Rivers and mountains she creates,
But you'll never know,
The next move she'll make

The White Witch
══════════════════════════════════════════════
You can try, But it is useless to ask why,
Cannot control her, She goes her own way,
She rules until the end of time, She gives and she takes

Treasa never got angry or upset with Fendrel. She knew he was only excited, and the closer she got to the end of the pregnancy, the more excited she got too. The child's kicking had gotten old for her by now, and there were times where she wished the girl would give it a rest, but the look on Fendrel's face each time she told him was worth the girl rearranging things inside her. His mother and Narcissa weren't the only ones that'd made things for the baby, Treasa had as well, and she'd even taken to sitting down with Elena to make the clothes. Someone had to teach her what she was doing with such tiny clothes, and while she was grateful for Ema and Narcissa, Elena was family now, and she needed to get to know her, so she had been.

Treasa always held her breath on the way down steps. She could get up them fine, but getting down them, it was too easy to miss one, and Fendrel had already caught her on more than one occasion when she miscalculated where to put her foot down. When they reached the ground, Treasa let her breath out, watching as the rest of the group greeted Nathaniel and those he'd come with came down from their horses. It didn't bother her that Nathaniel's arm was in a sling, he could have come back a lot worse of injury, or Gods forbid, in a shroud. When Nathaniel saw her, he cracked a smile and said, Gods be good you're-" Narcissa quickly clasped a hand over his mouth. Treasa had already made Marcus regret calling her huge, and Narcissa wanted more than five minutes with the husband she hadn't seen in months.

Nathaniel moved Narcissa's hand from his mouth gently. "I was going to say radiant, Narcissa." He kissed her on the forehead, then came over and hugged Treasa tightly before looking at Fendrel. "I'm glad to see me alive too! Bloody idiots aren't nearly as organized as they think! Turns out we didn't need you in Graymore! Maeve here's a good enough shot she was able to cover me just fine!" Narcissa came over, peeking into the sling at his arm. "Relax, my love, that's my shield arm." Narcissa didn't say anything, only nodded in understanding when he reminded her that that was his shield arm.

With every breath, And all the choices that we make,
We are only passing through on her way, I find my strength,
Believing that their souls live on, Until the end of time, I'll carry them with me

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Imagexbut how do I get there?
xxxxwhat road do we choose?

xxxxFendrel smiled as Nathaniel said that he was glad to be alive. He had been expecting him to say something about Treasa's size as well, and was surprised when he said that she looked radiant. It was true, she did look radiant, but he hadn't expected him to not comment on her size. That was what everyone noticed first, the belly. He smiled at Nathaniel, happy that he was back in one piece. He still had his arm wrapped around her shoulder, keeping her steady. When Nathaniel told him that he wasn't even needed in Graymore, he smiled and said, "Good thing." As he stated that it was his shield arm in the sling, he wondered what exactly had happened. If he had gone, would it be his arm in the sling instead?

when the season's so high for losing

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

User ImageBirds and butterflies,
But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Treasa simply hugged Nathaniel back, all the while with Fendrel's arm still around her. "Nice save." She whispered next to his ear. "Thought you might like that." He whispered back as he wrapped an arm around Narcissa. "So I didn't miss the handfasting did I?" Treasa shook her head as Nathaniel waved over the two women and the man with the ponytail. "No, we keep pushing it back. The time just isn't right yet." She watched as the other three came over to them. "Narcissa knows them, but you two don't. White, Fendrel, this is my brother Ardal, my sister Maeve, and my sister Neasa."

Believing that their souls live on, Until the end of time, I'll carry them with me

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel said nothing as Nathaniel asked if he had missed the handfasting. It was turning into a rather sore subject for him, and he really didn't want to talk about it. He had hoped that maybe it would happen before the baby was born, if not only to say that their child wasn't a b*****d child. But with only three months left, he had a feeling it wouldn't happen in time. Beyond that, the only reason they kept postponing it was because of the timing. If they weren't in the midst of crusades and war, he wouldn't waste a second. But everything was just so hectic as everyone prepared for an attack, that it would be damn near impossible to pull one off now. Nathaniel introduced them to his siblings and Fen smiled cheerfully. "By the gods, how many siblings do you have?" He laughed out, having not known that Nathaniel had siblings to begin with. Two sisters and a brother seemed like a lot to him, especially since he was an only child.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Maeve laughed as she pushed one of her braids back off her shoulder. "Actually, there's one more of us still in Graymore." Neasa patted Nathaniel on the shoulder, and she and Ardal started into the house. Both were ready for a horn of beer and to relax while they could before they were sitting at the table with Davor and the rest discussing what needed to be done. Treasa seemed to be on the same thought as them, because she started to head inside as well. She'd known Nathaniel had two sisters and two brothers, but having almost all of them right in front of her was a little off putting, and she couldn't imagine raising so many children so close together. The thought of raising just the one was enough to put her mind racing.

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFive children? Nathaniel's parents must have been insane. Fendrel was nervous enough about raising one kid, let alone could he manage five, especially all close in age like they were. Fen shook off his surprise as everyone started to head inside, and followed behind them silently. In the back of his mind he wondered if this child would be their only, or if they would have more. Being an only child wasn't so bad; Fendrel knew first hand, and the only reason he had wished he had a sibling was for someone to play with. There hadn't been many children his age when he was young, and had mostly hung out with older children. It was ironic to him that the woman he loved was older than him as well. Besides, Treasa knew just as well as he what it was like to be an only child.

xxxxAs Fen helped Treasa back to the house, one persisting thought lingered in his mind; the handfasting. Even though he had a million other things to worry about, his mind wouldn't let go of the thought. Unlike their daughter, they were unsure when exactly the event would take place, because there was no set time. And because there was no set time, he was beginning to squirm. Would it ever happen? Would the war against Alastair ever end? If not, then there was no hope for ever settling down. They would always be on the defensive, never having a moment to enjoy themselves. And although he knew that Gwendolyn was the main enemy, Fendrel could not help but pin all the blame on Alastair, every time. It helped him to get through the days, just thinking about the vengeance. Once they were inside, he smiled at Treasa and asked softly, "Are you tired at all?" Every so often he would check to make sure she had enough sleep, and this was one of those times.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Pretty soon, they were all sitting down at the main table in the dining hall, and Treasa would swear her arms had grown in length when her belly had grown, because she was fairly certain she shouldn't be able to reach anything as far away from the table as she was. It only seemed an extreme amount, though, compared to how close she was accustomed to being able to sit to it. Servants brought food and beer, and water for Treasa, and soon everyone was drinking and eating, and Fendrel was asking if she was tired. She just shook her head, "No, I'm fine." She gave him a smile, then leaned over and kissed his cheek

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel nodded slowly as Treasa said that she was fine. He had no doubt she was, although that never stopped him from asking. He smiled as she kissed him on the cheek, and with a cheery grin looked around at everyone. They were certainly accumulating quite a group. Even if Strayer showed up at the gate tomorrow he had no doubt that they could defend themselves well. Well, everyone except Treasa. If that ever did happen, she knew better than to run around and put herself at risk. Fen had even worked with Baylen on a safehouse where she and Rhiandra could go in the case of a surprise attack. It would at least keep them safe. But these thoughts were far from his mind as he held his horn up and said loudly, "Cheers!" Afterwards Fen drank from his horn, feeling the need to have toasted for their return, since he hadn't gone with them.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Treasa laughed a little when Fendrel raised his drinking horn with that smile on his face, and she took a sip from her own as she looked around between everyone. He wasn't the only one that was continually put off by the fact that they kept pushing back their handfasting. Like him, she didn't want their child to be a b*****d. She almost started to wonder if they kept pushing it back because she was getting cold feet, seeing as it was usually her idea. Every time they would start trying to talk about it, something would happen, and she would talk him into pushing it back more. As she set the horn down on the table she looked over to him and asked, "What about Mabon?" It was only a few weeks away, and she knew if they didn't do it soon, it wasn't going to happen. That was how she felt, at least.

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel heard Treasa's laugh, and it made him smile even brighter. He loved hearing her laugh. After taking a long drink, Fen set his horn down at the same time she did, and was surprised by what she asked. The Autumnal Equinox? What about it? She had asked what about Mabon, but he wasn't sure what she was asking. Raising an eyebrow, he looked to her and asked, "It's a very lovely celebration...?" He answered, the infliction at the end of his sentence suggesting that he had no idea what the hell she was talking about. He hoped that that was the answer she had been looking for, because if not then he had no clue how to answer.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Treasa just shook her head and got another drink of her water. "I mean for our handfasting... I want to stop putting it off Fendrel. We," and by we, she meant she, "keep finding excuses to... and I'm starting to fear it might not happen... Mabon?" She set the horn down on the table again and took his hand, bringing it over and giving it a kiss as she finished talking.

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel smiled brightly as she explained that she was speaking of their handfasting. Mabon was only a few weeks away, but it would definitely be before the baby was born. As she took his hand into her's and kissed it, his smile warmed and he rested his other hand on top of her's. "Sounds perfect." He said with a warm smile and leaned in to peck her on the lips. Everything was perfect, well, except for all the Strayer nonsense. He was with the woman he loved, somewhere safe, and she was carrying his child, and they were going to marry in a few weeks, and his mother was there with him. He would have to tell her the news soon. But first, he would enjoy the rest of his time with Treasa before reporting to his mother that they had set a date. Maybe they could even tell her together.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

Treasa smiled and kissed him back quickly after he said it sounded perfect, then let go of his hands and leaned over the table a bit (as well as she could) and called over to Narcissa. "Narcissa! We're saying Mabon now! Don't let us get out of it!" Probably the worst thing to tell a friend, not to let you get out of something, but she felt like if she didn't, they would only end up postponing it again. "Alright, I won't let you two out of it this time. Is your gown finished?" Treasa had started to work on her gown when they'd gotten to Leofwin, but every time they put off the handfasting, she set it aside and went to work on things for Maudaine instead. She'd even made her a little doll by now. Maeve and Neasa looked confused for a moment, and Ardal and Nathaniel were too engrossed in their meals and conversation with Marcus to care what the women were talking about. It finally clicked for Maeve when Narcissa asked about the gown, and Treasa nodded and said, "Yes, it's finished." Maeve restrained the urge to completely flip out.

Omnipresent Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100

xxxxFendrel laughed as Treasa called over for Narcissa to hold them to Mabon. She had a point though; every time they had set a date so far they had talked themselves into pushing back the handfasting. Even though it was usually Treasa's idea to push back the handfasting, he was equally to blame because he agreed with her every time. Each time they found a reason to push it back, he would go along with it. He wasn't sure if it was because he actually agreed or if it was because he was nervous. Either way, the handfasting would take place on Mabon, no matter what now. He promised himself that. As Narcissa brought up the gown, Fendrel had a sudden thought. Slowly he asked, "Are you sure it willl... fit?" He already knew what happened to people who picked on her size, but his question was a legitimate concern of his. He hadn't seen her work on the gown since the last time they had put off the handfasting, and he wasn't sure if she had accounted for the full size of her belly, since she had grown larger.

Friendly Dabbler

Treasa Ó Scolaidhe

But you'll never know,

The White Witch

She'd started to talk with Narcissa about the handfasting, and Maeve and Neasa were finally getting in on it. No matter how hardened the two looked, they were still women, and wanted in on it. Suddenly, everyone got quiet around her, and for a moment, she questioned why. Then Fendrel's question registered in her mind. Slowly, she looked over to him, a very hurt look on her face. She just sat there. You could have heard a pin drop in the room. Nobody moved a muscle. Until Treasa just shoved away from the table, got up, and walked out, leaving everyone staring at Fendrel like he'd lost his mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff