Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric was simply content in standing there soaking up the heat. His rough hands kept her warm as he let his back breath for a change and not have to sweat under his cloak. But as her suggestion was spoken he blushed looking down at her to see her avoiding his gaze. He was sure if she was simply kidding, meaning it in a friendly sense, or implying something else. His whispers twitched in his nervousness and glanced to the two seperate beds then down to her, "Fo you want me to bring your blankets to the fire to warm them?" He wasn't sure how to respond, how to move forward with her saying that and he leaned his head back to tilt it in question to the girl.

(Hahaha what is this frisky buisness? And it was ok, lost my voice afterward hahaha)

Questionable Blob

User Image

(Hahaha no nothing frisky...but I imagine after you've been on your feet so long, it's got to be nice to go and lay down instead and cuddle)

She was comfortable, but she was tired to and even just standing there was exhausting, especially with how incredibly warm it was. All the same she liked the feeling of his hands n her fur, though it seemed the question had made the red fur uncomfortable as his whiskers twitched over her head. Glancing at him she offered a slightly nervous smile. It wasn't for anything naughty or improper; they still had to work together but she would be more comfortable sitting on the bed at least. "Not really...they don't look that cold..." she said with a timid little grin. "Don't look so scared I won't bite you..."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric chuckled nervously as she teased him, "I never thought you would." He teased back before letting her step atop his feet and waddled them to the nearest bed since she looked so tired. He felt like a father right then, trying to teach his daughter how to dance or simply to have some fun and get her to bed. Loric always did see himself with a pup of his own one day, used to dream of it when he was a late tenderpaw. But when he learned the true life of a guard he sort of... Let it go. It was pretty obvious not many normal mice wanted to marry someone who slept on cold earth, hunted weasel, and who needed to stay away from home for most of their time together. Guardsmice were the worst spouse anyone could want.All in the name of duty. Loric remember his mentor saying, the male a long time ago that tried to balance his wife and his work. In the end he lost his wife to another, and turned to pledge full services.

As he got the pair to the bed side he smiled down to a of flower and let her settle. "There Ya go." He teased scrubbing her head as he sighed out stretching and settling down beside her yawning wide. Today had been busy, exhausting, fun. Smiling he kissed her girls ear and let his arm move to curl over her shoulders. "So how did you enjoy Lonepine? It's not that bad right? Unless you thought since I was crazy everyone else was." He laughed letting her go and laying back with crossed arms behind his head as a pillow.

Questionable Blob

User Image

Smiling as she felt him start to waddle, carrying her with him, Cornflower closed her eyes, holding onto him more tightly. Her father used to do this with her and she remembered laughing. It brought a smile to her lips, even if it was a little sad. She missed him. Being so far from home for so long was really hard for her. But she tried to cheer up as he gently tipped her into the bed and a smile found her lips all the same. Her arms stayed around his neck trying to encourage him to come down with her. She smiled as he rubbed er head, ears flicking gently.

When he finally lay with her her head rested on his chest, happy to cuddle up against him, her arms about his middle. She was happy to relax and sleep this way. "No it was lovely...when you know your way around....how was seeing your parents again?" she asked with that wicked gleam in her eye that said she was taunting him.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
As she settled on his chest Loric shifted her to simply lay stop him feeling twisted. However as she brought up his parents he shrugged, "You know well I love my parents." He hushed up to the girl law coming up to gently trace a single flaw down the middle of her head from her nose to the top of her crown. Although he may not seem so attached to his folks he knew it as good to see them now and again. "I hope you can come see them again too." He smirks kissing her chin as he rested back and simply gazed at her. He could get used to this, laying there, relaxing, admiring her in all her glory. "You think I could meet your Pa some day too?" He asked in curiosity one ear perking up as he smiled to her. He couldn't tell if they'd still be courting by then, but he hoped she introduce him to the man still.

Questionable Blob

User Image

Warm and comfortable as he shifted so she was laying on top of him, resting between his legs and still over his chest she smiled warmly and nuzzled into it. As his hand ran from her nose up to her forehead, she wriggled her nose, whiskers shivering as she looked to him with a smile, her tail curling gently about his again to hold on. "I know you do....and yeah...I'd like to see them again..." she said gently with a grin. "Maybe I won't be so awkward next time...2 she chuckled gently as she cuddled in closer. His request though was met with the warmest smile and she nodded enthusiastically. "Of course you can. He'd like meeting you...he worries. We could stop in the village when we get around that far?" she suggested gently.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric let the map run by his head before he nodded, "Of coarse, Ivydale is on our route, possibly the last few however." He hushed giving her a saddened look but kissed her lips, "But hey, it'll fly by quickly, I promise." He chuckled rolling to pin her down so he could kneel back and crack his neck and back. "Well, I think we should get some shut eye." He smiled stroking her cheek and stepping back to allow her the needed space of her own bed until he realized her tail and his own we're to steer together and he glanced behind in question. Was he not supposed to let her sleep?

(So sorry it's small I kept getting interupted)

Questionable Blob

User Image

(Hehe don't worry about it ^^ It's a good post)

She smiled brightly as he agreed before sighing a little. She knew it would be near the end, she had accepted that but she was happy all the same they'd get to stop there for a little while. "That's ok...I will just have to wait." she said warmly. "And there is going to be so much to see I'm sure the time will fly be..." she finished, trying to remain positive. However when he rolled over and pinned her there, she let out a squeak of surprise, staring up at him with a steadily blushing face, feeling the heat to the tips of her ears. What was he thinking? But he pulled back and said they should sleep and she managed to take a breath again, not realising she'd been holding it. "Yeah..sleep..." she mumbled. That was what they needed certainly but she had bene comfy. Slowly though as he looked down at their tails, she blushed again and hurriedly pulled it away ."Sorry..."

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric looked at her cute firebrick face and smiled boldly walking to her and hooking her waist in his arm and rolling to lay back into the matress of straw and the sighing out looking to her with one eye as he smiled. "Good night Cor flower, sleep well." He knew he wouldn't need covers what with the fire, and her keeping him warm as he let her keep one of his paws about her and the other behind his head. For the first time in twenty six seasons he slept without having his sword unsheathed and at his side poised for battle. And for the first time in almost those same seasons, did he get decent hardy sleep...

Morning was slow and he woke to the snap of the fire, the innkeeper having came in during the night to keep it stoked, their room and the keepers own being the only places for the heat so it needed to be constantly burning. He didn't even notice, his sleep was so deep he could have sworn he was snoring like a bear at one point or another. At least that's what his father always told him when he was completely exhausted as a pup. His ears flicks and he raised his head slowly eyes groggily blinking open as he likens about the room. Nothing was different or suspicious so he simply let his head fall back and he sighed out feeling Cornflower's weight atop his chest help to deflate his lungs. Smiling to the fact that last night at least wasn't a dream his paw smoothed down her ruffled fur eyes shutting to simply enjoy the morning. Being a mouse was nice, considering alcohol didn't last long in their systems, he had once seen a weasel merchant get drunk. The poor beast had stayed drunk however for the next few days. And yet here Loric was, feeling as fine as a daisy.

Questionable Blob

User Image

When he suddenly hooked her waist and rolled back into the bed with her, she couldn't help but smile and cuddle a little closer to him. He was willing to stay. "Night night Loric..." she mumbled, leaning over to kiss his cheek before cuddling down, reaching ti pull the blankets back over her shoulders and snuggling up against him. It didn't take her long to finally fall asleep and it was oddly relaxing, listening to the rhythm of his breathing.

By morning though she was a mess. Her fur stuck out in odd places and she had an awful headache. The alcohol apparently hadn't agreed with her. Groaning, she curled up trying to kepe her eyes shut. Her paws were deep in his fur and she didn't want to let him go. However when he smoothed out her fur she yawned, opening tired yes to look at him. "Morning..." she grumbled quietly, trying to sit up ut finding it felt like her head was full of heavy rocks.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric chuckled as she groaned and his head raised smirking at her. "Seems you and he ale are having a war." He teased propping himself up o his elbows as he helped her up only to squeak out in pain as she kneeled back into his precious parts and he pulled back wincing blinking open his eyes the. Looked to her again. "Did you sleep ok?" He asked softly sitting up the rest of way to face her again head tilted to the side in wonder for her well being. He didn't want to her to feel to bad, they did have to get moving. Although, he could let her simply sleep it off.

Loric slipped off the bed to move back to his cloak slipping into it and sighed at the warmth enjoying the nice burn it had to his fur before it faded and he moved to his belt to retie it about him then looked back to the ladymouse. "Do you need to sleep some more? I can come back to get you then we must head out." He offered staff back in his paw as he moved to the bedside again and kissed her head.

Questionable Blob

User Image

Her groan got worse at that and she tried to wave him off as he teased her. "Not fair..." she whined. As he helped her up however, it took her a moment to realise what she'd done and than she scrabbled away frantically stammering and squeaking out her apologies to him. Only to end up tumbling out of bed and hitting her bed. It hurt a lot and she ended up holding her head and whimpering. His question however made her laugh. "I'll be coming just..let me get the hangover cure..." she grumbled, wildly trying to reach for her bags.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric watched her struggle a bit and couldn't t help but grin, she looked so goofy right then. Sliding his foot to push her bags closer to her outstretched paw he waited for her skillful memory to produce the herb in which helped with nausea. When all was said and done he led them out to the room, down the steps, and out into the once more busy streets of Lonepine. Breathing in the crisp cold morning air he looked to the ladymouse and patted her head and headed off to get to the mayors home.

By noon the pair were already an hour out from Lonepine the morning a bit foggy and moist, with plenty deer roaming about in the patches of grass clearings they passed. Deer were a good sign some days, meant spring was truly here, but that also meant ith deer predators were out as well. Preying, stalking, waiting to strike. The sparrows that scurried along the forest floor hopping along the dead line needles looking for nuts and seeds lost from the winter. Loric had always wanted to be one of those rider mice, the mice able to take any beast and use their mobility to their advantage. He always wanted to fly. Helping Cornflower down by taking her paw he jumped and slide down the root paw holding here to help her slide down next and smiled to her continuing on. It was a good day so far.

(Sorry, got sooooo busy)

Questionable Blob

User Image

(Heh..I think our RPs have come a long way..don't you?)

When he kicked her bag over towards her Cornflower took the belt and little pouches and finally found the one that held the herbs to help for her hangovers. She ate them quickly and lay there a while longer before they kicked in. Then she dressed in her new armour dress, her cloak and her belt of pouches. Her sword was picked up and she finally followed him out, even as her stomach rumbled and span in her chest. Not a great start but she forced it to stay down. At least this time she was a bit more helpful when relaying the message to the mayor.

It wasn't the best trip. But by noon she was ready for a break, some water and some food. They'd got quite far but she felt guilty they hadn't said goodbye to his parents. Neither of them had brought up last night but more than once he helped her down over the roots. Things seemed better and they were making good time when her herbs finally wore off and Cornflower dashed off to hide in some foliage and rid herself of her stomach contents and all the ale. Groaning, she just clutched her belly miserably.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

9,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Loric had a feeling he knew why the ladymosue scurried off, but recalling the fox incident back at Frostic he simply stood at the other end of the bush and brier listening to her groans and hacking. Sighing some he rubbed his forehead in guilt before clearing his throat. "Cornflower, why don't we stop for a bit? Go find some seeds, maybe get a bit of dew for the journey." Loric assumed a bit of water and food would help her hangover and nausea but she was the herbalist after all. Making sure she would be safe he left his staff for her as he walked off to go find some morsels for them to eat, however would have to salvage a new leaf to collect dew on the other hand.

When he did return he had a belt full of seeds and blades of grass, and a folded leaf that gently dripped with a few dew droplets escaping. Along with gathering food he also scouted about, finding only a long forgotten carcass from what he presumed to be a groundhog killed by either a fox or coyote. Either way the bones were old d brittle, and the skin itself was stiff, decaying, and not the least bit bloody.

Pushing through the leaves and branched he set everything down and looked around for Cornflwoer careful to raise his voice in-case something was around and she was hiding. Sniffing the wind he bent down a bit to be a bit more stealth looking about for the brown fur in the midst of that bush.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff