other chemicals, isolation, hypnosis, removing natural human senses... rape...
Why? For what cause?” Nana asked, feeling a little disturbed that any government officials would do such a thing, but even more disturbed that her little sister had knowledge of these events. “When did this even happen?
They wanted to control humans. Make humans do things that they wouldn't ordinarily do. They tortured people. They put an end to it fifty years ago and destroyed all the files. No one talks about it, because it's wrong. It's frowned upon, and is a sensitive subject and... and I'm not sure I want to know why it's Azami-sensei's password to her secret underground hide-out.
Nana's jaw dropped and she stared in shock, just staring into the dark room ahead of them. She wasn't sure she wanted to know, either.
Katsu watched the strange actions Ria was doing, listening to her explanation as to why. His eyes sparkled in excitement at how cool she looked doing this, it was definitely like something straight out of a movie. His heart raced when the door unlocked, wanting to rush in and look around. However after listening at what Ria had said about the meaning behind the password and the look of fear on her face, he began to feel some regret. Part of him didn't want to see what was behind this now now, but they had come this far, going back now would be a bigger regret. He followed behind Ria as she opened the door, his flame shining bright and the moment it glistered into the room sounds of many aggressive animals began to echo from the room, cages rattling. It made him freeze instantly where he stood.
Dozens of cages were lined up along the wall, all filled with animals that didn't look normal, much like how the wolf had looked. All of them had images on the side of how they looked before whatever transformation they had gone through, most looked nothing like their original form. Their food and water looked abnormal itself and one animal seemed like it was made of chakra alone. It seemed to be contained in a special cage, and it's form very unstable. At the end of the room was a desk a bloodied operating table, books stacked everywhere with pages sticking out of them and Two giant containers, one holding the corpse of Shugo however it had a head, though it didn't seem to be the same one.
"What the hell is this!?" He asked in fear looking around curiously making sure they couldn't escape and attack them or even get close to swiping at them. His body shook and his flame fluxed a bit making a sorta of signal like effects.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria stared at the... creatures lined up in cages. Ferocious, feral creatures who looked hungry for more than just food. “Remember what I said, Katsu-kun? No matter what we find in here... we stick with it until time's up,” she said, trying to sound strong, but her voice was trembling uncontrollably.
Her eyes were fixated on the corpse of Shugo. She rushed over to him and put her fingers against the container. He didn't look anything like Shugo and she only recognised him by the cracks in his fingernails.
Nana, who looked surprisingly fine as she glanced around, sighed as Ria opened her mouth to answer Katsu's question.
She's forcing genetic mutation,” she said, pulling away from the container and glancing at an array of laminated papers on the bloody operating table. She peeled one off the table, where it had been glued by the blood, and cleaned it with spit and her thumb. “Three-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate...” she mumbled, reading it, and Nana raised an eyebrow.
More detergent?” she asked, but Ria shook her head.
It's an incapacitating agent used by the military. It's strictly illegal... how did she get her hands on it?” she mused aloud.
What's an incapacitating agent?
It's... a drug that is odorless, colourless, and puts people into a sort of daze or trance. It causes a drug-induced down-time, and you utilise that time by hypnotising your... victim,” she explained. Underneath the name of the drug, were two subheadings – names of people. Underneath those subheadings, were lists of symptoms that the subjects experienced, along with a follow-up of them being admitted into hospital and... “She drugged her team mates...” she whispered. “She... she drugged them! Experimented on them! She hospitalised them!” she remarked in disbelief. “She's crazy... she's actually crazy...” she gasped before picking up more papers, wiping the blood smears off.
She's... trying to create her own tailed beast?! Then...” Both her own and Nana's eyes shot to the strange unstable form of a beast. “I know we said we'd have to stay, but I think we should leave now,” Ria said firmly, putting the papers back where she found them. She bit her thumb and allowed it to bleed over the papers. “Katsu, dry the blood on those papers, lets go fix everything we messed up and then let's get the hell out of here and work out what we do from hereon. Just in case she comes home early and decides we're next in line for the BZ.” With that, she strode to the door.
I'm with Ria on this one,” Nana laughed nervously as she followed suit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff