Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy

Pooday! 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 390 391 392 > >> >>> »|

Katsu listened to Azami's words closely, looking to the direction she had mentioned where their first task was. He felt a bit disappointed that all they had to do was capture a dog, it didn't seem very challenging to him, however he was determined to be the one to catch it, thus making himself look better then the others in his team. A grin crept over his face as he daydreamed of standing above both Ria and Taro, laughing in triumph whilst holding a dog in his arms. "Yush!" He cheered himself on about to take off to the forest before the others. However he stopped himself when he heard Ria begin to speak.
Katsu frowned slightly as he listened to her, giving them orders like she was the leader of the team. He crossed both his arm in front of his chest defensively as he didn't like being bossed around by those his own age. "Who made you in charge?" He asked her raising a brow and tapping his foot in disapproval.

Taro let out a sigh of relief that they didn't have to fight anyone and that it was only a capture task. He actually felt rather confident in this task, as he loved animals.
Taro listened to Ria's plan and nodded in understanding to it, liking the fact he didn't have to do much for it if the dog got aggressive in anyway. As he was getting himself prepared to take off he was interrupted by Katsu's rather defensive and loud tone, questioning Ria's plan and leadership. Taro would have liked it better if Katsu had just agreed to the plan, as it was a good one and the quicker they got this over with the better chance they had to meet the time-limit and not get punished.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria watched Katsu closely as she spoke. With every new word coming from her mouth, he was looking increasingly displeased. She was surprised he waited as long as for her to finish before mouthing off. She could only stare as he insolently folded his arms and questioned her authority.
Actually, Katsu-san, my very first words were 'I propose', meaning, 'I suggest' – so clearly, it wasn't an order. It was a proposition – a suggestion. A suggestion of how to carry out a task wouldn't be a suggestion if it were the only way by which a task could be carried out, which is why then asked at the end of my proposition if it sounded okay. By all means, you're entitled to be opposed to my proposition, but in which case you'd do well to suggest one of your own.” She stared Katsu in the eye with an undecipherable expression before continuing.
I was merely brainstorming a plan that would involve our strengths and avoid us being in situations where another would be of more use. I don't use jutsu – and I'd rather not have to hurt a dog in order to scare it. My plan involved teamwork, which – as Azami-sensei so rightfully said – is the most important tool that a shinobi can utilise. I'm completely open for alternative ideas, however, so if you have one – I'd quite like to hear it. This is after all, a team and by which the definition, no one is in charge.” She glanced over at Taro before looking back to Katsu.
Taro couldn't help but let out a light snort as he tried to suppress his urge to let out a loud laugh, though he cringed a bit when Katsu shot him a glare. However listening to Ria tell Katsu off was defiantly the high-light of his day, having always been teased by the headstrong, hot-blooded Kaen. It gave him a new image of Ria and he very much liked it a lot. Feeling even more at ease now that his mood had been lightened up, Taro stood patiently for this dispute to be finished. He was also a bit curious on what kind of plan Katsu would come up with.

Katsu eye twitched a bit as he was told off by Ria, having never been so humiliated in his life. His entire body burst into flames in response to his anger as he glared at Ria with much hate. No one had ever told him off like that besides his own family and he didn't like it at all. He thought better of it for now, deciding it would be best to get the task over with her way and deal with her afterwards.
Katsu let out a long sigh to calm himself down, making the flames diminish from his body. "Fine, whatever we'll do it your way." He grunted out turning his back to her and heading over towards the forest.

Azami let out a sigh and shook her head in disappointment at Katsu's behaviour, but she was very impressed at how Ria took hold of the situation and even broke down the prideful boy. "Alright the clock is now ticking!~" She called out hitting the start button on the stop watch as the second began to count down from sixty minute.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria felt a strange sense of pride as Taro snorted. That was something that she honestly hadn't expected. She had expected the nervous boy to become even more nervous due to the sense of conflict, but she was glad to see he had lightened up and relaxed a little. That would make this mission easier, as an uptight shinobi was a useless shinobi. Not that she'd ever tell Taro that.
She was almost pleased that Katsu didn't come up with any plan, although she knew that she would have found it completely and utter hilarity to the point where even she herself would have had trouble stifling a laugh. He was certainly a sight to behold, almost fully ignited, and she would have loved to have studied him, but somehow she doubted very much so that he was in the mood for an examination courtesy of someone who had just humiliated him.
She was rather surprised that Katsu managed to calm himself and realised that perhaps she had underestimated him. It was only natural at this point, due to this being the first time that she'd actually met the boy in person and not just seen him sitting closer to the front, and on the other side of the room.
There was a moment of silence as Katsu headed off toward the forest, which was broken by Azami telling them that the time for faffing had passed and that it was now time to take action. Ria glanced at Taro, telling him to follow with her expression as she headed after Katsu. She bowed her head quickly at her sensei before disappearing into the trees.

The cluster of trees was thicker than Ria had expected it to be. From her bedroom window, the gathering seemed a lot smaller, but she supposed that that was because she was much further away than she had perhaps realised.
She navigated through the forest until she noticed a track of some sort. It looked like something heavy had been dragged, and slightly deeper than the drag track, there were footprints in the soft, loamy soil that was the woodland's floor.
Following the tracks she saw a box ahead and ran after it. Only, when she arrived, it was empty. Turning to her team mates, she shot them a look of concern. “I'm not sure which I'm hoping for more. A dog that fit the size of the box, or a dog that could have been rattled around inside. On the one hand, a smaller dog is harder to track, but if the dog was as big as this box, it could be quite ferocious if it feels as if it is in danger...
Taro just looked around intently trying to find the tracks of the dog, as it would give him a better idea of how big the animal itself was. He searched the surround area, though keeping himself eye's view of his team-mates, it was quiet difficult in the dark as at this point the trees had clustered so close and thick to each other. He sighed in disappointment making his way back to he group since he couldn't find any tracks, which also made him assume the dog had to be rather small and light. "You guys find anything?" He asked them hoping they had better luck then he did in finding any clues.

Katsu shook his head as he walked around searching in the dark. "It's Impossible to see in here," He groaned, checking his watch as he was personally keeping track of the time they had left. "We've been at this for thirty minutes and still no luck." he looked over to Ria hoping she would have found something.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria had been searching high and low for any sign of any animal. By now, she had long discarded looking for just dogs. She supposed part of her issue would be that she had never had much to do with animals. She didn't know what they liked, where they spent their time – or even the difference between a cat paw print and a dog paw print. She sighed as Taro arrived back and asked if either Katsu or herself had found anything.
I don't understand... how far could it have gotten?” she asked rhetorically as she looked around with exasperation. Katsu was right. It was impossible to see. “Katsu... could you ignite yourself?” she asked. “It might be our only chance at seeing anything in here,” she sighed out as she looked around once more. “If we've only got thirty minutes left, we really ought to get a move on.
Katsu groaned a bit in displeasure. "Now I am a human-torch, great," He complained as he only ignited his right hand and rose it above his head so it'd cover a greater area. He focused hard on it to make it as bright as he could, though it strained him a bit. He wasn't use to trying to control it this effectively, mostly he just used whatever came out depending on his emotion. Katsu hadn't fully mastered his own flames yet, which is why he didn't ignite his entire body, he was afraid he'd lose control and burn the whole forest down.

Taro spotted some tracks in the dirt, instantly after Katsu ignited his hand. They were rather small paws and they weren't very deep which would explain why they were so hard to find before. "Over here!" He called out to them motioning for them to come to where he was. "The dog went this way!" He continued as he stood up and ran off into that direction, keeping an eye on the tracks as he did so, however he stopped quickly and stared in horror ahead of himself.

A Huge wolf like animal came creeping out from the darkness of the wood, it's silver fur fluttered in the wind, fangs bearing as it stared at him with a ferocious look on it's face. It's eyes sharp like a well-made blade and it's claws gripping tightly into the soil.

"Oh my He's grown much quicker then I thought" Azami's voice came from the tree's above them. "Don't worry too much he wasn't trained to kill." She said sweetly as she was writing down notes in a little booklet she held.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria had almost had enough of how Katsu seemed to have a problem with absolutely everything that occurred. She watched with interest as his lit his hand and held it into the air. She supposed that it would have been better if he had ignited his whole body, but then again, he was still young and she didn't want him wasting all of his energy on trying to find a dog. After all, even once they had caught the little critter, there were two more tests to go.
Ria spotted the tracks before Taro even got a chance to exclaim. She cringed as his voice pierced the silence. Well if the dog wasn't already long gone, it would be, now. She headed after him in a quick-paced walk until she heard him stop dead, up ahead. No rustling, no shouting updates, and then... growling.
She rushed ahead and saw a creature falling only a foot short of herself squaring up to Taro who seemed to have been immobilised by his fear. Glancing up as she heard Azami speak, her expression formed into something a cross between confusion and fear. Ria had never been good around animals. She rushed forward and stopped dead at his side before putting a hand on his shoulder. “Taro, can you search for openings and call them out while Katsu and I take on this... thing?” she asked, as she didn't take her eyes off the beast.
Taro was completely petrified by the sight of the creature, though he could hear Ria's words he couldn't respond as his attention was completely focused on the creature that stood before him, his mind couldn't respond to anything else. He wanted to run away, but his body wouldn't listen to him at all as sweat and tears spilled from him."I'm going to die aren't?" he thought to himself as the creature lunge itself at Taro and Ria, ripping the grass that was under it's feet from the soil, it's mouth wide open preparing to bite down on them once within range.

Out of nowhere it seemed, Katsu's flaming fist came crashing down upon the creature's head, letting out a piercing yell as he did so. His muscles flexed tightly as he was using all his strength to send it flying away from them.

The creature let out a whimper of pain as it flew across the area, however it quickly recovered itself, placing it legs down on the ground and skidded the rest of the distance, using it's powerful legs to stop the force.

Katsu let out a sigh of disappointment that his punch wasn't all that effective, however the excitement of fighting a strong opponent, he didn't care it wasn't human he just wanted to beat it. "Oi cry-baby snap out of it! He yelled out, though his eyes never left the beast.

Taro seemed to snap out of his shock from the events that had just happened. "R-Right.." He said nodding to Ria showing that he was listening to her and understood what he had to do. Taro picked himself up shakily as he was still extremely nervous and frightened. He jumped up as high as he could into the trees so he could get a better view of the surroundings and battle

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria sighed in exasperation as Taro seemed to be just absorbing her words without really hearing or registering them. She glanced at him for a moment, and then followed his gaze to the creature, who was just about ready to attack. It clawed at the loamy soil, and then without warning, pounced.
Ria's eyes squeezed closed shut as she shielded Taro with her arm, waiting for the inevitable blow, only... it never came. Opening her eyes a crack, she saw the beast a fair few feet away, and none other that Katsu standing there, looking a little worse for wear.
Katsu...-san...” Ria mumbled, mostly in shock that it had been him, the one to save her a**. She couldn't deny feeling at the very least, a little bit impressed as her attention was diverted back to the beast who was readying itself for another strike.
She moved away from Taro before he jumped up into the trees. She studied the situation a little before reaching into the pouch on her leg. “Taro-san, catch,” she said, tossing him one end of a roll of wire. “While Katsu-san distracts the beast, I'm going to try and get this wire underneath it, and then I want you to throw me that end, so I can bind it. Then, Katsu-san can torch it,” she explained.
She didn't know how the other two would react to torching an animal, but it was wild, would have to be put down anyway due to its undomesticated nature, and had tried to eat both Taro and herself. Besides, it was just an animal.
Taro looked down towards Ria as she called his name, catching the thin wire she tossed at him, he stared at it for a moment before looking back down at Ria, listening to her plan and nodding in confirmation that he understood her. He watched her closely making sure to not miss the moment she wanted him to toss this end back at her.

Katsu charged towards the beast, full throttle letting out a yell as he did so to keep the beasts attention on him. His hand blazing brightly as his heart raced, the adrenaline coursing through his body made him excited. He pushed off the ground hard, launching himself into the air as he pulled his fist back, aiming for the beasts head once again. However it ran off to the side quickly, jump at a tree with his legs facing it. the tree arched a bit from, the weight of the creature as it pushed off from it, launching itself towards Katsu with full force. It's Mouth wide open once again planing on closing it once the gap had been closed.
Katsu was still in mid-air and couldn't do anything to try and avoid his oncoming opponent. He brought his arms up and crossed them over himself in defence to protect his vital points, instinctively his whole body ignited into flames as a further defence.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria smiled slightly as Taro caught the wire. So he wasn't completely useless, then. “Nice catch!” she remarked, smiling up at him as she backed off from the beast. She watched the scrimmage between Katsu and the wolf. She moved quickly, but new that she needed a new plan.
Diving under the creature as it leapt into the air, she secured the basis for her frame, then quickly jumping up onto a higher branch, she leapt over the beast itself and ran underneath again before once more climbing the tree. “Taro! Pull on the wire!!” she cried, pulling hard on her own end and tying it around the tree to secure it. By Taro pulling on the wire, the beast would be trapped and suspended in mid-air, allowing for Katsu to escape.
She stepped onto the wire carefully before running along it, balancing the best she could. She toppled at the last minute, but managed to secure herself onto the beasts back. Pulling a kunai from her pouch and twirling it in her fingers to get the positioning right, she plunged the sharp blade down through the beasts skull. "Are you okay, Katsu-san?" she asked, still sitting on the dead creature's back.
Katsu landed onto the floor catching his balance before letting out a sigh of relief, turning his head towards the beast and Ria. Watching her drive her kunai through it's skull, instantly killing the creature. The flames around his body diminish as he nodded to her silently, sitting on the floor to collect all the events that had just happened now. He was breathing a bit heavily from exhaustion, having never had to use his bloodline this much before, his eyes wandered over to Taro as he jumped down from the tree, though he still was shaking a bit. "Good job Ria-san and thanks" He said looking back at her with a small smile.

"Well done everyone, but I suggest you hurry up and bring that back to the starting point, you only got Ten minutes left." Azami's voice echoed from the top of the trees.

Taro looked up in surprise, having thought they failed the test having killed the beast. "B-But didn't we fail?" He asked, though not in any particular direction since he couldn't tell which direction Azami's voice was coming from.

Azami giggled a bit before responding. "I never said capture it alive did I?" She asked back before the harsh sound of blowing wind was all that could be heard as well other creatures of the forest.

Shadowy Rogue

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ria let out a breath that she hadn't even known she'd been holding. She smiled when she saw that Katsu was only a little bit shaken and other than that, fine. She returned the nod he'd sent in her direction. She followed Katsu's gaze to Taro and noted his rather pale expression, but her attention was diverted back to Katsu when he spoke to her, congratulating her before thanking her. Her smile grew. That meant a lot. He'd swallowed his pride because she'd managed to prove herself. “Just Ria is fine, please, and it wasn't worth thanking me,” she said, “it was my duty as your comrade – nothing more.” She didn't know why she'd said that. Was she really so scared of people getting close that she'd push them away and make them believe that she didn't care for their welfare? She pitied herself, inside.
She nearly slipped from the beasts back when Azami's voice became, rather suddenly, present. She managed to grip onto the fur and save herself, however.
A surge of adrenaline ran through her body as she learned of their minimal time limit. How were they going to drag this beast back to the rendezvous point within ten minutes when they barely knew where they were and Katsu had used up such a great deal of chakra. Without him, they were stuck in the dark. Besides, navigating through the trees with a big creature wasn't going to be easy, and getting the creature down from where it was hanging was the first issue.
She had an idea, but didn't know if it would work. “I'm going to cut the wires, Katsu. The beast is going to fall. I'll roll under it and hold it up for a moment, but I'm going to need your help to carry it. I don't think I'm strong enough on my own – this thing is barely being held up by the wire – and this wire was supposed to be strong...” she explained, before grabbing her pouch from her leg, taking another kunai out and dropping the rest of the pouch down below. “Taro, in there are some exploding tags. I want you to go scout ahead and blow down the trees to make a clear cut route. If we can't bend to the woodland, we'll make the woodland bend to us.” She smiled before, with a kunai in each hand, cutting the wire. The beast plummeted downward and she climbed under it.
The creature and Ria landed heavily on the ground, creating a small indent where her feet collided with the loamy soil. She let out a quiet whimper as she felt pain shoot down her lower legs. “A-Ah...” she mumbled under her breath. “S-Shin splints...” She struggled to hold the animal up and waited for Katsu to come give her a hand.
Katsu let out a groan as he forced himself to stand up, feeling way to exhausted to do anything more. The idea of having to help lift up this big, heavy, creature wasn't very appealing to him, but he sucked it up and waited until Ria had control over the creatures weight before moving in and helping her. He let out a grunt of displeasure as his arm and leg muscles flexed tightly, lifting the creature up as high as he could so he could move underneath it, keeping an eye on the Ria to make sure it wasn't awkward on her. He could feel himself sink a bit from under the weight "Okay, got it. He grunted out once he got control over his portion of the weight, only moving when Ria began to as well as matching her pace.

Taro nodded to Ria as he made his way over to the pouch, reaching down to pick it up and rambling through it to find the exploding tags, making the preparations on them so they'd set off a few seconds after being placed on the tree. He moved quickly so they wouldn't have to stall at all, not wanting to waste any more time than needed. Taro had a great sense of direction and knew exactly which way they had come from, though for a while he was a bit disoriented due the battle as well as how repetitive the surrounding seemed to be, but the drag marks and the opened box was a place marker. He began to place the tags on the appropriate trees moving away from them as quickly as possible as to not get caught in the explosion.

Few minutes later they all arrived at the rendezvous point, Azami was sitting on top of one of the logs, making notes in her little booklet, the box she had carried in earlier that day was now missing. She smiled at them once she had finished her notes, swinging her legs before jumping off from the log. She pulled out the stop watch and hit the button to stop the time on it. "Well done, talk about cutting it close you only had ten seconds left," She said while still smiling before continuing"You can have a Thirty minute break before we move onto the next task."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff