Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel had crawled back into bed after texting Dante and fallen asleep when he reliped to her it woke her up and she rolled over sleeply looking around for her cell phone.

She was tempted to tell him he needed a heart as well but was not that cruel. Well not yet, it would depend on how mean he was being to her.

"You must not remember much, I cant have ice cream. Lactose intolerant unless you are trying to do me in." She hit the send button and looked at the clock by her bed, it was almost four.

Getting out of bed slowly she went downstairs and searched for something to eat.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante was half asleep and fumbled with his phone when it beeped.

"Oh yeah, that's right! I remember now, how could I forget that? I really do need a new brain. I must have dain bramage. xp " He sent the text and then stood up. He yanked on the cord in the ceiling that led to the attic and was happy to find that all the contents of the house were up there in boxes. Dante began to pull them down and return them to their original positions - his father's books on the shelves in the study, his mothers' jewelry to her vanity table, his childhood toys to his old room. He hung his parents' clothes up in their old wardrobe, hung the pictures back on the walls, and then Dante flopped onto the sofa, exhausted. He still had a few boxes to go, but he needed a rest.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel made herself dinner, chicken noodle soup, watched a little more of Harry Potter then got dressed to take Lolly out.

"Alright Lolly just a short run tonight." She jogged along the sidewalks letting Lolly get some exericise. On her jog she bumped into Mark which unnerved her a little bit, she did not want anyone seeing her looking so ill. After chatting with him for a few minutes she whistled for Lolly who was not being friendly to him at all and headed back home. Once inside she kicked off her shoes and hung her coat up.

"Lolly guys can be so strange at times." She shook her head and went into the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante fell asleep on the sofa with several boxes lying open nearby, and his bear in his arms. The house was almost back to normal now, he just needed to finish unpacking some pots and pans, utensils and sheets. He had been about to get up and do that, but he had fallen asleep before he could.

He shivered a little - it was cold and he hadn't unpacked any blankets yet, so he was freezing. He dreamed of being a kid again, and what he would have done if he could go back and change the past.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel was in the process of making her tea when the doorbell rang. She dragged herself out of the kitchen and went to answer the door. No one was there but on the doorstep was a bunch of flowers with a note on a napkin. She picked them up and read the writing. "To the most beautiful girl, get well soon."

Shutting the door she sighed softly. "Dante sure is confusing as heck Lolly, life was much simpler when we were kids or even when he was gone. At least then I did not have to be worried about getting married."

Heading into the kitchen she got a vase and put the flowers on the coffee table in the living room. They were hand picked and many different colors. Hearing the teapot whistle she went to go finish up her tea.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante woke an hour later and yawned, then finished unpacking the house. He wanted to text Rachel and tell her, but figured she might be asleep, so he decided against it. He looked around and saw everything as it was - he even found his mother's address book and left it open by the phone.

"Now all I need is my parents..." he said quietly. Usually, his father would be sat on the sofa reading a book, his mother in the kitchen trying to create a meal that wasn't a disaster. He smiled sadly at the memories, and then recalled how he had been watching the Transformers cartoon and playing with GI Joe when the police knocked on the door and told him his parents were dead.

Dante straightened a photograph on the wall and sighed. If he couldn't make up with Rachel, he would have nothing left from his old life.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel finished making her cup of tea and went into the living room. Flipping through the stations she finally settled on law and order. Grabbing her phone she flipped it open and saw no texts or missed calls.

"Guess I had better say thanks." She thought a moment then texted him. "Thank you for the flowers, they are beautiful. I would never of known you knew my favorite flower. Even nicer you took the time the pick them and did not buy them." She hit send and looked at the flowers on the table again. The one in the middle was a yellow rose and her absolute favorite. She figured it best not to mention the note.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante was distracted from his sad thoughts by the beeping of his phone. He read the text and raised an eyebrow. As easy as it would be to lie, he thought honesty would be better in the long run.

"Flowers? Sorry, but that wasn't me. I put the bear there because it reminded me of your old one, but I didn't do anything with flowers. Maybe somebody has a crush on you? Haha, that wouldn't be the first time. Now I'm going to start guessing what your favourite flower is so I know for the future." He hit send and wiped his eyes with the back of his sleeve. Now that the house was unpacked, he decided to go and buy a few bits and pieces so he could make dinner and breakfast for the next day. He switched off the lights and locked the door, and walked to the nearest store.

Since he still had the eyes and nose of her old bear, and she had seemed to appreciate that whoever had left the flowers hadn't bought them, maybe he could look up basic sewing stuff online so he could make her a new bear instead of just buying one and replacing the eyes and nose.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel grabbed her phone when the text came through. "It wasn't Dante but who else would know?" She was confused and suddenly not liking the idea of being home but since she was ill she would not intrude upon a friend's house.

"Come on Lolly lets check all the windows and doors." With Lolly at her side she walked through the house locking windows and bolting doors. Finish that she went back the living room and shut the drapes. "At least no one will get in, most likely just a silly guy from school." She went back to her program attempting to get lost in the show.

The wind was starting to pick up outside and she hoped it would not start to thunder and lightening. Ever since she had seen someone come into the hospital burned from lighting she had been terrified of it. It was the only thing that scared her and thunder usually meant lighting so she was scared of that as well.

Calling Lolly up on the couch with her she hugged her dog and hoped the night would go back to being quiet.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Once he had bought a few basic ingredients, Dante returned to the house to make dinner, a simple meal of baked potatoes with butter and salt. He knew it probably wasn't going to do his diet any good, but it was all he could be bothered to make, so he quickly prepared it and went to his old room while it cooked.

He sat on the floor among toys he had taken from a box, and loaded them into his old toy chest to get them out of the way. He was surprised that nothing was moth-eaten or damaged.

He looked at his phone and wondered if Rachel was pissy that he wasn't the one who left flowers. Dante went back to the kitchen and kept an eye on the time, then once dinner was ready, he ate it silently and wondered what was on TV.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel drank her tea and watched the show all the while trying to keep an ear open for an unusual sound that should not be in the night. "Lolly you can hear better then me, hear any thunder?"

She ruffled her dog's golden brown silky fur and smiled. Lolly was one of the few things that made her happy in life. Ever sine Dante had disappeared as a kid she had never really trusted anyone to be her friend again. "I will never make the mistake of trusting Dante again. I may do something for him but he wont have my trust."

Lolly just wagged her tail happy to be up on the couch with Rachel. She considered texting Dante but she owed him nothing and was not obligated to tell him what she was up to.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The water in the tap was warm as he washed the dishes and set them onto a rack to dry. He pulled the plug in the sink and headed upstairs again, to brush his teeth and go to bed. He hadn't slept in his childhood bed for years, so he was happy to curl up under the covers in the blue racecar bed.

Dante left his phone on the drawers next to the bed, and cuddled his bear. He had never really gotten used to not having his parents there to kiss him goodnight, and it felt even worse now he was back in his own home. He tried to imagine it, and then rolled over to face the wall, which was decorated with cowboy wallpaper.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel flipped off the tv when the show ended and turned off the lights. She grabbed her phone and headed upstairs. After taking some medicine, washing her face, and brushing her teeth she went into her room. The light blue on the wall and thick tan carpet were somewhat comforting.

Since her bed was a mass of blankets all crumpled together she slowly pulled them off and straightened them out. Once it was made up she changed into pj shorts and a tank top before crawling into bed. Lolly jumped up and Rachel let her stay. "Stay on your half girl." Lolly happily ignored her and laid on Rachel's feet.

The bed was full size and plenty big enough for her and Lolly but she did not let her sleep on the bed often. The teddy bear Dante had given her was sitting on her pillow and she picked him up. "You sure are cute." She hugged him, he was fluffy and cuddly. Tucking him under her chin she held the bear next to her chest and soon fell asleep.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante awoke the next morning at 8 AM, and dragged himself out of bed, dropping his bear in the proccess. He picked it back up and made the bed, then sat him on top of the covers and went down for breakfast. He put two slices of bread into a toaster and reached into the shopping bags on the table to find butter.

Dante checked his phone for messages and found nothing, so he shut it and set it down next to him. He buttered the toast and started eating it and hating the silence of the house. He rummaged through a box of CDs after breakfast and found one his parents always used to play, and put it into the old CD player, surprised that it still worked. He set the volume low so it wouldn't disturb the neighbours, and gently hummed to himself as he did some dusting and vacuuming.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel woke around nine the next morning. The bear still clutched to her, she had missed having something soft and fluffy to cuddle with. Rolling over she patted Lolly and sat up slowly. The light was coming through the shades, unlike more bedrooms her had two windows. Seeing her desk with her computer and small entertainment center all in order she stretched a little bit.

Something felt wrong to her but she could not place it. Dragging herself out of bed she found she had an appetite and went into the kitchen. Flipping on the lights she put Lolly out back and then dug through the fridge to find something to cook. "Pancakes sounds good."

Pulling out the ingredients she mixed up some batter and soon had a pancake frying on the griddle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff